• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 8, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Sarah Schachner, Jesper Kyd and Einar Selvik on the new AC valhalla album, The Ravens Saga

    Assassin's Creed Sarah Schachner, Jesper Kyd and Einar Selvik on the new AC valhalla album, The Ravens Saga


    Sarah Schachner, Jesper Kyd and Einar Selvik on the new AC valhalla album, The Ravens Saga

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 02:24 AM PDT

    https://youtu.be/-_HBTB6AAHs

    https://music.apple.com/us/album/assassins-creed-valhalla-ravens-saga-original-soundtrack/1525641394

    Listen to the new OST for Assassins Creed Valhall NOW!!!

    The track list consists of ;

    1. Jesper Kyd, Sarah Schachner: Assassin's Creed Valhalla Main Theme (feat. Einar Selvik)

      1. Jesper Kyd: Son of Fjord
      2. Sarah Schachner: Asgard – Hall of the Aesir (feat. Einar Selvik)
      3. Einar Selvik: Hausbrjótr - Skullcrusher
    2. Sarah Schachner: Odin's Plunder

      1. Jesper Kyd: The Well of Wyrd
      2. Einar Selvik: Vígahugr - Lust for Battle (Skaldic Version)
    submitted by /u/Tyresmoke24
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Official Soundtrack Cinematic Trailer

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:00 AM PDT

    I hate to say it, but i think I prefer Syndicate to Unity

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    It's probably just the polish, and the fact unity is still just quite broken.

    But having way more fun with syndicate, and feel it's a story i can get behind. Unity was just so lost on me, had such little interest and can't put my finger on it :/

    submitted by /u/TheOneSwan
    [link] [comments]

    Playing ACIII after Odyssey is rough.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    I got ACIII Remastered for free with the Odyssey season pass and figured I'd give it a shot since I skipped it in my recent marathon. I put 100+ hours into Odyssey over the last few weeks and I'm finding going back to the old style to be even more difficult than it was adjusting to Origins after Syndicate. Anybody else gone back to one of the older games after playing the newer ones? Was it hard for you too?

    Edit: Side-note, the game opens with this monologue from William Miles about how important Desmond is and how great he's going to be, which I found to be fucking hilarious in hindsight.

    submitted by /u/Logandh3
    [link] [comments]

    I've been playing AC2 this way and I thought you may find it enjoyable too

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 10:40 AM PDT

    So, I was playing the game for the second time, and after getting the Medici cape I realised that it made no sense to start a slaughter of "friendly" guards. At that very moment I decided to play with the less bloodshed possible, and I've found it very immersive and entertaining. That is because, in real life, a murder it's always investigated, and a true Assassin would find more useful to kill only VIPs or immediate threats, and that is what I decided to do.

    In the first place, I tend to avoid guards or ignore them if they get cocky, and if I get surrounded or persecuted I make good use of smoke bombs, money throwing and hiding (this was a common one I know). Secondly, to deal with archers or lonely guards, I found out very useful to disarm them, because if they don't get reinforcements they will run away. Thirdly, to avoid fights with guards protecting a place like a codex page, I tend to use the services of thieves and courtesans (telling the courtesans to wait until you have given the distract order will prevent them from stopping in a patrol). Only using this three "tips" and a clear mindset I can go on with my playstyle.

    The first result of this is that I rarely get to be "known", as I've just killed the objectives of the primary and secondary missions and a little amount of guards when it was necessary. I've also found the combat more interesting and satisfying because it isn't repetitive, as in my previous killing-machine mode I was getting bored of fighting more and more enemies. Finally, but for me the most important, I really feel this is an immersive aproach to the game, and I'm very glad it allows you the possibility of choosing your playstyle.

    I'm sorry if this post has been useless for you as a more experienced player, but as an almost newbie this felt good enough for sharing. And sorry for my possible failures with the language.

    submitted by /u/Krasnygot
    [link] [comments]

    Should I keep playing AC Origins?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 02:23 PM PDT

    I recently started playing AC Origins for a few hours and I just simply don't like the combat system very much... the world and graphics are INCREDIBLE but I just haven't adjusted/figured out all the new systems... anyway I'm thinking about trying AC Unity or AC Syndicate instead... what do you all advise?

    submitted by /u/TheZacAttack98
    [link] [comments]

    AC Aztec Game Concept: What do you think it would be like?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 08:28 PM PDT

    If there were to be an AC game with Aztecs, I think that since the conquistadors came over and conquered and converted the Aztecs and other Latin American civilizations to Christianity, there would be Assassins and Templars.

    I know that there was already a Mayan Assassin group in AC4: Black Flag, but we don't know how it came to be. I think that when the conquistadors came and conquered the Aztecs, an assassin mentor or an Assassin group of the time like maybe Claudia Auditore or Aguilar came over and taught a bunch of Aztecs the ways of being an Assassin.

    And if there were to be a piece of eden the conquistadors/Templar's were to be searching for, it would probably be the Knife of Eden mentioned in the AC Descendants book series. In the book, famous Spanish conquistador Hernan Cortez found the Knife of Eden. Now if there were to be some other Eden aspect of an Aztec AC game I think there would be Isu/First Civilization temples all around that area in Mexico like we've seen in the more previous games like Origins and Odyssey.

    Ok, so those were my thoughts on an Aztec based AC game. If you would like you could even talk about a Mayan or Incan based AC game in the comments. Thank you very much!

    submitted by /u/Jaydi_Knight
    [link] [comments]

    AC odyssey from the perspective of a new player in the franchise.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    I'm very close to finish the game and here's how i feel about it.

    First of all, the world is beautiful, from a gameplay perspective, some complain about it being overwhelming due to it being so large, i mean, the point was to portray the greek ancient world, and in my modest opinion, i think that was really well done, you don't have to explore it entirely, that's up to you.

    Main characters could be better, personally i would like to see more of the family together you know, the objective was to reunite the family, and after the player manages to do that, all we have is a dinner, also it would be nice to reunite with Markos at some point. Anyways, i found the side characters to be interesting, especially the ones from Athens, Socrates and Alchibiades ( i don't know if it is pronounced like that because i don't play the game in English) are really interesting.

    Most of the side missions are fun, i personally found the one with Kyra really interesting.

    And then there's the mythological part, which i love because i love mithology, i loved fighting all of the creatures.

    At the beginning i was really hyped with the story, i started by cleaning the entire khepallonia map because i'm the kind of player that likes to clear everything but as soon as i got to the larger regions i stoped because there was a lot of stuff and i just wanted to continue with the main story, i was then forced to start doing side missions again because at some point i was like 3 levels behind the main story, and for me that's the problem of the game, i lost focus on the main story and when i got to it again it didn't feel as good as before, side content should be side content.

    I am now killing the rest of the cultists and about to kill medusa and i'm having a lot of fun again, i'm also preety hyped for the atlantis dlc.

    Overall the game is preety good and i don't get all the hate, it's my very first time in the AC franchise and i'm glad i made the decision to get to know it, i think that most of the hate comes from the og's of the franchise that somehow felt betrayed as the games took an entirely different direction from the first ones, and i get that, but i think that those guys should forget that for a bit and enjoy the new games because they aren't bad.

    I'm happy to be a part of this community :)

    submitted by /u/PursuitOfHapiness
    [link] [comments]

    The Northern Traveler Set is now in Odyssey. What are your thoughts on the look?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    I just learned that the Northern Traveler set was released on Ubisoft Club for free. No Ubisoft Club units needed. I think it looks cool. But what do you guys think of it?

    submitted by /u/NotASalamanderBoi
    [link] [comments]

    Fanart of Aya, I hope you like it!

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 01:24 AM PDT

    Giving us a gender choice is denying us of how great a historical game with a soul female protagonist could be.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 08:42 PM PDT

    Let's just be frank about this, history has NOT bean kind to girls. Most of human history they had little to no political power and a LOT less opportunities with a couple notable exceptions. Giving us a gender choice means it's impossible for the world to accurately convey that when the world needs to react the same way it does to kassandra as Alexios. And that sucks because you could create a great story about a woman succeeding despite literally every single Person not wanting her to. Even if it's not a huge part of the story just having it even as a little bit of it could be great. And maybe it's just me but as a dude I'm really OK with it being as big of a part of the game as the developers want it to be, I'm really ok if they want a large central part of the theme about feminism and succeeding against all odds, that isn't a statement for or against third wave feminism its just something I do think could be cool. Maybe some of you don't and its fine if you would want it scaled back but I hope we can at least agree that bit of it could be really great as a part of the world.

    Also the writing is worsened by it being exactly the same for both characters, im sorry but you write genders differently...

    submitted by /u/broji04
    [link] [comments]

    How long to speed through the main quests in Origins and Odyssey?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:06 PM PDT

    I want to go through all of the main games' main stories before Valhalla, but I don't have a lot of time. I was wondering how quickly I could go through the main quests in Origins and Odyssey (not skipping cutscenes,) not properly leveling for them but having decent to good gaming skill.

    submitted by /u/Speed_X64
    [link] [comments]

    Whats your ideal trilogy for Assassin's Creed AFTER Valhalla?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 05:46 PM PDT

    My personally are..... • Ancient China During the Zhou dynasty

    • Roman Empire With Aya as the main character
    Rise of the Liberalis Circulus

    • Dark Ages Empire of Frankia under Charles the Great, Focusing on the 8th and 9th century would give us plenty of swords, shields, castles, wars, religion, and violence and an opportunity for us to play as an actual Knight.

    submitted by /u/ACFalconJets007
    [link] [comments]

    After Valhalla, what settings would you like to explore?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    Obviously, I am absolutely stoked for Valhalla. I've already arranged to get it for Christmas. But, after Valhalla comes out, where would you like Ubisoft to go now? This has topic has probably been posted before, but here's my top 10 list on future settings:

    10: First Punic War (Central Mediterranean) 264 BC - 241 BCE

    9: Dutch Golden Age (English Channel) 1600 CE

    8: Ancient Rome (Italian Peninsula/Adriatic Sea/Balkans) 150 BCE

    7: Norman Conquest of England (English Channel) 1066 CE

    6: Napoleonic Wars (Western Europe) 1803 - 1815 CE

    5: Mongolian Empire (Mongolian Steppe) 1200 CE

    4: 3 Kingdoms Period (China) 220 - 280 CE

    3: Inca Empire (South America) 1550 CE

    2: Aztec Empire (Mexico/ Central America) 1400 CE

    1: Sengoku Period (Japan) 1467 - 1615

    If you have any questions about my list, feel free to comment. :)

    submitted by /u/Mant1c0re
    [link] [comments]

    Ac:Embers and Shao Jun was wasted potential

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:31 PM PDT

    We could of had a open world ac china game had they fleshed out the shao Jun game we could have started out in florence trying to find ezio and we could learn the combat system in that fight with the templar from the short film. After the prologue and when were in china we get a letter saying ezio is dead shao jun tosses it into a fire and then the title card, assassin's creed embers. I think I remember her saying something about reestablishing the brother hood so we could of had the assassin recruit system back. The story would be the story from assassin's creed chronicles china I dont know what the story is because I haven't played the game but it would be open world unlike ac chronicles china.

    submitted by /u/Frickmedadddy
    [link] [comments]

    Game Concept: Assassin VS Templar

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 08:14 AM PDT

    Now I dont really know what time period this could be set in. But the mechanic I thought of was unique.

    We play as a modern day protagonist who is hunting for a Piece of Eden by using the Animus to relive the memories of his ancestor who is an Assassin also hunting for it. This is post-AC1, so the Templars are also making plans to uncover this lost artifact and use it to create order. As we play as the Assassin and hunt a clue, we encounter a Templar sent to retrieve it. After the encounter, the Animus malfunctions as Abstergo cut the power lines to our base in the modern day. We defeat them using our Assassin abilities learned from our ancestor and proceed to reconnect. But something stops us and we hit a dead end. We decide to synch with another ancestor who lived during that time period to hopefully reboot the Animus to function. Now we play as the Templar and encounter the Assassin and we're shocked. Apparently they are both our ancestors, one patrilinearly, the other matrilinearly.

    We do not know whether any of these guys found the artifact or not, so we switch back and forth to gather clues so we can find it quicker. We play through the lives of both a Templar and an Assassin, improve their skills and make them powerful with better gear and so on and so forth. Until finally, they both uncover the Isu vault. They meet there. First, we play as the Assassin and enter the vault. The Templar ambushes us and a boss battle begins. Remember all our upgrades. Now we get to face the character we created. A third of the battle is done and we switch over as the Animus becomes totally unresponsive. We fight the Assassin and agaim face the characrer of our making. Finally, as the Assassin, the epic battle comes to a close as both stab each other to death [ they already had their own kids before]. All through this battle, glimpses of surveillance noise creeps into the Animus audio from the modern day. Abstergo are nearing our base. As the fight climaxes, and their bodies lay dead with the artefact between them on the floor. It glows up and reveals a message from an Isu. It knew we would search for this. It led us there so we would know how futile this war was. We saw both sides, fought for both sides, cared for both sides and killed for both sides and died for both sides. Now, with our knowledge ans abilities, we had to end this struggle finally. We get up, Abstergo is here. We stare at them. Hidden Blase pops out. The End.

    submitted by /u/SafarulRasheed
    [link] [comments]

    Found this old picture that I made when I was like 15 years old or so. Hope y'all like it.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 02:27 PM PDT

    Is Valhalla going to have anything like the cultist system from odyssey?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:13 PM PDT

    I sure hope it does I really enjoyed the cultist system. Maybe for Valhalla something like hunting down Anglo Saxon lords or generals.

    submitted by /u/cody2209
    [link] [comments]

    Who's your favorite assassin throughout the series and why?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 10:36 AM PDT

    Just wondering.

    I've played through all the games, except for the Sparta one.

    My favorite is Shay Cormac, he was a very we written character whose motivations are very realistic to me. He become delusional with the Creed (specially Achilles's branch), was shot by his best friend and felt broken and betrayed. It was only logical to me that he went to the Templars. Specially after getting in touch with Haytham, who is super charismatic.

    submitted by /u/ApothiconDesire
    [link] [comments]

    AC Odyssey: What's the point of leveling up in this game?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 03:11 AM PDT

    I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey, it's a really fun game and I enjoy it but this question's been in my mind; what's the point of leveling up if the enemies level up too?

    Maybe it's just me, but it seems pointless if every time you get stronger so do your opponents. It's like wishing a genie will make you 3 feet taller so that you can play basketball but with one catch... everyone else grows 3 feet too!

    I like games where you can go back to an early part of the map later and demolish everyone there (think going back to Pallet Town in Pokémon with level 50 Pokémon) the game robs you of that. I know I can't be alone in this. I mean you're already outnumbered and the opponents (even the most basic ones) are way stronger then you... let us have some fun.

    I think Skyrim is like that too iirc.

    submitted by /u/_forum_mod
    [link] [comments]

    Why they cut this badass line from AC Revelations?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 06:31 AM PDT

    Leandros: Why will you not surrender?
    Ezio: I never learned how

    It is on the trailer, but not in the game. Strange.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skWGjgoERtw 0:54

    submitted by /u/MysticalPS
    [link] [comments]

    Did Altaïr see a vision of 9/11? Codex Page 17

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 01:21 AM PDT

    "Of all the things I've seen, none troubles me more than the image of the flames ... Pillars so tall they seemed to pierce the heavens. The ground rumbled and shuddered. Mountains split and crack. "GREAT METAL TOWERS SPLINTERED, THEIR INNARDS STREWN ABOUT THE GROUND... AND EVERYWHERE THERE WAS SCREAMING. A CHROUS SO TERRIBLE THAT EVEN NOW I FEEL ITS ECHOES STILL."

    One of the features of the Apple was to be able to peak into the future. Pretty trippy.

    submitted by /u/wabashop
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment