• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 15, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Drawing of Male Eivor by Innervalue

    Assassin's Creed Drawing of Male Eivor by Innervalue


    Drawing of Male Eivor by Innervalue

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 05:43 PM PST

    I feel like the raven is almost totally pointless in Valhalla. Almost.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 03:10 PM PST

    In previous games he was invaluable to tag enemies which worked great for scouting forts and objectives. Now I pretty much use the map... And just see what happens. Does the raven become more useful.. I am at power 40...and nothing has really changed.

    submitted by /u/Wolf_Pickles
    [link] [comments]

    The flying paper agility challenges are just a demonstration of how clunky the movement system is

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 06:19 PM PST

    Seriously, the Ledecester paper challenge had me almost breaking my controller. It's not even that hard but the fact that the paper ends on a balance beam on the edge of a roof was something that Eivor could. not. do. I tried probably 15 times until I finally got it because, of course, if you try to go slow then the paper just disappears.

    The other exercise in frustration was the Tamworth challenge which of course has to have you start from atop the fortress, jumping down into hay. Eivor has to jump onto branches and then snake around the trunk of the tree, which it took a while to discover you shouldn't hold X but instead just keep pressing forward and he'll do it. Except when he doesn't and then climbs the tree. Or falls off.

    The game is fun but goddamn is it clunky. There is just so many times where it seems you'll expect Eivor to do the obvious parkour movement but he instead turns around and does the total opposite. Or you're hanging on a ledge and you press forward to climb up and he literally does nothing. And you move the joystick every which way and he doesn't move at all. And you check your controller battery and it's fine. And then he decides he'll move.

    submitted by /u/INGWR
    [link] [comments]

    Does the store not supremely annoy anyone? Or are we just all used to it now?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 11:07 AM PST

    When I first loaded Valhalla I checked the store, thinking it would just be the season pass or pre order stuff.

    Imagine my surprise to see - three gear sets at 2000 helix credits each - multiple cool looking weapons in the 300-800 range - multiple skins for the boat, ravensthorpe, synnin, and different mounts - map icons???!!, time savers, upgrade materials

    I checked the store for helix credits, the large pack is €34 or £29 and nets you 4200 credits.

    So for perspective that's two sets of armour and maybe a weapon or skin set for half the price of the base game.

    And it's release week!!!! Why aren't these things simply in the game!!! They are clearly ready for the day of release, yet propped behind a paywall. Furthermore they look to be some of the coolest sets in the game, and cannot be obtained by any means in game other than paying.

    How is this acceptable?

    submitted by /u/sengars_solitude
    [link] [comments]

    The cycle of an Assassins Creed game

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 09:05 AM PST

    Come out be a good game, get shit on by fans, finish dlc road map, next game comes out, also gets shit on, last game now best game in series. Make it make sense guys.

    submitted by /u/ShaolinFantastic13
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla: Why does it take so long for the dead to become lootable??

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 11:23 AM PST

    Kill some peeps in a raid and it seems to take 30 seconds for them to become sparkly blue if they are going to. It's hard to wait or find them again since they don't illuminate with Odin's Sight... Is it just my connection? XBONEX

    submitted by /u/Lanssolo
    [link] [comments]

    Minor PSA: You can use the Hidden Blade in combat again for the first time since Rogue, but the game doesn’t tell you how.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 05:38 PM PST

    Apologies if this fits the megathread better, I thought it was worth it's own post.

    I always missed being able to use the iconic hidden blade in combat as well as for assassinations, but it turns out it is sort of usable in Valhalla, albeit only as an offhand weapon. If you use an offhand attack (Hold LB) without a second weapon equipped, Eivor will instead use the hidden blade. It takes a second or so to set up before the attack, but it deals a lot of damage if you use it right, and usually knocks the enemy down- combine it with the Stomp skill, and combat stops being a problem very quickly.

    Anyone found a way to use it as a main hand weapon?

    submitted by /u/R97R
    [link] [comments]

    They should add a storage chest in your room in Valhalla.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 05:37 PM PST

    I've got all this gear that I don't use as I only use one set. Since we can't dismantle, they should add an update containing a storage chest to put unused gear in.

    submitted by /u/ChungleDoore
    [link] [comments]

    Norwegian funfacts noticed when playing Valhalla

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 11:56 AM PST

    I'm norwegian and I started noticing a couple of funfacts that might not be apparent to everyone. I'm trying to note stuff that appears in the game that might be fun or interesting. I'm only at the beginning, so I figured I'd update with more stuff when and if they appear.

    • One of the first - if not the first island you arrive at is called Ikke En Oy (it's supposed to be Ikke En Øy), and it's a sentence, not a name, which directly translates to "Not an Island". Fitting, as it is quite a small island.
    • There's another place called "Mannskapsangrep", which directly means Crew Attack.
    • Stavanger, one of the big places you arrive at early is a major city in Norway today with the same name. It's very common to run into people from there, and they have a very characteristic accent.
    • Rygjafylke or Rogaland as it's called today is a major county. (Fylke means county).
    • Hordafylke or Hordaland as it's called today used to be a major county up until 31. December 2019, so it's just recently dissolved.
    • Nitpicky, but fiction set in Norway or produced elsewhere usually subtitle it as "skal" instead of "skÃ¥l", which is pronounced quite differently. Yet they always insist on everyone "skÃ¥ling" all the time.
    • There's been a few pronounciations of current norwegian words that are a bit english, even though the voice actors would know and likely point that out. It's not a dig, I personally buy the illusion of norwegian in this game and I really enjoy it. Reminds me of that interview with Roger Craig Smith where he went into the VA process, talking about how they had a dialect coach with them and sometimes deliberately pronounced some things in a more Spanish than Italian way for effect. I guess few other than native speakers would notice fine details, but it's fun to think about. I don't know Italian, but I bought the illusion of Ezio being one. Always wondered what real italians thought.
    • Honestly it was a bit surreal walking through the snow with SPRUCE everywhere. I can really place myself in that situation looking for a christmas tree, the cold (it's generally not as nailbitingly cold as it looks like), how the snow feels to slog through. Damn, it's cool to finally recognize an AC setting like this.
    • You meet people referred to as Drengr. In modern danish dreng means boy. So they quite literally and fittingly are the 'lost boys' - 'lost drengr'.
    • Last names like Sturlasson are obviously 'Sturlas' Son' - son of Sturla, a naming convention that persists today in many places.
    • You go to an Allthing (Allting), our modern government is still called the Storting, which literally means Great Thing. It gives a slightly off impression to English speakers as its been contracted for so long and perceived as a name, there's not as big an emphasis on it being a 'Thing' as it might seem.
    • Something-Thorpe (Torp) is common in many names for places today.

    Stuff like this makes me think about other games which might have internal jokes or funfacts that I wasn't supposed to pick up on. Anyone noticed anything from other games, maybe the ones where you knew the spoken language?

    submitted by /u/Mortific
    [link] [comments]

    My toughts on valhalla after 50 hours (long)

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 06:01 PM PST

    Im about 50 hours in (at power level 180) and have just completed the story arc in cent.

    Some things i like

    The way the story is structured into arcs is very well executed. It gives you breathing room to explore and do side content while still not messing up the pace of the story.

    I like the settlement, a place to call home and interact with people you have met in the story is cool. And also how the story is always centralized around ravensthorpe gives you a reason to care.

    I like the way they have handled gear, and how every piece is unique and can be upgraded so its still useful at any powerlevel. I just wish there were more armor sets, from my understanding there are currently 15 armor sets in the game but 4 of them are from the store and 1 is a twitch prime bonus. Im okay with fewer but unique armor sets but dont lock 1/3 of them behind a paywall.

    The combat feels like a good mix between the old games and the new games. It feels more heavy and brutal and enemies dont take more than 3-5 hits (except bosses ofc) and the abilities and finishers just make it even better.

    Also the game is HUGE, and i dont only mean the map but the content. You can explore norway, england, asgard, jotunheim and vinland, and thwy arw all stunningly beautiful and fun to explore. Every single region in england has its own story arc and after alot of arcs completed you see consequences if your decisions and progress to the overarching story.

    Social stealth, one hit assassinations and the hidden ones are back and i like it. We may never see the old style of ac again but its good to see some people at ubisoft (darby macdevitt) doesnt want to give up on the assassins creed in assassins creed.

    Some things i dont like.

    Why must almost ALL wealth be underground? Like was everyone just a vault dweller and hid their things underground? Most of the are just find key, or open hatch or some weird puzzle. Its fun the forst few times but after a while you just go insane with all of the under ground locations.

    The game still has alot of bugs, keys dissapear, wealth isnt collected, npcs in raids dont do anything, side missions get stuck or broken, and save corruption on pc. These are just some of the bugs i have encountered.

    Sorry for the long post, but i just wanted to put my toughts out there. So far im really enjoying it and havent played anything else since it came out.

    submitted by /u/Bazingu420
    [link] [comments]

    The Assassin's Creed games after Revelations should have followed the life of the 6 other legendary Assassin's featured in the secret chamber in the Villa in Assassin's Creed 2.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 07:01 PM PST

    That would have been cool.

    submitted by /u/GokusTheName
    [link] [comments]

    Love the immersion of this game but the snakes are just weird

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 10:03 AM PST

    As someone who is Black Country born and bred I know the UK does have some native snakes but they are all tiny and pretty much harmless (like 12 people have died from native snake bites in the last 200 years) so when I see a pit of giant python type things in game it does give me pause. A silly nitpick in I know but just seems odd af

    submitted by /u/loafhimself
    [link] [comments]

    This game has nearly everything I love about RPGs and I'm incredibly enjoying it.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 08:55 PM PST

    Hello, AC fans.

    Thank you for being in here. I know this is probably a thousandth post already but please at least allow me to share my opinion.

    I haven't been able to enjoy video games for quite some time. It feels like the passion has been lost. But I always love RPG genre. I love its freedom given to players. These days, I tend to play games with little expectation. But Assassin's Creed Valhalla is surprising me big time. It reminds me so much of the games I loved in the past.

    This game has one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard in years. The main menu one instantly invited me in. The scenery in the game is breathtaking and the lighting is just so good. The male Eivor's voice acting is top notch and so are many others'. I love the fact that exploring is really rewarding this time round. World event quests are great and fun. Even without compass, I barely get lost as I use the bird companion to scout the objectives. The gear system is amazing. Gear system is amazing, no more grinding!

    Since I just reached England and found out there's a settlement system, that made me love this game even more. I always love settlement mechanics. It brings the feeling of belonging, somehow.

    It's only 20 hours in and I already love it. This is only one of a few games I can't wait to get home from work and just immerse myself in. It's a rare feeling for me and I love being able to feel that I still can enjoy video games.

    Thank you everyone for reading and I wish you all a good day!

    submitted by /u/Agent_Gentlemen
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla: Warning there is a potentially game breaking segment early on

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 06:59 PM PST

    I'll try to be as vague as I can without spoiling something that SHOULD be really cool but could end up being catastrophic.

    Somewhat early on you will get the option to build the Seer's hut in your settlement. If you do this and the subsequent follow up quest, the game will, without warning, force you into a new gameplay area that is not recommended unless your character power level is a minimum of 90. YOU CANNOT LEAVE THIS AREA until you complete another quest, and if you are very underpowered you are going to be screwed when having to battle elite enemies that can make very short work of you (and a boss that may one-shot you).

    The only way to escape this loop of horror is reloading an earlier save.

    Very disappointing that Ubisoft didn't include a warning or a way to leave for the people who stumbled in without knowing any better. Really soured me on an otherwise enjoyable experience so far.

    submitted by /u/RadioJared
    [link] [comments]

    I really hope the next Assassins Creed has big Cities

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 06:50 AM PST

    I am enjoying Valhalla and I liked Origins and Oddysey as well but tbh I miss so much cities to explore. In these games, we barely have cities, it's all countryside and small villages that don't look particularly interesting. I like nature and it's nice to have it in games but I feel like here it's just too much of it. Assassins Creed franchise needs more urban environments, I think it's part of his charm, specially because of the parkour

    I really hope that they bring again huge cities to explore

    submitted by /u/Gonzito3420
    [link] [comments]

    AC: Valhalla Weapons and Armor Appearance Change

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 02:59 PM PST

    We need the option to change the look of our upgraded armor and weapons back to previous versions, a lot of the armor and weapons get a little to blingy for my taste. I'm a fan of the simple look, it looks a lot better in my opinion. We could customize Eivor's appearance even more with this, being able to mix and match all the different looks of all the different armor and weapons.

    submitted by /u/Sirhc101
    [link] [comments]

    There Is Currently An Exclusive Bundle Available For Those Subscribed To Twitch Prime

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 03:13 AM PST

    You can also get a free trial and then claim this and cancel it. I believe it is the only scalemail set in game. You'll get a gear set, a weapon, shield, mount, raven skin and some ship decorations.

    EDIT: Theres also a blood eagle ship pack available, check my posts to see how to get it.

    heres a link

    https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/acv?ingress=amzn&ref_=SM_ACV01_P1_CRWN

    submitted by /u/retro4877
    [link] [comments]

    PSA Switch to Master Assassin if you're being detected too easily

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 07:14 PM PST

    I know it sounds strange, but me and some friends were discussing this issue and I tried switching to Master Assassin as a YouTuber suggested, and strangely enough... it works! Enemies no longer detect me on the ceiling and through walls... The detection gauge fills slower too.. it's odd. Now it feels like normal AC again.

    submitted by /u/Yeetus_99
    [link] [comments]

    The brigandine armor is seriously amazing. And it makes you look like a Rider of Rohan

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 03:29 PM PST

    I absolutely love the brigandine armor set. If your playing a melee build it's a must. Plus using the Carolingian longsword and fyrd spear looks and feels op with this armors look.

    Plus I look like a rider of Rohan. It's amazing lol

    submitted by /u/Welder-
    [link] [comments]

    To duel wield or not to duel wield

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 06:32 PM PST

    Im around level 90 and have tried a combination of every weapon type in the game. I was very interested in duel wielding 2h weapons, but have found the damage is underwhelming for the off hand weapon mostly is used for its special ability. I was curious to see what the community had to share on their best duel wielding combinations and if anyone finds duel wielding 2h weapons is beneficial at all.

    submitted by /u/Pulse_Check
    [link] [comments]

    Odin’s Sight is Necessary for Raids

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 06:07 AM PST

    I don't know if it's the camera or the similar design of enemies, but during raids, I cannot tell friend from foe. i find myself spamming Odin's Sight just so I know who to hit. Anyone else experiencing this?

    submitted by /u/VforAnarchy
    [link] [comments]

    ACV should have a toggle hood option.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 10:20 PM PST

    Anyone else wish that there was a toggle hood option? I wear the mentor outfit and I love how the robes look, I love the hood, but I hate how heavy the cloak looks. I feel like we should be able to wear our hood but only have the cloak when in distrust areas.

    submitted by /u/Yoinkusyoinkus
    [link] [comments]

    [ FANMADE ] hey guys, just wanted to share with you a banner design that I've made featuring both male and female Eivor. Who do you like more ?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 01:14 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment