• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 15, 2020

    Assassin's Creed If you want to play an AC: Odyssey drinking game, down a shot every time someone says "the Greek world".

    Assassin's Creed If you want to play an AC: Odyssey drinking game, down a shot every time someone says "the Greek world".


    If you want to play an AC: Odyssey drinking game, down a shot every time someone says "the Greek world".

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 05:35 PM PST

    And if you want alcohol poisoning within the hour, take another shot every time someone says "malaka".

    submitted by /u/Unperfect__One
    [link] [comments]

    Among all the discussions about the next AC everyone seems to have forgotten the fact that Ashraf Ismail & his team are in charge of it. They are already 2 for 2 with their AC games & I have full faith in them to deliver another special entry in the next game.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 04:37 AM PST

    I of course don't need to elaborate about the fact that Black Flag is beloved by many, but because Odyssey was the latest game everyone still has that on their minds when thinking about the next AC. Ashraf was not responsible for that game.

    Odyssey, though it used the same engine, was NOT Origins. Ashraf's approach to world building in Origins was overwhelmingly beautiful. Each region of Egypt was topographically & visually distinct from all the others. No two areas felt and operated alike. The amazing variety of deserts in Origins flat out blew my mind because they weren't just the same thing copied over again. In fact unlike the copy/paste approach of Odyssey with its outposts/forts which were too many in number and all felt exactly alike, the outposts/forts in Origins were few in number and each very unique architecturally as well. The actual serendipity of discovery was at its strongest in Origins. All of the caves, mountains, encampments, though similar in their in game nature, nonetheless looked & felt different, alluding to the thought that was put into them by Ashraf and his team. The horseback riding in Origins is arguably the smoothest operating horseback mechanics of the 8th gen in gaming. No other mount in any game, even Horizon Zero Dawn, had the smoothness of that (even the horses in RdR2 were a bit clunky to operate at times). It's a feature that is grossly overlooked & unappreciated. The length of your melee weapon affected your swing meter, the horse never tired, & amazingly there were these epic horse chases in the desert when you encountered bandits or ran afoul of patrols on their camels. The art direction of Origins and the sense that something somewhere in that world is going on without you was palpable. I still remember being in Alexandria and randomly popping into a house only to find out it was a rebel outpost and the rebels would have conversations about their struggles against the Ptolmeys. I thought for those reasons and more Ashraf hit a stride with the world of Origins. I fully trust Ashraf in his approach. He is my favorite game director and if Black Flag and Origins are anything to go by, I fully believe whatever the next AC game will be or how large it will be, that the sense of discovery and variety will be present as it has been in his previous games.

    Edit: I'm not saying Odyssey wasn't good. Odyssey was a lot of fun, I spent 300 hours in it, and though I do agree it was a bit bloated It was the ancient Greek/Spartan RPG I always wanted. I thought Kassandra was a multifaceted humanized character who I empathized with easily. That being said the world itself didn't have the same magic as Origins. The wilderness itself in Odyssey felt sterile & artificial a lot of the times, not to say it didn't look good but Origins/Black Flag figured out the right formula of allowing the world breathing room while filling it with interesting things to discover. IMO I didn't think Odyssey had that formula that made its world as exotic as the Caribbean in BF or as vivid as the Sahara wilderness of Origins.

    submitted by /u/GenericReditUserName
    [link] [comments]

    So, Kassandra has canonically murdered civilians, right?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:48 PM PST

    Because usually when you kill civilians in these games, you're desynchronised because the ancestors didn't kill innocents, however, in Odyssey you can wipe out a small town, and all the game does is send mercenaries after you. It definitely can't be an oversight, so that can only mean that Kassandra had a habit of just murdering civilians.

    submitted by /u/L0rdJaxon
    [link] [comments]

    Who wants a remake of assassins creed 1 I do

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 05:54 PM PST

    Just make a new graphics system new movement system and parkour

    submitted by /u/cporter1996
    [link] [comments]

    Revelations ending is badass.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 10:07 AM PST

    I've just beaten assassin's Creed Revelations. Now so far it has the best ending. It was so badass that you open up Altair's library and see his final moments. I've been impressed beyond belief.

    submitted by /u/TimeBreakerBaba
    [link] [comments]

    *Spoiler Alert* Power Level Annoyance

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 11:09 PM PST

    I find it a bit annoying that the game "catches up" to your current power level. At the beginning of the game when you're first introduced to Kassandra (Deimos), she's a level 35 but once you make it to level 35 and above, her lower level increases too. I noticed it does that with the rest of the cult members as well. Midas was a level 20 but once I got to level 20 suddenly he was a level 22. But I guess the other side of the argument is that it makes it more challenging, I guess.

    submitted by /u/nuagesk8r
    [link] [comments]

    r/assassinscreed, we need your help with our survey!

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 02:48 PM PST

    Hi Reddit!
    For an MA-course at the University of Amsterdam, we are studying various ways of using 3D models of historical environments to get people more acquainted with the past.

    To do so, we are currently looking at Assassin's Creed, specifically their Discovery Tours, and we are very interested in your opinion on them! We would be very grateful if you could answer a few questions about the game, which you can find here:

    https://forms.gle/JbXeTLHj91Gs6bmdA

    The results will of course be processed anonymously and not published in any form. They will only be used for the purpose of this particular class. Thanks so much in advance!

    submitted by /u/Andthemountain
    [link] [comments]

    Syndicate is the perfect middle ground game

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 05:14 PM PST

    A few weeks ago I asked what games to play after completing Odyssey and Origins and the ezio collection was easily the most stated game. I played through ac2 and, while I was able to enjoy certain aspects of it, I was not hooked onto the gameplay (the story was pretty good though).

    Afterwards, on a whim, I decided to pick up and play Syndicate, and wow, this game is the middle ground for the series which fans of the newer games should pick up. Although the setting is very different (19th century London vs Ancient Egypt and Greece), there are several similar aspects in Syndicate which appear in the newer gangs. Here are a few:

    1. Ducking and whistling are both manual controls which are possible at all times. This is big since some of the older games did not feature this or only in a limited amount. Both of these allows for hiding and baiting enemies in almost any surrounding, something the newer games used heavily
    2. RPG mechanics. Like Origins and Odyssey, you are able to level up and gain new skills via skill tree. Although this is much more subdued than the newer games, its presence is something to note
    3. Large, connected World. Although Syndicate's world pales in comparison to Origins and Odyssey in size, it is still pretty big with plenty of things to do all throughout it rather than being interconnected subareas like some of the past games.
    4. Gang Wars. Similar to the warring factions in Odyssey, the gang wars require you to conquer lands for your gang and end with fighting in a large group (though i think Odyssey did it better through its larger scale). The effects are felt much more in Syndicate and it makes your gang feel much more powerful as you gain control of London. Its chaotic and its fun.

    Syndicate really does feel like the best game to play after Origins and Odyssey if you wanted to experience the older games but still have something similar as a base. I am loving it so far and cannot wait to continue playing.

    submitted by /u/Monic_maker
    [link] [comments]

    AC3 Remastered Sequence 8: Public Execution

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 10:59 PM PST

    Istg, I have been trying this mission for two hours and failing.

    I run assassinate the first guard, run pass the second, run assassinate the third and Hickey killed both of the guards.

    I run assassinate the first, chase Hickey, tackle him and turn to a guard and hickey kills both bodyguards as I cant kill the last guard.

    I chase hickey, tackle him, hit him ONCE and he died instantly and I had to reset.

    I chase hickey, tackle him, turn to the two guards and hickey kills the bodyguards.

    I looked up tutorials and guides and still failed. How am I even supposed to finish this 100%? It doesnt help that the games on youtube I see are so clear and devoid of civilians- How-- My entire game in this sequence was filled with people and I couldnt make it through one without bumping into someone. If someone can actually tell me what I'm doing wrong, that would be bloody great.

    submitted by /u/WishXII
    [link] [comments]

    Of the games on the Switch, is Rebel Collection an acceptable entry point for a new player?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 10:19 PM PST

    I searched the sub for similar questions and found nothing, so apologies if this has been asked.

    My only serious system is the Switch, and I'm considering the Rebel Collection. I have a VERY basic knowledge of the series, but do I need to know more before picking up this combo pack? A quick check showed a handful of other AC games that are on the Switch- do I need to play any of them? Nothing I've found has indicated whether this is a standalone game. I mostly mean before the bundle to understand important story points, but I'd also love suggestions of the other games that are good.

    I fully realize that basically all Switch ports are sad, but I've gotten through Skyrim and Witcher 3 and had a blast, so I don't think the shortcomings are going to be deal breakers for me. I would also welcome suggestions of action/adventure/RPGs that are great from other series, unless that's not allowed here- definitely not trying to rock the boat!

    I've never owned so many games for one system, and it's amazing to see games that used to be inaccessible for me to be brought to my Scooty-Puff, Jr console. Thank you all for your tips!

    submitted by /u/don_Juan_oven
    [link] [comments]

    Lynx pet is amazing! Probably the best!

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 10:05 PM PST

    I had the alpha bear and alpha lion, and to me I think the kind just has better survivability since it can actually Dodge. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/fizzbish
    [link] [comments]

    Favourite Assassins Creed Protagonist (Not including Layla and Desmond)

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:16 PM PST

    Mine are Bayek and Edward

    submitted by /u/332461847
    [link] [comments]

    What would you think of an AC with a MC that was raised in isolation to be the "perfect" Templar or Assassin?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 06:06 PM PST

    So this is a double question so here's the first part:

    MC raised to be "perfect" Templar:

    How I see this would kinda be for the first (maybe first two) "Acts", you would play the MC as a kid to see how they were raised to be the "perfect" Templar.

    And then the next two and a half acts, you would play as a Templar, killing Assassins and what not.

    And then(since the game is called Assassin's Creed), through some bizarre twist of fate, your character will find him or herself, slowly but surely starting to betray the Templar order and becoming an Assassin.

    Second Part:

    MC raised to be "perfect" Assassin

    How I see this would be for the first few acts is the same as the Templar one, but as an Assassin. One main difference would be that they would have to create this Assassin group to be corrupt.

    Basically, the MC will have to start realizing that the way he/she has been taught is corrupt and that the sub-order(?) that they are working for, that they Grew into, is no better than the Templars that he/she have been killing.

    So to end this overly long "what-if", How would you feel if they made a game like this? What would you change about the concepts that laid out above? Please don't feel scared to criticize my ideas, This is the first time I have done something like this, so I would really appreciate it if you gave me tips on how to better create concepts.

    submitted by /u/Thetorchking
    [link] [comments]

    (Switch) Assassin's Creed Rogue micro stutter??

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 11:57 PM PST

    Hey guys, bought the rebel collection recently for Switch, and just finished playing through Black Flag and it's DLC. Moved on to Rogue, and I've noticed in the first half hour that there's a constant micro stutter when playing. I can be just sitting in a spot doing nothing, yet it happens. More annoyingly is that the music actually micro stutters along with it. Has anyone else experienced this? It's quite annoying for an older game like this to have such a problem.

    I looked around online but haven't seen anyone mention this. Find this really odd as it's quite apparent when I'm playing. Not sure how others could miss it, but at the same time, I find it hard to believe it's only happening on my Switch.

    Edit: annnnd while I was harpooning a humpback, it acted as though i got him with a harpoon, with everyone cheering, but I didn't, and the whale for some reason went in a straight line away from me, surfacing every once in a while. By the time I realized it was a glitch and wasted all my harpoons so I could get out of the mini game, the whale was a black dot in the distance. Could barely even make it out... Seriously... How old is this game and it's still riddled with performance issues?... Ubisoft ftw..

    submitted by /u/MavSynchroid10
    [link] [comments]

    I hope the next game's map does not attempt to cover too much IRL ground, regardless of the ingame map size

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 05:06 AM PST

    There have been a few posts on this subreddit calling for the return to a much smaller map in future games(some down to a single city). I don't share this sentiment all that much, since my main issue regarding future titles is not with the game's map size, but with how much is depicted on it.

    I know the leaks/rumors have nearly all been debunked by now, but some of the ideas of what could all be contained in a Viking-centered game appeared rather absurd to me. Even if the map was double the size of Odyssey, having it contain the British Isles, Scandinavia, northern France/HRE, the Baltics into Russia, Iceland, in some proposals even North America and the Mediterranean, would make all those places feel incredibly cramped and reduce many interesting settings to sidequests. Origins and Odyssey could somewhat get away with it for me because they also portray what is generally understood as a single cultural region, yet even they(especially Odyssey in the middle of the map) felt very stuffed at points. Doing this with a number of completely different cultures and geographical regions would inevitably lead to many interesting settings losing their identiy and uniqueness if they are not even the focus of the game. I can't imagine climbing a church in London for example and just seeing every landmark from England as well as Ireland, Paris, Denmark and the mountains of Norway all on the horizon at the same time. Or Ireland being reduced to a medium-sized island from Odyssey that has 2 sidequests, one landmark, a fort and a few camps strewn about.

    I know that too much focus on a single location can have you burn out on it - Unity and Syndicate went too far in that direction for me, but I think just limiting the game's scope to two of those regions instead of half a dozen would still offer more than enough variety and also allow the developers to depict some lesser known features of those regions instead of being limited to the most popular tourist attractions.

    tl:dr: I would prefer a 20x20km map of the British Isles over a 20x20km map of half the northern hemisphere.

    submitted by /u/Sorstalas
    [link] [comments]

    A few months ago I made a post that offhandedly stated the Libertarian views I saw in Assassin's Creed. I didn't do a good job explaining what I meant when folks asked, but this video does it well.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 10:25 PM PST

    AC3 Remastered on pc is great with ups and downs

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 05:14 PM PST

    I got the remastered game when I got Assassin's Creed Odyssey Ultimate Edition last year but was busy with other games on my backlog. Well it's the new year and figured I'd play through the games again. The remaster is pretty well done, there are lighting issues and looks worse than the original. Most textures are better especially environment textures and some clothing. Frames is locked at 63 fps, easily obtainable now that I've upgraded my rig. Didn't find a way to remove the limit (also heard that high frames from the original could cause glitches and such). Combat and parkour seems to be improved as well. The combat (that can be clunky at times) was actually very refreshing going back to after playing Odyssey recently. Kill moves and animations are visceral and carries weight and satisfaction when execution chained kills and initiating multi foe kill camera. I missed that in Origins and Odyssey. Sure their combat is improved upon and better in some aspects, but the variety and the actual violence and blood from Assassin's Creed 3 felt so good. Just today I was taking over an enemy fort and was engaged by several enemies and captains. Used the reflex shot from my pistol and a kill scene triggered and next thing I know I'm jamming my pistol in the mouth of a captain and physically moving his head towards a captain behind him and blew both their brains out. I don't know if it's something about the remaster that triggers these scenes more often than the original or what, but I'm loving it. Combat is fun again and doesn't feel like a chore for building up adrenaline for your little bar to fill up for your weapon to do a super move. You just fuck shit up. Period. If you're still on the fence for the Remaster but enjoyed the original a lot then this is a great addition.

    submitted by /u/RiddickOfRivia
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished the Olympic games and the whole time leading up to it I was thinking "ok no way they're gonna make THIS lame and disappointing theyre talking about spear throwing and discus and chariots AND bare knuckle boxing?!"

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 11:26 PM PST

    But nope.. they... they pulled it off. The games streak of staggering disappointment continues. It's like they were handed this project and told "this is the files to our Egyptian MASTERPIECE you guys should take it and make a GREEK story and the Quebec team said "awe do we haaaave toooo"

    submitted by /u/ColtiusMaximus
    [link] [comments]

    Does the Nintendo DS (and all less advertised) AC games are relevant for the story?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:06 PM PST

    I'm currently replaying through every AC game except the minor ones. I planned to play every game that are available on Xbox (remaster if possible). Are Altaïr Chronicles and the others relevant for the Assassins story? Or do they only add background information about the characters?

    submitted by /u/Astralis56
    [link] [comments]

    Difficulty progressing in AC Rogue

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:04 PM PST

    After getting The Rebel Collection on my Switch, I first finished Black Flag and now am playing Rogue. I am currently on the "Honour and Loyalty" main mission where I have to locate Monro. The issue is that as I approach the waypoint I am told that I "moved too far from allies". What triggers this to happen, and what can I do differently to fix it?

    submitted by /u/Zedstrian
    [link] [comments]

    replaying assassin's creed 2 and its the first game story to interest me in a while.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 02:03 AM PST

    first time i played it i was maybe 12 years old and i loved it, i got sucked into the ac lore and spent days just reading and watching lore related stuff, now im trying it again and wow. usually when playing open world games i skip the story cause i just want to mess around in the world and progress my character without being forced through an irritating story, which was one of my main problems with far cry 3. but in ac2 i was just playing the story mission after mission nonstop and forgot to play the open world like i usually prefer. im no writer or reviewer and i dont really know how to critique games, but I really enjoyed ac2 story and cant wait to complete it

    submitted by /u/GiantCockTroglodyte
    [link] [comments]

    All AC: Odyssey legendary boss fights?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 05:58 PM PST

    So far, I have defeated Steropes, the Minotaur, Medusa, the Sphinx, the Cyclops, Cerberos, the Hekatonchires and Arges. I am wondering if there are any more legendary boss fights in the game that I do not know about?

    submitted by /u/trap1234564321
    [link] [comments]

    Is Poseidon's trident the trident of Eden (Please no Last Descendants spoilers)

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 10:03 AM PST

    I am listening to the Last Descendants audiobook. Is the trident the same trident Poseidon had?

    submitted by /u/leftisthominid
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment