• Breaking News

    Monday, February 8, 2021

    Assassin's Creed [Fan Art - Pencil] I drew this when I saw the trailer. I was mesmerized!

    Assassin's Creed [Fan Art - Pencil] I drew this when I saw the trailer. I was mesmerized!


    [Fan Art - Pencil] I drew this when I saw the trailer. I was mesmerized!

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 10:49 AM PST

    Burned out and not even halfway done, AC Valhalla

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 05:33 AM PST

    So I've been playing AC Valhalla pretty casually but consistently since its release. I'd say maybe a few hours a week, and I'm feeling burned out from it. The repetitive combat and activities, I know other people have mentioned those issues in other threads, but did anyone else get burnt out? If so how didn you remedy it?

    I genuinely enjoy the game and setting despite the lack of an Assassin protagonist.

    submitted by /u/averagejoe1997123
    [link] [comments]

    Are the assassins the good guys?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 03:50 AM PST

    Just curious for people's thoughts on this one do you genuinely think the assassins creed are always the good guys or do you think the templars sometimes come across as better like in rogue?

    submitted by /u/JonahUwU
    [link] [comments]

    I drew poster Eivor(male) in a whacky art style.(I don’t know if I have to use the “Image” tag or this one)

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 11:18 PM PST

    Ok, I just wrapped up all the DLC for Origins last night after beating Valhalla last week. Though I think Odyssey and Valhalla added some cool things to the franchise, I think Origins is still the best of the three.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 02:48 PM PST

    I feel like Ubi came out of the gate swinging with Origins. The story is simple, but top notch. Bayek and Aya are awesome. Ancient Egypt is one of the coolest settings we've ever seen. The DLC is great, and has some of the games best content. The mythical/spiritual aspects of the game are introduced in a believable way. The combat is a bit clunky, but in comparison to the older games, it's a big step forward.

    Odyssey feels less like an AC game and more like a sprawling Peloponnesian Demigod rpg. Once I accepted that, I actually had a blast with that game. The map is huge and exploration feels pretty invigorating. The story is shallow and unimpressive, but some of the characters memorable and fun.

    Now, with Valhalla, I feel like there's just too much they decided to change. Eivor's movement is sluggish. The ration system is disorienting and annoying at first. The exploration and puzzles are pretty interesting at first but almost immediately become a chore. The loot/armor system is a total bust (I think Odyssey does loot the best, most variety + transmog) and the game's pacing is PAINFUL. Like many others, I got burnt out very quickly and had to put it down for a couple of weeks. It's just too damn long. I like games that i can sink a hundred, if not hundreds of hours into, but I'll only if I'm invested enough in the gameplay loop or story to do so. Valhalla MAKES you play for a hundred hours if you wanna wrap up the story in any satisfying way. The one thing Valhalla is best at is the combat. It's been reworked in a satisfying way, but the lack of weapon variety keeps it from being truly awesome.

    Still up in the air about giving Ubisoft my money for DLC on this one. I really hope they deliver some great content for Valhalla in the future, but as of right now, Origins remains at the top of my list. Which of the new Trilogy is your favorite?

    submitted by /u/chalupabazuka
    [link] [comments]

    AC Valhalla armour and weapons feeling lacklustre

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 01:16 PM PST

    So I'm really enjoying valhalla but there are two things are really bugging me. The armour and weapons just feel lacklustre. I'm just wondering if anyone reckons we will get better armour and swords. I want to be able to replay the game but at the moment I just feel like it's just a waiting game. Just wondering what people's thoughts are on this issue

    submitted by /u/Nathanthecreator54
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Valhalla has a serious lack of content and features

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 12:09 AM PST

    So Valhalla has been out for some time now, and the lack of new or repayable content is starting to show.

    Numerous features like, new game + and Transmog are simply nonexistent. Even Immortals has them which is absolutely. Unacceptable

    Also, 0 repayable content right now, no new content (besides a buggy festival that you could complete in 1 hour) and tons of microtransaction packs.

    It's like they focus on those packs instead of actually fixing and adding new features

    We should really protest and do something

    submitted by /u/KvasirTheOld
    [link] [comments]

    What's up with this Bullhead bullshit?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 02:01 PM PST

    There are two offering shrines that require 10 x Bullhead fish. I have a single Bullhead, which I just spent about an hour finding, going to several different spots along the river near Ravensthorpe. The rest of the hour was catching other random kinds of fish, having my line break without any apparent reason, or just aimlessly wandering near rivers that are somehow suddenly entirely devoid of fish.

    I can tell you one thing for sure: I am not going to spend twenty hours fishing. Fishing is far and away the most tedious minigame I have ever seen in a game and that is saying something. Like, every game in the world where fishing is a minigame it's terrible, but this is the worst one I've seen.

    I'm willing to put in maybe another hour into it. I would really like to 100% the game, but it's not worth it if this is the only way.

    Is there any way to get bullhead besides fishing? So far every search result has come up negative. Is there any strategy more effective way to get Bullhead than, "just wander around rivers near your settlement"? Is there any way to get Bullhead without other fish getting in the way? Am I the only one who thinks this is just the worst?

    submitted by /u/StarManta
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla feels like an AC game, but simultaneously doesn't

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 02:19 PM PST

    I know that may sound confusing, so hear me out and allow me to explain what I mean by that.

    Spoilers ahead for the main story

    Valhalla has lots of the things I adore about the past AC games: Interesting lore, cinematic set-piece assassinations, a documentation of the war between the two factions [the hidden ones and the Order of the Ancients], a beautiful historical setting, an immersive open world and a great modern day story, among other things. This is all fantastic, and traversing assassin bureaus and discovering the codex pages, or finding out how Bayek's position as the founder of the brotherhood was concealed, or assassinating members of the Order and learning the origins of the Templars feels great while it's happening in the moment. But there is a glaring issue here...

    Eivor has absolutely no clue what any of it means. She can't decipher the codex pages or Bayek's letter, she only kills OoTA members because Hytham tells her to, she has no clue she is Odin reborn, she has no reason to be going around in the city assassinations using stealth and social blending when she is a viking and she also, for whatever reason, doesn't have any memories/visions of the Isu temple even though Sigurd does. So all of it just feels pointless. It's cool to us, but Eivor can't even comprehend any of it and gives a shit about it even less.

    There's also points in the story that baffle me and feel like contrived plot convenience. 3 Isu, Loki, Tyr and Odin, sacrifice themselves to the life tree during the Toba catastrophe, and return years and years later at the exact same point in time, and one of them only remembers their past life until the ending of the game. Then there's the OoTA ending which also confuses me. Eivor spends al that time in the simulation of Valhalla, where she fights Odin and rejects the opportunity to live forever in glory and honour. Then she also rejects Hytham's offer to join the hidden ones because she apparently still prefers honour to hiding in the shadows, despite us literally hiding in the shadows all game, assassinating enemies of the hidden ones and being responsible for the eradication of the order's presence in England. Was that all for nothing? Did Eivor just kill all of those people and learn that family is more important than glory for nothing? Because if so then that was a huge waste of time. I felt like after all we'd done that was the inevitable ending. Have a feeling one of the cockwombles in the upper management of Ubisoft had a say in this decision, as Ubisoft seem to think people hated games like Syndicate and Unity because 'assassins are boring' and not because they were just shit games.

    Lastly, there are a lot of things that feel very out of place and redundant in this game. Many of the tedious arcs that barely progressed the main plot and had no interesting narrative could have been cut out to make the game less of a monotonous slog, pieces of eden are not interesting and have little presence unlike previous games, many of the skills and abilities and armour sets look ridiculous and the mythical arcs may be the most boring gameplay/story segments in this whole franchise just behind the fate of atlantis dlc in odyssey.

    Despite all of this ranting and raving, I really enjoyed Valhalla but these things bothered me.

    submitted by /u/Connor106
    [link] [comments]

    Eivor Wolf Kissed fan art

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 09:50 AM PST

    [SPOILERS] Assassin's Creed Valhalla - The Pig of Prophecy (20+ in-game Prophecies, Interpretations and Comparisons to AC Origins)

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 08:06 AM PST

    Would like some help with AC Origins's Parkour System

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 06:51 PM PST

    Hi! I'm planning on giving AC Origins a proper revisit soon after I had to drop it due to the limitations of the current pc's hardware. In the brief time that I played it, one of the game's weaker points with me was the parkour system. Although it is still very much useable, I missed the technical freedom that the first 4 games had and the flashy animations the Unity engine brought with it. I was wondering if AC Origins had any "hidden" / contextual parkour animations that some of the other games had (such as sidehopping in AC Unity) or anything like that or just any parkour tips in general.

    submitted by /u/Umbrexcal
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone getting only homosexual romance options?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 08:39 AM PST

    Probably about 75% of the way through my first Playthru in Valhalla. Other than one lady stationed back at the homebase, I have noticed something a little odd.

    Only male characters hit on my male character. There are only gay options in the game for romance. No opportunity of a female character has opened up save the one I mentioned.

    Other than the fact I think it is odd there were so many homosexual Vikings, is this accurate to anyone else's play through? I just think it's odd that there are only gay options through the main story in terms of character romance.

    submitted by /u/JustCaterpillar9186
    [link] [comments]

    Recently been playing assassins creed 1 and I love/hate it.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 02:52 PM PST

    Okay, so I have been playing it for a day or two now and I just feel like quitting. The side quests before each assassination target are very very repetitive, but it doesn't bother me since the mini quests are very easy and quick... except for the timed informant assassination mini quests. Those things are hell and the clunky free run system doesn't help to save time either. They are as repetitive as the other mini quests, but also hard and tedious. One time I was just able to skip one entirely and do a much easier interrogation mission on memory block 4. I'm on memory block 5 in Acre and I am wondering if I can do that again since I hate the timed informant stuff.

    submitted by /u/BLEUGGGGGHHHHH
    [link] [comments]

    Two gameplay things I'm not sure are talked about that make no sense.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 03:04 PM PST

    I really like Valhalla despite its bugs and some design issues. I like it a lot, actually.

    What I don't like is the text covering your dice in Orlog during the God Favor phase. Why not move it down a few notches, say... on the top rim of your "bowl" so I can easily see how many tokens I'll receive this round instead of trying to see through the UI element that's covering my row? Sure you can see which favors you're allowed to use, but it doesn't always work out that round since the hand dice that steals tokens can prevent your God Favor from happening. Who thought this was fine?

    The next thing that bothers me more is the magnetic attacking. Whether it's crates or enemies, Eivor will sometimes attack in the opposite direction I'm facing even if I'm moving in the direction I want to. I hate this! It like goes to whatever's near or feels like it's even random. I'll be in the middle of a combo about to finish an enemy and it attacks someone else. How about let me do my own strategy instead of mucking it up?!

    Nevermind the endless bugs, those two things just make no sense. Also, show how many arrows I now have for a brief moment whenever picking up ammo instead of having to quickly press Aim to see.

    submitted by /u/Hylian_Ticipated
    [link] [comments]

    Purchase not showing up in my library

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 11:35 PM PST

    I purchased Assassin's Creed Origins from the Ubisoft store but it is not showing up in my library

    I checked and it says my purchase history is empty

    The money for the game has been taken out of my bank account

    submitted by /u/antonio19822
    [link] [comments]

    Am I missing too much with the base/standard version of AC Valhalla?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 12:29 AM PST

    Hey team! I wanna buy the game and I'm on tight budget, so I wanted to buy the standard version of Valhalla instead of gold or ultimate...

    However, when I played Odissey, owned the base game plus the season pass, and after playing the dlcs, especially The Fate of Atlantis, I would've hated to have bought the base version and having missed that DLC that for me was like essential - like you can't not play it if you're an AC fan! I could've lived without the Legacy of the First Blade. I wouldn't have spent the extra money just for it and some mediocre gear. But The Fate of Atlantis, MAN!!!🤩

    So, on that note, am I missing too much if I don't get the season pass/gold/ultimate editions of Valhalla?

    I don't care about gear, but I do care about story, lore and cool missions that could be in the map but are locked behind a get-the-season-pass wall.

    Thank you in advance! 🤟

    submitted by /u/Feloxx1
    [link] [comments]

    Hiring Jomsviking should be MORE intuitive

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 09:07 PM PST

    With the river raids coming (hopefully) later in the month, Jomsvikings will be a major part of the experience.

    Ubisoft should add atleast some basic features for selecting Jomsviking. Here are a few ideas.

    1) In addition to the randomly present Viking, there should be a MENU to filter and select Vikings.

    2) There should be a CLEAR option to recruit the jomsviking of a friend (from Ubisoft connect). I have been meaning to add the vikings of my friends and haven't had any luck finding any one of them.

    3) The menu should allow filtering based on gears i.e (dominant assassin/hunter/warrior) and primary weapon i.e dagger or hammer etc.

    4) There should be some sort of leaderboard, if people are into that kind of thing, to compare and incentivise upgrading the ranks of your vikings, or just to tally the number of raids a viking has been to.

    submitted by /u/show_stoppa
    [link] [comments]

    Some gripes I have with the ending of Valhalla, obvious spoilers

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 12:13 AM PST

    . . . . So I really loved Valhalla, I sunk about 120 hours in but it didn't feel that long because I enjoyed myself every step of the way but holy crap does the ending feel so sudden and uh, lackluster, like It started building up and then just kind of fizzled out. I did the little vision quest with Sigurd and went back to Norway to find out that Basim was Loki reincarnated, which I thought was real cool and then got back to England where I got a quest from Randvi to go south and take the fight to Aelfread.

    Suddenly I saw visions of all the grand armies I United throughout the last 100 hours coming together to take England for the Vikings, but when I got to Hamtunshire all I got were a few short missions before finding out from Goodwin that the king had escaped and this was a trap. It didn't matter, was still excited for the upcoming final showdown with Aelfraed who I can only assume is holed up in a fortress that needs invading . Went back to my village expecting to make a plan of attack but instead get get sent to a village in the boonies where king Aelfraed is suddenly a peasant and then the game is over and that's that. No big last battle, no answers about why Eivor died in America, and so on. I'm also a little annoyed that Shaun and Rebecca just inherently accepted Basim, bringing him back to their hideout and everything.

    Like I know why Ubisoft did this, because I don't deserve a true ending to the 60$ game I bought, I have to pay an additional 50$ to see the actual way everything wraps up the way it did in Odyssey. I actually had to stop playing Valhalla when it first came out and go back to buy & play the fate of Atlantis because boy was I confused....but at least Odyssey felt like it had a solid end, Kassandra passed on the staff and died after over 2000 years of living alone. Anyway that's it, I'm just annoyed my 60$ didn't give me the whole story, what are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/darthphallic
    [link] [comments]

    Ahoht Shay's grenade launcher in AC Rogue

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 04:47 PM PST

    So as you all know, in Assassin's Creed Rogue, Shay Cormac has a dart gun with an underbarrel grenade launcher. I was wondering if there was any actual historical use of grenade launchers like this or similar during this time period, or if it was simply something created by the devs to make Rogue more unique.

    submitted by /u/TrashMammal28
    [link] [comments]

    I want an Assassin's Creed game which includes trains between cities

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 02:21 PM PST

    One more game. There should be only one more game, maximum two games about ancient and pre-firearms history. After that, Assassin's Creed should go back on a track and get the "historical/Animus part" of the game further in time. To more, than just firearms - TO TRAINS!

    I'd feel a little confused if you ask me if I liked trains in Syndicate. I love trains, but I don't really like Syndicate. Instead of just in-city subway (however, I'd highly appreciate it too) I'd like to see trains moving between cities. Maybe, somewhere in Wild West or eastern USA. Maybe somewhere in Europe. Maybe in Asia. Maybe, it's going to be one city with big countryside, like in AC Brotherhood, Mafia, The Saboteur or GTA V. Maybe a few divided maps like that.

    The main things are trains, because it's just amazing. Anvil Engine is a really good engine and AC gameplay doesn't need RDR's realism - and this is why I'd like to see trains in Assassin's Creed again. Plus, their interiors are pretty atmospheric.

    I really want a new Assassin's Creed set in some modern time. Not in that past with bows, axes and swords, no. Even 1960's is historical setting now - what can be told about 1900's, for example? And trains, of course, are the symbol of that time.

    submitted by /u/Treshcore
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment