• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 12, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Assassin's Creed 2 Free on Uplay April 14

    Assassin's Creed Assassin's Creed 2 Free on Uplay April 14


    Assassin's Creed 2 Free on Uplay April 14

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 05:46 AM PDT

    Of everything that's changed with the series, the music is one of the things that I think has subtly decreased in quality.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 05:25 PM PDT

    I just stumbled upon a video comparing AC locations to their real-life counterparts. The video was dubbed-over with scores from Revelations, and it struck me how beautiful and recognizable they were. Thinking back, every AC game up through Black Flag had masterful and memorable scores which get me hyped or emotional to this day just thinking about them. But when I think of anything from Unity to Odyssey, I've come to realize I can't think of anything aside from a few musical cues that trigger when you clear a fort or something. The only new music that's at all memorable is only because it's all just alterations of Ezio's Family.

    I think the music, both contextual and ambient, really helped set the atmosphere and overall vibe of the older games and I feel like it's slowly faded away and contributes to the emptiness feeling I've experienced lately while playing.

    submitted by /u/blakhawk12
    [link] [comments]

    Did an assassins creed drawing for a change, very proud of it, meant to be Ezio

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 05:44 PM PDT

    I love Origins, but it’s disappointing how the game assumes you will complete certain side quests by certain points in the main story, resulting in some broken continuity [SPOILERS]

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    I'm 60 hours in and I think I have one main mission left; still lots of side stuff on my plate. This issue has come up quite a bit in the last 15 hours or so, so I guess I'm gonna rant about it a little.

    I understand the desire to make the world of Origins feel more connected and alive by linking certain side quests to events in the main story; but to me that limits the player's freedom in a pretty serious and immersion breaking way. Some examples;

    I'm a few hours after beating the main quest where you put Cleopatra in power and she betrays you by allying with Septimius. During the cutscene just after this, Aya and Bayek express their rage at Cleopatra along with other associates including Phoxidas and Phanos. But there's one person in that scene who I hadn't met in my playthrough, she has a bit of dialogue in the scene so it was odd to see her there with allies of Bayek who had played major roles in the story so far - turns out this was Tahira, an old friend of Bayek from Siwa. I found this out hours later when I triggered the side quest The Reunion on the Far East side of the map, which the main quest hadn't yet touched. I was just exploring there. This is where Bayek reunites with Tahira after a year or two and they fill each other in on their stories; it's clear it's their first time seeing each other since the Tragedy at Siwa. Obviously this presents a pretty bad continuity break; in my playthrough they were in the same room hours earlier discussing plans for the future. It was pretty disappointing and really served as a reminder that I'm very much playing a game with a path that the devs assume I'll take, despite all the apparent freedom offered, and not living Bayek's life through these memories. I haven't played Witcher and a few other major RPGs but I don't recall this happening in them. Usually the side quests in games I've played like Mass Effect, Skyrim, KOTOR and Red Dead 2 are contained and, ideally, compelling stories in their own right, totally separate from the continuity of the main quest, so as to avoid precisely this issue I'm rambling on about.

    Other examples are when I went to clean up some level 30ish side quests a while after getting them, and there were references to characters like Apollodourous as though they were alive despite having died in the main quest. Why include a reference to a character who could well be dead by the time the player continues this side west? Do the devs really assume that once you trigger a side quest every player will just want to finish it then and there?

    Another bad one was when I stumbled on a dilapidated farm on the outskirts of Cyrene, with only a few lions and dead bodies. I found an underground bunker type area with an "investigate" prompt and thought this was an awesome sort of stumbled upon side quest that the map didn't even notify me of; but nope it was a part of a different quest that I got to eat too early. It was the farm you investigate as part of the "Are You Not Entertained" side quest. It's annoying because all the 'investigate' prompts were there before activating the quest, and Bayek's dialogue was as though I had already started that quest and knew the context so it was confusing. I just wish that had been written in a way that stumbling upon the farm can alternatively trigger the quest and have different dialogue depending on whether you stumble upon in or whether you go there as a result of the quest starting in the city which gives context to the farm situation.

    There are other examples but I've ranted more than I expected to already. It's just frustrating in a game that does SO MANY things so incredibly well; seriously I adore this game to death. But things like this are honestly worse in my eyes than bad graphics or system crashing glitches because they remove you totally from the illusion of "being" the protagonist and remind you that you are in fact not in total control of the order you play this adventure; and that there is an intended narrative that you've failed to abide by somewhere along the way.

    submitted by /u/queensinthesky
    [link] [comments]

    Was this first look of Assassin's Creed Origins and Bayek?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 02:49 AM PDT

    Was this first look of Assassin's Creed Origins and Bayek?

    https://preview.redd.it/66esktxfu5s41.jpg?width=468&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=33334e1cc1ce5c696729fd3cc46c3430d3d77d4c

    I posted this in community /GamingLeaksAndRumours and most of them were like "nah, this has nothing to do with Assassin's Creed, it is Ubisoft cancelled project called Osiris and how it could be when team were making Black Flag at that time"

    What I think - Okay, maybe it wasn't meant to be Assassin's Creed at first but they changed their minds. Even franchise was created by that way, they wanted to make new Prince of Persia game and then realised it could be completely new game. Ubisoft was always working on more AC games at the same time. When Brotherhood and Revelations came out, they were already working on AC3. So this likely could be early stage of Origins and first look of Bayek.

    If you never watched trailer, here it is.

    submitted by /u/oaleebih
    [link] [comments]

    I just completed Assassin Creed: Revelations, in order of the game releases.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 09:14 PM PDT

    A few weeks ago when all the Ubisoft games went of sale, I bought all the Assassin's Creed games and their DLC's. I decided that during this pandemic, I was going to play every single one of the games, in order. As the title says, I just completed Assassin's Creed Revelations. And oh my goodness.

    This series is fantastic. From the sci-fi, to the game mechanics, to the cosmsic responsibility being continuously placed on you, this series is one of my favorite I have ever played.

    Years ago and miles away, I played AC 1 and brotherhood. But playing them in order, back to back, is an entirely different experience. I can't wait to get further. I like the progression of various climbing mechanics, I like the progression of combat. I like the feeling of truly uncovering the past hidden by conspiracy and sabotage.

    I plan to play all the way through Odyssey in this manner, regardless of the 'goodness' of particular games, because I want to see the whole story.

    There isn't really a main point here aside from I LOVE THE GAMES. If you'd care to watch me play through any of them I suppose, I am broadcasting my playthroughs on mixer. I won't say my upload name or any of that, because I don't want to be a plugger of content. Also it's infrequent uploads so good luck.

    I hope this series continues to deliver an impactful and meaningful story for the next games. I am so looking forward to experiencing them all.

    submitted by /u/JackOfAII
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favorite Assassin's Creed Cinematic Trailer?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 06:29 PM PDT

    I know this is out of nowhere but I decided to watch all the trailers and there is just something bone chilling about the trailers for Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed III, and Assassin's Creed Unity.

    submitted by /u/ProfessorWankStank
    [link] [comments]

    Origins - Shipwreck with floating faceless sailors

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 02:22 PM PDT

    In AC Odyssey, what counts as Isu **exactly**?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 10:22 PM PDT

    I'm mainly interested from the perspective of the "+x% damage on Isu" engraving? What, exactly, is it useful against? Is it only the 'obvious' named Isu? Mind-controlled humans? The fallen escaped from Tartarus?

    I've spent 30+ min googling and searching Reddit, but I can't seem to locate a clear answer (or even this question....).

    submitted by /u/blynchehaun
    [link] [comments]

    The Deluded Citizens of the Greek World

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    WARNING - STRONG LANGUAGE: Ok so we all know the feeling - the feeling of complete and utter rage flowing from your core to your hands, to the point where you throw your controller at a wall and it explodes like a frag grenade. Ok, maybe we don't all feel that level of rage, but we definitely feel the annoyance of dealing with the dumbass Greek citizens who decide to attack you when you're fighting a mercenary or cultist or guard. The following is a little (large) rant regarding this, and I'm interested in hearing your similar stories! I'm over here fighting an evil oppressive cultist and of course the Athenian guard has to join in on attacking me, but when I have to kill a brute in self defense and a random fucking Greek woman picks up a battle axe with one fucking hand and swings it with ease like it's a fucking spatula, you just throw your controller across the room! I understand civilian retaliation in some occasions, but I'm sorry, when you, a civilian, see two legendary mercenaries battling to the death on the rooftops of Athens, YOU WOULDN'T FUCKING PICK UP YOUR BROOMSTICK LIKE HARRY POTTER AND JOIN IN! It's literally infuriating when I'm fighting a mercenary 8 levels higher than me and I'm finally about to knock her out, but then the whole fucking community comes out here and forces me to deal with them (putting a ridiculous bounty on my head for their "heinous" murders) as the mercenary heals herself. This feature is absolute horseshit and essentially forces you to initiate the conflict where you find your target, and then lead them out of the city so the fucking shitstains in the underwear of life that are the simpleton citizens of the Greek world will leave you the fuck alone. Otherwise, you have to fight the person you wanted to fight initially, the guards who come and apparently know just from running up to the fight that you're the bad guy, the citizens who apparently worship the guards and bear arms against you like you're the fucking British Crown, and then the mercenaries who come in swarms to collect the ever increasing bounty on your head. Assassin's Creed, what the fuck were you thinking!?!?!

    submitted by /u/HellsBells-24
    [link] [comments]

    I think Rome should finish off the Layla arc and Vikings should come later

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 05:50 AM PDT

    As someone born and raised in Scandinavia I am in some ways curious about a Viking AC, but it makes no sense as the next instalment in the franchise.

    Rome is the obvious thematic culmination of an "Antiquity" trilogy. Then go on to create a proper Iron Age/Medieval trilogy. Maybe part 1: King Arthur, part 2: Vikings, then part 3: High Middle Ages in western/central Europe.

    Going from Odyssey to Kingdom seems so random, haphazard. Especially chronologically. There's going to be at least 1,000 years between them. Origins and Odyssey haven't built towards a Viking setting at all.

    submitted by /u/ToffeeKing
    [link] [comments]

    How cool would it be having an assassin’s Creed at the time of Babylonia?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    Imagine. From Babylonian script we know that they though they met the gods, now think. How cool would be a game where you are immersed in Babylonian culture and at a random point of the you meet Jupiter, in flash and bones, giving to the priests advises and pieces of Eden, one of them is corrupted by the power of the pice of Eden and now is your turn to kill the priest and to save the world from falling under a priest/dictator reign

    submitted by /u/Brian-Goddamn-Jesus
    [link] [comments]

    Jacob would wipe Arno of the face of the earth

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 04:40 PM PDT

    It would be very unfair if it did happen though

    submitted by /u/trillionbillion100
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for players interested in being part of a D&D style Assassin's Creed RPG

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    I've created a custom RPG system for historical settings, and I think using it for an Assassin's Creed RPG campaign would be perfect.

    The idea is to make a campaign with a 3-4 players party and explore a historical setting through the eyes of a group of Assassins.

    My idea for an interesting historical setting would be exploring something most people are not much familiar with, that way, even though historical, it would feel like something new for the players.

    I'm open for ideas of possible settings, but right now the main idea I'd like to explore would be 15th century Poland, during the Thirteen Years War against the Teutonic Order. Having the campaign being set during a longer historical event will be good for character development and exploration of the open world.

    For those interested, these are the prerequisites for participating in the campaign:

    • Being 18 years old or above (there won't necessarily be any suggestive themes, but I wish to play with a group that is already mature).
    • Having basic knowledge about the Assassin's Creed lore.
    • Being committed to the campaign and showing interest to the game (it won't be completely serious all the time, of course there will be off-character jokes, but the game needs to be taken seriously during the roleplay).
    • Having free time at least once a week (preferably Saturday or Sunday). The sessions will be at least 2 hours long, but can last longer if all the players agree to it.
    • Being respectful towards the GM and the other players.

    Everything about the system will be explained, even if you have 0 experience in role-playing games.

    I'm still preparing everything. It will take about 2 to 3 weeks to get everything ready. In the mean time the players can focus on developing their character's story and learn about the events that occured before the main setting.

    Send me a direct message in case you're interested and I'll give you access to the Discord Server for the campaign.

    This post will be edited as new players enter

    Confirmed players: 4/4

    submitted by /u/TheWhiteWolf1120
    [link] [comments]

    What’s everyone’s favourite time setting for the the released AC games that have come out?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 09:20 AM PDT

    I still feel like the the crusades of the first game is still the coolest, most interesting time period for an AC game and just flows real nicely with all the mystery of the precursor stuff and just started the franchise off greatly.

    submitted by /u/BillyBlownes
    [link] [comments]

    My AC concept about another colonial Assassin's Creed

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    I know many people often post their concept of AC but I really wanted to share it with you and I will use this post to speak about other things.

    Title : Assassin's Creed Hunted

    Time : 1791-1801

    Principal characters : Shay Cormac, Connor Kenway

    Plot : Shay is old and tired. He's now sixty years old and Grand Master of the Templars in an America he doesn't understand anymore. He made peace with his past but continues to serve the Order. A young assassin is sent by Connor to track him and kill him. When the assassin finally gets in the house of Shay, he isn't there. His family is, though. Out of pure hatred toward Templars, the assassin kills Shay's wife and son. Shay discovers it and kill the assassin effortlessly in a raging frenzy. He is now on the run, with nowhere to hide as the colonial Order started to slowly decline after the Revolution. Connor, Mentor of the American brotherhood, decides to hunt him himself. After a long run, he finally manage to find and kill Shay. Cormac accepts his destiny and dies without a fight.

    Concept : we would play Shay and Connor on different missions. This means : variability in environment, gameplay and characters. We could switch between them at any time in free-roam (a bit like in AC Syndicate with the Frye twins).

    I think it would be a good idea because it would be nice to have another colonial game to finish the series. Connor Kenway was also a character who I found boring but had potential in the way he will switch from a naive young man to a mature Master Assassin, aware of the reality of things, but still ready to accomplish his goal and believe in humanity. I also loved Shay and would like an end (in game) for this character. Let's be honest, old man Shay Cormac as the Grand Master of the American Order would be bad-ass. I know some of you would like to see Arno or Eveline in a plot like this one but I prefered this one-on-one approach. Also, Arno is not part of the Brotherhood anymore so not sure Connor would agree to work with him, especially as he doesn't know him. I also don't veryb much like Arno so there's that.

    Tell me what you think of it and what you'd like if such a project was real in the comments. Thanks for reading!

    submitted by /u/Competitive-Material
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best AC gameplay-wise for you? Which one has the best mechanics?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 07:08 PM PDT

    I've had this thought lingering in my mind for a few days, maybe even weeks, so I've finally decided to reach out and ask this subreddit what they thought.

    I won't lie here, but I feel like Assassin's Creed Unity and Syndicate were the peak of the series' gameplay and mechanics.

    For me, Unity pioneered new mechanics in pretty much every single aspect of the series, its parkour, while a bit junky at times, is by far the best in the series in my opinion. The moves Arno pulls off are extravagant, good on the eye without being distracting, we also get new and better ways to climb, such as running sideways into walls, revamped side-hops, side-dropping, or even go down at all, the character controls were easy to learn and dare I say, even easy to master; if you still happen to climb onto boxes or walls accidentally then oractice will be required, a friend of mine still happens to kill himself jumping off rooftops because he's a garbage movement player. Though there are still some issues, such as glitchy poles on the Palais du Luxembourg or obstacle vaults ending with Arno tripping over nothing, Syndicate automated the most annoying parts of the mechanics and fixed everything that needed fixing. I have nothing to say but that the parkour was flawless at this point in time.

    Stealth and items were also much more useful and fun than before, the tools present in Unity fill a large variety of roles and do happen to have a very high skill ceiling aswell. While one regular person might use smoke bombs to get out of a particularly messy fight or to avoid detection, a Unity regular would use it to blind and eliminate guards when he runs out of phantom blades, however, a Unity grinder would use smokes to deny vision in order to rush the assassination target and finish the mission in one swift stab (the blades are expensive as hell in the end-game!).

    The stealth, is likewise what I think is the best in the series, it started out good in Unity, we now had a dedicated stealth mode, plenty of tools to choose from and dozens of different means to go about do something, anything in the game. Not to mention of level of freedom in missions, the only issue I have is with the detection system being messy, sometimes being detected in a room of 3 people would aggro only the room, some other times the entire palace is after your ass. Luckily, Syndicate came out and perfected the stealth system, not to mention it brought back the whistle and body carrying.

    Then, there's the combat. I feel like Unity's combat system, despite being buggy at times (ex. Arno not being able to block or attack during fight), was the best one we've got. It's a perfect balance between being too powerful or being too weak. Being an Assassin does not mean you could take in the world without being hit even once, which was the feeling I got when playing AC3. Being in an 1v4 seems fine, but reach 5 enemies with 2 of them being either the Defender or Elite archetype and Arno is going to face some serious trouble, even with the use of the God combo. In this installment, you actually felt like an Assassin, not a brawler, and actually knew that by engaging in all out combat with multiple enemies of similar level would be a risk, the enemies attack one after the other, forcing you to block them for a couple of turns until they stop, when numerous, some even step back and aim at you from far away to put you down.

    I could go on for a few more paragraphs, ranting about why I feel like these two games are the best ones gameplay-wise we've got, but I feel like this post is already bloated enough. I'm eager to learn about what the subreddit thinks of this topic though.

    submitted by /u/NCBlizzard
    [link] [comments]

    Why are Patriots patrolling with British regulars in Assassin's creed III?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 03:19 PM PDT

    I'm playing Assassin's creed III right now and i'm kinda confused about some events going on.

    As i know, in American revolution, Patriots were guys who united against British Government, whereas Loyalists were colonists who sided with Brits.

    But, in the Boston street's, they are patrolling together.

    Actually i'm not sure if they are Loyalists or just British regulars but anyways, it is still confusing for me to see Anti-britain guys patrolling with British soldiers... am i missing something?

    submitted by /u/_Kaneda
    [link] [comments]

    What are Jacobs canon weapons melee and gun

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 10:42 PM PDT

    Im pretty sure its the default cane swird but what about the gun?

    submitted by /u/clownin6969
    [link] [comments]

    I HATE being a bird.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    I'm playing through AC3 to AC Syndicate.

    I never played Tyranny of King Washington before but I have it with the remastered version so I'm playing through.

    It's pretty fun, I think the alternate timeline but I HATE being a bird.

    I hated being a bird at the beginning of AC3 and I hate being a bird in TOKW.

    I swear someone at Ubisoft went online and found the part of the AC3 that people were the most frustrated by (only two collisions as a bird) and decided to make it ever more of a pain in the butt (no collisions as a bird) in TOKW.

    AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I'm so FRUSTRATED!

    submitted by /u/IrishMetal
    [link] [comments]

    Which Assassin’s Creed character would you like to see return.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 10:24 AM PDT

    There are many characters that have been added to the series and some of are really interesting.

    submitted by /u/Lukegaming9000
    [link] [comments]

    Would an AC game set between 00AD - 30AD (during life of Jesus) Jerusalem work?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 06:54 AM PDT

    Seen as the series is now exploring all time periods and has recently gone pretty far back, would a game set in Roman Jerusalem during the time of Jesus work? I think it would be a pretty cool game, in one if the most history rich locations in the world. The three major Abrahamic religions came from this area and so it is rich with history. Also during this time the middle East was highly militarized with the Romans.

    submitted by /u/CrankyEagle
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment