• Breaking News

    Friday, December 11, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Turning up brightness on Valhalla really improves the game

    Assassin's Creed Turning up brightness on Valhalla really improves the game


    Turning up brightness on Valhalla really improves the game

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 02:56 PM PST

    I'm playing Valhalla on a PS4. Still can't get a ps5 due to the bots (who ought to be assassinated from the nearest tower in true AC style btw).

    I noticed the world is really grey and dark. I've turned up the brightness from 9 to 10 and it's really improved the graphics. The interiors especially look a lot better.

    Just a friendly tip for any PS4 players.

    submitted by /u/JarlFurlong89
    [link] [comments]

    About Transmog, just to let you know (from AC fr Twitter)

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 03:17 PM PST

    Hi guys,

    I have some bad news for you, I guess.

    What was not my surprise when, after a tweet annoucing the upcoming update on the official Twitter account of Assassin's Creed France, the CM responded to a guy who kindly ask the return of the transmog feature right from Odyssey...

    https://twitter.com/AssassinsFR/status/1336993090796736513

    For those who don't speak french (a lot of people then) : first the CM says that he will share this request to the teams (so it seems that it won't be in the upcoming update I guess), and then ask what is transmog (to be sure that he understood I think).

    I don't know if the teams were already working on it or not (as CMs don't always have the infos before the update are close to be released), but I really find it surprising, in the bad way, that Ubi Montréal did not make this feature from the very beginning, even when they announced it months ago...

    submitted by /u/Dycoth
    [link] [comments]

    There has to be a better way to switch bows in AC Valhalla

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 09:18 PM PST

    Seriously, it's so frustrating to have to pause the game and manually switch bows depending on the situation you're facing in the game.

    For example, if I'm trying to stealth a camp with the predator bow and get discovered. I shouldn't have to pause the game, go to inventory, scroll around to find my light bow, equip it and then unpause the game. This is so immersion breaking. Why not give us a weapon wheel or a dedicated button to switch bows on the fly?

    This would really help with hunting too. If you're trying to hunt a pack of wolves or something, it's so much easier if you could start off with the hunter bow and then switch to light bow if needed for a close range fight.

    As someone who loves ranged combat, having to pause the game repeatedly has really taken away from my experience. I've barely used predator bows or light bows recently because of this. Most of the time I'll just make do with hunter bows because they're good all-around. But it sucks that I'm basically neglecting other bows and ways to play the game because of this.

    We already have a command wheel in the game. Surely it wouldn't be too much trouble if they added the ability to switch bows in that wheel as well?

    Anyone else find the inability to switch bows on the fly really inconvenient?

    submitted by /u/LR67
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILERS] Regarding male and female protagonists in Assassin's Creed

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 04:49 PM PST

    We've had female protagonists in the franchise since Aveline de Grandpre in Liberation. Aside from her, other female Assassins include Shao Jun (Chronicles), Evie, and Lydia Frye (Syndicate), Leila (Les Deux Royaumes comic series), Charlotte de la Cruz (Assassins), Galina Voronina (Initiates and Syndicate), Anne Bonny (Black Flag) and Aya/Amunet (Origins). Almost all of these characters except Bonny and Amunet originate from spin-off material such as comics and small-scale games. But concerning Odyssey, Kassandra was supposed to be the only playable character since she is the protagonist in the novelization. But because of higher-ups, she was given a brother Alexios who is more or less a deuteragonist because of higher-ups, but most players pretty preferred him as the protagonist over his sister.

    Because of the backlash over the choice of the main character, Ubisoft decided to give players a choice to customize the gender of Eivor in Valhalla. The game reveals that the character is, in fact, a woman since Goodwin's letter reveals that Eivor's surname is Varinsdottir, which should come as no surprise for any Scandinavian fans of Assassin's Creed since her first name is commonly used by girls. She is also the reincarnation of Odin, the male chief deity of Norse mythology. Much like Kassandra, Eivor also has a brother named Sigurd Styrbjornsson who befriends Basim/Loki and Hytham while visiting Constantinople. Personally, since they revealed that the main character of their latest game is a female, it makes customization entirely pointless.

    If I were Ubisoft, I would have preferred making female Eivor one of the main protagonists from the get-go and making Sigurd a playable character with composite traits of the male Eivor such as his appearance and relationship to Odin. I must stress that I don't want to make Eivor or reimagined Sigurd the sole canonical main protagonist for obvious reasons. Rather you could play as both characters in specific missions, especially multiplayer with a friend. As for Eivor, I would redesign her to look like the early concept art by Evan Amundsen, which depicted the character with a much more feminine appearance since the rugged, masculine look would go to Sigurd instead. Eivor would also be a reincarnation of Freyja since she is Odin's wife. Other than those changes, I would pretty much keep Valhalla as is.

    submitted by /u/Ficboy
    [link] [comments]

    I die immediately on 1st raid in England. Please advise

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 02:11 PM PST

    Its has occurred to me that I'm terrible at the game. But I was fine before England. Now on 1st raid, its a 1 hit kill from everyone. Was I supposed to level grind somewhere? Am I missing items?

    I'm used to more handholding from Ubi than this, lol.

    submitted by /u/917redditor
    [link] [comments]

    Playing Syndicate for the first time, after playing Unity for the first time.

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 07:43 AM PST

    What's goin' on?

    Just did the first assassination in the prologue, and it really feels like a step down. I know it came out after Unity, so Idk why that would happen.

    Unity, especially the prologue, went for some sense of realism. The movement, animations. They had weight, people moved like people. The parkour was the same.

    In Syndicate everything feels... cartoony. Too smooth, and more "animated". All the people look off a bit too, more stylized and less realistic.

    Why would they go backwards when Unity was such a step forward?

    submitted by /u/Sweet_Taurus0728
    [link] [comments]

    I came across an interesting feature

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 02:24 PM PST

    Hello everyone, I'm really enjoying AC Valhalla right now but I have kind of an "issue".

    My Jomsviking (female) is dressed with armor and all but she is now appearing topless, with her breast in the open, I wish to know if any of you had the same "feature" . (if it is one)

    Ps: I can provide proof but cannot upload it here because of nudity I think...

    submitted by /u/MaterSolieu
    [link] [comments]

    On this episode of Hookblade, we're looking at cut content and changed plans across all the AC games! Give it a listen and let us know what piece of cut content you wish made it to the final game

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 09:32 AM PST

    Does anyone know how or if you can change the look of your armor back to how it looked before.

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 05:15 PM PST

    I really want to use the Thegn Heavy Tunic but I really don't like the way it looks when you upgrade it all the way and it's the same for most of the armor and weapons I don't like how fancy they get when I fully upgrade them.

    submitted by /u/Griffininit
    [link] [comments]

    Will i enjoy the last trilogy of Assassin’s Creed games?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 05:12 PM PST

    I'm a long time Assassin's Creed fan and i have played and enjoyed every single game since the first one to Unity. I am interested in playing the three latest installments of Assassin's Creed but i am also a bit sceptical about it.

    I have never been a huge fan of RPGs with big skill trees or levels. Neither am i impressed with dialogues where you will have to make choices and so i am worried that these games might not be for me. What i loved with the previous games were the physics, the big fights, the stealth and definitely the story. Do you think that i will learn to enjoy the new games if i give them a chance or is the transition from "Old Assassin's Creed" to "New Assassin's Creed" a hard one?

    submitted by /u/wtfwurst
    [link] [comments]

    How could be cool if in AC Valhalla, ubisoft adds a mechanics to make repeatable the assault at the fortress

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 08:06 AM PST

    I mean the assault are one of the most coolest and amizing part of the gameplay, it's a shame that when you complete them you cannot repeat them and even you lose a fort for infiltrate And fight alone There are a lot of region that you find empty after the occupation of your allies, a mechanic to repeat the assault and eventually lose the siege will make the world more full and realistic, I don't think the entire world doesn't try to retake the fortess protected by 20/30 Vikings warriors

    submitted by /u/Ghigo1996
    [link] [comments]

    A short letter to the creators of ac Valhalla

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 06:12 PM PST

    I love your games and generally embrace it as the closest I can think to a game series that peaks my interest. I have played every AC, and despite their sordid errors, which no game is without, i have loved them.

    I love Valhalla similarly, but...

    (That's a big butt)

    I am finishing this game because I am a completionist, not because I feel it deserves it.

    submitted by /u/pizzaflavoredgogurt
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know if you can get a version of the Brigandine Armour at 'fine' level?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 03:30 PM PST

    I only ask because you can equip your Jomsviking with the 'fine' version but I could only find the 'superior' version in Cent. I'm mainly interested because all these armours seem to look better at lower levels.

    submitted by /u/OpiumFireworksLead
    [link] [comments]

    New way of having fun - challenges

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 12:46 AM PST

    Hello my friend. I love challenges and I'm sure I'm not the only one who dose , so my team and I , we decided to create a community for those who want to take a part in our challenges. We still have a lot to optimize , but once we are done with everything , we'll be ready to start the fun. I would love to have you in our community and maybe you'll have fun with us as well , so join us anytime you want.

    Just type ,,assassin's creed valhalla challenges'' in the facebook group search and you'll be able to join.

    submitted by /u/RoyalKnightGaming
    [link] [comments]

    I'm missing one of the Tablets - The Knife, I believe

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 12:38 AM PST

    I completed all of the Tablet missions using a guide, in the order presented, so there's no chance that I accidently missed one. I didn't realize I was one short until I got to Myrdinn's Cave. I was able to insert the first eight, starting from the left, but then one of the final pillars notified me that I was missing the tablet. I inserted the other two, but now it's difficult to discern which Tablets I had successfully acquired. My Order tab confirms I killed all of the necessary Zealots, but I know I took one of them out at a distance of ten to fifteen meters with my bow and arrow, so I'm thinking it's possible I didn't walk over the body to loot it. Would the corpse still be in the overworld somewhere? I can't remember where exactly the kill took place.

    submitted by /u/RideASpaceCowboy
    [link] [comments]

    I curious what people think about games like Ghost of Tsushima compared to assassins creed Valhalla

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 06:23 PM PST

    I really liked both games. Both with a theme of gathering allies which is something I really enjoy. My only thing with Valhalla is that the main story seems a little linear while games like Ghost have a more diverse story but that's just a personal gripe.

    submitted by /u/csardas9031
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoiler] AC Valhalla heard while exploring

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 09:14 AM PST

    Not sure if it is really spoilerish, but the answer may be.

    Has anyone else noticed some random whispering/mumbling/muttering voices when exploring? I occassionally hear indistinct voices while cruising the waterways (and even sometimes while riding throught eh countryside).

    Is there any explanation?

    submitted by /u/hamlet_d
    [link] [comments]

    Just why who even came up with this

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 08:14 AM PST

    It is just physical pain watching a horse struggle to go down a little ledge that has 1 cm drop or the fact that I can walk faster up a hill then a horses going up a HILL or that the horses just decide to go in the other direction when following a marker when following the road I'd really like to meet the dumbass who designed the horse mechanics

    submitted by /u/Grantorno
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers] AC: Valhalla romance consequences - I got away with it, I guess.

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 11:41 PM PST

    SPOILERS

    I hooked up with Randvi in the mission early on, but I felt super bad about it. I never touched the "Kiss" or "Take to Bed" options after that. I mean, Sigurd was right there, c'mon.

    Anyway, I get back from the trip to Norway towards the end and Sigurd proceeds to tell me that him and Randvi are amicably breaking it off - no mention of my betrayal or any infidelity. He also didn't bring it up when deciding whether or not to come back with me. Odd, but it's fine by me!

    Anyone else have this happen?

    submitted by /u/ReDefiance
    [link] [comments]

    Playing It Safe/Need more variety

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 05:32 PM PST

    AC has been playing it too safe in their recent games. The locations are all European/Western Cultures (Origins is sorta an exception). The series is in dire need to move to a more Exotic location. Some ideas I have is Feudal Japan, Ming Dynasty, Fatimid Dynasty, Akbars rule over idea or even Aztecs/Inca/Maya.

    submitted by /u/LoganMastromarco1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment