• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 4, 2021

    Assassin's Creed Wished we had more in-depth romance options

    Assassin's Creed Wished we had more in-depth romance options


    Wished we had more in-depth romance options

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 07:01 PM PDT

    Title.

    In Valhalla, I really liked Sunniva in Valhalla and wanted a romance option with her.

    But in general, I just wished this feature was more fleshed out and actually be an entire system. Granted, I like how one romance option in Valhalla actually had some sort of consequence. But I wanted a lot more than complete one quest and now you're in a relationship and can kiss them when you talk with them.

    I think it would be awesome to have a Bioware like romance system that players could totally ignore or go all in as a matter a choice. And for myself, I know that having deep romance options/systems really increased the replay value.

    submitted by /u/Vagabond_Tea
    [link] [comments]

    Perceived realism in the Assassin's Creed series (Master's thesis)

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 05:05 AM PDT

    Dear gaming enthusiasts,

    I am a Master student in Communication Sciences at the University of Antwerp (Belgium). In collaboration with professor Steven Malliet and Alexander Vandewalle I am researching realism in historical video games. Specifically, we focus on the Assassin's Creed series.

    The aim of my research is to gain insight into how gamers between the ages of 20 and 30 experience the realism of historical video games, in order to see in which aspects games appear realistic.

    In order for my research to be successful I am looking for enthusiastic gamers between the ages of 20 and 30 who would like to complete my survey. The survey will take about 15 minutes to complete, as you will also be asked to watch a short gameplay video. The answers will be treated confidentially and all data will be handled and processed completely anonymously.

    The survey can be found via the following link:
    https://uantwerpen.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9tYDX82IemUqaa2

    Your participation would be of great help to me and my research.

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/EmmaSimons99
    [link] [comments]

    Regardless of your opinions on the various games, one point of consensus is that Jesper Kyd consistently produces THE MOST FIRE SOUNDTRACKS GAME AFTER GAME

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 12:06 AM PDT

    I used to listen to the music from Assassins creed 2 while studying, and all the way up to the soundtrack from Valhalla, the music gives me chills every time. Shoutout to Jesper Kyd.

    submitted by /u/RepresentativeAd9240
    [link] [comments]

    I really hope the next assassins creed will feature assassins

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 04:48 AM PDT

    As much as I like playing the newer games with historical backdrops, upon going back and replaying some of the earlier games in the series I feel that there is much lacking in the later entries. Most prominently (and this is brought up a lot on this subreddit I'm sure) is the lack of assassins and dense, urban cities to compliment the almost non existent stealth in the most recent entries. I'm not saying they're bad games, it's just they could literally stand on their own as other IP's besides some lore that was tacked on and the name of the game itself. One of the more negative and predatory aspects that has been recently introduced is the micro transactions that I assume aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Anyways, I have heard some rumors floating around that the next game takes place during the 100 years war so I'm pretty hype for that, but I would like to know what you guys think about the direction that the series is headed.

    submitted by /u/Death_Spectre
    [link] [comments]

    Do you any of the AC games classify as prequels?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 08:21 PM PDT

    AC1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, 3, Unity and Syndicate obviously aren't because they move forward.

    But how about Black Flag, Rogue, Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla

    Since Bf and rogue take place before Ac3 and the rpg trilogy takes place before everything else in the franchise.

    submitted by /u/jodlad04
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILER] Interesting detail I found in ac Valhalla

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 08:53 AM PDT

    I have yet to see anybody bring this up on this sub but this detail more or less confirms(if it wasn't already) that Reda is the last living Isu or lived during the time of the Isu and had contact with the likes of Odin etc.

    When Eivor first meets Reda. Reda immediately knows who Eivor is. You are then given a chance to respond with either "how do you know me?" Or "you do seem familiar". This obviously meaning Eivor recognises Reda from some where but he cant remember where or when it was. This leading me to believe that she remembers him from her life as Odin but her memories of it aren't clear and doesnt understand it.

    submitted by /u/MU5A988
    [link] [comments]

    AC Origins combat is very floaty and clunky

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 12:55 PM PDT

    I've been playing AC Origins for 10 hours now,the combat is very floaty, with pretty much no feeling of impact, dodging animation feels pretty unrealistic to say the least, weapons feel like they have no weight to them .

    The worst aspect is that Bayek seems to be sliding on sand and the weapon combos don't flow together in a chain and are pretty jarring to look at, they tried to make it like Witcher 3 but it doesn't have the free flowing and input based nature of Witcher 3 , it seems very animation based and those Bayek rage powerup thingies break the immersion of being in a fight and make the combat feel very arcadey.

    What we're your experiences , did you like or dislike AC Origins combat?

    submitted by /u/Psychological-Bill76
    [link] [comments]

    For a future content update ubi should let us throw a Viking wedding for our chosen romance option.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 12:13 AM PDT

    Viking weddings were incredibly important aspect of Viking life as it's heavily steeped in Viking beliefs. It was also very important for Viking homesteads as a marriage meant an alliance between families.

    I'm not saying you should be able to have kids in acv because lore wise I don't think it would make sense. What I am saying is that ubi should take the romance options we have now and design an event around marrying one of them. The romance options are pretty bland and I think this would spice things up a bit. The event would be a massive ravensthorpe festival with games and quests and it culminated in a traditional Viking marriage.

    I dunno, I think it would flesh out the bland romance options we got now.

    submitted by /u/TheSilentTitan
    [link] [comments]

    What should I know starting Valhalla?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 03:39 PM PDT

    I just bought the game, without spoilers. What are some hindsights to the game that would've be useful or helpful?

    I have played all the games so I am familiar with the new RGP style.

    submitted by /u/Jezza262
    [link] [comments]

    “It is only by competing for the same goal that the hero and the opponent are forced to come into direct conflict and to do so again and again throughout the story” - John Truby, The Anatomy of Story

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 06:07 AM PDT

    The Assassin-Templar war immediately came to mind while reading this quote. Its literally in the first game:

    • Al Mualim: What do he and his followers want? A world in which all men are united. I do not despise his goal, I share it. But I take issue with the means. Peace is something to be learned, to be understood, to be embraced.
    • Altaïr: He would force it.
    • Al Mualim: And rob us of our free will in the process.
    submitted by /u/Dudeist_Missionary
    [link] [comments]

    Pirate Sails for Black Flag?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 07:38 PM PDT

    So, my friend has these really cool sails on Black Flag, they're the same as the Jackdaw's Sails from Assassin's Creed Rogue, but how do you get them in Black Flag? Is it some 100% completion thing? I know these sails are in the game. How do I get them? They look so cool.

    submitted by /u/AGT_Vendetta
    [link] [comments]

    Feeling like it was a waste [spoilers]

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 06:47 PM PDT

    I'm about to start road to valhalla (haven't done up there since the first mission there) and I feel this game is so lackluster. Playing as a male makes me feel like my guy is secretly gay as every other male character hits on him and wants a piece. Can't tell me they couldn't do something with the dialogue in that case. Literally spent an entire set of missions preparing for a funeral/being a gopher and I almost quit because it was so pointless. The order, I'm not interested in chasing down notes, definitely prefer odyssey when it came to those guys and as much as I'd love to find all of them, I just don't know if I care. Really sucks as I was looking forward to this game for months, loved the beginning up until I got back from vinland and it just started to drag, haven't even bothered doing a raid as I have all of the hidden ones gear set to mythical and don't think i care about the others. And, rant over.

    submitted by /u/RichieShinnerJr
    [link] [comments]

    LPT for Valhalla players who skipped the other AC games

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 02:09 AM PDT

    This official lore guide videos, narrated by AC Narrative Writer Darby McDevitt, have you covered. The complete playlist only takes 10 minutes, but perfectly explains the ongoing storyline of the Assassin's Creed series. It's a nice recap for the dedicated AC addicts as well!

    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcXWHPWkBa9lIz028g7Fvc7tBnLppLKlU

    submitted by /u/nicolahinssen
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers] Just finished AC4:Freedom Cry, and I was wondering:

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 07:14 PM PDT

    Is there any way I can play as Adéwalé in the normal map. Could I go to Havana with Adéwalé? Could I pilot the Jackdaw with Adéwalé? Is so, then how? I would really love to go tomorrow of an open place like Havana with him. I'm on x-box 360, so mods and skins aren't an option. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/MaggieLad
    [link] [comments]

    With the announcement of ome handed swords coming with the wrath of the druids dlc, do you think we could have more weapon types on the way?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 05:21 AM PDT

    With the wrath of the druids giving us one handed swords, do you think the seige of Paris dlc later on this year will have something as well? If so, what would you guys like to see. Personally I'd like to see a two handed flail like the goliaths have. This is yet another case of weapons the enemy's have but we dont. Maybe a crows foot would be right for Paris, or another type of sword like a rapier? Just speculating

    submitted by /u/ClevelandFootballRT
    [link] [comments]

    Just got my hands on Odyssey Ultimate Edition, handy things to know?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 03:47 AM PDT

    I've played a few AC games before, namely revelations, 3 black flag and unity. Syndicate is on the to play list after I finish Odyssey.

    Is there anything you wish you knew before playing odyssey for the first time?

    submitted by /u/scrootpatoot
    [link] [comments]

    A question concerning completion and Ubisoft Club

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 06:33 AM PDT

    I got the Rebel Collection for my first AC and started with BF. While looking through the outfits and weapons, a question formed. Is the Ubisoft Club-exclusive gear necessary for 100%?

    submitted by /u/FixArtistic8727
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Eivor - SPOILERS

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 11:52 AM PDT

    So if Eivor is Odin reincarnated, did he reincarnate again and kept at it after Valhalla's ending? Or was that cycle broken by her rejecting the Odin side of her or whatever that was?

    submitted by /u/GalahadTheWise
    [link] [comments]

    Levels Outside the animus

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 09:06 AM PDT

    I'm new here but I just wanted to know something. I have been playing assassins creed since I was young I love the games my favorite is hands down Assassins Creed III. I've been playing AC3 remastered for a couple of days now and I just was wondering if anyone knows why the levels outside the animus that are like in the present day not as good as the ones played in the memories story line? I just feel like in their efforts to be more minimalist and clean looking than in the memories it takes away from the level. Idk if it makes sense I just feel playing as Desmond isn't always as good as playing with Connor. I liked the gameplay outside the animus in black flag better.Not sure if it makes sense at all but hopefully someone understands.

    submitted by /u/PCR_RACER
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment