• Breaking News

    Friday, March 6, 2020

    Assassin's Creed This image encapsulates why Edward Kenway is my favorite Assassin since Ezio. He lost so much, but was able to keep going. One step more. One more horizon.

    Assassin's Creed This image encapsulates why Edward Kenway is my favorite Assassin since Ezio. He lost so much, but was able to keep going. One step more. One more horizon.


    This image encapsulates why Edward Kenway is my favorite Assassin since Ezio. He lost so much, but was able to keep going. One step more. One more horizon.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 11:32 AM PST

    Eastern Europe deserves more love

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 07:51 AM PST

    All the Assassin's Creed storylines in Western Europe, North America, Greece, and Northern Africa are fine and dandy, but personally I would love to see an AC centered around Eastern peoples. This might just be due to my own ancestry, but specifically a reenactment of the wars between Ukrainian Cossacks and the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (or against Turkish Tatars) from the 1600s/1700s, with an AC twist, would be dope. Throw in some references/portrayals of Catherine the Great and other significant Eastern European, Caucasian, or Turkish figures, and this AC game would be amazing. Hell, just imagine the storyline of the story of Taras Bulba (by Nikolai Gogol) with an AC twist - so much potential in Eastern Europe.

    submitted by /u/1323225MM
    [link] [comments]

    Ubisoft needs to be done with the Present Day stories

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 06:04 PM PST

    I feel like every time I play Assassin's Creed Odyssey (or any Assassin's Creed game since the end of Desmond's story) it takes me out of "the zone" when I am pulled out of the Animus. There's not really a need for the present day stories anymore, because there's barely a story to it. At least with Desmond, there was a story to it, and Desmond even talked to Ezio once or twice. And I even didn't hate the Assassin's Creed IV precent day because it still felt like the wrap up to Desmond's story.

    But there's no longer a need for the Present day stories because the main character outside the Animus isn't someone we get connected to very much, and there's no real story there.

    submitted by /u/Penguincop24
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Loss of Expression

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 08:57 AM PST

    I am making this post after finishing my nth revisit of Assassin's Creed II because after spending countless hours in the world a lot of aspects started to really stick out to me, which specifically relate to how immersed I am whenever I traverse the cities in this game compared to trekking across the countries in Origins and Odyssey. And this is not a post made so I can compare the titles and criticize them, rather bring up important things I loved about the older games that if implemented in the current games would add what many feel is missing.

    Whenever Ezio breaks societal norms and enters high profile, the game throws many visual and auditory cues at the player to let them know they are doing something out of the ordinary. NPCs chattering in casual conversation pause to stop and make remarks about your behavior, guards will warn you that you are stepping out of line, a tiny bit of bar is added to your notoriety meter if you trigger their "suspicion" state (which I had not noticed before) and the way the city is laid out with all the connected ledges and beams means that you really feel like a Brotherhood Assassin, you really feel like you are someone special doing extraordinary things. This is really what made me enjoy simply moving around space not doing anything because even with no direct goal in mind I could still immerse myself into the Assassin fantasy with ease.

    Now if you look at a game like Origins, a lot of what lent well to that feeling is simply missing or has been toned down due to Ubisoft's new goal of creating bigger, more environmentally diverse areas within a massive world. When you walk past NPCs you hear repeated voice lines in a language you cannot understand, parkour traversal across buildings does not always have fluid transitions due to the focus on buildings spaced accurately rather than authentically and there is no penalty for doing so and overall Bayek just feels fully grounded within the world as a regular person and not that "special someone" the player should feel like they are. This makes traversing long stretches of land to feel mundane, or feel like a chore, because you have no way of getting creative to reach your destination and the world does not acknowledge your interactions at all in a way that is clear.

    I get this game and Odyssey are set before the Creed and people might use that as justification for the lack of all of these things but the fact of the matter is that it is Ubisoft's approach world design that is limiting them in adding all of these features and it is not simply due to a in-universe constraint. And if their goal is to keep crafting these sorts of countries instead of limiting the games to cities in the future, I fully support it as long as they are doing it the right way. Because you can do so much with a massive world - they are already far stronger in terms of historical detail and education compared to the previous games which is great for fans of history but they lack any sort of information on various landmarks in the form of a database nor are a lot of the areas handcrafted enough to feel worthwhile to visit and fully explore in detail. If they just worked on scrapping all of the empty space in between destinations and packed these worlds tighter, people who like playing AC for the history can have fun exploring a more densely packed, interesting world and those who are more interested in the AC universe can once again express themselves throughout the world in cities and locales that are specifically made to be their playgrounds.

    I kept this post pretty short and simple so the gist of the topic is easy to digest for readers, but I have a lot more thoughts on this and potential solutions to the problems I see so I'd love to see people's thoughts about it in the comments. I have no idea what Ubisoft's plan for the series is moving forwards but I definitely think making all players really have the ability to feel like they are an Assassin outside of arbitrary stealth abilities is going to work wonders for people's investment in the worlds they create.

    submitted by /u/ps5lurker
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for beating legendary battles in AC:R?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 11:15 PM PST

    Can you guys give me tips for beating the legendary battles in rogue?

    submitted by /u/ChocoFu
    [link] [comments]

    I love the schools of fish in Odyssey that give the Mediterranean a lively atmosphere and terrifying sense of scale

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 11:45 AM PST

    What Do Egyptian NPCs Say In Assassin's Creed Origns

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 04:54 AM PST

    They always say same sentences and I want to know what they meant to say, does anyone know ?

    submitted by /u/EastWestman
    [link] [comments]

    The only thing that bums me out in Black Flag is the lack of hood wearing during boarding

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 01:18 PM PST

    Man, I just wanted to be as badass as Edward was in the trailers during naval combat. I get that he doesn't need to have his hood on during those fights but it would just make the cool factor skyrocket

    submitted by /u/AshtonWarrens
    [link] [comments]

    Syndicate’s backstory makes no sense

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 03:08 PM PST

    So this is something I'm trying to figure out. The Frye twins seem to be pretty well known assassins, right? So why does it seem like Jacob doesn't take anything seriously? Is it a coping thing, or is it because that's just his personality?

    submitted by /u/lt_Matthew
    [link] [comments]

    Should I replay AC Origins before playing The Hidden Ones?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 06:20 PM PST

    I'm pretty embarrassed that I never played the Hidden Ones especially after all of the great reviews it got. After I played odyssey, I pretty much went on a rampage of playing all the other ACs. Now I want to go back and play the Hidden Ones, but is there any important context that is covered in the campaign that is crucial for understanding anything in the DLC?

    It's been about 2 years since I last played Origins and I remember a very general summary of it. I would play on New Game+ to make it much easier and quicker.

    submitted by /u/Ar3mianK1d
    [link] [comments]

    What happens just when at the end of the DLC of ac odyssey? SPOILERS

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 04:47 PM PST

    SPOILER- DO NOT READ AFTER THIS IF YOU DIDN'T FINISH THE DLC

    So I am a little bit puzzled, I finish what I think it was the last mission of the Atlantis, I destroy it and get back, leave orbg unconscious and ??? I am missing something or they really stop here the history and it will continue in the next game?

    The only thing that I miss right now is to kill the "master" of the kosmos cult.

    I think it was by far the best DLC content created, but if they finish the DLC like that for me is such a fail...

    submitted by /u/verocat123
    [link] [comments]

    AC game based on the sacking of Rome

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 02:16 AM PST

    An assassin's creed game where the 189 swiss guards are actually assassins and the mercenaries are employed by the templars

    PS: I really haven't thought about it deeply enough but I am interested in those who would agree

    submitted by /u/AllegroPlains35
    [link] [comments]

    Your Opinion on "Series Fatigue"

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 05:25 AM PST

    So, as I began to play AC Revelations for the first time, I became tired of the game pretty soon in. This is due to how similar the game feels to brotherhood, which itself felt like an improved version of ac2. This caused me to take a break from the game and return to origins to do some sidequests and I began to enjoy that game much more because of how different it was. This caused me to look back at reviews for the classic era of games in the series.

    One common increasing trend I saw up to syndicate (and oddly enough one of origins), was people saying that they are tired of the series because of how similar the games were to each other. While I am beginning to see why this is so, I want to know what is your opinion on this, especially those who claim they want the series to return to the pre-origins gameplay. Have you felt series fatigue at one point due to how similar the games were, and if so, how would you improve upon the old game style to differentiate the games enough to given them a breath of fresh air.

    submitted by /u/Monic_maker
    [link] [comments]

    Someone pls help me with Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered HDR

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 02:44 PM PST

    I need help with how to set it out, Ubisoft dont give any recommendation or orientation so Im asking here, my TV is a Samsung Series 7 43 inch, can you guys give me some help pls?

    submitted by /u/GokuDosGames
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on the combat mechanics in Odyssey?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 08:31 AM PST

    Curious what the general opinion is regarding the changes to combat/level/skilltree system in Odyssey. I have seen a lot of posts here requesting combat from the older games to make a return, which I would agree should be done and can be tweaked to still present a challenge without easily steamrolling 20 enemies in 5 seconds like the counter-chain system in the Ezio trilogy.

    Personally, I am not a huge fan of how the boss/miniboss fights throughout the game feel like Dark Souls boss encounters, kiting, having to perfect dodge big attacks, and taking pokes where I can afford to do them without taking a ton of damage.

    I'm ok with this combat style when playing Souls games (I like those games and the challenge they present) but I'm annoyed by the execution in AC Odyssey, and I'm not sure why Ubisoft seems to think this is the type of combat players wanted going forward. Combat in AC games does not need to be Souls-like to be challenging and i'm not sure where they got the impression that that's what long-time/dedicated fans wanted. This on top of the leveling system (yes I know you can change it via difficulty and level gaps) makes fighting larger foes even at the same level or a couple lower than a drag.

    I think Origins had a good balance of different combat to make it more challenging while also being able to do decent damage to bosses without having to do a Warrior damage focused builds like in Odyssey (because warrior/assassin/hunter damage wasn't a thing). As a player that wants to focus on stealth, I made my primary focus in Odyssey around Assassin damage etc. But this makes the story essential boss fights super annoying to defeat because I do very little damage because I don't have a combat centered build.

    Apologies if this was a bit lengthy. Just wanted to air this topic out there and see if I was alone in this opinion or if it's a more widespread pain point throughout the community.

    submitted by /u/Glatius_Maximus
    [link] [comments]

    I'm going to be playing the ezio collection for the first time

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 01:49 PM PST

    I have tried the 3 ezio games on last gen consoles but I simply could not get used to the control scheme, as I am very sensitive to non intuitive controls. But hopefully soon I'm gonna be upgrading to a current gen console which has button remapping, so I will finally be able to experience these classic games. I have so far only been able to play the AC games with the controls first introduced in AC 3. 3 was too boring for me too finish, black flag honestly was just too much boat action for my tastes, I love rogue though and while I didn't get too far in syndicate back when briefly had a xbox one, I really loved that as well, as it was a big step up from from unity. I will also be trying origins as well. I hope the ezio games live up to their reputation. Since I'm gonna be playing on an xbox one, can anyone tell me if the control remapping works well for the trilogy? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Mikecirca81
    [link] [comments]

    Id love to play as a Portuguese man visiting the east for the first time.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 09:59 AM PST

    I'm not a fan of the fedual Japan idea (but that's a different conversation) but I think it would be awesome to play as a traveler that is seeing things through the eyes of one of the first westerners to see the east.

    submitted by /u/Witcher797
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking about playing Revelations, but one thing is making me hesitate

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 01:42 PM PST

    I'm wondering if it's possible to just play through the main quest line and not miss any interesting narrative content. I'd like to skip all the side stuff this time and just enjoy the story because doing all that in II and Brotherhood was ultimately draining for me.

    I've read that there's some first-person platforming sequences with Desmond that you can unlock by collecting stuff, but is that really worth it, or is it just better to watch that on YouTube (if it even adds anything to the story)? For reference, I didn't think it was personally worth it to do all the Subject 16 puzzles in Brotherhood and just watched the conclusion of that on YouTube.

    I did like exploring the Romulus Lairs in Brotherhood, though, so if there's something similar in Revelations (i.e., there's hidden tombs where you do a bunch of platforming and find treasure), I think that might be worth doing. Otherwise really the only reason I'm interested in playing Revelations is to wrap up Ezio's story and because I just like leisurely platforming/exploring the game world.

    submitted by /u/connorcinnamonroll
    [link] [comments]

    I got a game concept

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 12:22 PM PST

    How about this. You start as neither assassins nor Templar, you make decisions just like odyssey, except your decisions decide whether you become assassin or Templar at the end.

    Again this is just an idea, not very well developed but an idea nonetheless

    submitted by /u/Reganchurchiam
    [link] [comments]

    I think there could be a Wild West or Mongolian AC game

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 11:45 AM PST

    While replaying AC Black Flag I was reading some emails between the Abstergo Agents about Desmond's DNA and the different time periods to explore from his ancestors. The emails include a chart of time periods from his family (the series has visited all but three of them) and some artwork for the time periods, but what made me curious was at the end of the emails one of the Abstergo workers wrote "I'm talking Jack the Ripper in Victorian London. I'm talking about guillotines, Robespierre and Napoleon Bonaparte in the French Revolution? I'm talking about Billy the Kidd and Wyatt Earp in the Wild American West. I'm talking about Ghengis Kahn and the Mongols killing a city of millions in the span of a long, summer weekend."

    Does anyone think that maybe Ubisoft might do these in the future? The emails also spoke of Egypt (Origin) and seeing them mention other games in the series I think it might be something they would try.

    submitted by /u/RheBroussard
    [link] [comments]

    How Ubi could have linked Connor’s story with Shay and Arno (Part 1)

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 06:30 AM PST

    After killing charles lee, Connor decides to track the one who has nearly brought the downfall of the colonial brotherhood, with enough information, Connor finds shay establishing the templar order in London, Connor took a ship from America to England, but on his way, a storm happened and the ship sunk, Connor found himself in normandy, barely able to walk,bypassers found him lying on the beach, so they took him to their house and took care of him, they started asking him questions, but Connot didn't understand french, and in his little stay, he read some books and learned the language, to be able to speak with his saviors, he asked them if they know any place where he can travel on a ship, they told him the it was just here in normandy, but his papers and all that shall be done in paris, so Connor had no choice but to ride in the carriage with the man he was talking to, once they got there,Connor thanked the man for all he did to him, and told him he's good om his own, from now on, Connor searched for ways he can go back to England, and on his way, he heard a crowd cheering for the execution of somebody, Connor got closer and closer to see, and to his surprise that person was wearing an Assassin necklace, without hesitation Connor jumped on top of a guard stabbing him with his hidden blade that he didn't lose, he pulled out his throwing knives and headshotted the other two guards, liberating the Assassin and they quickly escaped the area ti find a safer one, while running they heard gunshots and to their surprise it was the guards following them, the Assassin acted quickly and told Arno to dive into the seine river, confused, the guards didn't look much and thought that they were dead, after a couple of minutes the Assassin and Connor hide under a bridge ,discussing what just happened, the Assassin couldn't thank him enough, as he was only sent to Assassinate a politician, which was a failed attempt, Connor quickly asked the young assassin to show him their hideout, the assassin hesitated at first but eventually brought him there, Connor met with their leaders and bashed them (verbally) for sending an untrained Assassin to kill a politician, they quickly started comparing him to Arno and shamed him, confused by that he asked for the identity of Arno, they gave him enough information to go on about and search for him, Connor entered a bar, and saw the guy drunk with some whores around him, he quickly grabbed Arnor and told him to get his shit together, took some time but eventually he was sober, and asked Arno for the reason of his presence, he said he was curious about him and that he is on a mission to kill a templar leader, Arno seemed angry at first as he was banished from the brotherhood, but he still declared himself an Assassin, Connor then told him that Shay killed a persom called "Charles Dorian", Connor asked if he was related to him, Arno told him that he was his father, he went to ready himself up, grabbing his hidden blades Assassin cloak, Arno was ready to embark on a new journey. If you guys enjoyed reading this one tell me if i should do more

    submitted by /u/JustAredditUser69
    [link] [comments]

    Took my sweet ass time to recreate Florence from Assassin's Creed 2 with low poly assets from the game. It's not finished or 1:1, but god damn it's beautiful. Ubisoft, please make an Assassin's Creed VR game and let us revisit these worlds you created.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 09:41 PM PST

    I always thought that Assassin's Creed was going to stay going forward in time after the reveal of AC 3. I kinda wished they stayed on course with that because I then had this grand vision that we were gonna slowly build up to get the modern ac game that had the setting of when Desmond was alive.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 04:48 AM PST

    I'll start off by saying that I've played everything except Rogue, Liberation, and chronicles. One of the most entertaining and curiosity-filled anticipations I had with each game was what next era we were gonna go forward with, and with that, the innovations that came with that period that the assassins could use to their benefit. It felt exciting to keep heading in that direction like we were watching a full history breakdown, that I thought, would lead us into the eventual modern setting that was established at the very beginning of the franchise.

    So very early on I had that idea in my head, and every game proved that to me time and time again, but when origins, and then odyssey, and subsequently the new AC vikings game, I tore down that plan and now I feel there isn't a road map for the franchise anymore but just stories to tell at random. They are not even going further backwards (which i'm not complaining about because the furthest limit was origins in my opinion (Odyssey had no assassins so there was no compelling narrative for me)) as the new vikings game is after origins so my point is that, everything right now just feels like timelines and alternate universes that Ubisoft could take. It's ofcourse too early to tell where the series is heading until we complete the vikings game and see what the next game is but that's my view of it right now.

    There was also that tiny crossover between AC 4 and Watch Dogs that I now really want it to be a thing. A crossover game between them where it satisfies exactly what I want. Us being an assassin, among the modern society in which we could use our gadgets and hacks, to defeat the templars. This wishfull game is pretty much gold for me.

    Yeah, that's pretty much all I had to say. I didn't feel I needed to touch other reasons why staying forward might have been a better idea because the majority of you already know why. There will be people saying that it wouldn't end up being a good financial deal in the long run because their cash cow will end there in the modern utopia but I disagree because I think then the Origins introduction and the following other games would give it new life in a fresh new take on Assassin's Creed.

    On a side note, I also wanna say that my ideal assassin would be Connor from AC 3. I think of him because when I envision the qualities of an assassin, the character traits that come to me foremost is Modesty, Wisdom, and Skill in their craft. Everything else is what differentiates them from others, so my top 3 going down are Bayek, Connor, then Ezio.

    submitted by /u/Superblaze4
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment