• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 20, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Playing through AC4 Black Flag, just took my first Man o' War. I love this game!

    Assassin's Creed Playing through AC4 Black Flag, just took my first Man o' War. I love this game!


    Playing through AC4 Black Flag, just took my first Man o' War. I love this game!

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 09:12 PM PDT

    I'm maybe 18% progress through the game and I just fought a close battle with a Spanish convoy and successfully boarded and took a Man o War for my fleet on stormy seas. It was cinematic as fuck. I love this game omg best assasins creed and best pirate game

    submitted by /u/inoffensivegamer
    [link] [comments]

    A minor issue with Odyssey's plants

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 07:34 PM PDT

    I'm playing Odyssey right now, and one of the things I've been noticing is on multiple islands there are pear cactus

    https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgg_72VjMsrAmk5RJobk5mv4rUNVRPedhaWOcuW1yLA72-NM6wE3Jm5Y_gdokMcdXFJjBc0-pNBpGYyjF4d7FwuyEfPibp6UnaM58ScsvJGCd8rujYYjz4WvpmFVo4kB5ugJLSfx_nqk9c/s1600/englem+sm.jpg

    For anyone who isn't aware, cacti is only native to the Americas. There would've been no cacti in ancient Greece.

    Initially I only found the cacti where you upgraded your spear and thought that the addition of the plant was a clever hint that the original builders came from the Americas, but then noticed it was on other islands as well. Not a huge deal, but for a player like me one of the huge draws of this game is it's historical appeal. It's a blunder by the designers of the game that they don't have even a basic idea of the history of vegetation of the areas they create. The only other post I've seen on this got down voted to 0.

    submitted by /u/red-spektre
    [link] [comments]

    Reasoning behind giving a male character the name Eivor?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 03:09 PM PDT

    I was wonderinghow Ubsioft made research about the name Eivor? I am Swedish-speaking Finn myself, and Eivor - as far as I am concerned - is a female only name.

    It sounds really weird to me to use this name for a male character. I have a few friends who are named Eivor, and they are all female. All sources about the name's etymology claim it's female. For example here, in Norwegian: Øyvor, kvinnenavn, norrønt Eyvǫr, der første ledd kommer av urnordisk auja, 'lykke, gave', og andre ledd av norrønt vǫr, 'forsiktig', eller av urnordisk \warjaR, 'den som verger'*.Basically it says that it's a female name, which means luck, gift, careful or "the one that protects".

    Would be interesting to hear Ubisoft's thoughts about the name. In my ear it would make more sense of the male character was named Ivar or something similar, which sounds fairly similar to Eivor, but is a male name.

    I love though that they chose Eivor for the female character, because it's kind of considered to be an "old granny name" where I live, and now the name might gain a bit more popularity. But pasting the name Eivor on a male character just feels sloppy.

    submitted by /u/kdalkarl
    [link] [comments]

    Why would Shay kill Charles Dorian?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 05:39 PM PDT

    So I recently went through Rogue again. I was playing the last mission, the Versailles mission where Shay kills Charles and and I had an epiphany:vwhy did Shay resolve to killing Charles to get the box? Unity was the closest thing we saw to an Assassins-Templar truce and this is exemplified by de la serre and Mirabeau's friendship. The Assassins and Templars in France had a unique relationship, one that wasn't rooted in hostility. So why would Shay come in and violate that dynamic? Is it because since he's from the American rite of the Templar order and since he serves directly under Haytham that he completely disregarded this relationship? Is it because the American Revolution was heating up and the American Templars (or Templars in general) needed an upper hand? Either way it feels like maybe this could have been talked out rather than resulting in Charles's death. Especially when considering that a truce was at stake. Plus what did Shay mean when he said "perhaps it's time to start a revolution of our own"? The French Revolution? If so, how?

    submitted by /u/FKapoco
    [link] [comments]

    AC Rogue - one of the best games of the series

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 10:27 PM PDT

    AC Rogue is really one of the best games in the whole franchise, sure it was short but the story was dense and compact at the same time, connecting all the loose-ends from the previous stories. Not many people appreciate Rogue as much, but for me it is one of the best games- just below Black flag. The starting is also truly beautiful as well, when you return to the Frontier and the homestead, it's like coming home to your wife after a long day. The whole plot is really innovative as well.

    10/10 will recommend to play.

    submitted by /u/Snake_Bomber
    [link] [comments]

    Play style based on Assassin characteristics

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 07:59 PM PDT

    Long term AC players, do you change your play style based on the Assassin you play as? For example: Edward, Bayek and Connor are brute fighting killers, stealth generally isn't their thing, whereas Arno and Ezio are more stealth in nature. I'm curious if you make a conscious choice to play differently. Since Shay is concerned with the loss of innocent life, I tend to only kill actual assassin targets in Rogue and simply knock everyone else out.

    submitted by /u/JonfromCinemaShelf
    [link] [comments]

    I forgot how beautiful Odyssey is

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 11:08 AM PDT

    I just started replaying Odyssey to hype myself for Valhalla and I forgot how absolutely stunning it is. Valhalla definitely has big shoes to fill

    Edit:maybe I'm not playing it. My disc seems to be messed up and will crash. That's a bummer

    submitted by /u/memegod03973
    [link] [comments]

    Were Ezio’s final actions in Revelations justified?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    I just recently finished re-playing Revelations for the first time in years. I found the storyline for Ezio's final game very weird. Considering he is someone who has had many decades of experience as a notable assassin now, to have such sloppy actions during the final parts of Revelations felt opposite of Ezio's character.

    Firstly, starting with the assassination of Tarik. Ezio and Suleiman were both wrong in their assumption that Tarik was a Templar secretly working with Manuel Palaiologos. In reality, Tarik was planning a secret attack to eliminate the Byzantine Templars, and the first action point of the plan was to sell weapons to Manuel. Someone as experienced as Ezio should not be making such drastic decisions to assassinate someone based off of one suspicious encounter. Ezio states himself earlier in the game, "a true leader does not take unnecessary risks." I actually completed a Master Assassin mission earlier in the game where Ezio reprimands an assassin-in-training for jumping to a premature conclusion and killing the wrong target. This exact scenario occurred with Ezio/Tarik. Anyways, I felt the decision to assassinate someone so crucial to overthrowing the Templar's (i.e. Tarik's planned secret attack on the Byzantines via selling weapons to Manuel) was a HUGE mistake on Ezio's part, especially someone who is considered the rank of Mentor. Yes, Tarik should have communicated his plans to other high ranking Ottomans. However, his relationship with Ahmet was heavily tense, and Selim was not currently stationed in Constantinople, so who could he realistically trust with the details of his secret operation? At least not Suleiman, he was still developing and did not have that close of a relationship with Tarik from what I could tell.

    Secondly, regarding the process of assassinating Manuel in Cappadocia. I did not feel the means to accomplish this plan were well thought through going back to the fact that Ezio is a Mentor. Yes, there was a time pressure, but to have the idea to smoke out an entire town to reach one individual seemed extreme. He used the incendiary bomb to smoke out the entire town just to assassinate one person. I remember running through the town to escape, seeing the number of people dying from lack of air due to the smoke. Was it really worth sacrificing the majority of a town to assassinate one highly influential Templar? And Manuel wasn't even the mastermind behind the current Templar objective, Ahmet was the current Grand Master - Manuel was simply a pawn in the process. I'm not sure if this tenant would apply, "stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent", but regardless if you kill someone via blade or via smoke, you are still killing innocents.

    Thirdly, Ezio seems to place his own interests over the good of the Assassins. Ahmet reveals himself at the end of the memory sequence as the Templar Grand Master and states that he has the capability of taking Sofia from Ezio. Ezio writes Claudia a letter during the cutscenes and only acknowledges his feelings about how Ahmet could potentially harm Sofia, and no communication regarding how he basically killed an entire town. I felt this was very single minded - he put his own interests over the interests of the Assassin's tenants of the creed. I didn't even touch on the fact that Yusuf died protecting Sofia, and Ezio uses Yusuf's death to motivate his Assassins to fight the Templars, when in reality, it seems that Ezio is mainly concerned with Sofia's safety, as opposed to avenging Yusuf.

    Is Ezio truly a Mentor, or just motivated through his own self interests and his quest for knowledge?

    I like Ezio a lot, I think he has some very admirable qualities as an Assassin. But, I was very confused to have those events serve as the end to the Ezio trilogy. I know this may seem like an uncommon opinion, but I'd be interested to know what other people think. Perhaps I am missing something. Because as far as I can tell, Ezio and Altair both chose to not pass their knowledge onto the Assassins, and both kept their learnings to themselves when analyzing First Civ tech. It seems it was done for the good of human society, because neither time period was ready to take on the knowledge from the First Civ. But more clarification on the knowledge learned may have provided more closure. Each character certainly gained far more wisdom in his later years, but I can't seem to justify Ezio's final actions.

    submitted by /u/zcox10
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin’s Creed Rogue TRUE Remastered | Launch Trailer | Next Generation

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 12:41 AM PDT

    Best opening to an AC game?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 07:28 PM PDT

    Personally, I enjoy Revelations the most but others such as 2's or Unity's are still great.

    submitted by /u/lonerapsfan
    [link] [comments]

    I just got AC: Odyssey - What is Deimos?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    So I just got Odyssey, and i'm choosing Alexios or Kassandra, so i came here and read several posts, where everyone (almost) say it's best to play as Alexios because Kassandra is portrayed perfectly as Deimos

    What is that? So if i choose to play as Alexios, later in the game, i will play as Kassandra being Deimos? what is Deimos?

    Edit: I have the Gold version, so both DLC are there if it matters. Do I get to choose one DLC to pursue over the other during the game? is that when i turn into Deimos?

    Edit 2: Thank you everyone. Going as Kassandra.

    submitted by /u/TheSilverBug
    [link] [comments]

    Did Ezio and Yusuf speak greek to eachother in Revelations?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 05:49 AM PDT

    I find it quite strange if Ezio would have learned either turkish or persian in the 15th century without visiting Constantinople prior to 1511, but Yusuf also seems quite ignorant to italian culture when they first meet, which implies that they are not conversing in italian.

    My guess would be that they're speaking greek, since it was the language of the nobles in ancient Rome. I'm not too big on the historic details of the renessaince, but I don't find it to be a stretch if Ezio would at least be somewhat conversationally fluent in Greek, since he was an italian noble and most likely had a tutor during his childhood.

    Yusuf was also born in Constantinople about 10-15 years after the fall of the Byzantine empire, so most byzantines that would've decided to stay would still be fluent in greek, and maybe he could've learned some while growing up.

    submitted by /u/Lass167b
    [link] [comments]

    Which game should I buy for PvP multiplayer?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 03:46 PM PDT

    I used to love it in brotherhood but I just want to know which one is similar to that but has the most people still playing.

    submitted by /u/TheFeesher
    [link] [comments]

    where did Shay's memories come from?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 09:42 AM PDT

    where did Shay's memories come from in AC Rogue?

    I always assumed they came from Juhani Otso Berg, given of how they look a lot alike, and yes, I know about Javier Mondragon is a descendant of Shay, and Alannah Ryan is hinted to be one of Shay's descendants too, but they wouldn't be Shay's only living descendants in the Modern Day (as most of the protagonists have like a million living descendants in the Modern Day), but I don't really know.

    submitted by /u/TheHood2001
    [link] [comments]

    If the Isu could see time, then why didn’t they stop Juno from joining the Capitaline Triade knowing that she was going to be evil?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 07:31 AM PDT

    Yeah, why?

    submitted by /u/creed_02
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a website I can go to that collates all recent Valhalla news?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 08:44 PM PDT

    I find it tedious to slog through all the releases and stuff and YouTube videos "everything you need to know about ac Valhalla" get dated quickly...

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/smnw12345
    [link] [comments]

    Stealth Gameplay in Origins and Odyssey

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 05:52 AM PDT

    I used to play Assassins Creed games because I enjoyed playing like an assassin. To me, satisfying stealth gameplay is like solving a wooden lock puzzle.

    Things like learning enemy patrol patterns and selecting which enemies to takeout safely without being spotted. Having to rely on blowdarts, crossbows, traps, and dead body distractions perfectly because it'd be nigh-impossible or extremely tedious without them.

    I agree that Assassin's Creed has never offered extremely complex stealth gameplay, but it used to be vastly more satisfying when environments were tighter. Enemies were more densely dispersed, and level design was more constricting, and conversely, polished. The puzzles were satisfying to solve back then.

    Prime examples include AC Brotherhood's mission when you breach the perimeter of Castel Sant'Angelo. The castle was humongous but had so many densely dispersed enemies and had massive un-scalable castle walls provided limitations on level design. Same goes for challenges in ACIII. There's youtube videos for both examples showcasing methodical strategies players had to develop for these levels:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ln9Y1sCpKg

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3fmYd78GdY

    I feel that old-world environments in Odyssey and Origins with their open landscapes and cities give almost too much freedom when designing strategies. And there's absolutely no incentive for stealthful gameplay either. Here's a Youtube video showcasing strategies a player has developed to sneak into a palace and steal equipment in Assassin's Creed Odyssey:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmZpZl1UnyQ

    It's like Ubisoft fired their level designers, and let their environmental artists have both jobs. The developers excuse their cheap level design by pretending it's more immersive because there's more freedom. But they're so focused on creating an exotic and atmospheric setting and increasing the square kilometers of their worlds that they neglect to include anything resembling a "stealth game" in those worlds. So focused on the GTAV-ification of their series to make it accessible and mainstream that it becomes uninspired, shallow, and completely disassociated from its own charms.

    With AI rudimentary and copy-pasted building templates, merely diversifying the enemy types doesn't provide enough challenge. The cheap thrill associated with a hidden-blade kill is there, but the long-term satisfaction of solving a difficult and constricted encounter by inventing a personalized strategy is completely gone. One of the only moments I enjoyed stealth combat in Assassin's Creed Odyssey was when I designed a self-imposed challenge to kill the Cyclops' men without being detected. The level design here was architecturally interesting, and compacted and densely populated enough to be challenging:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTXWSvt_j6c

    I figured it'd be an example of what to expect once I left tutorial-island, but sadly it was not. Some people love the freshness in these new games, but what I've always loved, and expected about this franchise is dead.

    TLDR: I don't believe that these latest entries deserve the title of Assassin's Creed games. But not just from a storyline perspective, but from a gameplay perspective as well. There's nothing whatsoever "Assassin" about them anymore.

    Two questions I'd like to ask for anyone who has read my post (or just the TLDR) are: when do you believe was the last time this franchise offered genuinely engaging stealth? And what series would you recommend for someone to jump to instead now that Assassin's Creed is (ironically) not a stealth game?

    submitted by /u/RiceyPricey
    [link] [comments]

    Having trouble understanding how the bows damage works in Origins

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    Just started origins the other day and one thing that I can't quite understand is how the damage dealt from bows works. The bows damage dealt is apparently #/s, I'm not sure what this means because I have bows with a higher value of that, but do less damage. I've been mostly using a predator bow because even though it has a smaller #/s value, it does way more damage than a hunter bow I have. Can anyone explain how the bow system works? I've tried searching but can not find an explanation. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Mographer
    [link] [comments]

    Not Bayek but Bayek AND Aya are the best protagonists in the series

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    Probably it was written here several times but I've just finished the game and I had to write out how much I loved them together. When they reunited several times and Aya always jumped on Bayek like some little girl and they immediately started making love or when they was messing around with each other in random moments... absolutely hilarious! They are truly humans and very well written characters. And although I didn't like the end I totally understood it, and the game had a pretty good story after all. For me they are by far the best characters in the whole franchise!

    submitted by /u/iToucan
    [link] [comments]

    Best Way To Make Money In Blackflag

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 03:13 PM PDT

    What is the best way to make money Assassins Creed Blackflag?

    submitted by /u/Grey_ZTN4023
    [link] [comments]

    Hey guys I'm really stuck in odyssey. I cant beat the poisoner.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 08:36 AM PDT

    I have been stuck trying to beat the poisoner, i haven't been playing for 1,5 months now bc of that. I know he is a higher level than me. What do I do? Pls help!!!

    Edit: Just please don't spoil the game to me. I bought the game to witness the story. So yea pls don't spoil!

    Edit 2. Woah guys you were very helpful. I'll try out all the things. I hate how I'm level 11 and most of the missions i have are for level 45 and above. Thank you all. If you have any other suggestions feel free to post them. I fricking love this community.

    submitted by /u/LukaClasher
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment