• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 31, 2020

    Assassin's Creed So... I started replaying AC Unity

    Assassin's Creed So... I started replaying AC Unity


    So... I started replaying AC Unity

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 06:18 AM PST

    Okay so I recently finished Valhalla and I really liked it, but I suddenly remembered how much I disliked unity back in the day and for some reason I decided to give it another shot. And after 10-11 hours of playing, I can easily say that this is the most fun i've had with an AC in years. The parkour is impeccable, the animations for the executions are flashier than in any other game (imo) and the stealth (although clumsy at times) is really fun for me. Plus the aesthetic is astonishing, the models of the churches and Paris in general left me speechless, i've just been having fun around the city doing murder mysteries and Paris stories. The one thing is that the game did need some more time in the oven (bugs are pretty common) but if you try to ignore that it's a unique experience and im super glad i decided to replay it. I'd like to know what you guys thought of the game back in the day and if you have given it a second chance, or already liked it back in the day.

    EDIT: Forgot to mention, the customisation in this game is nuts. This level of freedom choosing your style and weapon style is leagues ahead any other game in the franchise I believe, and all fitting within the assassin aesthetic.

    submitted by /u/jaime9800
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Valhalla has one of the most phenomenal soundtracks

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 03:56 PM PST

    After being in the world now for 140 hours and feeling like the background music (at least in raids) was rather underwhelmingly quiet. . . I booted up the soundtrack on Spotify and I tear up to EVERY SINGLE song like a bitch.

    I don't remember being impacted so heavily by a soundtrack since Breathe of the Wild or The Witcher 3's

    Einar Selvik was a magnificent choice that brought that magical Wardruna touch to the album. Sarah Schachner once again blows me away with how talented she is. Just the perfect album.

    submitted by /u/viking_boi
    [link] [comments]

    Man, Armor Transmog Can't Get Here Soon Enough

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 05:59 PM PST

    I've been wearing the Galloglach chest piece since I found it and after a while, because I had yet to actually upgrade any of my weapons and armor, I figured I'd up it one tier; it couldn't be that bad, right? Yeah, instantly hated the new look that is now bulkier and has big 'ol metal plates on it. By the time I settled on reverting to an old save after doing some stuff in my village, the oldest autosave I had was from literally right after I upgraded it.

    So can't use my favorite armor now, which is great and I looked up the last two tiers and holy hell, I cannot believe how off track those take it even more; turning what was once a simple black/gray leather armor set with scale sleeves into this big, gleaming pile of blue, green, and bronze mirror finished armor.

    submitted by /u/JerZeyCJ
    [link] [comments]

    I modelled the Hidden Blade from Assassin's Creed Valhalla!

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 05:07 PM PST

    Assassin's Creed: Odyssey is a fun game.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 01:54 PM PST

    I've heard a lot of people mocking Odyssey for not being an AC-game and I agree, completely. It's not really an Assassin's Creed game. There are no assassins, no templars. There's nothing that ties it into the other games, but it's still fun.

    I've played for about 10h, now, and I'm amazed at the fun I'm having. The side quests are fun, I like the RPG mechanics, the naval battles are cool and I'm also liking the bounty hunter system.

    I understand this game isn't for everyone. It's very RPG-based and you have to adapt to the situation. If you're into RPGs, I'd say give it a shot, it's worth it.

    submitted by /u/Matissieboy2
    [link] [comments]

    Can we just take a second to appreciate how good the soundtrack for Valhalla is?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 06:43 PM PST

    The soundtrack is absolutely amazing. My personal favorites are the main theme, Valhalla Nights, The First Departure, and Leaving Valhalla. And as much as I don't like the idea of reusing Ezio's Family, even I have to admit that I'd be lying if I said that I didn't like it in this version. This, Origins, Rogue, and the original from ACII are the best imo. I can't even describe how much I love this soundtrack.

    submitted by /u/NotASalamanderBoi
    [link] [comments]

    AC Origins | Stealth Highlights #3

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 04:03 PM PST

    It's a damn shame...Couldve had another good trophy.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 05:32 PM PST

    It's a missed opportunity that they don't have a trophy in Valhalla called Ride of the Valkyries when having an all-female crew on your longship. Similar to the Wrath of the Amazons from Odyssey.

    submitted by /u/EnderOdinson
    [link] [comments]

    110 hours of playing ACV and probably not even halfway through the main story

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 04:19 PM PST

    I want to start off by saying it's a good game, the best we've had with the new engine and I'm enjoying the world events a lot.

    Point is, the world is way too big for its own good. Sometimes you just can't continue with the main story without focusing on alliances for quite a while. While the world events are (mostly) worth it, it gets draining and with the impossible to figure out gear upgrade system it's even more difficult to not invest time in hunting down wealth locations.

    At this point of the game, after so many hours, if someone would ask me what I think about the main story I really wouldn't know what to tell them. The beginning was such a long time ago and I've been so invested in alliances I forgot where the main story left off.

    I personally think that if the map was a little bit smaller, or if we had less locations to check out per region the game could've benefitted a lot.

    How was it for you all?

    submitted by /u/ActuallyJustACupcake
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoiler] Quick lore question after just finishing Valhalla

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 08:25 PM PST

    So, all of the gods were present when they drank the jotun mead/wellspring potion before Ragnarok and should all have passed their minds down right?

    I got that Eivor has Odin's memory, Sigurd for Tyr, and Basim for Loki. Were any other characters like Thor or Freya hinted at?

    submitted by /u/Akomatai
    [link] [comments]

    Pressing the parkour button will make your horse jump off a cliff

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 04:00 AM PST

    In Valhalla when you try to go off a cliff your horse does everything but that. But today I found out if you spam the parkour button(a,x,whatever it may be on pc) your horse jumps off of it. This is an incredibly useful tip especially if you managed to get your hands on that black horse with wings from last week.

    submitted by /u/iranoutofideasl0l
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla sounds from other Ubisoft games

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 03:37 PM PST

    Anyone else noticing some of the sound bites that Ubisoft has pulled in from other games? Hovering over any legendary animal lair plays the Yalung mask sound from FarCry 4. String music while exploring has a lot of motifs from FarCry 5. Anyone else pick out sounds from previous games?

    submitted by /u/TiberiusWoodwind
    [link] [comments]

    I noticed a certain rune used in Valhalla's combat mechanics

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 03:06 PM PST

    When a heavy enemy attacks, the warning is the thurisaz rune, the name of which means giant. I found this interesting because heavy attacks are almost always performed by physically large enemies. Anyone else notice any easter eggs or details like that?

    submitted by /u/Captains-Log-2277
    [link] [comments]

    looking for competitive assassin creed revelation multiplayer players

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:13 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    I am looking for players who are interested in play competitive private artifact assault in assassin creed revelation. We play weekly and want more players to join us for more fun.

    If interested please let me know :)

    loving this game and want to play as much before its unplayable!

    submitted by /u/snoo-sad
    [link] [comments]

    [light spoilers] I think world events are genius - it makes the story and world much more immersive. these are my world events so far - what did you find?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 04:03 AM PST

    Hi, I am really enjoying the concept of world events, firstly my quest log isn't filled with endless amount of quests, and those events are small, short, not too much guidance which makes the whole idea very immersive to the world around you.

    Here are few small stories I found on my journeys, what did you find?

    • Trying to wallop a guy, I failed.
    • Helping nuns get their necklace back from soldiers and cross the river.
    • Help a couple reignite their passion by burning their house.
    • Killing vipers, collecting eggs and giving them to an old lady which ate them.
    • Helping a farmer get rid of his rat problem by killing a lady which cages all town cats.
    • Helping a kid feel stronger while waiting for his dad to come back from battle and not obsess over a leaf.
    submitted by /u/system3601
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got time to finish this Eivor drawing!

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 03:54 PM PST

    What's the point of daily opal costing items when you can't get more than one of the items in each weekly sale?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 03:56 PM PST

    I think I've bought two items total, maybe three, and I do both contracts every day. Something about this economy is stupid. Even if you collected all 400 world opals you could only buy 2 and a half items....

    submitted by /u/vckadath
    [link] [comments]

    Does the armour set you pick matter?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 06:09 PM PST

    I'm playing assassins creed Valhalla and realised that you can get any armour to mythical, so can I just pick the armour on which one looks the best rather than the actual stats? I know about the perks but do they make that much of a difference?

    submitted by /u/JakeBoi09
    [link] [comments]

    80 hours in and I’m now mashing the “skip” button in the hope the story gets back on track.. (Mid game spoilers)

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 12:26 AM PST

    The first 30-40 hours of this game felt great, good story progression and nothing felt to drawn out.

    Fast forward to "rescuing" Sigurd and I've now done a total of 3 different map areas, a ton do repetitive quests that seem to play no role in driving the main story, reported back to Raven Clan and nothing, not a peep out of Sigurd!

    So here I am, not giving a witches tit about what anyone I'm forming alliances with has to say because this have just drawn on.

    Fingers crossed things pick up soon 🙌🏻

    submitted by /u/BoostedBenji
    [link] [comments]

    New to the game - question on regenerating health

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 08:55 PM PST

    Hey guys, so I just started playing AC Valhalla a few days back, and I'm new to the series. I didn't make it too far (still in Norway), but I can't figure out if there's some way to regenerate health other than searching for cloudberries. Every time I enter a restricted zone with low health and no food in my ration bag, I can't save the game and sometimes die pretty quickly, so I just have to rely on the auto-save or whatever the latest manual save I have. This can't be right, there should be some easier way to get back to full health, is there?

    submitted by /u/j_frenetic
    [link] [comments]

    Hope for a return to unity style games after valhalla.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 03:49 PM PST

    I guess valhalla was the last in the Rpg trilogy. So now I hope that ubisoft returns to unity style with flashy moves, good animations, excellent parkour, and most important the assassins. I know those graphics can't be done with maps the size of a country but I'm OK with only cities and smaller maps.

    submitted by /u/Skrysekh
    [link] [comments]

    My combat experience in Odyssey and origins

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 08:18 PM PST

    So i got back into assassins creed games a few days ago, i bought odyssey and origins.

    The new fighting style is challenging and has potential to be very fun. For example i love odyssey and the combat in it. But in origins it feels broken honestly the block doesnt work like why do i have a shield if it doenst do anything and the dodge is never far enough even if i press the dodge button 3 times. Im not saying its shit or something but im not enjoying it, or am i doing something wrong?

    submitted by /u/Dr-light2
    [link] [comments]

    AC:Initiates and Community Challenges Content should be made unlockable again in Black Flag

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 06:10 AM PST

    The site has been down for years and the community challenges were requested to return but at the moment the content is lost and if you got them it's only for one platform. Would be great to make them available again. Those who have them already can unlock them for any other platform while those never had the chance can unlock them through ubicoins or a treasure chest. Also, content like the meatcleavers, which were not available in several countries, could be added aswell.

    submitted by /u/ShenL0ngKazama
    [link] [comments]

    What has been your favorite thing they have added into Valhalla that wasn’t in Odyssey?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 03:57 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment