• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 2, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Get Ready for the 2020 Assassin's Creed Marathon! Coming soon!

    Assassin's Creed Get Ready for the 2020 Assassin's Creed Marathon! Coming soon!


    Get Ready for the 2020 Assassin's Creed Marathon! Coming soon!

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    The Assassin's Creed Marathon is back!


    Greetings, Assassins! We're incredibly excited to announce the return of the Assassin's Creed Marathon. This is our seventh annual playthrough of AC games, and this year we're counting down to the release of Assassin's Creed Valhalla on November 17th. Last time around, we played from AC1 to Rogue, so this year, we're focusing on the current-gen titles -- from Unity to Odyssey, including DLCs. We'll be playing for 67 days, starting September 11th. Join us in replaying the last six years of Assassin's Creed in anticipation of glorious Valhalla!


    HOW THE MARATHON WORKS


    The Assassin's Creed Marathon is a community-wide subreddit event, where each day, we play a sequence (or a few quests!) of an Assassin's Creed game. Beginning on September 11th, we will be posting daily discussion threads featuring fan art, wallpapers, helpful tips, suggested side quests and more. Participating in the discussion by commenting on the threads will make you eligible for an official giveaway of Assassin's Creed Valhalla goodies! It's a fun, advent calendar-style way to revisit your favorite games and count down to the new release.


    DISCUSSION AND GIVEAWAY


    After playing the day's sequence or quests, you can join us in the comments of the discussion thread to share your thoughts, experiences, analyses, ideas -- whatever you see fit. We love to see players asking and answering thoughtful discussion questions! You can also join us on the official Assassin's Creed Marathon Discord Server where we chat about the event, the games, and the streams.

    We are still working out the specifics for this year's giveaway prizes and eligibility requirements, so stay tuned for more information!


    SCHEDULE


    Here are the start dates for each title on this year's schedule:

    September 11th - Assassin's Creed Unity
    September 21st - Assassin's Creed Unity: Dead Kings
    September 23rd - Assassin's Creed Syndicate
    October 2nd - Assassin's Creed Syndicate: Jack the Ripper
    October 4th - The Assassin's Creed Movie
    October 5th - Assassin's Creed Origins
    October 15th - Assassin's Creed Origins: The Hidden Ones
    October 17th - Assassin's Creed Origins: Curse of the Pharaohs
    October 21st - Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    November 3rd - Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Legacy of the First Blade
    November 8th - Assassin's Creed Odyssey: The Fate of Atlantis
    November 17th - Assassin's Creed Valhalla Launches!

    Keep in mind that some days and sequences have been altered, merged, or divided for a better experience. We've also included three break days in the schedule, which are great for catching up on missed sequences or, y'know, taking a break! To look at the complete schedule of all content across all 67 days, check out our 2020 Schedule Spreadsheet.


    SEE YOU ON SEPTEMBER 11th!


    We're incredibly excited to revisit these games with you and celebrate the franchise we love. We hope to see familiar faces and new players alike joining us on this journey! If you have any questions, let us know in the comments and a Marathon Mentor will answer you.

    Follow us on Twitter || Follow us on Instagram

    submitted by /u/ACMarathon
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone play Odyssey just for stress relief?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 03:39 PM PDT

    I'm feeling really anxious these days due to covid and the general state of the economy (and living alone with like 0 social interactions) andI find booting up AC Odyssey I can decompress just by traveling around,soaking up the gorgeous graphics and the many things to do and find. Anyone else use it for de-stressing, or is it just me?

    submitted by /u/Rehsaleid
    [link] [comments]

    [Contains Spoilers] Assassin's Creed Valhalla - 14 Traditional "Assassin's Creed" Elements in the game

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 09:06 AM PDT

    Just beat The Ezio trilogy for the first time. [Spoilers]

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    So, I had played a bit of 2 and Brotherhood in the past, but never beat them. Now that I have, along with Revelations, I can see why people like Ezio so much.

    Just some of my thoughts:

    AC2

    Pros: I like the overall story, and the motivation behind it. Going from a young kid, to a seasoned veteran works really well.

    Cons: Holy shit those controls are bad. I failed more times because of wonky controls more than anything else. Also, some of the time skips are a bit... long, would have been better if there was more to fill in the gaps.

    Brotherhood

    Pros: The controls are better! =D

    Cons: Honestly, I found it to be the weakest of the 3. The gameplay is better, but the overall story just didnt have a lot of payoff.

    Revelations

    Pros: I really like the personal side of the story, I'm a huge sucker for character driven stuff. The Sofia and Altair stories were GREAT. Love the hookblade, and the huge set pieces.

    Cons: Does every mission need to be a fucking tailing mission? Jesus. Also the Constantinople stuff I just didnt care that much for, until it crossed over with Sofia, the last couple missions were fun.

    While I would say that AC2 is the best game, Revelations is my personal favorite.

    I was a little disappointed that Brotherhood and Revelations were so short, but I got the whole trilogy on sale for $12, so I cant really complain, lol

    Seriously though, bring back the hook blade!

    submitted by /u/Quantum_Paradoxigm
    [link] [comments]

    Musical connection between Revelations and AC3

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 07:24 PM PDT

    Pretty much all the games have their own distinct musical style and pieces (with the exception of "Ezio's Family" which has a recurring role in the series), but recently I had played through AC3 and I couldn't help but notice that, in the mission where Connor fights Haytham inside of Fort George, you can hear a piece of the main theme from Revelations. I don't know if this was just a coincidence or intentional, but if it was intentional it's a nice throwback.

    2:19-2:40 https://youtu.be/6F8rQbGXlvc?t=139

    3:12-3:32 https://youtu.be/qOvw6t-cxOs?t=192

    submitted by /u/i-got-a-jar-of-rum
    [link] [comments]

    Can you beat assassin's creed 4 without the jackdaw?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 11:38 AM PDT

    So I recently got the rebel collection on switch, and I've been playing a lot of assassin's creed 4. I got to a part where you needed to find some ship called the El Arca Del Maestro, and I was about to hop on my ship when I noticed the beacon that said the goal was nearly 2000 meters away could decrease if I just swam closer. So, I ditched my boat and crew and started to swim over to the objective. I actually got decently far, and eventually the beacon just disappeared and I saw a massive ship, that I thought might be what I was looking for. It got too far away and I got shot down by a gunboat easily, but it gave me the idea: how far could you get by just ditching the Jackdaw? Has anyone else tried this?

    submitted by /u/Pokefan180
    [link] [comments]

    My Eivor acrylic painting ;-)

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 01:50 PM PDT

    Anything to improve Unity texture pop in on ps4

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 10:03 PM PDT

    Hey all, I'm having alot of trouble with pop in on texture and people on the street in unity. Is this common? I'm a couple hours in and people are popping in constantly on the street, textures pop in, and characters even turn into different people. Can anything fix this? I have a disc version. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Bellend-Tornado
    [link] [comments]

    AC Origins: What to do with Ttrinkets?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 06:26 PM PDT

    I know theres a Achievement for selling 100 of them, but is there another use for them?

    submitted by /u/Shadow_Zack
    [link] [comments]

    Origins to Odyssey Changes in Physics

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    I just started AC Odyssey after completing AC Origins, and all I have to say so far is... WTF is with the physics in this game? Why the hell did they make it so loose and unreal? It's like they hd no budget and didn't want to use what they already had. I feel it went from feeling like a real human traversing terrain and climbing (Origins), to a cheap-feeling Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man (Odyssey). Did anyone else notice this? I can't seem to get used to it, and I'm hoping with time that I will. It just feels so much more cheap (for lack of better word) than Origins.

    submitted by /u/NtertainMePlease
    [link] [comments]

    [Odyssey - PS4 Pro] Experiencing some freeze for several seconds (loading) while free roaming Greece. Is that normal?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    Very rare times, if I'm galloping through the open world (Greece or Elysium) there's might be some occasions where the game stops to load (...the world, I guess), is not alarmingly frequent but noticeable. Is that normal?

    submitted by /u/robreras
    [link] [comments]

    Will there be no Valhalla at next Ubi forward event?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    They showed a trailer for the next Ubi forward event and showd nothing of Valhalla but showed WDL, gods and monsters (or whatever it's called now) and their battle royale. Nothing else. But a game director for Valhalla tweeted this, https://twitter.com/BenoitRicher/status/1300498852693377027?s=20

    It's been about 2 months now. They have to show a new demo for Valhalla, or atleast a trailer. I really want to see how much more polished their newest build is. Also I really want to see city gameplay and social stealth. (Also hope to God theyve made the cloak physics better)

    submitted by /u/AC4life234
    [link] [comments]

    I made an assassin's creed shanty remix - "Billy Riley"

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    Does Fate Of Atlantis DLC getter better (spoilers)

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 09:01 AM PDT

    I am playing the first part, Elysium. While I admit the place looks pretty, I also am super bored from the endless fetch missions and the empty world... go get this horse, go rescue the son of a random woman, go get this vial from a cave. Every thing is just so random and the story just does not show any progression... I just wanted to ask whether the story telling gets more interestng in second or third parta because otherwise I can't see myself ever finishing this DLC

    Edit: Thx everyone for your answers. It looks like I am halting my DLC run for indefinate duration...

    submitted by /u/Maraguma11
    [link] [comments]

    Theory: The Norse Gods are Isu

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 06:50 PM PDT

    As we've seen in the past with the Roman and Greek Pantheons of Gods, they are all Isu. Hades, Zeus, Poseidon, Hekate, Persephone, Juno, Minerva, Jupiter. The list goes on. The majority of this post could just be a list of all the Greek and Roman Gods who Isu. But given the fact that they are Isu, and are Gods irl, it's not too far fetched to say that the Norse Gods are Isu as well. That means the likes of Thor, Odin, Loki, and others will be added to the list if they haven't been already in the past.

    OP's Note: In case I am wrong, or it has already been confirmed, please feel free let me know.

    submitted by /u/NotASalamanderBoi
    [link] [comments]

    Bayek's aloofness with Isu stuff combined with his overly religious attitude is annoying

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 12:26 PM PDT

    Replaying Origins now it is annoying how Bayek is all religious and what not but when exposed to Isu stuff in the game game and what not, he makes no comments. Not sure if this was deliberate by the devs or something they overlooked. The gamer sees these things as Isu artifacts but Bayek never comments. When going into a temple and activating a device talking about events Desmond did in 2012 along with odd effects and imagery, Bayek just stands there as says NOTHING. At least with Ezio when this happened he reacted to it.

    Again, not sure if this was meant to be or devs just got lazy here.

    submitted by /u/MajesticJazz
    [link] [comments]

    What is the 5th act in assassin's creed Origins?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 12:16 PM PDT

    So I played ac origins and got to the "ending", but when I looked at the achievements there was a 5th act and I didn't finish the main quest achievement. What is it?

    submitted by /u/theoddmanager
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoiler]I wanna get this weapon but I dont know it's name can anybody help me?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 07:58 AM PDT

    I have technically all weapon styles except one ; a legendary heavy bladed weapon, it kinda looks like the spiked axe ; anybody know it's name? It's from assassin's creed odyssey.

    submitted by /u/thatoneguyata--party
    [link] [comments]

    I got AC Unity and I’m enjoying it, but have a question: is there a way to turn off the alert for being connected/disconnected online or turn of online altogether?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    The place I live in has really shoddy internet, so the connected/disconnected alert pops up all the time and it's annoying. I just want the alert off honestly.

    submitted by /u/Koolkid692
    [link] [comments]

    Assassins Vs Templars Who is right?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 03:42 AM PDT

    My opinion is that both can be right or wrong depending on the situation. For example, Haytham and Shay were good templars because they genuinely wanted to do good for the people, to lead them to the right path. All the other Templars were greedy, selfish bastards and that is why I can see the hate for Templars from the Assassins. However, even assassins are not totally correct, free will is nice but people will do a lot of crimes like rape, murder, stealing etc. So I think Assassins and Templars should cooperate with each other so that there is free will but also there is some degree of control so that people will stay on the right path. Basically something like a democracy. But unfortunately it seems that the Assassins and the Templars hate each other.

    submitted by /u/TheChosenOne_101
    [link] [comments]

    Do you agree with me about this new AC game idea

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 01:16 PM PDT

    I have an idea for upcoming assassin's creed games and that is : there is 3 assassin's creed games called Assassin's Creed Chronicles that one of then was based in russia , the other one in china , and the third one in india and my idea is that they should remake these games in 3d like all other ac games because if they did that would be sick. Because these games were in 2d and gameplay wise not that good and if you think about them lore wise there is some good stuff in them idk about and the indian ones but i know that the protagonist in the chinese one is shao jun which is ezio's last apprentice before he died so that is amazing for a new game to make it tell the story of shao jun while training with ezio and after ezio died no?
    Ps: the russian one is based after the revolution which is amazing as well

    submitted by /u/4ras_gh
    [link] [comments]

    Have you ever noticed that there are no female targets?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 04:15 PM PDT

    I haven't played the new games much, but I remember that from AC1-AC4, there were never any female targets. I understand that women didn't have as much power back then, but there surely would have been at least a couple of important Templar women from the 12th to the 18th century. Weird.

    submitted by /u/phillip-danikiewicz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment