• Breaking News

    Friday, March 12, 2021

    Assassin's Creed [Spoilers] The Ezio Trilogy is still the best part of the franchise for me, it just had more "heart" than the last few games

    Assassin's Creed [Spoilers] The Ezio Trilogy is still the best part of the franchise for me, it just had more "heart" than the last few games


    [Spoilers] The Ezio Trilogy is still the best part of the franchise for me, it just had more "heart" than the last few games

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 09:53 AM PST

    Since the RPG era started I don't see that much love for the Ezio Trilogy anymore. Many say it has aged badly, that its too linear etc.

    But for me its still the best part of the series. It had the classic Assassins Creed vibe without any distractions. The focus was on Assassins 100%. The setting (Renaissance Italy) is still my favourite, it was small compared to the last few maps but had so much more identity.

    Ezio is still the best developed character of the series. He did get 3 games but I think back then the writing was in general much better. I mean games like Valhalla and Odyssey are basically as long as the whole Ezio Trilogy but the stories are lacking and the main characters are underdeveloped.

    Seeing Ezio develop from a revenge driven brat to a wise and experienced Master Assassin was just awesome. Embers was the perfect send off. And of course the Modern Day was the best here, Desmond story felt like it was going somehwere interesting.

    In general I preferred the games when they were more linear and had the quality over quantity approach tbh.

    submitted by /u/FanEu953
    [link] [comments]

    My biggest gripe with Odyssey after 100+ hours

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 02:51 AM PST

    It's not necessarily the quests themselves, a lot of them were actually pretty fun and interesting, but it's just the sheer amount of them you have to do in order to progress the main story because the level gating is ridiculous and utterly broken in my opinion

    In most other RPGs, you can absolutely get away with being a few levels below the recommended level for a quest if you're good enough at the game and build your character well enough, but in Odyssey even being a single level too low will result in you getting absolutely destroyed and enemies being massive damage sponges even on the lowest difficulty

    Not only does it make the game a massive and unnecessary grind, it also breaks up the pace of the main story so much because I barely remember what happened in the last mission because I had to spend 5 hours running around doing side quests and completing locations afterwards

    You can't solely focus on the story like you can in a game like Witcher 3, which is ironically where Odyssey got a lot of its inspiration from yet they didn't copy the most important thing Witcher 3 did which was that it never once felt like a chore to play

    submitted by /u/LifeOnMarsden
    [link] [comments]

    AC Valhalla Viking Ezio by CKGoksoy

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 11:52 PM PST

    13 years of assassins creed! I did my best but eivor is a good 7 inches (17 cm) shorter than Altair

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 09:57 AM PST

    Hey folks! I wrote this article for NPR. Figured it was a good follow-up to the post about microtransactions.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 05:31 AM PST

    AC Valhalla has literally 3 npc models excluding some special npc models

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 03:38 AM PST

    AC Valhalla has only 3 npc models if you look closely. 1 for kids, women & men each. The models have simply been altered slightly (fatter, different facial hair, etc.) I find it really immersion breaking. Even some unique npcs have one of those 3 face models. Hell even indie games would have more face models than just 3. Strangely i haven't seen this topic being brought up before. Its like Ubisoft is getting lazier & cheaper with every next Assassin's Creed. Not to mention that every single spot or location in the game looks just the same as the previous one..

    submitted by /u/Fire-typhoon123
    [link] [comments]

    Figured Out How to Air Assassinate Pitcairn in the Bunker Hill Mission in AC3 Remastered

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 04:13 PM PST

    I don't know if anyone else has already posted this, but I think I know how to Air Assassinate Pitcairn without being detected. It is all about the weapon! It turns out that you need to have the Assassin's Tomahawk equipped as your weapon when you do it. Whenever I tried fists and the hidden blade itself I was always spotted right before the cutscene, but for some reason, the tomahawk didn't get me spotted. If anyone else can confirm this works for them or that there is another way please let me and everyone else who looks at this discussion know.

    submitted by /u/OffTopicRandom
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think the best armor in the game is?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 07:09 PM PST

    I understand that this is based on your play-style, but I have so many different sets and I just don't know which I like the most. I'm currently using the Hidden Ones fully upgraded gear. What about you?

    submitted by /u/Vittorinha
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Rogue - Stealth Reaper - Bravado

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 01:37 PM PST

    Hoarders - Stealth Reaper | AC Unity

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 12:05 PM PST

    Is there any form of level scaling in AC Valhalla?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 11:48 PM PST

    Im asking this because I dont want to waste my time on something that I do as a chore. I dont understand why people didnt like odyssey system of scaling every enemy to at least -2 your level. Is there anything like that in valhalla or will I just become god every time I get a bit curious about certain part of the map and go exploring it?

    submitted by /u/zamasu2020
    [link] [comments]

    Do animals respawn in Odyssey after you kill them?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 07:14 PM PST

    I killed a bunch of bears in a specific area and now I have a quest to hunt those particular bears and I can't find any! Do they respawn or are they gone forever?

    submitted by /u/visionszsz
    [link] [comments]

    A different ending for Valhalla I was hoping for. ENDING SPOILERS

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 04:52 PM PST

    So at the end you realize that Alfred was the grandmaster and that's it, you ride off into the sunset. I think what might have been better was King Harald being the grandmaster. I think it would've been a solid unexpected twist and it would've made sense, seeing that he is trying to take over Norway and have all the land under one name. I know it wouldn't work historically because Harald was a real person but I think it would've been more satisfying than what we got.

    submitted by /u/zberston
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin suit up montage - Which characters have them?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 07:45 AM PST

    Hey friends,

    I'm doing some research for a youtube video I'm working on. I'm gonna feature some clips from Assassin's Creed where each protagonist suits up. Specifically, I'm looking for shots where the Assassin puts their hood up in an iconic way. So, technically, this doesn't need to be the first time they suit up; a cinematic shot of this motion would be enough.

    Currently, I have:

    • Ezio putting on Geovanni's robes
    • Aya at the end of Origins.

    Edit - Adding in (and keep them comin' if you think of any more :D ):

    • Edward finding duncans robes (or when he's helping Ah Tabai defeat encroaching Templars). Thanks u/Pinky-The-Bitch !
    • Aveline (suit up at the beginning of Liberations). Thanks u/PiggieWiggie69 !
    • Connor after he shaves his head before hunting down Charles Lee. Thanks u/FlaccidArmpit !

    Anyone remember other instances of this? I thought Connor did this as well, but apparently he did everything but put up his hood when he got Achille's son's robes haha. Any help is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/gameservatory
    [link] [comments]

    So is Valhalla playable yet or is it still quite buggy?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 10:07 PM PST

    Have had the game since launch but haven't actually played it, being a trophy hunter bugs are a nightmare in long games like Valhalla so I've been holding off, I have the ps5 if it's more stable on that for reference?

    submitted by /u/MediumOpportunity9
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla Scenery - My Mother Told Me Compilation - No HUD

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 08:43 AM PST

    Assassins Creed Vahalla River Raids lost loot

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 08:08 PM PST

    Just tried to get all of the St Georges armour but as i was bout to get and item(braces) i couldn't open any chest as my cargo was full. I went home to Raventhorpe then went straight back to raiding but when i got back to the raid location it was all burnt down and zero items to be found. Have i lost that item now for good or will it appear again overtime? Please help me

    submitted by /u/STMalone
    [link] [comments]

    Is this meant to be Reginald Birch? I’ve never read forsaken but from videos on YouTube when forsaken is mentioned, it is said that Birch was trying to court Jennifer so I’m just wondering if this is meant to be him trying to court her in the Opera scene at the end of AC4.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 05:44 AM PST

    [SPOILERS] question regarding gear that I do now know if I can obtain and couldn't find results elsewhere.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 07:01 PM PST

    [SPOILER WARNING! If you haven't formed an alliance with Glowecestrescire this contains spoilers for that alliance quest, please turn away.]

    So, it's the quest with that (basically halloween) festival where Gunnar and his soon-to-be wife invite you to go "Hoodening" (sorry if I spelled that wrong) and I wanted to know if it was possible to get the cloak with the deer mask as an item to equip anytime because it is really cool. (Forgot what it was called, I think it was Mari Lwyd, correct me if I'm wrong)

    I am on PS4 So mods and/or console commands are not possible.

    submitted by /u/ThePaperDiamond
    [link] [comments]

    Origins Modern Day Story in DLC?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 02:43 AM PST

    I've just finished AC Origins for the first time, without the DLCs, and I feel like the modern day story just fell flat: basically ~15 minutes of showing us this new character and her connection to the story.

    Is there more MD story in the DLCs? I've never really bought DLCs for AC (apart from Freedom Cry), because I've never been interested in what they offered.

    submitted by /u/SpaceZombieZed
    [link] [comments]

    When should I go to the second arena is AC Origins *minor spoiler*

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 09:50 AM PST

    I have completed both the bosses in the first arena. I really wanna move on to the other one but I am level 28, and the mission is level 35 a lie-type thing, and can I go there as a 28 without being destroyed? Or should I stick with the first arena until I get stronger?

    submitted by /u/Flat-Curve-8489
    [link] [comments]

    I don't like the health system in Valhalla

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 08:46 AM PST

    I've only just got it to be clear- but when doing contracts and stuff if you don't have a ration, you can be running round for minutes trying to find berries on a bush whilst people fire at you. It seems odd to me because whenever you're in a fight there never seems to be any food around, yet there always is when ur just trying to slaughter some innocents? It's even more annoying because at the moment I can only hold one ration. I liked odyssey health system where its an ability and hope I come across this in valhalla. What does everybody think? I'm aware they've tried to relate some aspects back to the original ac and ac2 times, where medicine was took and things but I just don't like it, I want an easy fun playthrough where I'm not dying all the time because I'm running round looking for berries.

    submitted by /u/sammojones
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILER] Assassin’s Creed V (What if) (Connor, Arno, Aveline, Shay)

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 12:50 PM PST

    After AC 3, Rogue and Unity the story of these Assassin's were left open ended and still left much more to be explored. With the installments that came after they decided to not focus as much on the story that takes place in the present and making one off stories of assassins then moving on to the next one after Desmond's story ends.

    But in Valhalla it seems they showed a character that sounded a lot like Desmond so maybe that's hinting at the fact they will bring back focus to the story after AC 3.

    So why wouldn't their next installment be AC 5, it could bring us back to characters we are more familiar with like Connor, Arno, Aveline and possibly Shay (as a antagonist). This could give Ubisoft a chance to crossover Assassins that we've played as and since they are all around the same time period it just makes it too good of an opportunity to pass up.

    They could even have the game not only take place in one location but let's you go to locations previous entries were set in like London and Paris.

    It's just an idea that just seems to make sense for the next installment, but who knows if Ubisoft is even considering something like that. It would make for a pretty cool Assassins Creed game.

    submitted by /u/DeadTokii
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment