• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 9, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Assassin's Creed set in British Colonial India?? *Note: this is my personal art and in no way done for Ubisoft. You can check out more stuff here: https://www.artstation.com/agrawalaj

    Assassin's Creed Assassin's Creed set in British Colonial India?? *Note: this is my personal art and in no way done for Ubisoft. You can check out more stuff here: https://www.artstation.com/agrawalaj


    Assassin's Creed set in British Colonial India?? *Note: this is my personal art and in no way done for Ubisoft. You can check out more stuff here: https://www.artstation.com/agrawalaj

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 05:50 PM PDT

    Auto-climbing and no fall damage in AC take away feeling of being at high point

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 04:33 AM PDT

    In older games, you have to make an effort to climb higher buildings and you have to be careful not to fall. Now I feel like I'm playing with Spiderman and I don't care where I am, it's so unrealistic. Fall damage should be option at least, if someone doesn't want to take damage, he could activate option. They really should return the old way.

    submitted by /u/oaleebih
    [link] [comments]

    Goodbye revolutionary guards (fanart)

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    Well I've done it, I've played through and beaten every Assassin's Creed Game.

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 04:03 PM PDT

    So for this pandemic I decided that I was going to play through every Assassin's Creed back to back to back to back from the first, through Odyssey. It took way longer than I thought it would, and I got distracted a few times when stuff got crazy boring and way too long winded (odyssey) and I needed something else to help my brain be happy.

    But I'm finally done!! And I must say, it was all in all a pretty fun experience. I definitely have favorites and least favorites, I feel like I could have done without Liberation and Rogue, and, as much as I loved the inclusion of a woman of color and an irish dude as the main characters, they felt like they were halfway games, waiting for the next real one. I don't know if that was everyone's experience or just mine.

    My favorites surprised me a lot, with Black Flag, Origins, and Unity holding the top three for me. I always expected that 1 and Brotherhood would always be my go to for Assassin's Creed, but with the size of the world, the animations and dialogue, and better facial animations, these three really just stood out for me so much.

    I'm notably not including Odyssey in my top list, because Jesus that game was restrictive. I never felt more gate-kept by a videogame before. It was frustrating, especially the constant advice to "just buy the xp boost" to keep having fun. Microtrasactions should never be required to enjoy the main story of a videogame, that's what you're buying that actual game for. But this isn't a post about my feelings toward the gaming industry, it's about AC specifically, and there is still just so much to enjoy throughout.

    Desmond's story, Ezio's, Altair's, Edward's, my gosh the whole Isu race and their achievement's. There is so much more spread throughout hundreds of hours of gameplay, it really was fantastic to play through each one. I'm very happy I did this, and I'm definitely going to go back to a key few and 100 percent them, because they are so much fun.

    submitted by /u/JackOfAII
    [link] [comments]

    Story about Evie and Jacob’s deaths generated by AI

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 10:45 PM PDT

    Evie Frye and Jacob Frye were twin assassins who operated in Victorian London. They liberated London from the hold of the templars and brought an era of justice and righteousness to the city.


    The pair were both killed by a mysterious assassin, but their deaths had been long planned for.

    The Assassin's Guild has always known that the Fryes would be targeted and it was only a matter of time before they met their demise. Their bodies have never been found, however, so there is no way to know if they are dead or alive. You will need to find out what happened to them yourself.

    You begin your journey through the sewers where you find several corpses lying on the ground. One of these is Evie Frye who appears to have been murdered with a silver stake to her heart. Another corpse lies nearby that looks like Jacob Frye, though his face has been partially disfigured and he has some sort of strange device strapped around his head.

    As you continue down into the sewers, you come across another body which appears to belong to an Assassin. It is a woman dressed in black clothing who seems to have been tortured beyond recognition. Her hands and feet are bound together behind her back and she has a silver dagger driven into her throat. She also wears some kind of ring on her left hand.

    This woman's name is Mary Read and she was part of the Black Hooks, an organization dedicated to eliminating Templars in London during the early years of the Industrial Revolution. You were never a member of the Black Hooks, but you do recognize the symbol of the Jolly Roger which they proudly wore on their sleeves.

    You continue to explore the sewers and find more corpses along the way. One of these appears to be the body of Ian Greusself, a former member of the London Brotherhood. He was one of the most promising recruits during your time in the Guild, but he disappeared without warning about twenty years ago.

    At this point, you're very confused. All of these people are dead, but at different times. It would appear that whoever is doing this has already committed several murders in the past in an attempt to erase the Frye family from history. They have already killed Ian and Mary and now they've killed Evie and Jacob. Who knows who they will kill next?

    It is your responsibility to find out who is behind these crimes and put a stop to them before anymore lives are lost.

    You rush out of the sewers and begin searching for clues. It does not take long before you notice something written in blood just outside the entrance.

    Wake up, Mr. Frye. The hunt is about to begin...

    Mr. Black

    You have a feeling that you are going to need allies for this task and the only person you can think of is a former assassin by the name of Olgretien.


    The first paragraph was provided by me as a prompt. The rest of the text was entirely generated by AI Dungeon which uses artificial intelligence to create unlimited text.

    P.S. It took several rounds of trial and backtracking before I reached a text that made sense!

    submitted by /u/homohierarchicus
    [link] [comments]

    What’s up with all the AC Odyssey hate? I’m a casual fan and i’m really enjoying this game maybe even more so than the others before it.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 12:49 AM PDT

    I'm a casual fan and i'm really enjoying this game, maybe even more so than the others before it. What is the common consensus reasoning for people not liking this game?

    submitted by /u/bigosc1
    [link] [comments]

    Having fun with Odyssey 12 hours in, but I feel it's starting to get repetitive... does the core gameplay ever evolve?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    Hi all! This is my first AC game. I'm enjoying the world and gameplay quite a bit, and I've just finished taking down the Wolf and have done a few more sidequests in Phokis.

    I'm focusing on an assassin build and playstyle, and have been noticing all quests seem to follow a pretty similar formula:

    1. Find enemy hideout
    2. Send Ikaros to scout enemy locations
    3. Study movement patterns from up high and assassinate enemies without being seen
    4. Run away if seen
    5. Repeat until all enemies are dead, loot treasure.

    I think this core loop is quite fun, but over 40+ hours I can definitely see it getting old. For those of you who have finished the game, is there anything that shakes up/enhances the formula down the line? Or am I just being too hard to please here?

    submitted by /u/Loose_Ostrich
    [link] [comments]

    How does the open world animus work?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 02:40 PM PDT

    I get most of how it works but I don't get the open world bit. Here are some things that I don't get;

    Who's to say Ezio bought a sword before or after he went to Venice? Wouldn't Desmond be changing the past because Ezio could have bought it earlier or later?

    Wouldn't you also be changing the past if you got Altair's armour before finishing the story, because you can get it after or before.

    If I bought a painting before killing vieri, how do you know Ezio bought the painting then or if he bought it after?

    Wouldn't Ezio also be going to places he has never been when climbing?

    Sorry if this has been asked before it just really confuses me because can't you technically change the past if you buy a sword in 1981 but you can also buy it in 1985

    submitted by /u/BlueMagma212
    [link] [comments]

    Truly the best assassin of all time and probably my favorite video game character ever

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 03:57 PM PDT

    Why is the combat in Origins so difficult?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 08:47 PM PDT

    I've been playing Origins for a few days, and the combat is quite strange. I can never successfully parry an attack or dispatch an enemy cleanly, and I end up losing most fights I pick. I'm not sure if I can really get into this game with the odd combat mechanics, unnaturally high sensitivity and quit, low quality, compressed sound. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/mozziemofo
    [link] [comments]

    The Northern Traveler set is a death sentence for any enemy unlucky enough to try and fight you

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 12:18 AM PDT

    It's so OP and I love it. The axe is a great way to kill enemies quickly, and if you get caught while trying to sneak around, or are just looking for a fight, then you're likely going to end up wiping out an entire army. It's especially funny with the Spartans. They're supposed to be these elite warriors, then get murdered by a random mercenary with a giant axe and weird looking helmet.

    submitted by /u/NotASalamanderBoi
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't I paralyze mercs when using a bow that converts damage to fire or poison damage ?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 09:31 PM PDT

    I've been playing the game for some time and I've noticed that if you want to knock out a merc who is at very low health, all bows aren't up to the task. Take Hades' Bow for instance. It converts all damage to fire damage. That's great for whittling down enemy health while keeping a safe distance. But once the merc's health reaches the point where you can one shot them, you shift to paralyzing arrows, take aim, fire......and they're dead. I know because the "defeated" announcement appears when I loot them.

    As I understand, fire doesn't stack with the Paralyzing effect ? Or does it ? Because the moment I shift to a bow that doesn't convert damage to fire/poison I can efficiently knock out enemies and recruit them.

    As of now I'm using Hades and normal arrows till the end of the fight. Then when the merc is running on empty, I change both the bow (to a lower power one I wouldn't otherwise use) and the arrow type from my inventory and knock them out. Then shift back to Hades and normal arrows and take on other enemies.

    I just wanted to know if I'm doing something dumb or is this how it's supposed be ?

    submitted by /u/Anarchinine
    [link] [comments]

    What's your ranking for the Assassin's Creed games from easiest to hardest in terms of the optional objectives/full sync objectives?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 09:23 PM PDT

    By the way I don't mean the difficulty from the games themselves, I'm talking about the difficulty from the optional objectives/full sync objectives themselves. I just started Brotherhood and I'm hoping they will grow on me.

    submitted by /u/captaincj2005
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think about the historical accuracy in the Assassins Creed franchise?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 03:52 PM PDT

    I think they have done a great job combining historical, authentic settings and accuracy with the lore of the franchise. The way they combine the whole templar/assassin conspiracy and the Isu does make sense and can be combined with actual history. Obviously not every detail is accurate but for such a large franchise, they are doing pretty good. Historical figures die in the games where and when they actually died in real life and lived where they lived in real life. And they don't do crazy stuff like having Aristoteles in Odyssey or Ramses in Origins, even tho they could have done it. It is also nice to see how they implement "myths" or "legends" in the game like the way Blackbeard died. What do you think how Ubisoft is handling historical accuracy?

    submitted by /u/niceemperor1
    [link] [comments]

    Best archery mechanics in recent games?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 10:12 PM PDT

    I am aware the most recent games very similar in terms of mechanics but I'm wondering which I should get for more archery/stealth.

    submitted by /u/Pankake99
    [link] [comments]

    What's next for AC? New Formula Perhaps?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 09:44 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I know this probably gets asked A lot, but I'm just curious to hear your theories.

    Do you think games after Valhalla, Will continue having the RPG elements? Or still Focus on mythologies?

    I kinda Hope, that they change the Formula a bit. I like alot of the RPG elements but some of it, are a bit too much imo.

    Perhaps they'll use the system from watch dogs legion, and recruit npcs to Your creed.

    What do You guys Think?😁

    submitted by /u/TheNikoHero
    [link] [comments]

    New Northern Traveller set is out in Odyssey and it's perfect for conquest battles

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 04:34 AM PDT

    It's available for free from Ubisoft club

    It's an interesting set since it actually has more engravings than the other legendary sets, making it pretty overpowered before considering the amazing set bonus engraving

    With every kill you get -50% cooldown for battlecry of ares

    This means the set makes you functionally immortal as you cannot die while battlecry is active and when it's inactive you just need to get 2 kills before you can get it up again

    Its especially great in conquest battles when you're surrounded by squishier enemies you can kill quickly between battlecrys

    This cooldown reduction also applies to the Fate of Atlantis variant of battlecry where the eagle bearer summons a spear of exploding light, which is an incredible crowd control ability for conquest battles

    submitted by /u/oceanking
    [link] [comments]

    Are the Desmond memories worth finishing in AC: Rev?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 12:49 AM PDT

    The only reason I ask here is because I really dont want to google and risk spoiling things from recommended videos or articles.

    They are irritating the shit out of me. It's not fun. It's not even really a puzzle. It's a weird time and click coordinating thing with stupidly complex moving parts and 90% of the falls are from not being able to see how far you've gone and you can't reach the ledge.

    Is it worth doing? I'm on 3. Should I just watch a YouTube compilation? What do you get at the end?

    submitted by /u/juststupid8970
    [link] [comments]

    [Odyssey] What does +8% Fire Damage mean?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    If a weapon has +8% Fire damage or +6% Poison damage, does that mean they cause additional damage each hit? Or do they add damage to you can deal with poison/fire?

    submitted by /u/FirstmateJibbs
    [link] [comments]

    Which hidden blade is the best in looks and usefulness?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 06:32 AM PDT

    I really like the grappling hook hidden blade, hidden gun and the phantom blade for usfulness but for looks I have to go for the pivot hidden blade and Edwards hidden blades. The reason that the pivot blade isnt in usefulness is because I dont want to stab someone and the blade just pivots that would suck.

    submitted by /u/Eh_Meh_Smeh
    [link] [comments]

    Can you get assassin killer outfit on switch??

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 04:05 PM PDT

    I've played switch on console but I just bought a Nintendo switch and was wondering if you can get the assassin killer outfit on switch

    submitted by /u/thatonesamurai123
    [link] [comments]

    I think I know why we haven't gotten a game set in Asia yet, despite the popularity.

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    As always when I visit the sub, I see lots of comments about the fans wanting to have a game set in Asia. It seems two of the most popular locations that always get mentioned whenever someone asks where the next game should be, are China and Japan.

    And I agree! I'd love to see it, and I want crisp and exciting combat animations that incorporate martial arts.

    However.

    I have a hypothesis that we probably won't see such a game for a long time. The reason isn't lore-based, it's much more meta than that.

    Simply put, a game set in Asia is going to be hugely popular. It's going to kill if done right, and Ubisoft knows it's going to kill.

    I think they're holding back on it because of that. They're waiting until interest in the franchise starts to flag and then they're going to throw this at us with the aim of revitalizing that interest. It's their ace in the hole and honestly, as impatient as I am for such a game, if this really is what they're doing, I have to appreciate the strategy.

    And for those concerned that Origins and Odyssey are going to be the norm from now on, I wouldn't worry too much. Almost every long running game franchise goes through multiple gameplay and thematic changes. Mario, Zelda and Final Fantasy are all examples of games that have done this multiple times. Final Fantasy gets their gameplay mechanics changed almost as often as my toddler's diapers do. Point is, just because the style has changed doesn't mean they can't change back. And they will probably switch back to more stealth again when that Asia game finally hits us.

    submitted by /u/NotAllThere_67
    [link] [comments]

    Is this why Ezio and Altair look just like Desmond?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 11:17 AM PDT

    I finally got the chance to play Black Flag and I am so interested in Sage's story. I haven't played newer games yet, I will shortly. Sage is basically Aita, he is being reborn over and over again. He looks the same or very similar each time he comes back to life. The reason Desmond had such a great sixth sense is because he holds much of an Isu (??) DNA. Is it possible that Ezio, Desmond and Altair are like Sage, one spirit, person, but do not realize or remember it as they should because they are part human?? Is this how animus works? Or is there something I am supposed to learn later in the series? Let me know!

    submitted by /u/alinisa1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment