• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 27, 2020

    Assassin's Creed I finally finished crafting my Cosplay of Eivor from Assassin's Creed Valhalla! You guys liked my shield, so I thought I would share the finished product.

    Assassin's Creed I finally finished crafting my Cosplay of Eivor from Assassin's Creed Valhalla! You guys liked my shield, so I thought I would share the finished product.


    I finally finished crafting my Cosplay of Eivor from Assassin's Creed Valhalla! You guys liked my shield, so I thought I would share the finished product.

    Posted: 26 May 2020 01:17 PM PDT

    My drawing of Altaïr Ibn-La’ Ahad

    Posted: 26 May 2020 04:50 AM PDT

    I made a minimalist Assassin's Creed 2 poster.

    Posted: 26 May 2020 02:34 PM PDT

    I made this AC Syndicate fanart, let me know what you guys think about it.

    Posted: 26 May 2020 02:20 AM PDT

    I drew Amunet! Lately been replaying Origins and Odyssey with the hype for Valhalla

    Posted: 26 May 2020 09:56 AM PDT

    New info about Assassin's Creed: Valhalla - from the new issue of Playstation magazine UK

    Posted: 26 May 2020 11:37 PM PDT

    Odyssey's side characters were great.

    Posted: 26 May 2020 10:23 PM PDT

    I know Odyssey seems to be taking a hit lately in terms of popularity on the sub. But one thing I felt it honestly did better in was side characters. In particular the historical ones.

    Socrates, Hippokrates, Herodotus, Alcibiades, etc.

    My favorite part of the game was actually doing all the missions for these historical figures.

    Being a history teacher I love being able to interact with these people. Which is another reason I enjoyed Unity and AC3 so much.

    I felt Origins used the big characters on a li arhe scale, and they didnt really have side stuff.

    While Oddysey I genuinely felt Kassandra was a freind with them.

    submitted by /u/eric7064
    [link] [comments]

    My goodness, why did I turn down Assassin's Creed Syndicate, twice?! It deserves so much more love, it's amazing!

    Posted: 26 May 2020 07:35 AM PDT

    I don't know why, but I never gave it a chance the first two times I tried the game. Maybe because I was a bit worn out by the franchise (I mean, a new game every year for 5+ years might be a bit too much, which Ubi obviously understood well), but I'm trying it again and it's... Beautiful.

    I had the game on disc but I lost all my PS4 discs last month. I wanted to play AC again because It's been a long time since I had one and I saw some footage of the game on YouTube and immediately I was like, why did I turn it down, twice?! So I bought another copy of the game and I'm hooked.

    The density of the city, all the people in it, the vibe overall, it just works so well. That, combined with the music makes it so immersive. And I was surprised by the graphics as well. I play on PS4 and the game is just gorgeous, not like "it aged well", it just looks amazing, up to this day.

    There is just so much to do in this game, the side characters (with black and gold quest icons) are so interesting to do, it almost makes me forget about the actual main questline. I also find it really soothing to just walk around the city, buy some treasure maps and just go through all those chest locations. I never had that with an AC game before.

    To everyone who hasn't played it yet and have some spare time during these weird times, give it another shot. And if you already did, try it again because I'm amazed by this game and it took me 3 attempts to trigger that effect on me.

    I really hope that Ubisoft combines AC Origins with AC Syndicate, to get the best of both world (I played Odyssey, and although it was big and beautiful, it just wasn't an AC game in my opinion).

    I just finished Sequence 4 and I can't wait for the adventure ahead, I'm having those old school AC vibes and I'm so happy about that, just wanted to share that.

    Have a great day everyone:)

    submitted by /u/tycho500
    [link] [comments]

    I found AC1 icon very ugly, so I decided to redesign it. What do you think?

    Posted: 26 May 2020 01:57 PM PDT

    Assassin's Creed would've been a master of foreshadowing.

    Posted: 26 May 2020 09:50 AM PDT

    I'm playing the Ezio collection again. And after playing all the other games and hearing about the original plan on how to make Desmond the "Ultimate Assassin", it got me thinking.

    How amazing would this series be if we had just played as the Assassins in their respective time periods? No Desmond, no Animus, no confusing story arcs. Imagine playing as Ezio and after his whole trilogy we're left wondering "who the fuck is Desmond?".

    And the insane revelation we get when we finally see Desmond, a guy who has to figure out the whole assassin thing on his own, following visions and finding hidden catacombs.

    submitted by /u/InnerSilent
    [link] [comments]

    Not playing as Shaun and Rebecca in Syndicate was a missed opportunity.

    Posted: 26 May 2020 06:51 AM PDT

    I was replaying Syndicate after a few years and i was thinking that, as the title says, Not playing as Shaun and Rebecca in Syndicate was a missed opportunity. They could have finally implemented some good MD segments that shows how the Assassin's actually do field work in the present, and keep Shaun and Rebecca as modern day protagonits even in later games, it would have made more sense.

    submitted by /u/Emispehere
    [link] [comments]

    Winning the Hippodrome races is literally the toughest challenge in Assassin's Creed Origins

    Posted: 27 May 2020 12:03 AM PDT

    Soldiers? Wild beasts? Order of the Ancient members? War elephants? LITERAL EGYPTIAN GODS? Nope, winning some damn horse races for a 200xp Uplay challenge is the toughest thing I had to do in the game, and I'm still not done with them. HELP

    submitted by /u/niclaswwe
    [link] [comments]

    AC3 Homestead Missions are grade A content

    Posted: 26 May 2020 07:40 PM PDT

    Something about growing a community and this really caring side to an assassin kinda hits home on the freedom themes. I really hope that Valhalla hits the same strings with the growing village stuff.

    submitted by /u/TrustyDolphin
    [link] [comments]

    I have really been loving Unity. Here is a montage I've been working on of some of my favorite moments!

    Posted: 26 May 2020 01:34 PM PDT

    What do you guys think Eivors big thing will be? For example: Altairs was saving the levantine brotherhood, Bayeks creating the brotherhood itself, Connors reestablishing the brotherhood in the american colonies; to name a few.

    Posted: 26 May 2020 09:22 AM PDT

    I am largely ignorant as to big real world events (that could be attributed to Eivor in the game/lore) in the time frame of Valhalla. Did something big happened that could be attributed to the Assassins doing?

    submitted by /u/Cimmacore
    [link] [comments]

    We need more Middle Ages!

    Posted: 26 May 2020 11:20 AM PDT

    Let's look at the tally shall we?

    Middle Ages (Roughly 476 to 1453):

    1 game

    1 game soon to be released

    Renaissance:

    3 games

    Colonial:

    3 games

    Early modern:

    2 games.

    I don't know why so many people want to go back to more modern times, as we have barely touched the Ancient through Medieval period when they have so many cool things to explore... honestly, I wouldn't mind Eivor getting several games.

    submitted by /u/NorseExplorer
    [link] [comments]

    [odyssey] why do all ubisoft games make my inner completionist come out

    Posted: 26 May 2020 02:35 PM PDT

    idk why but it seems like in every ubisoft game i cant help but clear all activities/locations. i played both watch dogs before this and 100% them and also did the same with origins. in most other games i dont have that same completionist mindset but there is something about ubisoft games that make me want to check out everything they have to offer. is it just me or do any of you feel the same?

    submitted by /u/Mr_Memento_Mori
    [link] [comments]

    My Two and a Half Month Journey Replaying the AC Franchise

    Posted: 26 May 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    Today I finished my run through the AC franchise. I started March 15th and completed it today, beginning with Assassin's Creed 1, playing all main games and their DLC's, along with Liberation and Rogue, as well as the movie and a few comics recaps on YouTube. For a little context, I decided to start this feat after school was cancelled. On average I probably spent 3-5 hours per day playing the games. The first games through Liberation were a breeze. Many are short, only took two or three days to beat. Once I hit AC3 my progress slowed considerably, taking around a week per game. I did not 100% any games and focused on main story and important side quests when applicable.

    For time I won't give a recap of all the games, but I did want to provide my general thoughts on the franchise. I've played all these games, minus Liberation, before but only once. This is my first time replaying any game, and I've played each game on release day since AC2. My first initial thought was WOW, there's a ton of stuff in this series I completely forgot about. I had forgotten most of Desmond's Arc, and the entire plot of AC3 was mush to me. I was awe inspired by how much lore and detail is in the worlds of these games, even if it isn't perfectly executed.

    Before replaying the series my favorite game was AC2. Now, it's Unity. AC2 is wonderful but in hindsight it's not as detailed and masterful as I thought it was. Unity's stealth and parkour are unmatched, and Paris felt entirely alive and I never got tired of exploring it. Dead Kings is perhaps my entire DLC in the series.

    If I'm being honest, I love the modern day in AC games (unpopular opinion) because it feels like it gives my journey purpose. This playthrough sealed that for me. While the modern day story is often neglected, there is a wonderful story hiding beneath the unpolished coat that gets even better if you take time to explore the side stuff hidden (like in Abstergo's computers).

    When I first played Black Flag I didn't care for it much, I didn't love pirate games and I wanted to feel more assassin-ish. This playthrough I found a lot more appreciation for Black Flag and it's come in a lot higher in my rankings. The world is beautiful (although sometimes repetitive to explore) and Edward is a beautifully crafted character you want to learn more and more about every second you spend as him.

    When Syndicate first game out I didn't understand the hatred but this time I did. I found the story a little lackluster, although it's not horrific in my opinion. What was worse is the repetitive missions you had to go through to get further into the story which made it grindy similar to Odyssey. Origins, while a beautiful story much like Black Flag, suffers a similar issue. Who knew so many people got kidnapped into forts and needed rescuing?

    I will say, I suffered some pretty heavy fatigue with this. I took a week break between 3 and Rogue and I had to push myself to jump back in. By the end of Odyssey, which is already hard, I was just ready to be done, which is a shame since I think Odyssey actually has an amazing story if it wasn't buried by grinding. I likely won't ever replay most of these games again, but I will probably replay a few I loved in a couple of years. Ultimately, my ranking of the games are below:

    Unity AC2 AC1 (solely for story, gameplay sucks) Brotherhood Origins Black Flag AC3 (I'm an American history nerd) Revelations Rogue Liberation Syndicate Odyssey

    If you have the time I'd really encourage you to do a deep dive back into the series. Perhaps take it a bit slower (I was on a clock as I move cities and start a job next week) and soak it in, do the marathon in this subreddit even! You'll be surprised how much is there you forgot, and be reminded why AC is one of the best franchises out there for storytelling. Ubisoft created a world I sometimes forgot doesn't exist and I was able to spend hundreds of hours enjoying it!

    Best, and can't wait for Valhalla!

    submitted by /u/IsnerPR
    [link] [comments]

    The Assassin's Creed series has the best soundtrack in any form of media ever

    Posted: 27 May 2020 12:01 AM PDT

    As much as sometimes we like to bash the games, can we just sit a moment and appreciate how good the soundtrack is?. I mean in all the games. From the 1700 sea shanties, to the opera worthy syndicate songs to the mysterious oriental sounds of the crusades.

    This series has it all. And im my eyes no other game series or movie series is quite on that level

    • the series yielded one of the best theme songs in fhe history of video games, and that is of couse Ezio's family
    submitted by /u/KvasirTheOld
    [link] [comments]

    My drawing of Ezio from Assassin's Creed II. Added my own style from the poster.

    Posted: 26 May 2020 02:38 PM PDT

    I hope they keep the exploration mode from Odyssey in Valhalla

    Posted: 26 May 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    It's way better than a hand holding guide to find a target or mission

    I would like to see it expanded maybe you could intimidate people or something to get tips to locations

    submitted by /u/BanditJagerMain
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers] In an alternate universe, how does Edward justify joining the Templars?

    Posted: 26 May 2020 06:16 PM PDT

    Assume nothing in his backstory changes (e.g stealing the identity of Duncan Walpole). Also assume his true identity is still quickly exposed with him choosing to legitimately join the Templars and learn about them after this. Future events particularly the sacking of Nassau are only changed in that Edward is now working for the benefit of the Templars and possibly indirectly for the crown.

    submitted by /u/JaneTheNotNotVirgin
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a quest order for AC Odyssey?

    Posted: 26 May 2020 09:06 PM PDT

    Hello, so after finishing Origins (and what a beautiful journey it was), today I bought Odyssey and it seems like a nice AC. But I would like to know if there is a preferred quest order for the optimal story telling experience (main + side) like this quest order in Origins (I would like to thank its author btw).

    Edit: grammar.

    submitted by /u/fakhriii
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Origins' "The Hidden One's" DLC was absolutely beautiful, and it's ending would've likely made me cry if I had played the older games with the Creed in the key role

    Posted: 26 May 2020 06:04 AM PDT

    Man, finished the main game a few days ago and played trough the 1st DLC over the weekend, and it was really, really good, nothing too long, but effective and enjoyable. Sinai was stunning, the side quests and general story were pretty good (especially the Kawab arc and twist at the end), the return of Amunet (for which I would've popped even harder if it didn't get spoiled on YouTube), the general cutscenes, the story twist at the end, it was all really good, but damn... That ending. The final cut scenes in the main game already made me emotional, with Aya and Bayek at the beach, the logo reveal in the sand, the birth of the Creed, even tho I had only played Odyssey and Origins to that point, I really felt that moment, same for the ending to this DLC. The inspiring and incredible dialogue, the heartbreaking 3rd end to Bayek and his relationship with Amunet, the shot with the sun on the horizon of the red sea, it was absolutely perfect. I can find a good comparison to Avengers Infinity War. When I watched it in 2018, I had only seen the Guardians of the Galaxy movies beforehand, but even then, the ending made me emotional and nearly brought me to tears despite barely knowing anything about the MCU.Same feeling here, even tho I didn't play any of the old games where the Creed and Brotherhood played a key role and therefore barely know anything about the Creeds history, this sequence hit deep, and I would've easily had some tears running down my cheeks if I had played all the previous games, and then see the true birth of the Creed all these years after. The focus on the birth of the Creed in Origins had been handled perfectly, simply well done. Now, onto the 2nd DLC and last piece of Origins content, the Curse of the Pharaoh's. Mythology, I can't wait. Have a great week everyone! 🦅

    submitted by /u/niclaswwe
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment