• Breaking News

    Friday, July 3, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Finally hit 100% on Odyssey today

    Assassin's Creed Finally hit 100% on Odyssey today


    Finally hit 100% on Odyssey today

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 09:43 PM PDT

    Took 104 hours, including dlc. I fully explored every location, all of the ainigmata locations, all achievements and did all side quests. Can't wait for Valhalla to release!

    Edit: To hopefully add some detail how I did it in this time, I got pretty lucky with gear drops. I had about 800% crit dmg and 100% crit chance which let me breeze through all enemies. I basically spammed multi-shot to clear outpost than used predator shot to 1 shot stronger enemies. Hardest enemy IMO was the Medusa fight or any conquest battle as I used the engraving that capped my health

    submitted by /u/KevinBowser007
    [link] [comments]

    My recent Origin's inspired painting: "Temple Arrival"

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 12:14 AM PDT

    What are your opinions on Assassin's Creed Rogue?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    I've been playing assassin's creed games for a long time and have recently started getting into the games I haven't played before. After watching many Youtube countdowns and reading websites' opinions on the AC games, most of them seem to agree that Rogue is average or not as good as many of the other AC games.

    Playing through the game now, I was not expecting to enjoy the story, world in which it takes place, and the game in general this much. A little more than halfway through and this is shaping up to be one of my favorite AC games. Does anyone else share this opinion?

    submitted by /u/Pringle65
    [link] [comments]

    Charles Lee is one of the best characters in the AC

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 08:21 PM PDT

    I had a dream of bying all the AC for years but didn't have the money until recently. So I'm atm on Black Flag after completing AC3.

    During that game I fell on love with the main villain, Charles Lee. I don't know what the community thinks of him but i personally loved his character. His personality, looks and voice acting just make him so perfect. Yes he is a monster but a very well executed one. Many propably hated him but I will remember him as an awesome character.

    Sadly we didn't get to fight him properly like for example Haytham.

    I'm interested to hear what you guys think of him

    submitted by /u/SkulliSeta
    [link] [comments]

    Having the entire world be open and accessible is a start is a detriment to open-world games, especially one that is narrative driven like the AC games

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    So with recent games, you are allowed to roam the entire open world right off the bat once the initial prologue segments are done. While I do understand how they wish to make the games more accessible, it kind of ruins and stagnates the world quite early once you get around to exploring it. Not to mention that from a narrative perspective, it wouldn't make sense for an ancestor/subject to go somewhere where he's never been before a certain period of time. While Origins has distinctly different areas both demographically and culturally, Odyssey makes this issue blatantly obvious because everywhere you go, it's all Greek and copy-pasted PoIs. There's also the huge disconnect between exploring the world and following the story (again, a fault with open world games in general).

    To use an example, remember Ezio and Leonardo traveling to Venice? The entire journey from Florence through the mountains, to Forli and finally in Venice in itself was an experience. Finally arriving in the lively and colorful city was a gift in itself.

    Now imagine if you were allowed to explore all of the regions in AC2 right from the start. Would the experience feel the same and equally grand if you had already visited all the areas (much less Venice itself)? Keeping areas gated by the narrative (AND NOT LEVEL, THIS IS A BIG MISTAKE IN THE RECENT GAMES) is a good means of actually giving a sense of progression to the player. When you unlock these new areas by progressing in the story, you unlock an entire new world that should be foreign from what you experienced in the past. Another way to do so would be to introduce slightly metroidvania elements where you need a certain skill or equipment unlocked through the story to access some place (climb leap in AC2, anyone?). SW Jedi Fallen Order is one of the most recent games that handles the latter aspect quite well.

    Another example could be GTA-V and GTA SA. If you ask a majority of GTA fans, most will still consider SA to be the superior game. Each of the three landmasses were kept locked until you completed certain missions and when you unlocked each area, they'd be a fresh experience to you. Whereas with V, the entire map can be explored and is visible right from the start. Just go on GTAForums and check some posts regarding criticisms about V map's world designs.

    I think a modern example on keeping the world 'hidden' as well as decently accessible which allows for organic world exploration could be RDR2. If anyone's played the game then you'll know what I mean.

    submitted by /u/_MeltedCheese_
    [link] [comments]

    I always shitted on Black Flag, but I just beat it and boy was I wrong.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 11:21 PM PDT

    The first 30% of the story took me two months to progress as it was just so hard to get into it, but I just beat the rest of the game in 3 days.

    After all the lengthy sequences of tutorials, introducing side quests/ challenges, and meeting new characters, i was surprised to see how much the story hit me. All of a sudden, the plot takes a huge turn and I get absorbed into the gameplay and affairs between characters. Definitely one of my favorite games, and I feel I owe this game an apology for judging it too soon.

    submitted by /u/Nicka812
    [link] [comments]

    Starting Syndicate vs. AC2 & Brotherhood

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 08:12 PM PDT

    I know I'm like 10 years late to the party here but I just recently picked up the Ezio Collection after previously really enjoying and 100% syncing Black Flag, Origins and Odyssey.

    AC2 was fantastic, probably took the top spot for my favorite in the series from Black Flag. The story in Brotherhood was slightly less engaging but the improved mechanics and addition of all the city-building and faction stuff really made it equal to AC2 in my eyes. So I went into Revelations with high expectations.

    However I just can't help but feeling that it's 5 steps back. Is this a common feeling in the community? Constantinople seems so boring somehow, even though it has more colors the whole thing just seems bland. The hookblade doesn't really seem fun to me, and the huge upward jumps you can make with it actually just seem weirdly exaggerated. Bomb-making seems gimmicky. The supporting cast isn't nearly as engaging as all the great characters from before like Leonardo, Claudia, Bartolomeo and Vulpe. Really the whole things just seems like a massive downgrade and I'm struggling to even finish it.

    Granted I am probably only halfway through the game, so maybe the whole thing redeems itself. But I'm curious what others in the community think about it?

    Edit: Revelations, not Syndicate. Was reading something about Syndicate just before posting. Whoops.

    submitted by /u/DnDBKK
    [link] [comments]

    So I made Thomas De Carneillon out of Altair bootleg figure.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    So I made Thomas De Carneillon out of Altair bootleg figure.

    Here's a pic of my little remake of Altair bootleg figure that I turned into a Thomas De Carneillon from AC Unity. Hope you guys like it a little at least!

    https://preview.redd.it/2tehkluq9g851.png?width=1531&format=png&auto=webp&s=32010cf81a5ed144836916ef68c5190fbbfbc9c6

    https://preview.redd.it/mftma3xs9g851.png?width=1531&format=png&auto=webp&s=a3d84ea4a80a292bb19378847a799e829b589add

    submitted by /u/olllox
    [link] [comments]

    Theories about secret locations and DLC locations in Valhalla

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    So Ashraf Ismail told us that Valhalla will have these exciting and secret territories/kingdoms in Valhalla, I have a theory about those and the dlc locations for Valhalla:

    Secret locations: 1. Scotland/Hadrians wall, first of all Wales is already confirmed by the directors and writers but what about Scotland or even Hadrians wall? My theory is that we'll be able to go to Hadrains wall and see how the Anglo-Saxons or Vikings inhabited it to protect their borders against the Scots, and maybe we will even go into Scotland at some point who knows...

    1. Sweden or Finland: We all know that Norway will be the primary focus of the beginning of the game, so I expect to see Sweden or Finland in the open world of Norway, even the borders of these viking kingdoms will be awesome to explore...

    DLC locations: 1. Iceland: it could be a nice addition to Valhalla to explore how exactly the Vikings and Norsemen arrived in Iceland or how the Norse leaders there became Order of Ancient members...

    2.Normandy: This one might be a bit out of the box but seeing the vikings invade france or just seeing the kingdom of Normandy would be awesome and maybe we could see a potential easter egg hinting at the battle of Hastings...

    Thank you all for reading, feedback would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Thec-untmug
    [link] [comments]

    Origins is growing on me and is a great game, 26 hours in a learned something simple

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 04:30 AM PDT

    I must have missed the tutorial, all this time and I just now noticed that you can elevate Senu flying. I've been thinking it was just left and right this entire time lol

    submitted by /u/kkerins86
    [link] [comments]

    90,1% sync. What am I missing?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 12:07 AM PDT

    Im currently at 90,1% sync, and when I look at my DNA-string I have 100% on sequences, Da Vinci Disappearence, secret locations and so on... What could I be missing? Are the guild challenges and additionalme memories also included? There just isn't any percentage indication in the DNA-string. The 100% sync trophy is the last one I need to get the platinum so really need the help.

    submitted by /u/Olaf_Moldt
    [link] [comments]

    Mystery wood icon on the water in Origins that isn’t actually there?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 11:58 PM PDT

    Has anyone come across a wood icon in the water in Origins and when you get there, there is no wood? It has happened to me multiple times now.

    submitted by /u/Drizen
    [link] [comments]

    My favorite shots from Odyssey and Origins using Photo mode

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 10:21 AM PDT

    Say what you will about Odyssey and Origins, the games are visually breathtaking. These are my favorite photos that I have taken in the games using photo mode. There are 19 of them.

    Some are glitches I thought were funny, others I have messed around with editing, and you can see the different effects I was enamored with at the time.

    If you feel so inclined, let me know what you think and which ones are your favorites.

    https://flic.kr/s/aHsmPcbVSf

    submitted by /u/Dalecrabtree
    [link] [comments]

    I really want to play AC Origins and I think I’m finally going to try it. Any beginner tips?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 11:24 PM PDT

    I've played Odyssy. Loved it. Just want a more traditional AC story which I hear is present in Origins.

    submitted by /u/Taran0105
    [link] [comments]

    Assasin's Creed - Rogue & Unity

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 11:01 PM PDT

    When i wanted to play some ac i downloaded ac rogue and unity at the same time. And started to play randomly. I picked ac unity first. Despite the true order i didnt see the spoiler and i was shocked when i finished rogue after playing unity. So if you havent played both games play unity first you will see what i mean.

    submitted by /u/wextry
    [link] [comments]

    The results of an IGN poll with over 400,000 participants about what players favourite AC game is. What are your thoughts on the outcome?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 05:53 AM PDT

    Unity: The Diamond Covered In Dung

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 10:18 PM PDT

    As a diehard AC fan I have played pretty much all the Assassins creed games. Saying this in my opinion Unity is the only is the only game which makes you feel like an Assassin. Forget the story, the many bugs and glitches and at heart, you have a game which revolves around being assassin.

    From the flashy parkour to the social stealth. To the black box missions and co-op multiplayer (when it works) is what makes me the player feel like I am playing with a real Assassin.

    People say that the combat is bad. I disagree. I reminds me of the AC1 days where I would actually feel overwhelmed and challenged by the guards surrounding me. But at the same time, feel confident that I could kill all of them swiftly if I am skilled enough. However gunners in this game were very op. I feel this could have been stopped with a body shield or some throwing knives.

    This game was well ahead of its time. It's graphics can still contend with many games today. It's social stealth made me feel like a true blade in the crowd and the co-op made me feel like I was part of a brotherhood.

    This is why I feel like ACU is a Diamond Covered in Dung

    submitted by /u/It_Aint_Vlone
    [link] [comments]

    Finally played Syndicate in 2020

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 05:39 AM PDT

    I loved AC2, and AC4. But, I havent played AC in a long while, because of the generally much lower review scores for Unity and Syndicate. I also hate the souls-type combat change in Origins. I finally decided to give Syndicate a try, and I loved it!

    What I liked:

    Combat, although not quite as Satisfying as AC4, still enjoy the multi-kill animations.

    Evie, a very charming and likable little gal.

    Missions, were varied and creative and fun.

    London, was absolutely beautiful and large. I loved stopping to look up at the churches, bank buildings, towers, parliament, etc.

    What I didnt like:

    Not being able to pick up enemy weapons. I miss this awesome feature.

    I hated how a lot of the missions had an option to "avoid killing". What is the point of being an "assassin" if you go out of your way to not kill people. I just want to kill everything and be badass!

    Its harder to take on 10 or more enemies at once. In earlier AC games, you could easily take on an army of 100 men and take them out. I miss that.

    I'll probably have to go back and play Unity as well! What did you like and dislike in Syndicate?

    submitted by /u/masa888
    [link] [comments]

    i just plaged ac 2 and holy shit this game cutscenes and story is so savage and BRUTAL

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    Theres so much brutality in it the stabbing scenes the scene where that douche id hanged from the tower and shit its brutal like damn i wish games still do that today

    submitted by /u/threedog120
    [link] [comments]

    How does the different game differ from eachother?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 04:55 PM PDT

    So im currently on a quest to beat all AC games for the first time since its summer and with everything going on im going to have the time so I figured I would get them all now that its a huge discount.

    I beat the first one jsut rushing through it since I felt like it was dated and frustrating. Currently having a blast with 2, taking my time and doing all different kinds of things.

    But i have concerns going forward. I know that the combat is roughly the same until the origins shift but how does the other games feel. Since im going to be playing them kinda back to back i dont wanna get burnt out and ruin the fun.

    I understand that brotherhood and revelations will be roughly the same, same with liberation and rogue for 3 and 4. but will the rest be a fresh air of its predecessor?

    submitted by /u/cowder
    [link] [comments]

    Am currently Playing ACR right now

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    I have been doing a lore play through of Desmond story and ancestors so when would it be appropriate to do Desmond Journey and lost archive in ACR in the play of the game ?

    submitted by /u/Thatperson5
    [link] [comments]

    What are your guy’s thoughts and opinions on odyssey?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 03:05 AM PDT

    So I finally went through and completed the base game of Odyssey and I loved it. The time period and gameplay was amazing, while the map was beautiful and fun to traverse.

    My only critique would be the story. I loved it overall all but I felt it to be a little lack luster compared to origins. Alexios (who I chose to play as) didnt compel me in the story as Bayek did. I might be biased towards origins bc it's my favorite AC game but idk.

    Just wondering what everyone's overall thoughts were with it. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Buckeye_Blast
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on unity and the future of the series

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 11:36 PM PDT

    I've played every assassins creed game from 1 to Odyssey and I think despite unity's glitches it might be one of the best games

    Do you guys wish they built on unity for sequels or do you prefer how the series is progressing currently?

    submitted by /u/kelppyGg
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment