• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 3, 2021

    Assassin's Creed I got Valhalla for christmas, and it's one of my favorites now.

    Assassin's Creed I got Valhalla for christmas, and it's one of my favorites now.


    I got Valhalla for christmas, and it's one of my favorites now.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 03:43 PM PST

    So I got Valhalla for christmas, and I love it so much. I love the setting, starting in beautiful snowy Norway as a Viking! Then traveling to beautiful green England and making foes and allies. The map is huge, but there is always something to do. Where there is empty space, you get to enjoy the scenery.

    The side quests are great, many of them are really hilarious. Some make you think, some make you search.

    Speaking of thinking and searching, there's so many things to collect and many are behind puzzles. This is fun!

    The story is also good in my opinion, I like the "new settlers making allies across the country" thing. Every part of England having its own story, but all tie together. I've made a few allies, but far from every part of England. Can't wait to see what's next.

    The combat is fun! The timing you need for dodging and parrying and the abilities keeps it fun and engaging.

    Stealth is what I expected for it to be as a viking in viking age England. There's plenty of bushes and roofs to hide in. You can clear any area without being seen. The timing thing you can do for higher level enemies when you get the ability is a good addition. It keeps the assassination difficult, but fun.

    Syninn, the raven, is great to spot things.

    Raiding is really fun. Too bad you cannot kill civilians, but I understand since Eivor is like that.

    There's so much great things to say about the game, many more than I wrote here. The only negatives are the maaaaany bugs.. Hopefully fixed soon. Then the raids should reset in my opinion. I wish you could upgrade your crew, like you upgrade Eivor with skillpoints and armor upgrades.

    This game is one of my favorite games of all time now, and probably my favorite AC game.

    That's about it.

    submitted by /u/Flowled
    [link] [comments]

    AC Valhalla has a beautiful World

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 04:00 PM PST

    Guys Im currently 50 hours in and not even halfway (currently in the suthsexe arc) but I must say Ubisoft made ac Valhalla a really beautiful and interesting world when you think about how England back then was boggy marshes with shitty huts and a few cities but the world they've created really makes the player want to explore because of how engaging and how randomly exciting some of the world events are.

    submitted by /u/Designer_Customer_69
    [link] [comments]

    Why did I not play these games earlier?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 04:54 PM PST

    I always avoided Assassin's Creed games because I heard that they are too similar to each other. Recently, I saw that the whole franchise is on sale on Steam so I said let's give the first game a try. Honestly, while the game's age is quite apparent, I think it was a pretty cool game overall. I told myself if the first game, which is understandably quite repetitive, is this good then the other games must be amazing. I just played an hour of the second game and I am loving it!

    I mostly play action games(DMC, Dark Souls, etc.) so I couldn't help it but keep criticizing how boring the RPGs I played are(The Witcher 3, Skyrim).

    But in Assassin's Creed, it actually feels like there is some effort done in the combat and other mechanics in the game such as the parkour elements. Looks like I am getting the whole franchise before the sale ends. I finally found some actual fun games to play until Elden Ring is released. Actually, thinking about it right now, I might very well consider Assassin's Creed to be one of my favorite franchises but it's too early to say. I have to play the rest of the games first!

    I know it's a meaningless post but I am just excited to play them! :)

    submitted by /u/Ali20100000
    [link] [comments]

    Curious why some posts are allowed to talk about bugs.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 02:27 PM PST

    Every time I have tried making a post about a specific bug I'm experiencing it gets auto removed and I'm told to post in the mega thread and sometimes it doesn't even have an explanation. Yet I see numerous posts on here asking about bugs that, by the mods/subs own rules, should be in the mega thread. Does it have to do with key words that I'm using that the bot picks up?

    submitted by /u/T_Funky
    [link] [comments]

    What armor and weapons should I focus on getting and upgrading in Valhalla?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 08:11 PM PST

    I don't wanna grind to collect and upgrade every weapon and armor piece. I'm about 15-20 hours in the game and so far I'm still using Varins axe and Eivors defaults armor with some upgrades. I also have a second axe, the starting shield and the starting bow which I have kept upgrading. They are all in the superior tier. Haven't used anything else. What's the best weapons and armor to find and focus on in your opinion?

    submitted by /u/Antman269
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILERS] Assassin's Creed Valhalla Story and Ending Analysis Part 3

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:02 AM PST

    Rune Types and Values Help

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 07:26 PM PST

    In Valhalla... has anyone done the math? Light/Heavy Damage vs Attack? I thought I could swap them out and the check in stats and see a difference... then I realized there was Melee Damage vs Light/Heavy Damage. The usefulness of various runes will certainly be dependent on playstyle, so for arguments sake... I'm currently using two daggers and generally spam Light Attack. Which implies to me that boosting Light Damage would be more beneficial than boosting all attack.

    I guess the _____ Damage runes are conditionally useful (Light, Heavy, Elite, Back, etc) while Attack would boost all of your damage output? So one Attack rune would even boost ranged?

    submitted by /u/spiderborland
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILERS] Discussion - Isu Sages Revealed Throughout History and in Valhalla

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:21 PM PST

    Just finished the game (other than The Order storyline) and have read through numerous threads and youtube videos explaining the Isu sages in the main/supporting characters in Valhalla.

    Am I the only one that didn't get that by the betrayal and fight that Basim is Loki's sage?

    I've watched replays of the ending over and over as well as discussions during the game from Asgard, to the Anaomies etc and though the similarities between Loki and Basim are obvious it just didn't 'click' for me until someone explained it. I was literally as clueless as Eivor and Siguard on what was going on during endgame. It ruined a lot of the in the moment payoff for me.

    Did anyone have the same experience? Could this have been delivered/woven in a more clearer way? Especially the rationale that Loki's sage was looking for Odin in 870 CE. During the narrative it just seemed that Basim was looking for any type of sage / Isu hybrid rather than a specific Isu Sage. I saw Basim as noting more than a Assassin looking to expand the creed and make allies.

    Also after playing the asgard storyline we see that Fenrir wasn't killed just imprisoned which is inconsistent with what Basim communicated to Evior about his family throughout the game.

    Didn't it not click for anyone else on their own? I've seen at least one youtuber analysis that missed this connection as well.

    submitted by /u/fabolousrmx
    [link] [comments]

    AC needs to go back to "You Officially Finished the Game. Now Free Roam." [SPOILERS]

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 04:38 AM PST

    I finished Valhalla earlier today. At least, I think I finished it. I had to look up articles and videos to make sure that I had, in fact, finished the game. And that bothered me, as it did in Odyssey.

    We're familiar with the shift away from a linear storyline, but the separate quest strands are ruining the narrative experience. Some of the most epic climaxes and anti-climaxes have come as games lead you to their natural resolution and epilogue.

    Each time, you're given the freedom to go back to Animus to complete the other activities (chests, sychronisation, etc.), knowing that whatever you do has no further impact on the story and game. It's done.

    So let's talk Valhalla.

    I really enjoyed the simulation-within-a-simulation. Good Matrix vibes. Basim literally being Loki betraying you felt satisfying, and while the game doesn't really cohesively set him up as the final boss, it makes sense enough (esp. if you did the Asgard arc), and your final conversation with Sigurd and subsequent events bring closure. You think the game is over.

    But wait, there's the Order of the Ancients and Aelfred. The guy who pretty much appeared twice in the storyline. You go from this high of having completed the main story and the revelation it hit you with, to having to clear one more shire, and it's as episodic as the others. You don't defeat a nemesis. You beat down a guy you met in the last shire who has no impact on the game. That's the "climax" of this storyline. You go to England and you hear your people sing. Fade to black.

    But the line isn't finished yet because you still haven't finished the Order. So the game tells you to go to Hytham and get directed to the final location which is supposed to take place years later (even though you fought the war literally five minutes ago) and find Aelfred who hands over the medallion, then you get the unique ending track with a vague instruction to find his study in Wincestre which...doesn't mean anything because it's not part of the quest and it's just more lore. The game prompts you to go back to Hytham with the same result - just more character interaction that leads to nothing.

    The whole thing didn't matter.

    The game sets you up to follow Sigurd and the Isu legacy, but that storyline ends first, literally putting you into the shoes of another Modern Day protagonist, and then you finish the England side.

    OH WAIT THERE'S STILL GUNNAR'S WEDDING.

    What a mess of a narrative, and this is the order the game presents it to you. The game utterly fails at giving you closure because it keeps bringing up one more thing.

    Do you remember Connor's resolution? The Davenport settlement flourished, you attended a wedding, you go through the climax of killing your nemesis Charles Lee, Achilles dies and Connor removes the hatchet, signalling the end of the game. Ezio's closure is Altair's library - already the epilogue of the game with all bad guys defeated - and he casts aside his Assassin relics. Edward Kenway sails back to England to the emotional Parting Glass. Even recent in Origins, the end-game is signalled with the assassination of Caesar and the formation of the Hidden Ones. The game is over.

    Odyssey makes this less clear with the Pythagoras line not requiring the completion of the Order of Ancients, so you end up with the "Uh, did I finish the game?" feeling, plus the torrent of DLC that is effectively buying the true ending, whereas all previous story DLCs added to the story.

    Valhalla is a sad trend in setting up a game for DLC rather than crafting a cohesive, fulfilling narrative.

    submitted by /u/nusensei
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla if i didn't got to finish odyssey

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 07:28 PM PST

    Played odyssey for a bit maybe half way through, but never got to finish it, probably cos i'm not super into ancient greece, got a bit "ubi repetitive" maybe, etc.

    However, since most of the games i like are open world rpg ish, Valhalla caught my attention since $45 on sale, i like the Vikings theme and tbh it looks rlly pretty.

    Soo, is it any different then Odyssey, should i go finish it before anything?

    submitted by /u/aldn3
    [link] [comments]

    Possible Solution to Fishing (Abilities Spoiler)

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 08:31 PM PST

    I find myself getting tired of fishing really fast so I'll just dive in and swing my axe under water hoping to kill something (which is always more efficient right now). So I was just thinking what if the Mark of Death ability could track fish. I originally thought it would work cause it seems plausible but I don't even think Mark of Death works on land animals when it really should.

    submitted by /u/DaTheta
    [link] [comments]

    If you were to make the ultimate ac game by taking the best aspects of any ac games and putting them all together into one video game, what would it be?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 02:44 PM PST

    Mine would be something like this:

    Ac unity parkour

    Valhalla combat, leveling system, and and weapon/armour system

    Origins open world design, graphics, resources system and bird companion

    Ac 1 stealth

    Odessy transmog system

    Pre-odessy dialogue, so no more dialogue choices

    I would also like the main character who is well fleshed out and interesting, no more blank slate characters like in odessy and valhalla

    submitted by /u/Thejulionic
    [link] [comments]

    Stealth should always be an option

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 11:03 AM PST

    One of the main reasons I liked the assassin's creed series was because they were stealth games. Creeping about, looking for a plan to take out a target used to be so much fun, but with the latest games in the series, this almost seems like an impossible thing to do.

    In my current playthrough of Valhalla, I'm at a point in the game where I'm hunting three targets. I had hoped this would be a chance for some stealth gameplay, unfortunately, this wasn't the case. Valhalla has only two main stealth mechanics, the hidden blade and the cloak, neither of which work or feel fulfilling. The hidden blade should be a quick clean kill that's not over the top, however, in Valhalla, it comes attached with an animation that often takes too long for what it should. Additionally, with the lack of an option to do dual takedowns at the same time, the blade almost feels pointless when paired with the positioning of guards.

    This is another reason why stealth is not a viable option anymore. Guards are often posted in groups of three or more, in front of doorways or in direct eyesight of distant enemies. This creates too many opportunities for stealth to go wrong as the player would risk getting spotted despite the order that they may tackle the situation in. So if killing the guards is not an option, you're left with using the cloak to walk past them. But then we run into the same issue again. To walk past on guard you have to walk close to another, which results in you being spotted, and often buildings are set up in a way so that the only way in is through the front door as other entrances are barred or inaccessible. Yet these entrances are once again guarded meaning the cloak is useless as you can't enter a building without being spotted.

    So far in Valhalla, I have not had a single stealth attempt go smoothly, this ruins the fun of the game as assassinations, pledge missions, and the like all whittle down to the exact same as raiding. Using a clunky, glitchy, and poorly executed combat mechanic to kill everyone in the area. Not even the targets feel any different, with me just taking down the Leech as if they were a normal enemy because I couldn't find a way into the building that wasn't the front door and ended up being detected as soon as I tried something different.

    This is a problem that mostly started in Odyessy, where stealth wasn't a viable option until very later game and once it was a viable option it whittled down to turning invisible and chain assigning seven people at once, which isn't fun either. Moving forward I would love to see a stealth option return, with tools such as smoke and cherry bombs, throwing darts, crossbows, and poison darts, which would offer a greater set of options for the player. It's a shame really because one of the major selling points of the series has once again been thrown out by the focus on combat and stylish animations which add little to the game in my opinion.

    submitted by /u/BowtiesandScarfs
    [link] [comments]

    ACV: How do you feel about the gear & bonus system?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 12:28 PM PST

    After Odyssey/Origins, things feel far too simplified and shallow. I don't mind that they got rid of the loot bloat of the past, but the way things are now feel really stagnant. I don't like how there are these massive gates being the ingot system. I've been maxed out at nickel for like 30+ hours now and wish that I could upgrade more in smaller increments rather than having the floodgates open once I start getting Gold ingots. Also the engraving system was awesome. Weapons could be much more personalized and completing milestones to unlock or better those engravings just made the whole experience much more wholesome. Even if I rotate weapons/play style it really doesn't change a thing (mostly due to the lack of level scaling).

    submitted by /u/acat20
    [link] [comments]

    Cool feature Ubisoft i love the Bethesda save system you got

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 07:12 PM PST

    Im up to the Templeborough mission and raided the fort. Spent fifteen minutes killing, collecting the dozen pieces of wealth there and found the queen (supposedly). Then i had to go chase the real queen who is a mile away on a rowboat so i get on my longship and my crew all piles in. For some reason though, not only did every enemy in the fort resoawn with crossbows, but my crew took a full forty seconds to sit down and pull out their oars, and by that time i was on a fraction of my health still with twenty guys shooting at us so no suprise I died. First death, and of course I then find out that AC Valhalla has Fallout levels of autosave because it didn't save after the wealth was collected, it didn't save once I hopped in my longship, it didn't save after the cutscene like the logical thing would be, it saved half a mile down the river before the raid and before i collected all the wealth. Now i have to spend 15 minutes doing the exact same thing and then either attempt to Michael Phelps my way down the river or try the longboat again and taste what seems like a medieval prototype of a machine gun coming from the rafters.

    Please just.... save more often Valhalla? Fifteen minutes of story content and side objectives and it doesnt save once? I did like 9 things that in any other game it would have autosaved by AC Valhalla decides to autosave me taking my ship down a river??

    I love this game tho, especially the stories on the Rygjafylke and Ledecestre arcs. Idk how the rest of the game is but this first 15 hours is amazing!

    submitted by /u/KrayzeeFrog
    [link] [comments]

    Plants and undergrowth disappear as I approach.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 03:11 PM PST

    Title says it all. Eivor is a circle of botany death. Raspberry plants turn to sticks. Shrubbery disappears. It makes stealth literally impossible cos I'm just a big, crouching, hairy Viking, sticking out from a non planty landscape. I can live with the other bugs, NPCs who won't speak to me, dialogue from previous quests still playing when I fast travel and always respawning drunk. This one is harder. It's like a weird halo around him that removes all the landscape. Has anyone else had this? It started after I visited Yule.

    submitted by /u/momosende
    [link] [comments]

    Ac valhalla "A wise friend" quest stuck please help

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 10:33 AM PST

    the quest where we help the woman go to her hut. she just stands near the hill. i tried everything. built her hut went to norway came back to england. she is still stuck there

    submitted by /u/TheGoodCoconut
    [link] [comments]

    Gameplay over the Years, the best Mechanics

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 11:47 AM PST

    Assassin's Creed is a great set of games, and I personally don't have one that I've strongly disliked so far. That being said, there are mechanics from games that I do dislike, and mechanics from older games that I miss and think should be brought back.

    Personally, I miss interrogating, pickpocketing, and scouting from the first game. They lasted a while, but I can't seem to recall newer games using them too much, if at all. I also miss kill hidden blade kills. It allowed my to feel like "a blade in the crowd", being able to stealthily kill an enemy while blending in with a crowd. I do like that Eivor can use the cloak at will, and the armor variants we've seen are nice, despite being an RPG element. I do wish some set bonuses would tie into the more social blending aspect though.

    But which mechanics do you miss from over the years? And which mechanics were added that were really good and benefited the series?

    submitted by /u/Anonymou5Legend
    [link] [comments]

    [Valhalla] I have an Assassin's symbol on the map, what is it for?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 04:31 PM PST

    I found a borough in Glouster, and now it has an Assassin symbol above it. The map legend doesn't include them. They haven't appeared for any of the other boroughs I've uncovered. Is this something significant?

    submitted by /u/KnivesOutSucks
    [link] [comments]

    Lowest Power to reach all skills?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 05:57 PM PST

    Lowest Power to reach all skills?

    I went for all the big skills first and got all with the power-level of 203.

    Then I was wondering if you can reach every big node with fewer. Maybe you guys found another path.

    https://preview.redd.it/vqd6obgfx0961.png?width=2030&format=png&auto=webp&s=1087559a54c0c579ce0b9af784422c2382b3a284

    submitted by /u/Kuemmelklaus
    [link] [comments]

    What is the name of the festival in sequence 5 of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 08:05 PM PST

    I am in the banker memories and i was wondering what the festival was about. You know, the one were they wear only red cloth over their loins and doctors masks. Please tell me.

    submitted by /u/DovahVoice
    [link] [comments]

    Need help finding a specific cave in Assassin's Creed Origins

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 11:36 PM PST

    In the quest The Scarab's Lies you follow Taharqa around town, killing bandits in a sandstorm. Then, you riding together to a nearby cave to kill the rest of the bandits.

    I need to get to that cave again and I can't find it. I'm pretty sure I checked all marked locations around Letopolis. Can anyone help me find that cave again?

    submitted by /u/NikIcon06
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment