• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 29, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Wow, all I have to say is I hope we get actual mocap cutscenes in the next ac and be done with this ai lip syncing thing during dialogue.

    Assassin's Creed Wow, all I have to say is I hope we get actual mocap cutscenes in the next ac and be done with this ai lip syncing thing during dialogue.


    Wow, all I have to say is I hope we get actual mocap cutscenes in the next ac and be done with this ai lip syncing thing during dialogue.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 05:20 PM PST

    Currently at the wedding mission in east anglia and the lip syncing is the worst I've seen it in the game so far. The characters are saying full lines and their mouths aren't even moving. Idk what kind of tech the devs are using to make their mouths move but it's terrible. Worse than odyssey was I think.

    submitted by /u/connors69
    [link] [comments]

    I genuinely curious, are the people who are upset with the portrayal of Vikings also upset with Black Flag?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 09:47 AM PST

    Because Valhalla does the same thing as Black Flag. A "clean version" of what the historical group did.

    People are upset that Evior can't kill civilians but Edward couldn't either. Edward also couldn't pirate civilian ships. He also couldn't burn and rape everyone in a village.

    Obviously Valhalla is not going to show all the horrible things Vikings did. And I was wondering why people are upset with Valhalla but not Black Flag.

    I think answer is modern perception. Pirates in pop culture is in things like Pirates of the Carribian or Peter Pan. Where Pirates dont actually pirate anything, or do anything they historically did. While Vikings are portrayed in shows like Vikings or The Last Kingdom. Where they do show what the Vikings did, in detail.

    But, basically the question is the title

    submitted by /u/ekington15
    [link] [comments]

    We need double assassinations to come back to balance the stealth in this game

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 02:31 AM PST

    If they're in Valhalla without me realising then let me know but I want the double assassintions back, it would be so useful in so many situations to be able to take out two guys at once, espically with how shit the detection in Valhalla is, to be honest I like how challenging it is but it would only really be balanced with something like a double assassination imo. and by double assassination, I mean where Evior does a little move on two guys at once who are standing next to each other, I know we have the axe throwing assassination but that's useless because as soon as you throw the axe half the camp gets alerted.

    This is a bit of a tangent but I've always been a stealth only player and I've found myself opting for a raid over stealth more often than not which is really weird for me, easily my biggest dislike with this game. It's easily one of the better games I've played in the last 2-3 years but I find myself getting frustrated with how the entire camp comes after me when one guy takes 0.5 seconds to spot me.

    Also as a side note I really want those double counter attacks from AC4 back as well, when if two enemies attacked at once then you'd do a really cool double takedown if you timed a counter (it would be a parry in this game) perfectly.

    submitted by /u/pelvis_thruster
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoiler] Can someone explain to me this Lovecraftian Nightmare I found?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 04:36 PM PST

    I am sure there have been threads about this, but I'm wondering if anyone likes the new looting style?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 07:14 PM PST

    I really think one of the vast improvements in the game was in Origins and Odyssey, when the triangles would appear over loot. I also liked how in Origins, loot didn't respawn. This return to almost original eagle vision is not great.

    This is especially inconvenient during a raid. I liked how after a battle in Odyssey, you could loot the battle field relatively quickly. I also like how it was easier to find an animal you had killed because of the big triangle. For hunting, especially, it was more realistic. I shouldn't be "losing" this many animals because I shoot them at night and can't find them.

    Speaking of finding things, I also miss having your bird tag enemies. Since clearing an area through assassination is impossible now, the least they could do is let us mark all the enemies in a specific area. I am not even sure what the purpose of the bird is right now.

    I feel like in going back to some of the mechanics long time fans missed, they really discouraged assassinations. If I wanted to play Red Dead, I would.

    submitted by /u/Dalecrabtree
    [link] [comments]

    Get the raven distraction level 2 ability and the heavy knock down rune.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 07:58 PM PST

    These two moves i havent really seen anybody mention. Dont sleep on them because seriously both of these moves will help you take down tougher opponents, at least for me it helped.

    raven distraction level 2 allows synin to fly down and take away one bar of stun on an opponent.

    up against a boss or a tough opponent with multiple stun bars? Shoot the easy to hit weak points then finish off the rest of his stun bar with synin for a finisher move for massive damage or an outright kill.

    Heavy knock down rune lets you knock down an enemy with a heavy critical hit allowing you to stomp for massive damage and wail on your opponent for some free hits. I just knocked down a zealot 3 times in a row essentially stun locking him this is an example of what this rune can do.

    Using these two methods ive just curb stomped two zealots that were giving me trouble earlier.

    submitted by /u/crilly125
    [link] [comments]

    Parkour in AC is just lazy now!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 10:42 PM PST

    Assassin's Creed Unity had the best parkour in the series. There was a time when Ubisoft actually used actual motion capture animation and each assassin felt different and unique. In Valhalla, you can just climb up any surface like Spider-Man, and you don't even have to grab on to actual objects... I don't understand the lack in quality over the years...

    submitted by /u/TaeKwonPiccolo
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: If you’re tired of those pesky barred doors, level 2 of the Dive of the Valkyries ability will open them right up. I just discovered this today, if it’s already been noted, my apologies.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 10:11 PM PST

    Not sure if anyone has talked about this, but the Dive of the Valkyries ability can be used to open barred doors without having to get to the other side. It's useful when I don't feel like looking around for the other entrance. Use with care though, it might take you somewhere you're not yet supposed to be.

    submitted by /u/sixfootassassin20
    [link] [comments]

    I wish inaccessible treasure had a different color icon.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 03:23 AM PST

    With as much time as this game makes you waste on finding keys or running around aimlessly, looking for some entrance that's not marked on the map, I wish they would at least give us some indication of whether or not we CAN access that treasure, at the moment. I hate spending 20+ minutes trying to get to some treasure, just to look it up and find out that it requires more story progression to access or that the key is actually on the other side of the damn map.

    submitted by /u/Uncle-Bubby
    [link] [comments]

    I don't mind the weapons and armor at all but I have one nitpick

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 04:18 PM PST

    I feel like my gear has been stuck, maxxed out flawless, for about 150 to 200 power levels now. I am level 300 about to wrap up Lincolnshire and still pulling nickel from chests.

    I mean I appreciate what they were trying to do, moving away from loot levels and gear drops on every enemy, but not being able to upgrade my weapons and armor for 30 or 40 hours (maybe more) seems extreme.

    submitted by /u/Dolenzz
    [link] [comments]

    This games goal is to be as inconvenient as possible

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 09:09 AM PST

    Here is my normal play session

    I see something on my map I want. I go there and I have to scan where the prize is. I see it underground, normally this is in middle of a fort were enemies are so they are attacking. I use my raven to find where the entrance is for the underground prize. The damn bird won't tell me so I wonder the whole fort looking for this under ground tunnel and its nowhere. I start going in the buildings and find some buildings are barricaded so I got to figure a little puzzle to open it. It takes me forever but I finally figure it out I get inside and I find the darn tunnel. Only to find you need a key. So the key is back outside where what feels like infinity amount of spawning enemies that never ends. I get the key and go back open the door to get to the chest and now that needs a key. Like really this took me so long and I'm getting mad at the game for this.

    Why does every treasure require some puzzle or obstacle? Why can't raven have ability to find ALL cave entremces? Why can't we have an ability to break barricaded doors like piercing shot? Not everything needs a key or please just get rid of it

    The combat and other issues don't make me this mad but it feels like it takes way to long to get the treasure and the amount of time to get it does not feel rewarding once you do.

    submitted by /u/ShadowMelt82
    [link] [comments]

    Getting called she as male Evoir..

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 09:56 PM PST

    Lmao I presume female Evoir is the main true cannon character even if they say she isn't.. because I got called she at least 3 times in the game, and it feels like most of the people threat you kinda like you are female.

    Although in Odyssey everyone threats you as if you are male, and I'm pretty sure he was going to be the main cannon version, but they just ended up liking Kassandra more, because Kassandra do be pog.

    submitted by /u/eirenero
    [link] [comments]

    Easter Egg in tattoo shop (mild spoiler)

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 11:49 PM PST

    In the tattoo shop in your settlement, there's a note of Tove's ideas for a new tattoo. They include:

    A mushroom with fire circling out of it.

    A dragon, breathing fire, with the wings of a bat and arms of a man.

    Vines, with sharp thorns, twisting around an ankle or wrist?

    Tree made out of feathres?

    Note also: The dragon's arms are very muscular.

    The dragon is, of course, Trogdor the Burninator from Homestar Runner about 20 years ago.

    The guys at HSR made a couple of videos about him, a flash video game, and even a board game.

    Burninatin' the countryside! Burninatin' the peasants Burninatin' all the people and their thatch-roofed cottages!! 
    submitted by /u/3Vyf7nm4
    [link] [comments]

    Crating Assassin's creed Valhalla Cigarette case

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 05:46 PM PST

    [MAJOR SPOILERS] Analysis of AC Valhalla ending, connecting the dots of different parts, and theory on what's next for Assassin's Creed

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 10:59 AM PST

    I believe the ending of AC Valhalla, as well as mythological parts and the hidden truth video, brew too many questions and discussions on what does this mean and what's next.

    On the first look, it seems that the explanation with Odin and other Isu being reincarnated was one-time, unlike Aita's... but is it?

    https://preview.redd.it/ctr3s3oms0261.png?width=1200&format=png&auto=webp&s=d75498776a62d75f9248413bee1bece352afe95f

    Let's start with what Hyrrokin (aka Juno) said in the mythological arc about her husband (aka Aita), the Mead and how she will apply it.

    https://preview.redd.it/ebsr73dws0261.png?width=1186&format=png&auto=webp&s=3271ef8417324d789dfa14b2df9623283c1f8e31

    So from her words, it's pretty obvious that Aita and Odin (with others) reincarnations have differences. Question is, what differences? To answer this, I have to get into the Norse mythology.

    As you know Yggdrasil is the center of the world that allows to travel between nine realms in the mythology... however it's not the case for Assassin's Creed, because Yggdrasil in AC universe allows to travel between different realities and futures. There are two direct hints:

    • The Reader aka Desmond and Layla are standing in front of the tree of realities, where Reader (previously alone, then with Layla) was looking through the calculations of future outcomes.
    • the actual Yggdrasil machine in Norway, according to Codex page, was used by Isu for viewing different realities and - check this out! - calculate the

    So, let's say the tree of life in AC universe is a tree of realities. This also opens a new view on the hidden truth video. You can see that this machine, which Odin and his comrades used to transfer their conscience, also resembles Yggdrasil.

    Based on all the above, the conclusion is this. That machine was designed to allow the reincarnation of Odin and other Isu in other alternative futures and realities. Aita, one, was in bad shape to do the same as them, also his mind and body, and two, unlike those Isu, lacked some crucial parts.

    https://preview.redd.it/w2fgtaxhv0261.png?width=1186&format=png&auto=webp&s=c9fd8fd2f5466bb2de928db9068af34bfec191f0

    The argument for this conclusion are Shaun Hastings's words. If you exit the Animus after viewing the hidden truth video, he says that Aita's reincarnation and that one are the "same technology, different application". So it's the same as Aita, but it was applied differently. More specific, applied as it was intended.

    Now we're going to the second part of the analysis.

    At the end, Loki sneaked into the room and also injected himself into this machine, transferring his conscience as well as part of his huge plan with Aletheia to avenge Odin for his son. At the end, "it worked perfectly, my dear".

    Now let me have a small lyrical digression and quote the actual mythology (which, btw, AC Valhalla writers were following almost word by word):

    When the gods presented Fenrir with this third fetter, he became suspicious, and he refused to be bound with it unless one of the gods would stick his or her hand in his mouth as a pledge of good faith. Only Tyr was brave enough to do this, knowing that it would mean the loss of his hand. And, sure enough, when Fenrir found himself unable to break free of his bonds, he ripped Tyr's hand from its arm. The chain was then tied to a boulder and a sword was placed in Fenrir's jaws to hold them open. As he howled wildly and ceaselessly, a foamy river called "Expectation" (Old Norse Ván) flowed from his drooling mouth. As the river's ominous name implies, this was not the end of Fenrir. At Ragnarok*, he will break free and run throughout the world with his lower jaw against the ground and his upper jaw in the sky, devouring everything in his path. He will even kill the god* Odin before finally being put to death by one of Odin's avenging sons. - source

    I don't need to remind you that the only person who wasn't being seen in the hidden truth among the main characters of mythological arc, alongside with Capitoline Triad (in Jotunheim Suttungr was Jupiter, Gunlodr was Minerva), was... Fenrir. Of course he wasn't a wolf in Isu times as he was portrayed, just saying.

    And now, the main mystery: what is the purpose of Loki and Aletheia?

    From the Animus Anomalies dialogues, you can hear that they want to avenge Odin for imprisoning his son, thus they created that plan to be revived through Basim. Now, where does the main storyline goes?

    You may remember the dialogue between Basim and Eivor in the forest, when Basim told Eivor he wants to return his son that he lost. Of course he's not talking about his own son - it was about Fenrir, and his dialogues in the final fight against Eivor prove it. Also, when he visits Eivor's grave, he says this:

    https://preview.redd.it/8mbpfsqr01261.png?width=1186&format=png&auto=webp&s=462d74f8ac4001d3f40fd46ad370752ff54fb361

    From what I see, Valhalla kills two birds with one stone. Not only it ends Layla trilogy, but also starts the new arc, where the "consistent" main protagonist in the past is... Odin. Which, btw, does allow to introduce new character every time. To put it simply, it's similar to how Abstergo started hunting the Sages after Black Flag, but now Basim with the help of Assassins will look for Odin's reincarnations, probably searching in the present too. And again, the writers kill two birds with one stone:

    • it finally provides a consistent main character in the past (although in a form you didn't expect) since Ezio;
    • allows Desmond and Juno to return by changing the node of reality through time travel back to 2012.

    A bit about the last part. First, Layla said it's better to start calculating from the point when Desmond decided to let the end of the world happen, hoping that at some alternative reality it's possible people learn about catastrophe. I don't believe it's being said just for easter egg or anything like that, neither you should. Two, this idea is not new: Jeffrey Yohalem, the writer of AC Brotherhood and Syndicate, told in interview with Loomer five years ago that they had a plan to make AC3 events happened in parallel reality:

    Originally there were some discussions about AC3 being in a parallel universe, where it just seems that its in our universe and then it ends turning out that its in a different universe. My point is just that you think that you've entered some dead end, and often times when you think that you've entered a dead end, thats the best place to be at for writers - because then you create some incredibly inventive, highly energetic solution to that problem and it re-energises something. - source (timecode is 1:40:27 approximately)

    Therefore, my prediction is that at the end the arc we'll move to the reality when Desmond lets the end of the world happen, and Fenrir possibly kills Odin (ofc not like direct, but through reincarnations or any other way), as it was quoted in the Norse mythology paragraph above, finalising the Ragnarok and bringing both Desmond and Juno back through the time travel.

    Upd: thanks u/Darby_McDevitt for the input! However I just want to clarify something in order to avoid confusion.

    I'm not implying the introduction of multiverses as it was in, like, Spider Man into the Spider-Verse. Ofc it's absurd for Assassin's Creed and doesn't make sense. I was mostly meaning this scenario: the Reader and Layla finally find the timeline where humanity learns the lessons from the point where Desmond lets the world burn, as Layla suggested, then at some point time travel happens (btw retransmissions heavily imply towards that) back to 2012, where they stop Desmond from sacrificing himself and then do it so people learn the mistakes, as again, Layla said in MD ending. Something similar to the concept of Attack on Titan, Steins Gate, or more simply - Avengers Endgame (although not exactly this, but with some similarities).

    submitted by /u/bool0011
    [link] [comments]

    Eivor cosplay by me! Hope you like it and if you do I have more content on my IG page (same username) :)

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 01:56 AM PST

    Combat is clunky ? Is it my play style or is it the game?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 08:35 PM PST

    Hey guys I was wondering if anybody feels like combat is really damn clunky. I'm playing with dual wield heavy weapons lol, is it that? Or is it just the game?

    submitted by /u/Fuzuza
    [link] [comments]

    I have a few questions about the ending of Valhalla

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 10:42 PM PST

    We all know that Basim is a reincarnation of Loki who was an Isu, so my question is, are all the characters from foreign speaking perfect english or is the animus translating whatever theyre saying? if their words arent being translated then did Basim just learn english in the time that he was in england doing his whole shtick as a hidden one? im going to end with something that has yet to be answered by any canonical piece of lore. did the Isu have their own language or was the words spoken to open the vault a secret password sort of thing made by the Isu?

    submitted by /u/MakeMeCereal
    [link] [comments]

    There needs to be a way to revert the appearance of armor you upgrade

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 05:40 AM PST

    I'm not talking Transmog / Refashion / Glamour, although that would be a welcome addition, I'm talking about a system we already have in the game. The Jomsviking armor / fashion system.

    I made a new game because low level Thegn looks like actually realistic armor. I specifically didn't upgrade anything and kept my settlement at rank 1. But because I did the Twitch Prime promotion, I got the Carolingian set as Mythical and now the Thegn armor I am finding is all blue. I can't physically get the lower tier sets. And the high tier thegn set, while very cool, does NOT suit this game. It is entirely fantasy. It looks like it belongs in Warhammer or World of Warcraft. And if I were playing one of those games, I'd choose that set in a heart beat, but it looks odd seeing a glowing gold behemoth running around on a battlefield when even the Zealots don't look as fantastical as you.

    submitted by /u/asirpakamui
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoiler] Valhalla may have its flaws but I do appreciate where it takes us

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 11:07 PM PST

    After playing AC 3 both original and remastered it's a bit nostalgic almost to be greeted with similar language upon arrival in Vinland. Valhalla seems a bit more in common with ACs of old with multiple locations especially with the impending DLCs and I do love it for the historical aspects

    submitted by /u/Jetjon
    [link] [comments]

    Why do people hate modern day missions in any AC game?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 10:42 PM PST

    Personally I like seeing the modern day sections of the games because it shows that despite it having been thousands of years, the assassin's and templars are still going at it. Plus, I kind of like the idea of modern day assassins.

    submitted by /u/InfinityGaming767
    [link] [comments]

    Can we have a dye system so we can choose the colour of our clothes?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 06:33 AM PST

    Ghost of Tsushima had this and it was awesome. I would love to have an option to choose different colour for the cloak and armors

    submitted by /u/Gonzito3420
    [link] [comments]

    I wish we got more from hunting the Legendary Beast

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 11:19 AM PST

    So first off I think legendary beast fights offer the most challenging fights in the game. It would be nice if we had gotten some really sweet mounts or abilities from defeating the beast. I meant the Gemad wolf, black shuck and whatever that bear was called would make some dope ass mounts. Maybe with unique passives that allow them to fight.

    I feel like there were some missed opportunities with these encounters is all.

    Maybe for some of the beast , Eivor could greatly would the beast then restrain them. They could then send the beast to Rowan at the settlement who would somehow pacify the beast, getting us a new mount.

    submitted by /u/Lord_Despairagus
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment