• Breaking News

    Monday, June 1, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Made this fan art of Eivor and his trusty raven. Let me know what you think!

    Assassin's Creed Made this fan art of Eivor and his trusty raven. Let me know what you think!


    Made this fan art of Eivor and his trusty raven. Let me know what you think!

    Posted: 31 May 2020 09:00 AM PDT

    Fanart I made combining AC with my favorite artstyle

    Posted: 31 May 2020 04:20 AM PDT

    My attempt at hand carving Ezio Auditore. It's my second figure, so it's not amazing, but I tried.

    Posted: 31 May 2020 09:43 AM PDT

    I drew Kassandra in the party dress! I really adore this game.

    Posted: 31 May 2020 09:14 PM PDT

    Watched Ghost of Tsushima gameplay and It reminded me of Assassin's Creed so I made this logo for a Japanese themed AC

    Posted: 31 May 2020 06:26 PM PDT

    Some things I want from Origins in Valhalla that was missing from Odyssey

    Posted: 31 May 2020 06:32 PM PDT

    Multiple bows that have different functions was much better than Odyssey's now

    The camera being closer to your character in Origins is better but I think it should be options like GTA

    Gadgets like firebombs, sleep darts, berserk, poison darts maybe bring more in Valhalla

    The ability to find treasures at a fort should not be a skill it should be already acquired because it Odyssey it can take you forever to find all the chest in forts lol

    Bring back the ability to sprint no clue why it's not in Odyssey

    submitted by /u/BanditJagerMain
    [link] [comments]

    I just finished ACU. DAMN.

    Posted: 31 May 2020 05:36 AM PDT

    Like damn it's good. I never did it because I played it upon release and it felt like I was choking my computer in its crib and it only splurted one bug after another. I gave it a new shot during quarantine to complete my replay of the saga before Valhalla. And holy shit I had fun.

    Stealth is incredible, blending in the crowds actually really works this time. I just miss the whistling but that's a minor quandary. I get rekt every time I go in a fight with 6+ foes but it doesn't feel unearned like in Odyssey where there is so many goddamn buttons to take into account, it's just that well, you're not a killing machine and missed a parry. It's the simpler older AC combat but it just feels good. It would actually be perfect with AC3 finishers and dismemberment but we're gonna have that in Valhalla.

    And the parkour just clicks. It takes a bit to get used to but once you do it flows. I completely understand why Syndicate was my 3rd fav AC behind 2/Brotherhood and Origins now. It's a dumbed-down version of this.

    submitted by /u/cagolebouquet
    [link] [comments]

    The Monteriggioni Assassin tomb in AC 2 is the key to all the new games!!

    Posted: 31 May 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    No idea if this has been posted before or if anyone has figured this out, but it's just blown my mind.

    Ok so hear me out. In AC 2 you get access to the Monteriggioni assassin's tomb where their are 6 assassin's statues. You've got a Mongolian, Persian, Chinese, Egyptian, Babylonian and Roman assassin.

    In Origins, Amunet is Bayeks wife and the one who starts the proper assassin order. She's the Egyptian Assassin in the tomb and her statue states she killed Cleopatra with a snake, which happens in Origins. We already know this.

    In Odyssey, the first dlc is about the first hidden blade and features the Persian Assassin Darius, who is the Persian Assassin in the tomb. On his statue it also states when he killed Xerxes it was first recorded use of the hidden blade, which he tells you all about in Odyssey.

    So, I propose these new games are telling the stories of each of these 6 Assassin's. Which means one of them will appear somehow in Valhalla if my theory follows. Which one? I don't know. The Mongolian Assassin is the closest and that's like 300-400 years after Valhalla is set. So unless we get some flash forward/ flashback shenanigans in Valhalla then my theory will fall apart. But it does mean we could get a Roman and Chinese based game after all!

    submitted by /u/AmpdVodka
    [link] [comments]

    Manual hood toggle will be so badass.

    Posted: 31 May 2020 03:39 PM PDT

    One of my favourite things to do in Syndicate was to balance on a rope or beam, and press the crouch button. It simply showed Jacob/Evie putting up their hood without crouching.

    But with Valhalla coming out, we won't have that issue. I can't wait to stand in the rain and put up my hood before infiltrating a fort, or walking into battle.

    Your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Bruhurb69420
    [link] [comments]

    My thoughts for an AC game set during the Spanish conquest of the Inca

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 12:23 AM PDT

    Having just finished Origins, starting Odyssey, and very excited for Valhalla I've been thinking about when and where I would set an Assassin's Creed game. I think that the Spanish conquest of the Inca Empire could be a really interesting setting. To start the setting of the game in the Andean mountains would be fascinating. In archeology classes I took in undergrad the point was stressed that civilizations that developed in this region of the world had to deal with several very different ecosystems. there are the coastal desserts, rich in fishing but not great for agriculture unless irrigated. there are the highlands and mountains, where people created massive terrace agriculture and cultivated the potato. And finally there is the rainforest to the east. I think given the size of recent assassin creed maps that it would be great to incorporate the variety in landscape and setting that this region could offer.

    Next is the number of societies and civilizations that populated the area over time, leaving behind plenty of ruins for assassin's creed developers to play with. For example is the city of Caral found in Peru, where people lived from 2600 - 2000 BCE, where there are temple ruins and interestingly no signs of warfare found among the archeological site. Of course there are the well known Nazca lines, as well as the Moche, Wari, and Tiwanaku cultures. And then of course there would be the thriving Incan cities that the game would take place around.

    In terms of story my initial guess would that it could be fairly straightforward Templars (Spanish Conquistadores) looking for Isu artifacts of vaults within the Andean mountains. I'm not sure if the Assassin order exists in the americas pre-European colonization, but maybe our protagonist could be a guardian of these ancient temples/vaults? A group that exists within Incan society that teams up with the Assassins once the Templars arrive? The protagonist might not be 'Incan' either, as the empire was relatively new and had subjugated a lot of other groups within and around the andes.

    I'm unsure when exactly the game would take place, maybe over many years like Black Flag. Pizzaro really gets going on the conquest in 1531-32, while Atahualpa is executed in 1533. Interestingly Pizzaro was assassinated in 1541 (cough cough wink wink). The game could start with the arrival of the Spanish, or just before. But I imagine the game wouldn't want to spend too long pre-European arrival, mostly because there were no horses/mounts before the Spanish brought them. Although the protagonist could be a Chasqui, The messengers of the Empire.

    some other quick thoughts:

    • the language of the Inca Empire was Quechua, which is still spoken today
    • most assassin's creed games have several big name historical figures and this might be one of the drawbacks to this setting, the only two big names that I feel the average person/gamer might know are Fransisco Pizarro and Atahualpa.
    • Even though this setting would have a coast i'm not sure that naval battles would be possible for the game. on a related note Lake Titicaca is the biggest lake in South America and the highest navigable lake in the world, so that should definitely be included in the game.
    • What would the DLC be? maybe something to do with the Amazon River? Sir Francis Drake (a famous pirate) was in the area in 1578, but that might be a bit outside the timespan of the game.

    Here are some links to things I referenced in this post and provide more information:

    Would love to hear people's thoughts on this.

    submitted by /u/Brandon-Moskun
    [link] [comments]

    I'm Sculpting Eivor From Assassin's Creed Valhalla

    Posted: 31 May 2020 09:53 AM PDT

    Playing the Desmond Sequences in Revelations for the first time. Wow

    Posted: 31 May 2020 08:33 AM PDT

    The only AC I've ever played was the Desmond era. I'm replaying them and getting all the achievements before going through the games I've missed before Valhalla releases. I'm on Revelations and am playing through the Desmond sequences for the first time. I wasn't much of a completionist when I was younger I guess. And if I did play them it's been so long I've forgot. But wow is it cool to get this back story for Desmond. Ive done sequences 1 and 2. I know it's not much. We hear Desmond talk about the farm and how he was raised. It adds a lot and makes me love the Desmond era more. Thinking about it though, this kind of info maybe could've been explored in the main story in the AC2 present day segments and I wish it wasnt in optional side missions but still. I quite like the story of Desmond seeing the abstergo logo on pain killers and his mom noting you can't ever get away from them. Abstergo really is a scary thing. Reminds me of the scary subject 16 puzzle with the phone call where a guy and his kid get a 'visit' from abstergo after he sees secret info on his TV. Also the presentation of the Desmond sequences are stunning. The fps gameplay feels a bit janky but the visuals of the 'animus guts' are quite beautiful.

    submitted by /u/Jack_W_Lewis
    [link] [comments]

    Which Assassin's creed game is most true to the real life history?

    Posted: 31 May 2020 12:38 PM PDT

    I'm playing AC brotherhood right now. Game is pretty relevant as per the history. I was just wondering how the rest of the games hold up.

    submitted by /u/Mademan84
    [link] [comments]

    AC Valhalla's music should sound amazing!

    Posted: 31 May 2020 01:47 PM PDT

    Eivar Selvik mostly known for his work with the Vikings TV-Show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6loWrABr8gA

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqhhlmz6gik

    Jesper Kyd known for his work on AC2 Ezios Family theme and the borderlands games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSVHx23ByhM

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueFmUkAazGs

    Sarah Schachner known for Modern Warfare, Origins and Black Flag: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4fOIVlEOIY

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ECYYb5PNfs

    I have high hopes that the music in this game will be as iconic as Ezios Family Theme, I think they chose some of the best composers for this game!

    submitted by /u/JustToastDude
    [link] [comments]

    Favourite Side Character Quotes? [Spoiler]

    Posted: 31 May 2020 01:10 PM PDT

    Recently played through Black Flag again, and Blackbeards line right before he dies: "In a world without gold we might've been heroes" really hit hard. Especially with Edwards whole character arc through the game.

    And it got me thinking, what are everyones favourite AC quotes from characters other than the protags?

    submitted by /u/Serene-Doge-Simon
    [link] [comments]

    Pieces of Eden, Settings and Timeline

    Posted: 31 May 2020 02:29 PM PDT

    Eyo, I was wondering how many Pieces of Eden there are so I made a list, if you think you can improve my list or have any questions, please let me know.

    NOTE: I havent played Syndicate and Chronicles yet.

    AC 1: Altair's Apple of Eden, destroyed by Templars

    AC 2: Ezio's Apple of Eden, in possession of Assassins Papal Staff of Eden, in Vatican

    AC Brotherhood: /

    AC Revelations: Memory Seals, in Constantinople

    AC 3 Liberation: Prophecy Disk, in New Orleans

    AC 3: Grand Temple Key, in New York Crystall Ball, destroyed Washington's Apple of Eden, unknown Ring of Eden, unknown

    AC 4 Black Flag: Crystall Skull, in Caribbean Shards of Eden, unknown Precursor Box, in possession of Templars Foresight Amulet, unknown

    AC Rogue: /

    AC Unity: Germain's Sword of Eden, in possession of Templars Arno's Apple of Eden, unknown

    AC Movie: Aguilar's Apple od Eden, in possession of Callum Lynch (Assassin)

    AC Origins: Alexander's Staff of Eden, unknown Akhnaten's Apple of Eden, unknown

    AC Odyssey: Staff of Hermes Trismegistus, in possession of Layla Hassan (Assassin) Leonidas's Spear of Eden, in possession of Layla Hassan (Assassin) Atlantis Artifacts, in Atlantis Deimos's Sword of Eden, unknown

    I also made a list of AC settings. If you have any questions or think you can improve my list please let me know.

    AC 1 = Third Crusade in Syria & Israel (King Richard III)

    AC 2 = Italian Renaissance in Italy (Leonardo da Vinci & Minerva)

    AC Brotherhood = Italian Renaissance in Italy (Niccolo Machiaveli & Juno)

    AC Revelations = Ottoman Empire in Turkey (Suleiman the Magnificent & Jupiter)

    AC 3 Liberation = Spanish Occupation of Louisiana in USA & Mexico (Antonio de Ulloa)

    AC 3 = American Revolution in USA (George Washington & Thomas Jefferson)

    AC 4 Black Flag = Golden Age of Piracy in Carribbean (Blackbeard)

    AC Rogue = Seven Years War in USA (Benjamin Franklin)

    AC Unity = French Revolution in France (Napoleon Bonaparte)

    AC Movie = Grenada War in Spain (Christopher Columbus)

    AC Origins = Ptolomaic Kingdom in Egypt (Ceaser, Cleopatra, Ptolomey & Pompey)

    AC Odyssey = Peleponnisian War in Greece (Hippokrates, Sokrates, Herodotos, Phidias, Pythagoras, Leonidas, Xerxes, Hades, Poseidon, Cyclops & Minotaur)

    And also can somebody send me full canon timeline of all AC media (games, movies, books, comics).

    Like this: CANON

    (list of all canon media in best playing order)

    NON - CANON

    (List of all non - canon media)

    Uf, this was hard.

    submitted by /u/b0rn4_
    [link] [comments]

    What's the first appearance of Darius?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 12:02 AM PDT

    hi guys, I'm playing all the AC saga and now I'm playing ac revelation. I played Origins too. I read a lot of detailed informations about this guy Darisu, but I never saw it in any games I played. am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/Mgsfan10
    [link] [comments]

    So I just finished Black Flag... [Spoliers]

    Posted: 31 May 2020 03:22 AM PDT

    This game surprised me, I'd only ever played Origins before and even within the first cinematic I was longing for Bayeks sweet voice and thick arms around me. Edward was a complete selfish bastard but as the story goes on I think he's one of the most relatable characters. His turn around is amazing and well thought out. Playing the game I didn't notice it took place over seven years which lead to a lot of confusion on my part but knowing this now makes the story even better somehow.
    The only thing I would have changed is the ending when his son wanted a closer look at the show, I was expecting him to pick him up and glide down on a curtain like its rigging or something, it would have made a great freeze frame ending to show he's still got a bit of pirate in him.

    Tldr; I like this game

    submitted by /u/Ethereal_unicorn
    [link] [comments]

    Any AC game you remember playing during a very specific time in your life?

    Posted: 31 May 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    For me it is right now and Brotherhood. I love how there's so much to do in the game, allowing me to tune out the news/irl madness for a while each day and just go take down some Borgia guards. Will always remember Brotherhood as the game I played as the country caught on fire.

    Do you have an equivalent? I'm interested to hear what you have to say!

    submitted by /u/Ikuless
    [link] [comments]

    Why are there two versions of Arno’s Master Assassin gear, Guard of Franciade gear, and Raider gear?

    Posted: 31 May 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    These three outfits are the only ones to have both separate gear pieces and a full outfit? What was the point in doing this?

    submitted by /u/UrCasGamer
    [link] [comments]

    Who is your favorite Frye twin ?

    Posted: 31 May 2020 02:51 PM PDT

    Who is your favorite, Jacob or Evie ?

    Mine is Jacob. He is so more fun and badass and has a great personality.

    submitted by /u/RafaelRoriz
    [link] [comments]

    It was better when in order to change your outfits, weapons or perform fast travel you had to go to specific point on the map

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 12:26 AM PDT

    I'll start it as clear as possible: I really don't like this on-a-go change of everything you are wearing and carrying in Assassin's Creed games since Unity. Also, I hate the fact that you can fast travel from any point on the map with no context.

    As you all can remember, if you wanted to change your outfits and weapons in previous games, you had to go to some points on the map. It could be your ship, your base or different shops (blacksmith, tailor, doctor). At least it was like that in Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood and Revelations. In Assassin's Creed III, this system started to degrade: only one type of stores for all the goods, no more armor breakage, no more medicine. It was the same in IV: Black Flag and Rogue... And was finally destroyed in Unity, where all you had to do on the map is buying consumables from some black market traders. If you want to change yourself at any moment, you can do it via pause menu. Ah, yes, I remembered: in Unity and Syndicate you still could access these menus in Café Théâtre or your train - in Origins and Odyssey there is no way to do in instead of pause menu!

    Also, I told about fast travel. I loved this system which was used in Ezio Trilogy. The best realization of this, I guess, was in Assassin's Creed II where Ezio was not the one who's always running. He could take a carriage or a boat and have some, well, rest while travelling - he was a passenger. However, in Ezio Trilogy I loved the very fact that you have to go to some place if you want all the game's map to be opened to you. And yes, in Assassin's Creed III this system was rapidly degraded: just open the map and click the icon to travel in some place without any context. In further games this system was way more crazier: after fast travelling you appear on a synchronization point which is strange - why would even an Assassin climb on such a high place again?

    After all the said, the more important question: what's the reason for all these complications when everything can be... less complicated? There are few reasons for this:

    • Atmosphere. This "routine" helps us kinda dissolve in the game's world by paying more attention to what people are doing around you.
    • Interaction. More services the game has - more ways for you to interact with game's world. It proves that it's not just your playground, but you are a part of it.
    • Memory and attention. When you play an open world game you sometimes get really tired of opening the map just to locate the closest store. Maybe it was the reason why all these fast things were added. However, I know a better variant: why not remembering your path somewhere, why not paying attention to what's located around you? Yes, it's challenging, but not really that much. It's cool to know the location of the closest stores and points of interests around you - it makes you feel like you're home.
    • Context. Yes, Animus is pretty interesting and powerful machine which can do everything: change you on a go or teleport you anywhere you want. However, sometimes I'd like to forget that I'm located in this machine and see more clearly about when and where I've got some specific item or why I traveled somewhere so fast.

    I understand that these ideas won't be shared by everyone, so maybe there should be an option that will allow you to turn all these on-a-go features on and off. Also, I understand that all such "complications" which artificially prolong game's time are now compared to RDR2 or Death Stranding. No: I loved a tempo of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and I think that it shouldn't be nor faster neither slower.

    What do you think about this all?

    submitted by /u/Treshcore
    [link] [comments]

    The Real Heights and Weights of each Protagonist

    Posted: 31 May 2020 09:18 AM PDT

    I'm actually surprised and delighted at how varied the assassins look in their height and weights in this game. They each actually look quite distinct and don't have the same build/height. But Ubisoft's manual seems to honestly list incorrect heights. For example, Connor is listed at 6'4 in the manual which is absolutely ridiculous. If he was that tall, he would stick out like a sore thumb among the crowd.

    When you play each game, you can get a good sense of how tall each the assassins are based off their relation to the ground, and their weights as well.

    Altair - 5'10, 160lbs (Looks average in height, slim/fit build)

    Desmond - 5'10, 160lbs (Pretty much looks identical to Altair)

    Ezio - 5'10, 165lbs (Same height, looks a bit more built than Altair)

    Connor - 6'2, 190lbs (You could tell Ubisoft wanted to make him the tallest assassin, but he looks more 6'2 not 6'4. His build looks really similar to Batman. He often appears 230+lbs in physique but 190lbs seems more accurate because if you've seen him shirtless in the game he isn't as much of a beefcake as you think he is. They just made him have really broad shoulders which makes him look bigger.)

    Edward - 5'10, 165lbs (Very similar build to Ezio)

    Shay- 5'11 , 180lbs (Looks a bit taller than average, and he has a stronger build than the average assassin)

    Arno- 5'9, 155lbs (He looks slightly shorter than the rest of the main assassins. His build is also relatively slim as well.)

    Jacob- 5'7, 160lbs (He came off as short when you play as him. But he was really built (almost chunky) so he appeared more muscular than Altair/Ezio, but since he is shorter, he is the same weight as them.)

    Evie - 5'7, 115lbs (Same height as Jacob, but has the build of a slim, but fit woman.)

    Bayek - 5'8, 155 lbs (Bayek seems about average height for the modern Egyptian man. Ubisoft did not take into accoun the historical setting for height, since Ancient Egypt had a shorter height. Ezio is listed at 6'0 for example, but he would tower over people in the game since the average height during his time period is 5'5. Bayek seems the same height as most other civilians, and his relation to the ground looks 5'8. He has a decent amount of muscle, but he is shredded which means he has lower fat and looks heavier than he is)

    Kassandra - 6'0, 140lbs (She is a very tall and quite a lean/decently built woman.)

    Alexios, 6'0, 180lbs (His physique looks closer to a bodybuilder than any other assassin. He had quite a bit of muscle, but he was very lean as well. His shoulders aren't as broad as Connor, so he comes off as looking a lot smaller.)

    submitted by /u/DullStruggle8
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment