• Breaking News

    Friday, January 1, 2021

    Assassin's Creed Fem!Eivor's voice actress is not as bad as you think.

    Assassin's Creed Fem!Eivor's voice actress is not as bad as you think.


    Fem!Eivor's voice actress is not as bad as you think.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 04:56 PM PST

    Cecilie Stenspil did a fantastic job with female!Eivor and I'm honestly a little sad that her voice is considered "bad". Her deep voice is perfect for the character and she delivers PERFECTLY Eivor's soft and/or funny remarks.

    submitted by /u/kveens
    [link] [comments]

    Transmog is confirmed but no ETA

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 07:09 AM PST

    A few weeks ago I decided to contact Ubi support and ask them if transmog is coming. They mentioned it before launch, but it's not in the game and as far as I have seen, they haven't mentioned it since. Here's their response.

    https://imgur.com/a/WejtFqn

    "Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Support.

    Allow me to apologize for the delay in our response.

    I understand that you have read in an article that players would be able to interchange the visuals of all armor and weapons they have obtained.

    We can confirm that this feature will be coming to Valhalla, however we do not have an ETA on when exactly it will be dropped.

    For more information on this, I would suggest keeping an eye on the Ubisoft forums:

    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/?lang=en-US

    For any additional questions, please contact us. We will be happy to help!"

    TLDR according to Ubisoft support transmog is coming but no ETA.

    submitted by /u/BEmuddle
    [link] [comments]

    What exactly is the Sword of Eden?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 07:23 PM PST

    What exactly is the Sword of Eden?

    In Assassins Creed Unity, there's a sword called the Sword of Eden that you get at the end of the game. Why does it shoot lightning? Some websites say it's technologically advanced but some say it's magic.

    A picture of the blade firing the lightning

    Why does it shoot lightning? I'm not clear on what this is. Is the sword supposed to be magically enchanted or just really advanced?

    https://preview.redd.it/0cqugn6a3n861.png?width=450&format=png&auto=webp&s=3c921862c48bbf31c9b42ee145bf5d4e52e8943c

    submitted by /u/Pink1diot
    [link] [comments]

    A lot of people disliked the Glowecestrescire arc because it’s “filler”, but man is it my favorite. SPOILERS for the Glowecestrescire Arc

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 06:15 PM PST

    A lot of people think the Glowecestrescire are is "filler", but man it's my favorite arc in the game

    I know a lot of people think the Glowecestrescire arc is "filler" but damn if it's not my favorite arc in the game

    First, the landscape of the region is absolutely stunning. I found myself just staring out of the Thieves Warren for minutes on end at the scenery. The large rolling hills are just stunning to look at.

    Second, the Celtic influence in the area was equally gorgeous. Just walking around to ancient burial mounds and ritual sites were just wonderful. And the story that involved Celtic culture like Samhain and the Druid was just so interesting, and it ended with racing through a Celtic ritual site to prevent a sacrifice. Also, all the twists made the story very fun.

    The Celtic culture made me really hyped to see the Wrath of the Druids DLC. Honestly, I kind of wish now that there would be a Celtic Assassin spin-off in France or something. I'd love to learn more about the Tuatha Dé Danann or Celtic Isu.

    A lot of people disliked this arc because it prolonged the story and felt like a distraction from the main quest, but I absolutely enjoyed it.

    submitted by /u/Velociraptor44
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla's story definitely suffers from too much fluff, but i gotta say i really enjoyed the meaningful stuff that was there [SPOILERS]

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 02:08 PM PST

    So we all know the story suffers from too much of the B plot of "gather alliances". i feel thats kind of the critical consensus at this point. and i completely agree. but the meaningful stuff that was there in the A plot and even the modern day stuff was actually pretty fantastic imo.

    i started out being a little meh on the game story wise. i didnt connect with eivor or any of the other side characters much at all at first. eivor came off as too monotone and not much of his own character with a personality for a while to me. it might be different with the female version. but this game more than most from my experience does a great job of slowly and gradually having the characters really grow on you ive found. by the end i found myself really loving eivor and sigurd and their connection with the world around them that was slowly revealed over time and how their stories played out. and how the plot turned what you kinda expected to happen on its head. "ah here are the assassins. ok i think i can see how the storys gonna go now. met the assassins and at some point ill become one." classic ac formula right? welp thats not at all how it goes.

    what they did with the isu stuff was also really neat and fresh and surprising. the hints that the asgardian characters kinda look like the characters in the "real" world, but the fact that thats actually kinda easy to miss. and then the slow build up to the reveal of juno, leading to the realization of "wait... this is real. my surroundings are a dream but whats actually happening is something that really happened" and showing how sages came to be. and also really cleverly bringing the over the top fantastical aesthetic that we know of norse lore and bringing it into the ac world in a smart way. the ygdrassil, the tree that connects all the realms and making sure they dont collapse is real. Its a real thing that is ACTUALLY running the world and making sure it doesnt fall apart. all the different races: Aesir, Jotuns, Vanir. all most likely different castes of isu. maybe even hybrids. Etc. it was just really smart how they did it i thought and made for a satisfying reveal of everything. how that ties into eivor and sigurds story is interesting as well. the fact that sigurd has his eyes opened to who he really is creates an interesting juxtaposition between us as the player and what we know is possible and true about the isu and how the world really work and what eivor believes to be true or not true about how the world works or should work.

    how the templars were handled again were also fantastic. the twists and turns of Aelfred going from bad to maybe good to oh no hes bad but oh hes bad but in a different and interesting way? they finally showed how the modern templar order that we know came to be and it was quite well done i thought.

    something else they did that i honestly didnt think would ever be possible again was making me actually kinda care about modern day again. i really never thought that would be possible. after juno was killed off in a comic, not even in a game, a long while back was when i honestly kinda just gave up caring about modern day and whats happening with it. and them introducing the layla character didnt help. but they actually managed to kill her off (thank god) in a meaningful and satisfying way. bringing back desmond (sorta) in a way that makes sense as well. it was super cool to be able to hear his voice again and know hes still been at it this whole time, and now hes got help. it was a good way of making us as the community (who we all kinda agree dislikes layla for the most part) happy by giving her an ending that goes along with desmond's. this also makes way for a much more interesting character of Basim. someone who is a giant wildcard. there are so many ways the story can go now with him at the forefront and there is just no telling what hell do. will he decide to be a good guy, a bad guy, and antihero? who knows. now the way he was brought back i had some qualms with. like i didnt think the staff could bring back the dead, unless the ygdrassil was actually somehow keeping him slightly alive for literally thousands of years maybe? and i thought whoever was using the staff who was long past their time for death needed to keep holding onto it in order to stay alive, as in odyssey the ppl who were holding it for lifetimes and then let go immediately died. but maybe that was retconned in the odyssey dlcs? i didnt play them so any further explanation of how all that works would be nice.

    but anyway yea i just quite liked what was done with the important stuff of the game and i hope they can keep it up with further entries. and maybe next time they do it within an assassin focused story in a big city setting within a brand new era of assassins creed. i look forward to the future

    submitted by /u/Babo__
    [link] [comments]

    Skal to this true drengr!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 09:19 AM PST

    I had just slain a zealot, and before I could confirm the kill, this brave soldier challenged me to holmgang. I was not prepared for the fury in this man's heart.

    https://youtu.be/fh9q2hhiAXY

    submitted by /u/iareprogrammer
    [link] [comments]

    Have drinking contests been fixed?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 09:06 PM PST

    I watched some guide videos that mentioned repeatedly beating npcs at drinking contests, but when I return to previous drinking contests, the betting isn't available. Can you only bet once at each contest?

    submitted by /u/Any_Wrongdoer_3666
    [link] [comments]

    Dizzy effect after load screens/dying in Valhalla

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 05:11 PM PST

    I find it really annoying that if you die when the game loads again the screen is woozy and Eivor moves like he's drunk. This also happens randomly after big load screens from cutscenes. Especially because if you're just clearing Mysteries and all of a sudden happen upon a boss fight with only one ration and half of your health gone. Just so tedious to have to stumble around and find food to get the screen to back to normal. You should be able to disable it imo but I didn't see it in the options.

    submitted by /u/ripcobain
    [link] [comments]

    AC Valhalla is great but...that "ending"? (Heavy spoilers, btw!!)

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 08:57 AM PST

    Was anyone else extremely underwhelmed by Valhalla's ending? I kept looking all over for the next mission but it just ended with me going back into the animus as Basim. I thought "Damn, cool twist. Now something crazy, impactful will happen" but nope. That's it. It's completely anticlimactic.

    Anyone else had that experience? Or did I miss something? The game is heavily bug-plagued so it might also be a bug that prevents me from accessing the rest of the story.

    submitted by /u/VanDraugr
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILERS] so what's up with Vinland?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 03:33 PM PST

    why is Eivor's corpse there? i've exhausted all of the currently available content and i spent a little bit running around Vinland trying to find clues as to why Eivor may have died there and the only thing of interest is that cave entrance in Narfljot that Kjotvesson was sniffing around before i gutted his ass. it doesn't really look much like the modern-day terrain where Eivor's final resting place was though.

    submitted by /u/Anomalocaria
    [link] [comments]

    Does Valhalla get any better as it goes on?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 06:09 PM PST

    I'm a huge AC fan and have been since the second game. I started off loving Valhalla and thinking the story and modern day were the best I had seen in awhile. That was when I was still at the beginning of the game and just spent some time in England. After completing the first arc and moving to the second I have to say my view of the game has soured significantly. I just don't like how Viking politics become essentially the sole focus of the story and how it loses the more focused narrative of its initial few hours. Frankly, I felt like earlier ACs did a better job incorporating history into a focused narrative but Odyssey and Valhalla are too bloated it seems for their own good. I am hearing from AC fans that the game does some exciting things lore wise so maybe I should stick with it but I am finding myself bored to be perfectly honest. How do other AC fans feel about this one?

    submitted by /u/ElectronicAddress424
    [link] [comments]

    Lack of robe physics in Valhalla

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 08:46 AM PST

    I just got the game last week and I've always liked the style of longer robes so I got the Valkyrie outfit only to realize the robes just stick to my legs... This has never been a problem since the old AC games and it's extremely disappointing.

    submitted by /u/ThessaOdai
    [link] [comments]

    This is the kind of cinematic parkour(like Black Flag) sequences I want from an AC game.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 09:57 PM PST

    I just got this video randomly recommended and damn that was satisfying, yet sad at the same time.

    I recently made a post about how I wanted parkour like smooth like Unity and with player agency like AC 2 (with vaults as in AC 1). I think I forgot some points in that post, first of all with the combination I mentioned above we should add the responsiveness of newer games. Then I think should have also added a cinematic parkour sequences like in Black Flag.

    So this is the video I saw: Here

    You can see the setup and level design made specifically for this sequence. See those little touches which they did to make this parkour sequence a cinematic type.

    I mean these little things at:

    1. (0:05)- someone shooting canons and the water ripples

    2. (0:25)- making the scene serious by using that explosion.

    3. (0:36)- making the scene more serious and dangerous adding immersion using the crocodile.

    4. (0:56)- bringing in that crate to make the soldiers feel alive and serious about the situation.

    5. Another mention is that there are soldiers everywhere, chasing you and shouting.

    This not just one cinematic parkour sequence in Black Flag there are many others. For example, the parkour sequence, from the island to the the Jackdaw, in Blackbeard's retirement party.

    There is yet another one in AC Brotherhood too when, Monterrogini Villa was attacked by Cesare Borgia.

    Also I will say that this one of those sequences in Black Flag which made it my favorite AC. The music hits so hard. The dialogue writing and the acting damn, now that's amazing. Blackbeard is one of the most well written characters in AC franchise.

    submitted by /u/Ritesh_Mishra
    [link] [comments]

    Ubisoft should bring back the option for horse relative direction control, or have I just not figured out where to find it?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 07:58 PM PST

    In Odyssey, you could change the horse controls to be horse relative instead of camera relative. I still can't get used to camera relative, I am not a fan.

    submitted by /u/iridesbikes
    [link] [comments]

    Do Locations / caves fully reset?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 05:34 PM PST

    I've managed to drag the block of rocks onto something that means it is stuck and won't move (This is in Odins Mine Hideout) essentially meaning I cannot drag it to where it needs to go for me to get the wealth that is there.

    I've also not fully appreciated the issue and carried on for about 30 hours and now its the only thing in the way of me completing every region.

    As such wondering if those dragable/moveable blocks ever reset or if I'm f**cked?!

    submitted by /u/rttb136
    [link] [comments]

    What are the best Assassin's Creed games?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 11:03 PM PST

    The Xbox store got a huge sale and a lot of Assassin's Creed games are on sale by a lot. I am leaning towards some of the newer games in the franchise.

    submitted by /u/FalloutBoi123
    [link] [comments]

    What is male Eivors full name?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 12:13 PM PST

    I'm aware for the female it's Eivor Varinsdottir as in daughter of varin but I couldn't find the males. I imagine it wouldn't be Varinsdottir as I feel like that doesn't make sense. Would it be Eivor Rostasson? Varinsson?

    Asking purely out of curiosity.

    submitted by /u/SquirrelKing12
    [link] [comments]

    AC Brotherhood Climax/Ending

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 05:29 PM PST

    So I just finished AC Brotherhood, I played AC2 and Revelations near their release times but for some reason never got around to Brotherhood.

    I just got Ezio collection which I am going through right now (finished AC2 and Broterhood so far).

    I was pretty let down by the game's climax (sequence 8 and 9). The game starts so, so strong with the Siege of Monteriggioni and the building up of Cesare the rest of the Borgias. The gameplay is significantly better than AC2 and I enjoyed a lot of the side activities. The middle of the game is also cool and gives the feeling of a buildup as you systematically take back parts of the city. But it falls completely flat in the last 2 sequences. It's literally a random scene where Claudia gets initiated, stealing the Apple, and then walking around and killing Cesare's soldiers before the game just teleports you to Viana four years in the future. I guess this is what AC2 probably felt like before the Battle of Forli and Bonfire of the Vanities was added, but I still feel pretty disappointed given I'd never played Brotherhood and was expecting like 3-4 more sequences after 7. Does anyone know if Ubisoft actually had to rush the last few sequences?

    Oh well, on to replay Revelations, which I thought had much better pacing in the main story.

    submitted by /u/CinematicFlash
    [link] [comments]

    (Valhalla) Can someone explain main hand shield to me?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 04:10 PM PST

    So I've been experimenting with different weapon combos in Valhalla. Since shield is a defensive "weapon," I assumed main hand shield would be some uber tanky defense build, but... it's not? In fact main hand shield doesn't seem to have any defensive utility at all. It seems to function more or less like any other weapon. Which is fine, I guess, but it's just not what I was expecting.

    Am I missing something? What's the strength of using a shield in your main hand as opposed to any other weapon?

    submitted by /u/Llancarfan
    [link] [comments]

    I think the gripe about eivors character development is mostly related to the stage of assassins creed as a franchise (Spoilers)

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 11:05 PM PST

    Eivor not joining the hidden ones is a common complaint and while I think it's fair I don't necessarily agree with it on the basis that we shouldn't blame the team for wanting a non traditional story. If every game had us joining the hidden ones and viewing the order from the perspective of the inside it could get stale. The problem is that its bean 6 years since we've actually played through that arc. If a story like valhalla released after unity I guarantee you it would have bean adored but its bean so long since we've gone through the typical assassins creed tropes and I think many are justified in wanting that story back. Viewing the hidden ones from the outside or introducing them late in the game or not even fucking having them is getting tiring, I want a game where we spend the majority of it as an assassin, not just a killer but a member of the brotherhood.

    submitted by /u/broji04
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to get rid of markers everywhere on the in game hud? Ac Valhalla

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 10:46 PM PST

    Brought the complete map pack is there anyway to take out in game markers everywhere on the hud?

    Don't care about everything being revealed on the map but in game there's markers everywhere ruining the views any ideas? And can I reverse the the pack purchase?

    submitted by /u/AD-V1CE
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment