• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 12, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Maybe this is messed up of me but what the hell man, I'm supposed to a viking.

    Assassin's Creed Maybe this is messed up of me but what the hell man, I'm supposed to a viking.


    Maybe this is messed up of me but what the hell man, I'm supposed to a viking.

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 02:51 PM PST

    Okay so hear me out. I'm generally a pretty nice guy and don't wish anyone harm IRL. However, 8th and 9th century English history is a passion of mine and has been for long before this game was even announced. I say this out of an understanding of the literal history of this time.

    Why, why the bloody hell does killing priests and monks while raiding a monasteries desync you. This is literally what the vikings did...

    submitted by /u/OrickJagstone
    [link] [comments]

    AC Valhalla is amazing and I'd say Ubisoft has found the right balance of AC and open world rpg

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 12:30 PM PST

    about 4-5 hours in and I'm still in Norway and don't have any plans on moving on yet, sure the game has bugs and glitches but they can be smoothed out. The combat is viseral and has bite. The world and characters are miles of anything origin and odyssey offered and the music is on a level on its self. I'm exploring and not fast traveling which is something I never did in odyssey as I felt it was a chore.

    submitted by /u/DrinkFlatPepsi
    [link] [comments]

    The audio is genuinely awful - we need an optional HQ audio pack [ACV]

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 08:44 AM PST

    I'll start by saying it's mostly the environmental/ambient audio that is terrible. The voice audio is passable (but buggy at times).

    With that out of the way, the audio experience in ACV is genuinely horrible. This is the worst overall audio I've heard in any AAA game. I don't know if it's due to file compression, recording methods, mixing/mastering, or something else, but it sounds so thin and cold, void of musicality. Hopefully, if it's file compression, maybe they will release an optional HQ audio pack that isn't so ineptly compressed? We'd have to raise awareness though. So if you feel the same, please make posts and upvote posts. I posted on Ubi's forums too.

    Honestly, this level of audio degradation is unacceptable at the AAA level. It feels like incompetence, as this should have been caught. As someone who records a fair bit of audio, I like to do what a lot of people call the "car" or "computer" test. That is, after mixing your audio on your high quality studio monitors, you burn it to a disc and check it on regular ol' speakers that 99% of people will be using. If it doesn't sound good there, it needs more work. It feels like the ACV audio designers did not do this with the final build's audio. Because I can't imagine any audio engineer would hear this audio and think it's passable.

    This is my biggest grievance with the game (though there are others), and frankly, it's unacceptable for a company such as Ubisoft.

    EDIT: I don't use headphones, and I am on PC.

    submitted by /u/ThucydidesJones
    [link] [comments]

    SKÅL brothers and sisters! Raise your battle horns now... The path to valhalla just started and I really wanted to⁣ some new hot shots⁣ of my Eivor Cosplay with You to wish you to enjoy Assassin's Creed Valhalla at best!⁣ (PH DCphotocosplay) may Odin be with You!

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 12:28 AM PST

    Loving Valhalla. But the modern day aspect of the games is, at this point, really immersion breaking, pointless and overall one of the worst gameplay ideas ever. They should get rid of it somehow, what are your thoughts?

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 12:11 PM PST

    Valhalla seems like a great and fun game, graphics are great, it feels more immersive with the darker atmosphere and more weighty combat.

    I am about 4-5 hours in, fighting, chopping heads off, blood everywhere. Eivor is swimming in icy waters, defying the odds at every turn, fighting and drinking. The Viking music in the background fits perfectly. And all of a sudden, what is that? An e-mail, asking if some irrelevant character is feeling down, and could it be COVID? Really? I was just on my way to meet The sons of Ragnar Lothbrok.

    Does anybody even remember what was going on in the modern day storyline in these games? Like the details? I sure do not. They still try to force some storyline to connect it in modern day, feels useless and pointless, as well as immersion breaking. Devs should just let it go and focus on the stronger parts of game. There are many by the way. What do people here think?

    submitted by /u/Summer1Man
    [link] [comments]

    Interactive Map for Assassin's Creed Valhalla - link in comment

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 03:06 PM PST

    Raventhorpe, for me, is the best thing they could have added to this game

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 10:30 AM PST

    Raventhorpe is the best addition to this game in my opinion. It gives Eivor this feeling that they actually live in this world outside of you, the player. One of the things I liked about Origins was that for some of the side quest you can run into people Bayek knows from his past. It made it feel like 1) Bayek is a real person 2) the world setting actually exist outside of the main plot. Running around in Siwa people would go "hey, it's Bayek!". In Odyssey they didn't have this at all, not even in Kephallonia, and after you left that part of the game there's really no reason to go back. It made Kassandra/Alexios feel like they were new to the Greek world when they shouldn't have been.

    I haven't run into any world events that have someone Eivor already knows personally, but there's a lot of game left. Even if there isn't, Raventhorpe makes up for that and more. People will say something to Eivor if you run by and sometimes you can run into little events happening in the settlement, and you can tell Eivor knows these people and they've know Eivor for a long time. It helps make the world feel more real and it helps make Eivor feel like more than just a playable character that only exist for you to control. All in all it just makes everything feel more concrete to me. Really looking forward to building it up, and I hope the game does even more with it.

    submitted by /u/jootuu
    [link] [comments]

    This game is fucking good

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 09:24 AM PST

    The exploration is much more engaging than the previous games, combat is fluent and fun, stealth is challenging, there are assassins in it.. and as a Norwegian I am pretty impressed by the accents and the feel of Norway. Eivor sounds danish, she can't say the R sound properly, but it's close enough.

    submitted by /u/BiggerWiggerDeluxe
    [link] [comments]

    [Modern Day Spoilers] The handling of the modern day aspect in Valhalla is a love letter to classic AC, and i couldn't be happier about that.

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 03:28 PM PST

    I just left the Animus for the first time and immediately checked out all the Laptop had to offer. I love how every line and bit of info is written in a way to make it all fit and to explain why certain things happened in earlier games, that never really were explained or made sense. This is what i always wanted since it all started going downhill with the ending of AC3.

    And then i listened to the DESMOND_02.WAV file and actually teared up a bit. Hearing Shaun, Rebecca and Desmond talking about how he experiences the bleeding effects, how he saw Ezio after Cappadocia and all that core AC stuff, i absolutely love it. It's like the crew was never seperated, the writing is just on point. I don't know how it will work going forward, but as of now i am so happy, i realized once again how much the MD matters to me. Thanks to Darby and to whoever wrote for the MD, you guys nailed it. You even managed to come up with a believable explanation for the shortcomings of previous titles, without throwing it all out the window.

    Thanks for putting in the effort for old fans like me, it means the world.

    submitted by /u/Darkronymus
    [link] [comments]

    Orlog is so fucking good.

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 09:31 AM PST

    Whoever decided to include that, thank you so much. I think I've spent 1/4 of my playtime just playing Orlog. The animations are very well done and it's so addicting! Gwent is trash next to this.

    submitted by /u/AugustoRudzinski
    [link] [comments]

    PSA for controller players: You can map Odin's Sight to another button, because pressing the right stick can severly mess up your thumb and wrist

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 04:04 AM PST

    There are times when you have/want to use Odin's Sight a lot. But sadly it is mapped by default to pressing the right analog stick and this can severly mess up your tendons and muscles in your thumb and wrist if you play for a longer period and use it a lot.

    Thankfully you can remap your controller buttons.

    So, I put mine to D-Pad Up, as it was in Odyssey. Now the game will say that there is a conflict and that you have two functions mapped to the same button (the other is calling your Raven). But that's fine, just ignore it, because you have to actually hold the button to use Odin's Sight, as it was in Odyssey and it won't interfere with your Raven.

    Hope that helps anyone and prevents carpal tunnel.

    Edit: Wording.

    Edit 2: Thank you for the awards!

    Edit 3: I just learned that "Gamer's thumb" on Wikipedia redirects to Repetitive strain injury, which is what we are talking about here.

    submitted by /u/SirToxe
    [link] [comments]

    Enemy detection time is WAY too fast

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 02:57 PM PST

    Its kinda hard to play steathily if whenever your pinky toe slips out of a bush, Old Timothy Oswald across the marsh sees you instantly and alerts the whole camp of your presence Its actually rediculous how unforgiving the enemy's sight is

    submitted by /u/RockyHorror134
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla has potential to be one of the best.

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 06:27 PM PST

    This has potential to be one of the best....

    I just got to England, and I think this has potential to be one of the best games in the series. If they can clean up some of these little bugs and glitches, this story is truly incredible so far. Even the first out of the animus part I was like...woah.

    I love this direction they're going and I kinda get vibes from the first game. Idk about y'all but I'm loving it!

    submitted by /u/brssell247
    [link] [comments]

    I think Valhalla may have the best soundtrack in years for the series.

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 07:19 PM PST

    Everything from the main theme to the Raid music to the songs sang on your boat are amazing. The Raids are pretty mediocre really gameplay wise but with the music played over it the whole thing feels more grand and epic. Very impressed with the music score especially when the series has always had great scores outside one or two games.

    submitted by /u/hunterzolomon1993
    [link] [comments]

    The most difficult thing about this game (No Spoilers)

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 06:22 PM PST

    When you're doing a raid, and trying to open a large chest, and your crew just stands there and watches you struggle.

    I can't be the only one who's has this happen to

    submitted by /u/juanthrustman
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Valhalla had double the amount of players on launch day that Assassin's Creed Odyssey had.

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 10:51 PM PST

    Why can’t Ubisoft pick a face and stick with it?

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 07:19 PM PST

    With the return of Rebecca and Shaun to AC Valhalla, I, like many of you I'm sure, was really excited. I heard their voices and got pumped to see them, and then they show up as complete strangers? Both of them have completely different faces from their previous appearances (and Rebecca has already had quite a few faces).

    What's up with Assassin's Creed in particular being unable to have consistency in faces? Ezio, Desmond, Shaun, Rebecca, Layla now. Is it really that hard to at least try and model the upgraded character designs at least LOOSELY off of what the fans know to be a certain character?

    submitted by /u/Jodowz
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestion: I turned off the compass and never looked back.

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 10:08 AM PST

    I played with it a bit. Decided to dump it and see what changes.

    Nothing really, except my eyes stopped wandering upward.

    You can use your raven to mark up to 3 points, he will also show you any and all points of interest. When you go into the map some sounds (like throat singing and animal growls for legendary hunts) will indicate something there. Dont worry about the little gold dots that show up when you zoom in. It's just resources. Hunt them when you need them. By all means complete areas before you move on but give this a shot, it's how I play:

    No hud except health and abilities (although once I get very comfortable with the game, they'll be gone too)

    I tend to try and complete most starting areas in AC games, but beyond that, I move as the story moves. See a main mission? Grab it. Do some side stuff around it. Then do it. Rinse repeat. Feels more natural to me. If there is ever a lull in the story main I go back to previously visited areas for some resource/finishing off things. Then resume my journey.

    The compass though? You dont need it. especially in this AC. now England is much bigger than norway, but take it slow, no need to fly by with your ship making all the markers show up, hop off. Grab a mission or world event. When the story is less dramatic, play some Oleg. When it heightens before a battle, do a raid or two with your crew to "warm up."

    I honestly think this is one of the most immersive ACs ever. I loved AC3 and it gives me vibes like that coupled with Black Flag. And the music? My god its gives me shivers.

    Some extra tips for y'all if you dont know: -nothing is missable in this game, dont worry. -holy shit be an aggressive bastard in this game, similar to bloodborne it pays off -Your raven is your compass. F the compass all my homies hate the compass. -reset skills at any time -parrying is a little late in this game compared to others. Press it a bit later than you would expect. -You can fish with your bow if you want! -Play Oleg. Seriously. But stop after a while it took me too long to realise the NPCs never stop asking for another round I could literally play it all day. -there be treasure chest in the ocean mates. Only marked by small gold dots. Resources! -you know waterfalls by law mostly need something behind them? Js -Flail is god tier. -press crouch while running to do a cool slide. -aiming your bow while mid air gives slow mo. No skill point needed. - Press the climb up button twice (or just tap it not sure yet) and that is how you do a wall eject.

    -you can quick save on the item wheel

    Loving it! Sorry for the long post! Edit added a few tips

    submitted by /u/DeliciousRoreos
    [link] [comments]

    This is a pointless post but felt the need to say it

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 08:12 PM PST

    I've noticed that if you loved odyssey, odds are you'll dislike Valhalla and if you loved origins you'll love Valhalla. I personally didn't like odyssey in the slightest. I played through it cuz I love this franchise but was insanely bored and the character was more than a little schizo lol this game is AC perfection in my opinion. The best of everything so far (minus parkour, unity has the best there)

    submitted by /u/iBeardedPrince
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Black Flag - definitely my favourite

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 04:20 PM PST

    So through the lockdown I've been replaying the assassin's creed games (amongst others. I was furloughed for 7 months!) And I'm currently playing Black Flag for the first time in years (PS3 version) and it's really reminded me why I've always said it was the best in the series, especially compared to Odyssey and Origins.

    I never got into the way that both Odyssey and Origins were so massive with endless side quests and bloated storylines. When I replayed Odyssey I had Kassandra massively leveled up before I was even a quarter of the way into the story (pilgrim armour is the only one I use so you can walk about invisible!)

    But with black flag, it's simple and straightforward (like Kenway!) Easy storyline, not too many side quests, no levelling up just upgrade the ship with money and inventory. The dialogue is good, the character's are interesting, the storyline was well planned through, the game just felt more focussed than the sprawling swamps of the last couple. And if what I've heard of Valhalla is accurate it's just more of the same. So I'll be on record as saying that there hasn't been a really good AC game since Black Flag (I did enjoy Syndicate but did think it was quite blah)

    submitted by /u/yet_another_geek
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Known Issues List

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 06:59 AM PST

    It feels like folks who love odyssey hate this game cause it’s what made odyssey to be such a slog fest. Imo this game is a love letter to the older ac titles with the paint of the new ones. I love how folks are complaining there is not much enough armour styles like odyssey.

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 08:53 PM PST

    Yes that's how ac was every protag had an iconic armour :-

    1. Ezio red and white robes

    2. Connors Native American white and blue jacket with feathers

    3. Edwards assassin attire that was modified to be piratey

    4. Shay's assassin attire that was modified to be Templar ish with black and red accents

    5. Altair's Levantine assassin outfit

    Whenever new ac trailer used to release I used to judge the game based on the outfit worn in the trailer. That's how AC was, folks complained how odyssey had so much random junk loot and when they changed it folks want it back ? Classic assassins creed community, the most divided gaming community.

    submitted by /u/Mr_fartyboi69
    [link] [comments]

    A problem with the quantity of the Armor sets in Valhalla

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 01:48 PM PST

    So, maybe a little, very light spoilers here. There are only 10 armor sets in the game, and for a huge, hugeee game like this i think it does not create enough diversity. I mean i love they changed the loot sistem from Odyssey and making every item unique is a wonderful progress but, hear me out. You can only get 6 or these item sets without grinding opal and waiting if they fall onto the daily or weekly item list from reda. The rest 4 are from the item shop, you can get one of them without grinding if you got the ultimate edition, but without grinding or ultimate edition you got 6. And surely ubisoft will try to make a good buck out of it by constantly bringing new armor sets to the store for real money. Don't you think this is an issue for a single-player game?

    submitted by /u/thedestrxyer
    [link] [comments]

    What would the next assassin’s creed setting be?

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 09:48 PM PST

    Now that Valhalla is out, what do you guys think the next assassins creed would be setting in or perhaps hope to see? (Besides feudal japan that everyone ask for) Since the current directions are all prequels to AC 1, I'm thinking maybe ancient China? (Chronicle doesn't count) Song Dynasty perhaps , before Mongolian invasion. Other than feudal japan, I think the timeline where ghost of Tsushima is set in will be nice too, that or meiji era assassin. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/Onionbae
    [link] [comments]

    There is a conspicuous lack of swords in this game

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 10:02 PM PST

    I'm like, 15 hrs or so in to Valhalla, loving the game so far, I think it took everything that made odyssey great, made it better, and everything that's was bad from odyssey and replaced it, shaved it down, etc to create a fantastic game in my opinion. That said. I've been looking around online and stuff, and there aren't any normal swords anywhere to be found. They've got seaxes and greatswords, but it's not the same to me lol. This isn't turning me off the game or anything, but it is disappointing, and I hope there's a way for them to add them in the future.

    submitted by /u/jcrosby123
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment