• Breaking News

    Monday, December 7, 2020

    Assassin's Creed I think it's time for Ubisoft to brings back cities

    Assassin's Creed I think it's time for Ubisoft to brings back cities


    I think it's time for Ubisoft to brings back cities

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 09:03 AM PST

    Let's be honest guys, I think we all had more than enough of countryside and empty spaces with nothing to do in between.

    Bring back huge cities where we can do meaningful activities so we can actually experience the historical period at his fullest, with improved parkour, deeper combat system and a tighter main story

    I personally don't think i will be able to stomach another huge pseudo rpg with 200 hours of average content

    submitted by /u/Gonzito3420
    [link] [comments]

    Should Ubisoft go back to a Unity style of Gameplay with Assassin Creed and go with a smaller map with much more things to do and different ways to take down your target similar to Hitman.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 02:18 AM PST

    I'm starting to Miss the Unity style of Gameplay and want a Assassin Creed Game with a smaller map. Remember its not how big the world is but whats in it.

    submitted by /u/shangtsung190
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILERS] Raventhorpe does not feel like what it was hyped up to be.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 06:43 PM PST

    Ubisoft pitched Raventhorpe to be more than just a «place to restock». A place where the settlement grows with the player, with narrative beats, quests and interactions.

    Yet after 120~ hours and completing the game, it feels so extremely dead even while you progress the main story. Sure the settlement gets bigger as you build more houses and while it does have interactions, there were far too few of them for me to linger in the town for more than 30 minutes or less at a time.

    They should have added more filler conversations, random events and interactions to make it feel more alive. RDR2's camp system was brilliant, they would have dinners each night, sit around the bonfire, comment on you being away for a long time, had parties when certain people were rescued and my favorite, random conversations reflecting on your recent actions and decisions.

    Sometimes, pointless filler content can make the world around the player feel more alive and I feel like they missed an oppertunity to make Raventhorpe a memorable place. I'm sure we will get additions that will patch it up with a bandaid like the Yule Festival event but the core issues with the settlement will always be there.

    It was not a bad experience, just some missed oppertunities that would have added a lot to the settlement we are supposed to care so much for.

    submitted by /u/Erastopic
    [link] [comments]

    Hey, Ubi. Don’t be afraid to add in more Assassin-Type Outfits to the game!

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 08:06 PM PST

    I swear, we'll still love your other outfits even if you add in much cooler ones!

    Speaking of that idea, what kind of Assassin Outfits would you like in the game? Maybe a more true-to-Viking outfit? Maybe without so much gold?

    submitted by /u/AttakZak
    [link] [comments]

    “Nostalgia” Worldquest hit me hard

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 08:50 PM PST

    This was the one with the old man who asks you to move his stuff under a roof so it doesn't get wet in the rain. The old man doesn't seem quite there, and he believes you're his daughter, Rose. After you accomplish the task, he invites you to sit down and listen to a story "your" mother and him, which is quite endearing. He then offers you a ring "your" mother wanted you to have

    I politely declined, because I thought the actual Rose would probably want it whenever she came back. I then got up to leave, and he asks me to see "my mother" where he buried her, right under the great oak tree with the Rose bushes curling high into the branches. The tree is right next to his house, so I decide to go there and pay respects. As I approach, however, my stomach drops.

    There are two graves.

    A note confirms that the ailing man promised not to forget his daughter, even in death.

    I don't know why, but this simple little even made me feel some very real emotions. Goddamn, this game is so good

    submitted by /u/Deadfire182
    [link] [comments]

    Finished the game today after 125 hours and 78 crashes.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 12:25 PM PST

    Look, I don't know if its because I have an og PS4 from their release date and it sounds like a Saturn V being launched when the fan comes on but this game shit the bed at least 2-3 times per hour. Complete a story progression? Crash. Want to see the alliance map? Crash. Start a raid? Crash. Half way thru an Orlog match. While diving off a synchronization point. You name it, it crashed. I tried reinstalling the game. Still crashed. It was a fucking death march to try and complete this game. I'm curious to know if anyone else dealt with this?

    After 5 crashes on release day, I had to keep a log. Absolutely blew my mind. I got platinum for Ghost of Tsushima, I can't even recall if it crashed at all, maybe once or twice. Shit, even Odyssey may have crashed a few times and I had 300 hours in that game. SKYRIM with a shitload of mods would crash very rarely.

    78 crashes.

    submitted by /u/CannabisaurusRex401
    [link] [comments]

    Some aspects of the game feel kind of ridiculous but I still love it. Spend 20ish minutes stacking stones for 1 skill points

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 07:57 AM PST

    Mom: What are you doing?

    Kid: Playing Assassins Creed.

    Mom: And what are you doing?

    Kid: Stacking stones

    Mom: Why?

    Kid: Because a quiet mind is the reward.

    Mom: I thought you were an assassin?

    Kid: I will be, after I finish stacking these stones.

    Mom: There are stones outside, just stack those.

    Kid: But I need skill points. Can't get those outside.

    No joke though I wish I did these sort of things with my dad: stacking stones, going fishing, hunting deer, pillaging monasteries.

    submitted by /u/ShadowRazz
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers] There are two things, above all else, that I love Valhalla for: it gives me characters I can love and hate, and the payoffs in the story are glorious.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 05:35 PM PST

    Take the Ivar/Ceolbert story. I loved Ceolbert. He lived in a hard time and still held onto his honor, his innocence and his hope for peace, and then there is Ivar, the exact opposite of Ceolbert. A warrior of the old order who revels in battle and blood, and who ultimately betrays Ceolbert for a chance at revenge. Not gonna lie, I enjoyed every second of killing that motherfucker after what he did to poor Ceolbert.

    submitted by /u/ghostinthewoods
    [link] [comments]

    My love/hate relationship with AC Valhalla (no spoilers)

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 04:40 AM PST

    After just over 100 hours of gameplay, I have finished the final threads of the story content of Valhalla (basically my journal is now empty) and I can't help but feel extremely torn about the game. Here are my thoughts about my experience.

    The good

    Let's start with the great things Valhalla does, and it really does many things absolutely fantastic:

    • The story is great and the episodic direction really keeps the shorter story arcs very coherent, enjoyable and memorable.

    • The characters are strong and nicely fleshed out. Even Eivor with the dialog options manages to keep a very well defined personality throughout the entire adventure. Memorable characters are common in the multitude of story arcs, and extra optional dialogs often flesh them out even farther.

    • The game is absolutely gorgeous. The lighting is great, the colors range from picturesque pastels to gloomy and cold. It's a really great looking game. The character faces are also well made (yes, there is that children from hell meme going on, but you rarely see those) and are varied and good (much better than Odyssey's handful of faces that you see throughout the entire game).

    • Combat animations are visceral, impactful, flowing nicely and look spectacular and cinematic.

    • Stealth is pretty good and satisfying. Social stealth makes a welcomed return.

    • The order of ancients system is kept, and is mostly tied even deeper into the story. Post mortem dialogs also make a nice return.

    The bad

    Unfortunately however, while the story/lore/setting/visual design is top notch, the gameplay itself takes huge steps backwards on multiple fronts:

    • Balance is absolutely horrible. The game is super easy even on the hardest difficulty, and no level scaling basically means that you'll literally stomp legions of enemies without even trying hard. This single handedly ruins the experience and any sense of challenge.

    • The trivial combat difficulty basically gives you very little incentive to play the rather challenging and good stealth. Though I forced myself to do it just because it was more fun that way, but when you know that if you 'fail' you'll just stomp the entire army of baddies without any challenge, it just takes the suspense completely out of it.

    • Treasures are usually really annoying to get due to the need to find (yet another) crack in the wall to shoot arrows from, or an entrance that is not marked on the map - I would be happy with good puzzles, but everything here is just "look around aimlessly until you find that thing you did a thousand times before to solve this puzzle". Very bad, boring and annoying design IMO.

    • Some treasures are locked behind story progression, but will still show up on the map and you wouldn't know that. This coupled with the bad puzzle design just caused me to skip on most of the treasures that didn't have completely trivial solutions because I didn't want to spend time on a potentially impossible to get loot.

    • Rewards everywhere are absolutely abysmal. Seriously, I have never played an RPG with such pathetic rewards for tasks that you do. 99% of the time the rewards are simply a bunch of boring materials, which you need in the hundreds to upgrade your items. Other times you don't even get that (like cursed areas that simply don't give any reward at all). This coupled with the previous two mentioned issues just gives you very little incentive to actually try and get treasures or do tasks in the game.

    • Very few armor sets in the game. VERY few. Something like 9 in total (if you don't count the 4 that are behind an extra MTX paywall!). Yes, you can upgrade those sets a few times, but that won't change their set bonuses, just their look (which can easily look worse the more you upgrade) and some numbers.

    • Speaking of numbers - the game is absolutely horrible when it comes to explaining stats and numbers. Even seemingly straightforward stats like 'attack' on weapons are so vague that you will absolutely have no idea what they mean. I mean a weapon with 40 attack is weaker than a weapon with 80 attack, right? Wrong. It might do a lot more damage.

    • Really bad skill tree. They tried to do a Path of Exile (or Final Fantasy X) sphere grid of sorts, but instead of something that actually makes you plan your path and lets you min-max on certain stats, everything is completely pointless because of a couple of reasons: 1. They hide the tree behind a fog of war for some reason, making it impossible to plan ahead, 2. the stats are completely scattered throughout the entire tree - for example if you want to max up melee damage you'll need to visit nodes everywhere (it's not even more common in the 'melee' area). Bad design and it becomes absolutely pointless when you reach higher power levels because you'll just take literally every ability on the tree anyway - so not even builds are possible.

    • Active abilities locked behind items you find around the world. I would be fine with this, but instead of those items (skill books) giving us skill points and letting us choose which abilities to learn and use, those books have specific abilities attached to them, meaning that if you miss on such a book you may miss out completely on some cool skill that could have made your gameplay much more fun. There is no way to know which skill is in which book until you get it.

    • Super vague descriptions for runes/stats/set-bonuses. So you fight a boss and get an epic rune to use on your items! Great! But then you read the rune's description and it's: "Increase critical damage the lighter you are". Increase by how much? What's the range of the weight I should be to get that bonus? This is so vague it's just absolutely pointless to even try and use. And you find this everywhere. Armor sets that 'increase melee damage' or bows that 'increase weak point damage' - Was it too hard to write something like 'increase melee damage by 20%'?

    Final thoughts

    For what it was, I have enjoyed my time with Valhalla. The stories moved and intrigued me, I grew to love the characters, I walked around places with the HUD disabled and immersed myself in a beautifully realized world. I really loved it quite often. But for every hour that I spent loving the game, there seemed to have been an hour of feeling annoyed or bored due to the underwhelming actual gameplay. I started the game with a completionist mind-set, but after perfecting a couple of areas I have decided that I don't really want to perfect this game because I don't enjoy it's gameplay and side content - however, once I stopped going for side content, I started really having fun by just experiencing the stories back to back with very little downtime in between.

    Thanks for listening to my random rumblings.

    submitted by /u/renboy2
    [link] [comments]

    Why is "Ezio's Family" by Jesper Kyd so weirdly moving?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 09:25 AM PST

    That song is literally so good. I don't know why but I've loved it ever since I played Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. When I found the name I was so happy lol. Anyone else get goosebumps when they hear it?

    submitted by /u/foreverfanatic17
    [link] [comments]

    What is your dream Assassin's Creed game?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 11:30 AM PST

    What setting and time period do you want? What style of gameplay? What sorts of features?

    Mine would be the American Civil War. You could play as a former slave fighting with the Union. Character cameos could be Frederick Douglass, Harriet Tubman, Abraham Lincoln, references to John Brown (Maybe he was an Assassin), Ulysses S. Grant, William Sherman, etc. Templars could be various Confederate leaders, as well as English and French politicians trying to get involved. Since the US is probably too big to model in a game, the game map could be set in the area between like Virginia and Pennsylvania, with major cities being Washington, Richmond, Philadelphia, etc. Side activities could be freeing slaves, destroying Confederate stuff, intercepting Confederate messengers, assassinating leaders, and stopping blockade runners.

    What about you?

    submitted by /u/ObberGobb
    [link] [comments]

    Why haven't we got a Assassin's creed 1 remaster yet?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 02:21 PM PST

    I'm not sure if this has been asked on the sub before but is their a reason why Ubisoft haven't even mentioned the possibility of an Assassin's creed 1 remaster. I dont like the new RPG style AC games so the hope for an AC1 remaster is the only thing I'm looking forward to in the series.

    submitted by /u/gumball-2002
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoiler] A mystery within the mystery is forming

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 12:19 AM PST

    I've found some strange discovery underneath the meat of the game. Especially after i fell down a well and found a strange string of letters on a leather strip, along with writings on walls of shapes and roman numerals. A mighty mystery is forming my friends, and so far it has me dumbfounded.

    [Spoilers]

    So far i have found a triangle with the roman numeral: I on the bottom left angle. A triangle with roman numeral: II in the bottom right angle of the triangle. Next to the strange message in the well was the roman numeral: III. The strange message is as follows: MLMAOENSADQMVVACIXANIMOMVSASDCLOVIMLBIPENANE • TNVETIR • TIAVLTS No clue so far but im sure all of us can figure it out together. IDEAS?

    [Update] i believe i have solved the first bit of the puzzle. In the region of Cent, the angles of the triangle correlate with an area on the map where i found the markings the bottom right of the triangle is at the highpoint of Dover Fortress, the bottom left of the triangle is at the highpoint of Dover Pharos. If you use these two points to make an equilateral triangle, the top part is near the woods to the right of Canterbury, where i found number 3 along with the strange message in a well, it may be difficult to find.

    submitted by /u/OUTKAST218
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla finally feels like a proper narrative sequel to Assassin's Creed: III (Some Spoilers!)

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 02:04 PM PST

    I know opinions on the gameplay and overall game structure are mixed, but one thing I genuinely admire about Valhalla is that it seems to finally carry the overall narrative forward. I'm not totally finished yet. I just rescued Sigurd and immediately went to finish the Asgard/Jotunheim arc. I absolutely loved it and so appreciated the slow reveal of the fact that you were essentially playing up to the fall of the Isu (Ragnarok) through the lens of Norse mythology.

    Much is still yet to be revealed to me but these sections made Eivors story much more meaningful and it's criminal that a large portion of players may never even think to take part in these critical story missions hidden as a settlement side quest. I loved interacting with the Jotuns who slowly became clear to be prominent Isu such as Minerva and Juno (and how about that Ezio cameo! Sheesh!) I also really liked the trip to North America where we learn the origin of the Apple of Eden in Connors village.

    The last several games largely felt disconnected from the overall narrative. Small little bits of lore here and there were nice. We learned of reincarnation and the sages, which I imagine will be critical to the story further in Valhalla. But in terms of the modern day narrative, it felt like a lot of meandering around with no clear goal of how to move the plot forward in a meaningful way. The small hints that a second catastrophe is looming, while not exactly original, at least puts some kind of intrigue in the mix.

    Obviously I won't know the full scope of the impact on the overall narrative until I'm finished, but so far, I'm definitely impressed. I will say however, that the game is a verrrrry slow burn. Many of the most interesting narrative bits (in my opinion) I've experienced 50/60+ hours in. A lot of the more standard historical fair involving gaining allies, I've found to be a little dull. Big picture stuff though? Chef's kiss

    Tldr: Forward motion in a narrative = Good. Meandering around for 5 games = Bad.

    submitted by /u/CappnBrunch
    [link] [comments]

    [Valhalla] Please make it easier to travel evenly-paced along with quest-givers

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 11:38 AM PST

    I don't know if it's only been bothering me ever since, well, as far back as I can remember in AC, but it's always been so annoying to always have to start and stop, run around the NPC, strafe left and right, or any and all of the above methods combined, so that I'm not straying too far away from a quest-giver whose dialogue otherwise stops and therefore has to be repeated. It's doable of course, but it's such a tedious thing to have to constantly make adjustments for a relatively simple thing like walking next to someone.

    You'd think that AI's could, in this day and age, easily be programmed in such a way so that they just keep up with however fast you're going, or that we have some button out there that sets your speed evenly to that of the current quest-giver? Perhaps just a "follow quest-giver" function?

    Is this asking too much? I've always found this really annoying at least, it pretty much ruins any sense of immersion with the story.

    submitted by /u/Sir_Riffs_Alot
    [link] [comments]

    How does anyone beat a game like this in under 100 hours?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 04:54 PM PST

    I like to think I soak in the experience in a game as I go, but I am far from a completionist. I pick up the armors in each regions and things of note and usually try to complete a region with like 60-75% of it done.

    But I am about 80 hours into my playthrough, a power score of 207, and still have PLENTY of regions and story left to continue. I am currently on Vinland & have yet to complete Essex, Suthsex, Lincolnshire, and everything else that comes after those in power rating. How do regular people beat this in like under 50 hours, let alone under 100? What am I doing differently?

    submitted by /u/PolarBard123
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla - Should I bother to tackle or do raids in an area with higher power level than my current level?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 10:18 PM PST

    I just reached England so my power level is around 20 ish. I tried to do a raid nearby that has power level 160. The enemies are tougher and every time they hit you, it takes up half or most of your health. Don't forget there are some zealots or mini boss in the same area so it's impossible for me to raid it.

    I thought people are saying it's possible and there's no need to grind like in Odyssey.

    Also, people are saying this game is easy and hardly die but what the hell, these enemies are almost one shotting me lol.

    So I shouldn't head to an area with power level way above me or I need to grind power level?

    submitted by /u/nickywan123
    [link] [comments]

    The Ai in this game is atrocious at times

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 05:32 PM PST

    The stealth seems great at first until you realise how many enemies can instantly spot you (even through walls at times), it becomes 100x less fun.

    Then on the other hand they just straight up ignore you at times which can break immersion and ruin cinematic sequences.

    I really want to enjoy this game but man it is so inconsistent.

    (I'm talking about Valhalla btw)

    submitted by /u/ItsHard2Explain
    [link] [comments]

    SPOILERS - Need help wrapping my head around the ending

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 07:38 PM PST

    So I finished the game last night and have seen the Isu "truth" cutscene

    One thing I'm struggling to understand is the Isu/Norse pantheon

    Am I right in thinking that the Isu are real, and when we see them as Norse gods they are just Eivor's visions interpreting them in his own religion? So ragnorok is just Eivor interprating the Isu Catastrophe as that?

    Or is the suggestion that the Norse Gods were reincarnated as Isu/the other way round?

    submitted by /u/not_my_real_name_lol
    [link] [comments]

    I feel like eivor has to face the toughest enemies in the entire franchise. How would you favorite playable assassin hold up against them?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 04:55 PM PST

    My favorite assassin is Bayek. I feel like he would hold up pretty well against eivors enemies. He battled gods and came out victorious so I feel like most of eivors enemies wouldn't stand a chance. The enemies that worry me are the brutes,the guys with the great swords, and those guys in Asgard who use lightning. I feel like they would give him a hard time and possibly kill him.

    submitted by /u/MySticxg
    [link] [comments]

    One problem in open world games that I have little patience for anymore

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 02:34 PM PST

    Quests that you can't complete because you completed one of the steps before you actually received the quest. This goes back at least as far a Skyrim for me because they had multiple quests that fell into that category.

    In this game the culprit is the quest Lost Glory. If you run into Halfdan sitting on a porch with a speech bubble over his head don't speak to him unless you have a quest telling you to do so.

    In any open world game one of the first questions that should asked for any quest is "Can the player complete a step of this quest before we expect them to and if so then how will it be handled?".

    submitted by /u/Dolenzz
    [link] [comments]

    I’m having a difficult time with stealth

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 01:21 PM PST

    Am I missing something or is social stealth almost impossible to accomplish? I love the look with the hood up so i always have it on. I walk slow and try to avoid soldiers by walking away from them. But it always seems like I fail. Any hints, tips, or tricks you could share?

    submitted by /u/tim3111
    [link] [comments]

    [Skill spoiler] Skills not wanted

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 08:17 PM PST

    So I've got to max level and got all skills and started on mastery. However, of those that I can use regularly miasma and explosive corpse really annoy me. I also have never liked guided arrow from previous games. But with explosive corpse I'll be looking for something in say a monastery and it's a competition between odins sense and explosives sometimes, especially in small rooms. Miasma is also annoying as it affects civilians. I have literally desynchronised because of npcs running past a guard I killed who was poisoned. And now that I've reset them, you still have access to mastery, but you have a permanent 3 on your screen for the skill points to use (ex corpse has a single skill coming off it)

    submitted by /u/gnashcrazyrat
    [link] [comments]

    Deputy Captain as a companion in AC Valhalla?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 09:44 PM PST

    I bought the game recently and just got my deputy captain. I'm wondering if I am able to travel with him/her without a longship?

    In my head, I'm thinking it'd be cool to have a companion I travel with on horses and raid villages together since you need two people at least to open doors and treasures with resources. Only call other crews when necessary.

    Another reason is so that I am not lonely traveling alone in this vast lands of England. Lol

    I've been enjoying this game a lot and keep streaming every time I play. haha

    submitted by /u/NoisyLazy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment