• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 26, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Got my second tattoo today! I’m in love with it! It has a lot of meaning to me!

    Assassin's Creed Got my second tattoo today! I’m in love with it! It has a lot of meaning to me!


    Got my second tattoo today! I’m in love with it! It has a lot of meaning to me!

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    'You couldn't kill me if you tried for a hundred times' (AC: Valhalla Poster made by FortesVs)

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 04:39 AM PDT

    Assassin's Creed Origins is the best AC and one of the best games I've ever played

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 09:32 PM PDT

    I was so disappointed with where they were going with the franchise when the first Origins gameplay showed up. I was like "this is not AC", "Fuck this game". But then I bought it and oh man, what a ride it was. Egypt was breathtaking to explore, it felt dense, alive and detailed and it's probably my favourite open world after RDR2's one. The story was engaging, it showed the beggining of the brotherhood and it had some really powerful scenes. Bayek turned out to be my favourite Assassin (Abubakar Salim's performance is amazing) and one of my favourite characters of all time. I have to be honest, even tho I was an AC purist I dont think I would be able to enjoy another game in the franchise with that same old formula. The combat in Origins didn't feel realistic because it was a more hitbox-based combat yet it felt really enjoyable to play. Stealth was more simplified but it worked and I played the majority of the game that way tbh. Exploration is the best the series has ever been, sliding down the pyramids were awesome and the tombs were fun to explore. Oh and the DLCs, they are probably my favourite DLCs in gaming history since The Witcher 3's Blood and Wine. Revelations was my favourite game in the franchise but after playing through Origins im pretty sure it isn't anymore hahaha. I just wish we had a Bayek sequel, it was a character that had the potential for a trilogy, like Ezio did, but heh, I dont think Ubisoft will ever do character sequels again, they missed that opportunity with Edward too. Valhalla seems great tho and will probably be one of my favourite entries. They really seem to be trying to win us fans back after the disgrace that Odyssey was (still a fun game tho 7/10). The world in Valhalla feels alive and immersive with tons of different activities to do and with a more dynamic exploration (no more question-marks), kind of like RDR2. Besides, they are giving us the freedom to fish which is an insta buy for me.

    submitted by /u/mikefaisca2
    [link] [comments]

    Here's a Valhalla poster I tried to make, hope you like it!

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 02:32 PM PDT

    NEW STORY: "Markos: Business as Usual"

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 05:57 PM PDT

    Hello everyone!

    I recently just published my first Story Creator story! It's called "Markos: Business as Usual" it follows Markos and his journey to grow his vineyard into a Greek-worldwide phenomenon but as usual, there are plenty of bumps in the road and twists for the Eagle Bearer and friends. I really hope some of you decide to add it to your story logs and give it a try. I've put about 2 months into it and it would really mean a lot if you even considered it. If you do play it, please tell me what you thought about it and what I could possibly improve on for my next story. Thanks!

    EDIT: I just had a friend do a clean play test to find any bugs that I may have missed... he found quite a few that could be critical. I am pulling the game for a few days to patch it up. I want anyone who plays it to have a clean and enjoyable experience. Thanks for your patience!

    submitted by /u/VitaminAlpha
    [link] [comments]

    Fanmade AC Odyssey poster for thy eyes :)

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 01:42 PM PDT

    AC:Odyssey is beautiful but the cities feel dead to me

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 08:17 AM PDT

    That is probably what is keeping me from really getting into the game. It's beautiful I remember finding a little cove and battling it out with a shark to get a really cool spear at the bottom of the cove being one of my favorite moments in this game. But whenever I go to the cities there's like 4 people I can interact with. I wish there was some type of card mini game or something more to do in towns. Am I missing something I want to enjoy this game more. Even hunting isn't that much fun. If anyone can change my perspective on this game I welcome it I want to like this game.

    submitted by /u/iblewkatieholmes
    [link] [comments]

    I booted up Odyssey again and holy crap the merc system

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 10:30 PM PDT

    I forgot how annoying it was to be fighting and have 3 Mercs come up and triple team you. Their detective skills are so annoying too, like I'm hiding in a bush and they walk up to the exact bush I'm hiding in.

    submitted by /u/_GR8HAIR_
    [link] [comments]

    my Assassin’s Creed: Wild West theme (just short main menu music)

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    I made a remix of a shanty on black flag! Hope y'all like it

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 09:46 AM PDT

    What am I supposed to do in Assassins Creed 1 combat?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 05:20 PM PDT

    I just got into the franchise, starting with AC1. I love everything about this game, except for combat (I don't hate it, I am just pissed about the fact that I can't get it to work). Can someone tell me how can I win fights with more than one enemy? As soon as I lock onto one, the other one stabs me from behind. And Altaïr doesn't seem to do anything about it. Am I supposed to be in high or low profile when in combat/trying to counter them? Can I counter them and do an instant kill? Is there a skill I haven't unlocked yet? I am in 2nd memory block currently, scouting view points in the Kingdom. Any help would be appreciated. EDIT: I have rewatched the part if the memory block 2 where Al Mulaim was demoting Altaïr and some of the lost abilities are dodge and counter kills, is this the reason why I am struggling?

    submitted by /u/AndyToskovic
    [link] [comments]

    New Valhalla Sea Shanty with Lyrics

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 08:40 AM PDT

    Assassin's Creed 2021 Setting Leak

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 12:15 AM PDT

    New 4chan post shared a screenshot and a little information

    • Black Plague France is the setting
    • Releasing 2021
    • Will be cross gen
    submitted by /u/assassafan2020
    [link] [comments]

    Hidden Blade instakill - Valhalla

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 12:35 PM PDT

    I played only one session of Odyssey before never booting it up again. It was the first AC I'd played since Black Flag. I hated how they changed the fighting system, but was willing to try to deal with it, until I got to the first "boss" and couldn't stealth kill him.

    To me this is the entire point of the AC franchise - the choice to cut through everyone, or be rewarded by stealth and instakilling anyone you managed to sneak up on.

    I was mourning never playing a new AC title again because I hated this so much, but I'm very glad to see Valhalla will have a hidden blade instakill on any target, which is enough for me to give it a shot. I just don't get why they ever got rid of the single most defining trait of the series in the first place.

    submitted by /u/-Gurgi-
    [link] [comments]

    What the heck happened in the side quest Lights Among the Dunes in AC Origins?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    Many questions.

    I remember it being the Apple of Eden that creates illusions. Was it that or something? What happened to that guy that told him to look for the camel? What the heck just happened to all those people ritualing that beam of light coming from the ground, and how did fires just spread everywhere? What we're those soldiers that looked like Isu-Precusor soldiers?

    submitted by /u/Lunny1767
    [link] [comments]

    Whats with the fucking bugs in AC III?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    I am not usually one who complains about bugs (had barely any issues w/ Unity) but Jesus Christ I had like at least 30 bugs in like a 90 min session some are quest/combat breaking, other examples are cutscenes still playing the ambient soundtrack or just generally messy bad anims. I am playing the remasteres version btw.

    submitted by /u/1BMWe92M3
    [link] [comments]

    Can you wield one, one-handed weapon in ValHalla?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 04:00 PM PDT

    Hey guys, something I don't think I've seen.

    So Ubi has talked up the dual wielding in AC: Valhalla, but I was wondering, can you have just like...a single-handed ax equipped and then nothing in the other hand?

    submitted by /u/DragonHeartXXII
    [link] [comments]

    I Finished Odyssey and going to AC 3 remastered was probably a bad idea

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    Okay so first of all, Im pretty sure Remastered version made the characters look like they were from a GTA San andreas graphics compared to before it was remastered...

    Aside from that I kinda rushed the main story on AC3 just finishing Odyssey... I loved the lore and the story but finishing the game felt incomplete... The map was just fcked up or rather I didnt got used to it because Odyssey's map was detailed.. I think it felt incomplete because I didnt do the homestead missions and so and just went through the main quest.. It felt like I didnt need to, despite of being aware of achilles' death...

    I kinda just felt like the pacing was just rushed even tho the story was meaningful.. From connor's childhood where they just put 1 scene and straight up "six months later" and stuff.. or rather, it kinda felt like Connor's story is more like a beginning, and not a full story.. Idk, or did I just expect high because my standards were as ac odyssey's.. I wonder what's your guys take on this because alot of you have AC 3 as their favorite game.. Just kinda felt it was rushed or shoehorned, or is it because I just rushed the main quest, its like theres more to Connor's greatness than just being a strong kid... It just felt dull tbh compared to the other AC games I played, and now Im on my way to the DLC, or should I just go on to AC Rogue😂

    submitted by /u/Ketriro
    [link] [comments]

    Imagine if ac bf or rogue could be remade in today’s engines

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    Imagine if, they had been able to make black flag or even rogue in today's tech or engines. I'm finishing up collectibles in both and comparing styles and I can see they were playing with their options vs what they can do with modern day. I would spend a full 60 on a remaster if either with more locations and better city structure over Valhalla

    submitted by /u/milomilo42
    [link] [comments]

    I think I know how to fix the assassin's creed movie's three openings.

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 12:00 PM PDT

    First, open the movie with the adult Cal in prison opening.

    Second, use Aguiler opening when Cal first goes into the animus. ( because the cutting off one's ring fingers is traumatic and would help explain why he doesn't synchronize well with his ancestor)

    Finally, change the child Cal's opening to suppressed memories brought forward by his time in the animus and his interaction with the young girl ( from the scenes they cut out of the movie, she then could be the spark for both young Cal and Aguiler's memories in Adult Cal.

    What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/Ghostjedi1
    [link] [comments]

    Ezio Auditore vs El Tiburon (AC4)

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 12:37 PM PDT

    Ezio Auditore is in his prime and is equipped with Master Assasins armor from AC:R along with Yusuf's sword. But he does not have his crossbow or guns.

    El Tiburon is armed with his standard armor and weapon but no pistols.

    Who Wins?

    submitted by /u/FijianTrotter
    [link] [comments]

    The Clash of the Buddhist Empires - Mildly Obscure Setting Discussions

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 04:38 AM PDT

    A common trait Assassin's Creed groups have is the constant theorizing about future settings, because historical tourism is one of the best parts of the series. Many fans want pretty cliche settings such as the American Civil War and Wild West, World War 2, Ancient Rome, and Feudal Japan. Most of these popular settings will be discussed in my series on commonly suggested settings. The common thread between all settings in this series of posts is that they have not appeared on a Ubisoft poll or survey that can be easily found (China, Japan, Rome), they are not overly requested settings by the fanbase (see wild west and world war 2), and they all are relatively known enough to be marketable to a broad base. In each of these posts, I'll be discussing map areas, cities, architecture, culture, wars, historical events, historical characters, broad conjecture on how AC could work with this, and any existing lore in this area.

    Modern mainland South East Asia is comprised of Myanmar, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam; but 900 years ago all this land was split between 3 empires: The Pagans, the Khmer, and the Dai Viet. The southern part of the region was dominated by the Funan Empire around 100ce, while the northern part was dominated by the new Chinese dynasties. Champa was the first part of the Chinese dynasties to break away in what is now southern Vietnam. As the Funan Empire crumbled it was replaced by the Khmer in modern-day Cambodia. Modern-day Thailand became the Lavo Kingdom by around 450ce but just 300 years later began being invaded by the Tais who were fleeing the border of what is now Laos and China due to failed wars with China. During the invasion of the Tais, the Dai Viet broke away from China and the Khmer began growing and expanding their influence to become an empire. The Lavo were turned into a vassal, by marriage to Khmer Kings and the Pagans began to form a standing army to fight against the Khmer. Both Empires greatly desired the Lavo Kingdom due to it controlling the Malay Peninsula which was a major hub for trade both to India and the Majapahit (this peninsula and Vietnam were critical for trade with the Malaysian kingdoms as they were the trading hub that spanned across Malaysia, India, Africa, Micronesia, Melanesia, Polynesia, and into the Americas). Now around 1000ce, the Khmer began wars with Champa and the Dai Viet on and off, conquering modern-day Laos, but failing to take Vietnam.

    With this setting we have 3 empires squaring off for dominance and trading abilities, warring with each other for hundreds of years. Bringing me to the desired setting: The Reign of Jayavarman VII. He became emperor of the Khmer in 1181 and ruled until 1218. He brought the Khmer to victory against the Champa in 1191 (the same year as AC1) and took another 12 years to fully conquer it. During this time he expanded his reign through more of modern-day Laos and fought against the Dai Viet. Early in his reign he quelled a rebellion in the north, and was one of the few Buddhist Kings (where most were Hindu), built hospitals, schools, and roads, also creating asylum for refugees, a contrast to his successful wars.

    On the other side was the Pagan Empire. They had successfully invaded Lavo and taken part of it and the Malay Peninsula in 1150. Narapatisithu became king in 1174 and in many ways was a rival to Jayavarman VII. Both are remembered as being the greatest of the kings for their respective countries, and ruled at the same time, both Buddhists, and both competing for the same land. While many contemporary sources claimed Narapatisithu was peaceful, Chinese sources indicate much warring between the Empires. Early in his reign, Jayavarman VII would invade Lavo to reclaim the land and end it being a vassal and instead a full member of the Empire. He would retake the Malay peninsula and then invade the Pagan Empire proper, conquering the city of Pegu in 1195. During this invasion, Narapatisithu would form the Royal Palace Guards to protect him and his palace, but would eventually make up the nucleus of the Burmese army. It's not clear why the invasion stopped at Pegu, but an easy answer would be military might of the Pagans or maybe assassination of a Templar pulling the strings?

    Assassin's Creed has next to no real lore on this region, and the lack of historical sources make the period ripe for Ubisoft's creativity while working within the confines of the military expansion of the empires. What we do know is that in the town of Saigon (now Ho Chi Ming City) has a vault or a PoE tied to it and Saigon belonged to Champa. Perhaps the reason for the invasions was to gain access to the PoE which was used to subdue the Pagan Empire a few years later?

    This region is also filled with beautiful landscapes from the Pagan Plains to the dense jungles, steep mountains, river valleys, terraced hills, and jagged shores. Within these are beautiful cities and architecture from the Cambodian Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, and Ta Phrom, to Pegu, Bagan, Nakhon Pathom, Vijaya, Vientiane, Chaiya, and Hanoi. Large stone towers perfect for climbing, and dense city centers would make for fantastic parkour and with the capital of the Khmer Empire, Angkor Wat, housing over 1 million people, social stealth would be no issue.

    submitted by /u/nstav13
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Eivor's Genealogy

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 09:10 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment