• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 1, 2019

    Assassin's Creed I just finished the Ezio Collection and it was one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I’ve ever had.

    Assassin's Creed I just finished the Ezio Collection and it was one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I’ve ever had.


    I just finished the Ezio Collection and it was one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I’ve ever had.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 08:24 PM PDT

    Several weeks ago I posted that I bought the Ezio Collection on sale and started playing Revelations. About a third of the way through I began to contemplate playing AC2 and Brotherhood first to have a deeper understanding of the story. I can confidently say that now that I've played through the entire trilogy, I'm extremely happy with the decision I've made. I've rarely felt a connection to a protagonist like Ezio Auditore and the story (particularly in AC2) completely blew me away. For me, the most powerful scene was when Ezio showed Savonarola mercy during his execution and proceeded to give a speech to the citizens of Florence. I truly felt special making it that far, grinding through all the targets I had to kill. And to top it all off, Ezio's monologue at Masyaf in Revelations tied up the stories of Ezio, Altaïr and Desmond and I truly felt as though they all had a connection despite never meeting each other. The Ezio Collection was overall a masterpiece and I don't think any game that I'll ever play will recapture what I felt when I played this game.

    submitted by /u/BobStookey
    [link] [comments]

    What makes an Assassin's Creed... an Assassin's Creed?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 04:01 AM PDT

    (Sorry for my English) I'm playing the DLCs of Odyssey and... I really don't like them. I actually don't like the game. I can't find in it the key points I felt in love with many years ago. Ok, it has very very very very bad dialogue mechanics, one of the worst characters acting performances I've ever seen, a too diluted story in a too large world and a strained RPG structure that I felt so unnatural to play, and these are the reasons why I consider it a bad videogame, but the real reason why I don't like this game is that it's not an Assassin's Creed (in my opinion). I won't make spoilers, but I talk about gameplay and narrative mechanics.

    P.S. (even if it's before the scriptum): I was trying to write a discussion about the key points of Assassin's Creed games, but it resulted in a post against Odyssey. Sorry, I really wanted to be more generic but I can't control the creature inside me who knows that this game represents the temporary death of Assassin's Creed.

    -SENSE OF MYSTERY: this is one of the most important things. When in past games the characters get in touch with strange artifacts or strange people, the reactions were a mix of fear and curiosity. Can you remember Ezio, Machiavelli and Leonardo watching the Apple with that gaze? They were so afraid and seduced. Everything needed to be hidden and not to be abused. Now: "What is this sparkling object? Mh. Who knows? Maybe gods' stuff? Idk. Let's put it in my bag and check if there's a good mercenary contract." and everything is ALWAYS in the public eye! Reactions are never realistic.

    -ANIMUS: everyone has already said it. The Animus allows you to live a past life, a written life. You can't decide anything, you're just a spectator. Ok it's a game and you can control the character and decide where to go and how to kill someone but you CAN'T change the story. Now you can and it's not just a logic mistake that contradicts the sense of Animus, it's a mechanics that kills its appeal. Now it's a confused time machine. In past games you could see the lives of great personalities with their values and flaws, being "passive" to their decisions. And IT was fascinating. Now I've the feeling that Kassandra wants to release his nature and personality but she's trapped in these fucking multi-choice dialogues. New Animus doesn't make sense.

    -CONTEXTUALIZATION: the difference between Assassin's Creed and another fantasy game is the contextualization. What I used to love is that humans could interact with weird objetcs, ok, but they were humans. Being able to use something like "magic" didn't create a fantasy world! I don't know how to explain. Renaissance Italy was tangible, was real, was HUMAN. Every "magic" object or person were relegated in a very small space of the world, accessible by almost no one. And first of all EVERYTHING WAS EXPLAINED. Now you can meet legendary creatures and strange events in entire Greece and nothing is contextualized. Nothing is explained. Kassandra can transform in superman and use superpowers without any sense, she can throw herself from hundreds of meters without problems. Greece is a fantasy world. (I can't remember if Origins had these problems too).

    -PARAMETERS: related to previous point. It's not possible that in an Assassin's Creed world an arrow between the eyes subtracts 5% HP. Just because now there are levels. It's outrageus that if Kassandra plants a spear tip in an enemy neck from behind, he doesn't die. Level system kills immersion. It's not for games that want to represent a realistic world. It could be good if contextualized in this world. If levels allowed you to obtain just new skills like combat combos that you should learn to use, it could be interesting, but in this game "level up = damage up + keys combination that makes you superman". Ok I would spend hours explaining why the combat system is ridiculous for me, but now I focus on these parameters that kill the tangibility of this world and make the game based not on skills but on parameters and grinding..... grinding...

    -GRINDING: no, I won't talk about this foulness.

    -NARRATION: pay attention. Narration is not the plot. Narration is how the plot is told about. If I liked the plot of all Assassin's Creed games, I'd have serious cognitive problems. But I think that they always tried to tell about the plot in a good way. The narration has always been one of the protagonists. There were not too many characters giving you missions and there were always very good cutscenes... cutscenes.......... cutscenes. In Odyssey there are maybe ten cutscenes. I mean that there are few scenes in which we see a real acting of characters with a dedicated motion capture session. For 95% of cutscenes there's a system of default animations through the game engine that gives you the illusion of cutscene. This killed my story fruition. Ok there are hundreds of missions and dialogues and I don't demand such a great job on every scene, but: 1) produce nice cutscenes at least for the main quest! 2) did we really need all these missions? Yes, because there are millions of secondary quests, and I barely found interesting the 20% of them. But many of them are excuses to explore places that if there wasn't a quest in them you'd never visit them. The map is uselessly large. And many of these missions are a way to grind... grind.... grr.

    -NOWADAYS: I don't have time, but what are you doing with the present days?? Fuck off Layla, we want a worthy sequel of Desmond story. We deserve it.

    That's all, I think. I surely forgot something but I said important things. I touched the superman abilities you can unlock but I don't want to touch deeply the combat system. I don't like it, I don't think it's suitable for a game in which you must fight against many enemies simultaneously. And some special enemy suffers damage but doesn't stumble. They can hit you while you are hitting them. They don't defend, they simply don't have the animation from the damage suffered, so it's unpredictable. And I find hilarious when an enemy gets angry, becomes red, screams, and generates a shock wave that throws you away... but hey, they're almost superman too. But these are problems I feel with the game design, not with its "non-Assassin's Creed nature" (apart from the superman-nature of enemies).

    What do you think? What are the key points of an Assassin's Creed? Is Odyssey an AC? What the fuck is Ubisoft doing? And when will we obtain the nowadays storyline we deserve?????

    Edited to correct grammar errors

    submitted by /u/mcruby123
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anyone that would be willing to play Black Flag multiplayer for a while?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 01:03 PM PDT

    I'm going for the All Rounder trophy and only need to play a round of Assassinate!

    UPDATE: Thank you to PSNID fightalexfight22 for helping me in Assassinate and granting me the All Rounder trophy! Now onward to lvl 55 and it's the Platinum from there!

    submitted by /u/ACwyn4199
    [link] [comments]

    From October 1st to November 4th, Assassin's Creed Odyssey will have a different epic encounter (Mercenary/Ship) every day.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 11:57 AM PDT

    https://www.facebook.com/assassinscreed/photos/a.91803738067/10156949835183068/?type=3&theater

    For the one-year anniversary. More details in the October blog post tomorrow.

    Wonder if we'll see anything else.

    submitted by /u/chemicalxv
    [link] [comments]

    Opinions on Philip IV and the Persecution of the Templars

    Posted: 01 Oct 2019 12:22 AM PDT

    I ended up on a long tangent tonight that kinda came full circle. I was reading the Beer Tasting Notes from Syndicate, that led me to reading about beer IRL, to cranberries, to The Cranberries, to John Paul II and the history of the papacy. When it got to the Avignon Papacy it started to come back around, since that started in opposition to Philip IV. I've read about the whole scandal before, but I'm coming back to it again from a different angle.

    In-universe, the Assassins provided the real push that got Philip from simply being heavily in debt to the Templars to actually purging the French Rite. My question is where opinions are on the Assassin's involvement. This is for both fellow players as well as for characters in-universe as well. The contemporary French Brotherhood, or at the very least their leadership, felt that using that level of deception was necessary in order to win their conflict with the Templars. They'd already been killing each other for generations upon generations, but this is unusual territory. We've seen Assassins expose Templar treachery before; AFAIK in all other remotely similar cases, the Templar acts being exposed were legitimate. They were being called out for stuff they actually did. The affair with Philip IV was different because they were being purged over largely baseless claims. What's more, the purge was just that, a purge. It wasn't just targeted at Templar leadership. It appears guilt was determined mostly by association, and the result? We've seen similar things in pogroms and cases of ethnic cleansing. I don't know about you, but that leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.

    If the Assassins at the time didn't think it was justified, they wouldn't have done it. According to the wiki Thomas de Carneillon had some reservations on the plan, worried that the public heresy charges and trial would simply drive the Templars underground and that they'd end up stronger for it (spoilers: he was right). But he still went along with it and led a contingent of "Flemish mercenaries" (disguised Assassins) against the Templars with Philip IV's blessing.

    Besides this one case, I've seen nothing on in-universe takes on the affair from the Assassins' point of view. Sure, the Templars venerate de Molay as a martyr, big shocker. But none of the modern Assassins we see have offered their take. And I don't know where the opinions of other IRL audience members lay either. I'm curious. My opinions on the issue are self-evident, but I'm open to other perspectives.

    submitted by /u/altmetalkid
    [link] [comments]

    More scripted story missions in future titles

    Posted: 01 Oct 2019 01:20 AM PDT

    Ubisoft should design more of scripted in story missions like in AC3 as Odyssey lacked and feels almost like a side open quest and non linear

    submitted by /u/Abr1236
    [link] [comments]

    To sum it up - what is the best AC in ur opinion

    Posted: 01 Oct 2019 12:42 AM PDT

    I'm very interested which Assassin's Creed is your favorite. I personally played almost all of them in exception of Rogue und Odyssey. I think that Unity is the best part, just because the parkour elements and the Multiplayer. What are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/HDXSTROYXR
    [link] [comments]

    Need Someone to to Play AC Unity

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 09:44 PM PDT

    Hey guys, is as wondering if there was anyone who wanted to play unity with me. I'm trying to 100% and I if do it alone these coop missions will take a trillion years to power through. I dont have a headset or mic because I'm new to the multiplayer scene but, I'll do my best to be a fair opponent.

    submitted by /u/dstrick1
    [link] [comments]

    York in Assassins Creed 2020

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 09:16 AM PDT

    I really hope York is part of the next Viking AC game as I live 10 mins away from the city and it would just be amazing to visit a place I live so close to irl

    So my question to you all is, what city would you like to see around the North Sea area of Europe in AC 2020?

    submitted by /u/H08S0N
    [link] [comments]

    All Damage versus Ability Damage

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 08:00 PM PDT

    So I just traded out my 10% All Abilities damage, (the legendary engraving that you get with Deimos' armor), for %10 All Damage engraving on my Pirate Armor and I noticed when I went to assassinate a regular guard that I could no longer 1-shot him without Crit damage. Anyone else notice or can explain the difference between all damage and ability damage engravings?

    submitted by /u/notthegrrlnextdoor
    [link] [comments]

    Assassins creed unity PS4 anyone?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 02:42 AM PDT

    It's the only coop ac out there so hit me up

    submitted by /u/JC2K99
    [link] [comments]

    Odyssey was a smart choice by Ubisoft, and a good marketing technique.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 11:18 AM PDT

    Before all the Odyssey haters downvote me to hell, here me out.

    The Assassin's Creed franchise is a classic. People loved it. Unfortunately, the game peaked for sales with Assassin's Creed III, at around 12.5 million units sold in 2015. It's also my favourite game of the franchise, even though Connor can be a bit of a potato sometimes.

    Black Flag sold around 12.2 million units, as Ubisoft knew that in order to keep the interest, they had to focus on something new. They managed to do that, without breaking the formula too much, and still giving us our quasi open world that we loved.

    Unity and Syndicate dropped in sales (not even mentioning Rogue), with Syndicate managing to sell 4.12 million units. That's still not bad, but remember how successful the franchise used to be. Ubisoft wanted to go bigger.

    Taking their hiatus to work on Origins the best thing they did, because it allowed them to take a step back and look at things from a marketing stand point. Another very popular game came out the same year as Syndicate, a very highly acclaimed game we all know and a very large number of us probably love.

    The Witcher 3.

    With no immediate responses in the world of 3rd person RPGs from any of the developers that dominate the industry, I believe Ubisoft saw an opportunity to control the market for these kinds of games. Origins incorporated a lot of these elements, and Odyssey expanded upon them. There's a reason Odyssey sold as many copies as it did, with it's highest active player count being somewhere in the 60k range as of October 2018.

    Of course, that isn't to say Odyssey isn't without it's flaws, but there's definitely a lot of charm in the game. Some of the RPG elements might fall a bit with choices that don't entirely matter, sometimes some dialogue falls flat. But overall, the performances from both protagonists are exceptional, and there's such an amazing sense of wonder when playing the game. I will never forget sailing to Sparta the first time and seeing the towering mountains all around as I rode my horse into the city. Or the time I got over excited and challenged the Minotaur severely under leveled and spent the entire time rolling and shooting him with my bow until I finally won. Same goes with the Kalidonian boar, and a couple other bosses. I have a bad habit.

    All in all, Odyssey gave the general populace what it wanted, and the people complaining about grinding realistically shouldn't have bought it, since it is an RPG. In all honesty, how many times can you pursue generic evil Templar who's trying to control the world with another generic piece of Eden without doing anything else? It gets kinda boring. Odyssey and Origins giving you the option to go do side quests that you feel are actually intriguing is what makes the game work.

    Tldr; AC Odyssey fun game, change is good, stop hating it so much

    submitted by /u/redwave1939
    [link] [comments]

    should I go NG+ now?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 10:50 AM PDT

    so what are the pros and cons of going NG+? I feel like i've done everything i want to do.. all cultists down, max arena, tier 1 merc, lvl 54 i think. i only did the 1st atlantis quest though, haven't bought any DLC's.

    would there be a benefit besides revisiting the story? and is lvl 54 too soon? for clarity, i went easy difficulty with heavy scaling.

    submitted by /u/hanscrolo
    [link] [comments]

    [No spoilers] [Odyssey] What would be best for me to do?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 06:28 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I've got a quick question, hopefully in the right place.

    I recently re-picked up Assassin's Creed Odyssey, I got it on release and loved it, so I've decided to pick it back up, I booted up my save and realised I had no idea where I am or what to do, been that long.

    The question is, I understand that there is a New Game + mode, now I have finished the game, not the DLC, so actually I have a few questions.

    1 - Can I start NG+ if I haven't finished the DLC?

    2 - Is it worth just starting a new save completely or go via NG+? (Does NG+ still have the tutorial parts at the start?)

    3 - Does spent Helix carry over to new games? I believe I bought the shipwreck finder so does that carry over?

    Hopefully I've posted this in the right place, if I haven't, let me know and I'll remove it or a mod can remove it, thank you for your time.

    submitted by /u/SpearLifebee
    [link] [comments]

    AC 2020 map discussion

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 04:19 AM PDT

    Talking about the map, it is similar to Greece i.e North Sea occupies major portion of the map lies in between. Southern Norway, Sweden and entire Denmark on the right side and Eastern coast of British mainland located in Western Side of the map. And maybe Faroe islands at the north side

    submitted by /u/Abr1236
    [link] [comments]

    How protoganist climbs flawlessly in Odyssey?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 10:27 AM PDT

    Game is set before the establishment of Assassin brotherhood and how the character climbs flawlessly just like professional assassin without any trainings and assassin's things, set before the assassin lives on the world?

    submitted by /u/Abr1236
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment