• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 18, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Free Weekend (March 19-22) - Everything you need to know!

    Assassin's Creed Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Free Weekend (March 19-22) - Everything you need to know!


    Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Free Weekend (March 19-22) - Everything you need to know!

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 01:35 PM PDT

    Assassin's creed odyssey free weekend March 19-22

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 09:13 AM PDT

    Odyssey as a standalone game would be 10x better

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 04:40 PM PDT

    Even though I really liked Odyssey, I can't help but feel like having to play by the AC universe rules made some parts of this game pretty underwhelming. If the game was in it's own mystical universe (or even a shared universe with the upcoming viking game) where gods and magical creatures were real instead of just being Isu projections, that would have made the experience so much better for me. Having the Eagle Bearer be an actual descendant of Zues would be incredible! The underworld dlc would also hold much more significance since the events would be real to the game universe instead of just a simulation, especially the part about our favorite ancient Greek orphan companion :')

    TL;DR: if Odyssey cut the modern day and went full mythological fantasy it would make a good game even better

    submitted by /u/samuraijosh_
    [link] [comments]

    For the next AC, can we please decide if we want to wield a shield or not?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    I hated the fact I can't remove that hilarious tiny shield from my back in Origins. Then we moved to the spartan / greek conflicts in Odyssey, portraying the world's perhaps most badass shields ever made, we played as a descendant of Leonidas himself and for whatever reason, we can't pick up a single shield. Most likely because there was a higher up decision about wanting to speed up how the combat feels.

    Just an idea, in a franchise that prides itself in letting us free in these huge sandboxes (which ceased to be true from the moment they introduced level gating eras, which is another thing I dislike, why can't we have level ups just give us skill points and not lock us away from exploring 90% of the game world on start?), maybe let us decide in what kind of speed we want to approach conflicts?

    Believe me if I find shield using unfun, I won't use it. But taking the decision and the right whether or not I can try it is not okay.

    submitted by /u/_Constellations_
    [link] [comments]

    Origins is slightly better than Odyssey

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 06:53 PM PDT

    I am at level 50, 85 hours in, with 75% or so of the map cleared. I can safely say Origins is a slightly better game in most regards.

    Graphics quality: about the same

    Scenery: Egypt is more dramatic than Greece, which seems more monotonous as a result

    Gameplay: I prefer Origins' darts and poison. Clearing a map "Coronavirus style" is just too satisfying. Odyssey has nothing comparable.

    Story elements: Odyssey wins this one. I always liked choiced dialogue. Good innovation.

    Story plot: about the same.

    I have updated my ranking website to reflect this.

    https://assassinscreedranked.home.blog/

    submitted by /u/ilikevideogamesokay
    [link] [comments]

    Holy shit Shay Cormac looks fly af

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    I skipped AC Rogue because of the PC delay, but finally got to play it. Just started chapter 3 and my man looks so fucking good damn.

    On a side note it is so weird playing Rogue after finishing Odyssey, mainly the stiff movement, but I missed the old AC formula.

    submitted by /u/papanak94
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for players in AC Unity PS4

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 08:11 PM PDT

    Not sure if this is allowed to be posted. But I am looking for players who are willing to join me this week in all coop mission of Unity. I am trying to get my platinum trophy and alone it's either tough or boring.

    If you're interested, hmu Discord: Ruben#9657

    submitted by /u/RealRedChap
    [link] [comments]

    Young Ezio isn't really smooth he's just hot.

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    To clarify Ezio is smooth af in Revelations. He truly aged like a fine wine. But young Ezio, especially in AC2, isn't really what a lot of fan boys want to make him out to be.

    I wouldn't go as far as to say he's cringey. He just a young guy who thinks he's a lot more charming than he really is. The only reason he gets laid is because he's a hot young guy, and the women he meets are willing to look past his awkward attempts at flirting.

    I don't see this as a character flaw. It's endearing. I just think the fan base is a little off the mark with their characterization of him.

    submitted by /u/resurrected_kitten
    [link] [comments]

    They really don’t know how to make boss fights

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    The pharaohs dlc was brilliant but the boss fights completely ruined it where I just cheesed them because their strength was way too overpowered and didn't allow mistakes

    Now on odyssey on the boar and it just constantly spawns little ones that attack from all directions with no warning so you can't possibly preempt it. Again great game but the boss fights are literally atrocious.

    submitted by /u/Maladict26
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Sharing Items Purchased With Helix Credits?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    Hey! So I am BRAND new to Reddit. If I'm posting this the wrong way, please forgive me.

    With the formality out of the way, my question: I've bought quite a few of the gear packs, the mounts, etc. from the store with Helix Credits. My girlfriend is just starting Odyssey, on her own console, on her own PSN. Is there any way that I can log into my PSN on her console, to get her access to the items I've purchased? Or would she have to purchase them herself/drop them from the Oikos?

    If there IS a way to give her access to my purchases, can someone please walk me through that process? Thanks guys!

    submitted by /u/overtaker99
    [link] [comments]

    What AC3 Naval did better that AC4

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 05:12 AM PDT

    Ac3, Ac4, and Rogue all have fun naval combat. However after playing both recently I noticed some things in Ac3 that I wish were in four or what four could have done better.

    Cannons- The cannons in Ac3 felt much more powerful than the cannons of the Jackdaw or the Morrigan, although Rogue had slightly better ones. The shot rips through the air and decks of your ship, destroying cannons and killing crewmen. When you shoot, you feel the power of the cannons as they all simultaneously fire. Realistically you wouldn't be able to see the cannonballs when firing but it is still better than AC4's seemingly floating cannonballs. Cannons also have gun crews and reloading sequences, which is absent from both Rogue and 4.

    Sailors- A problem that I had with Ac4 and Rogue was the absence of proper sailors from the crews of enemy ships. You fought the same soldiers that you fight on land on the ships as well. I always felt that this takes away the immersion. Ac3's few boarding fights had sailors. They were not all armed with cutlasses, actually, very few were. Many had boarding axes, a common weapon in naval combat. This is one little thing that I liked about Ac3's naval that I wish was in Ac4's.

    Your Crew- Although they are not singing catchy shanty's one Ac3, they are moving around the deck of your ship keeping busy. When in battle they are reloading cannons and some of them even die. Also your officers beside the quartermaster are actually unique and you feel more connected to them as they are not regular seamen. I feel that this gave Ac4 much more immersion.

    Sailing- Sailing was not perfect by any means in any of the games here, however, I prefer some aspects of Ac3's sailing over Ac4's. The reason I prefer it is because the Aquila in Ac3 felt heavy, you felt the weight of the guns firing and you get the clunky ness of the large ship. The Jackdaw and Morrigan never had this feel. Before you say that the Jackdaw was smaller, which it was, it was still armed with over forty cannon! Mind you the Jackdaw was a brig, the Aquila, with 60 guns, is on par with third rate ships of the line. I never felt the weight of the cannons on any ship but the Aquila. This one is more preference based on what you like. I like feeling the weight of the ship. Even though the Aquila was too fast for her size, the Jackdaw and the Morrigan felt like speedboats.

    I wish some of these features in Ac3 found their way into Rogue and 4. Nevertheless, I still enjoy them all.

    submitted by /u/Shamrock2219
    [link] [comments]

    Any help on The Truth trophy in AC Liberation Remastered?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    I'm trying to find all Citizen E's that I missed but it's just that.... I haven't missed any of them. I've got the one in Chichen Itza, the two in New Orleans, and the one on the bayou. I'm counting the two I got from the story. When I go into the DNA tab and look at Citizen E videos however, there are only four videos to watch. I'm not quite sure what I've done wrong or what I'm missing. Are there only six Citizen E's throughout the game or is there a seventh I'm missing

    submitted by /u/Slycooper6
    [link] [comments]

    I’m scared to play Odyssey

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 05:33 PM PDT

    Long story short ; fell off the AC wagon after playing every game nonstop up to Syndicate.

    Bought Origins about two weeks ago and can't put it down ! I love everything about the story and setting !

    I'm scared to pick up Odyssey because I hear a lot of mixed reviews about it and I don't want it to ruin the AC experience I've been enjoying. I've heard many things that scare me into not wanting to play like;

    1. Minotaurs
    2. No stealth
    3. Dialogue choices
    4. Historical PC

    I want to play the game but I'm also worried it won't live up to the expectation that I have witnessed playing Origins.

    I know this sounds silly but just looking for opinions.

    submitted by /u/MonotoneTanner
    [link] [comments]

    Who's your favorite character throughout the series?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 04:28 PM PDT

    I'd have to say Shay or Haytham.

    submitted by /u/ColinF7
    [link] [comments]

    The combat in Origins

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    Haven't really played a lot of assassin's creed. I have played black flag and also revelations a long time ago. I bought Origins two hours ago because of the steam sale, but I just hate the combat. Compared to black flag, it just feels clunky. Are there any other good games on sale which doesn't have combat like Origins and more like black flag?

    submitted by /u/LillBill1
    [link] [comments]

    [Discussion] Assassin's Creed Black Flag Lag Fix

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 12:15 AM PDT

    im playing ac4bf again. my computer reach the requirements of the game but it still lag so much that i only get 10-12 fps with all low settings. but when i increased the quality like i enabled all the graphics settings it become better i dont know how but im getting additional 3-6 fps. it is possible? if you have better ideas about fps lag fix hmu please

    submitted by /u/aeyseabdul
    [link] [comments]

    The fact that the Viewpoint Glitch in Black Flag is still an issue is so aggravating.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 12:04 AM PDT

    Recently I picked up Black Flag again and was in the midst of trying to 100% when I noticed that I had the viewpoint glitch on Principe. I can't believe that in six years they still haven't patched this. It completely shut down my motivation to keep playing because now I can't achieve the whole purpose of why I was playing again.

    submitted by /u/btrow1134
    [link] [comments]

    For various Legendary Ship battles, how would you have rebalanced them?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    The Legendary Ship fights are great (though it's sad you can't redo them in a given run), but there are some that you wish could've been done a tad differently.

    For example, I found the Legendary Ship fights of AC:Rogue to be a tad underwhelming compared to the ones in AC4:BF. They just... didn't have the same fear factor, for one, but they were also a lot easier to beat (except the Storm Fortress; that one gave me a run for my money). But even the ones from AC4:BF could've been done a bit differently and could've been even better as a result.

    For example, HMS Prince is undeniably the easiest Legendary Ship in AC4:BF, given its storm gimmick is really just a spot check on how well you can see through bad weather, and otherwise the ship is just a beefed up Man'o War with a bit more mobility. I would've lowered HMS Prince's damage a tad and raised its durability, but would've introduced rogue waves and water devils (tornadoes) into the fight as major obstacles. This would trade away some ability for HMS Prince to burst you down in exchange for environmental hazards, and would drag out the fight a bit longer to require more strategy out of the player to weather the storm.

    But that's just me. What would you have done to rebalance/alter some of the Legendary Ship fights across the series?

    submitted by /u/darkdill
    [link] [comments]

    Do all the AC games offer this much freedom ?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    Late last year I played Origins. Currently I'm playing through Syndicate. I've noticed that they offer a lot more freedom to choose between the options they give me than other stealth games have. Do the other Assassins Creed games do the same ?

    Because that freedom is tempting me into buying all the AC games.

    I'll elaborate on how other games restrict choices so you know what I mean:

    Limiting character development: By not giving players enough resources (xp, gold, etc) to unlock everything, players are forced to choose some options to take and then others that they can't touch that playthrough. Worse still, I find myself picking boring reliable abilities over the fun sounding ones because I know the boring abilities are useful, while the fun sounding ones depend on things I don't know about and there is the worry that I made a permanent mistake.

    For Origins and Syndicate, I went in knowing that I'd be able to unlock everything. So making a permanent mistake is impossible and I feel much freer to take whatever sounds fun.

    Penalties for doing the "wrong" thing: In Dishonored, killing too many enemies has negative effects on the story. Discouraging lethal abilities. So far, I've only found one part in Syndicate that cared about that distinction, the rest of the time in Origins and Syndicate I've been free to use whatever ability I felt like using at the time.

    In Deus Ex (HR and MD), how you deal with an enemy affects how much XP you get. Ranging from nothing for just sneaking past and leaving them alone to the maximum if you sneak up behind them and knock them out. So I feel pressured to maximise XP and do the sneaky knock out from behind thing every single time, which got boring. Sure, Origins did the same but, because I knew I'd get ot unlock everything, all that psychological pressure vanished and I felt free to vary up how I tackled objectives.

    Ammo/energy limits: Having limited ammo tends to make me decide to save whatever needs that ammo until I really need it. Sometimes never using it because I kept saving it for a bad situation that never came. But in games where ammo is plentiful, I'm more freely using things because I know the ammo will be replenished. Syndicate and Origins are pretty quick to communicate that they are provide plenty of ammo for players.

    Then there are energy bars. Dishonored and Deus Ex have energy bars that only partially regenerate, encouraging me to avoid the high energy abilities and stick to those that I can easily recharge. I found that how I play Dishonored really changes when I got the bone charm that let me fill my energy back up by drinking at taps, as I now wasn't worried about "wasting" it. Obviously Origins and Syndicate don't have energy bars, but the regenerating ammo in the afterlife sections of Origins feels similar to an energy bar that fully regenerates.

    submitted by /u/bilateralrope
    [link] [comments]

    replaying all PS3 games

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 05:12 PM PDT

    Hey! new here. i got into the series back in 2015 when i was able to buy all games for the PS3. my first game was AC3 but when i got the chance to visit america i got all the games.

    i recently got a PS4 but forgot all my Ubi and PSN info since i'm bad at keeping old emails. i'm replaying all so i can all my legacy items passed onto the other games. so i haven't played Unity, Syndicate, Chronicles, Origins nor Odyssey (though from what i heard i shouldn't rush to play the latter huh?).

    essentially bc of the virus im home bound replaying the games. i already got 100% on the ezio trilogy, starting the americas trilogy now, gonna try to get all the legacy items and 100% sync, even tho some of those challenges are damn near impossible, like seriously, money in AC3 and ACL is hard to come by.

    i can't wait to move onto the PS4 games

    submitted by /u/Venezuelan_phag
    [link] [comments]

    Things you like to see in future installments in the franchise?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 06:33 AM PDT

    Personally, I'm okay with any location/time period mix. They developers have shown a tenacity with mixing history and fantasy and creating some great stuff.

    I'd be very interested in seeing Feudal Japan, Medieval or Dark Age England, Peak of the Roman Empire or Fall of the Roman the Roman Empire.

    I'd like to see more customization like we saw in AC4 (where you could upgrade the jackdaw and your home base over time and they felt like they were growing. If any of yall are familiar with Sid Meiers Pirates, I wish we would have been able to steal other boats with a system like that where you can build a small fleet and get more crew to man them. But that may be something that could be added to another naval installment in the future.

    I'd like to see some more great ambient music. The ancient grecian tunes are okay and pretty calming but I miss some from older installments (and for naval, nothing beats AC4s shanties).

    I'd like to see a return of the combat and RPG elements from Odyssey. The move from the parry-kill combat system from older games to the one we've had recently is really great and I'd love to continue seeing it. Fights feel like they take more skill and effort as opposed to just remembering the type of opponent and then performing the right combination of parries to kill them in one hit a la AC3 (screw those Prussian Mercenaries).

    I'd love to hear what yall are interested in seeing, especially with a new title expected this year!

    submitted by /u/PrinceIppolit
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to recover skill points in unity?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 06:45 PM PDT

    Hey, so I'm stuck on a mission with a really hard lock pick and my reaction skills suck. I accidentally used my skill points on things I don't need. Is there a way to recover them or do I need to restart the entire game?

    submitted by /u/ToastyTree69420
    [link] [comments]

    Parkour in AC 1

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 03:52 AM PDT

    I was casually collecting flags, parkouring around Acre when suddenly this happened. I was heavily surprised, did anyone notice it earlier? Is it also possible in Ezio trilogy?

    https://reddit.com/link/fk38u1/video/36ursb0vp7n41/player

    P.S: To do this you must hold W + SPACE + SHIFT, and when jumping obstacles, right before you want to do that, hold E.

    submitted by /u/nickoliwier
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox Achievements broken in nearly all Assassin's Creed games.

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 04:44 PM PDT

    I recently bought all Assassin's Creed games on the Xbox and I have noticed that nearly all of them have issues when it comes to getting achievements.

    In AC4 Black Flag I didn't get the achievement for completing sequence 2. In AC:R of the Ezio collection I didn't get the achievement for completing sequence 1. In AC Syndicate the achievement for getting 50 assassinations is stuck at 49. This pisses me off so much, I love Assassin's Creed, but this is unacceptable and has made me refund all of the games.

    Why the hell doesn't Ubisoft do anything about this?

    Bonus: Ubisoft Club challenges are broken on AC: Unity on PC as well.

    submitted by /u/CuriousExMuslim
    [link] [comments]

    Can somone help me find a world map for Rogue?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 03:21 PM PDT

    I can't find any online outside of scree shots. Is there really no way to check out the game's world map outside of playing it?

    submitted by /u/Mikecirca81
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment