• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 27, 2020

    Assassin's Creed [AC Unity] The Silversmith - No HUD Stealth Reaper (60fps)

    Assassin's Creed [AC Unity] The Silversmith - No HUD Stealth Reaper (60fps)


    [AC Unity] The Silversmith - No HUD Stealth Reaper (60fps)

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 03:00 PM PST

    Having just finished the Ezio Trilogy and watching Embers I’m emotional destroyed

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 09:24 AM PST

    Playing through the entire life of a person over the course of three games is a great experience, but man am I sad to have to let Ezio go. With Embers showing his death and final thoughts on his life I feel content with his story but man is it sad af.

    submitted by /u/ShaolinFantastic13
    [link] [comments]

    Recently got back into Assassin’s Creed Origins. I didn’t give it the credit it truly deserved before

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 03:31 PM PST

    I have no idea if there are a bunch of posts like this, I haven't frequented the sub recently.

    I remember eagerly waiting for the new Assassin's Creed game during that two year gap after Syndicate. Egypt sounded really interesting. When Origins came out, I was not disappointed, but maybe less enthusiastic as I was before. Maybe it was the combat system, or lack of urban areas like we had been used to seeing, or maybe just the RPG-style upgrade system. I completed the story, did some of the side quests, temples and such, and then I just put it down. I enjoyed the story for the most part, but I think I felt something lacking. I wouldn't give it much thought until later.

    About a month ago or so, I saw some posts from here praising Bayek as a character, and how great Origins was compared to it's successor Odyssey. I decided to re-download the game as give it another try. First I just cleared up some of the remaining side quests and temples that I had left incomplete or undiscovered. And I was really blown away with the intricacies of the open world, and the amount of care put into it as I rode my horse across the dunes. I came across some roman camps I hadn't attempted to infiltrate, and I got that feeling of being a stealthy hunter again that I remember from all those years ago. I played this mission (I think it was called Light Among the Dunes?) that involved a First Civ temple conjuring up the dead, and WHOA! That was insane and freakishly cool!

    I started up a new game and replayed the story, and I was HOOKED. The hunt for the Order, interacting with historical figures, and seeing the beginning of the Assassin Brotherhood was great. Bayek is an amazing character And I think I now know why I didn't appreciate it enough back then. I think I was reluctant to see the franchise change, to see it evolve. But after replaying this game, I think I can set those expectations aside, and enjoy a really well made game.

    I plan on getting the two DLCs, because now I don't want to leave Egypt and Bayek. I now truly believe Assassin's Creed Origins is a wonderful addition to the franchise.

    submitted by /u/PixelMcG33
    [link] [comments]

    So I just finished AC3..... (SPOILERS)

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 09:16 PM PST

    I don't know why this game gets so much hate. I loved it. I thought compared to the Ezio collection it was much better. This could be because the remaster of the game was really good and I like the time period better than renaissance Italy.

    I guess the overall story of the Ezio games might have been a little better but the gameplay in AC3 is wayyyyyyyy better plus there is more things to do and more variation in AC3. Ezio himself had a more lively personality and speaking style compared to Connor's personality and very "deliberate" speaking style but that's how he was meant to be. I actually liked it.

    As for the Desmond's ending. I viewed Juno as a Templar and Minerva as an Assassin just by the things they said. And Desmond chose Juno. I found that a bit strange.

    submitted by /u/heryea42
    [link] [comments]

    Ends of the Earth

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 09:24 PM PST

    Does anybody have an idea what song genre "Ends of the Earth" from Assassin's Creed 4 is? Just wondering.

    submitted by /u/J_0n
    [link] [comments]

    Why will Ubi not do another trilogy style game?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 07:28 PM PST

    The Ezio trilogy is renown as the best, with character development as a major contributor. Knowing Ubi has a habit of rinse-repeating successes, why are the resistant to recreating this?

    May have been asked before. New to the sub.

    submitted by /u/aSpanks
    [link] [comments]

    Assasians Creed unity vs syndicate my analysis.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 01:27 PM PST

    Controls: Now to the point. This month I played through both the games and I think syndicate is better in almost every way possible. The control for unity were not the best. Syndicate was better than unity in this area but not by a big margin.

    Missions: I wanted to bang my head on the wall while playing unity. Every single mission was (exaggeration is used but majority were) infiltrate a building and kill or tail somebody. Though I should also say that the server sweeps and jumping through servers idea was very inovative and provided that little bit of joy. The Eifel tower one was specially impressive. Now missions in syndicate were overall pretty nice. There wasn't a particular factor which made me go 'wow'.

    Landscape and structures: This particular 1 will vary from person to person. But personally I liked the structures of syndicate more the were largely and were pretty well made. This point will vary from person to person and some might like unity's structure.

    Boss fight: I can't express enough how much I hated the boss fight in syndicate literally ( no exaggeration) had to do the same thing again and again and again. Unity though better than syndicate wasn't the best one either. It was okay I guess.

    Story: the story of unity was more interesting than syndicate. You knew the plot of the syndicate from the very begging there was no element of surprise in it. Story was unity was better since it started from the ending of rouge. But it could have been much better in my opinion. Though assassin's Creed syndicates dlc jack the reaper had a plot way better than unity.

    Charecters.: The charecters of syndicate were way better than unity. Where syndicate lost in story it made-up in the charecters. Arno Dorian was honestly one of the shitiest charecter development. On the other hand Jacob and Evie progressed beautifully.

    submitted by /u/therealsarthakjain
    [link] [comments]

    London at Syndicate looks unreal for 5 years old game

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 05:01 AM PST

    Started Syndicate, after Origins and Black flag

    It is a strange game, i have just 3 hours and cannot decide yet if i like it or not, sometime it feels great, sometime it feels meh

    But i think, defo worse game than Origins and Black flag from what i played

    But damn, that London is beautiful, feels so realistic , one of best graphic i saw at games and its from 2015

    That buildings, puddles, viewpoints, children working at factories and overall atmosphere is great

    Heard Unity is even better looking cannot wait to try it as well

    submitted by /u/1982mathew
    [link] [comments]

    AC titles and their teams

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 03:29 PM PST

    Can someone who knows make a list with how many teams are and what AC game they did. I know that Black Flag and Origins is the same one.Did this team make something else? What about the other games? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Shakezone
    [link] [comments]

    Lack of palaces in Odyssey

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 08:35 PM PST

    In my many hours of gameplay I have only found once palace, and it's a ruin on Crete. Greek Kings lived in palaces, akropolises and castles yet in this game kings live in small, two-storey houses. Are there any actual palaces in the game that I missed?

    submitted by /u/hellothere564738
    [link] [comments]

    Where do you guys think the future of Assassin's Creed is headed?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 09:11 AM PST

    After the slow evolution of assassin's creed from the silent assassin who uses strategy and precision to take out single targets, to the demi-God warrior who utilizes their skill to out perform entire armies of soldiers; where will the series be headed next? Do you think they will continue to optimize the newer hand to hand combat system, or dial back to the stealth based gameplay? Also if anyone knows the time in which ubisoft is speculated to announce the next title, I'm dying to know.

    submitted by /u/TitaniumLightsaber
    [link] [comments]

    [AC3] Shameless tutoring request

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 12:00 PM PST

    I know I would probably find an answer by doing some focused googling but since I started playing AC3 I found myself looking for info on the web after basically EVERY minute of gameplay, about everything. I'm tired. So I'm shamelessly asking to be fed an answer. Also, I'm not playing the game in English so I could use inaccurate words. Be kind and try to get what I think I mean...

    I need help understanding the Commerce/Fabrication/Reserve functionality of the Homestead:

    • Commerce makes me buy things from people I saved and put to work at the property
    • Fabrication makes me build... things
    • Reserve makes me send convoys of... things... somewhere... for reasons.

    Now, I'm not really sure about what I should buy, and why should I do it in the first place. I can't build anything anyway because my people are all level 0 or 1. And the convoys... I don't get their purpose at all.

    Please, please, can someone help me?

    EDIT: don't know if it's important, but I'm playing the Remastered version of the game.

    Out of respect, I'm letting you know I'll copy-paste the same request in the Ubisoft forum, in order to maximize my chances of getting a reply. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/HungryGuineaPig
    [link] [comments]

    New Assassins Creed Game & Opinion

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 05:55 PM PST

    I'm interested to see what they're going to do with the new assassins creed. I've played through the Ezio series, Unity (the worse imo), Origins, and currently playing Odyssey.

    I'm a huge fan of the games especially Origins, but I've noticed that they've strayed further and further away from the focus of Templar's vs Assassins, which is understandable considering Origins and Odyssey both take place in ancient times.

    I have read that the new Assassins Creed game set to release this year is going to deal with Vikings, which if I feel if they continue with the usage of ships to expand the amount of areas you can explore on the map could be really cool wrapped with Norse mythology.

    I know that in Assassins Creed Chronicles they dipped into China slightly. What I'm really hoping to see at some point is an entire Assassins Creed game centered around Imperial China. I feel it would be beautiful graphics of the Himalayas and the Great Wall, with endless opportunities to really pull together a fantastic story.

    What direction do y'all think this series is gonna go & what other story lines do you want them to explore?

    submitted by /u/_byeeeee_
    [link] [comments]

    Urgent Help Needed: How to get a certain Lieutenant in Odyssey

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 01:09 PM PST

    Do I need to save everyone in order to get Deimos as a Lieutenant? Or is it whoever lives can be used?

    submitted by /u/KingFiain
    [link] [comments]

    Who is the strongest assassin?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 01:00 PM PST

    Now guys hear me out. I know this discussion has took place a lot of times but this time I bring someone new to the table.

    This is based in brute strength and nothing else.

    Recently I finished playing assassin's Creed syndicate jack the reaper dlc. I feel like hands down he was the strongest. He took strait punches from Evie without even flinching. He might not be the fastest since he easily lost sight of evie. It was only after multiple stabs from Evie that he started loosing health from punches. In the form of brute strength he is the strongest.

    Edit: Jacob was so scared of him he has running and hiding from him.( Though I suspect age might be a factor.)

    submitted by /u/therealsarthakjain
    [link] [comments]

    How do you feel about AC 3’s opening?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 07:21 AM PST

    Even hearing all the discussions about how long the game's prologue was, I was still surprised. Nearly half the game's story is spent pre-assassin. Is there a general consensus this sucks, or do people like it? Personally I think a little too much time was spent on Haytham, but overall I didn't mind it too much.

    submitted by /u/LevitarDoom
    [link] [comments]

    Why dont people like aodyssey?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 07:46 PM PST

    Its the best story in ac yet, still feels like ac if your play style is stealth.

    submitted by /u/qetzecoatl
    [link] [comments]

    AC Origins - Legendary vs Rare items?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 03:43 PM PST

    Is it worth to upgrade rare items or should I keep my money only for legendaries?

    submitted by /u/Shakezone
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think they will Reboot AC?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 03:37 PM PST

    Almost done with AC Odyssey really enjoying it. Origins got back after a few games away from AC, by far the story I most loved.

    Brings me to my thought of what if the they reboot AC in a couple of years with Origins/Odyssey playing mechanics? Btw I do miss the blades and silently walking behind an enemy and assassinating them.

    submitted by /u/friesupreme
    [link] [comments]

    Ubisoft running out of Marketable locations and time periods?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 11:34 AM PST

    Obviously it would be very hard to run out of histortorical periods and locations but a time will come when the list of known and popular time periods runs out. Ubisoft hasn't really had any obscure periods, for each game you could find a blockbuster film or TV series to match it. Im not saying ubi wont do any obscure places but they tend to be sticking to places that are recognisable.

    For instance the franchise already seems like a Hollywood version of history,vikings, pirates, Romans, Greeks, Renaissance, the crusades, pyramids etc. The only game obscure to me was revelations which im sure isn't obscure to lots of others.

    What time periods do people think are left that are broadly recognisable to mass audience that Ubisoft might go to? In the next ten years heres what I think we might get not because I think they are great settings but are the most recognizable to a mass audience and likely to sell to a wider audience.

    If you have any big periods that you think I left out please post but remember its not a wish list of obscure or interesting places but the obvious ones that ubi would think would sell most.

    Ww1/ww2, at some stage we will be there.

    Samurai or ninjas

    Wild west

    American civil war

    Medieval britain

    Russian revolution

    Discovery of the new world

    Native Americans pre colonies

    submitted by /u/Rd19900312
    [link] [comments]

    My Counterarguments to LazerzZ’ AC:O Critique (plus a few of my personal thoughts) [MARKED VANILLA/LEGACY OF THE FIRST BLADE SPOILERS!]

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 04:13 PM PST

    At the behest of a friend, I watched a critique of Assassin's Creed: Odyssey by LazerzZ posted over half a year ago. Intrigued by the in-depth commentary, I decided I wanted to throw a few of my own comments and counterpoints as a captivated AC:O fan (who played Black Flag, Unity, and now trying to get into AC3) into the mix. Be warned that you're walking into a giant word wall (and minor to major marked spoilers)!

    Character

    • Lazer complains about the player character (Kassandra/Alexios) being a mixture of a "prebuilt" and "clean slate" character, and that it's bad. I'd counterargue that for the latter, you can be just as erratic in Fallout/Skyrim as you can in Odyssey. The Dragonborn can play a "good guy" while slaughtering Whiterun just the same.
      • That, and I'd argue that not all people are the "same"; I like to think that sometimes people can change their personalities based on their current feelings. A pissy Kassandra is gonna shit on that malaka treating Herodotus versus her being a mediator on a good day.
    • Plus, I'd also like to point out that Kassandra/Alexios can be a clean slate bar their childhood. All you really are given are their backstory, and there's not much else stated about them growing up under the watch of Markos. Perhaps Kassandra can be bitter and vengeful for being betrayed, or have been raised well by Markos and retained her heart.

    Dialogue

    • Lazer points out the dialogue choices are pretty much useless. Lazer, again, points out the character traits might not line up with the storyline, and I would still refer to my first point. Hades, even the Cult and other evils point out that Kassandra benefits from the Greek war just as much as the Cult of Kosmos does (theWhimpers through the Fog quest in Legacy of the First Blade covers a moral grayscale better than Modern Warfare's campaign does, by the way, fight me).
      • Lazer states that in Odyssey "Choices do not enhance the story". The same idea can be applied to Fallout New Vegas, too, I think. I remember in New Vegas that I was given the choice to just be a piece of shit to the Nightkins in their town and then go along my merry way being a "friendly" guy to the NCR and the Strip as if I wasn't a psychopath who just eradicated Jacobstown. That doesn't enhance the main story of "The NCR and Legion are fighting for New Vegas", and like I said can even create a dissonance if you're trying to roleplay a paragon (as I mentioned in "Character").

    Choice

    • I can't help but agree with Lazer's critiques here, for the most part. Fallout does this pretty well (except 4, ugh) with most destroyed towns turning into a dump in the ending slideshow if you massacre them.
      • However, I'd like to point out that Red Dead Redemption 2 has a similar "choice" flaw, though in a different way; Arthur is always set on a path to doom due to being railroaded via plot. Even though I love RDR2 even I have to admit that drives me insane. Sure, the story is awesome for RDR2, but your money and status never truly affects the game itself aside for maybe a few lines of dialogue here and there and Arthur's demise. It's even worse for the Epilogue, where nothing you do matters at all..

    Levelling

    • I haven't really had any issues with levelling up in the early game, since I always went after the gold-marked side quests. I can definitely agree that levelling can be annoying in the late-game, though. That said, you can easily get XP by deleting mercenaries left and right alongside getting into Conquest Battles, so you don't have to address those pesky radiant quests. (Seriously, though? You want me to kill the bandits instead of retrieving the supplies they stole from you? I don't know what's worse, the Greeks asking Kassandra that "EveRYonE musT DIe" or Preston Garvey telling you another settlement needs your help).
    • Microtransactions haven't been an issue with me, personally, since I've specced Kassandra to be a one-shot she-assassin even against higher-level mercenaries. In turn I don't have to level up my gear and don't deal with the looting/XP issues Lazer points out.
    • The XP farming stuff being patched is dumb, though, I can certainly agree with that too. Same with grinding materials, though again I've found just playing the game and deleting mercenaries via a one-hit assassination lets me not care so much about farming materials (despite how gods-awful the final upgrades on the Adrestia are). I can see the argument here, though, and can't really say anything more than it feels okay to me. Those last two words being the key phrase, since I can understand people being irritated over the grinding issues.

    World

    • I have to concede on the world being relatively useless, too. I definitely think the Greek world kind of relies on Phobos way too much for travel, and Phobos feels... well, awful in comparison to the RDR2 horses. In RDR2 the horses have a personality and interact with you. Phobos just... is there.
    • World interaction is definitely lacking, too. You don't have social stealth any more, though I'd argue this is less important because Kassandra is a misthios and not an assassin.
      • Still... I woulda wished Kassandra could talk to other people like Arthur does in RDR2. Imagine being able to call whoever you wanted a malaka and instigate fights!
      • Also... God damn it, Lazer, you kinda spoiled RDR2's endgame with your footage of Valentine. Coulda used Arthur instead...

    Side Quests

    • Side quests are vast in number. Most of the gold "side quests" are pretty decent and numerous, though again I can admit they hold no candle compared to RDR2 and HZD (though I'd still argue Red Dead 2 has a railroad problem with "ride here, kill people, run away").
      • Overall, though, I'm, again, going to have to concede to Lazer's logic here. The side quests could have been much more fleshed out, and I'm sure that Odyssey would have been able to reach RDR2 and TW3's style if Odyssey also had eight years to be developed instead of its three. (Bonus points to Ubisoft for not burning its employees out with crunch time unlike Rockstar!)

    Minor Issues

    • Ikaros was a good addition, smh.
      • No, seriously. I went back to AC3 and- for better or worse- found myself longing for Ikaros' eyes. HZD and AC:O have good tracking mechanics, IMO, that let me see whatever I needed.
    • A lot of the animations in the radiant quests are garbage (they're garbage in general), yeah. But honestly, I found the cutscene pans and Kassandra's Voice/Performance Actress (huge credit to her for making AC:O special, by the way!) pulling a lot of the "mediocre" conversations up a notch. And to be honest, it certainly works better than some of HZD's conversations (which can be equally robotic, yikes) excluding TFW, which actually helped bring its cutscenes up to Odyssey's main storyline convos/cutscenes IMO.
    • Okay, the potential romance of Aspasia was dumb as rocks. I think you could still pick romance options with 'em waaaay before your final encounter, though, which would explain that weird jarring choice.

    Cultists

    • A lot of the cultists have no personality, yeah. I wish it had been fleshed out and all of them had their own questline. I still remember quite a few of the cultists who did have main storyline bios like the woman who stole baby Alexios/Deimos, and who you could either chase down or choose to save a baby in a burning building, the fucking Spartan leader being a TR-8R of all people, the man blackmailed into working for the Cult due to his family being kidnapped, et cetera.
    • The Legacy has this exact same flaw. A lot of the main storyline "Cultists" had their own storyline, but the others are absolute fluff.

    DLC (Legacy of the First Blade)

    • Alright, choice was kinda thrown outta the window here. Fuck the railroading in general; I feel Legacy would have better if the actual original writers had been given the reins for this rather than some random nobody.
    • By the way, as someone who really wasn't into Assassin's Creed lore, I didn't really pick up on the minute Assassin's Creed details Lazer points out. Guess I'm a malaka for not being a hardcore AC fan, huh?
      • Honestly, I didn't really notice the dissonance with Kassandra/Darius being able to Leap of Faith way before real Assassins could, and the latter's Hidden Blade being anachronistic. Plus, the pyramid building... lol. Small nitpick, but I can see why people'd be mad considering AC gamess usually pride themselves on historical accuracy.

    I haven't played Atlantis, so I can't watch nor comment on that part. Sorry.

    Conclusion/Personal Notes

    • I'm a little bit surprised Lazer didn't go into depth of the gameplay being a load of button mashes. I think that's a completely fine critique, but at the same time I still kind of felt like direct fighting was (and I'm probably going to be lynched for this) better than Black Flag/Unity.
      • Now, hear me out. In basic combat for Black Flag (and 3 as far as I can tell), you can instakill a lot of peons with a simple counter, waiting for them to come to you. I can argue that was more button mashy than Odyssey, since all you really had was that and basic dodges. And judging by the "longest kill streak ever" video for IV, most enemies attack you one at a time. In Odyssey you've got archers, shieldsmen, heavy attackers... (Those Cultist dagger-users can be extremely deadly, by the way!) And Athenians/Spartans have unique traits such as using their shields or going into a berserker rage.
      • Also, side note: I kind of prefer Odyssey's combat over TW3 too. That game is just clunky in combat (I think that was one of the main things that turned me off from TW3), and I especially found ranged combat via the crossbow being absolutely useless. The same issue goes with RDR2 with Deadeye almost being mandated for some parts (like sniping). In Odyssey, the Adrenaline mechanic was absolutely fine to me. You could easily go without using the Spear of Leonidas if you wanted to, and the Greeks' bows are certainly superior to Geralt's unintuitive crossbow (though it's not as fluent as Aloy's bow in HZD).
      • Out-of combat assassinations can be a mixed bag. On the one hand, you definitely have the fact that you can't instantly kill everyone unless you run a build for it, so it's not quite an Assassin's Creed game unless you set yourself up for it like I did (which isn't really possible until mid-game when you get the Pirate or Pilgrim set). On the other, you have a good chunk of choices for stealth once you've gotten ready for assassinations. Ikaros distracting/marking foes, using Ghost Arrows of Artemis, Shadow of Nyx... The list of stealth tools you've got go on and on.
    • Oh, and just a stupid little note from me: I think the "customization" part that I think was vaguely mentioned in the video (or someone mentioned it in the comments) is the best. Aesthetic-wise, if I want to be wearing Kassandra's "iconic" misthios outfit, I'm not punished for it because I can visually put that over the Pirate set that I'm rocking right now.

    Overall, though, my main disagreement with Lazer's critique is with his story/narrative points. I do agree with (and respect) his points on the gameplay dissonance alongside the less-than-stellar Legacy the first DLC left for Odyssey. All in all, though, I still think I'll stay close to being an Odyssey fan despite its flaws, and for now it remains one of my current favorite video games, alongside HZD and RDR2.

    This wraps up my thoughts on LazerzZ' (over half a year old) video. If you have any arguments/countercriticisms, please let me know. Constructive criticism and feedback is certainly welcome!

    submitted by /u/FactionGuerrilla
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment