• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 6, 2021

    Assassin's Creed Assassin's Creed Valhalla should have been called Assassin's Creed: the door is barred

    Assassin's Creed Assassin's Creed Valhalla should have been called Assassin's Creed: the door is barred


    Assassin's Creed Valhalla should have been called Assassin's Creed: the door is barred

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 07:16 AM PST

    Recently finished the main story and I really enjoyed it overall. It had downsides, though. I had a problem with the game's lenght (some side stories could have been optional) and the pace was inconsistent, but my biggest pain in the ass was actually having to find a way to open the damn doors!

    submitted by /u/ArcadianLord
    [link] [comments]

    How come the Vikings in Valhalla look like they are out of a fairytale yet the Greeks and Egyptians in origins and odyssey looked real/believable.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 10:43 AM PST

    I'm really scratching my head on this one. I would say Ubisoft has a pretty good track record in trying to make the settings in the AC games as accurate as possible. but the way the Vikings are portrayed in ACV is almost comical. It feels like Ubisoft went straight to Hollywood for their history lessons and used shows like The Last Kingdom or Vikings as a template.

    I'm baffled by this because they did a really great job at depicting the English people and society and even went as far as connecting the dots with the Carolingian armor but then you have these rugged barbarians that are supposed to be the Scandinavian people that look like the descriptions written by 9th century monks.

    Ubisoft really had an opportunity to do a faithful depiction of the Norse people but it's a shame they decided to take the route that Hollywood deemed profitable.

    submitted by /u/SnokeRenVader
    [link] [comments]

    Multiplayer - World you like a comeback? Or should it stay away?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 08:31 PM PST

    So I replayed a lot of AC Multiplayer in the last few days and this brought me to this subreddit. I really loved the PvP modes from Brotherhood to Black Flag. Would you like to see a comeback? I want to see one. It would bring our fanbase back together in my opinion. Since a lot of people left it. A proper, classic AC game with a PvP-Mode. I wish we were in 2013 again...

    submitted by /u/emrecan61
    [link] [comments]

    How I stopped trying to be a completionist and rekindled my interest for Assassin's Creed

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 08:02 AM PST

    Disclaimer: the following is mostly a rant considering my experiences with repetitive open world content but I decided to write it up anyway for the off-chance it might help somebody figuring out how to get (more?) enjoyment out of this kind of game. I don't mean offend anybody who enjoys repetition.

    So this is somewhat of a dilemma I've been having ever since... The Witcher 3, I believe. It doesn't have anything to do with that game in particular but I believe it was the first open-world RPG where the amount of content reached kind of a tipping point for me. Most of you will know it well - the borderline compulsive need to uncover every question mark (in terms of The Witcher, Origins and Odyssey) or shiny (in Valhalla) on the map just to have it cleared.

    No matter whether Sigrun just wants 10 bear asses or it's the questline leading to the best sword in the game, it needs to be done just to get the map marker out of the way.

    But at some point - which I usually only notice in retrospective - the interest fades and the gameplay basically degenerates into working your way down a list, a chore you just get out of the way for completionism's sake rather than for your own enjoyment. It's something different if it's 'getting the last piece of titanite to perfect my build' or something like that, but that's usually not the case because I could build a tower from here to Mars if I stacked all the leather and iron I hoard in these games. I don't actually need it, I just do it.

    I tend to... kinda go into stand-by mode and just play on autopilot while watching videos or listening to podcasts, subconsciously anxious to get back into the plot, the meat of the game that (in the best case) is actually interesting and engaging and offers some amount of progression.

    Besides some obvious mechanical disadvantages such as overleveling yourself for the remaining content you just tend to get burned out. It's happened to me even in games with otherwise great or at least engaging writing such as The Witcher and Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I just get sick of actually playing the game because I conditioned myself to associate the game with grinding - and it's really difficult to break the habit.

    But at some point during my first complete playthrough of Odyssey (I played the first third as Alexios, then started over a few months later as Kassandra), something kinda... clicked. I thought to myself 'What the fuck are you even doing? This isn't Soccer Manager 2001, you don't play this game because you want to work down a table and collect checkmarks. Get out of there, go to the next main quest marker and get back into the actual game." And so I did.

    And I don't think I never before had as much fun with an open world ARPG thingy as at that point. I played Odyssey all the way to completion, did the DLCs (First Blade was dull, loved Atlantis) and still put like an additional 50 hours into the game after I had my epiphany.

    Let's not kid ourselves: Ubisoft open world games are kind of a distinct sub-genre at this point, if only for their sameyess. I still enjoy them, though. I actually even liked stuff such as Far Cry: New Dawn and I still love The Division 2. Most players - even the proponents of the game - would consider them bloated due to the immense amounts of optional content. That's a valid point but it's optional: Most of these games still offer gameplay in the dozens of hours even without doing everything. And I had to learn that I'm allowed and able to skip content that would mar my enjoyment of a game.

    So this is kind of a plea from one who's been through it to all the players that actually like the game (or any like it) but struggle with the way they tend to play them: Take a step back, reconsider whether you actually need or want any of the map markers, enemy camps, resource nodes, whatever. Valhalla actually makes it kind of easy because it tells you what to expect from any location. I decided to only grab the gear chests at this point (because Fashion's Creed) and then focus on the story arcs. And it's just SO MUCH BETTER.

    submitted by /u/Slevin_Kedavra
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla is not too "Long", It is Just poorly paced.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 10:45 AM PST

    With a few people recently saying Valhalla is too long, It got me thinking, Is it really? And the answer to that was a no.

    Well actually the answer to that is "its complicated". The actual problem in Valhalla is that we keep hitting these solid blocks in Story where we have to move away from the actual story and do some other quest which more often than not has got nothing to do with our actual story.

    This creates a perception that things are dragging along to much and even though these side stories aren't bad(Hell Sciropcire was bloody brilliant) It just takes away the flow of the story as you are constantly interrupted in it. In essence it is the opposite of Far cry 5, There your open world fun stuff was rudely interrupted by the bosses to give you more story beats, Here it is the opposite.

    The way to solve it would be to have a more linear path to the main story and keep these quests for end game. y'know after the main story is done. That would be really good. Not only will the main story with Sigurd flow better, These stories(Like East Anglia or Essex) Will have more time to flourish in their own right and will not hamper the experience but enhance it.

    But what do you guys think?

    (For ref this is just all that I just said in a video format-Incase you don't wanna read: https://youtu.be/H8XS5PqD5j8 )

    submitted by /u/Wulfrixmw
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to write in the Isu language

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 02:06 PM PST

    Trying to write in the Isu language

    Alright, so I've been working on making my own hidden blade and to make a long story short I've been trying to figure out how to write "Gods are just like you and me" in the Isu language because its my favorite line in the mechanism messages from AC Origins and I'm going to etch it onto the flat of the blade. I've watched Access the Animus' videos on analyzing the language and read https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/l6chzl/spoilers_assassins_creed_valhalla_updated_isu/ this post to figure out a few things.

    Since the words "gods", "just", and "like" haven't appeared I've tried to figure out what they would be. Since the letters in the Isu language have direct latin transliterations I just translated the word "god", and "similar to" into latin, then used the chart created by bool0011 to write them in the Isu language. Then I tried to construct the sentence from the rules I can remember from Access the Animus' videos.

    I'm not 100% confident I've got it right since Antoine Henry is the only person who could say for certain whether or not it is but regardless I'm fairly proud of it. I've attached an image of my attempted translation.

    https://preview.redd.it/38u64i6ukxf61.png?width=4032&format=png&auto=webp&s=1adc14f56ca05a8f67b09547a1f83dd7f11ea52f

    submitted by /u/CainIsmene
    [link] [comments]

    Tattoo customization in ACValhalla is pretty much useless, cause none of your gear actually shows them off.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 05:23 AM PST

    Like, really, how many of you remember that you have tattoos aside from the one on your face? Sure, you can chase around designs, but like 99.69% of the gear in the game hides all of your tattoos. Chances are you may glimpse some of the tattoos on your hands, but the rest is completely hidden. I mean, it is set in a colder climate, so this COULD have worked in Odyssey, but definitely not in England.

    Hell, if you're playing Female Eivor, most of the tattoos are obscured by her 10th century bra, even though the designs clearly are meant to go all across the back and chest as they do on Male Eivor. And I mean, the game does have an ESRB rating for nudity and toggles for it, you'd think maybe this would be an excuse to let femEivor show off the ink, but nope.

    The only armor set that kind of shows off the tattoos is the Berserker set, which, to no one's surprise, is paid DLC.

    And now every week/day, Reda sells a new tattoo and, you're never gonna actually see them on your character unless you play naked or hide all of the gear. Truly one of the most useless customization options in AC yet.

    submitted by /u/Shirokurou
    [link] [comments]

    How to explore the Assassin's Creed Universe guide

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 03:09 AM PST

    Word of warning on event items!! Caution!

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 07:20 PM PST

    In vahalla. Just incase this doesn't cross anyones mind. You lose all the items from the holiday event when you start a new game. Wasn't thinking about that and started a new playthrough and I'm pretty sad. Who knows how long til I see them again.. and I'm kinda a completionist. Wheres new game plus UBISOFT?!

    submitted by /u/Swimming-Fishing-604
    [link] [comments]

    Is the quest called "Viking for hire" mandatory to progress the story and finish Assassin's Creed Valhalla?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 07:19 PM PST

    It may be is a dumb question, but is this quest mandatory to complete the story or the game? I have seen different answers and am very confused. Although it appears on my main quest log, I have seen some people say they have finished the game without it. Then I came across one article that states it's mandatory to progress the story. Can someone who has finished the game help me out?

    submitted by /u/karim_adnan_754
    [link] [comments]

    What's the point of ships having 90 cargo capacity in Kenway's Fleet? (Black Flag)

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 12:00 PM PST

    As far as I can tell, I've unlocked every mission and none of them require a cargo capacity of more than 80.

    I get that the higher-level man'o'wars have higher fire power and speed stats, too, but why even bother with upping the cargo stats if they're pointless?

    Is there something I'm missing?

    submitted by /u/kingdom55
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers] Fully understanding the AC Valhalla is a +$200 investment

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 11:13 PM PST

    Please don't get me wrong - the ending is awesome. It has modern elements from the latest games and a really nice reference to old games through Desmond, plus, the plot twist with Basim is cool. I played all the games in the franchise and I had no problem understanding what was going on, but I couldn't help but think that it was a bizarre ending for anyone new to the franchise. To get what's going on, fully, you'd have to had played and purchased Valhalla, Odyssey and the DLC and at the very least AC III, if not the full Ezio franchise too. That adds up to over 200 right now on the PS store! That's crazy!

    submitted by /u/RazvanBaws
    [link] [comments]

    AC Valhalla - Odin’s Rune of Illusion - Found something cool.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 08:10 AM PST

    If you go to the cavern where the rune is located in Suthsexe, in the NW corner of the cavern, the floor doesn't quite meet the wall and you are able to jump into the hole created. Move towards the edge and start climbing down.

    I guess you're underneath the rendered ground and able to see the world from the bottom up.

    submitted by /u/srocan
    [link] [comments]

    How good is Valhalla! mechanics

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 10:46 PM PST

    Just up to finding the traitor in the first couple of missions, long way to go.... so well planned out and crafted, brilliant game all around.....this game deserves more credos then it gets. You get the overhyped 2077 that failed to deliver much and this slides right under the radar.

    whats your fav part so far?

    submitted by /u/rarscl
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin’s Creed Unity: a Beautiful Swan with rotten intestines

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 06:35 PM PST

    I write this „Review" because i heard so many people praise Unity because it's falsely looked down upon because of a bad release and because of the Glitch memes. When in fact, quite a few praise it to be as one of the best AC games in the franchise. And to that i say... did we play the same game? Here is my experience with Assassin's Creed Unity: (P.S. i haven't played syndicate so if someone comes up with „Syndicate had it worse/ better" i can't judge it. Also, i played it on the PS4 so i will say which buttons i pressed in PS Style)

    THE GOOD

    Parkour

    One of Unity's biggest praises is that it has the best Parkour/ climbing system in the Franchise. And yes, it does! Arno, out of all the Assassins, is the best. The distances he can jump are phenomenal. The „jump far" or „descant fast" buttons (R2 + X or O) are amazing features to determine how Arno should run and jump trough Paris in your own Style. The animations Arno does when Parkouring trough the City are also very satisfying to watch. The spin and flips add Flair to him as a Assassin running across the roofs of the City. I remember vividly the most epic moment in the game when i was free roaming. I was running away from the Cops, i went inside a house, jumped out the window, climbed up a House, jumped into another one trough an open window, then inside, killed a guard, jumped out the window again and into another open window where i assassinated a guard trough the window, only to escape via smokebomb and then trough another window out again. I legit felt like a Master Assassin trying to escape!

    1790's Paris

    AC Unity does not have the best World in the franchise since even thou it's a perfect playground for Parkouring trough it, after a while, everything starts to look the same. AC3 and AC2 for instsnce had it better with different areas to play trough and locations that looked completely different to one another. But i willsay this, without a Shadow of a Doubt, Paris is the most alive world in the AC Franchise. Since it's set in the Revolution era, there are cpuntless people on the street with countless activities surrounding them. I see people protest, carrying other people around, fighting each other, helping each other, carrying various Items around, singing, swearing and so much more! I love this! It truly makes you feel that you are not the most interesting thing going on around in that world or around the lives of others. It also helps that the events like stopping a thief and killing criminals also add to it feeling so alive! I can simply walk trough Paris for hours and just breathe in the world for how alive it is.

    The Designs and Styles

    I have played a lot of AC Games and let me tell you, AC Unity, without a shadow of a doubt, is the most Beautiful AC Game in the franchise. First of all, i want to say that AC Unity's Hair graphics look a million times better than the ones we have seen since, which is saying something since Unity came out 6 years before Valhalla did. When you compare Elise's hair with the ones of other Females such as Rendvi, Aya, Kleopatra, Kassandra and other female characters, you wonder why it looks so much worse. Even if it's just a small meaningless detail, why do the Hairstyles in AC Unity look so much smoother, better, more detailed than the games that came later on? I also want to say that Arno looks incredible. Yes, he may look like a french Ezio (which is weird because they aren't related) but does it matter? The fatial features are done amazingly by the team. I just find it very disappointing and displeasing that the Scars in the game are bareley visible. I mean, i forgot Arno even had a Scar after the Prison Sequence and that Bellec has one too if it wasn't for the cut you see trough his Beard. And not to mention, the expressions, movements and animations in cutscenes are all so much better and a breath of nostalgia compared to the extremley bad animations we see from Odyssey and Valhalla where it looks like it was made with the Dragon Age Origins animations. And lastly, the BIGGEST thing i love about Unity, Arno's Equipment designs. Arno has, in my Opinion, the best designs of any Assassin in the franchise. He truly looks like a proper Assassin in any way you customize him. I give Ubisoft a 11/10 for how perfectly they created and designed Arnos clothes pieces and his Weapons. But what wonders me is, why didn't Ubisoft make Arno's default Equipment Color White? It was literally the main color of the AC Franchise and it looks sooooooo much better than the Blue one they gave him. So how come?

    The Story

    As of right now, i ended Sequence 6 and i realized like where the Story is going. All the Characters are likable. Arno, Bellec, Elise, the guy that replaced the King of Beggars, the Assassin Council members and even certain Templars like the King of Beggar's goon you meet multiple times troughout the story. It also feels good to finally see the Assassin Guild with a proper system, Hideout, council and everything again. I got truly invested in the story, the characters and the world. So here's a ⭐️ for that.

    The Multiplayer (on Paper)

    The idea of of roaming around Paris, doing missions and simply being together with different Assassin players in the game sounds like an AMAZING idea. It's the Multiplayer every AC fan wanted. I mean, yeah, the Brotherhood Multiplayer was really good and fun, but not what fans really wanted. So it's gret... on Paper... i will get to it soon.

    Detective Arno

    I just love the unsolved Murder mysteries side quests. I find them fun and interesting, even thou as of right now, it's not all that hard to find out who is the culprit since the game makes it rather easy to figure it out.

    THE BAD

    Parkour

    Yeah, i bet you didn't expect to see the same topic again did you? While yes, Unity has the best Parkour system to go over the roofs, but if you are on the ground, it's a different story. There have been countless moments where while i was running trough the City and trying to parkour trough obstacles, Arno simply got stuck or forgot that he can flip like a master acrobat. Chairs, tables, pots with flowers, fences and many other things, Arno makes a complete halt there. And it's beyond frustrating when you have to run away with a time limit clocking down whilst enemies chase you down, only for Arno to refuse to leave the chair he is currently balancing on. And i can press anything i want, but he refuses to leave his position. And even worse when he won't even try to climb over something he can clearly do, just because he simply doesn't feel like it. Also, remember the people i mentioned who are on the streets that make Paris feel alive? Yeah, they will fuck up your ground parkour too. So while the Parkour on the Roofs is almost flawless, the Parkour on the ground is an absolute chore and frustrating af.

    "ARNO, WHAT ARE YOU DOING???"

    Now this is a problem that is pretty much consistent troughout the entire AC Franchise, not just Unity. Now, be honest with me, the others and yourself now. You most definitely had moments in an AC game where you thought: „WHAT ARE YOU DOING????". It can be with Altair, Ezio, Connor, Edward, Shay, Arno, Jacob, Bayek, Alexios and even to this day with Eivor that the character straight up and simply refusrs to follow your commands. And not any different here in Unity. There have been countless moments where Arno refused to climb a spot, even thou he can very clearly make that gap, because he done it before too. Or refuses to climb trough an open window, even if you Press L2, which leads him to first do everything but climb trough that damn Window. The same when it comes to double assassinations and he simply assassinates one Enemy. Or when you try to cover behind domething and Arno covers in the worst way possible, so that everyone can still see him no problem (worse than Red Dead 2's cover system). Or Arno straight up refuses to climb up/over the same spot he just threw an enemy down from, which forces me to first wiggle around the ledges with him fist before he can climb on it or over it. Or the dumbest thing ever, when Arno jumps down on an enemy that spotted him, he knocks the enemy down and Arno simply refuses to attack the enemy until the ebeny stands up and can block my attacks! Like, seriosuly Arno, WTF ARE YOU DOING????

    The Online connection

    I don't exaggerate when i say AC Unity has the worst Online connection i have ever experienced in any game ever. Enemies respond to actions such as attack, dodges and parries 5 seconds later, you can't loot anything since halway trough, it cancels your command and you can't loot a corpse or steal something of a Person. Which SUCKS since you need to get a certain item to progress with the mission. Which means you spam O all the time, just to do what the game tells you to do. And it's even worse when you need to speak or „save" a person important to the Mission and it simply doestrigger, which leads up to 10 minutes of waiting, or the host simply leaving the mission, which is just so god damn bad. And yeah, sure, i can do it Private in Solo, but certain missions are that god damn hard and near impossible to finish alone. 10 second delay bugs, non triggering events, too hard for solo plays (unless your equipment is OP) and sometimes 20 minute ways for players to join a game. God i never had worse online experiences.

    Stats > Customizations

    This i hate. I just previously praised the Design of the game, which then gets countered by the fact that to not be completely one shotted by certain Enemies, you need to equip items that make you keep up with the difficulty, which leads to your Arno possibly looking really bad or not the way you want him to look, just so you can have a fighting chance. Which then also leads to you having to grind for missions and money so you can progress trough the Main Story without having to fight and parry enemies 8 minutes long since your equipment is 2 levels behind. Let me enjoy the Beauty of the game!

    Bugs and Glitches

    They are still there. Stuck on a wall, on furnitures. Enemies not responding to actions like attacks, Gas Bombs or flash bombs, Arno sometimes simply gets into „free fall mode" where he is stuck in literally nothing more than the wind in the Air and game not responding to your buttons. Also, i suffered bugs where the environment simply disappeared in certain cutscenes for a few moments.

    "Stealth"

    I build up as much Stealth as possible and enemies can still spot me from a mile away. And people say: „focus on Stealth to avoid conflict, makes it easier" whilse not knowing how bad the stealth sucks. Objects you can cover behind are usually filled with holes or are smaller than Arno, which makes enemies still spot Arno without any problems. Worst of all, Arno can't whistle to attract Enemies to him. He has Cherry bombs, but those attract every enemy in a 3 mile radius and i just want one enemy to come to my location, not 4. The Cover systemand enemy placements felt a million times better in Black Flag. So how come it devolved from back then??? And sometimes, there are ares where Stealth is near to impossible, like the Prison castle for instance where you need to do some missions there.

    The Secret Armor

    So this is more of a Nitpick, but Unity's „secret collectable Armof" sucks. In AC2, when you collected everything needed, you got a sick ass Black Outfit that was Altair's Armor. In Brotherhood, it was Bartolomeo's Red outfit with Cool Fur, in AC3, it was Achilles' and Captain Kidd's outfits, in Black Flag, it was an epic Armor set, but in Unity? Altair's AC outfit, just Black. That is absolutely unsatisfying.

    The Combat and other actions/ interactions

    This. This is my absolute biggest gripe with AC Unity. This game, has without any shadow of a doubt, the WORST Combat system i have ever played in any AC game ever. They took out the counter mechanic to replace it with the Parry, which suuuuuuuuuuuucks. For one, AC 3 had the best combat system. It was flashy, satisfying and simply very good. You can attack, block, use special items, switch trough different weapons mid fight via quick tabs, you can use enemies as shields against guns, you can pick up the weapons of other enemies and you can counter 3 attacking enemies at once, which led to an Epic 1 v 3 cinematic, which felt so satisfying to get. But in Unity? Nah, they gave you a dodge (which sucks) a parry (which sucks) and light and heavy attacks (which you need to purchase separately to learn). And that's it. You cannot counter enemies, you cannot choose fists as a weapon (which were there since the very first AC), you cannot have throwing knives, you cannot pick up Weapons of other enemies (for instance, pick up Rifles to shoot someone, then use your weapons for the rest) you cannot pick up corpses and hide them away, you cannot use your Hidden Blade as an attacking weapon (which was even used in AC1. It was an instant Death counter to even the strongest enemies, but the counter time had to be precision perfect to land it, high risk high reward), you cannot use other enemies as shields against guns and enemies are unfair af. There is no attack pattern on enemies. Sure, some yell before they attack, but in previous AC Games, 5 different enemies didn't attack all at once where you couldn't react to them at all and was forced in the defensive for 9/10th of the time. And literally every single Enemy carries a gun with them, which they use all the time. And your Dodge is so bad and Pathetic, that they will hit you all the time. And funny enough, on higher leveled enemies, you need to shoot them with your high level gun up to 5 times to kill them, whilse they only need to hit you twice. And don't come at me with: „it's more challenging and realistic", that's a pisspoor excuse for basically saying that the combat is simply worse. And what realism? The same one in a game where enemies can take up to 5 bullets before they die? Or the same enemies that can dodge point blank bulkets in the fog of a smoke bomb? OH! I forcot to mention, the looting system is terrible! I have no more bullets, so i loot the corpses of enemies since they all carry gubs with them aswell. 30 corpses were looted and not a single one had Ammo. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!? You want to tell me that the same person who pointed a gun at me not 5 seconds ago, has no spare bullets that i can take off of him??? In previous AC Games, certain enemy types had the ammo you needed for your special weapons, which makes sense. But here? Nah. And yes, the „Restock" Ability fixes this problem (kinda) but still doesn't make it any less dumb.

    In conclusion, AC Unity is without any shadow of a doubt one of, if not the most beautiful AC Game in the franchise. Beautiful designs, lovable characters and astonishing City. But sadly, that's all just a cover up for an abysmal and bug infested core game, where the controls and Arno refuse to do what you tell them to do, certain aspects that were heavily downgraded and a unfinished glitchfest of an Online Multiplayer.

    But i will say this, i still like it more and find it better than both Odyssey and Valhalla, which is sad on Ubisoft's part.

    submitted by /u/Fyrijou
    [link] [comments]

    The final boss battle in Unity is the easiest battle in videogame history

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 06:59 AM PST

    I really liked the game so much, but wth was that weak ass final battle? It literally takes 30 seconds to do. Trow a smoke bomb on him and stab him with the hidden blade. Do that 3 times and your done. A regular enemy is stronger than François-Thomas Germain

    submitted by /u/Marco_the_Vegan
    [link] [comments]

    If the Assassins and Templars were real, what faction would you choose to be a part of and why?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 01:18 PM PST

    In terms of day-to-day life, I'd love being an Assassin and stealthily killing Templars in grand areas. But in a purely philosophical sense, I'd associate myself as a Templar since all they want is order and the Assassins want anarchy (I'm an egalitarian). Also, in modern-day the Templars are winning and Abstergo is very successful - the Assassins today are undercover and a few in number.

    Edit: I mean the AC franchise's depictions of the Assassins and Templars, not the historical ones during the Crusades.

    submitted by /u/sombat92
    [link] [comments]

    A critique as a newcomer of odyssey and Valhalla

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 02:59 PM PST

    I came to AC for the first time ever starting with Odyssey around a month ago. I immediately loved it. I even took a day off work to play the game for that whole day. I beat it and the Fate of Atlantis. I then got Valhalla, and I'm not enjoying this one nearly as much. I'm very much into sunshine and vibrancy so naturally Odyssey is the winner for me by a long shot

    Here's the thing. My issue with both games is the leveling up. It's not that I need to level up, I enjoy that. It's that there is boring side quests required to level up. It's VERY clear the ONLY purpose the side quests serve is to assist the player with leveling. And if you don't want to waiste 20 hours doing the most mind numbing side content ever made, you pay the ten dollars. I have both games. I started odyssey without but within 25 or 30 hours I bought it because it wasn't hard to tell the absolute minimum amount of effort went into side quests.

    It's clear Ubisoft either forced the studios to add this crappy layer to the game for a profit as usual. Or the studio and Ubisoft both stupidly determined this was somehow good for the game and it isn't.

    As a now fan of the franchise. I do hope to see more condensed story or at the very least. Side quests that matter. Like the thieves guild of Skyrim. It was very fun to do the first time and results in awesome armor and a couple weapons too. Pretty much zero of the side content has any value like that in AC. It's blatantly a cash grab and this will come to bite them in the ass if this is to be how the games are moving forward.

    Find a better way to get our money out of our pocket than forcing us to do extremely boring xp quests Ubisoft. I'm not buying another xp boost.

    submitted by /u/TheTargaryen28
    [link] [comments]

    [minor spoiler] Character from Origins still living in Valhalla?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 04:44 AM PST

    So i just saw a short clip of Valhalla, where Reda gives a letter from Bayek to Eivor and says that Bayek was a good man. Is there any explanation on how Reda still is alive nearly 900 years after Origins? Does he possibly possess an artifact?

    I haven't played Valhalla yet, so please no major spoilers :)

    submitted by /u/lederhosnpepe
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla's blood doesn't hold a candle to Odyssey's

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 09:50 AM PST

    The way it come off of the sword and onto the ground. Real juicy dark and satisfying.

    Now I barely notice it. Using photo mode I got a better look at it. It's just bunch of red dots with no gloss whatsoever. C'mon ubisoft...

    I rly think Odyssey's devs would've done a better Valhalla.

    submitted by /u/Fehendil
    [link] [comments]

    Jomsvikings have armor I don’t have?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 11:47 AM PST

    I've just realised that my Jomsviking has stages/levels of armor that I've never had, e.g the base version of Thegn's Heavy Tunic that doesn't have the armor chest plate, it's just a dark tunic, I like the simplicity of it and I want to wear it. Does this mean that armor scales with progression, so that if I'd have found this armor at an earlier level I would've had this?

    submitted by /u/DeathBat92
    [link] [comments]

    (AC Valhalla) I hate cairns with a passion.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 05:35 AM PST

    What started out as a simple calm but engaging puzzle turn out to be a rage inducing and controller throwing even. I am an extreme completionist so for each area it gives me great satisfaction to do every event in that area. However as your power scales and you can go to new power appropriate areas the cairns scale to extremes that make me just act as if they don't even exist on my map. Needless to say that's one part of the game that can just die off.

    submitted by /u/Hustle-Dont-Hate_98
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment