• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 7, 2020

    Assassin's Creed I made another Ezio fanart! :)

    Assassin's Creed I made another Ezio fanart! :)


    I made another Ezio fanart! :)

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 07:24 PM PST

    There's a recent resurgence of love for unity, but why not for syndicate?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 05:54 AM PST

    Many people lately seam to gush over how great unity is. I have no problem with that, but I don't understand why people still seam to think so lowly of syndicate. From my experiences with both games, syndicate is just so much more fun and and improves on unity on almost every level; I'm not even talking about the performance issues of of unity either. Unity's story and main character were just very boring and bland imo. The combat was just a mess, even taking into account what they were trying to do with the new combat system. While I like what they were trying to do with the stealth in unity, the insane enemy AI just made it impossible a lot of the time. The side missions were boring and very samey, plus for me the biggest sin is they only have the french revolution simply as a backdrop, as in the actual story and gameplay it's never really something that the game does anything with other then window dressing.

    Whereas syndicate has so much personality and energy. The twins are such fun characters and full of life. The plot of taking over London by building your own crime empire by crippling the Templars, which in turn actually has unintentional consequences you can see throughout the world is really fantastic and more memorable then anything I encountered in unity. Combat was much more intuitive and fun as well, I will give unity the credit though for weapon variety and overall customization. Also syndicate brought back whistling and proper free aiming for weapons. Going through windows isn't torture anymore as well. Plus the side quests to me are just better and more memorable, and the horse carriages they added were loads of fun. The only thing about syndicate I don't like at all is that for some inexplicable reason there's only like 10 npc models so your constantly seeing the same guy over and over again.

    So I have to wonder why is unity, which was hated for years and is now being adored, why is syndicate not having the same thing happen to it? So many people said that gameplay wise it's pretty much unity anyway, so what gives?

    submitted by /u/Mikecirca81
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoiler] Did Juno really deserve this fate?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 04:47 PM PST

    I just really don't think it's justified that Ubisoft killed off Juno in the AC: Uprising comic. It's like they removed Juno so that they can milk the franchise forever. But Juno deserved so much better. The least she deserved was to die on our SCREENS as we played the games! Not in some comic book! They built her story for almost half a decade and I'll be honest, the modern day story had always intrigued me and with every game, I so looked forward to Juno's story. I just can't fathom the thought that she died in a comic, and that this is how Ubisoft treats Desmond's sacrifice. It should have been a glorious moment on our screens. I don't think I'll forgive Ubisoft for this.

    P.S: I just created a petition xD If you guys can, please sign up! The least we can do is gather all the people who agree that Juno deserved a better fate and show it to Ubisoft that these many people agree with Juno having a better fate. Here's the link: Juno's fate petition

    submitted by /u/redfurryunicorn
    [link] [comments]

    What are your favourite NPC quotes in the series?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 06:10 PM PST

    Some of mine are:

    "High Precision, Garreh!" Or "He must be late...and she must be beautiful."

    What are yours?

    submitted by /u/MegaBoschi
    [link] [comments]

    The problem some fans have of the newer games is somewhat similar to how some zelda fans feel about breath of the wild

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 04:17 PM PST

    I'm much more of a zelda fan and have played every game, whereas I've only been able to play 5 AC game so far. I haven't yet been really able to play the ezio games or origins or Odyssey, but I've been paying a lot of attention to how many are regarding every game since 3 but especially the since the last 2 came out. Some of us Zelda fans feel very similar to the latest zelda game, Breath of the Wild. It too was made when the developers felt the old formula was getting stale and the last game in the series didn't sell well. It also added a lot of rpg elements that zelda has never had before. In fact some would say that they changed so much in this new game is not even a zelda game. The only difference really is even people like me who feel this way about breath of the wild, or BOTW for short, we still feel it's an amazing game, one of the best of all time, where as some here think the newer games are just terrible simply as games.

    For people like me the problem with botw isn't what was added, it what was taken out. Series staples such as massive dungeons, special items and metroid like progression were simpler gone altogether. The story is also much less important then in the other games. If they simply added every thing they did but kept the series staples I would have been thrilled and there would be nothing to talk about. I feel for assassin's creed the same applies. I think well implemented rpg additions would work fine as long as classic elements such as a strong emphasis on stealth, modern day, likable characters, actual parkour and so on were still around. There's really no reason to add a bunch of stuff but also take out series staples.

    Maybe Ubisoft had the right intentions to revitalized the series for the fans, but regardless they have lost the favor of many, and as a Zelda fan with the knowledge Nintendo is not ever planning to go back to the classic formula, even if botw was massively successful, I can't help but feel some kinship with with the naysayers, since I'm part of a very small minority in the zelda fan base. I hopefully soon will be able to play the ezio games, I can't say I will prefer them simply becuase they are the way the series started, but I think I will prefer the "feel" of the way the games were meant to be more, if that makes sense.

    submitted by /u/Mikecirca81
    [link] [comments]

    I wish Ratonhnhaké:ton had a canoe instead of a ship

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 08:11 PM PST

    Title says it all really. They give us a setting of the Hudson Valley, bits of the Great Lakes Basin, the St Lawrence River. And there are many rivers and waterways throughout the Frontier and Boston and New York.

    Ratonhnhaké:ton having a canoe fits his Indigenous story of the Colonial Wars way more than being saddled with a British (its British, right?) frigate.

    Mechanically, something akin to now God of War, of using the canoe as traversal more than a horse... which really just makes more sense in the river-plenty, forest-dense 13 Colonies.

    Paddling downstream, navigating rapids, using waterways as getaways for assassinations, a focus on seizing forts along the river and coast. Stealthing up to a British or Colonial frigate in your silent canoe, using that tomahawk in all its glory.

    But I guess Ubisoft was paving the way for Black Flag, more than giving Ratonhnhaké:ton his fair share. I wish he got the canoe he deserved.

    submitted by /u/markthequest
    [link] [comments]

    A quick run-down of events that lead to the Great Recoinage of 1696, the setting for the Assassin's Creed Gold audio drama.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 09:01 AM PST

    Prometheus’s Sika vs Mallet of everlasting flame

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 11:28 PM PST

    I just got the mallet of everlasting flame in the game. So i have one question: which weapon is better? Should i use the prometheus' sika with the permanent fire engraving? Or should i use the mallet with a damage engraving?

    submitted by /u/MrTGH
    [link] [comments]

    AC origins community events

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 11:13 PM PST

    How much more time before they stop doing these? I won't be able to play the game until summer and I'm really hoping I can have the opportunity to obtain the Anubis armors

    submitted by /u/clappingcheeks6969
    [link] [comments]

    My Gripe About Assassin's Creed Combat

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 09:01 AM PST

    Personally I'm not the biggest fan of the combat in both Origins and Odyssey. To be completely honest don't think it's horrible, and once you get the hang of it, it can be actually pretty entertaining, it's just not what I personally want in an AC game. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I miss the old combat system. There's something so rewarding about the Arkham counter based combat to me. I see a lot of people who complain about enemies 'waiting for their turn' which is definitely valid, but the Shadow of Mordor series has really taken this combat system and actually improved on it a lot. In Shadow of War especially, I never feel like enemies are waiting to attack. In fact, it can actually be pretty stressful fending off a group of 30 orcs. It make's me feel actually feel like a one man army rather than just a person playing a video game just hacking and slashing at my foes. The Witcher 3 also has combat somewhat in the same realm. Maybe it's just me but I would really like to see the combat in Assassin's Creed improve upon it's predecessors rather than play another game with Dark Souls combat.

    submitted by /u/DarthMercer
    [link] [comments]

    My copy of the Americas Collection isn't working hoping you guys could help.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 08:15 PM PST

    Hello! I recently got Assassins Creed: The Americas Collection and tried playing it but it's not working? It's not showing up on the PS3 console at all. The console makes a sound after a few seconds after putting the disk in but that's it, nothing else. I couldn't find anyone else with this problem online, so I'd thought I'd contact you guys. I tried contacting Ubisoft support but they weren't very helpful, hope you can help Thanks!

    submitted by /u/SickleStars
    [link] [comments]

    My opinion/theory: The main character in Odyssey is a bad person.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 11:13 PM PST

    All Assassin's Creed protagonists are flawed. Some were playboys, some belonged to ancient orders, some were pirates and revolutionaries, but all killed people. This already taints them as idols. But many good people kill and it is just a video game. This is true, while some kinds of killing are worse than others as is the case of the misthios from Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

    In the previous games, your character would kill members of militaries. This was from the invading redcoats, legionaries, and crusaders, to the guards for the corrupt Borgia and . But the characters usually had to take a side. In Assassin's Creed Odyssey, your character kills people on both sides of the war. These are soldiers who have lost enough already only to be killed by someone who they thought was their ally. Yes "war is hell"-Tecumseh Sherman and people have to die, but it should never be fun like the misthios acts like it is. The misthios killing soldiers from both sides shows that he/she doesn't fight for what he/she believes, but because of sadism. Killing unnamed people is bad, but so is killing those on lists.

    Murdering people for being in a cult is immoral. Yes the cult was bad and should have been overthrown, but at the cost of each member dying? The previous games had the main character killing templars for being in the movement. The difference is that they did know the name of who they killed, why they were evil, and even talked with them after killing. "Requiescat in Pace" is a phrase that differentiates ruthless savagery with honor and justice. In Odyssey, your character just kills people for simply being members of a cult. He/she reads clues, locates them, kills them, and walks away like nothing happened. There is a chance the person wasn't even a member of the cult and just was with them for a little bit. This is immoral behavior.

    I hope you liked my mini-essay. I had a bit of fun and insight while writing this. Yes I know this is just a video game and won't cause any real violence, but no harm in reading. Which character do you think is most immoral?

    submitted by /u/Phuxsea
    [link] [comments]

    AC Unity - Will it ruin my fun if I skip the 2 and 3 diamond gear to save for 4 diamond gear?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 07:17 PM PST

    Will it make the low level missions too easy?

    submitted by /u/scaptomyza
    [link] [comments]

    The great fire of London

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 09:45 AM PST

    Do u think there should be a game based in 1666 when the great fire of London was and the Templars or assassins set the fire?

    submitted by /u/AX15Dark
    [link] [comments]

    What is everybody’s favourite AC game and why?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 09:10 AM PST

    Let's keep it respectful to people's opinions, if someone doesn't agree with you don't unleash the Apple of Eden on them (unless it's odyssey then go ahead)

    submitted by /u/imcalledharrison
    [link] [comments]

    Why are people so against a fully modern day assassins creed?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 07:12 AM PST

    I know the idea is often met with a lot of criticism but if we want to actually move the modern day plot it may be our only hope. Even during the Desmond saga I felt like the modern day just didnt live up to its potential. Sure it was better then what we have now but we still only got like 40 or so minutes of it a game. It was good but it felt like it was teasing the possibility of something much greater. Hell we never even really met the assassins brotherhood in its fullest. I want to see a buero, a couple assassins walking around wearing hoods and actually get to know what they're doing against abstergo and actually go on genuine missions like the few in AC3. I know we've met assassins but I never got a sense that we were in a brotherhood just that we were a few freedom resistance fighters, which yeah the brotherhood is really small by modern day but it's not non existant. We could even build it up AC brotherhood style. I know gameplay would have to be altered by even then I dont think it would be drastic, give us the old combat system but with smaller knives and weapons. Guns? Ac syndicate had a ton of guns but they made the combat system (sorta) work. Tweak it up a little and it could be great.

    I also love the idea of walking around a city previously visited in assassins creed but this time it being fully modernized like in brotherhood. Imagine walking around a Paris or London that still has the same basic layout from unity or syndicate.

    submitted by /u/broji04
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin’s creed syndicate on ps4

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 07:34 PM PST

    Can I use a keyboard and mouse for this game?

    submitted by /u/little_yeeet
    [link] [comments]

    Why did they suddenly limited use of weapons in black flag and rogue?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 09:30 AM PST

    In AC3, you had your tomahawk, big axe, sword, dagger, blunt weapon.

    But in AC4, we are suddenly stuck with dual swords only and only way to use other weapon is to disarm enemies and take their weapons.

    Why did ubisoft suddenly made decision like this?

    submitted by /u/Baron012
    [link] [comments]

    Hey ho! Game concept idea

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 07:38 AM PST

    This prolly been done loads of times but how about abstergo is trying to erase history so it looks as if the assassins never existed and the Templar were the true heroes of history. The game will be you hacking into the abstergo servers and find a way to prove that the assassins did exist. You will get to play through every assassin, from Altair to ...... alexios/ Kassandra

    Again, this is just an idea

    submitted by /u/Reganchurchiam
    [link] [comments]

    If you want to play the Assassin's Creed games chronologically this is the order :

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 12:42 PM PST

    Few spoilers but not related to the story too much.

    1.Assassin's Creed Odyssey - takes place in 431 BC

    2.Assassin's Creed Origins - takes place in 49 BC

    3.Assassin's Creed - takes place in 1191-1193 AD

    4.Assassin's Creed II - takes place in 1476 - 1499 AD

    5.Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - takes place in 1499 - 1507

    6.Assassin's Creed Revelations - takes place in 1510 - 1524

    Assassin's Creed II,Brotherhood and Revelations are all connected and follow the story of Ezio Auditore da Firenze

    7.Assassin's Creed Black Flag - takes place in 1715 - 1722

    8.Assassin's Creed Rogue - 1752 - 1763

    9.Assassin's Creed 3 - takes place in 1770 - 1783 ,but the first 3 sequences take place in 1754

    10.Assassin's Creed Unity - takes place in 1789 - 1794

    Assassin's Creed Black Flag,Rogue,3 and Unity are all connected,mainly 3 and Rogue

    11.Assassin's Creed Syndicate - takes place in 1868

    submitted by /u/walkie79
    [link] [comments]

    How do U restart ACU on PC?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 02:51 PM PST

    So I need to restart Unity on my PC and I know that I have to fine a file ( I believe its called 720, correct me if im wrong) but I don't know how to find it and how to do the rest. Please help.

    submitted by /u/banzaihead
    [link] [comments]

    Got the Origins Gold Edition, Store Weapons?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 08:04 AM PST

    I got the Gold Edition on sale and it comes with Helic Credits. Got the map location pack and have 300 credits left. How are the sword in the store? Have not familiar with this style of Assassins creed. The Hercules sword looks like the best but I figured I would ask. Apologies in advance if this a pointless question.

    submitted by /u/KingofGrapes7
    [link] [comments]

    Stupid question- can I see healthbars without seeing enemies through walls?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 07:02 AM PST

    I started playing odyssey and found that the HUD is too overpowered.

    I avoided using Ikaros for anything other than marking the general landscape and turned off most of the HUD, but I ran into a problem when I started trying to recruit people unto my ship- The only way to do this is to know when they're ALMOST dead and then knocking them out, but this means enabling the healthbars... And whenever I enable healthbars, I can see a big marker that shows not only the enemy health, but his position through walls, which I must say, really ruins any challenge in stealth.

    Am I missing something? is there a way to see healthbars but having them not display pursuing enemies through walls or if far away? Right now I'm enabling the hud whenever a fight occurs and then disabling it again when I'm trying to sneak about, but this begins to be somewhat of an annoyance after some time.

    submitted by /u/OfficialEpicPixel
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment