• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 24, 2021

    Assassin's Creed The Rogue-Unity connection seems like wasted potential (spoilers)

    Assassin's Creed The Rogue-Unity connection seems like wasted potential (spoilers)


    The Rogue-Unity connection seems like wasted potential (spoilers)

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 08:02 AM PST

    After finishing Rogue Shay heads to Paris and it turns out he's the one who kills Arno's father. I feel like the Unity story should have had Shay as the Grandmaster or a Charles Lee type threat throughout the story. Tbh I think Unity has the only story so far I don't like at all. Arno felt like an Ezio ripoff stripped of most of the things that made Ezio a badass in the first place. The love angle between him and Elise was kinda interesting but seemed to fall flat on its face and the Napoleon cameo didn't do much for the story imo. The thought of co-op, new stealth and new parkour mechanics is what carried me through the game. Arno could have maybe had moral dilemmas as he would go back and forth between the path of avenging his father while trying to not lose himself to hatred and darkness.

    submitted by /u/Ned_Jr
    [link] [comments]

    I miss time stamps so much

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 03:06 PM PST

    God I miss time stamps in these games. It's such a fast and easy way to show progression and would absolutely have made the last three games so much better, showing you that you are moving forward. I noticed it especially in Valhalla as characters keep referencing the passage of time while the game only shows it twice I think. I guess it makes sense with the go anywhere, do anything at any time style of rpg but putting player actions in the context of a time period was so nice.

    submitted by /u/Elliott_MCG
    [link] [comments]

    [Valhalla Spoilers] An AC1 Remake would make a lot of sense now IMO

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 03:18 AM PST

    Spoilers for the end of Valhalla ahead:

    So at the end, Basim becomes the new MD protagonist, and when he talks with Rebecca and Shaun he comments about how the Assassin's aren't called Hidden Ones anymore, which speaks for his interest in the brotherhood (even though I think it's basically just Loki now? not exactly sure). So what if in the Remake, it's not the beginning of Desmond's story, but instead Basim revisiting the era to learn more about the history of the Assassin Order?

    I thought about an AC1 remake quite a bit and one thing I thought would be weird is that AC1 is largely about Desmond, and just having that first part of his story remade would be jarring, because in order to follow his story further new players would have to go back to a 12 year old game.

    submitted by /u/Lethtor
    [link] [comments]

    My Love Letter to Assassin's Creed Rogue [Spoilers]

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 10:14 PM PST

    Assassin's Creed Rogue has always been the black sheep of the franchise, in my opinion: Too short to be good, to good to be labeled bad, and too many side quests for its own sake. But after having played through Black Flag, Brotherhood, and Revelations again (in that order), I now remember why this game was always one of my absolute favorites as I sail the treacherous seas of North America.

    Firstly, the naval gameplay. Rogue takes elements of Black Flag and enhances them greatly. The element of ship combat is made much more interesting by the settings in the North Atlantic and the River Valley. The addition of icebergs and the Seven Years' War makes the game feel like a chess board in which you are the Queen. And that's fitting, seeing as your ship is named the Morrigan.

    I felt more connection to the Morrigan than I did the olde Jackdaw. My proud ship crashed through the ice, mortars blazing and Puckle Guns firing, her red hull clad in Iron and the Wolf Figurehead striking fear in the heart of every Frenchman. And on that note, I must say that the cosmetic items for the Morrigan are far and away some of the best customization the entire franchise has ever seen. Nothing makes me happier than seeing a fresh set of sails and a new wheel on my beloved ship.

    The Naval Campaign is a welcome addition. It makes capturing a Man Of War from the French feel like a real victory. Helping secure British Dominance across the world feels like an actual struggle, but one that can be done. Participating in large Naval conflicts with British and French ships is as rewarding as it is fun and beating the Naval Campaign is one of the most satisfying experiences I've ever had in a game.

    The gameplay on land isn't too much to ride home about, but it had some great innovations. The introduction of the Air Rifle with Berserk and Sleep darts, the ability to find said darts on bodies, and the Firecracker darts helped me infiltrate and assassinate many times. The grenade launcher is a tool I rarely use, and I'm still sore that it robs me of 2 pistols, but it's a fun addition nonetheless.

    The outfits in the game are fantastic. The crafted outfits feel unique and each of the Templar uniforms look amazing in their own right, especially the Templar Hunter with a signature red cape that reminds me of a certain Italian. The Viking Armor is a welcome historical addition, as is the 11th Century Templar armor, something I hunted for religiously in my first playthrough. Shouts of DEUS VULT rang across the fjords as I sailed my ship through the ice.

    The weapon choices are very good, with the best sword set locked behind an arduous task, and most of the top tier sword sets outclass each other in different ways, encouraging you to play with the ones you liked. The flashy or simply brutal sword combat was a fun mixup from Black Flag, though the melee combat still resorted to buttonmashing most of the time, and the enemy types were more irritating than challenging.

    I never thought I would enjoy exploring my homelands, and yet, here I am, scouring every part of the River Valley for artifacts and Assassins. I've lived in Western Pennsylvania for over 10 years and am proud to call it home. Mountains, rivers, dense forests... all are second nature to me. And yet I felt a strange sense of wonder as I wandered the Old Forest Road and other paths in the River Valley, hunting wolves, bear, hares and deer. I climbed trees and cliffs and swam down rivers with joy. I loved seeing the indigenous villages and speaking with the Elder to obtain their special armor, an artifact I wore on special occasions only.

    And now, the part that sold this game to me as one of my top 3 in the franchise and one of my top 10 games of all time: The Story.

    The tragic tale of Shay Patrick Cormac, a man who followed a path that he believed to be right to prevent the deaths of millions of people at the hands of misguided and delusional cultists. This game and AC3 turned my entire view of the Templars on its head. It made me realize that while the Assassin's were once noble and good, they had become a grave threat to the world that must be destroyed. It made me realize that the Templars are the only way to live and survive in the modern day. It is why I wear a steel Templar Cross even as I write this, something I wear openly and with pride.

    Shay's dark and mournful story stays with me years after it's been told. Killing Adewale, Hope, and Liam haunts me to this day. People he and I had loved, friends he had known all his life, and a family he had turned his back on. The regret and sorrow Shay felt was real to me as he burned everything he knew to the ground so that the world might be safe. I even took Hope back to Fort Arsenal and laid her in the gazebo where she could rest forever. Shay made his own luck, and now, so do I as the Assassins fall to my blades.

    Rogue is the last of the original Assassin's Creed games and where my journey with the series stops. I loved Unity for the Multiplayer aspect and story, and I hated Syndicate, Origins, and Odyssey. I tried to play Syndicate three separate times only to be reminded why I hated it and stop. It took me less than an hour of Origins to see how bad it was and gameplay footage from Odyssey only convinced me that I couldn't go on. Rogue is where the buck stops, and for that, I love it all the more.

    Rogue is the ultimate ending to the story, historically and in the real world. Shay saves the world and brings in a new order. Your character is recruited into the Templar Order to hunt the Assassins. And we just... forget that Assassin's Creed 3 ever happened because Assassin's Creed 3 is the worst game if we don't count anything after Rogue.

    I will never forget this amazing game and all it did for me. The shanties my men sung, the people I was forced to kill, the world I built, and the luck I made. All of it was because of Rogue.

    submitted by /u/CapColdblood
    [link] [comments]

    Finally finished Valhalla, ending thoughts

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 04:14 PM PST

    First things first, this game was insanely long yet when it finally finished It felt like there wasn't actually an ending...

    No doubt the dlc will carry it on but the second half of the campaign was a very hard grind with basically no pay off

    It was also unnecessarily confusing, as someone who's played all the AC games I'm still losing track of who each Isu God is and what they've done before

    When you have to read whole essays on Google to understand the ending it's never fun 😂

    Overall I'm torn with Valhalla, I prefer it to Odyssey but the lack of loot was poor and I didn't like the customisation of armour (lack of)

    I'm hoping they start to evolve the series and mechanics, thought it's selling millions so not optimistic anything changes

    submitted by /u/JakeyChappers
    [link] [comments]

    Stealthing and assassinating suck in AC3

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 05:34 PM PST

    I haven't played AC much since Black Flag. No real reason for the break, I just took a long subconscious break from video games.

    Anyway, I've been replaying AC3 because I love the setting and I remember it being one of my favorite games. But the controls in this game suck, especially anything related to stealthing.
    If I'm hiding in the grass or hanging off a ledge the guards don't come close enough to assassinate, and I can't even whistle unless I'm hiding in the hay. How am I supposed to be sneaky if I have to come out of hiding to kill anybody?

    The freerunning controls are also pretty meh. The game seems way to eager to have me run up walls or stride across some rocks. This is especially bad if I'm chasing someone or being chased and I have to watch Connor attempt to climb a wall that is too tall; the animation takes too much time and gets me in so much trouble.

    Are all the games like this and I just don't remember? Can I do anything to make this better?

    submitted by /u/ZombiePumkin
    [link] [comments]

    I would love for an AC game to be set in 1500s Japan [Valhalla Spoilers]

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 01:31 PM PST

    I feel like Oda Nobunaga at his peak and Japan's first great unification would be an amazing back drop to an AC plot.

    Plus it's shortly after the time period the Ezio Trilogy took place, which could be a cool cross story, and also considering the ending of valhalla has The Reader and Layla searching for an alternative to Desmond's AC 3 arc, we could see a recurring Ezio since he was the only Assassin to interact with Desmond.

    Plus maybe a 58 year old Shao Jun (protagonist of AC Chronicles China, who is also Ezio's student) could make an appearance.

    There is so much they can do with that time period!

    Edit: Shao Jun could pass down Ezio's teachings to another generation of protagonists.

    Edit 2: I mistakenly typed before Ezio's time period instead of after.

    submitted by /u/ShivamLH
    [link] [comments]

    I wish they kept some AC Unity features in the next games.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 05:17 AM PST

    I understand that unity had its problems at launch but it's come a long way in my opinion. I love the stealth mechanics and combat feels more challenging and interactive. And the parkour is honestly the best we've ever seen.

    Syndicate really screwed up and I think that's why they just threw those kinds of mechanics from unity out and started from scratch.

    Does anyone else hope Ubisoft goes back and makes another game with the core mechanics of unity and just improves on them? Maybe with a sequel with Arno? I just think it sucks that they had such good mechanics (especially the movement and parkour) but threw it out the window because of initial bugs and a crappy sequel.

    submitted by /u/Alikscus
    [link] [comments]

    What is the point of Tattoos?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 04:23 PM PST

    Not sure what the point of the tattoos are (except for face ones). I tatted up my arms back and chest but can't see them due to my armour. Am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/Drizen
    [link] [comments]

    Mysterious symbol in Suthsexe

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 03:04 PM PST

    I would say spoilers for Valhalla, but I won't be giving anything away. Apologies if this question has been asked before, but I was (unsuccessfully) attempting to fish for some sturgeon on the southern coast of Suthsexe and found myself sailing past Brimclif Monastery. Go a little ways west, and keep your eyes on the lower cliff face (apologies for not having a map location, but it's on the far side of the cove from the cross by the water where I vaguely remember some treasure being). You'll see a mysterious symbol engraved into the cliff. Explore close to it, and you'll have to go under and behind it to find a small, sandy cave. For me, the cave was totally empty, except that to the left side (looking in from the entrance), there's another opening where you can go down and out of the bounds of the game, not just the Animus. Does anyone have any clue what this could be? The symbol looks vaguely familiar, so I think it's one of the myriad fillers they use for Isu language. I've already found all the wealth, mysteries, and artifacts for the territory, so I don't think there's any hidden treasure. Honestly, I expected to walk in and find some legendary Isu weapon. I just don't know what to think.

    submitted by /u/Valentin0813
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t get my settlement to level 6

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 04:06 PM PST

    I have completed all pledge missions and raids. but i need one more upgrade to get to level 6 and i need 10 more raw materials. i can't find where to get them anywhere

    submitted by /u/melancholy_breadroll
    [link] [comments]

    How I Reached 100% Main Completion in AC Odyssey

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 03:41 AM PST

    After not being able to find an accurate guide I wanted to share what I did to reach 100% completion on Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

    · First of all, I (of course) finished the main storyline.

    · Become the only merc in Tier 1.

    · I beat all the cultists.

    · I finished all the Lost Tales quests and Quest Giver marker quests.

    · I finished the Atlantis DLC (the only DLC I own).

    · I didn't leave any undiscovered area on the land, however had a few naval undiscovered areas. To go from 99% to 100% I had to uncover some of that mosaic on the sea but I still had uncovered naval areas at 100% completion.

    · I synched all the Viewpoints.

    The things I DIDN'T do!:

    I saw these things are needed to have 100% completion but I didn't do.

    · I didn't clear all the Underwater locations

    · I didn't clear all the tombs.

    · I didn't clear all the forts.

    · I didn't clear all the story portals.

    · I didn't full out my ship's specs

    · I didn't become 1st merc in Tier S4

    I know it is not a brand new game but I know people still play it and I am willing to answer questions under this post. Feel free to ask stuff. I will try to answer the ones I know the answers of.

    submitted by /u/Hybrill
    [link] [comments]

    Newbie help for Odyssey regarding level scaling?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 11:09 PM PST

    So I remember that Origins definitely didn't have level scaling on "normal" difficulty. But, I'm noticing that enemies are definitely scaling to my level in Odyssey. Is there a way to turn this off so that a level 13 quest is always a level 13 even when I'm at level 20?

    Progress wise I just beat Chrysis and will be going to Korinthia next, but there are quests that I skipped after trying because the enemies were super OP, and those enemies have scaled up making the skip seem pointless

    submitted by /u/wraithkelso317
    [link] [comments]

    Probably been asked a million times but what are people's favorite Assassins Creed games?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 11:36 AM PST

    For me my four favorites are probably 2, Brotherhood, 3, and Black Flag. Yes I know 3 is despised by many but I personally loved it except for the godawful ending. I am so far really enjoying Valhalla but am unable to fully formulate my thoughts yet. Origins is one game that I seem to disagree with the community about as it is one of my least favourites and could have functioned as a much better origin story for the Creed. Syndicate is easily my least favorite but I don't think any of the games are bad.

    submitted by /u/ElectronicAddress424
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with melee, block, and parry?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 10:38 PM PST

    I can deal with the shitty parkour (mostly). I can deal with the lack of lip sync. I can deal with the occasional freezes.

    What I can't deal with is that when I press R1 or L1 it doesn't respond and I get my ass beat.

    Also the stamina bar is a terrible mechanic. The square button is already laggy for me, so when I'm able to get it to work I have to wait for it to refill.

    Is this the technical issues of the game? Or could it to be weight of the armor and weapons?

    submitted by /u/watsrname
    [link] [comments]

    Avenge the death of other players.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 10:54 AM PST

    Just want to try something...

    I went to Norway (Fornburg), and near the spawn location off to the left, in front of the Shop, I let those guards kill me 2 times. I want to see if anyone will go there and see if they can avenge me. Also let them kill you too if you want. so we can see if this works.

    Also, if anyone knows another easy place to fast travel to where the guards attack on-sight, lemme know and I'll go die there.

    My theory is that not enough players die, and if they do, it's in a place that most players have already been and may never go back to and notice. Idk though, probably just a bug.

    submitted by /u/_eL_T_
    [link] [comments]

    Best place to find dead players in AC Valhalla?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 09:02 AM PST

    I would love to complete this timed challenge, but it's damn hard to die in Valhalla, and so kinda even harder to find someone who died.

    Any suggestions where the corpses are usually piling up? :)

    submitted by /u/Morholt
    [link] [comments]

    [PS4] Assassin’s Creed Iv: Black Flag’s delayed combat counters

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 09:58 PM PST

    Is anyone else having issues with the damn counters? I've spammed the O button like 5 times when the icon appears and it never seems to input. Nothing wrong with my controller as well, I've also noticed this on the 3 remaster

    submitted by /u/ThatJerkLuke
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Black Flag Review

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 02:45 AM PST

    Hey guys! It's me, that guy who once asked which one to play between Black Flag and Origins. So I got advices from some of you to play Black Flag. Yesterday, I finished it and the DLC's (Freedom Cry & Aveline) and Imma say what I think of those games, starting from the DLCs:

    Aveline: hmm dunno what to say about it. Felt like I finished it in only 30 minutes (Imagine!). I just missed the forests in Liberation (I'm not sure if Aveline took place in the same place in Liberation) and playing as Aveline. Nothing else🤷‍♂️

    Freedom Cry: Now this was really cool. Liberating slaves was really fun and a bit hurting when you see them being tortured (fyi, I'm African, so I felt it a lot). And the french in it really made me say random things in French lol. Loved it.

    Black Flag: The story was really emotional, especially deaths of people like Blackbeard and Mary. And the ending got me crying (lol). Seeing them sitting on the table, and the conversation between Edward and his daughter, and finally: Haytham Kenway. I was like "Wow". Really great, the best one I played since the first AC.

    Again thanks to those who advise me to play Black Flag. Loved it❤

    submitted by /u/Rwagapfizi
    [link] [comments]

    It would be nice to see Assassins Creed go way back to the original storyline but at a certain extent

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 12:25 PM PST

    Don't get me wrong I really enjoy the characters we've had for the past 3 games especially Bayek but I would really love to continue the bloodline of the original assassins. For example, Unity is the most complete separate game from all the other AC's and popped out of nowhere. I'm not saying AC needs to go back to the original formula because I absolutely love the RPG feeling but at the same time RPG is what is holding AC's unique gameplay back. I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts...

    submitted by /u/l-Are-The-Niggest
    [link] [comments]

    I would really like an AC game that returns to the Middle East.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 10:34 PM PST

    I would love to see a big, sprawling open world RPG AC game set in the Middle East centered around Hassan I Sabah and the formation of the Hidden Ones into the Hashishin/Assassin's.

    However I think it would be more interesting to play as an established Assassin under the guidance of Sabbah and also getting to recruit more Assassins

    submitted by /u/JacksonsIII
    [link] [comments]

    Spoilers: How much further do I have to go from here?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 05:39 PM PST

    I tried looking online but I'm trying to avoid spoilers - Sigurd and I were in the 'faux Valhalla' and defeated Basim. Now I'm back to Layla.

    With how I set the map up, I think I only had one spot left of the area surrounding Wincestre.

    Just curious if there's a bunch more or if it's winding down. No spoilers, but map Allegiances look all completed but that one spot.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/rjwalsh94
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment