• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 10, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Can we increase the speed of horses going up hills?

    Assassin's Creed Can we increase the speed of horses going up hills?


    Can we increase the speed of horses going up hills?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 06:52 AM PST

    It's literally faster to run up a hill then use a horse. They just have a slow crawl. The point of me using my horse is to get places faster but as soon as I get on a hill my horse moves at unbearable speeds.

    submitted by /u/PauliFrom
    [link] [comments]

    (SPOILER) Good news for the upcoming DLCs!

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 06:54 PM PST

    (SPOILERS) Concerning the DLC's.....

    During the mission: Impaling the Seax.... After you eliminate The Seax, obtain the key and head into the bowels of the Temple of Mithras, there's a letter titled 'Faded Decree' At the end of the letter it reads: "Through embattled, our sects in FRANCIA and IRELAND stand ready for our glorious return." So we can pretty much say the DLC content will definitely contain more OoTA members to hunt down and eliminate!

    submitted by /u/Ignis_Sum
    [link] [comments]

    Ubisoft congratulates Cd Projekt on the release of Cyberpunk 2077

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 03:40 PM PST

    This is my drawing of Edward Kenway from last year, how do you like it?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 08:11 AM PST

    Is the Arab version of Valhalla censored?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 11:10 PM PST

    I made a big mistake buying arab ver of odyssey, the game was heavily censored with dialogue options and animations taken out, is it the same for Valhalla? or should i try to import it from the UK.

    submitted by /u/xXKiller_BotXx
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Valhalla Compelete Unreleased Soundtrack

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 07:02 PM PST

    Here is the entire Assassin's Creed Valhalla Unreleased music with Timestamps

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78MwBJyG2T4

    Here are 7 hours of unreleased music from Assassin's Creed Valhalla by none other than Jesper THE GOD Kyd and Sarah Schachner.

    Unfortunately there was no way to differntiate Kyd's tracks from Sarah's but if you listen to a lot of Jesper Kyd music you'll be able to tell which tracks are his for sure, his style is just so damn distinct.
    Note: Check the description of the video for hiqher quality.

    submitted by /u/Crystalspire96
    [link] [comments]

    The new armor sets look ridiculous

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 06:40 AM PST

    I'm really hoping they'd already worked on this before launch, as all the feedback post launch has been wanting more realistic armor sets. Why on earth would I want hellboy armor. There should be more viking style armor sets, maybe even some sleeveless ones so you can actually see some tattoo's. All of the armor sets cover the tattoo's atm which are actually great, just makes them a bit redundant.

    submitted by /u/ljev21
    [link] [comments]

    There are 9 Armor Sets in the Base Game and Ubisoft adds new sets for ~20€

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 02:29 AM PST

    There are 9 Armor Sets in the Base Game and Ubisoft adds new sets for ~20€

    So this is going to be my annual Helix store rant. We have 9 Armor Sets in the base game, excluding Ultimate Edition, Helix Store, and Twitch Prime. One of them is only available at the very end. The change appearance feature is missing as well. So for real. 8 Sets over the course of the game.

    And now after people have spent 60/90/120 Euro for the game Ubisoft has the audacity to add additional sets for over TWENTY €!

    Do I think the Helix store is a cashgrab? yes. Have I bought credits in the past two games. yes too. But there I had an abundance of armor sets during the whole game. In Valhalla the choice is incredibly small, but they continue selling the sets nevertheless. Same counts for settlement items. After 100 hours of gameplay I have found 6 tree decorations and 9 sails for the longship. Yet if you want the complete Hel set youll have to spend over 30€ on these items.

    So please ubisoft. Instead of releasing ridiculous sets for ridiculous money, solve the issue and give your players who just spent a shitload of money on your game the customization options they deserve. Free realistic AND fantasy DLC armors and weapons. Until then, I will certainly not spent a penny on the Helix store.

    https://preview.redd.it/1jjzihc305461.jpg?width=3820&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=0ef24d9c8bf5c5f0d409ba327ec4b71280ab15fa

    submitted by /u/Andur22
    [link] [comments]

    AC Valhalla infinite money exploit.

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 01:07 PM PST

    I'm not sure if people have already found this but I gave a homeless man in Donecaestre 5 coins and he gave me a rune that I could sell for 58 coins. Any time I walked out from under the bridge he would reset and I could get another rune.

    submitted by /u/ProfessionalNutter69
    [link] [comments]

    Horses Mostly Suck in Valhalla

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 11:58 PM PST

    A to B they're fine, mostly, forget those "encounters" with wild life/random soldiers. I'm sure it's intended. Same for slow swim speeds, it makes sense.

    But trying to jump off a half foot ledge? Pfft not today. Nothing better than the stutter step hit the right spot -poof- now you're down.

    Not to mention the slow crawl up a hill. Not a mountain. Not a cliff. A hill. Who actually designed that as a good mechanic? I can run up faster. Not even gonna get into climbing a hill. Resistance would make sense in climbing, but invisible brick walls? Okay.

    Sorry for the rant. Finding myself annoyed at small mechanics after over 70 hours of play. Still enjoying the game beyond those small quips. Just wondering if anyone else tears their hair out at the small frustrations. SKÁL!

    submitted by /u/RhaegonMayhem
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite Easter Egg From Valhalla [SPOILER]

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 01:05 PM PST

    Only a minor spoiler. What is your favorite easter from Valhalla? Mine is the Prodigy side quest. I found it hilarious when the singer started yelling "Smack my bishop". I immediately had to listen to the song to get it out of my head.

    submitted by /u/tj260000
    [link] [comments]

    That feeling when you kill one of the 1 legendary wolves, run out of rations, exit, then realize that it comes back to life if you leave.

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 04:39 PM PST

    Yeah, I get it, sort of makes sense... but I guess that's one side-quest I won't be finishing! (Not because it's impossible, just because it takes forever to kill them -- sorry, I love this game, but yeah... I'm not doing that twice, Ubi, LOL.)

    submitted by /u/mcapello
    [link] [comments]

    After more than 100 hours playing, I can't understand why the hood goes down during combat

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 09:13 AM PST

    Who thought this was a good idea? There isn't even an animation for it, it just goes down and it looks awful. Why can't I fight with hood on if I want to? There is a hood toggle for a reason!

    I honestly can't comprehend these decisions made by Ubisoft

    submitted by /u/Gonzito3420
    [link] [comments]

    For real, why is this game hellbent on me having my hood down. Almost every action that isn’t walking pulls my hood down. For an AC game that’s trying to be an RPG, it really doesn’t want my to choose what I want

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 07:46 AM PST

    I'm annoyed I have to fight so hard to have a hood up in an Assassin's Creed game. It's one thing to toggle it, but to mandatorily take it off for combat, even when the animations work with the hood up is insane to me.

    Plus the camera view is so much better with the hood up. It's so far back I feel like I'm looking in on a character, not playing them.

    I know it's been posted before but I really hope Ubisoft is seeing this and changing it soon

    submitted by /u/Trankman
    [link] [comments]

    I finally played AC3, and it's better than I imagined

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 09:16 AM PST

    So a week ago I was thinking of playing an older game when I realized that I hadn't actually played AC3 yet (which is weird because I'm a huge fan of the series and had played everything except Valhalla). Anyway, here are my thoughts:

    1. I absolutely love the combat. It's just so brutal and satisfying, and is definitely my favorite out of all the others. Connor is a beast.
    2. The parkour is also excellent here, it feels smoother than the other games, and I'd even say it's as good as Unity's.
    3. The story was a hit or miss for me, because for some reason I couldn't really feel as attached to Connor and Haytham as I did for Ezio, Edward, or Bayek.
    4. The world is actually so well built, I really loved just dashing between trees in the Frontier, especially with the great parkour. Despite its size, I never felt like fast traveling just because of the fluidity of jumping from tree to tree.
    5. Playing this after Black Flag and Rogue, I genuinely disliked the ship navigation and combat. I know it's unfair since it was the first time they did something of that magnitude, but still.

    Overall, it was a very satisfying conclusion to Desmond's story, and I still can't believe I hadn't played it before. I feel as though a mix of brutal combat like AC3, a great story like AC2, set in a huge city like Delhi and the lower Himalayas would quite literally be the perfect Assassin's Creed.

    Playing this really made me realize how much I miss the old games. I'll go and play Brotherhood now :(

    submitted by /u/shrey_walia
    [link] [comments]

    AC Valhalla is the best One Punch Man game I've played [Spoiler]

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 11:59 AM PST

    Near the endgame when you reach the Hall of the Slain with Sigurd you can oneshot enemies.

    If you unequip your weapons there, you could punch people's heads straight off,

    Parry their attack and watch their arms tear off,

    and freaking dropkick them and they'll explode into pieces.

    submitted by /u/pistatic
    [link] [comments]

    What do you guys think of the RPG route AC has gone to?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 03:57 AM PST

    Personally, I prefer the older games, but I truly believe that Valhalla did the best with what they have. I would like if the next game reverted back from the RPG genre, but what do you guys think? I think unity strikes a very good balance between some elements of RPGs like the skill trees, while at the same time conserving the older game's style.

    Do you prefer assassin's creed as an RPG or not

    submitted by /u/ElonTheRocketEngine
    [link] [comments]

    To me, Valhalla feels just as 'fantasy' (if not more) as Odyssey was.

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 10:16 AM PST

    Hear me out, because I know that title can be a bit perplexing at first. I mean, in Odyssey, you fight with an Isu blade that gives you superpowers, fight several mythological creatures, and the Isu's portrayal was switched strongly to fantasy, from the original sci-fi. And yet, yes, I feel like Valhalla is again, just as, if not more fantasy.

    First of all, fantasy/ahistorical enemies and combat: they're aplenty, just as they were in Odyssey. From storm summoning ghosts (Daughters of Lerion), to various outrageous looking 'legendary' animals, to giant enemies, flame throwers, poison grenades, actual grenades, anti-personnel mines, throwing harpoons in enemies, booby-traps on dead bodies, and these are just from the top of my head. And ofcourse, the Asgard plotline, which even though I personally enjoy and think it's well done, it's still there, and adds up into the 'fantasy' element of the game.

    Visuals: This is probably the biggest reason for this post. From the get-go, Vikings are your Hollywood cliche, fur-wearing barbariansTM filled with tattoos way too complicated (ironically, for barbarians) clothes. For Christ's sake, there is legit a mammoth's skull at Halfdan's fort, in the north side of the map. It's a fort you visit in the later part of the story, and the skull is above an entranceway you can't miss it.

    England itself, is... Look, I've never been to England, but I can't help but feel like the map here is very stylized. Origins and Odyssey went for a really detailed portrayal of their worlds, and even though both had their fair share of artistic liberties, I feel like Valhalla's map is the most 'fairy tale' map in the whole AC franchise. And every once in a while you encounter these demonic areas, that are never properly explained or developed, and you have to shoot the cursed skull.

    NPCs... yeesh. Other than Vikings, you have bandits wearing animal skulls as helmets, a lot of Dragon Age looking armors, priests whose attire looks more like fantasy mages. Everything on the visual side is so overly-designed and stylized, and don't even get me started on the (barely any) player outfits in the game, they almost exclusively look ridiculous. And they do exclusively look ridiculous once you upgrade them.

    Portrayal: Maybe a history expert could correct me on this, or add even more light on it, but I feel like while other ACs tried to give the player a 'slice of life' from the place and era they were set in, Valhalla just want's to be a diorama of Britain's whole history. Like, oh, guys look, we have Vikings, obviously, and, and, and here are the Saxons, how crazy is that?! And yo, check out all the Roman stuff! And here is a Celtic village, celebrating in a way that there is no actual historical evidence from, and yo, a Welsh king?! That's insane! And here are the Picts, with blue warpaint, at Hadrian's Wall, which is right near York, and here are castles, and... you're not gonna believe this: Ex-fucking-calibur! And there's some Scottish architecture, and a Robin Hood sidequest, and there's even a voyage to America!

    I feel like they try to show everything from every era at once, but since 9th century England isn't my area of expertise I won't really go into further detail. Odyssey was just... Greece. Classical Greece, and that was it. The Isu structures popping out every once in a while and (heavily botched portrayal of) Persians were the only other thing. And they looked alright. Again, they had their artistic liberties, but it looked more grounded in realism than Valhalla, in my opinion, by a large margin.

    There are some other things that make me feel like this. The scope of the story feels a bit too big, for starters. Bayek was just a sheriff out for revenge who got swept into something way bigger than what he bargained for. Alexios was just an exiled upper-class Spartan that, again, got pulled into something way bigger than what he was comfortable with. Eivor pretty much conquered England. Sure, his puppets have official lords and their duties, but off the record, they answer to him.

    TL,DR: Valhalla is just as much fantasy as Odyssey, and to me personally, there are ways in which it's even more so. The only really good thing was reverting the Isu back to sci-fi.

    submitted by /u/TheSerpentLord
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoiler] I'm finally excited about the modern day story again and interested to see where it is going

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 08:17 AM PST

    The way the modern day stories of Origins and Odyssey finally have some logical purpose is great. After finishing the animus anomalies and piecing together the whole story of Eivor, Sigurd and Basim, I think the modern day story is finally at an interesting place again. I assume this story is continued in the DLC's however I hope they don't include too many important plot points in there and focus more on Eivors story of becoming a member of the Hidden Ones.

    It would be great to continue the modern day story in the next game since Basim is such an intersting character. He seems to be genuinly interested in the goals of the assassins however there of course is a lot more to his story concerning the Staff. Do you think this story will continue in the next game? Or will Ubisoft start to neglect the overarching narrative again in the next installments and finish the story in some comic?

    submitted by /u/jaspervl23
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILER] A Completely Wasted Supporting Character

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 12:34 AM PST

    Dag. It seemed like he would be interesting. When we first meet him at the beginning, he seems like a passive-aggressive twerp but could mature in the story along Sigurd and Eivor. I have many many many MANY problems with how they handled Sigurd, but I think Dag was treated far worse. Instead of being a good character and foil to Eivor, he starts at loyal and then as SOON as you do something Sigurd should have to as Jarl he basically says you're trying to steal the crown despite Sigurd literally ordering him to listen to Eivor.

    It's a huge problem because there aren't any options to speak with Dag through the entire game. No chances to try and explain your side or hear his. I understand they had to make some drama and have his fight as one of the Sigurd choices, but the writing for him is terrible. Literally the moment you do something reserved for the jarl, even though Sigurd basically made Eivor acting jarl in his absence, Dag starts screaming "I SEE WHAT YOU TRULY ARE WOLF-KISSED!" They could have given, like I said before, options to speak with him, and they even could have done something to where throughout those conversations you can pick up subtle clues that he's actually trying to be jarl himself but he's a coward. Maybe have a journal you can find talking about how he hates Eivor and that he would be better fit to lead in Sigurd's absence. Before you start, the vikings were not pre-literate, they just put more emphasis on verbal tradition.

    Tl;dr Dag could have been a great foil trying to claim glory for himself but he just a whiny man-child.

    submitted by /u/Icy_Carpenter2975
    [link] [comments]

    How would you guys feel about a Shao-Jun trilogy?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 04:33 AM PST

    Don't get me wrong, I really like Origins and Valhalla (not so much Odyssey but that's besides the point), but I really do think that why we loved ezio so much was because they had time to flesh him out with an actual trilogy.

    I personally think they need to go back to making more than just 1 game with a character. And they also have to go back to being an actual assassin.

    Now, I have been thinking about how cool it would be to get an actual game with Shao-Jun, that could be picking up right where Embers finishes, and we could see ezio again one last time in the start of the game. I don't know where it would go after that, but how awesome would it be for the game to have old assassins creed elements back, and have a trilogy with a character like Shao-Jun

    submitted by /u/ElonTheRocketEngine
    [link] [comments]

    What would y'all say is the most emotional ending?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 12:24 AM PST

    It doesn't necessarily have to be inmpactful story wise but just emotional, personally My ranking is revelations with black flag being a runner up though I haven't played it in a few years

    submitted by /u/donk2005
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment