• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 29, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Episode 1 of the Mentors Guildcast! We talk Shao Jun’s manga series, AC Gold, and more!

    Assassin's Creed Episode 1 of the Mentors Guildcast! We talk Shao Jun’s manga series, AC Gold, and more!


    Episode 1 of the Mentors Guildcast! We talk Shao Jun’s manga series, AC Gold, and more!

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 03:32 PM PST

    My attempt at recreating the Assyrian relief of "The Lion Hunt of King Ashurbanipal" in Assassin's Creed Origins.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 04:42 AM PST

    I think I'm done and I'm very sad about it.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 05:53 AM PST

    I've played every main AC game since the first one. I wasn't a huge fan of the changes after Syndicate but I played Origins and enjoyed it. I'm part way through Odyssey and I just don't think I can do it anymore.

    It's not what I want in an AC game. I miss being surrounded by six enemies and stringing combos together to take them all out in a few seconds. I miss being able to take out an entire encampment of enemies without anyone noticing. I miss just naturally levelling up as you progress without having to go questing. I miss the lists of random stuff you need to collect for no real reason.

    And I know it's possible to stealth kill an entire encampment and there is stuff to collect and all that but it's not the same as it was in the pre-Origin's games.

    If they ever go back to the old style of game I'll be overjoyed but until that day, I think I'm done with my favourite series.

    submitted by /u/IrishMetal
    [link] [comments]

    Replaying AC. What a mess

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 10:55 PM PST

    I have completed AC odyssey and I'm feeling really bad to end it. I didn't want it to end. But I have decided to replay AC from the first game and I have to say that WHAT A CHANGE! hahaha I get really annoyed because I can't have my personal horse, if you are climbing a tower one bad movement and you fall. OMG. I can't help it. But the story is really good that's why I wanted to replay it from the first game and starting again. :)

    submitted by /u/Remopair
    [link] [comments]

    AC Vikings and AC1 connection?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 10:05 PM PST

    Anyone else think it would be cool if AC Vikings was set toward the end of the Viking Age (793-1066). We know AC1 takes place in 1191 and Altaïr was born in 1165. Given this time frame we know it is not possible to fully connect the Viking Age and AC1. HOWEVER, it could be possible to connect the new game to Umar, Altaïr's father. We don't know how long he lived but maybe we could see Umar born around the time our main character dies.

    If this is out of the question it would at least be pritty cool to see (or maybe even play as) Ragnar Lothbrok (795ish-845ish, beginning of Viking Age). Shoutout to all the fans of the Vikings show out there!

    submitted by /u/Gs16spider
    [link] [comments]

    The Living World of Assassin's Creed: Origins | How Games Work

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 02:08 PM PST

    Something I find a bit weird and kind of off putting in most AC games.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 01:44 AM PST

    The lack of doors in explorable buildings, it's just weird seeing a building having an entrance always open like that.

    It might be an engine limitation, or a weird game design choice.

    submitted by /u/ZedErre
    [link] [comments]

    Can we get some Evie appreciation going on here?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 09:37 AM PST

    No diss on Jacob he's great but Evie is my go to. Love her fighting style her personality, her freckles (hey just being honest) and I honestly think she's one of the best AC protagonists.

    Ezio is great but gets all the love. Bayek was acted phenomenally but Origins didn't have a great story, Arno could have been more fleshed out, honestly I think Evie is one of the more "complete" AC characters in spite of her only getting the game plus DLC.

    submitted by /u/alexmason32
    [link] [comments]

    Unlocking the Black Skull Sails in Black Flag?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 07:25 PM PST

    Is there any way to unlock the sails through DLC or something similar? I picked up Black Flag after the Initiates site went through the Unity revamp and was never able to unlock them.

    submitted by /u/Kalb157
    [link] [comments]

    Can we just appreciate for a second how willing these games are to hold onto historical accuracy.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 08:53 AM PST

    Even the ones people like less like odyssey and syndicate are beautiful renditions of their time period. There was a line in Black flag that basically had some of abstergo arguing on changing Edward's voice and removing the blood which felt to me Ubisoft was taking shots at Hollywood for glorifying time periods and in my opinion it was 100% earned. They rarely fall into the untrue cliches in certain time periods. If nothing else the assassins creed franchise is a beautiful representation of time periods.

    submitted by /u/broji04
    [link] [comments]

    Black Flag is by far the most emotional- human, unforgettable entry at the series - some points

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 07:19 AM PST

    - Main character Edward is a man many can relate to, he is neither perfect or noble, he is just a guy who refused to be a slave and suffers at poverty, and went on bad road, being a pirate

    - The game is not a fairly tale, reflect real life well, dreams of independence , freedom about the pirates and NAssau didnt end well, almost every close person of Edward died or ended bad

    - NO one game at series strike player emotionally as BF do, i almost cried when Blackbeard died, even saddest was MAry Reed, Edward met his daughter, sailing home talking about pirates, with hsi wife death

    - Mary Reed and Edward relatiosnhip is beautifully made, not some romantic cliche, they are close souls being unfortunate at wrong side despite both being good persons inside

    - Music is absolute pest pirate stuff i ever heard for sure

    - That feeling of freedom sailing with JAckdaw, Sea shanties, overall Caribbean atmosphere

    - Dunno, but this game feels, so human..like anyone can relate ..

    Also, who here feld a some kind of weird attraction to John Kidd, before we found she is a female?

    submitted by /u/1982mathew
    [link] [comments]

    Guide on Points of Interest? AC Syndicate

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 10:09 PM PST

    Out of all of the guides I've found on 100% synchronisation, absolutely none of them have anything on the points of interest. To make matters worse, they seem pretty buggy, I only have 2 locations actually discovered in the Thames, yet it says I have 3/4. I don't even know where the last one is, and I can't seem to find one of the POIs in Southwark. Does anyone actually know where I can find a guide on the points of interest?

    submitted by /u/Nicolae_I
    [link] [comments]

    Have you ever travelled to one of the locations in AC in real life? If so, how was it?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 12:39 PM PST

    What are some qol improvements you'd like to see in the next ac, assuming it builds on the foundation of Origins and Odyssey?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 08:55 PM PST

    I know that Odyssey's kinda hated in this sub, mainly because of bloat, story, exp grind etc.

    However, from a purely gameplay perspective I think Odyssey brings many improvements coming from Origins. I loved that there's a lot more active abilities, cinematic camera for every dialogue, and how you auto mount phobos if you're running forwards and he's on his way to you.

    In the next game, I'd love to see these improvements:

    • EVERY quest item/person/investigation should be able to be acquired/rescued or talked to/attempted without having to talk to the quest giver first. I know you can already do this for some quest items, but I'd like to see this improved even further so that exploration is greatly rewarded and you don't have to go back to that fort you just cleared to rescue someone not there before.
    • Make sea traversal more engaging. I don't know how this would be improved, but I find myself getting bored while travelling to another island cos there's too much downtime and the scenery is kinda bland compared to traversing long distances via horse.

    What improvements would you like to see from a purely gameplay, quality of life side of the game?

    submitted by /u/grnchtr
    [link] [comments]

    So, looks like Alexios is slightly cross-eyed

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 06:48 PM PST

    Just started Odyssey and that, plus the mouths being out of sync with the voices is really getting annoying. I can't believe how much stiffer the movements are compared to Origins, either. The scenery is beautiful though.

    submitted by /u/KevtheKnife
    [link] [comments]

    Share your weird Origins stories

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 09:37 AM PST

    AC Origins is such a complicated games with a lot of moving pieces. I just got to level 55 and I have so many stories from the randomness that it throws at you.

    For example, I stumbled into a phylakitai encounter in the middle of a lion's lair and let the maxed out lions take care of him.

    Anyone else know any stories of the game being weird like that?

    submitted by /u/Hawkeye439
    [link] [comments]

    Do conquest battles matter in Odyssey?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 04:30 PM PST

    I'm guessing this has been asked before, I'm sorry I can't find it asked anywhere :/ I've done 2 battles so far, one attacking, one defending and both times after the battle, the map still says "leader unknown" or something as well as the level of power, so apart from loot, is it necessary to do those? Can I stay in one area and re-do battles as many times as I want?

    i was under the impression that once the battles were one time things per area and choosing which side you were fighting with, influenced the world.

    submitted by /u/Marky_Mark_Official
    [link] [comments]

    Visual Customization isnt working

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 03:52 PM PST

    I am on Xbox, and I am level 9, and when I hover over my equipped gear all I see is "A Change". What do I do to fix this.

    submitted by /u/BesterSpieler0
    [link] [comments]

    AC3 Remastered for PC Not Launching

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 03:38 PM PST

    I got AC3 Remastered when it was included with Odyssey. However, it will not launch from Steam, UPlay, or directly for the folder. It gets as far as UPlay opening and saying its preparing to launch and syncing save files before just disappearing and leaving me depressed. I've been looking around online but so far none of the tips have helped me fix the problem. Does anyone have a work around for this?

    submitted by /u/MegaMenehune
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with AC IV achievements (one Xbox 1)

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 11:36 AM PST

    So I have defeated all of the legendary ships but there was a glitch where one of them did not drop a crate because it was in a storm and I didn't get my 20K cash

    I was like "well sh*t" and moved on but now the game does not think I defeated the ship because the storm killed it and now I can't complete the achievement

    Any help here?

    submitted by /u/FF-coolbeans
    [link] [comments]

    Mt Pentelikon quarry cultist clue????

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 03:16 PM PST

    I don't know what to do anymore, I searched the place like 5 times, searched on google, nothing. He's the only one I'm missing from the eye of the Kosmos branch and I can't seem to figure out how to unveil him? Please help

    submitted by /u/hellothere564738
    [link] [comments]

    Bonus content from previous games

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 10:54 AM PST

    I started playing the games from the beginning again, but I'm can't remember if you get rewards from playing the first game onto the second? I know it happened with future games (3, black flag etc.) but I'm just wondering if you got anything from completing the first game onto ac2?

    submitted by /u/gallifreywhovian
    [link] [comments]

    The future of the franchise and dissatisfaction with the ‘ancients’ trilogy.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 08:24 AM PST

    EDIT: This was originally going to be a comment in u/IrishMetal's post. Link below.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/fav0rr/i_think_im_done_and_im_very_sad_about_it/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

    TL;DR AC Ragnarok will be an end to the ancients trilogy, the game after that will have more central stealth and traversal à la a renewed and sustained interest in Unity, and the attempted emulation of the Witcher by Ubisoft will come to an end.

    Based on what's coming out of Ubisoft, and talked about the most among even casual fans of the franchise, those dissatisfied with the direction of the games since Unity, despite the game's initial missteps, that dissatisfaction won't last long after AC Ragnarok.

    This next Viking/assassin game will probably be the peak of the mechanics introduced in origins and strengthened in odyssey (while the story was less compelling and deep in Ody., the gameplay far surpassed and built on what was in Ori, imo).

    Going into the late Viking age (when Iceland was established if the rumour mill that is Ubisoft's marketing team is to be believed), and focusing on Norse mythology, it will bring a nice conclusion to both Layla Hassan's story and this whole 'ancients trilogy' as well, since the HISTORICAL founding of the Knights Templar was around 150 years after Iceland's settlement (rounding out how both the Assassins and the Templar's have been around for close to 1500 years in some other form, informally).

    There's a lot more to draw on as well, the early late-middle ages being a far FAR better documented era than late-republican Rome and the Peloponnesian war.

    With all that in mind, as well as the renewed enjoyment of Unity 5 years on that has remained sustained, I'm confident that the game that comes out next in 2021/2022 will indeed be a return to form, if one wants to call it that.

    The ancient's trilogy was clocked, I felt, by the community as Ubisoft's attempt to make an Assassin's Creed Witcher game, Wild Hunt's popularity still sustained even when you ignore the acclaim of the Netflix series almost 5 years after its initial release.

    With Ragnarok, they've found their footing, but not to the point where the heart of the series is irreversibly lost (stealth and traversal having only a handful of mechanics over two games, whereas combat has become far more central).

    While I will continue to play the games out of sentimentality regardless of how far they stray from Ubisoft's admitted central governing philosophy of the franchise, I'm confident that Ubisoft has something in the pipeline that will make the 2021/2022 game worth the wait after Ragnarok.

    submitted by /u/samjp910
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment