• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 9, 2020

    Assassin's Creed My dad is an artist and we've been getting him to do drawings from things we enjoy, he has just finished this and I think it's great! 😁 Well chuffed.

    Assassin's Creed My dad is an artist and we've been getting him to do drawings from things we enjoy, he has just finished this and I think it's great! �� Well chuffed.


    My dad is an artist and we've been getting him to do drawings from things we enjoy, he has just finished this and I think it's great! �� Well chuffed.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    Woodburn piece from my fiancée! Thought you all would enjoy.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 11:34 AM PDT

    If only one thing is changed from the leak pls for the love of all things holy let it be the rag doll effects when you kill someone

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 05:24 PM PDT

    There's is just absolutely 0 reason why someone needs to fly 50 feet away from you after you hit them with a sword. It's a petty thing to complain about but I think i speak for a lot of people when I say having them fall to the ground like they used to was a million times better than whatever the hell they do now. And it makes it hard to take the game seriously at times honestly

    submitted by /u/pyroteknical
    [link] [comments]

    I turned AC Odyssey into a fulfilling educational experience, and I wish I'd done it sooner!

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 09:30 PM PDT

    I don't think that it's a secret to anyone that the AC franchise is simultaneously a completionist's dream and nightmare. The number of collectibles and boxes to check are enough to make your head spin, but all of my OCD homies out there know what I mean when I say it's something I NEED to do.

    I've spent more time than I care to admit finding feathers, flags, and forts, and with every successive game, there are more and more to find. That means that there are long stretches of time spent grinding collectibles, which I usually complimented with podcasts or a comedy YouTube channel.

    These enormous blocks of time have always been my biggest gripe with the series... well, except for the times when the games don't get history quite right (and no, I'm not referring to poetic licence in the narrative, I'm talking about poorly researched aspects of the setting, characters, etc). I've genuinely worried that the history I'm getting in the AC franchise is less accurate than I even know, but haven't been quite curious enough to look it all up afterwards.

    I'm not sure why it took me so long to think of it, but some 70+ hours and 1200 gamerscore into Odyssey, it hit me: why don't I listen to some Greek Classics while I play? I'm here, more or less immersed in the period, familiar with the major landmarks, cityscapes, and fauna; now is as good a time as any to really familiarize myself with Homer and Plato.

    So I did a quick Google search and found a posting of Princeton's Classics graduate studies reading list, and as it turns out, most of them are up on YouTube in their entirety. I've blasted through Plato's The Republic, and am several hours into Herodotus's The History, and I couldn't be more excited! Because of the game, I know where Lakonia, Argos, and Athens are instinctively; I'm able to follow along better than if I had been sitting in a classroom!

    Rather than secretly hating the fact that I will have earned every trophy, I'll be much more satisfied to know that I came out the other end with a basic, working knowledge of the essential Greek authors. It's a really door-opening chance for a confessed dummy like myself to learn something potentially valuable and enriching.

    It's making my head spin with possibilities; a replay of Brotherhood while streaming The Prince, The Book of the Dead during Origins, or Thomas Payne redeeming III. If I'm honest, the thing I'm looking forward to most is crushing Valhalla while enjoying Beowulf, Vindlandsaga, or lectures on Norse Mythology.

    I'm really excited to hear if anyone else does this already, and what books you've enjoyed if so! What should I "read" next?

    TL;DR I started listening to historical audiobooks while playing AC's grindy bits, and the more related to the time period depicted in the game, the more I got out of them!

    EDIT: fixed grammatical/spelling errors, etc

    submitted by /u/MrTaildragger
    [link] [comments]

    New HD Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Map Reveals Two Kingdoms

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 12:37 AM PDT

    Colored pencil drawing of Ezio, haven’t finished the belt and gauntlet details yet

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 06:29 PM PDT

    A new leak from a bossfight in Assassins Creed Valhalla

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 04:50 AM PDT

    Another leak of AC:Valhalla

    A 7-minutes long video of a boss fight is leaked on YouTube. Seems to me a newer versions.

    Improvements and changes I saw:

    • camera is a lot closer

    • Eivors face is more detailed

    • better facial animation

    • a look at the wheel thingy, I saw a fish icon, meditation icon, hood icon, torch icon, horse icon, whistle and a horn.

    • seems like a side activity like the War Elephants in Origins, because the mysteries tab for East-Anglia changed after the fight

    • the abilities are not earned by skill points, but by books (pointed out by u/boysetsfire1988)

    • when Eivor shot a arrow in the bosses stomach all her stamina went down and the enemy did nothing, this is the weakpoint system (pointed out by u/aecae)

    • the map has the sounds from origins again, that you hear different sound when you hover over it (pointed out by u/ockpii)

    • Story spoiler(no idea how major this is): So I noticed a big story detail here. In the quest section, it said Oswald died, but u still need to get rid of rued's men. But in the earlier leak, Oswald was alive. Could this mean that the choices we make actually has an impact of the world (character dies, etc)pointed out by u/tarund2302)

    And we got a closer look at the menus and maps.

    PS. If you see other changes or things you noticed please list in the comments.

    Edit: this is the video is saw: https://youtu.be/c_K7vRSvqgw (no longer working)

    Edit 2: someone pointed out that at the end there are spoilers, I don't know how big of a spoiler but there is. So if you really want no spoilers than don't watch the end.

    Edit 3: look in the comments for links on the leak or search it up on YouTube

    submitted by /u/dikkebrap
    [link] [comments]

    ACHILLES got SHOT in the LEG.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 11:30 PM PDT

    I wish to share my eureka moment I had about assassins creed rogue and three. To spare but take ACHILLES Davenport out of active duty Haytham Kenway and Shay McCormack shot achilles in the leg. This is obviously meant to reference Achilles namesake, the Greek hero Achilles. He was killed by a shot from a bow to the leg. There is a large possibility I am the last person to realize this, but just in case, here you go.

    submitted by /u/miketheman0915
    [link] [comments]

    Valhalla looks promising and definitely an improvement on Odyssey

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 12:51 PM PDT

    The new leaked boss battle-which is still a work in progress build-looked really awsome. The side-boss battle seems fun, the animation isn't too arcade-like aside from dodge. Sprint seems to be back. Glad they fixed the cam distance. More importantly the combat seems to have impact as a form of unlockable skill. Also the world is really beautiful and the ambient music is just too perfect.

    I really enjoyed the myths stuff in the last two games. Glad it's back again and hope they continue it in future. From a gameplay perspective there's no loss. No level this time around-which is really good. Everything is based on skills which allows for better progress and less annoyance.

    All in all it looks huge improvement on Odyssey. The final build will probably be more polished in terms of animations, so really excited for Ubisoft Forward this Sunday.

    submitted by /u/We_Are_Star-stuff
    [link] [comments]

    Why are people hating the new combat in Valhalla? (opinion based on the new bossfight leak)

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 01:35 PM PDT

    Before you downvote this posts here me out. I get that a lot of people are mad about this game, but from what the new leak (from a newer build of the game) shows it seems like they actually improved a lot of the bad points of Odyssey.

    So I've seen a lot of posts and comments lately about the valhalla gameplay leaks, and that the combat of valhalla looks very similar to Odyssey's. I think that the combat has changed very much since Odyssey. I get why people say that they don't like the more arcade or rpg like game mechanics but thats a whole other story.

    So at first the combat seems pretty much to have not changed at all since the first leak and that Valhalla is just "a viking skin-over of Odyssey". But if you look closer you can actually see a lot of improvements to the combat and the game mechanics. So first they added a stamina bar (below the health bar) that prevents you from just dodging all the time which makes the fighting harder and more realistic.

    Secondly they've added a new healing system, which pretty much is just like the healing mechanics of dark souls, so you have a few heals in the fight and not just Odyssey's healing ability which was by far the best ability in the game.

    Thirdly the combat has indeed way more weight and impact behind it (you can see that when Eivor swings her axes, they more resemble strikes now then a hack and slash mess).

    Fourthly they completely reworked the ability and skill tree system. Abilities are now learned via books in the world and the skill tree will just have passive bonuses, like more health, and passive abilities, like a sprint attack, in it.

    They also removed any kind of level system, and added a new "power" system which is based of your choices in the skill tree. And finally the enemies also have a new stamina bar and weak points which you can use to your advantage.

    I don't know why this sub just wants to hate everything that is shown and has to complain about everything in this game. I can agree that the first leak didn't look good at all, but the new one does and shows that Ubisoft sometimes does care about the feedback they get (even though that is pretty rare lol).

    (Sorry for any typos, I'm not a native English speaker)

    submitted by /u/Kyogretimi
    [link] [comments]

    Why can’t we stealth bosses in AC?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    A huge issue I have isn't that we are fighting Demon Ghost ladies with superpowers, it's that the game forces me to have a full on battle. A generic, repetitive boss fight that's easy enough once you learn the three patterns they all have.

    It's Assassins Creed, in Odyssey you could play as an assassin. It's wasn't optimal but you could definitely do it. I'm sure you can here too.

    But I absolutely loathe these boss battles because they don't even give you an option to stealth them. And why not? That could be so much fun. Imagine a teleporting boss with super hearing, and having to manipulate multiple aspects of the environment to get them trapped. Best example I can find is Arkham City when you fight Mr. Freeze.

    Boss fights should feel unique, should feature situations that the player can't come across anywhere else, and should require maximum input from the player. Odyssey dumbed them down to learning when to dodge and spamming attack when their guard is down. I was hoping Vahallah would change it, and for all we know it could be the case. But the boss fights we see don't look any more engaging than a normal enemy with a ton of health.

    submitted by /u/meme_abstinent
    [link] [comments]

    I'm a couple hours into my 1st Assassin's Creed 2 walktrough, and everything about the whole glyphs stuff is giving me goosebumps!

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 11:01 PM PDT

    2 hours and 40 minutes into the game, finished sequence 1 and I am now on my to kill Uberto. The game is making a very good impression in the early goings, and I am absolutely fascinated with glyphs. The "find more of them and unlock a clip" mechanic is really good and I loved it in Until Dawn as well example, but man, the way they're presenting this stuff is something else. Mysterious glyphs at historic locations (which explained the chilling one's in AC1), leading to crypt messages from the last guy Abstergo abused for their mission, which are then followed by mini games including several historical persons and the apples of eden. Idk, the way they put the Assassin's/Templars storyline with the apples of eden into world history is so chilling for some reason. Seeing personas like Ghandi, or historic paintings and what not, with such hidden pieces to showcase their involvement in the entire thing feels so surreal. Like, it's just a game, it's all made up for said game, but it still feels like you're ACTUALLY unveiling some century long mystery, that's how well done it is. Simply great stuff thus far.

    submitted by /u/niclaswwe
    [link] [comments]

    just finished AC2 and big wow

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    I've recently gotten into gaming and always knew about Assassin's Creed but never really played. I played AC1 and literally JUST finished AC2 and wow what a trip. I made sure to avoid spoilers (ruined bioshock for myself and am so careful now) and it was worth it.

    idk this is a fluff post, but I can't believe this game is 10 years old. I had so much fun.

    submitted by /u/juststupid8970
    [link] [comments]

    They should've done Assassin's Creed Embers style shorts for the other protagonists

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 05:20 PM PDT

    As far as I know, characters such as Arno/ Bayek/ Evie/ Jacob/ Shay/ (Maybe Connor although I'm iffy on that?) don't have definitive endings in lore, it would have been awesome if they got the Ezio treatment, even Edward could have a great one considering how is ending was.

    submitted by /u/Exitoverhere
    [link] [comments]

    Please give us back Unity's double tool slots in the upcoming games.

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 01:20 AM PDT

    The older games gave us a weapon wheel to equip any tool seamlessly as well as your weapon.

    Unity let you equip both a projectile tool and utility tool at the same time, allowing for combining your tools tactically.

    Then Origins came along and decided it was gonna force you to stop go into the pause menu to change your tools and that you're not allowed to change it if you aren't anonymous. WTF? Why does Ubisoft go out of their way to regress in some aspects? It's like they sat down and said "Hey, you see that thing that fans like at the moment and actually works? Yeah let's scrap that and replace it with the worst version of it." How the hell do decisions like this get made?

    submitted by /u/AdrianR154
    [link] [comments]

    Napoleon's campaigns from 1796-99 took him to or around key locations from AC1 and AC2 (Venice, Acre, Jerusalem...). Having Arno travel with his armée looking for info on Ezio and Altair or pieces of eden secrelty left by them would have been interesting

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 06:50 PM PDT

    It would have been a good excuse to revisit these locations centuries later. And if they could find an interesting reason to take Arno to these places (just travelling with the army but without fighting with them or even seeing every major battle of the campaign), it could make for a nice arc. However it also could have been easy to fall into the AC3 trap of connor being present at every historical events so it would have to be done with great care.

    If Unity was longer or had a sequel, what do you think they should have done with Napoleon ?

    submitted by /u/TheCanadianBat_
    [link] [comments]

    Small things in the leaked gameplay

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 07:57 PM PDT

    One thing in the leaked gameplay that caught my attention was the small animation added at the end of killing an enemy. They were very fast and simple such as Eivor pushing them away with with her shoulder or dragging them aside with her axe. When Eivor killed a pack of wolves, the final kill played a much longer finisher so hopefully those are still there.

    With Origin and Odyssey, only the final blow on the last remaining enemy will play a finisher animation which made the combat feel much less cinematic.

    This feature on top of the stun attacks made it feel a lot more reminiscent of the older AC game's more stylish combat.

    Another feature that seemed to make a return is different types of bow with one leak using a light bow while the other using a hunting bow.

    submitted by /u/JakuloCandes
    [link] [comments]

    Rogue is criminally short (spoilers)

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 06:34 PM PDT

    I was gonna write a note on here saying how it was one of my all time favourite assassins creeds, and it honestly still is up there for me!

    Shay is a fucking dope character! He is such a badass. It's refreshing to play a Templar, seeing Shay's justifications for his actions let's you see the Templar/Assassin conflict less morally black/white etc.

    I really liked the gameplay too. Defending people from assassins was interesting. It's obviously super similar to black flag which I adored. Sailing around with shanties, exploring new places etc. Was gonna 100% it, do a mission then explore a place.

    But yeah my huge gripe was when I was on sequence 6 thinking 'I'm probably about halfway through the game, I'll just do this mission then I'll go and do a few more side missions and stuff' and the game literally ended?!?! Fucking hell. 6 sequences has got to be the shortest game by far right?

    Anyway, I'd love to see more stuff about Shay, more about the relationship between him and Connor would be fascinating

    submitted by /u/Scones12
    [link] [comments]

    Can we appreciate how good the side characters are in odyssey?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 03:10 PM PDT

    I mean, outside of a few good characters like leonardo, bartolomeo, haytham and mary read, no one stood out to me at least.

    In odyssey we had such good side characters like barnabas, sokrates, herodotus, alkibiades, brasidas, myrine, markos, phoibe, hippocrates, leonidas, stentor, nikolaos, pericles and more.

    Not to mention the excellent deimos who seemed very unstable and at times unsettling

    submitted by /u/KvasirTheOld
    [link] [comments]

    21 Questions I Hope Valhalla Answers

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 03:49 PM PDT

    I’d love it if you could use fear to your advantage in the old ac games

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    So I was just playing rogue the other day and I really love hanging people with the rope dart, but what's the point? It just feels like it's there cos it looks cool. Imagine if (this is in the old style not RPG) you could scare enemy troops and guards by hanging people, kindve like brutalising people in shadow of war. Guards could get more and more intimidated the more you do it and if you do it enough they could run away, and officers could shout at them or something. I think that would be brilliant.

    submitted by /u/Gaymer21fortnite
    [link] [comments]

    What did you expect? [Valhalla Leaks]

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 01:07 AM PDT

    So I've watched all 37 minutes of the Valhalla leaks, and I've seen so much backlash about them fundamental systems, but why?

    What did everyone expect, as an assassins creed fan, we all should've got used to this system, in which they use an engine for 3-4 games, AC1-Revelations , AC-ROGUE, Unity/Syndicate and now Origins till Valhalla.

    Besides that, what did people expect? The RPG system and engine that was initially used in origins was updated in odyssey, valhalla seems to remove the annoyances and the complaints from both origins and odyssey and taking the positives.

    The new gameplay showcases more weighty movement, enemies that die with 3-4 hits, more grounded gameplay, which were all complains that have been fixed over OD/OR.

    I can't deny that the game looks buggy, and lip sync is mediocre but it's work in progress, so we can't really judge yet.

    The combat systems seem to combine both OD and origins, using the dual wield axe's will play out like a less meaty, more grounded and impactful odyssey combat system, and assuming that the shield combat will be like origins' system, obviously smoothed out and added upon.

    for people that say this isn't an assassins creed, we can't judge yet, we have only seen combat and people are complaining, we haven't seen stealth, hooded outfits, social stealth, assassin interactions, hidden blade kills which are most of the pillars required for AC and all have been confirmed.

    Point is, it really doesn't deserve any of the hate, and on July 12 when all gameplay systems are explained and released, people will realize it's a much better game than they've judge from early leaked gameplay.

    submitted by /u/Timo-D03
    [link] [comments]

    Why do most mainstream reviewers such as IGN (I think), rate AC odyssey so highly?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 11:45 PM PDT

    Why do most mainstream reviewers such as IGN (I think), rate AC odyssey so highly, while almost all the AC YouTubers I've seen review the game as a not so great game? Is there something I'm not seeing?

    submitted by /u/Kitchen_Tester
    [link] [comments]

    how did Achilles know Connor was Haytham's son?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 05:34 PM PDT

    how did Achilles know Connor was Haytham's son? yeah, Connor could of told him, but I feel like he didn't, and I doubt Kaniehti:io ever told Achilles about Connor and her relationship with Haytham, so who knows.

    submitted by /u/TheHood2001
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment