• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 8, 2020

    Assassin's Creed wouldn’t Haytham Kenway be Considered a traitor to the templars after he killed.. (Forsaken book spoilers)

    Assassin's Creed wouldn’t Haytham Kenway be Considered a traitor to the templars after he killed.. (Forsaken book spoilers)


    wouldn’t Haytham Kenway be Considered a traitor to the templars after he killed.. (Forsaken book spoilers)

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 04:21 AM PDT

    Reginald Birch? He just stormed in with jenny and holden, killed the British grandmaster along with another high ranking templar, walked away and returned to the colonies, wouldn't they have him under trial or something? On top of that he suggests uniting the Assassins and Templars which would be considered foolish and traitorous. And several years later he works alongside his son who killed his high ranking confederates and is crippling his order. He doesn't even hide their union even blankly states that Connor is his son. Wouldn't everyone around him be revolted by this at least suspicious and doubtful of his loyalty and belief? I loved Haytham in both book and game but i hate how it doesn't explain important details like this. What are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/JustSomeoneEdgy
    [link] [comments]

    I've been a long time assassin's creed fan and after not playing for a few years I picked up Odyssey and am loving it. I realized that I missed Origins. After playing Odyssey do you guys think Origins will hold up and still be enjoyable?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 11:02 PM PDT

    Obviously Origins comes before Odyssey and ideally you'd play them in that order. I am most concerned with things like the gameplay..will Origins feel clunky or out dates after Odyssey?

    submitted by /u/Nytfire333
    [link] [comments]

    The game mechanics in Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla compared to the previous games.

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 11:48 PM PDT

    I've been thinking about this and for me, the game's going in the wrong direction with some of the RPG elements and typical Dark Souls stuff.

    Specifically, I'm gonna talk about the combat. When the character is fighting, he isn't actually interacting with the opponent. He is just waving and swinging his sword in the air and if by chance the sword makes contact with the opponent, some damage is dealt and the enemy bounces backward. The only instance where you actually "interact" with the enemy is the finisher. Same problem with arrows, parry, dodging etc. Previous games didn't have this issue.

    Next thing, the effects are as bad as the mechanics. When loot appears, it's golden dust rising there and you swipe your hand in the air (while standing) and you pick it up (chests too). It was better in previous games where you literally searched the body. You also see red outlines on enemy weapons and red circles when an animal is about to charge (I'm not playing Tekken ffs). Also gonna say that hunting mechanics were best in AC3. Everything poisonous is covered with green fumes and when the enemy gets poisoned he actually "turns" green????

    Also gonna talk about stealth (although SOME of these issues MAY be fixed in Valhalla, judging by the beta footage). I miss the whole break line of sight, vanish, become anonymous thing; the SSI (real AC fans will recognize the acronym); the hiding spots, and the assassinations from them (Yeah I'm talking about AC3 and this feature is probably returning); the notoriety system (the one in Odyssey doesn't count). Also in the newer games, if one enemy discovers you it means the whole world's after you (Also goes for the animals). I remember in Syndicate if you raised hell in a Templar compound, on the way out there was a chance that the gate guards would still be unaware and you could double assassinate them on the way out.

    Lastly, the whole "stats" thing (I may be the only one irritated by this). You end up spending half the time calculating shit and making builds rather than playing. In Odyssey I just went with the stuff having the most Assassin damage. I liked the games where outfits were merely cosmetic and stats were only limited to weapons; I'm not gonna say armour had stats because better armour always meant better health (simple). It wasn't like increase Assassin damage at the cost of health or increase hunter damage at the cost of warrior damage and all that shit. And even weapon stats were limited to attack, deflect, and speed (not chance of starting a fire). I remember when it used to be about planning your approach and assassinating the target while being discrete rather than making the best BUILD to ensure you can kill the enemy in a single strike. Closely related to the stats thing is the "health" thing. And I admit it kinda bugged me in Unity, Syndicate, and Revelations too. No matter how strong the enemy is, the right move at the right time will kill them instantly. It's all about timing and finding the window. It's not like "5" death arrow headshots should be required to kill a brute (who isn't wearing a helmet).

    Having said all this, EVERYTHING is purely subjective. Maybe the newer generation likes this kinda weird stuff in games and after all, Ubisoft has to please consumers so OG fans have to pay the price.

    submitted by /u/Brother_Q
    [link] [comments]

    I like how each assassin's fighting style reflects off their personality

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 05:34 PM PDT

    Something I noticed was that before AC moved onto an RPG format, each character had a combat style that suited their personality.

    -Arno Dorian: He's a romantic Frenchmen. If you've noticed his assassinations moves, they look absolutely beautiful to watch. He kills with finesse and style.

    -Haytham Kenway: He's an English gentleman. Even when you're fighting with him, he looks incredibly elegant with his moves and is a relaxed pose while fighting.

    -Ezio: Family man and an all-around great person. I noticed his fighting style is the most traditional of all the other assassins. He's like the "default."

    -Altair: His personality is quiet, serious, analytical. He's a minimalist and mostly sticks to the shadows.

    -Edward Kenway: A charismatic pirate/treasure hunter/glory seeker. He fights like a pirate, but he also has a lot of showboating moves.

    -Connor Kenway: Dude is definitely impatient and got anger issues due to his tragic childhood. He also fights like a psychopath. He has the most brutal moves and many times rushes to the target without using stealth, as seen in the AC3 cinematic trailer.

    submitted by /u/International_Mine83
    [link] [comments]

    Who tested the crafting in AC3

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 11:49 PM PDT

    I really want to know because what the hell is this stupidity

    I have never seen a less intuitive crafting system

    submitted by /u/history_throwaway897
    [link] [comments]

    What would you think of another Templar game?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 02:11 AM PDT

    I really liked ac rouge I thought playing as a Templar was a really fresh experience. In my opionion it showed very well that there are no good and bad guys in this conflict but both are kind of morally grey. What would you think of another ac game where we would play a Templar? And how did you like rouge?

    submitted by /u/Spartan_4
    [link] [comments]

    Which AC game do you think nails the Altair's Robes Outfit? Judging in terms of cloth physics, textures etc.. (Reference video down below)

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 08:34 AM PDT

    How do you play AC Odyssey?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 06:46 AM PDT

    Hi. Recently I started AC Odyssey to shorten wait for Valhalla. So far I completed 3rd chapter and found my way to Athens. In every location (Kephalonia, Megaris, Phokis), I completed every side quest, every location, cave, shipwreck, bandit camp... But now in Athens I start to feel very overwhelmed. There are some islands that I overleveled and even not set foot on them yet, there are many locations in Athens themselves not to mention whole Attika, so I wonder how do you play the game?

    Do you complete everything everywhere? Or do you do just for example side quests to the point you are right level for main quest and move on? My worry is that I may miss something, some chest with good loot or so

    submitted by /u/RaadushS
    [link] [comments]

    Food for thought: How would Assassins from different cultures interact?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 04:45 PM PDT

    For example: American Assassins and Russian (or USSR) Assassins. Would they recognize each other as brothers/sisters, or would they consider each other enemies? Does the Brotherhood stand above the petty rivalries between different countries and cultures?

    Apologies if this was ever addressed in canon...I'm not terribly deep into the fandom as I'm about 2 years new to it, so I'm totally versed in every little detail.

    submitted by /u/WingsofRain
    [link] [comments]

    How long do you think they'll stick with the RPG style?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 09:43 PM PDT

    I have no problem with the RPG style and I understand that many people enjoy the RPG aspects from the latest entries in AC. The games look good and all to me, but I just miss the older style of AC games IDK why. But do you guys think they'll stick with the RPG style for many years to come or do you think they're making a switch after Valhalla or the 2021/2022 game? Just wondering about the community's thoughts since I haven't been keeping up for a while.

    submitted by /u/evoooooooooooooo
    [link] [comments]

    Over the last 4 weeks, I've completed 11ish Assassins Creed titles and my opinions have changed.

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 02:17 AM PDT

    Warning - Long, very, very long.(I'll try to avoid spoilers)

    (Feel free to add me as a friend on Uplay, my reddit username and Uplay username are the same)

    Just some background, prior to this I'd played the following games in order, as they were released

    1. Assassins Creed
    2. Assassins Creed Brotherhood
    3. Assassins Creed Revelations
    4. Assassins Creed 3 (no DLC)
    5. Assassins Creed Black Flag
    6. Assassins Creed Unity (didn't finish, probably got to open Paris then quit, hated it)
    7. Assassins Creed Origins (didn't finish, but not because of the gameplay, I liked it)

    Here is what I've played in the last four weeks (in order of played).

    1. Assassins Creed
    2. Assassins Creed Brotherhood
    3. Assassins Creed Revelations (No DLC, only available through steam so would need to buy a second copy of the game as the uplay store doesnt have it, wtf ubi??)
    4. Assassins Creed 3 (No evil washington DLC)
    5. Assassins Creed Liberation
    6. Assassins Creed China
    7. Assassins Creed India
    8. Assassins Creed Russia
    9. Assassins Creed Black Flag
    10. Assassins Creed Freedom Cry
    11. Assassins Creed Rogue
    12. Assassins Creed Unity
    13. Assassins Creed Unity - Dead Kings
    14. Currently - Assassins Creed Syndicate + DLC
    15. To Do - Assassins Creed Origins + DLC
    16. To Do - Assassins Creed Odyssey + DLC

    (In addition to the above I also watched the pre AC2 movie short and the post AC:R after animation which can be found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSLeM6DhfPk and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ6lIW9Ls30)

    I built a new PC in April of this year, right when COVID kicked off. The last time I owned my own PC I was 15, I'm now 31, I kept putting it off for years to commit myself to other adult responsibilities but finally decided it was okay for me to buy myself something nice.

    Obviously the first thing anyone does when they built a new PC, is they want to play some games with amazing graphics, so I downloaded steam for the first time in over a decade and purchases Assassins Creed Odyssey. I also bought a number of other titles, but I couldn't put down Odyssey, while games looked amazing, I just wasn't really compelled by other titles, they weren't keeping me playing. Overwatch at 200+FPS is nice.. but its still Overwatch, if you get my meaning. Odyssey on the other hand, the graphics in conjunction with the draw distance? I was hooked. So hooked I completed the game relatively quick. Honestly I can't believe I didn't pick it up sooner.

    Then I started noticing more people on Reddit, essentially, talking shit about Odyssey and Origins saying they weren't "Really AC games" and that "If Assassins Creed wasn't in the title, I wouldn't know they were AC Games". This surprised me, and honestly, it annoyed me. How on earth can you think they are anything other than an assassins creed game? You climb shit, synchronise, leap of faith, can have large group fights where you win by spamming the counter button, you can kill people from hiding spots, its exactly the bloody same, right?

    About 4 weeks ago, I pre-ordered Assassins Creed Valhalla, I ordered the the collectors edition like a good little consumer, as well as the statue because you get an in game tattoo pack and I'm a sucker for completion, companies see me coming a mile away and rightfully milk me. Then at the same time Ubisoft had a pretty significant sale, some really good titles were as low as the cost of a nice lunch when I got the stupid idea...

    ...What If I completed every single Uplay achievement for every single Assassins Creed title between now and the release of Valhalla? Can't be that hard, its not like I'm doing a 100% achievement list, its just the Uplay accomplishments.. So I started. So where else do you start besides AC1.

    So I started AC1 and I immediately gained a newfound respect for just how much upgrading they did to the climbing system, honestly, I had a hard time keeping track of some of the characters in the game as most looked the same, but as an adult I felt like I understood the story a lot more than I did in 2008. Honestly though, hated the gameplay, there were no Uplay achievements for AC1 but I felt like If I were doing every other title, may aswell do AC1.

    The first thing that really surprised me, is how much better the story of all the games are when you play them in rapid succession. When you wait a year or two between titles, it can really stagnate details and even make you forget about some elements in the story between that and a successor.

    I will say this, I was never a fan of the Ezio story, I enjoyed the games but I never really grew to love Ezio as a character. I thought playing through the trilogy, especially as I'm older now, would make me feel something that I'd missed all those years ago. I'm saddened to say that, I still don't really like him, though, I think there are some important points to the games. The step up between AC1 and AC2 in terms of functions is insane. I think that's the main contributor for why people love those games, there was just so much to do and the world was so big, even playing them back now I found myself often wanting the story to even hurry up because it really dragged on. They really stuffed so much into those titles. The games were also important for building the expectations of assassins creed, the parkour was far more polished and the story was fleshed out. The final thing and I think one of the most important things about the Ezio games is this. The other characters, the side characters, make the games. They are all well written and interesting, Apart from Ade and Haythem, I haven't seen a game where I cared much for anyone but the protagonist, however in AC2/BH even Rev, all the side characters were intriguing, I found myself wanting to know more about them, I even wondered why the Ubisoft didn't bring Rosa back after 2 (unless I missed something) what the hell Ubi? she was awesome. Oh, also, yes you can find multiplayer games in revelations still, you won't need to look for groups, you'll just need to persistently queue, overall it took me maybe a week to get to the required Uplay level 20. it was annoying as fuck, but its achievable.

    Then I started 3, now I used to love 3 when it came out, probably because I didn't like Ezio and there was finally a new Assassin to enjoy.. playing it again in 2020? alright I get it, Ratonhnhaké:ton is bland and certainly comes across as a moody teenager. It was just him essentially being impatient and annoyed the entire game and when I think back to comments made by others, that Haythem was far more interesting and should have been the main character, I agree Ratonhnhaké:ton just didn't offer much as far as personality goes. Next up was Liberation and I finally understood my stupidity by tossing aside the smaller AC titles, Liberation was fun, the story was easy to follow along with. You could tell it was made for PSP, but its certainly not worth discounting (except for the swimming, what the hell was up with that bullshit).

    I wanted a break before BF from the bigger titles so this is where I smashed out Chronicles. I found China to be easy as hell, had the most interesting story and I remember that it just looked beautiful, in fact the China and India games were both visually amazing, like water colour paintings bought to life. You could tell with India and Russia they tried to introduce new mechanics to the titles, I found these harder and more tedious, I also hated the art for Russia, it was very void of life and took away one of the most amazing aspects of the games. Overall though I recommend them, though don't expect groundbreaking stories that will help you understand the series better.

    On to black flag, this one I've 100%d in the past, actually I did it again last year, so considering it was so recent in my mind it was a bit of a rush job, though following it up with freedom cry made me respect Ade so much more as a key character for the series, who knew the quartermaster would end up in as many games as Ezio did. I didn't find the game as buggy as people report it to be (ACBF that is). I think if you haven't played Freedom Cry, you really should. Its a really great game, its easy to digest story wise and I think the story appeals to a slightly more mature audience as the game has less of a focus on Assassins vs Templar and more on just common human decency.

    Now Rogue, honestly and sadly, I didn't know this game existed, likely because it came out when Unity did so it was forgotten. I will say that if you didn't play it you really missed out because while its not a 'full' feeling title like some of the others, with less missions, its the literal glue between AC 3, black flag, freedom cry and unity. It certainly adds more (much needed) depth to some other characters in the series. I may sound like a parrot at this stage, but please don't discount it like I did originally, while there aren't many new features, I think the story alone is worth the purchase. Having said that, if you could only play 1 creed game, I wouldn't pick this, it works as a tunnel system between other titles so you can enjoy the entire series more rather than being a standalone marvel. Its the bread on a sandwich, not remarkable, but key.

    Now Unity was still as buggy as I remember, There were countless times where I was hanging from an object, smacking E, not falling, while muttering 'fuck you' at Arno. For the first time I forced myself through what I once thought was a trash heap of a game. I won't like, I didn't love it, what went from 6 missions to a sequence dropped down to 2-3. The game is beautiful and when it works it works, but I found myself in far more situations where I was limited by tedious game design than I was by my own inability to think quickly. I will say that when I finished Unity, which I finished this past Saturday and now on to Syndicate.

    I want to apologise to all the people I criticised when I said AC Origins and Odyssey are just as assassins creed like as the rest of them, they aren't. I'm walking the streets of London with a sense of melancholy knowing that once this title is over, that's it, the series won't be like this again. While I do love the new games its really sad to know that I also won't see ones like the old ones. In a perfect world we could have both and one wouldn't have to die to give birth to the other. Its almost the same as in movies when someone loses their memory and forgets the people they love, its still the same but, not quite, if that makes sense.

    So to anyone that like me, loves the new games more than the old ones, there is still some beauty to the old ones that can't just be boiled down to 'parkour' as the differing factor, its the mechanics in general, the lines of running and the approaches that have far more variety in the older games than the new.

    But again, I look forward to seeing everyone custom raiders and photos in the upcoming game, please feel free to add VooDoo-Blu on Uplay, I've surprisingly met dozens of awesome people on this mostly single player journey (weird, I know) so I'd really love to see some of the things the community can do with ACV!

    submitted by /u/VooDoo-Blu
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin’s Creed: Revelations is honestly the most relaxing of all the games.

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 11:26 AM PDT

    A great deal of this has to do with the setting. The other games feature the playable Assassin as being tied to the land and having a motivation for why they have to go out and kill fucktons of people. Altaïr wants redemption, Ezio in 2 wants vengeance, Edward wants fortune, Connor wants to keep his people safe, etc.

    With Revelations, Ezio is taken out of Italy and essentially goes on sabbatical to find Altaïr's library. The best part is that his vengeance is complete and he really has no problems in Italy, and even with his desire for knowledge and purpose, Ezio seems relatively at peace with himself and also has a good head on his shoulders.

    Constantinople is also a lively and colorful city that feels distinct from the somewhat rigid structure of Italy, and the atmosphere and ambient music are soothing almost like a vacation spot of sorts.

    The characters reflect the setting too. Yusuf of course is a lovable scoundrel that is so much warmer and welcoming of a deuteragonist than a cynic like Machiavelli was in Brotherhood. Sofia also showed a softer romantic side to Ezio that proved that he wasn't just the playboy he was in 2 and (to an extent) Brotherhood. Suleiman embodies the sense of wide-eyed youthful optimism and a profound sense of learning and discovery, despite his relatively small role in the game.

    Even the villains aren't as cartoonishly evil as the Borgias were, and Ahmet seemed like a well-learned and cunning opponent. He actually seemed to embody the purer aspects of the Templar philosophy more than Rodrigo and Cesare, who by contrast were tyrannical despots. It was very hard to actually hate Ahmet in my opinion.

    Even the gameplay felt relatively relaxing (Janissaries and hitmen aside), especially the hookblade's profound effect on traversing the city with ease.

    So that's my two cents. Other games I have to invest in, but I feel very calm playing Revelations.

    submitted by /u/i-got-a-jar-of-rum
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve been playing around in photo mode

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    [Spoilers] The beginning of AC: Origins is convoluted as hell.

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 12:03 PM PDT

    It's been some time since I played the game, but there is this one thing that has been nagging me. I am talking about the starting sequence of the game, which was very confusing with regards to time jumps and skips.

    So, a quick rundown is required.

    1. The very first cutscene starts in 49 BC, with the Pharaoh entering the village and Bayek and the others welcoming them.

    2. It cuts to one year later, 48 BC and shows us Bayek killing Rudjek.

    3. Not many notice, but there is a time jump between Rudjek's death and the first fight in the game. These aren't consecutive. After killing Rudjek, an injured Bayek is nursed to health by the Natron mines woman, Nefertari. This is explained later in the game.

    4. MONTHS after he is healed by her, comes the first tutorial fight in the game. Afterwards, he meets Hepzebah.

    5. After Hepzebah takes Bayek back to Siwa, Bayek tracks down and kills Medunamun.

    6. There is a flashback to 49 BC. This is apparently just after the first cutscene from point 1.

    7. You know how it goes, Khemu gets killed, then it cuts back to 48 BC.

    8. The game goes normally from now on.

    So, we have 49 to 48, then a time skip, 48 to 49 and 49 to 48.

    Did I get it correct? This is one of the only few problems I found in this game, otherwise it's one of the best entry in the franchise.

    How can these jumps and skips explained canonically, especially in the context of the animus? I am pretty sure the animus doesn't know when to skip time and when not to. Besides, aren't the memories supposed to be progressive? Or is it just for cinematic purposes and I am dumb?

    submitted by /u/PatienceHere
    [link] [comments]

    Moonlight Axe from Ubisoft Drops

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 10:21 AM PDT

    Has any one else got moon light axe from previous ubisoft drops? i still haven't got mine, even free copy of watch dog 2. it's already near for the next ubisoft forward and new rewards but previous rewards still not available

    submitted by /u/noirair
    [link] [comments]

    What is the hardest Assassin's Creed game?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 09:34 AM PDT

    What is the hardest AC game to date, in your opinion? Personally, it's either AC3, or AC Unity.

    submitted by /u/deathstroke8705
    [link] [comments]

    AC:Odyssey - how does dagger damage work exactly?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 02:49 PM PDT

    So far I'm Lvl43, only at Chapter 5 because I'm constantly lost in neverending sidequest/question mark clearing cycle. Up until recently I've been using heavy blade, because I found swords kinda underwhelming(much less damage and they're not that much faster).

    Out of curiosity I switched to a dagger as my primary(Arachne's Stinger) and combined it Snake Set. I noticed some very strange damage patterns with this stuff equipped. When I'm using a sword, my regular hit is always around 1500 and 4000-ish with a critical hit. The damage is predictable and roughly constant.

    However with the dagger it's seemingly random, sometimes I do a regular hit for 8000 and the next is a 6000 critical - how can regular hit be stronger than a critical?. Every now and then criticals are as high as 25000 which is almost as much as Hero Strike ability. Can somebody explain why this happens? Is there some sort of mechanic that affects daggers only?

    submitted by /u/Andrewhuzar
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favourite main story mission in each game, and why?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 08:01 AM PDT

    (If you dont know the name of the mission just describe it)

    I'll start this off by saying my favourite mission in the franchise is 'A Homecoming - Sequence 9 - Revelations'. While the gameplay is simple, I think the music, the characters and the amazing dialogue makes it top tier. How Darby managed to wrap up Ezios and Altairs story at the same time, and how he made these four prominent characters, centuries apart, come together in one room is perfect. It was certainly the high point of writing, which had been steadily rising up until this moment.

    AC1 - The assassination of Abu'l Naqoud. My favourite target, in my favourite district of my favourite city, with one of my favourite confessions, what can I say. I love the party atmosphere as Abu'l beckons from his balcony, as the guests slowly become more and more agitated, until they end up in a frenzy. I love Abu'ls justifications for his actions, the fact these guests were financing a war for a religion that Abu'l was a victim of, it's understandable. And I really like when he draws similarities to Altairs work, of killing people for some 'greater good'.

    AC2 - 'In Boca Al Lupo, Sequence 14'. The final mission. The buildup and the momentum before this mission (without dlc) fills you with adrenaline. You're finally here, in the Vatican, ready to murder Rodrigo and enter the Vault. The fights are great, utilizing Al Mualims tactics against Rodrigo, then following him to the Vault where you fist fight the bloody Pope as he talks about killing God, with some of the best music in the game (which sadly can glitch out). Then finally Ezio spares Rodrigo, which alot of people hate, and that's the point, it makes perfect sense with Ezios character but is still a mistake. A mistake which leads to the next game.

    AC Brotherhood - 'The Machine Gun'. Nothing more to say than it's a really great setpiece. It wouldnt be my actual favourite but the first 2 Ezio games have this problem of cutting up what should be one memory, into multiple. So my actual favourite would be breaking in to the Castelo and chasing Cesare to the Apple, but the memory is cut in three.

    AC Revelations - Excluding 'A Homecoming' I would have to go with 'End of the Road, Sequence 8'. One of, if not the best setpiece in the franchise, I love everything about this mission. The gameplay, the world, the stakes, the music, everything. And it has one of my favourite villain deaths in the series, because it's kinda sad. As with most Templars Ahmet has reasonable motives that we can agree on, he hates the blood fueds that surrounded him in the Ottoman court growing up, but it is these blood fueds that eventually kill him.

    AC3 - Haytham and Connor fist teaming up. Not necessarily a standout mission, a decent tailing segment and a fight at the end. But what really makes it is Haytham, and how he showed Connors complete misunderstanding of the Templar's goals. I honestly hate Connor so the more time with Haytham, and the more time he spends verbally shitting on Connor (like the scene on the church roof) the better.

    AC4 - Hunting down Robert's in Princinpè. The fist half of the mission is pretty straight forward, go into restricted area, go to green circle. But while doing this you can hear the crew talking about Robert's success, and Roberts is shouting out warnings to Edward as he approaches, all while one of my favourite pieces of music (the first half of 'Steal a brig') plays. Then you find Roberts and a chase on ship ensues, as Roberts destroys the cliffs around you. You chase him through narrow passes until finally you reach open water, and waiting there are British and Spanish ships also seeking Roberts. Cannonballs fly everywhere as the ships battle In a maelstrom, circling each other in the storm, all while the second half of 'Steal a brig' plays. You almost destroy the Royal Fortune, then you board her with your crew, as they battle it out you seek out Roberts and kill him, followed by a pretty decent confession.

    AC Rogue - Not a lot to choose from here as Rogue is barely eight minutes long, but I'll have to go with the Lisbon mission. You start off with a 'puzzle' in a cathedral, very reminiscent to the Ezio trilogy as I'm sure that was the intention. You reach the rather creepy first Civ site, and Shay accidentally destroys the device keeping the tectonic plates stable (at least that's what I think it is), you run outside and death and destruction surrounds you, the cathedral has all but collapsed and the city follows. All in all great parkour setpiece.

    AC Unity - The assassination of Marie Levesque. This one is less about story or gameplay, and more about atmosphere. Playing this mission with headphones on is insane, walking around the beautiful marble and gold halls of the Palais de Luxembourg (my favourite place in the game) as you hear the sounds of a party echo down halls, guests laughing and drinking, enjoying the fireworks, while Vivaldi's La Folia plays faintly. And if you enter a fight with Marie the 'Ballroom fight' music plays (one of only two times I'm aware it plays).

    AC Syndicate - The assassination of John Elliotson. Again this is all about atmosphere, walking through the dimly lit wards of the asylum, the tiled floor covered in blood, the screams of patients undergoing some unimaginable 'treatment', the patients crazily rocking back and forth, one patient slamming at the keys of a keyboard to some unjointed rhythm. The asylum is both grand, and run down. And the mission ends with another decent confession.

    AC Origins - This one was harder because missions are setup differently, you dont 'enter' a mission, rather you activate it. Missions have much less structure and so less detail and immersion. Because of this ill have to go with one of the only 'missions', when Aya travels to Rome to take out Septimius and Caesar. Amazing setpiece, quite a lot of freedom, decent bossbattle and okay confessions (Aya saying 'there is a new creed now' comes out of nowhere). Also very disappointed Brutus didnt use his dagger from Brotherhood.

    AC Odyssey - Similar situation to Origins but this time even less 'missions', and I'm not a huge fan of many of them. I'm just gonna go with the battle of Amphipolis where Kleon dies. I think canonicaly he was the last cultist to die (except Alexios and Aspasia) so it's quite satisfying to drown him. Its also the mission where Brasidas (one of the only semi developed characters) kicks the bucket so theres a sort of 'an eye for an eye' situation.

    Sorry for the novel, would love to hear other peoples thoughts.

    submitted by /u/childs_21
    [link] [comments]

    You can use hidden blade in combat by having the left weapon slot empty (fists)

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 10:33 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment