• Breaking News

    Monday, September 16, 2019

    Assassin's Creed Why did AC stop making urban open worlds?

    Assassin's Creed Why did AC stop making urban open worlds?


    Why did AC stop making urban open worlds?

    Posted: 15 Sep 2019 05:19 PM PDT

    I don't get it. I was what made it stand out from most games. How many games do you know set in purely urban environment? GTA maybe? But in historical? There is enough games where you ride around with your horse from village to village. Parkour games are still less common than that. So why give that up? Don't get it.

    submitted by /u/zuluportero
    [link] [comments]

    So I just finished my 100% ac2 run...

    Posted: 15 Sep 2019 03:53 AM PDT

    And woah hold on, before making a hate comment, this is not an "old good" post, I'm going to be doing this for all games (from ac1 which I have done as well) up to rogue:

    100% means that not only do I do the side missions and all the lairs, but it means all of the white spaces in the dna menu are filled, which counts for treasure chests and feathers oh and let's not forget "the truth" which is not in the dna menu.

    These are some notable things I encountered in my playthrough:

    It doesn't feel like a grind and it's actually fun, even though you have to spend much more time in the ac2 world.

    This is actually really useful for new playthroughs, ac2 rewards well-timed clicking and not just mindless spamming, which means that before sequence 5 (when you get the dodge skill) you can use this as a replacer: 5 well-timed (1 click per hit) hits with your sword will result in a finisher. 6 with your knife, with the hidden blade (6 clicks as well) it doesn't happen until they have 2 blocks of health left.

    You get 2 heartwarming cutscenes after 50 and respectively 100 feathers collected. At 50 you get a really good hammer at earliest in sequence 6 (which you still have to buy) and at 100 (spoilers) Maria starts talking again and you get the auditore cape... Which is the opposite of useful: it literally raises your notoriety up to full out of monteriggioni and you can do nothing about it, except switch to another cape.

    Yet another combat tip, which you will encounter later in the game: the deflect stat should not be underestimated. The first weapon with 5/5 deflect you will encounter is the scimitar. BUY IT, ABSOLUTELY DO. The deflect stat will apply a "stun" to your enemy after you deflect an attack, and 5/5 means you can do this consistently: immediately after you deflect, attack an enemy twice. This will result in a normal attack and a finisher. This is how you deal with lots of enemies and powerful ones like brutes.

    The side missions in forli will be the most impactful ones that you play. Do them (in sequence 6) at the very least and you will get a new race mission, after which (spoilers) ezio has sexual intercourse.

    I'm sure most of you had something like 10000 - 11000 florins every 20 minutes flowing in your villa chest, but the max amount you can get is 15000 f. This counts for: shops opened and at level 3, renovations, paintings, weapons, armor sets, codex pages, feathers, Leonardo da Vinci models (flying machine, cart), statuettes (scattered throughout the town of monteriggioni, which also give you a nice 8000 f if you put them back in their place), assassin seals and even the portraits of your targets.

    That's all folks, sorry if I missed something. If you do such a run you will end up with like 400.000 f in your pocket. I might even come back with an ac: brotherhood post if this one gets a lot of feedback. Gbye.

    Edit: sorry for the spoilers, I'm an ugly idiot little baby. It is fixed now, gbye.

    submitted by /u/TheRealSADDE
    [link] [comments]

    I really miss where you could upgrade your colony.

    Posted: 15 Sep 2019 05:35 PM PDT

    It just feels like I'm working on upgrading my ship in odyssey. I loved back in the day with assassin's creed three and Black flag where you could upgrade your colony. Anybody else feel the same?

    submitted by /u/Teddybru
    [link] [comments]

    Altair Master Assassino by me

    Posted: 15 Sep 2019 01:44 AM PDT

    Miss the Ezio games?

    Posted: 15 Sep 2019 01:19 PM PDT

    Do you guys wish they made more Ezio games? Do u wish you could play as Ezio on newer consoles with modern mechanics?

    submitted by /u/SifoDiaz560
    [link] [comments]

    Selective enemies in both Odyssey and Origins

    Posted: 15 Sep 2019 05:43 PM PDT

    Edit: this is some noob shit

    I felt the need to post about it because it's seriously annoying me.

    I didn't play any new games for the past 5 years, last console I had was an Xbox 360, also the last time I bought a game.

    I just started playing again because I was gifted an Xbox one at random, and I always loved the AC series. I played origins, and am currently playing odyssey. I don't have any complaints about them, the combat and leveling shit is fine with me except for this one detail:

    All of a sudden certain enemies don't respond to attacks the same way as others. Like the "more important" enemies (mercenaries, phylakes in origins, etc.)

    It has nothing to do with levels and everything to do with importance of the enemy to quests or bounties. Like seriously, this level "x" dude over here gets knocked back with a charge attack, but suddenly because the same level enemy over here is more important that shit just goes out the window and it becomes a dodge-fest? In odyssey I feel like I can't get a strike in and my bows don't do shit. What is that crap.

    Edit 3: I should clarify I'm not talking about different enemies responding in different ways, I worded that poorly, it's that some don't respond at all, as if they're immune to your attacks and it didn't phase them.

    Edit 2: since I'm on it wtf is with the concept that enemies the same level as you can kill you in 3-4 strikes whereas it's an all out war for you to even damage anyone. I get the game has to be somehow harder on nightmare but Christ, sometimes I just wanna switch it to easy or normal because it's more realistic that way.

    submitted by /u/grossmisconception
    [link] [comments]

    "Introspective Memories" - An Ambient Assassin's Creed Soundtrack Mix featuring Music from all the 11 Games

    Posted: 15 Sep 2019 11:06 AM PDT

    AC Revelations Den Defense Challenges.

    Posted: 15 Sep 2019 03:54 PM PDT

    Can I complete the faction challenge (perform a successful den defense) during the story, or do I have to do it in the open world?

    submitted by /u/Hoonta-Of-Hoontas
    [link] [comments]

    Any ideas on where the AC story is going?

    Posted: 15 Sep 2019 05:16 AM PDT

    Im curious as to what you guys think the story is going to go considering what happened in the Uprising comics it just kinda seems like Ubisoft abandoned what they had been building up since AC2

    submitted by /u/natestanley17
    [link] [comments]

    Ubisoft Won't Be Moving Away From Open-World Game Design Anytime Soon

    Posted: 15 Sep 2019 01:03 AM PDT

    The first moment I became disappointed and a bit tired with Odyssey *light spoilers*

    Posted: 15 Sep 2019 05:44 PM PDT

    After trying hard to get to level 50 so I'll reach the level cap and won't have to upgrade gear ever again it just continued to go. It took away all of the closure, achievement and completion for the sake of having a game you can play forever. It made me feel like I was doing it for nothing. Similar thing happened with mercenaries. I finally hunted down last guy I had left to be no. 1 (I didn't know who he was at first so that was fun) only to reveal completely new another mercenary ladder. I finished the story (all three) to play dlc only to find out that legacy of the first blade was mostly just cult hunt again

    submitted by /u/matianakin
    [link] [comments]

    AC Origins: Completionist - Can I Take Each Area/Zone Bit By Bit?

    Posted: 15 Sep 2019 01:33 PM PDT

    Just got this game and really looking forward to playing it, but it's actually the first AC game I've played in years due to the fact that as a completionist I ended up getting extremely burnt out by the size of the previous game worlds and all the side activities/collectibles there were. After having a break from the franchise, I'm ready to get back into it and have another completionist nightmare, but my question is how well do they space the different areas out? For example, will I be doing a story mission in a certain area and then automatically get moved to a new area whilst still having stuff left to do and collect in the area I was just in? Or can I just move on to a new area when I'm ready, and instead stay in the specific area I'm in making sure to complete it 100% and collect everything?

    I remember in a couple of the previous AC games, a cutscene would happen after a main story mission and when the cutscene ended I'd be in a completely new area all of a sudden, and it made it a chore to remember which zones I've not collected everything in and completed fully.

    submitted by /u/Vanch33387
    [link] [comments]

    I have more of a question from people that might know more about Desmond's son than me but I couldn't find a flair that says question

    Posted: 15 Sep 2019 01:27 PM PDT

    I was searching for something else on the internet & stumbled upon something else . I saw a clip of a audio recording of 2 Abstergo employees talking about Desmond's son a man & a woman I know sages are reincarnated through out history & the man mentioned all the time periods the boy lived through all time periods the games have taken place . The woman says you mean & the guy says yes so they are pretty much saying that the boy was the main characters from the games . They mentioned the Italian Rensaissance so I sure one of the lives they were talking about the boy living was Ezio but if anyone knows for sure &I am wrong please let me know & please let me know what other characters they were talking about that Desmond's son was in past lives because I find it interesting.

    submitted by /u/Selenator365
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know what became of the old Assassin crew?

    Posted: 15 Sep 2019 08:55 AM PDT

    I didnt play Syndicate and I've played up to Origins and playing Odyssey now and in both Origins and Odyssey so there is no mention of Shaun, Rebecca or William. Anyone know what became of them?

    submitted by /u/natestanley17
    [link] [comments]

    Destroy bodies after assassination

    Posted: 15 Sep 2019 12:00 PM PDT

    Destroy bodies after assassination

    How do these types of people get their body destroyed after they assassinate them?

    https://i.redd.it/7vqceeld2tm31.png

    submitted by /u/h0w4b0utn0
    [link] [comments]

    Hades set gone from visual customization

    Posted: 15 Sep 2019 07:56 AM PDT

    The Hades gear set that I bought just disappeared from the visual customization, but I can still wear the set, just not change the look of other gear to that set.

    What is going on?

    https://imgur.com/nfAR7lY

    submitted by /u/Lakupip
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment