• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 18, 2021

    Assassin's Creed Looking back, I feel somewhat disappointed that the Chronicles trilogy, even though good for what it was, weren't main titles in the franchise and didn't reach the potential that they could've.

    Assassin's Creed Looking back, I feel somewhat disappointed that the Chronicles trilogy, even though good for what it was, weren't main titles in the franchise and didn't reach the potential that they could've.


    Looking back, I feel somewhat disappointed that the Chronicles trilogy, even though good for what it was, weren't main titles in the franchise and didn't reach the potential that they could've.

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 07:57 AM PDT

    Don't get me wrong, I like AC3 and the rest of the Americas games as much as everyone else but I think that it would've been so good to follow Revelations with an Assassin's Creed in China with Shao Jun as the lead and Exit returning as a mentor. I think that it could've been one of the best games in the franchise if it would've been a main title rather than a spin off. Same with India and Russia, great ideas but I don't think they reached their full potential. And this is not to shit on the Chronicles trilogy, on the contrary; I like this games a helluva lot more than the average AC fan who probably forgot at this point that these games even existed and I have some theories as to why they stayed as a spin off but I won't get into it. I really hope that one day they get remade as main titles but that probably will never happen.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Stark1ller22
    [link] [comments]

    How excited would you be for a Southeast Asian Assassin's Creed game?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 04:25 PM PDT

    https://youtu.be/MSpPUFdYpJI

    Here's the main setting, Angkor!

    And a major rival city/empire, Bagan!

    https://youtu.be/rNSiLuXIdRw

    More info about the region:

    https://youtu.be/5TxActwm9dw

    Time period: around 1200 a.d.

    No more really needs to be said, just watch, imagine the game and enjoy

    submitted by /u/Tchallaxxx
    [link] [comments]

    Eivor with a truly Wild Wolf by katelannblogs /Ph: MilliganVick

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 09:13 AM PDT

    Why is it so easy to catch fire?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 03:56 PM PDT

    I'm currently enjoying a lengthy playthrough of the Valhalla story, however I can't help but notice how flammable Eivor is.

    I'm there, minding my own business, I walk past an ablaze item and boom, within seconds I'm doused head to toe in fire. Why? Is Viking attire so flammable?

    submitted by /u/MonstroFab
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think more advanced parkour is possible in this new rpg style?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 05:56 PM PDT

    With the reveal that Ubisoft will be sticking with the rpg style of game, which I'm fine with. I was wondering if you think it would be possible to fit the previous games more advanced parkour into future games?

    The current system makes your character feel very slow and heavy compared to all the previous games, I would like a faster more stylized system. The downsides I could see is that the fact you can climb even smooth surfaces like cliffs, wouldn't really utilize the parkour to its fullest, It would need to be a setting with a lot of cities or buildings.

    I don't think it would happen though given the size of the games comparatively, We don't want another Unity

    submitted by /u/H2Hyena
    [link] [comments]

    The Lost Pirate Kingdom series on Netflix is making me want to replay Black Flag

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 03:19 PM PDT

    Black Flag was my first AC game, and my intro into the Ubisoft open world style - and I was really into the gameplay but don't remember much of the story. Now that I'm watching the new Netflix pirates series, it'd be cool to revisit all the characters like Hornigold, Jennings, Black Sam in game! Anyone else watching the show and getting the same vibe?

    submitted by /u/rcloaf
    [link] [comments]

    Update on Assassin’s Creed Community Fundraiser and Video milestones, Thirst Tweets with Darby McDevitt and Mean Tweets with Gabe Graziani

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 07:14 PM PDT

    Last week the ACSisterhood along with Discord participated in a fundraiser for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Thank you to all the streamers, the supporters, and those who made donations. It was an overwhelming success!

    Our goal was initially $5000, and a milestone was to have Ubisoft Community Developer Manager, Gabe Graziani, read Assassin's Creed mean tweets. We reached that goal in 3 days.

    We then set another goal, at $10000, Darby McDevitt, Narrative Director for Assassin's Creed Valhalla, would read thirsty tweets. That goal was quickly surpassed.

    In all, a total of $15657.69 was raised by the whole Assassin's Creed community! We were touched by the stories, we laughed and cried together, and we're so overwhelmed by the generosity. Discord has said they'll match our donation, meaning we're giving more than $30000 to the BCRF. Thank you to everyone involved!

    As a treat, here are the links to the two videos. They are incredible, and we thank both Gabe and Darby for their time and support. They were wonderful to play along in the videos, and think you'll agree, they had a lot of fun making them.

    Gabe reads Assassin's Creed Mean Tweets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR7k-yRXM1I

    Darby reads Assassin's Creed Thirst Tweets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX_d-x2W0UU

    Thank you to the ACSisterhood, to Discord, and to everyone who donated and supported this wonderful event!

    submitted by /u/WhiteWolfWhispers
    [link] [comments]

    A lot of people dislike Valhalla's weapon and armor system in comparison to Odyssey and Origins. I actually prefer it.

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 11:05 AM PDT

    I see a lot of videos about people saying they dislike Valhalla's method of giving players weapons and armors, saying it doesn't provide a positive feedback like they're not excited by a new weapon or armor piece.

    This is just my personal opinion, but I greatly prefer this method. Yeah, the weapons and armors you get aren't going to be a little tiny bit better than what you may have just recently gotten, but that's not the point of having them. Each new weapon or armor is something that you build up, and you use what you prefer. As someone who played other games like Dark Cloud which is an rpg in which you build up weapon into more powerful weapons, I actually really like this. It's addicting to upgrade an axe into something both better looking and having better stats. It helps me get more attached to a singular piece of equipment, instead of immediately discarding or selling something I got because it's not "legendary" status.

    The way Oddyssey and Origins handled equipment is something akin to Borderlands, where you get lots and lots of drops that each marginally get better over time, but you're going to spend a lot of time in the menu system as it gets filled up, trying to look at stats to see what you should get rid of because it's attack damage is 1 less than what you just got. I like not having to spend so much time in the menu.

    Now, there are a few things I think could improve the system Valhalla has. For one, One axe doesn't really play much different from another axe, or one spear from another. I feel like each weapon should have very different gameplay feels, or at least more noticeable specialization, kind of like Dark Souls where one tiny axe feels very different from a large axe, where the larger might do more damage but will also be slower and use more stamina. Also, I feel like the upgrade material is too sparse. I kind of prefer an upgrade system where your upgrading more often feeling a steady growth, instead of system in which you bulk upgrade a piece of equipment. That might be personal preference though.

    What do you think? Do you prefer Origins and Odyssey's more Borderlands like drop system? Or do you like how Valhalla does it?

    submitted by /u/WackyJaber
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers] I don't get why Ubisoft gives us a gender choice only to pick a canon

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 11:02 AM PDT

    If they want more representation why not just have Kassandra or Female Eivor? What's the point of giving us an option if only one really happened? That's exactly what shouldn't happen with RPG's. I personally thought Male Eivor was way better because of his VA but once it became clear that he isn't canon my playthrough felt "fake"

    I really hope Ubisoft just drops this feature. Just rotate, sometimes give us a Male MC and then sometimes a female MC.

    submitted by /u/FanEu953
    [link] [comments]

    What the hell is wrong with detection speeds in valhalla?!

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 11:59 PM PDT

    As an old ac fan I've played every single ac in stealth and one of my most fave stealth mechanics was in odyssey. The full stealth build in that game was so rewarding, fluid and fair.

    I picked up valhalla and ive played it for about 20hours and i dont know if its a bug or anything but enemies detect me from miles away in miliseconds! I also went full stealth build in this one but i think it was useless. When i put my cloak on inspite of how close i am to the guards they dettect me fast even if I'm not facing them in distrusted areas!

    I realized many players have had the same problem. Now that the 1.2.0 is released, do all of you have the same problem still or is it just me?

    submitted by /u/F8Freak
    [link] [comments]

    Hi, I'm a professional Game Designer bringing you a detailed breakdown video of the first Assassin's Creed

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 04:09 AM PDT

    Hi, everyone!

    So I have a channel where I break down in detail different games, and one of such videos I have released several weeks ago is a 50-minute critique of the first Assassin's Creed which you can find here:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY773hNptRg

    We will discuss the game pillars, core loops, structure, all the mechanics, and of course every other aspect of Assassin's Creed including story, themes, music, Animus, etc.

    Now, a disclaimer should follow, and I mention as such in the video - I do work at Ubisoft, but this is my personal channel where I create things during my own free time and all my opinions on this 14 year old game are my own. I post here not as a representative of the studio, but as a person who chose Game Design as their profession and released a video based on a game from their teenage years that is very important to them :)

    I do hope you will all enjoy the video and that it will generate great discussions here!

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/FarlandsDesign
    [link] [comments]

    The new festival coming today in valhalla

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 12:07 AM PDT

    Hi does anyone know what time irish time if possible that ubisoft will plan to start the new festival? I csnt remember what time the yule one started at.. Much appreciated cheers.

    submitted by /u/BackDelicious9419
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers] Did you prefer the story of AC Odyssey or AC Valhalla?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 05:38 PM PDT

    Overall two similiar games but the story of both has been divisive on this sub.

    Which do you prefer? I think Valhalla was overall better despite some repetitive arcs. I liked Male Eivor (his VA did a great job, probably my favourite part of the game) and Sigurd's relationship and Basim was very compelling as well. I liked that it focused more on the Assassins/Templar conflict (not enough for me but still better than odyssey), arcs like Lunden felt like classic AC. I liked most of the arcs overall

    The Modern Day was also fantastic, honestly the best since BF's ending (its MD was not that good but the ending was well done).

    submitted by /u/FanEu953
    [link] [comments]

    AC Odyssey eludes to existentialism

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 07:14 AM PDT

    Brief context: Pythagoras become resistant to handing over his staff after he "realised what he could uncover about the First Civilisation - the creation of humankind".

    Click the link below

    Skip straight to 17:57s (right to the end)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIv6mwYflMQ

    "That's the point. Nobody does."

    This exchange is beautiful, wow. Consider this a niche interpretation, but I believe that Ubisoft here convey the very concept of our thirst for meaning through Pythagoras. If you have any opinion on this yourself, dear Redditor, I'm curious to hear it! (disagreement welcome too of course!)

    submitted by /u/Panarus-biarmicus
    [link] [comments]

    Fanorona on ac4 is infuriating

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 08:54 PM PDT

    I see why this game never got popular irl like checkers or chess. There's no such thing as winning. You either get wiped out, or if you're doing good the other person just cowers in a corner moving back and forth and you can't get close enough to just without being jumped yourself. I just want the achievement :'(

    submitted by /u/wackypine
    [link] [comments]

    Stopped playing the game. Please Dev's this needs to be addressed.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 12:10 AM PDT

    Guys... I don't know-how only a few people stress this... I have 104 incredible hours logged in Odyssey, and I can barely break 40 in Valhalla. It's just a chore.

    Please add an option to disable finishers. This game's combat is unplayable. If I fight three elites in a row, I have to watch a cut scene per kill and every time, control of my character is taken away. It just halts my flow of combat. Who likes it? I mean, I don't know, but I personally don't like this so much that I just stopped playing the game when the community manager said he would pass the feedback along, but it's been three months and still nothing.

    Like I look at the abilities they are adding... raven can now pick items for people you kill with a bow. Is the game meant to be played with a bow only? Because it sure feels like the only stress-free way of playing it.

    P.S Animal finishers are like a cherry on the top.... you can't even fight animals without interruptions. I was surprised no one made a video titled "Trying to control my character while fighting in Valhalla."

    submitted by /u/Fiercy_
    [link] [comments]

    AC Valhalla Hud Control Q

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 12:07 AM PDT

    Can you turn all hud elements such as health bars, hit points, and anything that really breaks the immersion off in the game? Almost to the extent of Ac3 and 4 where no such thing existed?

    Also, is it good?

    submitted by /u/Breeze327
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to unlock this beard style for Eivor? (Spoiler)

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 12:28 PM PDT

    I really like Eivor's look when he is fighting/escaping Odin at the end of the game. This is the best image I found from the web: https://images.app.goo.gl/x8hsEcx6b89MZQDPA

    He has some Alexios vibe from AC Odyssey with such beard and I want to have such look in the freeroam too. Is it possible to unlock somehow? If not, will it be in the future?

    Btw this scene is one of the most epic ever I have seen in gaming. Reminds me some scene in Michelangelo's art, don't exactly remember the name of art but in the scene a human and God touches each other with finger tips. Props for the developers.

    submitted by /u/Emsm109
    [link] [comments]

    River Raid +1 Foreign Supply

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 06:42 PM PDT

    Has anyone experiences this bug, every time I open chests in the river Raids it only gives me +1 Foreign Supply and my ship cargo only holds 1 Foreign Supply.

    This is really annoying me I really want the St George Armor but it's so impossible since I can only open one chest per raid and only gain literally 1 Foreign Supply.

    Does anyone know what's going on?

    submitted by /u/Quantic316
    [link] [comments]

    AC Valhalla - is every 'region' quest built around the same mechanic? [Spoilers]

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 11:16 AM PDT

    So, I finished East Anglia and now it's onto Oxenforshire and it appears that again, for now the fourth time, the quest is about helping to find a friendly person to rule the area. Are all the regions like this? Do the quests get more interesting? I feel like it's Groundhog Day except not a fun Bill Murray way.

    submitted by /u/arduinonut
    [link] [comments]

    Ubisoft and the lack of Patches

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 02:25 PM PDT

    Today while playing it Crashed Twice earlier, just played again for an hour or so another random crash. back in 2016 i got the platinum on all 3 games on ps4, no issues at all. what is this ubisoft!

    No 4k Patch for One X. and an exclusive bug for the xbox version aswell. great way to shaft the fans.

    Note: Syndicate is apparently broken on PS5 somehow. Does anyone believe Ubisoft will change?

    submitted by /u/splinterborn
    [link] [comments]

    Are you KIDDING ME with this Modraniht set??

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 08:04 PM PDT

    So after grinding the last event, fully upgrading the gear, you now just give it away entirely WHILE RESETTING IT, costing me all the upgrade materials?? I'm getting really sick of this.

    submitted by /u/MartyVendetta27
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment