• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 30, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Introducing our "New Initiates Guide", featuring game summaries and recommendations for newcomers and returning players!

    Assassin's Creed Introducing our "New Initiates Guide", featuring game summaries and recommendations for newcomers and returning players!


    Introducing our "New Initiates Guide", featuring game summaries and recommendations for newcomers and returning players!

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 07:00 AM PDT

    Introducing our "New Initiates Guide", featuring game summaries and recommendations for newcomers and returning players!

    Hey everyone!

    After closing our survey and reading through the answers of over 800 participants, we are proud to announce the finished version of our "New Initiates Guide"! There are several ways to access it:

    1. By clicking the "Which game to play?" on Reddit Redesign on desktop. For the Reddit app you can select it by clicking the "Menu" option first.

    https://preview.redd.it/d3zjv1223v751.png?width=583&format=png&auto=webp&s=67953909f80b52b9e1bb731ef67fdde351522d4a

    1. By visiting our subreddit Wiki and selecting the "New Initiates Guide".

    2. By clicking on one of the direct links below:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/wiki/whichgametoplay (Redesign, Mobile)

    https://old.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/wiki/whichgametoplay (Old Reddit)

    Meant to help both newcomers and returning players, it aims to answer the often repeated "Which game I should play ?" question. It contains a brief overview of the franchise, some broad recommendations based on specific preferences (such as RPG elements, naval combat, lore etc.) and finally - a more detailed description of each game that includes a trailer, basic information such as platforms, key features etc. and summaries of each game.

    The game summaries, listed under the "What our community thinks" sections are all based on keywords taken directly from the survey and our hope is they provide a relatively brief, but detailed information on how the game fits within the franchise, what new additions it brings and a little bit about the story without giving anything away.

    We hope the guide will be a a useful resource to anyone, who's looking to get into the franchise or is wondering on what game to play next.

    - The Moderator team of r/assassinscreed

    submitted by /u/Ghost_LeaderBG
    [link] [comments]

    Drew AC:Valhalla Fanart in Children's Book style.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 06:42 AM PDT

    I started playing in iso - my journey and some thoughts on the series so far

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 05:46 PM PDT

    TLDR: I love the series.

    My son started playing AC at the start of this year and was completely obsessed with the series, but all the games were at his dad's house. I had a PS3 that I was using as a media centre, so I stopped by the local games shop and picked up a copy of AC2 and Rogue for $5 each so he could play when he was staying with me (and I got in trouble for, because his dad wanted him to play them at in order, and he hadn't finished Altair yet!).

    Fast forward a couple of months, and we're in full lockdown. Due to homeschooling, it was easier for my son to stay at his Dad's, so I spent A LOT of time on my own. Binge watched a lot of crap, did a lot of puzzles, etc, and eventually decided to give AC2 a go. Given I mainly play pokemongo or mobile games, I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did, and it gave me something to talk about with my son.

    He was also progressing through games quickly, and told me his favourite game so far was Brotherhood - so I started hunting for other versions of the game. Luckily, the main gaming store shows what they have in stock at each local store, so I got Brotherhood at one store, and Revelations and the original at another nearby.

    I finished AC2, and then tried to play the original, but alas, it got stuck on a loading screen and didn't work. I then started playing Brotherhood - I liked the way it was similar to AC2, but it appeared brighter and more vibrant, and being able to ride horses in the city. I also have read quite a bit about Lucrezia Borgia and loved the TV show "The Borgias" so thoroughly enjoyed the narrative.

    When I finished this, I didn't have enough room to install Revelations without uninstalling the other games - and I read enough online to know that it would probably be better to have played the original game before that anyway. I started playing AC2 from the start, actively looking for the glyphs and feathers as I went.

    When some lockdown restrictions were lifted, I was able to go to the next city to buy a new copy of the orginal, plus AC3 and Black Flag.

    I enjoyed the original, but (as it's already been noted) found it very repetitive, however I'm glad I played it in full, as it put a lot of Revelations into context. I also learnt that uninstalling games from the PS3 didn't mean losing progress in them as game saves are completely different (hey, the last console I had for playing games was a PS2, entirely dependent on memory cards!)

    Revelations grew on me as I played - I liked old man Ezio, and really enjoyed the way the score had been changed to a minor key, making it feel a little more Eastern, but also the game is a little sad. Yusef totally deserved better!

    I didn't bother with completing all of Desmond's journey - I did the first two, but all those levels did was infuriate me a lot (and I found them on youtube).

    These first four games were absolutely inspiring for my son and I -we used them to discuss history and geography (thanks u/hugvvarts for finding the map for me, and u/GIICAnjos for the original post). We looked up videos of Tuscany and the crusades. I ordered the colouring book for his birthday and we have spent time colouring together while we talk.

    We also watched Linage and Embers over the weekend - the latter brought me to tears!

    I've now started AC3 and I have to say I'm not enjoying it much at all right now - Haytham is a boring protagonist (yes, my son has already told me spoilers about conor) and there seem to be a lot of cut scenes that are just exposition right now. They feel like they drag so much - the earlier games they didn't feel so long. I'm also not a big fan of how the controls have changed - I thought I was getting quite good at playing (and the fact that I finished Revelations in a few days shows how comfortable I as getting) but now I screw up all the fights and my free run.

    I'm hoping once I start the Conor journey it will pick up, but so far, not inspired at all :(

    In case anyone is wondering, my son is now up to Unity at his Dad's house. He facetimed me the other day to show me Notre Dame, as I made him climb the bell tower when we were in Paris a couple of years ago. Right now, I'm considering a trip to Italy and Constantinople once the world opens up again.

    Anyway, thanks for sticking around to read my long ramble about why I like the games. My favourite is still very much AC2 - I think without that being as well done as it was, the series wouldn't have lasted a decade.

    submitted by /u/myredlightsaber
    [link] [comments]

    Prince of Persia (2010) movie was what Assassin's Creed (2016) should have been

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 04:33 AM PDT

    Off the bat I know Prince of Persia was certainly no masterpiece. Nonetheless I saw it for the first time recently and enjoyed the old-fashioned adventure epic style that I would have gladly taken over the miserable seriousness that was Assassin's Creed.

    I should add this approach wouldn't work with some of the games (Liberation comes to mind) but an Assassins film needs to have a sense of adventure which I think was sadly missing from the 2016 attempt.

    Has anyone else seen both and thought the same, or did you like what Fassbender did?

    submitted by /u/Lekgolah5
    [link] [comments]

    How come Rogue was so unbalanced?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 06:47 PM PDT

    Like, 95% of the game is completing the map. Is there something I'm missing or what?

    I've finished the main story already and the only reason I have as much covered as I do is because I was systematically doing areas on the way to memories.

    Half of New York doesn't seem to get touched, and the North Atlantic is barely there by the time you have any freedom.

    I'm a tragic completionist for the most part, but this just seems like more work than my time is worth, especially when I'm in catch up mode.

    submitted by /u/Archie_Gradian
    [link] [comments]

    I painted Jacob and evie from assassin's creed syndicate! (I would appreciate some feedback❤️)

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 05:46 AM PDT

    Recently finished AC2 and I have a few thoughts

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 03:01 PM PDT

    A quick note I am not a hard person to please. I think if a game is made well and I enjoy it then it's a good game. I also started with AC Black Flag played all the way to Odyssey and am now doubling back to the older games.

    After finishing AC2 from the Ezio collection about a week ago, I've sat with it so I could figure out what I wanted to write. That being said...

    When I first began the game I was kind of upset, yes it's and older game but since I'm playing from the Ezio Collection I was hoping for better graphics for Desmond and was let down. However, the graphics for the actual assassin gameplay are amazing. As the game progressed, assassin and modern day, it felt like the graphics became better the more I looked at it. Now, I think seeing it in anyway besides what it is would throw me off. The setting of AC2 is incredibly made.

    Before starting the game I told myself that I would try to avoid fast travel as much as possible. Thankfully the game made it easy and they make you pay to fast travel. I liked this because I could experience the map and design in its entirety, however, riding a horse through the mountains became tedious after the first couple of times.

    Some other things I liked about the game is that... 1. Eagle Vision lasts until you turn it off. 2. You have to plan the route you take for climbing because unlike in Origins and Odyssey you physically can't climb everything. I will admit that I'm used to Odyssey where fall damage doesn't exist so even now as I'm finishing the game I find myself taking fall damage more than I'd care to admit. 3. Acquiring tools like the double blade is given to you as you progress through the story and not something you have to buy. But the skills like leaping to grab a ledge, the inability to do that at the very beginning of the game made me upset because I wanted to synchronize as much as I could as fast as I could. 4. My favorite part of the game was the ability to work with Leonardo Davinci.

    Overall the game is amazing, the one thing I really didn't like about it was how you had to lock onto a target to shoot or use throwing knives. I definitely prefer the ability to aim on my own. Other than that I literally have no complaints.

    I feel like a lot of people are playing the Ezio Collection so feel free to add to this discussion and tell me what you do/don't like and what is or isn't your favorite part so far! I just started Brotherhood and I'm loving it so far.

    submitted by /u/icantucanu
    [link] [comments]

    Long ago (8 yrs ago) I created this Assassin’s Creed spoof with my friends in high school. We all loved AC2 and thought it was hilarious. Hope you enjoy!

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 02:26 PM PDT

    Where can I find someone to roleplay assassins creed lore related stories?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 11:46 PM PDT

    I'm looking for someone who would like to have an Assassins Creed roleplay, the time and setting can be discussed before beginning

    submitted by /u/Keitasum
    [link] [comments]

    How do I leave the Animus?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 09:18 AM PDT

    Im going for platinum in Brotherhood and have a few trophies in 2012 I need to complete, but I can't find where to leave the Animus. I have completed the game, so it isn't on home pause screen. Anyone who can help?

    submitted by /u/Olaf_Moldt
    [link] [comments]

    did Domenico Auditore actually meet Mario Auditore?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 09:04 AM PDT

    when Mario Auditore showed Ezio the Sanctuary in AC 2, Mario mentioned that when he was young, his great-grandfather (Domenico Auditore) had showed him the Sanctuary.

    now my question is, wouldn't Domenico be long dead by the time Mario was born? I mean, he was alive during 1296 (2 centuries before Mario was born), so how did Mario meet Domenico when Domenico would of been already dead?

    submitted by /u/TheHood2001
    [link] [comments]

    My Conor is almost finished

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 01:16 PM PDT

    I beat Assassin's Creed Syndicate with Jacob at Level 1 and Evie at level 2.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    Hi, everyone, this is my first time posting to this sub-reddit. About a two or three years ago I had gotten into the Kingdom Hearts series, I had enjoyed watching speed-runs and the sort, especially Level 1 runs (Beat the game at level 1). A while back I had decided to replay my second game I've played in the series, Assassin's Creed Syndicate (PS4), and I remembered how the game had a leveling up system. So a "genius" idea popped into my brain, why don't I beat the game without leveling up Jacob and Evie?

    I would follow these requirements:

    • No purchasing of perks to level up (Unless the game requires)
    • Cannot use Gang upgrades ( Weapon, Outfit, or Equipment upgrades can only be purchased during the final mission)

    If I need to edit the post to make sure I have all the rules I used, I will update as such.

    I had already completed this run before, if anyone would like me to redue the run and post each sequence in detail, please let me know.

    submitted by /u/BanditKingZaulg
    [link] [comments]

    AC Origins: After I max 45 will XP carry over to Pharaohs DLC?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 03:55 PM PDT

    I hit 45 my xp bar is full. I want to quest around before I get Pharaohs. will the xp I get carry over or be wasted?

    submitted by /u/Jazoua
    [link] [comments]

    AC Unity has the best graphics from franchise?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 02:49 AM PDT

    I revisited the game with a proper PC since 2014 and I'm impressed that this game on max settings has a very beautiful graphics like a modern game.

    submitted by /u/ElectroWolf138
    [link] [comments]

    ACO: Can you purchase multiple "Materials -Small Pack" Will they all be available for all saves?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 09:08 PM PDT

    I have 700 Helix from buying the gold edition of the game and am looking to spend them since they won't carry over to Odyssey or Valhalla. From my research on the interwebs, it seems the best thing to buy is mats. Can I buy the mats pack 3 times and get 120 of each? Will they be available on all saves?

    submitted by /u/-Entilzha_Valen-
    [link] [comments]

    A Desperate Plea to Bring Back Unity-esque Assassin’s Creed

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 04:51 AM PDT

    I first bought and played Unity on release after having been super excited from its epic trailers and promotional footage. However, the game obviously released with massive issues and I uninstalled it, never getting deep into the game.

    Soured from the experience, I skipped Syndicate and played Origins due to the raving reviews. However, I could not get into Origins at all. The de-emphasis of stealth and parkour, the sparse maps, the clunky camel straight out of the Witcher 3, and combat being weightless, arcady, and blatantly unrealistic (enemies taking dozens of stabs with a spear, really?) completely killed all passion I had for the franchise.

    In 2020, bored from the quarantine, I found AC Unity videos popping up in my recommended and decided to give it another go (PS4 Pro). The game runs like an absolute dream, and the Revolution era Paris is literally the most beautiful game I've ever played in my life. It makes RDR2 look ugly in comparison. The parkour was extremely refined, with animations straight out of free running montages, and an absolute feeling of speed. This combined seamlessly into the stealth system, which is the best the franchise has ever been. Stealth in this game, when played correctly, is fast and fluid, and you feel like Arno from the cinematic trailers when going through guards in ornate palaces. The combat, while the worst feature in the game, is very close to optimal AC combat in my opinion. The weapons feel weighty, and pack a punch even against higher level enemies. Likewise, enemies are actually a threat, since you can quickly get overwhelmed, and Arno can't take many hits, which I absolutely love.

    All of the gameplay mechanics of AC Unity changed in the right direction from the Ezio and Kenway saga. This isn't to say there isn't any room for improvement. The parkour system is a bit too on rails for my standards, not giving the player quite enough freedom and holding the player's hands too often. The combat, as many have mentioned, is too slow. However, they are not far from a perfect system. A more hands-on, manual version of the Unity parkour would be perfect, and Unity's combat system sped up (Arkham level speed) with Kenway's human bullet shields, and fewer stun bombs/gunshots in general would be perfect for me.

    It pains me to see Assassin's Creed go in the direction of the unrealistic RPG, when the one unique part of the franchise used to be its semi-grounded gameplay. If I wanted to play an RPG style game, I could play countless other titles that do it way better such as the Witcher or the Souls-like games.

    I know this will probably go unheard, but please, Ubisoft, I beg for the next game to be built on the Unity framework, and for the Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla experiment to either be expanded into a separate franchise/alternate AC branch, and restart the mainline AC branch, maybe with something like one in Feudal Japan with the mechanical improvements I described above.

    submitted by /u/chenbm4
    [link] [comments]

    What are your general thought's on Odyssey? (Just finished the DLC and Main Story)

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 11:54 AM PDT

    Some of my thoughts about the game are down below -

    IMO the Cult would have been replaced by the order of ancients. Having so many different shadowy organizations is getting tired. Instead of getting an origin story about the assassins brotherhood this game should've been about the origins of the Templars? (still not 100% about that) and how they took root throughout the world.

    Anyway I feel like AC games should be more like guided story telling that you play through (like GOW) so that it follows the commandments directly because that's what made the original trilogy with Ezio so good. It was excellent storytelling that captivated the audience who experienced it. Giving the player major choices in someones memory that you shouldn't be able to change is B.S even if its fragmented DNA it doesn't explain the modern day protagonist scene with the staff of Hermes.

    I enjoyed playing through the game for sure the conquest system wasn't great but it was still fun. Gameplay was decent even though I feel most of it doesn't belong in the franchise.

    Alexios/Kassandra's story was half baked at best with Ubisoft needing some protagonist seeking vengeance against a shadowy org. It felt to me that they didnt care about the AC franchise when making it. Origins had this cliche down really well and Im not saying it needs to be changed but definitely should be more creative or less "fuck it, someone dies".

    thanks for reading through this mess, am very excited for Valhalla after reading about some of the gameplay changes.

    submitted by /u/christian-arroyo
    [link] [comments]

    I’m actually shocked that crouching was not a staple of the early games.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 04:47 PM PDT

    Crouching seems like such a no-brainer in a franchise oriented around stealth, and Unity has deftly shown us what quality crouching mechanics can add to the gameplay, and even other old gen games like AC4 have implemented some kind of crouching system (hiding in underbrush) to enhance the combat experience.

    I'm just shocked, that's all.

    submitted by /u/SimpleWayfarer
    [link] [comments]

    Why is the camera control of Unity and Syndicate so bad? (PC)

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 08:28 PM PDT

    Seriously. I love both games, but how come their camera movement is so trash? It's so clunky, non-responsive. It's like it doesn't register your mouse movement when you turn it quickly. It becomes so frustrating especially when you're trying to look behind your character.

    Does anybody else has the same problem? I reinstalled Unity once and verified game files for Syndicate twice and problems still persisted.

    These are the only 2 games in which this happens. Origins and Odyssey are completely fine.

    submitted by /u/AugustoRudzinski
    [link] [comments]

    What's going on with AC Valhalla and do we know when they will actually show gameplay?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 07:54 PM PDT

    Back before Ismail was suspended they were supposedly going to show gameplay early June. What's going on?

    submitted by /u/InsertUsernameHere32
    [link] [comments]

    "Optimized for Xbox Series X"

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 12:17 PM PDT

    I have a PS4, and I intend on getting a PS5 a couple of months after launch. It seems that Assassin's Creed Valhalla will be optimized for the Xbox Series X, meaning it was built for the Xbox and it will take advantage of the Xbox's hardware.

    The same thing happened with Black Flag - it was built for the PS3/4. At launch Black Flag on the PS3/4 had a higher resolution than on the Xbox 360/1. Will the same thing happen this time, to PlayStation's disadvantage? How do you think it will affect things like the loading speed and/or the FPS negatively for PlayStation players? Or will it just be the same on both consoles?

    submitted by /u/sombat92
    [link] [comments]

    What makes Rogue one of the best AC games? Or it doesn’t.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 03:12 PM PDT

    I saw a thread somewhere discussing the order of greatness in which to place AC games and Rogue was for a lot of people at or near the top.

    Now, I don't remember it thouroghly, as I played it only once long time ago and I know that I rushed through it very quickly. Maybe it's due for a replay - determining that is basically the intent behind this post.

    I remember somewhat liking the story, the twist in the gameplay and a different side to assassins vs. templars. Shay helped building that as he was a well and in depth developed character. But on the other hand, it felt like Black Flag (which is awesome, but I don't need another one, I can always play it again).

    What do you guys think? What made you love or hate it? Does somebody regard it as absolute top of the franchise?

    submitted by /u/GorGre
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a reasons for why, in all the promotional material, the eyes of the protagonists are always in shadow?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 03:00 PM PDT

    I know this is a very specific and niche question, and the answer may be pointless, but I'm dying to know. Is there a reason for this other than that it looks cool?

    submitted by /u/MyrKeys
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment