• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 18, 2020

    Assassin's Creed I wonder if the Kenway Mansion will show up in Watch Dogs Legion

    Assassin's Creed I wonder if the Kenway Mansion will show up in Watch Dogs Legion


    I wonder if the Kenway Mansion will show up in Watch Dogs Legion

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 07:25 PM PDT

    Ubisoft loves making these random Easter eggs between the two universes. Being able to go to the Kenway Mansion would seem like an easy implement.

    submitted by /u/leftisthominid
    [link] [comments]

    I am not a fan of the dialogue options

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    In the older games cutscenes were so smooth with characters interacting, walking around each other, etc.. things that made the conversations seem natural, like a professional actor was getting to play that digital character.

    Now we have two talking heads that cycle through poses and every time someone says something to me there is an unnaturally long pause while I read what the response options are.

    I much preferred the dialogue cutscenes from Syndicate and earlier.

    submitted by /u/eberkain
    [link] [comments]

    Just noticed this ability in Boomstick's combat breakdown video, seems like it could add a lot more options to combat

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    My fresh Assassins tattoo, just in time for Valhalla

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 10:00 AM PDT

    AC Valhalla map Vs Origins Vs Odyssey side by side size comparison

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    Game director Benoit Richer comfirms that character and face animations will be improved until release

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    I found some german articles about that topic and to sum it up, he confirmed that character animations and face animations will be reworked and improved until release.
    Sources for german speakers:

    https://www.play3.de/2020/07/17/assassins-creed-valhalla-animationen-und-gesichter-werden-noch-optimiert-verspricht-ubisoft/

    https://game7.de/assassins-creed-valhalla/news/gesichtsanimationen-verbessert-jrjg/

    Twitter comment: https://twitter.com/leonard32347557/status/1283923103920398341

    submitted by /u/MYNAMEISHENDRIK
    [link] [comments]

    So I just draw Ezio and Sofia in her bookstore at Istanbul. I hope you like it. They are the best couple ever (after Ezio and Cristina, of course).

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 11:09 AM PDT

    God, I´m digging this franchise

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    I´m currently playing this franchise for the first time, which is the reason why I´m not joining this sub for now. (Spoilers and so on)

    Yesterday, I finished Assassin´s Creed II, a long, long game, where the soundtrack alone gives you goosebumps.

    The characters and the story where great too, the final bosses´ last stage gifted me a good laugh, it was phenomenal.

    Now I´m on Brotherhood, which I started right after closing ACII and so far, it´s a great evolution from AC II in terms of gameplay and graphics.

    I mean, you have to fight for your viewpoints and do stuff for your gear, how cool is that?

    And everytime, you ignite a tower, the game starts Dark Souls-like music.

    Never was destroying the Borgias more fun.

    Only downside: Ezio´s adventures don´t seem to be made for PC or at least current rigs, they´re dropping frames like crazy here and there.

    I heard that the story-quality can´t be hold throughout the franchise, but as long as I can climb, hide, kill and get rewarded, it´s fine, even in the later upcoming RPG-mode.

    Thanks to the assumed lengths of Origins and Odyssey, I won´t manage to be there for Valhalla, when it releases, but I will definetely play it as soon as the Odyssey-credits are rolling.

    submitted by /u/Phyliinx
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished my first playthrough of Unity

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 07:13 PM PDT

    Long time fan of the series, I've played each game (with Syndicate and Origins being the only two I haven't finished) and I've just completed my first playthrough of Unity, and I have to say that I absolutely loved it. I wouldn't go as far as to say that it's my favorite from the series, but it definitely stood out in a couple of ways that not many of the games in the series have. I have to say I am honestly surprised because of the bad publicity the entire internet had given this game since it's release, but it blew me away. I really enjoyed how the story was more contained into the time period of the protagonist and didn't need to shoehorn in the modern day stuff (aside from the rifts) or the Isu, and I was a big fan of the way they handled gear from a cosmetic viewpoint. What were some things you enjoyed about Unity?

    tl;dr Unity appreciation posts

    submitted by /u/nikapocalypse
    [link] [comments]

    The combat in Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla is looking like the best in the entire series, after that shaky first glimpse from the leaked footage.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 06:39 PM PDT

    There's so many options to choose from to fit your playstyle, so much depth. It seems like they took the best qualities of Origins' and Odyssey's combat and ditched the negatives.

    The dodging still looks a little weightless, but I'm glad they added a stamina meter, that's something that Assassin's Creed has been missing for years now.

    submitted by /u/ChivoYaBish
    [link] [comments]

    Proud of Welsh Edward Kenway

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    I'm replacing AC Black flag as I haven't played it for years. I totally forgot that Edward was Welsh and it just made me appreciate him even more again. As a Welsh born guy it's nice to see some representation and it makes me feel a lot more in touch with his character as it's not the generic English accent, (not that there's anything bad about that it's just nice to have a change and see the Welsh accent being shown off a little).

    submitted by /u/dudebro1243
    [link] [comments]

    My assassins creed tattoo. Hope it's okay to post here!

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 01:41 AM PDT

    One thing I don’t like in Origins and Odyssey Is that we run by default instead of walk.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 03:29 PM PDT

    In earlier games you needed to press an extra button to make them run, it adds in more weight to the movement. It felt more solid. Now it feels light and empty. Walking is also important for well timed and precise assassination. Toggling between walking and running confuses me a lot because there are other buttons like crouching and skills to use, I often forget if I'm in the walking or running state and it really messes up my gameplay. Also messes up parkour.

    submitted by /u/I-am-me-baby
    [link] [comments]

    How would you guys feel about camera distance options in Valhalla?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    I personally hate it when a camera is too far from the character in single player games, odyssey is the biggest one that sticks out to me. The camera is so far that the environment literally phases through if you turn the angle towards a building or tree. I dunno, I find a closer angle for games like this works better. Ghost of Tsushima's camera would look great in Valhalla but that game needs to let you choose too. What do you guys think? Should we get to choose the distance like GTA/Red Dead? Or should it be set, and if so how far away?

    submitted by /u/TheLittleGremlinMan
    [link] [comments]

    Do you (AC fans) think that AC is a repetitive franchise?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 05:24 PM PDT

    I personally don't. Sure, some games in the series resemble each other, but there is always something unique with each one, whether it be story and characters, setting and atmosphere, or gameplay.

    Also, the series as a whole couldn't be more different. Syndicate doesn't resemble Brotherhood in the slightest. Nor is Origins a copy of Black Flag. Each Era (I like to call the design variations "eras") does something new and different, something that hooks players in and immerses them in a fantastic game.

    All in all, I'm glad that AC decides to use a particular design style for some of its games, then creates a new one before the current becomes stale. It keeps things fun and fresh without under appreciating what made other games in the series great.

    Sorry if this comes off as venting, I just get worked-up sometimes when people trash my favourite game series without actually taking the time to understand it.

    submitted by /u/Gr1mTheReaper
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished AC Origins & Odyssey. So, why is Layla Hassan the worst? She seems deliberately written as being unlikable, what would that reasoning be you think?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 09:38 PM PDT

    I don't have to love every character, but the series is well written and making your protagonist so UNlikable seems weird. But as I mentioned, from her pretty selfish pursuit of power fairly early on in Origins to the straight-up murder of Victoria in Odyssey, the whole thing just seems deliberate but bizarre and takes me out of the narrative a bit. I have a bad feeling she'll go through some redemptive arc in Valhalla, but please no. I respect the Assassins Creed lore, but her nonsense just takes me out of the games at this point.

    submitted by /u/KenFromTexas
    [link] [comments]

    The writing inside the levantine insignia

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 08:20 PM PDT

    I couldn't post an image. It got removed. But you know what I'm talking about, the symmetrical square in the middle. I'm from Masyaf myself and I speak Arabic so I know for a fact it's an Arabic. I always read it as Ali and I couldn't read it as anything else. It finally clicked to me why Ali. We (nizari ismailis) always follow a specific person that leads us. Called the Imam. And in Islamic history and according to Ismaili teachings. The first Ismaili Imam is (Ali bin Abi Taleb). Muhammad's cousin. Which is most probably why the levantine insignia says Ali. He is the first Imam.

    submitted by /u/rami1702
    [link] [comments]

    Did Assassins canonically kill every guardsman they came across? Did it count as killing the innocent?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 09:43 PM PDT

    "Stay your blade from the flesh of the innocent". Most of the time we kill guards in Assassins Creed, because if they detect you, you get unwanted attention. Pretty damn obvious. But the quote I just mentioned, do Assassins canonically get penalized for killing guards? These guards could've been good people just doing their jobs, which is to protect a fort/alley/city. Some guards could've had families, but would never see them again because we just wanted to get an easier way throughout the fort.

    submitted by /u/JonHenryOfZimbabwe
    [link] [comments]

    I’m another one of those “first time playing through” people and need some honest advice

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 11:38 PM PDT

    So I bought Assassins Creed 1 wayyyyy back in the day and quit early on because I didn't like the Mechanics.

    Over the weekend PS Store had a sale of a bunch of AC games and I picked them all up. I started playing the Ezio collection starting with 2 and I'm honestly not digging it. It's not catching me. Maybe it's because it's an older game and newer titles have spoiled me.

    I want to play 3 (which I've heard is not well received) because I have a new found interest in the American Revolution (thanks Hamilton). But I fear it connects to much to the Desmond story.

    The Desmond Storyline just isn't my thing, but I can see why it's beloved. If I just skip ahead to Black Flag and continue on there, will I be alright?

    EDIT: Thanks for the advise thus so far. This seems like a very friendly community!

    submitted by /u/LuciferBeenieWeenie
    [link] [comments]

    What Id really like from Valhalla

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 07:50 PM PDT

    I would really like side story elements that branch off and add depth to eivor and the world, maybe similar to red dead redemption or the Arkham games, mostly narrative based.

    Examples below:

    •Eivor is getting information from a hunter about certain legendary animals that are hidden in the game, and if you snoop around enough you can discover that this man abuses his horses and then have the option of stealing them/killing him.

    •Eivor is taking bounties from a village leader/headmaster. When taking bounties from him you discover his recently bought slave and can have interactions with her, possibly even having the option of rescuing/romancing her.

    •Attacking settlements from other Viking clans can result in your settlement getting attacked, choosing to not kill certain enemies but killing their friends can result in them coming back and trying to seek revenge onto you

    Just a few things I'd really live inside of the game and examples, any from you guys?

    submitted by /u/JacksonCreed4425
    [link] [comments]

    “The Dreadful Crimes” DLC Was Fantastic

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 12:41 AM PDT

    I've been playing Syndicate for a few days now and really loving it, and today I went through all of the dreadful crimes investigations and it's probably the most fun I've had playing Assassin's Creed, I would love it if Ubisoft made a full game out of it.

    A couple of the mysteries didn't really make sense, specifically the guy who was killed five different ways (which was fucking nonsense, for one thing all five of those people at least attempted murder and should be punished for it; and for another Ashton really just kept going about his day? Checking in at the pub after being poisoned, buying an apple after being shot, continuing on after being poisoned a second time and then stabbed immediately after, and then still trying to just head home like nothing was wrong before having the crate dropped on him? Ridiculous.)

    But overall I loved it, I really hope Ubisoft does more with the concept at some point because the devs clearly have a talent for it. Side note, now I'm in the mood to play more murder mystery games, does anyone have any recommendations? Aside from L.A Noir that is, I've played it and didn't really care for it.

    submitted by /u/Logandh3
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on AC Valhalla re toxicity of AC community Discussion

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 05:00 AM PDT

    Hi guys! Please don't crucify me for what I say hahaha

    The toxicity present with some AC fans is so disheartening!
    The very definition and concept of an assassin is an individual (or individuals ie a group like Assassins) is a person who murders an important person for political or religious reasons.

    The idea of stealth mixing with the idea of being an assassin is if a target can't be overtly taken down then a more clandestine approach would need to be implemented. The AC universe is supposed to be fluid and versatile in its approach to you assassinating targets, some times it's neccessary to be subtle and covert and then sometimes it's not needed in the sense that you encounter your target on a battlefield or somewhere in public where being covert is impossible, both of these still as assassinations. What I'm trying to say is stealth and hidden weapons (Hidden blade) shouldn't define an assassination and nor should it define an Assassins Creed game, the goal is always to dismantle an enemy organization by any means necessary and by eliminating their agents.

    AC Origins and Odyssey were rich with incredible environments and scenarios where it was up to you to decide whether you wanted a covert approach or to simply walk into an enemy camp and slaughter everyone including your target, i don't see how that's a negative at all.

    I've played all entries for AC and have loved them flaws and all, I hate when people say "Its not an AC game if there's no hidden blade" because that is certainly not true. AC is defined by how YOU decide on taking down your targets and how YOU decide to navigate your environment to set up your assassination.

    submitted by /u/shehanrepo
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILERS] Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Animus Anomalies (Analysis and Impressions)

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 08:59 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment