• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 18, 2020

    Assassin's Creed [AC:O] Just noticed the isu armor in the preview glows differently than the in-game version.

    Assassin's Creed [AC:O] Just noticed the isu armor in the preview glows differently than the in-game version.


    [AC:O] Just noticed the isu armor in the preview glows differently than the in-game version.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 05:44 PM PST

    AC: Syndicate free on PC from Feb 20th

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 02:20 PM PST

    I wish the mercenaries in Odyssey would fight among themselves if they all spot you at once and I also wish you could turn a mercenary against another and pay a fee.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 03:44 AM PST

    I was tasked with killing a certain character and firstly I had to get through his personal body guards and then on top of that 4 mercenaries all jumped me as well and it was just a shit show. I had no choice but to run away and hide because they were impossible to overcome.

    You often hear dialogue like "I'll enjoy spending the drachma I get from killing you." and it would be badass to hear another mercenary to say "not if I kill him first." And starts a royal rumble.

    I've played for 60hrs now and the entire mercenary thing is boring now. I like it, but it needs developing more.

    submitted by /u/Ali_6950
    [link] [comments]

    TIL: A real life ship called the Aquila broke the chain (from AC:Revelations) of Galata Tower during the Fourth Crusade during the siege of Constantinople

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 10:14 AM PST

    I thought that was a fun factoid. The chain we destroy in AC: Revelations was destroyed by the crusader fleet during the 4th Crusade, about 300 years prior to the game's setting. The largest ship in the crusader fleet was called the Aquila, and it destroyed the chain that stopped ships from entering the Golden Horn (much like in AC:Rev) I wonder if that's the inspiration for the name in ACIII

    submitted by /u/Ratonhnhaketon_K_
    [link] [comments]

    Which AC game has the best open world for you?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 09:43 AM PST

    - which open world feels most "alive"

    - most interesting settings

    - best and most options for side activities

    - most interesting side activities

    - most fun exploring

    I finished Origins, and absolute loved it

    Playing black flag now, damn so much things to do Carribean is beautiful, Edward is one of best characters, naval combat is great i love this game

    Origins looked more varied with better parkour and graphic

    submitted by /u/1982mathew
    [link] [comments]

    What would you guys think of a family of assassins in an AC games?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 03:39 PM PST

    I was thinking either similar to Syndicate or how it plays out in GTA V, it would be set in Eastern Europe transitioning between Prussia, Austria and Russia. The time period would be set around 1810 up until 1930 and would feature assassins in a family. Obviously this is a very barebones idea, it would also be the furthest forward the series has gone... I think and people may not like that.

    submitted by /u/FlubZero
    [link] [comments]

    What would you think of an AC game set in Prussia?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 11:31 AM PST

    I'm thinking Berlin sometime between the mid 1700s and the mid/late 1800s, seeing people like Otto von Bismarck or Frederick the Great (depending on the time period) as well as landmarks like the Brandenburg Gate

    submitted by /u/DJTacoCat1
    [link] [comments]

    Spoiler Free Review of the original Assassin's Creed in 2020

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 05:55 PM PST

    Hi guys. I've been wanting to play the AC games in order for a VERY long time. So, I recently picked up OG Assassin's Creed on Steam, and I just recently finished it. I figured I'd give my review of it for anyone who's interested. I'm probably not gonna say anything that hasn't been said before but I think this might still be useful to anyone thinking about the game right now. I'm waiting for the Ezio games to go on sale on Steam - once those go on sale I'm gonna pick those up and play them and review em as I go along.

    So, one of the first things with the game is the setup and the backstory. Personally, I loved it. The setup for the game, with the whole Assassin's vs. Templars thing and you existing in the present day, it's just absolutely fascinating IMO. I really liked it. There wasn't really much of an actual story in the middle of the game, but when there was a story line in the beginning and the end, I enjoyed it a tremendous amount. While the characters were often one-dimensional, I still found them to be enjoyable, with some really good lines. I just wish we got a bit more story rather than some generic conversations.

    The gameplay was a bit more of a mixed bag. I thought even 13(!!!) years later, the freeruning held up surprisingly well. It has its issues but overall it works. The combat isn't the best, but I thought it got better as time the game went on. The bad part of the gameplay was often the open world. If you ran on the buildings, the guards would come after you. I found this to be supremely annoying and made the game worse for no good reason.

    One of the most fundamental problems with the game was that everything was overly repitive. You did the same thing over and over again. Now, granted, the missions weren't really THAT bad or uninteresting, but they were really, really repetitive. The process of going to and from the bureau, and doing assassinations, pickpocketings, eavesdroppings and whatever else just got horribly stale by the end. That's why I thought the very beginning and the very end of the game were the best parts - because that was when the story really shined and when the game was at its most original. If you're willing to endure a bit of the tediousness in the middle I think the end is worth it.

    Overall, this was a case of a lot of phenomenal groundwork - the parkour, combat, story, and atmosphere are spot on - but some poor execution. I've heard AC2 is a lot better in it's execution so I'm very hopeful.

    Hope you guys like this.

    submitted by /u/SanicTheDorito1207
    [link] [comments]

    Couple of specific end-game Odyssey questions

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 08:48 PM PST

    Reaching the end of the last DLC in Odyssey and have started getting my ducks in a row for what I'm going to do after I finish my completion playthrough. Couple of questions I have that searches are not yielding solid answers to...

    It's been said that your legendary gear will get upgraded to your level in NG+. Makes sense and I'm looking forward to getting everything levelled up on the next run so I can play around with different builds without having to manually upgrade everything. What I can't find out, though, is do you need to have the items on you when you find them / complete whatever quest, etc, or can they be in the chest? My loadout is about 18 units and have about 120 units worth of legendaries in the chest, so I can carry it all around with no problems, it would just be nice to not have to. How does this work, exactly? I think I read a post somewhere that someone ran into an issue not having it on them, but it was when I was starting and didn't pay close attention and could have been about something else. Not able to find it again and want to make sure I don't screw this up.

    Is there an ability points cap? Specifically, in Feb 2020, on the current version of the game, is there an ability points cap? I gather there was one, then it went up as levels went up, then it got removed and there is no cap now? This has been really hard to find info about, complicated by there, reportedly, being a bug at some point that was capping people early. Or something. I can find no solid info about this, particularly recent info.

    If anyone has any insight, thanks in advance!

    Edit:. Also, is anyone aware of any sites or comprehensive posts anywhere that give specific info about the actual mechanics of engravings? I've seen it mentioned in some videos that there are caps on certain things that aren't indicated in-game. I get the impression that it's possible to have higher percentages of things in your build because of the number of slots it's available on than the game allows. Obviously, it would be good to know what these are for optimization, but the game gives no info beyond the name of each perk and the vast majority of info available online are simple listings of those. Which seems to be a running theme with this game...It appears that every single gaming website found the need to publish exactly the basic info already available in-game with no elaboration beyond that, about anything and everything, which gluts searches of anything.

    submitted by /u/MaldrickTV
    [link] [comments]

    I need some help with a fan project I'm working on for this series, of anyone would like to help

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 08:28 PM PST

    I've been working on a little fan project for this series, and am looking for a little help.

    For now I'll just ask this: What do you think Al Capone would be, an Assassin-affiliate or a Templar, and why. If you have any other opinion, I'd love to hear it.

    If you'd like to help with my project, just contact me! Especially if you're really good at history!

    submitted by /u/NaturallyNeon
    [link] [comments]

    Man that took forever

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 11:11 PM PST

    odyssey You are leaving the combat area quest failed take 2

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 12:53 PM PST

    Asterisk free version of https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/f5bsz1/odyssey_you_are_leaving_the_combat_area_quest/

    But seriously we need a fix for " You are leaving the combat area quest failed" when I'm ramming the target ship. or at least some kind of drawn boundary or something.

    submitted by /u/standardtrickyness1
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoiler] Overwhelmed with quests in AC Odyssey

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 06:25 PM PST

    As the title says... It can be overwhelming sometimes. Like I'm at the part where I meet Stentor again, did the Olympics, and here are the other quests I have:

    Phidias chain quests Minotour De France Gates of Atlantis (I got the Sphinx artifact... Very wtf quest) Hunted (Horseman Cometh) Fate of Atlantis

    Like I have no idea which quests I should be focusing on cause I've heard that some are from the new DLC stories.

    submitted by /u/lvluffinz
    [link] [comments]

    100% Sync AC2 Ezio Collection Limited

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 09:59 PM PST

    I know that I need to unlock the UPlay rewards for the Templar Lairs (which is what I'm missing). However, the Master Assassin Badge requires 9,000 XP to unlock. The Ezio Collection only unlocks 6,000 XP. Do I really have to buy another Assassin's Creed game just to 100% AC2? If so, what game do you guys recommend purchasing (PS4)?

    EDIT: My preference for an AC game is one that is easiest to 100%

    submitted by /u/thenewcaesar
    [link] [comments]

    Can you find multiplayer games for AC brotherhood on pc?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 09:22 PM PST

    Might reinstall and play it again before buying odyssey. Would like to try those game modes again if I could

    submitted by /u/hahahahahalmao
    [link] [comments]

    Why does everyone hate AC3 I love it

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 09:03 PM PST

    It's probably cause I've got some patriotic spirit in me and really liked Connor. I liked his blank emotion in his eyes like he didn't care about the men he was killing. I really love the revolutionary war so yes. Odyssey is a close second for me. Beautiful game and beutiful world. I'm a history nerd so yea!

    submitted by /u/absorbwarrior
    [link] [comments]

    How to access the animus control panel for AC: Origins?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 04:59 PM PST

    If I get the game on steam where do I go to get the animus control panel? Or do I need Uplay for that? Clarify, please...

    submitted by /u/andresfana1996
    [link] [comments]

    Replaying the games for my fiancée: Part 4 - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 09:04 AM PST

    Part 1: https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/evo4le/replaying_the_games_for_my_fianc%C3%A9e_part_1/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

    Part 2: https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/eyanvo/replaying_the_games_for_my_fiancée_part_2_the/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

    Part 3:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/f28ul9/replaying_the_games_for_my_fiancée_part_3/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

    Black Flag was always a game I remembered fondly. And one I still played off an on throughout the years. Never really doing anything story wise since I beat it the first time, but just sailing around the Caribbean, sinking or boarding various ships and just living out that pirate life.

    For context, I grew up on sailing games. Sea Dogs and it's various sequels (or spiritual successors), Sid Meier's Pirates!, Buccaneers, Corsairs, Wooden Ships and Iron Men, Man Of War... Needless to say, I was absolutely fascinated by the field of naval warfare from the 17th to 19th centuries. One of my favorite areas of historical study and for a time almost considered in specializing in it.

    For my fiancee though, she didn't have much exposure to the subject. The most she knew was Pirates of the Caribbean and it was really cute to be asked "What's a frigate? What's a brig? Why are you scared to go after that man of war?" So she got a lot of impromptu history lessons, probably WAY more than she wanted!

    Immediately starting out, my fiancee is intrigued. The Caroline/Edward dynamic starts of interesting enough and Edward quickly gets Assassin gear and is thrust into the life. Unlike AC3, the game gives you the vast majority of tools immediately at your disposal. She remarked "This one they really just want you to have fun, huh?" and really liked the angle of "He's not really an assassin and just using the situation to help him further his own goals." The gameplay was also fun and we both remarked that it does have that "Clear out just one more area" sort of compulsion to it, making it very easy to get off the storyline path and just sail/explore/plunder.

    The graphics too had a bright and vibrant palette, contrasting pretty significantly to the purposefully washed out ACIII. It was pretty easy to see how a lot of the art direction would later carry over to AC: Origins.

    Though, as we played, my fiancee didn't find herself as intrigued with the story. Sure, the pirates were interesting but she really didn't have a background knowledge of anyone, save Blackbeard. It really goes to show that having a prior knowledge of some of these people helps make the story more interesting than if you didn't, as I lived and breathed this stuff even as a young boy. She also was tired of all the tailing missions, hating that exposition was just given during these sequences, of which there were far too many. At one point, she was like "I'm tired of hearing about how crazy Thatch is. Just show us!" This game really could've used the course in Show, Don't Tell.

    She was fond of James Kidd/Mary Read and the dynamic she brought with Edward. She already enjoyed Edward's cockiness on his own, but it was really completed by those around him. Mary Read, Adewale and even his contrasting with Roberts. It really wasn't until "Black Bart" came into the picture that the story really started to intrigue her and by the end was ready to see what was next with the whole Sage stuff. (And yes, she couldn't resist the feels that was the end cutscene of the game)

    Overall, I have to agree with her. I was so fond of Black Flag, but really for the sandbox feel and era that it thrust us in to. I actually didn't enjoy the story itself going through again, save for a few moments that provided a laugh or a sense of power fantasy (Seriously, helming the Man of War is always fun!) And the modern day was a unanimous chore. There was some interesting elements but it ultimately fell flat and didn't offer much aside from a few lore snippets.

    Also, can't forget Brian Tyler's amazing work on the soundtrack. Just so well put together and composed.

    Great gameplay, decent story, forgettable modern day and far, far too many tailing missions.

    We are working on Freedom Cry next so expect a smaller companion piece to this update before we tackle Rogue!

    submitted by /u/Longsword007
    [link] [comments]

    been thinking about getting into the chronicles series

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 07:35 PM PST

    whats the best of the chronicles games to get into

    submitted by /u/destivion
    [link] [comments]

    Odyssey is ones of the best games I've ever played

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 04:49 AM PST

    I Just joined this sub, and hopped on the AC train (sort of.) I have played a few of the older games: Unity, Brotherhood, Revelations, Black Flag, but not really to an extent. I got tired of the crowded cities, free running being sort of difficult when you're grabbing onto everything you walk by, only being able to assassinate people or else you pull the whole kingdom and die. It seemed like too much work to me.

    Yes, I know it's assassin's creed but I absolutely love the open world in Odyssey. Maybe I just didn't get far enough in the other games? I don't know, but I've never played a game of this type (I usually love the concepts but can't get used to the controls for like RDR2, Witcher etc.) so much. I've played for like 8 hours in 2 days, which for me, is impressive. I love the gear and talent systems as well. They're simple enough yet have a decent amount of customization.

    Just wanted to throw a little love towards where the game currently is as I know some will vehemently disagree with me and others maybe only slightly. But regardless if this is a "real AC" or not, I love it and will probably try Origins next if I ever get to the end of this one.

    FYI: I got the Ultimate Edition on sale for $29.99 if you're on the fence about buying it. It's on sale for a few more days.

    Edit: I forgot that meta game subs are just for bitching and complaining about the current state of the series, whereas the actual game's sub is for positivity. My bad.

    submitted by /u/_Desk_Jockey_
    [link] [comments]

    I think Assassins Creed II was the best out of the franchise and this is why.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 11:48 AM PST

    Why Assassin's Creed 2 Is The Best out The Franchise.
    An Analytical, history-esque retrospective on the History and Success of the Assasins Creed II.
    Assassins Creed II. A game that has withstood the test of time for more than a decade since its release. A franchise that almost did not exist in the first place. Having been in developement as a spin off for the Prince of Persia games. It grew a life of its own as the game designer Patrice Désilets, pioneered the story into the success it is now.
    The complex story was born from the Crusade era of Assassins and Templars. Altaïr was the first itteration of what Assasins would be remembered as. Fighting for Justice, Truth and the People.
    So why was Assasins Creed II so fondly remembered by people around the world? Why was following Ezio Auditores journey through the game so captivating to our imagination? The boy who lost everything, but gained the truth in the meantime. Where nothing was true, and everything was permitted.
    In this post I will explore the very ideas as to why this game was often remembered as the best out of the franchise and how it built the success for future games to come.
    In order to fully rekindle my memory of this iconic game. I had to replay it from the beginning. Experiencing the game on PC was a marvel in and of it self. I remember playing this game on the PS3.
    Jumping from a 720p resolution to a staggering 4K monitor opened the beauty this game had. It only enchanced my experience of this game. Of how vast the open world aspect was. That this was a living, breathing replica of Italy in the Reinnesance era.
    Chapter 1 The Story
    The layer of science-fiction engraved into the franchise was what gave the game its unique perspective. The Apple of Eden, The Truth. The Animus. One of the most captivating aspects of this game was Ezios journey. From his tragic downfall, the death of his family.
    And his eventual rise to power and justice through the order. It is without a doubt that the most iconic moment comes from the begining of the game. Where Ezio Auditore races Federico to the rooftops of a church. This cements the very essence of our expectations. That we will experience a story that is going to span decades in the timeline.
    How the story is told is important. For we are in control of Ezio. We see him through his rash, younger years. A charming kid who was fiercly competitive. To the eventual reveal of a deeper plot within the story. The conspiracies against his Father take hold and eventually lead to his Fathers and both his Brothers deaths. This leaves the player in wonder. What is next?
    Yet we have a chance at redemption. At first we seek revenge, but eventually we hand out justice through our hands. It is this force alone that drives us forward. We want to find out the truth. Find the people responsible and make them pay. We find purpose through the Creed. That power is handed to the player. Everything we do has meaning.
    Not only do we meet people in the game that exist in real life. What we experience through the world is belieable. It grounds us to this world. The characters. Whether it's a Thief, a Visionary Engineer or our family. These people live within this world. They survive in it. We interact with them in a way that feels tangible. We seek out adjustements to our gear through Leonardo. We know he has the skills and mind to make our tools, because he was a real visionary in OUR world.
    We know how the rich lived decadent lives because we see it happen in real life. How the rich and powerful take advantage of the poor and powerless.
    Every character leads us to a newer relevation. How our list of conspirators grows. How deep does the truth stay buried, behind all these lies. That is what we as the players want to find out as we make our way through the game.
    Yet there is always an extra layer to the overaching story of not only Assasins Creed II, but the whole franchise. We are reliving memories of a past Assassin. Through Desmond. We are trying to figure out the truth. Where all the Pieces of Eden lie. Those that give Leaders Power over its people. Will we ever find all the Pieces of Eden? Who currently holds the current ones? How will we use these pieces once we have them? These questions alone push us ever forward in the story.
    The game cleverly intertwines two timelines. One in the past, and one in the present. Which is something that gave the franchise its edge. And II set the standard for on how the Animus could be used to tell a captivating story of just one Assassin on a journey to figure out the truth of the world. This very concept carried one through many games in the future. This very idea had the potential to spawn endless timelines of Asssassins across the ages. All with their own stories to tell.
    Chapter 2:
    The World
    Creating a vast open world game such as this is no easy feat and the developers knew this. They had to take inspiration from real life. Of real cities, and real people. The architectular genius of this game staggered many players by its beauty. Almost very place was explorable. Every ledge climbable. It lived and breathed atmosphere.
    Walking down the bustling streets allowed us to feel like we belonged in this world. That we were in fact in Italy, at the peak of the Reinnesance era. The cities would fill with NPCs that would all have their own stories to tell. Some would line up for food markets. Others would sell Tailoring or Art supplies.
    No doubt the development of this game was driven by passionate people and rightly so. In fact the game wouldn't exist for what it is today if it wasn't for the team behind it.
    This game set the standard for open world game desing. Its gameplay architecture would later be developed and intergrated into many future generations to come.
    The gameplay allowed the player to choose their weapon types. From swords, axes, maces, daggers, poisons, to the iconic hidden blades. These were the tools of the Assassin. Smoke, deceit, aversion and distraction. They all made the missions believable. That we were in fact an Assassin.
    The amount of side activity within the game was what gave the game its endless hours of gameplay. It wasn't all required, but it was satisfying to find all those treasure chests scattered across the cities. To seek out The Feathers of your long lost brother, to seek closure not only for yourself but for your Mother.
    And it wasn't without reward. For collecting all 100 of those Feathers would net you the Auditore Cape. Seeking the ever elusive treasure chests allowed you to invest in rennovating The Villa Audiotore. To finish the work your grandfather began. The money alone would pave way for the vast amount of weapons and armor at your disposal from the local blacksmiths. There was always a sense of progression within the game, and it felt like something Ezio would himself do.
    And this wasn't everything that you could do either. One of the most remembered moments of the game is acquiring the Armor of Altair. Taunting you from the very beginning of the game. Hidden behind 6 locks.
    Exploring the Assassin Tombs felt like you were relieving an Indiana Jones movie. From the tricky platforming to the dangerous traps scattered across these tombs to the eventual riches awaiting at the end. But most of all it paved the way for the past Assassins of the age. It allowed us to peer into the past and see how the Great Leaders of our world were killed. Whether by Poison or by even a Snake. In a sense we looked up to them. We wanted to be as great as the Assassins of the past.
    Chapter 3
    The Music
    Music can inspire the players actions. They make the world come alive.
    It is without a doubt that this game has some of the most iconic music to date.
    I truly believe this game wouldn't be as impactful if it wasn't for the soundtrack, masterfully composed by the visionary Genius Jesper Kyd. It absolutely oozes atmosphere at every stage of the game. One of the most iconic Motifs was made by this composer. Not only did we feel for the characters in this game. We felt the loss that Ezio went through. It allowed us to peer into eyes of our protagonist. To know his rise to action through the musical ensemble. That is a merit in and of itself.
    We often talk about Nostalgia and how it can play at our heart strings. How it makes us remember the good times. What we lived through the younger years. Hearing the music from this game absolutely captivates us and we often can imagine the memories we had of playing this game just through the music alone. That is the musical genius of the Assassins Creed Soundtrack.
    Conclusion
    In conclusion Assassins Creed 2 paved the way for the whole franchise. From the spiralling multi-faceted stories, to the open world gameplay, and complex characters of the previous eras. Ubisoft wouldn't be where it is today without the pioneers of the Assassins Creed franchise. It inspired many games for generations to come, and perhaps some wouldn't even exist if to this day without it.
    Thank you so much for reading my Retrospective on one of my favorite games in the Assasins Creed franchise. It was a real pleasure writing this and I had an absolute black replaying the game.
    If you enjoyed this analysis. You can check out the Video Version of it on my YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA9peMaobVI

    submitted by /u/ExodusArias
    [link] [comments]

    How to make the ultimate in AC

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 10:31 AM PST

    Okay. I know there's a lot of hate for Odyssey and even Origins. I loved Origins for everything it had, and I did enjoy a lot in Odyssey. What can we take from these games that worked, and implement them into a new game that has some of the old mechanics, storytelling, etc.? What can bring us back to what everyone enjoyed about the series, while still using what Ubisoft is implementing in the new games?

    This is definitely not a post to shit on what you hated and disliked and all that. This is meant to see the positive side.

    submitted by /u/GothamCityDemon
    [link] [comments]

    Edward Kenway and how language.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 07:06 AM PST

    How come they didn't include him speaking any welsh? He grew up in Swansea in the 1690s and nearly all of Wales spoke welsh at this point, apart from some border towns and little England.

    submitted by /u/Juicymammoth
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment