• Breaking News

    Friday, February 14, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Embers Theme Remake

    Assassin's Creed Embers Theme Remake


    Embers Theme Remake

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 03:46 PM PST

    What was doing Ezio between 1489 and 1497 ?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 09:07 AM PST

    In AC2 :

    Sequence 12 :

    Ezio gets stabbed by his target and gets the Apple stolen by a monk. Ezio stays in the coma for several days. Then when he wakes up he investigates and learns that it is a monk with 9 fingers named Savonarola that has it and that he went to Florence. The year is 1488 / 1489.

    Sequence 13 :

    Ezio comes back to Florence. The year is 1497 (Ezio wasn't too worried apparently, maybe he though Savonarola was a nice guy...).

    In AC2 Discovery :

    Ezio was in Spain in 1491 helping the Assassins to beat Templars in the Reconquiesta.

    So let's resume :

    I am a master assassin who lost a powerful artefact that can control mind and I know what he can do. What should I do ?

    A - Get it back immediatly in Florence before he makes a mess with the Apple

    B - Let's have a trip in Spain, don't worry we told me it was a nice guy that have the Apple

    submitted by /u/Montreuilloiss
    [link] [comments]

    I liked the AC Odyssey

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 11:30 AM PST

    I just finished AC Odyssey and it was actually good game. I liked the story very much and the stealth and combat mechanics weren't bad either.

    submitted by /u/Veikkar1i
    [link] [comments]

    This quote has always touched my heart.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 09:15 PM PST

    "It's not about need, Caroline. I want food that don't make me sick. I want walls that hold back the wind. I want a decent life." - Edward Kenway

    When I first heard this line in Black Flag, I immediately knew it would resonate with me for years down the line. I've been able to view obstacles I've faced in a new light when considering the message of this quote. My understanding is that it means that life needs to be about more than survival, and in our modern world, more about just having basic security.

    It is about attaining a level of comfort where there is no more fear or uncertainty for the days that lie ahead. To have peace and the freedom to do more with your time than worry about where the next meal will come from, or paying the bills. When you look at the kinds of things we complain about it's almost nonsensical in comparison. Wars have been waged and millions of lives lost over ideological differences, and yet so many people never need to worry about basic survival and live like kings compared to the past (and present day for billions of people).

    In that sense, I've taken time to look at my current life circumstances and have tried to be more grateful for what I have, even as I face anxiety and difficulties in my daily life which are stopping me from accomplishing my goals. I've never known real hunger, never had to spend a winter outside, and have countless other luxuries that I've forgotten to appreciate. I am able to worry about things other than food, shelter and safety, and that makes me fortunate.

    Perhaps I'm looking into this too deeply, but I hope this inspires others to share insights about meaningful quotes from Assassin's Creed, and how it may have affected your outlook on life. I find that many video games have deep quotes nestled into them that can make one more considerate of the world around them.

    submitted by /u/VarokSaurfang
    [link] [comments]

    Best Side Activities After Main Story in Syndicate?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 07:50 PM PST

    I finished the main story recently and was wondering if there are any interesting side quests or collectibles that I should complete. I've already played the Dickens missions and I plan to get the Jack the Ripper DLC.

    submitted by /u/Squidpsyco
    [link] [comments]

    i'm nearly done with ac 4 (currently 96%)

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 09:17 PM PST

    Starting about a week ago, I began a quest to 100% AC4.

    Now, the only games I've ever even 100%'d, to be fair, is a copy of The Amazing Spiderman for the Nintendo DS, I played it when I was a smol bab (7 yrs) and then there is also De Blob 2 for the Nintendo DS, which I also played when I was 7, with the help of a former friend, I managed to 100% it.

    And some friends lended me their DSi's to do the colour-matching sequence at the end of the levels.

    Anyways, back to the topic at hand, I'm currently at 96% in my Progress Tracker for AC 4, I've 100%'d Templar Hunts, Locations and Side Activities, all I need to do to get that 100% marker is 100% all the missions I haven't already 100%'d.

    I've gotten every Jackdaw upgrade, purchased every purchasable item, 2/3 U-Play items redeemed, beaten every Legendary Ship, collected every collectible, crafted every craftable, 85% for both Pistols and Swords, every contract completed, 95/100 Abstergo Challenges done, pretty much almost done.

    I'll give big creds to Ubi for making it so that you can 100% the game without owning any of the U-Play rewards or Community Challenge rewards (I was saddened to learn that Community Challenges do not occur anymore, and were a limited time event, smh)

    Anyways I need to finish this game sooner or later, I want to get back to playing other games with my boyfriend.

    But yeah just wanted to post this to see how far I've come.

    submitted by /u/IAteSouvlaki
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed World History

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 10:42 PM PST

    In early 2016, Assassin's Creed overcame the mark of one hundred million copies sold. Today it is the youngest game series that has managed to achieve this, and it took less than ten years. Gradually, Assassin's Creed ceases to be a purely game franchise - books and comics are published with full force about the centuries-old confrontation between assassins and Templars, and in the beginning of 2017, a film adaptation. On this occasion, we decided to remind you the milestones in the history of Assassin's Creed.

    Caution spoilers!

    This article is about events in the game world, so there may be spoilers in it. You have been warned!

    At the beginning of the 21st century, Ubisoft successfully reloaded the iconic Prince of Persia series. Work began on a sequel, and then producer Patrice Desile got the idea to replace the main character. The assassin was to replace the nameless prince, and his adventures would no longer unfold in magical Persia, but against the background of real historical events. The bosses of the studio did not want such a radical change in the famous series, but Desil gave the go-ahead to develop an independent project.

    When the original Assassin's Creed was first presented to the public, it might have seemed like a historic adventure about a dashing killer from the Third Crusade awaits players. This was only partly true. As the release approached, hints began to appear in the promotional materials that everything wasn't so simple and the events of the past were somehow connected with the present.

    Hidden blade - a favorite weapon of the assassins and one of the symbols of the series

    And indeed, the action of the game took place immediately in two eras. The plot of Assassin's Creed was based on the idea that a person has a genetic memory that stores information about the lives of his ancestors. The machine, called Animus, created by Abstergo Industries, extracted genetic memory from human DNA and allowed it to experience episodes of the life of ancestors as their own.

    This idea allowed developers in numerous sequels to easily transfer action to other eras. And the plot of the entire series was based on the conflict of two secret orders, which for many centuries has been going on in different corners of the Earth.

    Parties to the conflict

    Forerunners

    Humanity is not the first intelligent species to appear on our planet. Long before the rise of our race, the Earth belonged to the people of Isa, also known as the Forerunners. Outwardly, they looked like people, but had a completely different DNA structure. The Isu civilization has reached outstanding heights in science and created in its image and likeness homo sapiens - our distant ancestors were servants of the Forerunner. With this creation, Isu laid the foundation for his death. People rebelled and thanks to numerical superiority put the former owners on the brink of death.

    The war, however, cost both parties dearly — they did not notice the impending global catastrophe that destroyed most of the world's population. After this, the people of Isu finally ceased to exist. People were able to recover from the disaster and began to build their civilization.

    The old masters remained in the memory of mankind only as mythical gods. However, vague legends are not all that remains of the Forerunner on Earth. The artifacts of Isu, nicknamed the Particles of Eden, survived. These are objects of incredible power, allowing, for example, to subjugate people's minds or create a protective field around the owner.

    In addition, a group of Isu scientists (their names remained in history: Jupiter, Minerva and Juno) shortly before the disaster created a system of temples that could protect the Earth. They were not brought into action, but they, hidden from view, stand waiting for the hour when they will be needed again. And they contain messages for those who try to save the planet.

    The main temple retained the consciousness of Juno herself, who, unlike her colleagues, did not pursue noble goals, but strove for power over the Earth. Juno was able to preserve the consciousness of her husband Aita through manipulation of human DNA. Over the centuries, Aita has repeatedly "reborn" in the bodies of different people.

    Assassins

    Historical chronicles say that the Order of Assassins appeared in the Middle Ages. However, he existed long before he declared himself publicly. He acted from behind the scenes, striving to make the world a better place - including through killings. The ideal of the assassins is the freedom of society, personality and thought, and for the sake of it the members of the order shed a lot of blood. They fought on the side of many revolutionaries and challenged tyrants. Xerxes I, Alexander the Great and Guy Julius Caesar fell precisely at the hands of the ancient assassins.

    Templars

    Eternal opponents of the assassins. Their order was also founded long before the first mention of it appeared on the pages of annals. Their goal is about the same as that of the Assassins - the prosperity of mankind, but the way to achieve it is radically different. The Templars are sure that most people are weak and unable to control freedom, and in order to prevent chaos and anarchy, humanity must be kept under strict control. Many great dynasties and rulers of the past came to power thanks to the help of the Templars. And in order to strengthen their power, they seek out artifacts and knowledge of the Forerunner civilization.

    submitted by /u/dadaon
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers] I am not 35 hours into Origins and I noted some interesting things...

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 06:35 PM PST

    First up I noticed that when Bayak got the hidden blade his wife mentioned that it had been previously used on the Greek Island of Crete, which I thought was an interesting nod to Odyssey, which wasn't even out at that point.

    The most interesting one to me, however, is the speech the voice gives when you get the Isu Armor. The voice talks about how the Animus was humanities first timid steps to follow in the footsteps of the precursor race, and that "you're Animus and the mind that created it" (referring to Layla) could possibly be used to alter history. I thought this was another cool way to set up the choice system in Odyssey (assuming, of course, that this is what that little speech was for). Thoughts?

    Also, as an aside, Jesus this game is huge. I'm 35 hours in and only 42% of the way through the game lol

    submitted by /u/ghostinthewoods
    [link] [comments]

    Love Odyssey here’s the only thing I don’t like.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 08:21 AM PST

    That crouching animation when you assassinate and it looks like he stabs through the persons legs and pulls the spear through. Other than that it's great love spartan kicking fools off cliffs!

    submitted by /u/cyber_junkeys
    [link] [comments]

    Replaying/finishing Revelations, I'm surprised by how much "malakas" is said.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 07:27 AM PST

    I laugh every time I hear it; it's hilarious. I can't believe I never finished this game.

    submitted by /u/IntegerZ
    [link] [comments]

    I really don't like the odyssey outfits

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 08:08 AM PST

    I love the idea of being able to change the look of whatever item you have equipped because honestly, I would have such low armor if I didn't. One of the things I really love about assassin's creed is when you're able to strut around in a bomb ass outfit that you just bought/ unlocked.

    I feel like all the outfits just stick out like a sore thumb. They just don't feel authentic. They're trying to all be so bold and extravagent with gold and bright colors everywhere, but I really just want something subtle. I'm not asking for a costume that is 100% accurate, historian approved and that real greeks would have worn, only something that I could conceivably believe they would have. I honestly think that the standard mercenary gear on all the posters along with the black steel spartan helmet is the best looking outfit and the only one which I use.

    Even the enemies look off. I understand that you need to differentiate between the two factions, but I think the blue and red are too bright and in your face. I think origins definitely did a better job of having subtle, but recognisable enemies. I recently finished origins and I think the best outfits were the phylake one and the gracious attire.

    The store outfits are the pinnacle of what I mean.

    By no means is this a dealbreaker, but I feel it takes away from the game. It's just one of many things that just kind of take me out of the game, like with the god superpowers. I like to feel immersed and this just works against that.

    I do like the game but this is a mildly annoying thing. However, the thing I hate the most is random civilians attacking me.

    submitted by /u/QGoose
    [link] [comments]

    How do the new AC games (Origins & Odyssey) fit into the lore?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 11:14 PM PST

    For what it's worth, the games are fun. I just don't really see how it ties into the story as the only reason I can say it relates to AC is that you're assassinating people.

    submitted by /u/Kaii099
    [link] [comments]

    Yay or no ?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 11:00 PM PST

    I took that photo the other day and I want to know if you think is good or it could be better

    submitted by /u/lp660-4
    [link] [comments]

    For those natives to any AC's localization, what did you feel?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 04:48 PM PST

    For all those people who had the honor of having an AC set on their country, regardless if it was a "good" or "bad" (those terms are relatives); What did you feel when it was announced?; What did you feel when you played it?; Did you like how the world was recreated? (Imo, Ubisoft are the best when recreating worlds); Did you feel proud to having AC set on your country?; And did you find anything you could recognize from nowadays?

    submitted by /u/Zemrik
    [link] [comments]

    Edward (after killing Duncan) puts the hood on, and then IMMEDIATELY takes it off. Like, bruh. Why put it on then take it off?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 04:40 PM PST

    Why is AC3 remastered so terrible?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 10:37 PM PST

    I swear the original game wasn't even close to this buggy and clunky.

    Controls and gameplay is just downright awful, clunky and whatever the opposite is of fluid. Don't even get me started of the frame lag when looking at the landscape from high up. The sound glitches are very annoying, and the character rendering is somehow worse than Unity. Desmond looks like a chemo patient, and everyone else has a total of 3 pixels per face. The shading on their face is just as bad too, and their lips rarely sync with the audio.

    Just feels like Ubisoft didnt even try debug the game before releasing.

    submitted by /u/Scrubz_McDubz
    [link] [comments]

    Finished Odyssey awhile back as Alexios.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 04:08 AM PST

    Needless to say their could be spoilers ahead.

    I went into Ancient Greece with high Hope's, I left with confusion? It felt like maybe Odyssey was three Assassins Creed games in one. You had the sad story of II, when Ezio believes he has no family, but you find your Uncle, but in this case it's your mother and sister, who is made of titanium. That I didn't have a problem with. It was kind of the whole idea of "Hey, you were voted to get yeeted of a Cliff along with your 8 month old sister. For the betterment of Sparta". I'm not saying I didn't like the game, it was amazing, most of the world makes you feel like your a Spartan making his way of life back to being the tough soldier you think of when you hear that he's the Granschild of Leonidas.

    The Mythology was great, of course I got wrecked by Medusa because I thought level 46 vs 50, I can win this, with all Armor of Achilles pieces (aside from his helm) at rank 36, a Spear at level 5, and awful warrior damage for my rank. But I came out on top.

    There was points were it was emotional, wich is what I loved about games like II, Brotherhood, Black Flag, etc. You started out as a nobody, learned their families were famous and well loved, and then, they died so you must avenge their legacy. It's why I loved Ezio, all that time in II, working your way to get to the Pope, you have an epic fight, only to decide, killing you is wrong and can't fix what you've done. This was kind of the opposite? Yeah, you get to choose if you want to kill Nikolas or not, (I did. ) but even then there was no emotion, maybe it's because I sparta kicked him off that cliff, but hey I don't judge how you kill people.

    The combat often felt a bit wonky at times. I'd go to do one ability but accidentally do another. Maybe if you could hold a button while holding L1 to fo a different assigned ability would be very beneficial to the next Assassins Creed. Instead of, I don't know, poisoning a weapon you can enable Viking Rage ( I know that Valhalla or Ragnarok is only rumored), it could help just a bit.

    I absolutely adore the gear customization. Running around as a Polemarch or Greek Hero, or at least in their armor was amazing .

    Now for the issues with the game. It's not that they're problematic just those What the Hell did I just witness points. When you meet the Cyclops and shove his eye up a goat's Brown Eye

    Not going to lie, it was funny but I paused the game and wasn't about to unpause it.

    I don't know if I'm missing anything. Oh yeah, the ending (Main story) I know there is a way to bring Deimos to the light, but I'm not good at persuasion. So I had to kill her. Kind of an anticlimactic fight If I'm to be honest. Just my opinion.

    As for the other two endings I guess the one (Atlantis) felt like a true AC ending. The protagonist meets the current day researcher, they exchange dialogue and get to know each other quite well, only for it to stop when the change of power is done.

    The Cult ending. I must say this is one I couldn't see coming. Aspasia being the Ghost of Kosmos? Yeah their were major hints even my blind ass can see. But it was kind of shocking.

    Aside from that I really hope Ubisoft can take elements from the old, and new games and make a killer game. I knew Odyssey is what has this sub torn in two.

    submitted by /u/TheUncagedRage0
    [link] [comments]

    How does player level work in unity?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 06:09 PM PST

    All of my gear is five stars, Except for one weapon that is four stars. And my player level is three stars. How does this system work?

    submitted by /u/Cubegod69er
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed 2 - A Replay Retrospective

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 09:45 AM PST

    Forward/About me - I just got out of the military at the end of 2019 and I'm choosing to take a year off of work and finish my degree online. Because of how I prepared for this transition from a financial standpoint, I'm afforded a lot of time (huge understatement) to catch up on my hobbies (gaming specifically). I was somewhat bored in my first week of not working and I was surfing around the PlayStation store when I noticed Assassin's Creed Odyssey was on a pretty generous sale (I want to say $15 or $20). I played through the main titles up to Syndicate, which I couldn't bring myself to finish, which means I've been removed from the series for about 5ish years. I figured "why not" and proceeded to purchase it (along with Marvel's Spider-Man and God of War 4). Short story shorter, after spending around 200 hours in Odyssey, my passion for AC games was reignited. Therefore, I've decided to go back and play all the main titles (except for AC1, because fuck that) and then share my feedback on how I believe the series has evolved.

    I'll be playing the games out of order (since January, I play Odyssey then Origins then Rogue and just beat AC2 this morning) but putting my replay write-ups in release order. I hope you enjoy reading this because I'm enjoying (for the most part) doing this.

    Assassin's Creed 2

    Note - I'm going to try and break down each title through various categories that're prevalent throughout the series, specifically Story (both modern and ancestor timelines), Combat (along with tools and abilities), Character Customization, Parkour, Stealth, Setting/Environments, and any miscellaneous items.

    Story

    Ancestor Timeline - The beginning chapter of Ezio's trilogy is mostly well done. There's a rapid progression that is paced well for him, as he goes from a young, seventeen year old womanizing kid to a vengeful killer to the beginning of an introspective and reluctant leader. The story spans through 23 years, beginning with Ezio witnessing the murder of father and two brothers and getting enraptured by a yet unknown Templar plot and ending with Ezio sparing the mastermind, Rodrigo Borgia, stating killing him won't return his family. The overall pace is great except for the later parts of the story (which I feel is a theme for nearly all the AC games). How Ezio learns and progresses through his early days in Florence and then Venice really captures his evolution as an Assassin. The two DLCs (Battle of Forli and the 9 lieutenants in Florence) that are included in the Ezio Collection are absolute, unadulterated garbage, and these two parts are the reason I think the pacing felt way off. The original setup of Florence > Venice > End was perfect (to me) despite the awkward 10~ years jump.

    Score - 9/10

    Modern Timeline - Part 2 of 5 of Desmond's journey. It's well done enough and introduces long term modern day characters, Rebecca and Shaun. The imprinting of Ezio's years of training into Desmond in a few days/weeks is cool albeit Matrix-esque.

    Score - 10/10 (spoiler, I'm going to give all of Desmond's storyline an 10)

    Combat - My recollection of AC2's combat was simply a counterkill-fest but I was surprised at how not entirely true that was. About 50% of the enemies you face can't be counterkilled without first weakening them. Another archetype of enemy doesn't even let you counterkill them until you disarm them. There are flaws because you can't attack and enemy unless you've first targeted them. Overall, the combat is decent and the variety of animations between the hidden blades, daggers, swords, and disarm-able heavy weapons didn't ever make me feel animation fatigue.

    The tools Ezio is given are pretty bad because they're constrained by the mechanics of the game. There is no quick throw or activation for smoke bombs or throwing knives as they use the same button as attacking with your weapons and the poison blade (which inflicts Berserk) is near pointless/useless. He does get a gun though, and I'll definitely explain in later posts why I believe the pistol/gun is almost as integral as the hidden blade for Assassins.

    Score - 6.5/10

    Character Customization - I'll be perfectly honest here, visual changes and options for characters is something I absolutely love, arguably to an unreasonable level. So, with each piece of gear that Ezio can get having its own somewhat unique appearance geeks me out. There is simplicity in AC2's design however, but being able to visualize your character's progression is something a lot of titles outside of the AC series can take note of. The system is held back in the sense there's only palette swaps for his outfit and each piece of gear has the same skeleton, just different designs on it.

    Score - 7/10

    Parkour - I was expecting Parkour in AC2 to be bad, especially after playing the much more recent titles that have 10+ years of design ingenuity behind them, but it was surprisingly good. However, during the Assassin Tombs (the side quests to get the best armor), the game employs a cinematic camera in some points of the parkour that is disgusting levels of jarring, especially because there's no continuity of direction/momentum when it occurs, so Ezio just veers off a ledge with no warning. AC2 retains the theme of certain viewpoints being mini puzzles, which I enjoy.

    Score - 7/10

    Stealth - Hot take - this is not a stealth game. Social Stealth is so wonky. The hidden blade is only good for starting combat or killing during smoke bombs. The stealth mechanic in AC2 is terrible when coupled with the Notoriety system. There are (thankfully) only 3 or 4 assassinations you have to make in AC2 that require you not being spotted. The near instantaneous desynchronization that occurs is simply infuriating. I had to stop and take a quick break a few times during these parts. The hireable factions help a bit but really only mask flaws with the system.

    Score - 2/10

    Setting/Environments - I didn't recall AC2 having as many locations as it does. There are 2 main cities (Venice and Florence), two smaller cities (Forli and the town in Tuscany), the Villa, the mountains, and finally the Vatican in the final sequence. Florence is relatively basic as nearly everything looks identical and the color scheme is red and tan throughout. Venice, on the other hand, is refreshingly good (despite climbing up from water being terrible). The smaller cities are forgettable as are the mountains and the Vatican. The Villa is incredible though. Seeing it go from a rundown shithole with no people to a bustling hub of commerce is awesome (again, that visual progression I geek out for). On a technical note, I was not expecting the amount of NPCs that were rendered at any given time in the cities. They actually felt alive and populated most of the time.

    Score - 7.5/10

    Miscellaneous - Sound is good, especially the combat sounds. This is kinda jumping the gun, but the combat sounds of the AC3 trilogy are astonishingly bad. The Music is lowkey but comes into play a handful of times, namely during chase or race sequences and is the traditional AC theme. Eagle Vision is annoying because you have to hold the button to both turn it off and on. I don't remember if it existed in AC1, but in AC2 there was the first iteration of the Targets/Cultists/Conspirators interface, but only in picture form, no expounding information was available to the player. And lastly, the biggest surprise of AC2, viewpoints aren't fast travel points.

    Favorite Quote(s) of AC2 - It's between "It's a me! Mario!" or "Ma cosa! Shoot, shoot the flying demon!"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnfOs5cVavY

    Closing - Overall, there's a reason Ubisoft continues to make AC games and that reason is (or rather, was) Assassin's Creed 2. AC1 had a lot of good ideas but mostly terrible implementation. AC2 fixes a majority of the bad and expands upon the good. My replay of AC2 was really positive and I'm excited to both relive the stories of Ezio and Desmond. I would still recommend this game to other people.

    Before I start each entry, I'm also going to hype myself up with the game trailer. Onto Brotherhood! (and beer and letting my dogs out)

    submitted by /u/Arrentoo
    [link] [comments]

    Will there ever be an AC 1 Remake?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 05:54 PM PST

    I have always wanted an AC 1 remake or reboot but considering that now the game has an entirely new combat system/rpg mechanic I know I will probably never see it. But its always fun to fantasize about one. Remember in ac unity the opening of the game you played as a templar trying to protect the sword of eden i would have loved to see an ac 1 remake from ubisoft with unity's parkour system in it. What are your opinions on a remake?

    submitted by /u/XITSTH3P3RRYX
    [link] [comments]

    Any advice for AC: Chronicles

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 08:14 AM PST

    I'm looking for any advice that a beginner should have when they start the game.

    submitted by /u/TimeBreakerBaba
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment