• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 24, 2020

    Assassin's Creed As someone who has played almost all the games I love Valhalla

    Assassin's Creed As someone who has played almost all the games I love Valhalla


    As someone who has played almost all the games I love Valhalla

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 06:15 AM PST

    I'll try and keep it vague, it feels more refined than odyssey was. It has like a mash of my favorite things from older games (upgrading settlements, armor, longboats, the crew) I love the customization and it reminds me of 2 (I think it was that one where you could upgrade shops) and unity in that aspect. The story is actually pretty good, Evior is badass and I think them scaling it down from odyssey really helped. All in all it's one of my favorites beside rogue and black flag. Good job 👏

    submitted by /u/AnakinSandwalker22
    [link] [comments]

    I think I’ve finally figured out why I’ve not enjoyed the last few games as much

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 12:43 PM PST

    They're just too big. They have gone for simply huge maps packed with filler. Quantity over quality.

    I think that's my biggest gripe with the new AC games. They're not actually bad games at all. Like the stories and characters generally seem pretty decent. So is the gameplay on the whole. They just pack it out with so much crap and make it way too big. Like you spend half your time in Valhalla just trecking between map markers. And it's not like old AC games where the cool parkour keeps you distracted, cause you're literally just running through fields or tediously swimming/long boating.

    I miss the days of AC2 or Brotherhood. In dense cities which, if you wanted to you could run the length of it pretty quickly. I've played every single AC game, on launch. And I feel like I'm getting more disappointed each year that this point.

    I dunno, maybe I'm just getting old and boring now. But the games feel like they've really lost their magic in recent years and I think this could be why.

    submitted by /u/superslug6
    [link] [comments]

    Ezios Legacy outfit in valhalla

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 04:36 PM PST

    As much as I love Ezios master assassin outfit from brotherhood I think his outfit from revelations should be in the game it looks like it would fit better with the game with the armor on his right shoulder and the fur on the other.

    submitted by /u/80zVoid
    [link] [comments]

    Another Eivor cosplay by me (IG: katelannblogs). Hope you like it! Ph: freiheit_ph (IG)

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 02:51 AM PST

    Pleasantly surprised by Assassins Creed: Origins

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 08:33 PM PST

    The only other Assassins Creed game I ever owned was the third one back when it came out and I remember really hating it. I did not see what the fuss about the franchise was at all. In fact I pretty much wrote off most open world games of that era but later games like Breath of the Wild, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Red Read Redemption changed my opinion.

    I picked this up at a sale and I really like it! Yeah it does still feel like it has that filler material that annoys me about the genre so much, but the setting is awesome and its a lot less buggy than the third one.

    Are all the newer Assassins Creeds like this?

    submitted by /u/LustyGurl
    [link] [comments]

    I lowkey hate the Yule Festival

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 08:53 PM PST

    Don't get me wrong, its awesome seeing so many more people in Ravensthorpe and the activities are a lot of fun, but the whole festival (and the entire season of winter) just randomly appeared after I went home after an arc, and then winter just goes away as soon as I go anywhere else making it feel like some trippy snowglobe.

    That would have been annoying on it's own but the fact that the entire "winterization" of Ravensthorpe looks like a shitty 1 star ENB for Whiterun in Skyrim really hammers it home. There's patches of totally green grass in fields of snow, there's flowers and tallgrass growing out of snow. It looks like someone just painted over it in an afternoon.

    submitted by /u/zelmak
    [link] [comments]

    New to the Creed games, so far, I'm enjoying myself!

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 06:25 PM PST

    I decided to start with Syndicate, because it's my friends favorite and I've always liked the time period of the Industrial Revolution. I'm thinking of grabbing Unity next, because the French Revolution is another period of time I enjoy. Any tips/recommendations for a noob?

    submitted by /u/Redhawkfour4
    [link] [comments]

    What do you guys think of Valhalla? I just started it and so far I think it’s better than I expected.

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 10:34 AM PST

    I liked playing AC Odyssey but it felt like I wasn't playing an Assassins Creed game, not saying that's a bad thing. Valhalla so far is giving me Assassins Creed and AC 2 vibes here and there. Please don't spoil anything for me I'm only at the part where I got to England

    submitted by /u/guccimanecares
    [link] [comments]

    Could I get a lot out of Valhalla just hunting, fishing, and exploring?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 08:35 AM PST

    When I pick up an open world game, I like to spend a good 40-50 initial hours doing my own thing — in other words, totally avoiding/ignoring the story, and just living.

    I find it relaxing and immersive. It's how I played Origins, Skyrim, RDR2, HZD, many others.

    Is there enough hunting, fishing, and exploring in this game to do that? Or other similar non-quest activities?

    I'd do the story eventually. But I create my own destiny. Destiny is all.

    submitted by /u/Tumnus-7
    [link] [comments]

    Let’s talk about A Leather Strip

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 11:31 AM PST

    Found inside Magister Vitus's unmarked Assassin tomb, hidden in a well-bottom at a nondescript location in Cent, centered equilaterally north between Dover Pharos and Dover Fortress, covered with both a wooden barrier and a barrier that requires explosives to open, there Magister Vitus was laid to rest, along with this cryptic message, written in a single vertical line, decoded step-by-step below. A video seen here explains the coded message in question, but I haven't seen anyone online mention a significant finding I'll get to at the end:

    Original Text (Horizontal)

    MLMAOENSADQMVVACIXANIMOMVSA SDCLOVIMLBIPENANE-TNVETIR-TIAVLTS

    The encryption works by coding the letters' correct sequence in this "skip two" cipher order, then putting those pieces together as follows: Regular Bold Italic

    M L M A O E N S A D Q M V V A C I X A N I M O M V S A S D C L O V I M L B I P E N A N E - T N V E T I R - T I A V L T S

    Group and order characters in sets like so

    MANDVCAMVSLIBENTERIL

    LOSQVINOSDOMINENT-AT

    MEAMAXIMACVLPA-VITVS

    Decoded Latin

    MANDVCAMVS LIBENTER ILLOS QVI NOS DOMINENT - AT MEA MAXIMA CVLPA - VITVS

    Translated Latin (English Haiku)

    We will willingly

    eat those who are dominant

    But I've failed - Vitus

    I love this, a fitting hidden end to a 5th Century Hidden One, and a coded message in Latin to boot! I've seen that video try to explain the encryption and translation, but I haven't seen anyone figure out that it's meant to be a haiku in English when translated correctly! Am I the first? That'd be neat!

    submitted by /u/IMHOZen1
    [link] [comments]

    NG+ I’d say at this point I’m ready for new game plus.

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 04:07 PM PST

    Odyssey was nice cuz the cult was huge, and the were so many islands not apart of the main story to still explore. But honestly I just wanna experience it all again!! Preferably I'd wanna see the story of Eivor and the hidden ones continue but that's not happening until spring and summer so again I ask, NG+????

    submitted by /u/Speneyj
    [link] [comments]

    I like the new games a bit more.

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 04:22 PM PST

    I love the older games specifically Brotherhood and Black Flag. However, the gameplay sucks it's just parry then hit. The new games have a decent story and great gameplay compared to the bland gameplay and godly story of the older ones. That's it thanks for listening. :)

    submitted by /u/stefanskanoodle
    [link] [comments]

    So... does anyone know what happened to the employee who claimed Valhalla wouldn’t be “the longest or biggest in the series”?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 11:51 PM PST

    Yule Event - 30ish dead bodies (not by my hand) and 2 murderers.... What the hell is going on with this event?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 11:39 PM PST

    Title says it all. I keep finding people attacking and killing random guests. Didn't start happening until I did the archery mini game.

    Now I'm constantly loading in game drunk, and trying to make sure people aren't slaughtering each other.

    What the hell?!

    Edit to add: they're all surrounding the bonfire.

    submitted by /u/funkfunktunktunk
    [link] [comments]

    Every armor and weapon to gold tier?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 02:06 PM PST

    Is it possible to farm enough resources to upgrade every piece of armor and every weapon in the base game to gold tier? I have everything to silver because you can buy ingots but can you get enough tungsten from around the map?

    submitted by /u/BaconKing357
    [link] [comments]

    [spoiler] mixed feelings about valhallas ending

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 10:27 AM PST

    Not really digging the ending for this game, at first I didn't know what was the ending, since Basim ressurecting feels so odd and not really finished ? Waiting to talk to the grandmaster yet that never comes. One of my favourite questions was how did Eivor die, and why he is burried in America, what legacy did he left behind etc But then again, with two more dlcs on horizon I hope we will be able to see what exactly happens to Eivor. The Ireland stuff and Paris must've been cut content that didn't make it to the game on time so it would make sense. Did anyone else felt disappointed with the ending ?

    submitted by /u/Lilarded
    [link] [comments]

    The Beginning of AC Valhalla

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 07:14 PM PST

    Hi! So I just picked up AC Valhalla 2 days ago during the PlayStation Holiday Sale and had just started playing yesterday and I'm loving it so far. I've only recently got to Fornburg and stopped there.

    My question is, do you guys have any useful tips on starting the game? Like, what should I do first before going through the campaign and so on?

    I'd really appreciate all the help :)

    submitted by /u/FluffyJoe_
    [link] [comments]

    I am craving for more content

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 04:31 AM PST

    I loved my experience with Valhalla and I have finished all the content. I really wish we could get the expansions sooner

    Am I the only one craving for more Assassins Creed content?

    submitted by /u/Gonzito3420
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers] Valhalla Endgame Story Questions and Theories

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 03:00 PM PST

    Another spoiler warning, do not read further if you haven't finished the game, Asgard arc and Animus anomalies. I'm gonna spoile tag the text, to be extra safe. Do not read if you haven't finished the game.

    Okay, here goes... so, we know that Asgard and Jotunheim arcs show us actual events from Isu era, we just see them through the lense of Norse culture, because that is what Eivor knows. The ending cinematic of Asgard arc and the full video we get from Animus Anomalies is the proof of that.

    So, my question is, what are your theories on Fenrir? Loki's son... who or what will he actually turn out to be? Cause it's not gonna be a giant wolf. My first idea was that maybe Fenrir was a metaphor for humanity, but I'm not so sure about it... if it really is a son of Loki and Alethia then he would be another Isu and not a human, right? But then... Loki bounding Odin would kinda work with Isu "locking" away humanity's sixth sense, blocking their true potential. Fenrir growing ever larger and stronger, how does that translate into the real version of the events?

    We know that Loki/Basim plans to find his children and bring his family back together, who or what will be Loki's other children. Hel and Jörmungandr, is Basim/Loki aims to find them then we at least know that they must be still out there. Also how will what we know about them from mythology translate into actual reality/Isu lore?

    What do you all think about it? Norse mythology fits pretty neatly with Isu lore, but I can't figure out what will Fenrir be... human/humanity is my only guess, but there are a lot of holes in that theory and I don't really feel strongly about it...

    Edit: After listening to the dialogues that play during the Anomalies I'm pretty sure that my Fenrir is metaphor for humanity theory is completely debunked.

    submitted by /u/Tomix3317
    [link] [comments]

    My thoughts on cairns in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 10:25 PM PST

    I hate them so much. They are so unwaveringly stressful, as part of 100% completion. However, I do see a place for them. If they were part of settlement decoration, that would be really fun. No height limit. Just stacking rocks to your heart's content. I would absolutely spend time shaping my rocks into the most broken, curvy penis the Viking world has ever seen. They just absolutely suck ass(assin) as region mysteries.

    submitted by /u/DoomDeathFace
    [link] [comments]

    How do u start the Yule Festival?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 06:22 PM PST

    I got the quest but it just says "gain an alliance in England".

    PS. I'm early in the game just got to England n haven't done much story so what do i do w this? Can someone help w this?

    submitted by /u/sk3latorr1
    [link] [comments]

    Why’d the hidden ones change their name

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 11:14 AM PST

    Does anyone know when and why the hidden ones changed to the assassins? Valhalla is only a couple hundred years from AC1 so it must have happened then but I haven't found anything on wiki's about it.

    submitted by /u/nighttoaster656
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILER] I need help understanding the Valhalla ending

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 05:53 PM PST

    So I just finished the ending of Valhalla, I feel understood most of it but theres one little thing I dont quite get...

    Again, MAJOR VALHALLA SPOILERS BELOW...

    So Eivor beats Basim and Layla jumps out the Animus. Shaun and Becs tell her the story of how Desmond saved the world all the way back in assassins creed 3 by switching on the device in the Isu vault then they explain that its creating a dangerous gravitational field or whatever science stuff yes. So my question is, why did Layla travel to the Norway vault and not the North America vault that Desmond saved the world in? They talk about slowing down the device desmond turned on then she travels to an entirely different vault to the ball Desmond touched.

    submitted by /u/Legitimate-Year3908
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment