• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 7, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Sculpting Eivor With Clay

    Assassin's Creed Sculpting Eivor With Clay


    Sculpting Eivor With Clay

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 03:13 PM PDT

    It feels kinda wrong killing guards (especially in origins)

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 06:30 AM PDT

    I'm sure most of them are innocent and there's Bayek the last supposed protector of Egypt killing random guards (who are just doing their duty) for a shitty weapon and a bunch of drachma. I didn't really think about this much, until I heard a guard talk about his family when I was about to kill him. What are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/realqwertycomics
    [link] [comments]

    So after beating Unity and it’s DLC Dead Kings and after thinking about it, Unity is not that good of a game

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 08:21 AM PDT

    Unpopular opinion, I know, but I keep seeing all of these post of people playing or replaying Unity coming to the conclusion that it's a great game. I'm sorry but I just don't see it.

    To start of with some positives: Graphics are indeed amazing. Paris is great in run around in. Animation quality is top-notch. Voice acting is the best in the series. Also best customization in the franchise. That's about it though.

    Everything else in this game is just not good. The gameplay for example is just not fun and it doesn't help that the controls are quite possibly the worst in the franchise. It's like this game focuses way too much on the animation that everything else suffers. I've already made a separate post talking about this though so I won't repeat myself. Also you can EASILY break the gameplay by just spamming smoke bombs. Also I hate how their idea of difficulty is removing features from previous games and having the A.I. spam the guns.

    Storywise this game is quite possibly the weakest story in the franchise. It starts off fantastic but after the Bastille Raid the story just takes a nose-dive into boring territory. None of the characters are interesting in this game, that includes the historical characters. Every single side characters in this game just come and go excluding Elise, and even then her character is underutilized as hell. This game is supposed to be a love story yet Elise barely does anything and doesn't show up for the majority of the story. Also what a waste of the French Revolution. It feels like this game expects you to have some sort of knowledge of half of what actually happened.

    Also do I have to mention the modern day? NOTHING HAPPENES IN THE MODERN DAY! Also that fucking ending. Holy Christ, what a giant fuck you to the player. What the fuck was the point of playing through the game with an ending like that?

    This game in general just left me with a feeling of being underwhelmed. When the credits started rolling O was just sitting there, looking at the screen, and saying to myself "well, that was indeed a game."

    All of these feelings also extend to the DLC "Dead Kings." Boring story, boring characters, underwhelming feeling at the end. The atmosphere was great though and I really like the new weapons.

    submitted by /u/UrCasGamer
    [link] [comments]

    I recently played both Origins and Odyssey till 100% sync. Time to review them.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    Backstory of my experience with Assassin's Creed franchise:

    My first AC game was AC III, back then i was like 10-11 years old and didn't understand much english or the story itself. Boi I was so bad I couldn't even manage to finish the game. After that I didn't even remember the existence of the franchise, until the Notre Dame fire happened. Ubisoft gave away a free copy of AC Unity, and I played it through. Luckily, I didn't encounter any bugs, and I loved the mechanics. The characters weren't really memorable though, and right now I honestly don't remember much about Unity.

    We skip to 2020, and Epic Games is now giving away AC Syndicate for free. I grabbed that as well and played it through. The gameplay was sure enjoyable, but the story was just lame and didn't leave me any thought of it. Like one month later, AC Origins and Odyssey were on a fine discount. At the same time I got a refund (12€) from a game and was like "Yeah I could buy Origins for 15€-12€ = 3 euros?! Yeah let's do it". At the same time I also decided to buy Odyssey. Now that I have played them both, it is time to give them a not-so-in-depth review. I just list some things and tell my opinion on them for both games.

    Assassin's creed: Origins

    The story was personal to the protagonist and touching, but it got a bit repetitive at some point. Even though my experiences with the story weren't the best, I gotta admit, Bayek is so far the best protagonist I have encountered (I haven't played Ezio games, YET). He had an actual personality and showed many emotions during the game.

    About side quests and characters... Of course, since now the franchise has turned into an RPG, there was a lot of side quests, and some side characters simply didn't have a soul. Although, Origins did it's side stuff better than Odyssey, more on that later.

    The map was much bigger than in previous games (Aside AC 4), but it wasn't too big. I didn't feel bored exploring the streets of Alexandria or oases of east Egypt. The detail level was impressive, although the world wasn't that colorful. But to be honest, the cold fact is, Egypt is mostly just desert.

    The gameplay was smooth for me. Especially the combat has definetly evolved. It wasn't superior, but easily better and more variable than in the older games. I enjoyed the fights, and there was enough challenge on Hard difficulty.

    Conclusion: The biggest cliche for me was the story, but don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad. Every other aspect was great, and I wouldn't change the story for a game about beginning of the Brotherhood. I got 100% sync in 65 hours, so it wasn't too much grind. Money well spent.

    9/10

    Assassin's creed: Odyssey

    CAUTION! PERSONAL OPINION AHEAD! For me Odyssey's *story* turned out to be more interesting than Origins. Although, Origins did nearly every other thing better, except combat, more on that later.

    Worst things first. The animations. If not counting the first cutscene about 300 Spartans, the animations start getting worse towards the end of the game. Also the map. Ubisoft, why does it have to get bigger every year? I recently read that Valhalla will have bigger map than Odyssey. That's insane in a bad way! Odyssey's world was already full of copy paste, but ok, I gotta admit it was colorful. In such a map there was way too much fillers, and it took me over 100 hours to get 100% sync. That time was so long, it started to feel like a chore grinding towards the 100%.

    The protagonist, Kassandra or Alexios, was boring and didn't leave feelings in me. He/she shows almost no personality, except getting mad easily. Simply said, not a memorable protagonist here.

    My feelings about the side quests are... mixed. There were good ones with nice build-ups, for example, I simply loved "Family values" for ending so... unexpectedly and "Kingfisher and the Robin" for actually having twists and turns. But then in some quests, you are just being asked to collect materials, nothing else. Even though they are "just" side quests, they are supposed to have actual content in them. Those quests felt nothing but a pain in the a$$.

    Now we get to the combat and gameplay part. Say what you say, I love Odyssey's combat. The large variety of abilities just amazes me. I went to conquest battles just for the fun, not for the loot, cuz the combat is just awesome in this game. The gameplay itself was also smooth, didn't experience any bugs, well done on that, Ubi.

    Even though Odyssey has a lot of cliches, it isn't a bad game. It brought us many good systems, like the mercenary system and weakening nations to draw them into battles. Although, I don't understand how is it an Assassin's creed game.

    EDIT: Forgot to mention the Naval system. It is fun in the beginning, but gets very repetitive.

    7/10

    submitted by /u/P1pari
    [link] [comments]

    Assassins Creed has some of the best video game music

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    So I loaded up AC3 Remastered and right when I hit the menu screen the badass music starts playing and I start jamming out to it. After it ended I just remembered how great the music of this series was so I went on one of my music apps and started listening to a few main themes of the past games (Isn't my first time doing so) and man some of the memories kicked in. After listening a couple of times my personal favorite is between AC Odyssey's main theme, Black Flags, or AC Brotherhood's version of Ezio's family. I'd like to see your guys favorite AC main themes or if you only have one that you like you can list that.

    submitted by /u/Momas1
    [link] [comments]

    Playing as a undercover assassin infiltrating templars

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 03:25 AM PDT

    Imagine playing as an undercover assassin who is part time a fake templar investigating the motives and actions of the organisation. During the night-time he would put his hood on and yeet around the city ruining what templars are trying to achieve. Idc when or where this takes place, the concept just sounds mindblowing to me. What are your opinions on it guys?

    submitted by /u/n1ck0l1w13r
    [link] [comments]

    Is it the fans fault that AC not become what it is before?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 09:39 PM PDT

    I remember when AC Unity & Syndicate released and people trash the game because it the same thing over and over again and asking Ubisoft to innovate on the franchise. However, when Ubisoft did with Origins and Odyssey, fans also trash the game saying it not AC anymore as it more of a Witcher 3 clone and wanted the old AC formula back.

    Even after AC: Valhalla leaks that contain many promising feature and even the return of the hidden blade. They are still some fans complaining and still wanted the series to go back like AC Unity or the old game did.

    Like WTF?

    submitted by /u/EverlastingGem
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the general consensus on Freedom Cry?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 06:06 PM PDT

    Long story short, I re-bought Black Flag the other week, and got the remasters of Rogue & 3 too, planned to play them chronologically over the next few weeks.

    And honestly, Freedom Cry made me feel like reconsidering. The main missions are a drag for the most part, with all the tailing, they stick you with a shitty, unupgraded ship and the locking main missions behind doing side content was honestly kind of infuriating.

    I finished the main story of Black Flag on a happy note, having enjoyed it yet again, but this DLC really soured me. It's a shame too, because I like Adè as a character, and his fighting style is really interesting and brutal with the Machete.

    But I genuinely can't see myself replaying it, as it was such a drag.

    I figured I'd ask here what everyone else felt about it, if I'm perhaps just burned out on piracy, or if it is just a bit shit.

    submitted by /u/TheeAJPowell
    [link] [comments]

    Hidden Foot Blade is needed in AC

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 08:40 AM PDT

    Just like in Chrobicles China she has a Hidden Blade on her feet i think if we had that in the 3D Universe of AC Games it can be used for creative fights.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/ToxicCourt
    [link] [comments]

    Question about AC2 (MAJOR SPOILER)

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 08:31 PM PDT

    How did Ezio walk off his injury? Rodrigo stabbed him right in his belly, and the knife/sword went deep too.

    He no longer had the Apple on him, i haven't played Brotherhood or Revelations if it's explained that Juno healed him (seriously doubt that), and the game didn't know i'd use Altaïr's armor (i know it is only unbreakable during gameplay, but the codex mentioned it being indestructible).

    submitted by /u/negasonictenagwarhed
    [link] [comments]

    What are some of your favourite quotes from any of the AC games?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 10:48 AM PDT

    My personal favourite quote is Altaïr's "How could I regret the only life I've ever known" because it's just kinda nice in some strange way.

    submitted by /u/EpicesPotato
    [link] [comments]

    Why in the world are random people getting in on my fights with their brooms?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 08:45 PM PDT

    I get that they wanted to finally make the civvies in Odyssey be able to defend themselves, but when I'm fighting 3 different mercenaries and their lions, why are there 20 people attacking me with their brooms and shovels??? Got nothing to do with them

    submitted by /u/ohsinboi
    [link] [comments]

    Are the four apples of eden used in atlantis in odyssey the missing unknown ones?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 06:26 PM PDT

    Are the four apples of eden used in atlantis in odyssey the same ones that were stated under "unknown locations"? (ie: does this mean that the assassin's now have 6 apples [4 found in atlantis, one with william milles, and one with Callum Lynch]?)

    submitted by /u/mostafahelmy129
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Unity: 6 Years Later by Whitelight

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    What do you absolutely do not want in AC Valhalla that was a feature of previous AC games?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 11:07 AM PDT

    I mean for starters I don't want a level based enemy system that's too OP.

    submitted by /u/Snake_Bomber
    [link] [comments]

    What title would you give for Assassin's Creed 2 and 3?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 04:14 PM PDT

    After Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Ubisoft stopped to use numbers for their upcoming AC games, instead they began to use titles which were connected to the story some kind like Rogue, Unity, Syndicate and so on.

    What if Ubisoft gave also AC 2 and 3 titles instead of numbers, what would it be?

    submitted by /u/dan-sudo
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished AC IV: Black Flag for the first time and gotta say something for new players.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 05:46 AM PDT

    I highly recommend playing through the story first. You'll unlock a few more tools and weapons but more importantly if you do like me and pick up items, do side quest and try to complete areas, you'll kinda forget about the main story and its characters. It feels like a lack of purpose or emotional commitment at some point. A disconnection and then you put the game away and forget about it most of the time or too unmotivated to play it.

    A few friends told me the same thing happened to them in similar games or black flag directly. Once I started rolling in the missions i connected more with good ol' Edward, Tatch, Adewale and the others I can't remember the names lmao, but the opposite side as well, Robert, Hornigold, Torres and Rogers. The world felt more alive than just repeating the same side quest over and over. These aren't elderscroll side quest level anyway so.

    Anyway I gotta say about the ending I loved to see Edward sail away with his daughter and the dialogue it was brilliant character development for him. At the end at the theater too, man this game.

    Thanks for reading mates! ;)

    submitted by /u/Nate_ferland
    [link] [comments]

    I think Thebes might be the best city we’ve gotten in the RPG era as far as parkour around rooftops goes

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 08:05 AM PDT

    I feel like there's so many more opportunities in that city to approach places from above than in other cities, and there are more parkour routes strewn throughout.

    submitted by /u/BigBobBuysBoats
    [link] [comments]

    Edward Kenway vs Shay Cormac

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    Who wins? Like I'm talking their peak skill level and weapons, guns etc...

    submitted by /u/Mr_Buffoon
    [link] [comments]

    Who Was Put in the Wrong Group?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 07:04 PM PDT

    Was there anyone in the series you felt was assigned to the wrong group between the Assassins and the Templars? Machiavelli never sat right with me as an Assassin because of what he is known for. Churchill also feels off being neutral since the BTS stuff from AC2 implied he was a Templar alongside FDR, Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini. If he's neutral then does that imply the others are as well?

    submitted by /u/ldboy1990
    [link] [comments]

    [SHIT POST] Would an Assassin's Creed MMO work?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 10:22 PM PDT

    I love MMOs, most of my favorite franchises have one (Elder Scrolls, Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, DC to name a few), except Assassin's Creed, which is probably top 3 on my list. So do you think an AC MMO would work? Is that something you would like to see?

    Disclaimer: it would obviously be developed by another studio, so it woudn't hurt the mais games cicle

    submitted by /u/MatFernandes
    [link] [comments]

    AC Unity is a really great game.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 05:23 AM PDT

    So for the past 2 weeks I've been playing AC Unity and I had fun with this game, like a lot.

    I thought the glitches were going to my experience, but I've experienced none, and I competed this game to 100%

    People really should play AC Unity more, sad it got bad a launch.

    submitted by /u/KingFahad360
    [link] [comments]

    Dear God how do I get the crew members to stop singing

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 07:32 AM PDT

    I cant take it anymore they chant and chant greek hymns constantly its driving me nuts i want them to shut up so bad I have no clue how to though.

    I ended up screaming at the TV like an annoyed dad on a roadtrip that I'd turn the fucking ship around

    DEAR GOD MAKE IT STOP I CANT TAKE IT

    submitted by /u/AgroMachine
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment