• Breaking News

    Monday, December 7, 2020

    Assassin's Creed The Ideal Assassins Creed Gameplay should ALWAYS BE: Stealth & Parkour > Combat

    Assassin's Creed The Ideal Assassins Creed Gameplay should ALWAYS BE: Stealth & Parkour > Combat


    The Ideal Assassins Creed Gameplay should ALWAYS BE: Stealth & Parkour > Combat

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 07:25 AM PST

    AC has always been a stealth always first game, even if execution was never mastered, it always encouraged stealth more than combat, and origins and forward feel opposite of that.

    submitted by /u/Timo-D03
    [link] [comments]

    I think murder mysteries should make a return

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 02:45 PM PST

    Does anyone else miss the murder mysteries from Unity and Syndicate? Some of these mysteries (especially the ones in Syndicate) were really interesting and I loved solving them. Also, now that we have more side-quests than ever, I think it is a wasted opportunity that we aren't getting more of these missions rather than the usual fetch quests or combat based missions as they would add a lot of variety and make the game feel more diverse.

    submitted by /u/brainiac222
    [link] [comments]

    This reference warms my heart [SPOILER]

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 03:22 AM PST

    I returned to Ravensthorpe the other day, and found Reda telling other kids a story about the Protector and the Scholar, who lost their son in a temple the Protector was supposed to protect, avenged his death, and then kissed one last time and said farewell. The Scholar went east, while the Protector went west.

    This is obviously the tale of Bayek and Aya.

    submitted by /u/Megazupa
    [link] [comments]

    I love Valhalla, but I’ve got one big complaint: the Cairns

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 02:58 PM PST

    Look man, I like this game a lot but these cairns are not good. I remember them being advertised as a relaxing experience, and to be fair the first half of them were pretty alright, but in the later areas of the game they are just so difficult in the worst way. Why do I have to get the tower to be so high man? I've spent 30 minutes on some of them and one I legit can't get after a long time of working on it (I tried a guide but even then I'm too bad). Maybe there could be an skip button like the 2018 Spider-Man game had for their puzzles? I just can't deal with the heartbreak anymore of having my tower fall.

    submitted by /u/x_ERROR_404_
    [link] [comments]

    Why have they not gone back to Unity's graphics?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 06:19 PM PST

    Unity had good graphics especially with crowds, number of people on screen at once, lighting etc. Why have they gone away from that in this series? The games that came after unity don't look anything like it.

    submitted by /u/Dml33
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla should feature more Ravensthorpe [SPOILERS] after completion of the game.

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 11:52 AM PST

    Inspired by the post about Ravensthorpe kinda being dead

    With the game ending as Jarl, Ubisoft should add more Jarl decision-making scenarios between the residents that either alter or change your settlement boost stats, or lead to new Ravensthorpe settlement decorations/discounts. Or lead to more mini quests or something. It would be a good start to flesh out the Growing Ravensthorpe community. Aside from some small plot-filling letters I am not invested in any community members outside of the "Main Street" of shops

    submitted by /u/Fratboy37
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers] Just finished the game after nearly 100 hours, here are some thoughts.

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 02:09 PM PST

    • Out of the new AC games I'd put it behind Origins but slightly ahead of Odyssey.

    • These games have almost gotten too big for their own good. Everything is so spaced out and the story was a little all over the place. One fully fleshed out protagonist that is more of an Assassin from the start please. I think a return to a more focused story and game would be great for the series but I doubt we'll get that at this point.

    • Assaults/Raids should have had more depth to them. They quickly boiled down to kill, grab loot and leave. Maybe make them require more planning, or actually be at risk of losing your crew mates. More could have been done here.

    • Your horse slowing down when near enemies and slowing to a crawl at the slightest incline was a pain in the ass.

    • FUCK stone cairns.

    • I'm a little bit lost on where everything stands story wise now. As far as I can tell Basim=Loki, Sigurd=Tyr, Eivor=Odin all reborn(?). Something to do with those Anomaly visions. What is the modern day Fenrir? Layla and Desmond are looking into alternate timelines? Aelfred seemed to be alluding to starting the Templar Order?

    submitted by /u/byrnesf
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILERS] The endings of Odyssey and Valhalla felt very anticlimactic to me.

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 05:02 PM PST

    I thoroughly loved Odyssey and Valhalla, sunk around 80 hours into each of them, loved the characters and most of the story, combat and progression are incredible. But did the ending of each game feel kind of anticlimactic to anyone else?

    The "good" ending for Odyssey has you save your sibling from the Cult of Kosmos atop the mountain, and then it cuts to everyone having dinner in Sparta like a big happy family and then the story just kinda... ends. No big battle, no big conflict, nothing. I imagine if you get the ending where you have to kill Kassandra/Alexios it might feel a little less anticlimactic because it ends with a battle and a harrowing loss, but I didn't get it so I can't speak to that.

    The ending for Valhalla has you travel to the World Tree with Sigurd, and the stuff that happens there was cool, but then you travel back to England and either become Jarl or don't, and that part of the story just kinda... ends. Then you can finish the conquest of England, where you travel to Hamtunscire and try to take down King Aelfred once and for all. You have a small battle in a tiny ass town, fight Reeve Goodwin (which is not a particularly challenging fight), and then the battle happens outside, you sustain some losses which hurts, but then it just kinda ends with no mention of Aelfred stepping down or running away or anything. You find out later that he left and was the last member of the Order, and that was a nice moment as well, but I can't help but feel the story was anticlimactic. Same with Odyssey.

    I remember playing AC2, Brotherhood, AC3, Black Flag, and those were all wrapped up so well and the end of the story was so fulfilling. But I guess I just feel the ending of Odyssey and Valhalla was a bit rushed and anticlimactic, and that kinda lets me down a bit because I loved the games so much.

    submitted by /u/KingNothing71
    [link] [comments]

    What Assassins Creed game would you say explored the time period the best?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 09:26 PM PST

    I've decided to replay through the entire series before Valhalla and I'm currently playing Revelations. I realised I really don't know much about The Ottomans and Byzantines. So I decided to myself, before starting AC3, I'd study the American Revolution, to get the most out of the game as I can. It's tons of fun tbh.

    I plan to study the golden age of piracy while I play through AC3, and so on and so forth. (I'm particularly looking forward to Industrial Revolution and French Revolution.)

    So, to other AC Fans out there, what games in the series would you say explored their time periods in the most interesting / in depth way?

    submitted by /u/Flynn_The_Fox
    [link] [comments]

    The exploration in Valhalla is a bit annoying if you want 100%

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 08:45 AM PST

    I really like the exploration in Valhalla,England is a really beatufiul place BUT I like to explore every region and get every wealth,artefact and mystery before doing the main quests,I did it like this in Origins and Odyssey,but in Valhalla I can't get everything immediately because for some gear I have to be in a main quest or even worse I can't get that gear even later in the game.

    Another thing,why have the power level for regions a fixed number(55,90 etc.) and then throw enemies with 160 or 300 power,it does make any sense,why not put them in harder regions with higher power levels and have a liniar growth in difficulty.

    I'lll still try to 100% the game but is going to be much harder than the othersl.

    submitted by /u/PetreRazvan
    [link] [comments]

    Next gen exclusive AC game

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 10:26 PM PST

    Now that the next game will be for next gen, do you think that Ubisoft can combine unity level detailed cities with Valhalla style open world? Or would that be too much?

    submitted by /u/NathanD1234
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoiler] This one area in game is very boring

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 09:00 PM PST

    Asgard seems like it should be very exciting to be in, but it's just like any other city in the game. Quest is too far spread out with minimum fast travel point just like the rest of the game. Riddles, puzzle, and the teleportation ports are terribly explained.

    I for one think that Isus should always have minimum appearance since too much appearance "mortalize" them and destroy mystery within them. Same with PoEs. But this game has way too many of these.

    Also, the first visit to the Asgard is way too long. Further destroying the image of Isus.

    submitted by /u/turt547
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla - are there really only 6 weapons in the shops??

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 03:12 PM PST

    After The last game I've been completely underwhelmed with the lack of weapons and I've ended up wearing the same stuff and using almost the same weapons since the start. I bought all weapons from one shop (each shop had exactly the same ones) and now no shops have any weapons at all. You don't even seem get weapons when killing this games bounty hunters, everything seems a bit pointless. are they expecting people to pay real money to get something different?

    Also I couldn't tell what type of bow I was buying even. There's no descriptions available. Weird.

    submitted by /u/ColdAndSnowy
    [link] [comments]

    AC has almost gotten the "world-filler" right

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 06:45 AM PST

    Odyssey and Origins had a problem with running around and doing the same shit for ages when exploring the question marks. In Valhalla there is a bit more variation, which is great, but some of the filler is just that. It makes it painfully clear that it is just filler with no point other than filling the world with shit to do.

    Cool stuff:

    The mysteries are mostly fun side-quests and conversations, and they're always new, which makes exploration feel satisfying. The optional bosses are fun. The cairns are frustrating as hell, but cool and original. Wealth is fun to find. Aligning the symbols are a fun way to include some lore. The animus fragments are cool, but nowhere near as cool as the AC 2 "the Truth"

    Pointless filler:

    The curses you have to remove. These are just completely pointless with no unique dialogue or anything. It's just a pointless area where you have to run around and find something to shoot with your bow. Aslo, who is cursing half of England? There is no progress to them or reward other than clearing it from the map.

    The Roman artifacts. These are also completely pointless. You run around and collect the exact same masks and turn them in at Ravensthorpe. It would be cool if you could look at them like the Tomb Raider collectibles. You could look at a specific roman coin, a roman senator's toga or something like that. And the building is called "museum". So i would expect these things to actually be put on display. What are these masks? What is roman about them?

    The floating pages. "Hey, remember Black Flag?" is basically what this is. Except then it was for cool songs. Now it's for tattoos you will never see and stupid-looking ship-parts. And in Black Flag, the parkour worked. In Valhalla they have made the most unreliable parkour-system since AC 1.

    The leather and iron ore. You constantly need to collect these to upgrade weapons and armor and they are all over the fucking place. They are almost never just sitting out in the open either. They are always hidden so that you will have to find a way to shoot the door-block, find a window to climb in, or my personal favorite, run around like an idiot looking for some hidden cave entrance. This just feels annoying. It's just another way to drag out the experience by a minute for every little chest. It would be better if you only used the ingots to upgrade gear.

    The game would be much better if they gave us collectibles with actual meaning. So much of the world-filler feels pointless and frustrating. It would be better if they left the world a bit more open. It's an improvement on the previous games since the "reboot", but it is worse than, say, Black Flag or Syndicate.

    submitted by /u/hkf999
    [link] [comments]

    I may be a bit overleveled now..

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 06:02 AM PST

    So after 71 hours and 10 minutes, I have completed every County (except the level 340 Hamtunscire) collecting every single Wealth, Mystery and Artifact (that I could and wasn't locked behind a story locked door) and collected 20k silver

    I have upgraded Ravensthrope to level 4 with only the 2nd level of the Grain Farm and Cattle Farm to go.

    I have collected and fully upgraded (to all 10 levels) the complete Brigandine Outfit as well as my melee weapons Varin's Axe and Housecarl's Axe and my bow, Death-Speaker is also mythical level 10.

    I have also fully upgraded both my Quiver and Rations pouch and am power level 248.

    All that's left now is to start the main story.

    Im now heading to Repton to see what Sigurd wanted all them many hours ago...

    EDIT: Update, so I accidently fell into the lure of the Asgard story line and so completed that 100% and am now heading into the 2nd potion, I'm now power level 271, after this I'm hoping for a shot at Hamtunscire lol

    submitted by /u/TheSeag
    [link] [comments]

    Assaults should be more interactive and rewarding

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 09:08 AM PST

    I feel like it's just another raid with extra story related quests. They should do something like For Honor sieges where there's a commander that spawns after a while and you fight him, maybe add some mercenary-type enemies with extra abilities, just make it more fun, it's super disappointing when I start an assault and finish it within 5-7 minutes on the hardest difficulty...

    submitted by /u/0147520ARIREZNIK
    [link] [comments]

    Just something I’ve been wondering about

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 09:44 PM PST

    This may sound stupid but since when can you play ac Valhalla without the disc in the console? I didn't buy it digitally but I have a disc for it and it lets me play it without it

    submitted by /u/Deanlloyd
    [link] [comments]

    Why are weapons absolutely massive?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 03:06 AM PST

    This doesn't really bother me a great deal, but it is a strange design choice that has been present since Origins.

    I'm struggling to understand why they have chosen this, as it looks, for lack of a better term, silly.

    submitted by /u/cking145
    [link] [comments]

    Ax Valhalla follow road/ river stoner appreciation post

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 11:08 PM PST

    Can all of us stoners and such appreciate the follow river/road and go to destination function as it's awesome to smoke a bowl or otherwise . It's a great feature that I hope makes it into other games

    submitted by /u/girnny805
    [link] [comments]

    I Made A Big Mistake In Valhalla

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 03:18 PM PST

    After putting 40 hours into this game, I realized I was doing myself a serious disservice in AC: Valhalla by not putting more focus into the story.

    Something felt off about the exploration and gameplay after about 20+ hours in, and I couldn't quite put my finger on why it felt so unsatisfying.

    I had gained a lot of power and great gear. Explored a good bit of the map. Found some really great side quests, but others that were far less interesting or engaging

    Suddenly, enemies were almost too easy. I felt like a brutal Viking taking my rage out on squishy marshmallows. I didn't even explore the assassin side of the skill tree. Combat is all up to preference. I think it's pretty fun personally.

    I did all of this without much attention to the main story. So I started a new game and decided I would let exploration and side events happen along side of the main plot. If you didn't know, this is where the Valhalla really shines.

    The writing is just as good as Odyssey, if not better. Eivor is a very likable and complex character. The supporting characters are all enjoyable and unique. Viking and English history can be very exciting to learn. The lore in this game is fantastic too, some of the best I've seen in any AC game.

    I think what I'm trying to say is if you aren't playing the main story and letting exploration happen in tandem with events of the core plot, you might come out disappointed. The story is the greatest strength and the main motivator for everything else that can be explored or completed.

    TL:DR - This is not Skyrim. Do yourself a favor and let the story be the driver for all of the other side content. I think you'll come out pleasantly surprised.

    submitted by /u/Vegetable_Electrical
    [link] [comments]

    I want a game that focuses on the overarching story-line.

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 05:10 AM PST

    Until a while ago I was among those people who didn't even want the present time story, because it felt out of place. But that was just my ignorance, as even having played most of the games since the first, I never really paid enough attention to what was going on behind the scenes.

    Right now, after having finished Valhalla, I really wish there was more content that moved the "actual" story forward.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it feels like every Assassin's Creed game is a season of a TV-Show where 90% of episodes are filler and only 10% are the actual story.

    Would you like a game that actually focused entirely on the overarching story? A game entirely set in the present would be such a stand-out now that so many past eras have been explored.

    I love the series and I'll play whatever comes next, but I'd be happier knowing that I could have more than just one hour worth of "story progression", mixed with another character in another location.

    P.S. What I'm saying is slightly unfair (we get quite a few things, especially in Valhalla, but not as much as I would like), but the core idea still stands.

    submitted by /u/razorpakk
    [link] [comments]

    Spoiler, Juts collected all the 6 codes pages and

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 06:39 AM PST

    Bayekkk, I heard bayek's voice!!, That's the post, bayek's my all time favourite character, even though Valhalla has taken it's spot, bayek still lives on as the #1 character, that's it, that's the post :)

    submitted by /u/Imsadandhappy
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla is good but do the characters feel a bit helpless to you too?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 07:10 AM PST

    I've felt like all the characters are just helpless bystanders rather than actual parts of the story. Its Eivor do this, Eivor do that, thanks Eivor somehow I barred my own door after I left my house. Its just seems a little tedious and I can't help but feel like each new quest is more of a chore that nobody else could be bothered to do. On top of that it feels like you don't get credit for doing pretty much everything.

    Maybe this has been the case with all the Assassin's Creed games the entire time and I'm just being nostalgic. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.I just feel like I remember previous titles it felt like I was just doing part of a larger plan and the side characters were actually doing work in the background. On top of that NPCs respected your accomplishments a whole lot more.

    Edit: I've enjoyed the game so far it's just been a creeping feeling I've had as I go on.

    submitted by /u/Smackmewithahammer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment