• Breaking News

    Friday, November 13, 2020

    Assassin's Creed This game inspired my latest painting: "Wanderer"

    Assassin's Creed This game inspired my latest painting: "Wanderer"


    This game inspired my latest painting: "Wanderer"

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 05:27 PM PST

    The way they trimmed the fat in the side quests needs much more love and attention.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 01:42 PM PST

    The fact they can all be beat in like 5 minutes is PERFECT. I always thought the side quests in Origins and Odyssey were too much fluff and running around fetching things. Like the couple that couldn't get it up without being on a raid. That would have been a 20 minute quest to go find some love potion with a healer or some shit in Odyssey. In Valhalla, it took 4 minutes, told an entertaining and fun little story, and then it was done. No fat. 93% lean beef.

    These quests have me harder than Heimdall's tower.

    submitted by /u/svenhoek86
    [link] [comments]

    I’m thankful for the lack of naval combat!

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 02:29 PM PST

    The naval combat has always felt like a chore to me, glad it's not been in Valhalla (so far). I do enjoy floating down the rivers in the long boats though

    submitted by /u/chuckb218
    [link] [comments]

    For those that don´t like Modern Day. Just let us have our 30 minutes in each game, alright? These constant calls for its removal feel so needless. The games are now 60-70h long. Is 15-30 minutes really so unbearable?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 02:41 AM PST

    I felt that making this point in a post would get the message viewed by more in this sub, but if the mods feel it does not warrant its own post, feel free to delete.

    I don´t mean to gatekeep and I certainly dont mean to criticize the MD in Valhalla, I loved it, best MD since Black Flag. I just don´t understand the constant need for so many people to ask for MD to be removed.

    The franchise has changed in so many ways, it's practically a different game, just take in those few MD minutes (most can be skipped so the criticisms are even more nonsensical) and just let us have that, c'mon. I feel surprised that even in Valhalla this element is criticized. IMO it's the best implementation of MD since Black Flag. Darby was right, I even liked Layla now lmao.

    It just feels so needless, this argument. Many asked for bigger maps, they got it. Many asked for less assassin stuff in the rpg era, they got it. I'm not criticizing that, just pointing out. If you keep asking for no MD, you will get it, and with that all the core characteristics of AC gone, reduced to atoms (I haven´t played Valhalla, just seen the MD on youtube so I can´t comment on how assassiny the rest of the game really is).

    Just let us have at least Modern Day, for Ezio's sake. Especially when it's good, imo, like in Valhalla or the Desmond era. Most it's skippable in the games and it does not warrant such heavy criticism. Pretty please.

    submitted by /u/GreenArrow194
    [link] [comments]

    Made a Map of England with all collectibles/artifacts/opals/armor/skills That I stitched together from many maps

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 09:01 AM PST

    We need an animation for exiting the boat on a raid.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 06:49 AM PST

    I feel like the intensity of a starting a raid is immediately brought low by clumsily trying to navigate your way off the boat. I'd rather see Eivor hop up, run down the mast as his crew hops over the sides, then leap out in front to lead the charge.

    submitted by /u/Rad_Dad6969
    [link] [comments]

    I would genuinely like to know Ubisoft's thought process on why they didn't add one handed swords

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 11:42 AM PST

    It really baffles me that they would give every npc a one handed sword and not us, there is no sensible answer I can think of.

    I'm literally looking at a lootable random location with a static body in the snow and there's a classic Norse one handed sword just sitting there and yet I can't pick it up or use any at all!?

    But we have flails? When did Vikings use flails? Atleast try to have some accuracy, may aswell just give us fucking glocks

    Edit: There's even a short sword in Eivors damn grave (Start of modern day spoiler)

    submitted by /u/iamwntr
    [link] [comments]

    Please bring back alternate cosmetics from Odyssey

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 05:42 PM PST

    One of the QOL features I liked in Odyssey were the alternative armour cosmetics. Regardless of the armour you wore, you could still change the appearance of the armour to have a full set, I really like the standard Raven Clan armour you're given at the start of the game and whilst upgrading surely has it's benefits, I'd prefer to stick with the look of the starter armour because it looks amazing rather than upgrade and change it.
    Please add this back to the game Ubi :(

    (PS, if this is actually already in the game, feel free to lemme know and call me a dumbass afterwards, I couldn't see the option anywhere)

    submitted by /u/lucifercannibal
    [link] [comments]

    One-handed swords in Assassin's Creed Valhalla

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 11:44 AM PST

    Devs, I beg you, could you please add normal one-handed swords to the game.

    This is selfish but I love the badass feeling and look of dueling somebody with just a sword in videogames. I know there is a lot of other weapons in the game, but I beg you, if you could add it in a future update for everybody, and for free.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/n1gro609
    [link] [comments]

    Obscuring the skill trees feels pointless

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 02:09 PM PST

    I get that we can reset our skills for free whenever we like, which is a fantastic change for the series, but what purpose does hiding all the trees serve?

    Personally I like to be able to plan my build, and while resetting your skill points to uncover the trees is a workaround, they get hidden again once you close the game.

    submitted by /u/Qu1etMan
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla needed more time in the oven

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 11:16 AM PST

    I know some of you are in the honeymoon phase and probably will disagree but after playing almost 20 hours, I have the feeling that i am playing an early access game.

    It has a lot of issues; bugs where you have to restart the game, constant crashes, glitches where the character get stucked and you have to restart, cutscenes transitions are horrendous sometimes with very weird camera angles that feel like placeholders, many animations are very robotic and off putting as well, a lot of sounds are broken and stop working unless you restart the game. The camera is horrible during combat, it's so zoom out that you can't see anything, the AI enemy is really bad too, sometimes they just stand there in the middle of combat and don't move, during raids your colleagues often don't help you opening the chests ruining the raid and I could go on with more stuff

    I hate to say this because I am a big fan of this franchise but I have to be honest about my feelings with the game, I think that Ubisoft needed more time to make this game better

    submitted by /u/Gonzito3420
    [link] [comments]

    Okay so, awhile back I promised myself and everyone here that I would finish the Ezio trilogy and boy, what a ride.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 09:16 PM PST

    Okay so, I literally have just finished Revelations as I type out this statement. I cannot believe the pure amount of detail, heart, and soul that was thrown into this trilogy. This trilogy is what makes Assassins Creed the way it is today. For context I have played Origins, Odyssey, Black Flag, and Syndicate before this trilogy. The way I have seen these games now makes me wish and understand more of people's complaints about the modern day and all that stuff. My goal is to beat the rest of the games before Christmas so that I can enjoy Valhalla and not have to worry about any other games from the franchise that I need to play. Valhalla looks incredibly awesome and I can't wait to give it a try. I hear that AC 3 is the end of Desmond's story and that makes me a little sad, but hey all good things must come to an end ya know? Can't wait to see how it all ends up shaking out! My thanks to the developers, anyone who read this, and Ezio for being one of my favorite protagonista of all time, and making this trilogy incredibly easy to play through, Requiesca en Pace my dear friend.

    submitted by /u/Kachiggamaboi
    [link] [comments]

    From a narrative standpoint Valhalla is so damn good. I've had to take breaks whilst playing to take in the heavy moments from each arc. I haven't felt this way about the series since Black Flag, Props to Ubisoft for this entry!

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 02:01 PM PST

    There really is no right choice in this game in terms of the overall story. Most hard desicsions even with Eivor trying to help people result in utter chaos and heartbreak. I just finished the arc with Ivarr and Ceolbert.. I had to take a break from playing.

    submitted by /u/nonoman12
    [link] [comments]

    IRL: Ravensthorpe is literally on my doorstep.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 07:10 AM PST

    I live in the UK and there is a village near where I live in Northamptonshire called Ravensthorpe, it is near the Nene River (and is also located next the same river in AC Valhalla).

    I can assume then that Ravensthorpe in real life is the same Ravensthorpe in AC Valhalla.

    submitted by /u/annlyt
    [link] [comments]

    I'm actually quite enjoying the fact that the raven (Synin) has been nerfed. Ikaros and Senu felt overpowered and spoiled exploration.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 04:19 AM PST

    In nearly every thread I see people complaining about this, but I actually think it's a huge step up. I had a great time with Odyssey generally, but I did find it very hand-holdy (even with the exploration options set to minimal). Coming up to yet another copy-and-pasted bandit camp, sending Ikaros up into the sky to instantly tag everything remotely interesting, including every enemy and chest, was just far too easy.

    I'm yet to leave Norway, but so far I'm enjoying this nerf. There are other ways to detect enemies, such as Odin's sense, or the skill that reveals enemy locations when you crouch and are undetected. Plus, if you want to mark a particular enemy with Synin to track them, you can.

    I'm playing with every setting (stealth, combat, exploration) on the hardest difficulty and I'm having a good time so far.

    submitted by /u/RedMosquitoMan
    [link] [comments]

    What's up with the weird giant humans in every game now?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 10:19 AM PST

    Why are there so many 7-8ft giants in the game? I can understand the odd boss here and there, but it feels a bit lazy.

    All the NPCs enemies are the exact same height, and then they clash with occasional 8ft god. It's kind of weird.

    Would be better to have all NPCs in varying heights rather than inventing a new species of human beings.

    submitted by /u/Gibbous_Moon_Wanker
    [link] [comments]

    AC Valhalla stealth deserves more love and I sincerely hope an update comes in.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 12:41 PM PST

    No spoilers except for some abilities.

    Stealth in Valhalla, to me, seems pretty broken. Specifically how detection works and chain assassination. Stealth has been core to AC since it's inception, and while I wasn't a huge fan of Odyssey at the very least each path (stealth, ranged, and melee) was equally viable. In Valhalla however stealth just seems broken.

    Firstly, detection. I've turned the difficulty down to Apprentice(easy) and yet still, somehow, I will be detected across a massive field. This in turn means that I have to go full viking on everyone in my immediate vicinity which, while fun, is not how I like to play the new AC games. I don't mind the movement speed changes, in fact I appreciate them, but detection is still such a crapshoot. Further, let's say someone sees me and the yellow detected indicator flashes and slows time. Half the time instead of being able to let of an assassination I start wailing away at the enemy and suddenly I have 5 or 6 soon to be corpses around me. I'm going to toy with controller bindings to see if I can resolve this by not having attack and assassinate mapped onto the same button so we'll see. Another bit about detection, if I'm using a hunter bow and successfully snipe someone, I shouldn't be immediately detected. It doesn't always happen but it happens often enough. Further, regarding detection, I think the yellow detection time should be increased. If I were to recommend a number I'd say an additional 0.5 seconds so I can let off an assassination in time to stay undetected.

    My second huge problem with stealth is chain assassination. There is no double assassinate in this game. Which if you ask me is ridiculous considering Unity we only had one hidden blade and could still double assassinate via snapping the other guys neck. Instead there is chain assassinate, in which you throw an axe at another enemy. Unless you've been detected. If you're detected you CANNOT let off a chain assassinate. Are you kidding me? Whether or not I'm detected I should still be able to yeet an axe at another guy if I've unlocked the ability. How am I supposed to deal with enemies that are right next to each other? Well there are two options, sneak behind and headshot with assassinate in quick succession, or use the ranged ability that lets you multitarget. Frankly a lot of the assassin skills are pretty lackluster, if you ask me they should have included a skill that lets you double assassinate, and another separate skill that lets you chain assassinate where you throw your axe. Doing the quick succession headshot/assassinate works but it's pretty jank.

    Lastly I'll touch on social stealth and distrust areas. Great idea, feels a bit awkward with walking speed. But that's just a user control issue. You have got to be extremely delicate with your movement in distrust areas, which makes sense but I wish it didn't make me feel stressed out that my undetected status is so ridiculously fragile. Tbh I need to experience this more but my initial thoughts are that it's cool but stressful. Also social stealth seems to be somewhat useless in most cases but I can see it being sometimes useful, which tbh that's kind of the point is that it's only sometimes useful.

    Tl;dr Stealth is janky and unpredictable, can't chain assassinate if detected mid assassinate which is completely fucking stupid, and no double assassinate because you can't chain assassinate an enemy right next to another because you get detected. Also binding assassinate and light attack to the same button often leads to accidentally braining a guy with your axe instead of quietly stabbing their neck.

    submitted by /u/SaucyMacgyver
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla - A game that seems to break at any moment

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 10:05 AM PST

    I've now played the game for 20hrs and first I want to say: I enjoy it. I do, really. But there are so many things I wished that were different. And it all comes down to this: ACV feels like a game that is barely held together by its code. Really, everything feels so unpolished, so janky. I've come to be used to this by Ubisoft, but the last AC I have played was Origins and I absolutely loved it. But ACV has so many bugs..my god. I've come across everything, from weird glitching fishing lanes, to floating mountains. From my character only walking in slow motion to lines between buildings that just stop in the middle. From stuff like treasures that I cant collect, even if I see them right in front of me with the marker, to completely game breaking stuff. But there is also stuff line the fire and the explosions that just look hilariously bad, its really insulting to the money I spent on the game. There are Cutscenes that just have no timing, they just start with your character completely somewhere else. There are sound glitches like crowds cheering and you dont hear anything. There is weird textures that flimmer across whole grass fields. Really, Ubisoft, really, take your time with these games. Noone can rush a huge game like this out. It ruins whatever could have been a great game. I still enjoy it, as I said. I dont care much for the story. But I just love the open world, exploring caves and tombs, hunting and fighting. But I hope..I really hope they will polish the next AC like they did with Origins. I'm not even bothered by the Ubi-formula from time to time..but man, Ubi-budget-guys, have some respect for alle the people that develop these games. Its a shame to see all the hard work be accompanied every few minutes by this lack of time they had.

    Sorry, just had to get that if my chest. Maybe someone else feels the same.

    submitted by /u/rehkirsch
    [link] [comments]

    Gravity is a Motherf..... Aint it ����‍♂️

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 03:04 PM PST

    Y'all reach that point of irritation when right after you jump off of a cliff you realize you're playing Valhalla and not Odyssey and you know you haven't saved in a while. 🙃

    submitted by /u/Drebo24
    [link] [comments]

    The game is fun, but I keep asking myself these three things

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 09:03 PM PST

    1. 'Where the fuck are the one handed swords, Ubisoft?'

    2. 'What do you mean I can't kill monks when I go raiding? I'm a bloody Viking.'

    3. 'WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO KEEP UNHIDING MY BLOODY HEADWEAR?'

    submitted by /u/LordDaisah
    [link] [comments]

    Once again, I am asking you to please put a 'buy all' option in stores

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 09:21 PM PST

    I mean, we just went through this with odyssey. Now it doesn't even seem to speed up much when holding the dpad to increase the amount you want to buy. sigh maybe it's slated for a patch soon?

    submitted by /u/petrichor8
    [link] [comments]

    I miss the city based assassin's creed

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 06:16 AM PST

    Don't get me wrong, I love the new RPG style the new games have, but man I miss just free running over rooftops assassinating some guards and smoke bombing away. Unity was imo the best city based AC game yet, with its flashy animations, and really good graphics for its time.

    Do you think they'll ever bring it back?

    submitted by /u/Assassinatrix
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla: A Relaxed Defense (No Spoilers)

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 03:48 PM PST

    Since I'm stuck at home with Covid, I've been playing a lot of Valhalla, and of course, spent plenty of time online. I've been loving the game to death, but the online response has annoyed me. While I understand people have different opinions, there seems to be a lot of flailing toward the game for things that aren't that big of deals. I of course respect any opinion. and you know what, I can totally understand why people wouldn't like this game, or why they would hate it even. There are some really questionable design decisions that I am willing to ignore, but I know why some would not. Simply, I want to provide an alternative positive view, that isn't blind praise.

    1. No one-handed swords: An annoying omission to be sure, but there is a utilitarian reason for this. Axes already fill the niche of one-handed weapon. While I would always like more weapons, this to me feels like a cut to save some time and effort, and not some insidious example of Ubisoft hating the player base and purposefully leaving out a beloved item.
    2. Loot: This has been rightfully divisive. Coming in from the loot tsunami of Odyssey, the deeply restrained feel of Valhalla is a bit strange. However, in Assassins Creed's continuing shift to RPG, I think this is the best "RPG" of the series. Origins and Odyssey RPG elements often felt vestigial. Here, with the mixture of the skills and more specialized loot, this is far better. Now for those who want to have lots of loot to break down or just vary up their build, this is a disaster. However, as someone who still loves the first game, this is the first time I've felt that gears and skills actually really matter, instead of being purely cosmetic.
    3. The thousand tiny details: There have been never-ending complaints on different random bits of the game. I understand these, and of course would never begrudge someone the right to complain (I'm a heck of a complainer when I feel like it,) but these are often framed as game-breaking issues. I.e. hood preferences. Small things that would be nice, but don't impact the game. For example, I get really annoyed at how often the game takes off my helmet, i get it, Eivor is a very handsome man, but I wanna see my cool helmet! It annoys me, but I still get great joy from a round of Orlog, a monetary raid, or delving into Roman ruins.

    Overall, my conclusion is that this is simply, a game. Complaining about this or that makes perfect sense. I want to give all credit and respect to anyone who does have issues, large or small, with Valhalla. However, no one is right in any given argument. A game that is terrible for one, is great for another. Most of the world adores the Witcher III, I can't stand the bloody thing, but I do get why it is popular. I do apologize for a long random post, you can probably blame covid for all this.

    Keep raiding brothers.

    submitted by /u/DACopperhead2
    [link] [comments]

    Auto-save files NEED to just be one file that overwrites itself.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 02:57 PM PST

    There is a limit to how many saves you can have and because me and my girlfriend have two different manual slots for our characters; her auto-save whilst she was playing overwrote my manual save with my character on so now I have to start again.

    Thankfully only 2 hours in but posting this to let other people who share save slots with others that this is possible.

    submitted by /u/Cub_UK
    [link] [comments]

    Combat camera makes the game less fun

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 04:35 PM PST

    Anyone else find that the combat camera makes combat difficult? I find that it pulls back so much that it difficult to see Eivor, but also the people in front of him. This sort of thing worked in Odyssey where you could block attacks from any direction, but here you actually have to face the attacker. Pretty difficult to do when I can barely tell which attacks are coming at me.

    submitted by /u/GrandAdmiralVoth
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment