• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 16, 2020

    Assassin's Creed A project I've been working on. Still have to assemble the 2nd one though

    Assassin's Creed A project I've been working on. Still have to assemble the 2nd one though


    A project I've been working on. Still have to assemble the 2nd one though

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 09:29 PM PDT

    I finally played Syndicate. I really thought it was amazing. Do you feel like it passed on?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 02:08 PM PDT

    I bought it at launch but it didn't grab me. I may have been burned out by Unity because I had to force myself to finish that one. I was watching a Top 10 most lived in cities in video games and London was on there. It made me kind of want to dive back in. Low and behold it was on sale on PSN the next week. Got the gold edition.

    Wow. I absolutely loved it. I'm going to go as far as to say it's my second fave after the Ezio trilogy. Evie is my next favorite protagonist after Ezio as well. I really enjoyed all the things they added like the zip line and being able to drive carriages. I don't recall that being in any previous titles anyway. I know this was DLC but the crime scene investigation system was fun. The whole fast forward to WW1 was really great. I wasn't a huge fan of having to do the missions with Jacob or Evie. I'd have preferred the option to choose but I get why they did it for the story structure.

    The Jack the Ripper DLC was maybe my favorite story based DLC of any game I've played in recent memory. Being able to play as Jack you could feel the difference by how carnal he was when killing. They story of how they added him to the AC lore was pretty amazing too. I'm so glad I finally played it. I'm bummed we won't see more from the Frye family though. I quite enjoyed their story.

    submitted by /u/im_rickyspanish
    [link] [comments]

    Here's My Full Process Of Sculpting And Painting Eivor With Clay

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 01:51 PM PDT

    I've never loved and hated any video game as much as Odyssey

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 06:22 PM PDT

    I'm currently about 2/3 of the way through the storyline in Odyssey, and as somewhat of a slow gamer (I tend to not use fast travel and am often multitasking while gaming.) I feel like I should also preference this by saying my draw to the franchise is 90% getting to do cool shit in historical settings and interacting with historical figures, and 10% the lore and overarching story.

    Here's what I love...

    1. I am a fan of the RPG elements. Though I do agree so many choices ultimately don't matter outside of the little directional quests that don't do anything, I like how you can choose to respond to situations and make Kassandra/Alexios your own. I play Kassandra as someone kind but broken, and ultimately ruthless to her enemies. I liked how I was allowed the freedom to choose my own motivations, and they've changed as the story has progressed. Even though Ezio and Connor are two of my favorite video game protagonists ever, I always wished Assassin's Creed would give us more choice and freedom to make the character our own. In Odyssey, my Kassandra has gone from someone who hates her family and wants to take revenge on Sparta, to reuniting her family, to wanting to kill every single member of the Cult. I know not everyone is a fan of RPGs and that's fine, but personally I like this direction that the games are going in.
    2. The characters. I haven't hated the bad guys this much in an AC game since the Ezio saga. I felt rage, along with Kassandra, when Phoibe dies. Origins felt like "Yeah, the Order of the Ancients is sort of this psudeo-precursor to the Templars and killed my son but why are they evil?" Bayek is clearly the good guy and in the right, the whole story, but ultimately gets devolved into a glorified errand boy and doesn't really grow or change over the story. You really only hear about all these injustices they Order is doing but you take a look at the world, and they seem rather absent from it. Yeah, some Cult members are just there, others are making an impact on the game you actually see and fight against. Your allies and friends in Odyssey, for the first time, have depth to them; not much, but it's there. I have actual opinions on Sokrates, Markos, Myrinne, Phiobe, Aspasia, Kyra, etc.
    3. The dialogue and acting. While the story isn't the best in the AC series and definitely has lore issues, the writing is actually pretty good. I'm getting a very Joss Whedon-vibe and I like it. Yes, it is a very different style than previous AC games, but the characters actually feel alive for once. One thing I can't stand in a lot of video games, books, and movies is when characters speak in this the same in this formal manner to everyone like no one actually is familiar with one another. Yes, the death scene dialogues in AC 1 and others were incredibly deep and thought-provoking, great dialogue, and the "it's a me, Mario" line is great! Dialogue from the protagonist that is serious and formal all the time? No thank you. Maybe it's because I enjoy comedy more than drama, I don't know.

    Here's what I hate...

    1. The grind. I'm going to shit on Origins again. The thing I absolutely hated about Origins was how grindy it got with the leveling system. The story felt like it moved at a snail's place cause you get quests, but then have to do all of these pointless, unrelated side quests to level up to do the main quest in the region. I basically had to force myself to finish the game. I was skeptical about Odyssey. While there have been moments it's come to a grinding halt (especially after meeting Myrinne on Naxos and meeting her in Lakonia, but I did the Mykonos questline, fake Menataur dude, arena, and then met my dad with still like 3 levels short), they seem to have improved this by you having to do smaller quests which relate to the big questline of the region instead of being a glorified errand boy/girl like Origins. Even though it was obvious from the beginning who the Cult members were in Korinth and Argolis, the sidequests led you to them in a way that felt natural and connected. This main quest of this game is already long enough, they really need to get rid of this leveling game system and just allow people to progress through the main story at their own pace.
    2. There is way too much in this game. Can someone explain to me what the mercenary/bounty system adds to the game? At first, I thought we'd be leveling through that entire game but then you learn about the cult and I was like "So, the mercenary system is pointless?" Every time I've got a bounty usually just dropped 100-200 drachma to clear it and move on. It didn't even cross into the main quests until Arkadia and then it feels forced in the most annoying way possible. Plus, there seems to be entire regions you can never visit and not miss a single thing.
    3. Combat. I will always miss the hidden blade being a one-hit kill on stealth. Sure, you didn't have a hidden blade but the spear could've been the same. However, I play as an assassin/hunter build so I can one-hit stealth kill most enemies. That throwing the spear perk, fucking love it. Anyway, what I don't like is still the times the game literally forces you to engage in direct sword fighting at times, but I've gotten much better at learning to play my strength and figuring out how to fight this way. Not to mention to the "Second Wind" is a godsend and I can't imagine playing without it. The movement away from stealth and such is making it feel less like Assassin's Creed and more like an action-adventure game.
    submitted by /u/thesnowgirl147
    [link] [comments]

    Is there too much to do in Odyssey?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    Like, I like the diversified the side quests and everything, but it just feels like there is too much to do. Almost overwhelmingly so.

    That everywhere has a bunch of forts and stuff, on top of the missions and everything.

    Plus the side shenanigans, like hunting the legendary animals and everything.

    Is it just me?

    submitted by /u/The_Trekspert
    [link] [comments]

    Israel Putnam in ACIII is honestly one of my favorite characters. Minor spoilers.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 03:19 PM PDT

    When we meet Israel Putnam, he's shown to be a pessimistic, realistic, "I don't take anyone's bullshit except my own" kind of guy. Especially when cannon shots are flying above him, he doesn't even duck down. He tells Connor that Connor is gonna get himself killed. And is honestly just funny when he's being serious. Ubisoft did a good job with him. Putnam is, in my opinion, one of the best side characters in AC.

    submitted by /u/NotASalamanderBoi
    [link] [comments]

    AC3 Remastered (PS4) file size is absurd

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 07:30 PM PDT

    63GB for a remaster?? I realize that it includes the dlc and Liberation but this math still doesn't add up. It's like 3x the size of Black Flag and nearly 7x the size of Rogue Remastered.

    submitted by /u/KRONGOR
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to walk slower in AC2?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 11:43 PM PDT

    so I just learned how to blend into crowds to walk places unnoticed and I have to keep stopping and starting walking because I'm too fast and I break out of the blend.

    For other games it's the control button but I don't see an option here? Do I just try to get behind someone and stagger in the crowd?

    submitted by /u/juststupid8970
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone actually finished every single story quest in odyssey

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 02:30 PM PDT

    I mean every quest. Is it possible and if so how long did it take. I think it must be the only ac game that I haven't and probably wont complete every quest.

    submitted by /u/Rd19900312
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any legitimate way to get the El Impoluto figurehead in Black Flag now, or do I have to resort to cheat engine?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    Been re-playing the AC games and always remember this figurehead eluding me because I never did the community challenges.

    I don't mind if I have to resort to some kind of mod or cheat engine to unlock, though I'd prefer not to.

    submitted by /u/The_Thrifter
    [link] [comments]

    Graphics comparison between AC 3 and Black flag

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 05:50 AM PDT

    Recently I've been thinking about how much of an improvement, in terms of graphics, we can actually expect between Odyssey and Valhalla. We know that Valhalla is a cross gen title like black flag so that's why i consider a graphical comparison between 3 and black flag to have parallels to Odyssey's vs Valhalla's graphics.

    So i want to know what you think about AC 3's and 4's graphics. Did you consider black flag to be a visual improvement and if so was it a major one ?

    I personally think that AC3 looks more clean and crispy while black flag has much better lighting .

    submitted by /u/esiokles
    [link] [comments]

    Would you like an AC game in Germany/Austria? If so, when and where?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    It can be anywhere anytime in Germany, from the 15th century Hanseatic League (Lübeck, Hamburg etc), to Vienna during the siege of 1683 by the Ottomans, to Austerlitz during the Napoleonic Wars, to even Berlin in the final stages of WW2.

    Germany has a very rich history and culture, especially during the HRE period with hundreds of squabbling principalities, and it would be a perfect setting for an AC game.

    submitted by /u/sombat92
    [link] [comments]

    Homestead (Extended Version) - Assassin's Creed 3 OST

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 04:52 PM PDT

    AC: Unity Cant find/track a Paris Story (Waxworks)?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 10:47 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I accepted the Waxworks Paris Story, the one where the lady tells you to kill some men at her shop or something like that, but I accidentally threw a Cherry Bomb, the NPC got scared, and I don't even know if I fully accepted the quest, as the game/map is not tracking the quest location. And the NPC is not giving the mission anymore. I checked Progress Tracker and the mission is there, but when I click "track", it doesn't track anything. I even bought the Time Saver thing that lets you see all the Paris Stories on the map, but can't seem to find this one.

    Any Ideas?

    Edit: I looked up a video of the mission and the location of the objective, but when I go there, there is nothing.

    submitted by /u/RedBlueGai
    [link] [comments]

    Phylakes disappeared from my map

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 06:46 PM PDT

    While playing the story of Origins I never really bothered fighting any of the Phylakes and now that I beat it I'm looking to fight them and I can't find any of them on my map... do they disappear when you complete the main story??

    submitted by /u/UnholyUtensils
    [link] [comments]

    [FANMADE] Assassin's Creed movie poster

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 05:30 AM PDT

    Ship Convoy issues (Assassins Creed Rogue Remastered)

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 09:26 PM PDT

    Okay so I'm tryna get the platinum, and there's an issue. I have two trophies left and one is 'what's yours is mine,' the problem is im at the endgame and they're barely fucking spawning, to the point I'm scared they just aren't spawning anymore. I can't even use the taverns because they say "no intel" and that fast travel spam trick is no longer working. And restarting the game will take fucking ages cos I'll have to upgrade the Morgan all over again cos ship convoys have a lotta health, what do I do lol?

    Edit: I got the trophy, and btw you don't have to board the ship's even on the remastered edition.

    submitted by /u/Frost_Archive
    [link] [comments]

    Has the audio in AC Origins has always been this way?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 09:23 PM PDT

    I've bought the game on PS4 recently and it has been having really trashy audio compared to other gameplays. What can I do, and why is this happening?

    submitted by /u/Mochitito
    [link] [comments]

    I recently completed my first playthrough of the entire series. Here's my thoughts on it!

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 09:01 PM PDT

    No doubt there's been a bunch of these posted already. I know that none asked me for my opinions, but I recently finished the entire series, and since I wrote a short paragraph on each game after I finished it, I feel I might as well post it somewhere.

    Some relevant information. Before this playthrough of the series, my previous experience with the franchise has been a complete playthrough of AC2 and AC: Brotherhood, and less than an hour of AC: Revelations and AC3 each. If a title had a remaster, that was the version of the game that I chose to play. I considered a game "done" once I had reached at-least ninety-five percent game completion, and all Achievements had been completed. All titles were played on the Xbox OneX.

    First of, the rankings, done after finishing Odyssey. No doubt I enjoy titles others loathe, but in the end these are just my own opinions.

    1. Syndicate. 2. Rogue 3. Odyssey 4. Black Flag 5. Brotherhood 6. Origins 7. AC3 8. AC2 9. Assassin's Creed 10. Revelations 11. Liberation 12. Unity. 

    Right, let's get on with it. It's going to be a lengthy read.

    • Assassin's Creed. 

    Not a whole lot to say. Extremely repetitive story setup – Go to contact in city, kill your target after doing repetitive side missions collecting information, go to the next city and do the exact same thing, then do it again, and again, and again. The stale mission setup isn't helped by a colour-graded environment that comes off feeling very grey, boring and dead. Hunting collectables proved to be one of the, if not the most annoying experiences I've had in a game, what with 500+ unmarked collectables spread out over a fairly large, albeit empty, world.

    All that whining over with, the game has some positive aspects. I absolutely loved the enemy-turned-friend relationship that developed between Malik and Altair throughout the game. The VA performing Altair was wonderful, in my opinion. Although I've heard most players dislike the VAs voice for the role, I was sad to see him recast for Revelations. The other part I enjoyed about the first game was the story itself, and mainly the villains. Each are interesting, and unique. I sat through each assassination cutscene, actually invested and interested in their motives.

    • Assassin's Creed 2. 

    The favorite game of many people, for good reason. AC2 is a brilliant continuation of the series, patching up most areas where the first game failed. Ezio is charismatic and engaging, the story is varied and well-written, and the combat s vastly improved. Gear customisation, town management, collectables that actually show up on the map, pleasant all-around.

    But, the dreaded but, the game still came up short for me. Apart from Ezio and a handful of main characters, most weren't as memorable as the characters in the previous title. Though the game takes place in multiple areas, which feel different and separate, they still have that "empty" feeling, along with a dreadful colour-scheme that seems to zap life from the screen, especially in Venice.

    My main gripe with the game was the length. An odd complaint perhaps, but once I was done with Venice, I felt like the game had run out of steam. Side missions were completely stale at this point, and once I had reached Forli to save the lady Sforza (Again), I really felt like I had to force myself to push through the rest of the story towards the next title in the series.

    • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. 

    Definitely the highlight of the Desmond-centred games. Brotherhood is nearly a direct upgrade to AC2 in every way. Combat, story, graphics, it's simply a better game. I found myself enjoying the game far, far more than the previous instalment, even though it was my second playthrough. It's simply so much more… alive, than previous titles. Rome looks vibrant and crowded. Factions offer you challenges, adding flavour to the world. Enemies have distinct types, and tactics. The first appearance of the Initiates/Assassins mini game offers little on paper, but adds to the lore, and makes gameplay more interesting thanks to the overpowered call-to-arms abilities. Most importantly, the personal vendetta against the Borgia makes for a more compelling story, and unlike AC2, I never found myself thinking "Fuck, how much longer is this game going to be?". I would share my negative opinions on the title, but none really irritated me enough to note down.

    • Assassin's Creed: Revelations 

    Though different, and engaging in some parts, I found Revelations to be a snore. While the sendoff to Ezio was beautiful in a way, I found the story to be pretty pointless. I really enjoyed the characters. Yusuf, Prince 👌 and Sofia all added to the experience. On the other hand, the villains did not hold up. Even with the main story so "distant" in comparison to the very personal story of AC:B; It still felt very odd having the sendoff to Ezio be nothing more than a convoluted book chase.

    While not a terrible game, it simply didn't hold up to it's excellent predecessor. If the two weren't launched next to each other, I might have enjoyed it more. My complaints aside, there were a few good parts. Combat improved yet again. Bombs were interesting, yet unbalanced. The whole "inside the Animus" stuff with Clay was entertaining. Though boring in terms of gameplay, I really enjoyed Demond's Journey, which brought some flavour to a pretty bland lead-character so far.

    • Assassin's Creed 3 

    Still not sure how I feel about this game. On the one hand, I loved parts of the game; The homestead, anything involving the interesting and well-voiced Haytham, the naval missions, the vastly improved gameplay and combat upgrades. There was a lot of good things about the final title of the Desmond story, but the negatives still ends up outweighing the positives, or at the very least, bringing the scales to an almost even point.

    Connor as a main character is very divisive. At certain parts of the game, he's lighthearted, heroic or kind – In other parts of the game he's a rude, unpleasant whiny kid, constantly whining or making snide remarks. Perhaps 'm exaggerating his behaviour. I suspect my dislike of his character at certain moments is partly because he doesn't hold up compared to Ezio's roguish, kind-hearted personality. It often feels like a different person wrote the "Homestead Connor with a heart-of-gold" in comparison to the "I like to complain" person that seems to replace "Homestead Connor" anytime he's interacting with a founding father. The story is entertaining in parts, predictable and boring in others. Villains are just that, villains, seemingly with few motives other than "Being evil". Most of the historical figures are shown as morons, which is a new take, but it gets long in the tooth when for the tenth time, the game hammers you on the head on how much of a failure Washington "really" was. While I've complained a lot, I'd still say the game was a positive experience. Apart from the King Washington DLC. God, that was a true CBT experience.

    • Assassin's Creed: Liberation. 

    Right, well, what can you say. It's a PS Vita port. You get what you expect. A short, very predictable story, with fairly monotonous gameplay. That said, for a handheld port, I was still pretty impressed with how well it held up. It had some interesting gameplay features. Personas for Eveline to alter combat and stealth. A run-of-the-mill mini game that I somehow found enjoyable. Varied areas to explore, from Mayan ruins, to tepid swamps. I can't really hate, or love the game, it's simply a title you move through quickly without any strong feelings on it once you're done.

    • Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. 

    Oh boy, had I been excited for this one. The title everyone seem to love, the most "Not an Assassin's Creed game" game until the current gen iterations claimed that title. The hype was definitely worth it. Gorgeous environments, a charismatic lead character, wonderful naval combat, a violent and interesting story – Black Flag was the fresh breath of air the franchise needed after so many titles with little new added to them. There was just so many improvements. Shipbuilding; It felt great building up the Jackdaw, being a pirate and raising hell. Combat; Jumping onto a ship and filling the air with smoke as you unload flintlock after flintlock into the Redcoats. Exploring; With each location having a checklist of what there is to do, exploring stopped feeling like a chore.

    In short, I loved Black Flag. It was an excellent title that really set my mind on pushing through on the journey across the franchise. The slights I felt it had at the time were quickly forgotten post-completion, so they can't have been that major.

    • Assassin's Creed: Rogue 

    Okay, I know, I'm very, very stupid, not only did I rank Rogue above Black Flag, I also have it in my top three. Don't hate me for that. I have a hard time justifying my enjoyment of Rogue. Maybe it was the series-long villains being portrayed as sensible people, maybe it was the enjoyable performance by Shay's VA, maybe it was the environment of the cold freezing north, the wild forests and the bustling cities, but god-damn, I loved almost every moment of the game. The plot was somewhat predictable, and the whole "Templars bad, Assassins good" from previous titles was obviously just reversed, but I swallowed that change hook, line and sinker. Perhaps the shorter story, and smaller world added to my enjoyment. There never was that feeling in the back of my head of "It's really long, huh" that started during the last few hours of Black Flag. I fully accept that I'm wrong on the ranking of this title, I can't defend my enjoyment of it, but enjoy it I did.

    My biggest gripe with the title was the real-world stuff. Particularly anything and everything involving Otso Berg. God damn, that character makes me want to mute the game. It's almost silly how little I enjoyed the game anytime Mr. Badass was on-screen. The ending scene where he and his buddies recruits the real life protagonist is my least favourite part of the entire franchise. That's saying something, especially compared to how little I enjoyed Unity. Speaking of the trolls…

    • Assassin's Creed: Unity 

    Unity. Even if you hadn't played the game, you'd no doubt seen screenshots of in-game models with their faces missing, or any of the other hilarious early release bugs. Thankfully, I didn't experience many bugs myself. What I did experience was a predictable, slow game filled to the brim with side missions and collectables littered across the map. Once I had uncovered the map, I literally exclaimed "What the fuck" as I saw a map so filled with so many collectables, side characters, repetitive murder mysteries, co-op missions and what-have-you, that you wont even be able to read the map without developing a headache; Which would be excusable, if the map activities were actually entertaining. To describe Unity in a sentence: A long, boring, slog.

    While I really enjoyed the combat and movement for the first few hours, by the end of the playthrough I absolutely hated it. Movement and combat feels slow, realistic and measured. Freeclimbing looks, and feels more realistic than ever before. All of this, would be good, if freerunning wasn't actually the player themself, fighting the controls, yelling at Arno to do what you're fucking telling him to do. And if combat wasn't so repetitive, with enemies coming in a tiny pool of types and behaviours. In essence, gameplay feels like one step forward, five steps back – With small, but noticeable things removed for seemingly no reason. Features like whistling and body shield completely removed. Stealth definitely feeling worse than ever before. I know Unity has many fans claiming it's the best title in the series, but I respectfully disagree with that opinion. Unity is in my opinion, a terrible game.

    One of few positives is the new equipment system which adds a lot of flavour, and Arno as whole. I really did enjoy Arno the character, and his actors performance; He really has that rogue-like charm that Ezio had. Shame such a promising character was cast in such a let down of a game.

    • Assassin's Creed: Syndicate 

    I already know how I'll look putting Syndicate as my number one, but fuck it. I truly enjoyed almost every minute of the game. The majority of the main story comes off as bland, but man, London and the activities within are so darn enjoyable. Plenty of side missions that are actually engaging and rewarding. A revamped stealth system that works better than ever before. Carriages that tilt to the side as you drift around a corner at full speed, loud clangs of metal as you slam into the sidewalk ornaments with a crash. A set of siblings that offer different viewpoints and playstyles. Historical characters that for the first time, doesn't feel like they were shoehorned into the game just to stand around being "Historical figure X". An excellent leveling system. A fairly shallow but enjoyable gang system that brought back good memories of raising hell with my homies in Ballas territory circa two thousand four. Collectables that actually rewards you with lore – Posters, beer reviews and so on. Syndicate has so many small things that makes me love it. I entered the game very annoyed, and pessimistic after going through the boring slog that Unity ended up being. Thankfully I grew to love almost every part of the game, even the aspects of it that I disliked at first.

    Combat felt odd after the slow, realistic combat of Unity. Snappy, quick, combo-building roughhousing. I disliked it at first, but once I got the hang of it, it was the most enjoyable combat since AC3. Avoiding hits, dodging left and right, breaking blocks, dodging marksmen, knocking heads with your brass knuckles until you're way above a hundred on the combo counter, it quickly grew addicting. In previous titles, combat could become an annoyance. "Oh great, more enemies, 1-2-3, 1-2-3, same routine as the previous, predictable waves of enemies attacking one at a time." - Nope! Enemies in Syndicate comes after you one after the other without giving you time to breathe, a relentless assaults of baddies that wont give you a moments rest. I grew to love it. I even grew to love the zipline gun. I thought it horrible silly, and stupid, but by the end of the game I really felt like I'd miss it in the next title, and how smooth, quick and enjoyable it made it to traverse the boroughs of London.

    I could go on for ages, I simply love this game.

    • Assassin's Creed: Origins 

    If you had me rate the first few hours of Origins, it would have been a top three. The first twenty-thirty hours, it would have been top five. Perhaps that statement explain it's position on the map. It's simply too big of a map, with too many uninteresting, bland locations that offers little new next to the other fifty nigh-identical locations of it's type scattered across the map.

    The main story is decent, but rudderless. The entire plotline about the founding of the Hidden Ones feels extremely shoehorned, it just seems to pop out of the blue. Bayek is a great character. He's probably the best example of a "Pleasant, morally good person", that we've had as a protagonist so far. It's hard to describe what's wrong about Origins, because really, nothing is actually wrong with it. The game is just simply not what you would expect from a free roam RPG, which this title, although many disagree, actually is. What we're left off with is a confused on-the-rails Assassin's Creed game of the past. Just chugging along as the game tries but fails to fill a world with interesting side quests and locations, instead having them be populated with poorly lipsynked/animated characters that you will forgot the names of as soon as you finish their quest.

    Writing this, I don't know why I am being so negative on this one. I clearly enjoyed it, it's sixth on the list. The slow, boring clean up of the world map during my finishing hours really tainted my experience. It's not a bad game, it's far from it. Combat is new, and exciting, the world is gorgeous and intriguing. Like I said, Bayek is a joy to control. It's simply not all there yet. If AC2 was a learning experience to make AC:Brotherhood a greater game, then Origins was a practice run to improve open world aspects in order to make the next game even better.

    • Assassin's Creed: Odyssey 

    I'd say Odyssey was a great success if my previous statement holds any weight. Odyssey is an improvement on everything Origins did. Combat, leveling, the mercenary system, actual player decisions that affects quests and the world itself. If Origins was Ubisoft dipping their toes into the RPG puddle – Odyssey is Ubisoft taking a leap of faith and jumping straight into the deep part. Barely anything like the first iterations of the franchise, Odyssey is a bad Assassin's Creed game, and a terrific RPG. The world is filled with things to do, and has an extensive equipment and leveling system. I can't think of a single aspect of the game that Odyssey did not improve on in comparison with Origins.

    Every, damn, area of the game has something for you to do, and it actually manages to make it varied in the process. Main missions has different branches. Side quests are often quirky and amusing. Destroy an areas infrastructure then assassinate or recruit it's leader, and beat either faction on the battlefield. Hunt legendary animal bosses. Avoid or seek out mercenaries. Go treasure hunting after finding a tablet. Search for and eliminate cult members. Scour the Greek lands for unique gear, sail the seas with your customizable Trireme, and so much more. What Origins lacked in free roaming, Odyssey captures perfectly.

    I understand why one might dislike Odyssey, it's not the Assassin's Creed we've known and loved for thirteen years, but after playing through the entire franchise, I truly believe the series could not have survived for much longer without the strong change of direction and fresh breath of air that Origins and Odyssey provided.

    That's about it. I apologise for the sub-par grammar and syntax, and all the specific things I complain about or bring up in one paragraph, and then forget and bring up something completely different in discussing the next game. Most was written around a week after finishing the title discussed, so have some leeway for my scatterbrained rambling.

    And oh yeah, I'm really excited for Valhalla.

    submitted by /u/Jarpa_L
    [link] [comments]

    What is Assassin’s creed initiates and companion? (unity)

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 05:14 PM PDT

    Can anyone tell me what the absolute fuck is Initiates and what is Companion? I'm replaying unity and I keep noticing all over the pause menu something that is called Initiates and Companion? What are they? Are they the same thing? I keep clicking on them but it keeps saying ERROR. Why?

    I know at some point years ago I downloaded a companion app for unity but I really don't remember anything about it, so I need someone to refresh my mind. As for Initiates, I never go to see what the hell it was. I got the game in December on the same year it was released, but I really don't know anything about this. Can someone please explain this to me?

    submitted by /u/NonverbalGore24
    [link] [comments]

    I accidentally started playing the series in chronological order. I’ll let you guys know how it goes.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    Last year I bought Odyssey with the Season Pass and got Assassins Creed 3 remastered. To be honest, as a long time fan of the series I didn't really buy Odyssey for Odyssey, it was half off and I bought it for AC3. I miss the big mechanics and the tone that's missing in Odyssey.

    However, I as I was playing both simultaneously I got inspired to pick back up on a video project I'm working on, a retrospective of the series. I recently bought the camera to record, and my green screen is on the way.

    And so I decided I'd play through ALL of the games again to refine my opinions. I've only ever played most of them once.

    Well, I played through Odyssey while I was starting AC3, but now I'm saying that one for later since I've played through it quite a few times back in the day. Now I'm onto Origins, which I've played only once, because I want to be able to properly compare those mechanics and changes to the series to Odyssey.

    But after Origins, I'm back to the original series. So I jump to AC1, The Ezio Trilogy, and since I'm already halfway through 3 I'm actually just going to play Black Flag, Rouge, finish 3, move onto Unity and Syndicate.

    I'll let you guys know how the story flows from this perspective.

    submitted by /u/meme_abstinent
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment