• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 19, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Remember the good 'ole days when literally the only gripe everyone had was that being taken back to the modern day was annoying because we just wanted to play as the Assassin?

    Assassin's Creed Remember the good 'ole days when literally the only gripe everyone had was that being taken back to the modern day was annoying because we just wanted to play as the Assassin?


    Remember the good 'ole days when literally the only gripe everyone had was that being taken back to the modern day was annoying because we just wanted to play as the Assassin?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 03:11 PM PDT

    None of this canon vs non-canon, gender vs gender, rpg vs linear, gameplay vs story, lore vs revision, purist vs progressive, Assassin vs Warrior, II vs Odyssey, Unity-coulda-been-the-best vs Unity-is-crap, hook vs blade.

    When this constant picking-of-sides and arguing wasn't a thing and we all agreed that AC was nearly perfect because it actually had structure for what it was and where it was going. The biggest argument we had was "are the Assassins right or are the Templars actually right?"

    This isn't a "bash the new games" post; I just miss the days when AC felt like it knew what it was and where it was going. I personally really enjoy playing Odyssey even though I'm disappointed in a lot of the changes it made to the series.

    I just always scroll through all these gripes and bickering every day, and had a brief reprieve when I remembered playing the Desmond titles and (aside from slowness of story sometimes) we basically only had one gripe and it was totally livable. I dunno, felt nice.

    submitted by /u/WingsOfReason
    [link] [comments]

    Late to the party, but... Syndicate makes me laugh!

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 08:24 AM PDT

    "Warning! Assassins did not kill civilians."

    - Evie, driving down the pavement while going after the trophies: "I hope pedestrians count as destructibles."

    submitted by /u/Alex_Scotland
    [link] [comments]

    I think Eivor’s character is a mix of Bayek(as a hidden one) and Edward(as a Viking)

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 09:08 PM PDT

    I just came back to AC and wow... (Odyssey)

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 01:02 PM PDT

    Long post because I'm amazed at what AC has become.

    I still remember the hype I had when the first AC was revealed, looked amazing, but when I played on its release... it was great, but, nothing like the first impression I got the first time I played Prince of Persia Sands of Time. It felt kind of boring to me after a while. Then I played AC 2 and yeah, this one was amazing, tons of fun, and I loved studying the renaissance period. Interacting will some historical characters I studied was something extraordinary at the time for me. Then I played Brotherhood and was boring again, then I stopped playing AC. Mostly because I also didn't enjoy the "present-day" plot or characters.

    When I first heard of Origins it got my interest, I loved studying ancient Egypt, but Ubisoft games at that time had too many "to-do list" kind of objectives, so I skipped.

    Last weekend, with the Ubisoft event sale... I got Odyssey, mostly because Ancient Greece is by far the Historical time I love the most, studied the most, and researched the most, and God of War went into babysitting mode to the north, so, I had to go back to Ancient Greece.

    Kephallonia was fun, but, when I reached a big greek city or better... Athens, wow, I'm not kidding, I almost cried. Since I was in school, studying these ancient civilizations, I always wanted to explore them, how they were. Not watch them in movies, I wanted to feel like being there, even if it was impossible without a time machine. Drawings and pictures were not enough. I traveled into some places around Greece over the years (aegean sea is amazing during summer btw!), but everything was... you know... in ruins. The first time I went to the Acropolis of Athens, I felt I was in an extremely important place in world history, it felt heavy with history, I would love to see it in its golden age.

    I was shocked when the Acropolis in AC Odyssey was a complete recreation of the real thing. It felt like a wish come true. I could finally see all the details, how it could have looked, how amazing it was. I could compare the places from the photos I took on my travels. I can notice the huge amount of work the team did on the design of the entire Odyssey world map. I love the gameplay also, it's repetitive but, damn, I never get bored of it, since every place has a different strategy I need to find out and new vistas to explore, I'm only 30h in though. I feel like a tourist in this game. (It's still a to-do list kind of game, but... it doesn't feel as bad as others. The "clue-system" is much more fun than just giving me the place to go).

    Interacting with historical characters is the cherry on top. Not entirely historically accurate, but, fun and amusing.

    I also got Origins on the sale now to play after I finish Odyssey since the Odyssey world is such an amazing place, I want to see Egypt. This is by far one of the best games I've played so far. I understand that is far from perfect, maybe an 8/10 (for me a 9 at least), but, it's all I ever wanted, and I'm so happy this game exists.

    Sorry for the long post, but, I just needed to write this. I'm not a big fan of Norse Mythology or Vikings, but, I'm back to AC, and will play the next game for sure. (I love Northern music themes though).

    submitted by /u/BioDioPT
    [link] [comments]

    Origins was so well reviewed game, it deserved more space. Ubisoft did not have to hurry with Odyssey.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 04:44 PM PDT

    It seems like people almost forgot how well Origins was received, everybody loved it. Just like good old days for AC, there was no that much negative critics and after Unity and Syndicate, Assassin's Creed started to be in 'trending' like before. Origins did not break the lore with some unnecessary things Odyssey had, at least it was about Assassins, first Assassins. It has cities Alexandria and Cyrene, where you could feel like yoy are playing Assassin's Creed game. It had potential to grow, people were expecting sequel in Rome and everybody would love it even more with some new improvements. But instead of giving more space to 'popular' Origins, they announced Odyssey just year after. And there went first negative critics because it has nothing to do with Assassins, then about breaking lore with multiple endings, not having big cities. Now with Valhalla, people are little bit sceptic, but I'm sure that would not be the case if they did everything after giving more space to Origins and making Odyssey better Assassin's Creed game.

    submitted by /u/oaleebih
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla wil have visual upgrades to gear.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    Valhalla wil have visual upgrades to gear.

    https://preview.redd.it/63y3ml6gcmb51.png?width=933&format=png&auto=webp&s=ae05ad665f3fa164e2a6b7b1984611976df0544c

    Looking through some AC:V demo footage I came across something quite interesting. Eivor appears to have same gear set (Raven Clan set) in all the demos but sometimes it appears differently. For instance here, Eivor is wearing a black fur cloak and a hood with red trimming in one image, but in the other he is wearing a brown fur cloak with roughly stitched hood. The same appears for his bracers, tunic and sash.

    In the menu, when given the option to upgrade a piece of gear, it seems we have a limited amount of upgrades making me thing its a similar system to Origins (although I hope we can change the appearance after the upgrade in case we like the starting look more than the fully upgraded look).

    I also thing that we can visually upgrade weapons too, as in all the posters and promotional images, Eivor's weapons are highly detailed but in the demo, his weapons look the same but without the carvings and look more battered.

    I think this a pretty neat feature, especially if we can change the appearance at any time. It will also make armour sets much more unique.

    submitted by /u/HCD_3014
    [link] [comments]

    Jesper Kyd has returned to the Creed: Let's talk about "Out of the North"!

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 07:21 PM PDT

    The Out of the North EP released yesterday, featuring tracks composed by Sarah Schachner (AC: Origins), Einar Selvik (Wardruna, Vikings), and of course, the inimitable Jesper Kyd (Assassin's Creed 1 — Revelations).

    Tracklist: 1. Out of the North - Jesper Kyd 2. The Sceptred Isle - Sarah Schachner 3. Holmgang - Jesper Kyd 4. Kingdom of Wessex - Jesper Kyd 5. The Tree of Life - Sarah Schachner 6. The Guardian - Sarah Schachner 7. Hrafnsmál - The Words of the Raven - Einar Selvik

    AC: Valhalla's score enters a gaming zeitgeist already crowded with medieval and Norse-inspired titles. In the released tracks, Valhalla's talented composers embrace contemporary musical choices made within thematically relevant media (2018's God of War, The Witcher, History's "Vikings"), while also harkening back to the iconic scores of past AC titles.

    Traditional instruments are creatively used to create a haunting, pulsing atmosphere in Schachner's "The Guardian". Dark, almost industrial strings and rasping horns build and swirl; there's a lot of Origins and Black Flag DNA in this track.

    The standout for me, however, is Kyd's "Kingdom of Wessex". Here, a familiar choir of female vocalists evoke a captivating mysticism. There's an Arthurian aura to this track, and the nostalgia of Kyd's prior work is accompanied by the thrill of a fresh take: I cannot wait to hear more.

    Selvik's performance on "Words of the Raven" is as strong and striking as ever, with more of the exquisite Norse folk traditional music that has become his signature.

    Overall, I'm very excited about Valhalla's soundtrack, as I've been a huge fan of Medieval, Celtic and Norse music for many years, and it seems like this score will be a distinctive addition to the Assassin's Creed soundtrack family.

    What does everyone else think?

    What are your favorite tracks? What are you excited about from Valhalla's music and sound design?

    submitted by /u/oblongmonkey
    [link] [comments]

    How 'canon' works in the Assassin's Creed franchise

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 02:02 AM PDT

    A lot of people seem confused as to what is and is not canon in AC, how "canon" is meant to function. Some take the stance that "if you can choose to kill or not kill guard #367, then there can be no canon, everything is just gameplay choices." That doesn't really understand how it works. In AC, you are playing as a person in the modern day, who is living through a computer simulation of a person's life. The simulation reflects the things that person would remember about their life, and then fills in pointless details arbitrarily. They remember the big stuff, they would not remember the exact face of every person they walked past in a crowd, so the computer fills in the blanks using generic models, which is why random guards and NPCs fall into archetypes.

    It is not meant to be a 1:1 representation of every second of that person's life, but neither is it meant to be a fictionalization of that person's life, ala "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter." The entire point of the historical narrative existing is to teach the modern day character something important that they can use to solve a problem in the present. If the historical narrative is allowed to deviate too far from the "reality," then it loses any educational value.

    Some elements of the plot are "important," such as the canon identity of the protagonist, which primary named characters do or do not die, the basic story structure of the game, and the player has no control over these aspects. They are what they are, and cannot be anything else while remaining canon to the "history" of the game's world. Some elements are "unimportant," like the exact steps that a character takes, the exact sequence of combat moves he makes, exactly how many or which specific guards he killed on the way to the target. When remembering that story back, whether he did or did not kill his target would be a bright memory. Whether he killed 4 guards along the entry route or 5, and what each looked like, would be more hazy, so the player is given more leeway over that. Some things are purely simulation, like the costume choice of the character. If you're wearing Altair's robes in Valhalla, clearly that isn't canon, and isn't meant to be, it's just a graphical overlay on top of the historical narrative. If you as the player choose to ignore a sidequest, that does not mean that the historical character canonically ignored it as well, it just means that at some point, off camera, they took care of it whether you did or not.

    The simple, TL;DR version of this is, take a popular movie that you know well. Find a comprehensive synopsis of that movie online. The "reality" of the game's historical narrative is the contents of that movie, every line and shot. The "gameplay version" of the historical narrative would be the synopsis, a breakdown of each important action that takes place in the movie, but without getting overly specific as to every single line of dialogue or how each sword swing takes place. The player has the option of fudging details within the movie, changing unimportant lines of dialogue or changing how an action scene paces itself out, but should never be capable of contradicting anything important enough that it would make the synopsis of the story, such as whether named characters live or the core identity of a primary character.

    submitted by /u/ohoni
    [link] [comments]

    Why Did Frederick Abberline Seem So Sad?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 10:35 PM PDT

    In Syndicate, after I collected all the bounties and went to go meet Frederick, instead of just saying thank you like the other associates when you reach max level with them he basically just said "good job" and then walked away. But he seemed upset and like he was lamenting something, and he also sort of looked like he had been crying. Was he just upset that our partnership was over or what?

    submitted by /u/Logandh3
    [link] [comments]

    Did you notice that as of this year, Ubisoft made 3 Londons? How cool is that?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    And all of them at different times

    submitted by /u/MasterDviros
    [link] [comments]

    What are some hopes for assassins creed valhalla

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 11:03 PM PDT

    So I've pre ordered assassins creed valhalla and I would like to know some of your hopes for the game this can be anything from sparking a huge war to having a child.

    submitted by /u/Joseph__stalin-
    [link] [comments]

    The Lost Archive is absolutely terrible

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 07:04 AM PDT

    I know Revelations is very old, but I have to get these frustrations out!

    Im almost done with the platinum for AC Revelations, only missing two trophies in The Lost Archive and two in the real game. I have two admit that The Lost Archive is the absolute worst DLC I have ever played. I understand that they want to tell the story of Subject 16 which is a great idea. But it is the completely wrong way to do it. They should have made some missions while playing as subject 16 and the whole story of how he ended up at Abstergo etc... It would have been better. But I also think its a bad DLC, because it is incredibly boring and repetitive. The levels are pretty much the same, they just get a little harder as you progress. Once again I know this game is old but I had to get it out. Anyone else who has the same thoughts about this as me or am I just completely out there?

    submitted by /u/Olaf_Moldt
    [link] [comments]

    Assassins creed combat in future games

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 08:36 AM PDT

    Having played ghost of Tsushima recently (this games amazing btw) it made me realise how much the combat in assassins creed needs to improve.

    The combat in ghost of Tsushima is tight, gory and brutal but most importantly, it looks realistic!

    In a way though in reminded me of the combat in recent assassins creed games,

    Would you like to see the combat in future assassins creed games evolve into something of a similar style as Ghost? Or are you happy with the direction it's currently heading?

    submitted by /u/jb00705
    [link] [comments]

    Assassins (Hidden Ones) insignia tattoo for Eivor

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 11:32 PM PDT

    I would love that. We could unlock once we've fully interacted with the Hidden Ones at some point. I know it kinda doesn't make sense since the brotherhood is supposed to be secret and having a tattoo with their insignia exposes them, but still.

    submitted by /u/Bruhurb69420
    [link] [comments]

    First hidden blade [SPOILERS from AC Origins to AC Odyssey]

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 02:52 PM PDT

    Hello boys and girls of the AC Community!

    I'm having a hard time understanding the type of blade Darius used to kill Xerxes. I hope I'm not the only one and I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed...

    I really want to keep an open mind here, but this clearly convinces me that Ubisoft hasn't been caring too much about plot wholes or the lore connections that exists between every game.

    From here, you might encounter some spoilers ahead so keep scrolling down at your own risk.

    In Assassin's Creed 2, we see his statue, along with the information that he indeed killed Xerxes with his hidden blade, and, as shown, we see it's the classic hidden blade that we've been seeing so far.

    In AC Origins, Aya presents to Bayek the blade that we're going to use, and even teaches him how to use it.

    And, of course, she clearly explains Bayek that it was indeed the type of blade that was used to kill Xerxes (who was killed by the assassin Darius)

    AND THEN...................

    In AC Odissey, in the 'Legacy of the first blade' DLC, we see a flashback to the time Xerxes was killed by Darius.

    We've been told the type of blade he used and suddenly NOPE

    NOPE NOPE NOPE

    So, I might be in the wrong here, but did Ubi did this on purpose? Is there a logical explanation for this? And even if there is, WHY CHANGE THE TYPE OF BLADE? Just to introduce it for the next title?

    I insist, I'm completely open to a logical explanation if there's ever one, but seriously, this would only prove that Ubi just cares about making a brand new RPG type of game than actually caring to keep making sense on this seriously EPIC story that I personally been folowing for more than TEN YEARS NOW!

    Give me your thoughts, and let me know if the photos uploaded are violating some sort of rule in the subreddit community.

    submitted by /u/Thomonade
    [link] [comments]

    Fan Art Emperor Napoleon versus Assassins

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 12:23 AM PDT

    Does any one like AC3? (Spoiler and Rant Warning)

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 07:42 PM PDT

    TEXT WALL WARNING!!!

    I just relayed played 3 after getting 1 and 2,and I now have trouble liking the game. I'd like to hear good things about the game that I may have over looked.

    To me, Conor seems like a very 2 dimensional person, I could tell he's extremely compassionate when it comes to his little homestead village, but every other emotion is serious and it doesn't seem like he can feel any other emotion.

    I also don't really like how the counter feature was changed to holding the button instead of the more realistic and smooth looking deflect ability in the original Assassin's Creed. I also don't appreciate how when your controller mysteriously disconnects, your game doesn't pause itself. So I could be in the middle of a fight and my controller would spaz out for a second or accidentally unplug it and Conor would die because the game didn't cause it's off and I became a punching bag.

    I really like the storyline, but I don't like how in the middle of sequence, 3, you get blue ballsed and you suddenly switch characters while still getting used to Conner's dad. This led me into thinking that Conner was a bad guy, and we're just seeing him grow up.

    I I really like the new animations for assassinations and sneak kills, but I don't like how, if you assassinate a single person with another person nearby, even if their back is turned to they'll notice. Assassin's Creed one you were able to walk by a guard and stab them, and have the guard next to them actually surprised that their friend is dead. This leads to an investigation, investigation failing and they just forget about it and you never have to pay for it, but instead, you can't really kill anybody, even if its the most sneaky kill without them noticing.

    I don't like how every single guard and soldier has perfect vision, I tried to take out a fort with being noticed as little as possible and ended up accidentally killing every guard in the fort. I don't how, when they notice you and are starting to investigate you, you can't hide without them getting even more suspicious, realistically, they would be more suspicious you hid, but this is Assassin's Creed, the game that allows you to jump on a guard and kill him from 3 stories up without taking any damage. I don't see that there would be any reason for them to get and most suspicious.

    If you read this all, thank you.

    submitted by /u/anarchist_effigy
    [link] [comments]

    "False Paradise" from Freedom Cry may be the most beautiful track I've heard in any AC game.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 07:41 PM PDT

    Wow, what an unexpectedly gorgeous melody. The fact that you first hear it among the tranquility of the liberated Port-au-Prince plantation makes it that much better. It truly feels like a cinematic piece, something you'd expect to hear in a historical drama. Easily one of my favorite tracks now.

    Just thought I'd share.

    submitted by /u/SimpleWayfarer
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need to know the Kenway Family backstory or characters to understand AC4?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 10:06 PM PDT

    I got the AC4 for free and It's going to be my first AC. I've done some research and since people usually say that you need knowledge of the older games to understand I decided to watched a summary until the end of 3.

    I've got a grasp of the whole situation about the first civilization creating humans and the templars wanting the devices they used to control humans, and the assassins fighting back, etc. And that basically by the end of AC3 Desmond dies protecting earth and unleashes Juno .

    So, do I need to know anything else? The recaps and summary didn't cover any important info about the Kenway family. I would like to know if that is something in the wiki that is important knowing but that won't spoil me also.

    Ty in advance!

    submitted by /u/Tourage
    [link] [comments]

    Should Eivor have been portrayed as a Norwegian or as a Dane? (Short historical analysis)

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 07:20 PM PDT

    I've seen this question pop up a couple of times, not only here but in other places as well. It mostly consists of people being upset that Eivor is portrayed as a Norwegian, despite the invasion of England in 845 supposedly being made up mostly by Danes. A counter-argument has been that the word ''Dane'' supposedly referred to all Scandinavians, which is something that i'll show below. (TLDR at the end of the text)

    All of the old texts mentioning this army does seem to portray them as a majority of Danes, and some of them also portrays the army itself as having set sail from Denmark. The leaders of the army are also given a danish origin through them supposedly being sons of Ragnar Lothbrok. All of these notions are challenged by modern historians however.

    ''Whereas Ragnar's sons are historical figures, opinion regarding their father is divided. Modern academia regards most of the stories about him to be fiction. According to Hilda Ellis Davidson writing in 1979, Although his sons are historical figures, there is no evidence that Ragnar himself ever lived and he seems to be an amalgam of historical figures and literary invention.''

    The army itself isn't believed to have set sail from Denmark anymore either.

    "In regards to the great heathen army it is now generally agreed that they arrived in Britain directly from Ireland where Ívarr, (The Ivar of the Ui Imair Dynasty, not Ivar the Boneless, though many historians believe them to be the same person) the senior partner by 865, had been active for at least a decade" (Alex Woolf, British medieval historian and academic.)

    And the army itself?

    ''The 10th century Vita Alfredi seems to allege that the invaders came specifically from Denmark. However, a more general Scandinavian origin may be evident in the Chronicon Æthelweardi (late 10th century), which states that "the fleets of the tyrant Ingware (Norse Ivár) arrived in England from the north".[10] The documentary evidence as a whole, and modern archaeological research, suggests that the Great Army was not a homogeneous force, but a composite of warbands from different parts of Scandinavia (and possibly other parts of Europe).''

    The word "Dane" could mean different things depending on who was using the term and how. In most of our Western European sources (Latin and Anglo-Saxon), it simply referred to anyone who spoke Old Norse ("Danish")

    The terms used to describe vikings in 'The Anglo-Saxon Chronicle' in annals 787–954 varied in popularity over time. The term wicin('viking'/'pirate') is employed in annals 879 and 885 and then only used once more in version A, in annal 917. Norðmenn is recorded in annal 787 – unlikely to be a contemporary record – and then reappears in 920 (version A), 937, and 942.17 Dene is similarly infrequent, with occurrences in annals 900, 917, 942, and 943. Overall, Denisc, used as an adjective or a noun, was most frequently employed to label vikings in 'The Anglo-Saxon Chronicle' throughout the ninth and early tenth centuries.

    Paul Bibire, (Author and former lecturer in the Department of English Language and Literature at the University of St Andrews) pointed out that an adjectival form of the word Norðmenn (which is usually taken to mean 'Norwegian') does not appear in Old English until the eleventh century. Denisc (Danish) might therefore apply to all Scandinavians in the ninth and tenth centuries. (Dr Clare Downham, Department of Celtic & Gaelic)

    ''In versions B, C, D, and E of 'The Anglo-Saxon Chronicle' under the year 787 there is an account of a viking-attack, in which Norðmenn is shown to be equivalent to denisce menn: 'on his dagum coman ærest .iii. scipu Norðmanna; … þæt wæron þa ærestan scipu deniscra manna þe Angelcynnes land gesohtan' ('and in his days there came for the first time three ships of Norðmenn … Those were the first ships of Denisc men which came to the land of the English'). Furthermore in the D-text under the year 943 a king Óláfr and his followers are identified as Dene but, in the previous year, they are taken to be Norðmenn. These records challenge assumptions which scholars have made about the ethnic connotation of these labels. '' ( Dr Clare Downham, Department of Celtic & Gaelic, )

    ''The Anglo Saxon Chronicle' does not demonstrate that 'Danes' and 'Norwegians' were distinct factions in the ninth and tenth centuries, and neither does the place-name evidence.The desire to distinguish 'Danish' and 'Norwegian' influence in Viking-Age England can be traced back to the political and cultural agenda of various Scandinavian and Insular scholars working in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. These views were elaborated into theories of 'Anglo-Danish' and 'Hiberno-Norwegian' rivalry.'' (Dr. Clare Downham)

    Personally i don't see anything wrong with the main character being of Norwegian origin. From what i've seen from the gameplay videos they've pretty much managed to fit in what is mentioned above as well. Eivor and his Norwegians are referred to as Danes in the game, which is accurate given what is written above, despite them being from Norway, and therefore Norwegians.

    TLDR: The word ''Dane'' likely referred to all Scandinavians during the early viking age. (Until the 11th Century) The Great Heathen Army has also been found to have been made up of different warbands of Scandinavians and having set sail from Ireland.

    submitted by /u/itsalexdean
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know if you have to romance in order to recruit? I just started Odyssey.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 10:01 PM PDT

    Since it's a requirement and I don't know what to put here

    submitted by /u/ChronofangX
    [link] [comments]

    Digital Foundry - Assassin's Creed Valhalla PC Hands-On: Early Tech Breakdown

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 06:19 AM PDT

    I’ve played through the first 5 games

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 09:36 AM PDT

    After playing assassins creed origins and odyssey, I wanted to see the roots of the series and what I missed. I'm going to say my thoughts on the first 5 chronologically. (Side note: played the First game on Xbox 360, then the rest on PS4)

    Assassins creed I:

    In my honest opinion I thought it was a alright game but it hasn't really aged well. The stealth was good but I didn't really thinking I was a stealthy assassin. The combat is easy in my opinion you just have to stay in block position and wait for an attack and counter it, though the kill animations were nice. The Parkour was just clunky, it went in directions sometimes I didn't want to go to and the climbing was just slow as hell. I thought the story was decent enough, though Altair is a bit underdeveloped and the voice was off for me. it's my least favourite out of the 5.

    Assassins Creed II:

    I this one was way better than the first, the parkour felt more refined and not moving in directions I didn't want to go very much. The stealth I felt was improved on greatly like going into a group of people makes you invisible and you can double assassinate and I also like that you can't just kill people Willy-nilly you had to be cautious because it filled an awareness level and if you fill it, the Guards would notice you even outside the restricted area, of course it was fair and gave you task to get rid of the level like tearing down posters, Bribing speakers and killing witnesses. The combat was the same though I think the AI got a bit better as i did have a harder time unlike the first. The Parkour felt a bit more refined but that could be me just getting used to the controls, the climbing was the same but the extra jump ability did make it faster. The story I thought was great, I loved it through the beginning and the end, and a great cliffhanger, this made me intrigued.

    Assassins Creed Brotherhood:

    I thought this was great as well, the Parkour felt the same but that wasn't bad. The stealth was the same as before besides the crossbow which was very good for trail missions. The combat was basically the same except the kill streak which I bloody love, it made me feel like a badass just killing them left and right, I also liked the Brotherhood mechanic though I didn't use it much until way later after I levelled all of them up to Assassins. The story I liked, it was nice it made me laugh at some points like when he ties Lucrezia at the curtain in the Da Vinci Disappearance missions, though I thought At the end of Ezio story was well a bit rushed but that cliffhanger for the Modern Story kinda saved it.

    Assassins Creed Revelations:

    This one I thought was another great game, the parkour stayed basically the same except with the hook where you can grab onto stuff if you are about to fall to the ground or to get to a farther platform. Stealth was the same but it was not as easy as before to remove your awareness level as there were no posters this time. Combat was the same really, not much to talk besides the interesting getting two groups to fight though it barely happened and I also barely used the Brotherhood mechanic even after making them at a very high level. The story I thought was very interesting in this one, I loved how they ended Ezio story that he just left the Creed because he wanted a normal life with a family as he is around 50 at this point, I also liked the modern story maybe not as much as Ezio's but it still I liked it, I even played the puzzle missions where you just placed blocks to get to places and I learned a bit of the lore.

    Assassins Creed III:

    Now I heard some people don't like the game and I see where some people come from but I thought it was a good sometimes great. The Parkour is just the same besides able to climb on trees, it's fine but the world was not that suited for parkouring unlike the 4 were, it's a bit too open so I basically ran or used a horse a lot. The Stealth was basically the same, you can still hide in crowds but it didn't show the white lining unlike the Ezio trilogy which I don't know why they removed that, they added a corner hideout and that was good, assassinations were the same as well. The Combat I thought was a great evolution, you can't just easily kill all them, you have know what things work on enemies like if break defence affect officers or grenadiers and if I can Throw/Disarm/Kill them after a counter and that I have to use a human shield when guys with musket are about to shoot, also the kill animations are so amazing I felt more like a badass then the previous games, especially with the kickass soundtrack. I didn't use the Brotherhood mechanic basically at all, I only used it when it told me too and it didn't have a good job explaining that I could send them on missions like the previous 2. The story was good and sometimes great, I liked the twist at the beginning that you were playing as a Templar and not an assassin showing basically they aren't different that, the father and son dynamic was used alright and it did correlate with the modern story with Desmonds and his father. The homestead mission were a nice side story treat especially at the end with Achillias dying and seeing the homestead people and Conner respecting his death. The ending for Conners story was good but the part where he killed Charles Lee was off just because it was too quiet. The Ending for the modern story was to be honest a little disappointing but I still liked it, just wished it was more epic because it was going to be the end of the world.

    This is just my thoughts on the first 5 games and I don't expect people to agree with me. I might play the games after Assassins Creed 3 or Liberation (Haven't played yet).

    submitted by /u/Foxgamer64
    [link] [comments]

    Did you Find Shay's intentions to be good?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 02:19 PM PDT

    When he joined the templars, do you think he benefited them?

    submitted by /u/AllMightyWrath
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment