• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 21, 2020

    Assassin's Creed The Assassin's Creed Saga - Celebrating the trailers

    Assassin's Creed The Assassin's Creed Saga - Celebrating the trailers


    The Assassin's Creed Saga - Celebrating the trailers

    Posted: 20 May 2020 08:58 AM PDT

    If there's one thing I wish they could remove in Valhalla, then it would be the Snakes.

    Posted: 20 May 2020 07:29 PM PDT

    I'm playing trough Assassin's Creed Origins... AND I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERFCKIN SNAKES, IN THESE MOTHERFCKIN TOMBS. Literally getting half a heart attack everytime they just jump straight into my face. I'm not even afraid of Snakes but they're absolutely terryifing in this game. Do we really need them in Valhalla? Just throw some guards there instead.

    submitted by /u/niclaswwe
    [link] [comments]

    How Ardos (from Odyssey) got his name.

    Posted: 20 May 2020 08:42 PM PDT

    I had the honor of working at Ubisoft Singapore and being part of their talented writing team working on the Island Regions for Assassin's Creed Odyssey. One of my tasks was researching and setting up the overall plot for the Minotaur questline on Crete.

    I had the Main Quests outlined, plotted, and first drafted, but I had a major blocker. The main character, a child who is missing his father, hadn't been named yet. Every time I submitted a name suggestion to the historian, they would be rejected for various reasons (already used, not historically accurate, etc.), and the writer's block was starting to grow as I needed a name that defines this character. So one day, I remember saying to a writer colleague, that "I'm starting to hate this bastard!" So I Google searched the word bastard and the Greek word for it. It turns out its Bastardos. Thus, Ardos was born!

    submitted by /u/KellyBender17
    [link] [comments]

    The attention to detail in Assassin's Creed II, especially for it's age, is amazing

    Posted: 20 May 2020 03:20 PM PDT

    I was running around the rooftops and killed a guard, and his body feel to the ground. Everyone moved back and ran away, and later, some priests came by and started reading some prayers! They started saying stuff like, may your soul find it's way to heaven, may you rest in peace, may your soul find peace etc.

    The fact that they looked at every tiniest detail, down to the priests notice a dead body and say prayers really says something.

    submitted by /u/ViperSA124
    [link] [comments]

    Really hope the Odyssey costume mechanics are kept for Valhalla

    Posted: 20 May 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    The Odyssey mechanic allowing you to have one set of armour equipped but another set appears. Really allows you the freedom of looks without subtracting from your stats

    Any other things you guys would want / not want in the new game?

    submitted by /u/Toxic-Travis
    [link] [comments]

    Could Eivor be a Sage?

    Posted: 20 May 2020 04:54 PM PDT

    So we know both Male and Female Eivor are canon as confirmed by Darby. And we know Eivor is historically a female-gendered name, making it very odd for a Male to be named Eivor. So what if Eivor is a Sage? She was born female, but has the DNA and memories of Aita in her. Even if she never physically displayed male traits due to this, the Animus when reading her DNA could run into trouble, creating a male and female avatar as a way of reconciling the presence of Aita's DNA.

    We haven't ever seen a female Sage, but the Assassins in the past speculated that it wasn't impossible, it's just rare and hasn't been cited before.

    This could also tie into the lines from Ash about this game feeling like a "capping off" of what's come before. After all, it was him and Darby together that introduced us to Sages in Black Flag. This could maybe explain why the Hidden Ones give Eivor a Hidden Blade in the first place. Perhaps they are aware of what a Sage is and that Eivor is one, and want to make sure Eivor is on their side.

    This could also explain the vision of Odin, as that could be memories of Aita or other past Sages bleeding through.

    This could even go as far as to be how they allow us to have godly boss battles, by having them be memories of Aita fighting other Isu (perhaps the Norse gods did not support his experiments?). And this could also tie into Synin: we never really got an explanation for Bayek and Senu's connection, although it's presumably due to Isu DNA. For Kassandra and Ikaros, again she's basically of Isu descendant directly. Eivor being a Sage could be how we can connect with Synin.

    This could also be why the "gameplay" trailer focuses on Eivor's eyes at the beginning and end. Note the color: that bright blueish-green is very close to one of the Sage's typical eye colors. And yes, while they normally have heterochromia, it's confirmed that not all Sages display the same traits. Jaques de Molay was a Sage but he did not have heterochromia.

    So yeah, that's my theory. Would love to hear your thoughts. Honestly the more I typed and thought about this, the more the pieces seem to fit together. I'm really feeling this and want all my internet points if I end up being right!

    submitted by /u/EmboarIsland
    [link] [comments]

    I just finished Black Flag, and I just…. Wow.

    Posted: 20 May 2020 02:37 PM PDT

    I apologize in advance for the big ramble but I just want to write this to get it out because I just finished and asdfogijodsigjs!!! I was blown away by this game – the gorgeous setting, the soundtracks, but mainly, Edward's incredible character arc. It felt so realistic and beautifully done. It took me a long time to play this game because I had always been told that Assassin's Creed 2 was the pinnacle of the series, so I wanted to wait until it was out of my mind so I wouldn't be comparing Black Flag to it. I realize now, that wasn't something to be worried about – the vibe, story, and main character of the game is just so entirely different. I recognize that like every game, it is not without flaws, but I mainly wanted to write this out because this game really had an emotional impact on me that I was not expecting.

    Often a redemption arc happens in such a way that the character being redeemed is being redeemed with regards to the context of who the good guys are in the story, and while that does happen for Edward as he joins the Assassins in the end, even more prominent than that was Edward's redemption to himself. It felt so very human. At the beginning, Edward comes off as kind of a lowlife (albeit a badass one), but we are constantly shown what kind of man he is at heart through the details. And it's like those moments become bigger and bigger until you really feel that he's grown as a person. It's so satisfying at the end when Anne tells him he's a good man – It's so satisfying that that part of him has emerged so much that now those around him really recognize it.

    Despite not individually have too much screen time apiece, the downfall of every single one of Edward's original friends felt so impactful. I really admired how the game still managed to get across the essence, presence, and personality of those characters in such few moments. I cried when Mary and Thatch died, and even when I heard those guards talking about how Bonnet had died. And even though Jack and Hornigold were seriously dislikable for what they did, the game still made me mourn for them – or at least for a time with them that once was. Everyone Edward lost was just trying – as he was – to carve out their path and follow what they believed in, and I think that's why he holds no spite towards any of them. In a way, I think a part of Edward is represented in each one of them. I really felt how Edward bore each and every one of those heartbreaks and how they played into him rising to have a conviction for something greater than just money. And you can bet that I cried my eyes out at the ending scene. That ending was perfect in my eyes. I think of a bittersweet ending like a dish that has to have just the perfect amount of bitter and sweet, or it just tastes meh, but when you get that combo right, it just becomes this beautiful thing, and this ending delivered the perfect dish. I also thought it was lovely that Torres almost had a certain respect for Edward's change in his death. It was a reminder of the humanity of the Templars as well.

    I even liked the modern-day aspect. It was really interesting to be on the Abstergo side of things, and it didn't feel like it detracted from Edward's story. It was like those tantalizing moments in TV series or movies where you get a sneak peek at what is going on for the enemy.

    Finally - this game found me at a time where I've been feeling rather lost and adrift in my own life and really made me feel grateful for those people I have around me, while also reminding me that happiness can only come from my own convictions and passions in life, not from simply chasing monetary success.

    submitted by /u/StarfruitCactus
    [link] [comments]

    Toy Photography of Arno Dorian from Unity and Edward Kenway from Black Flag

    Posted: 20 May 2020 10:36 PM PDT

    Toy Photography of Arno Dorian from Unity and Edward Kenway from Black Flag

    Super Excited for Assassins Creed Valhalla and had to pass my time while I wait so I decided to try my hands out on Toy Photography! Very happy with the results!

    are you guys excited for Valhalla?

    https://preview.redd.it/qbbhf5flb1051.jpg?width=5472&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=6059aceb180220ed4c65a9767b8f8f5704c76e9c

    https://preview.redd.it/v7i0piflb1051.jpg?width=5472&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=bcf749fe0d4452a98e32a5469a864cbcbb26f731

    submitted by /u/rockdiv12
    [link] [comments]

    AC1 Parkour Down Montage

    Posted: 20 May 2020 06:06 AM PDT

    Do you Guys think that If AC Unity didn't have a Bugy Release, we would have a more "assassinish" Game now.

    Posted: 21 May 2020 12:56 AM PDT

    Everyone I Talk to tells me that Unity is a masterpiece and imo the best AC. But it Had a terrible start.

    Do you think Ubisoft planned on changing the formula or their Interpretation of the critic was wrong? That people Loved Unity but could not literally play the game coz of the Bugs?

    submitted by /u/CarefulStable
    [link] [comments]

    If enemies are still sponges in Valhalla, then don’t expect the combat to feel any different/better than Origins and Odyssey’s combat.

    Posted: 20 May 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    I saw someone else point this out in a thread under a recent post, and it makes a lot of sense. If enemies still take a billion hits to kill, then the combat has no choice but to feel completely weightless and obnoxiously quick again in order to counteract the crazy amount of health, and actually make killing enemies doable. Ashraf Ismail has mentioned before that the combat will be "crunchy", which is a vague term that doesn't really say much other than the fact that it will definitely look a lot more violent thanks to dismemberment now being a thing (finally). They never implied that there will be even a slight overhaul to combat, but really just an improvement. It begs the question of whether or not that improvement will be minor or major. Hopefully the latter. I wanna feel actual weight to my axe swings, that's all I ask for.

    submitted by /u/C-O-N-T-E-M-P-T
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed 3 should have the option of starting at Sequence 6 once you've already beaten the game once

    Posted: 20 May 2020 09:15 AM PDT

    Pretty much anytime I feel like replaying that game, I install it and do 30 min of the 6 hour tutorial and get bored out of my mind. Then I uninstall.

    jesus fucking christ, it's crazy. And because of Uplay's design you can't just download a savefile and call it a day. I want to play as an assassin and get straight to the action. This game has a SIX HOUR TUTORIAL. WHAT THE FUCK MAN.

    For a first playthrough, fine. But for subsequent playthroughs...replayability goes out the window. 12 sequences and on Sequence 6 is where you get your robes and the world opens up. Who the fuck thought this was good design?

    submitted by /u/use-reddit-well
    [link] [comments]

    I really hope that Valhalla’s movement mechanics are like the older games

    Posted: 20 May 2020 07:38 PM PDT

    Where you know you can actually walk without having to slightly tilt the thumb stick

    submitted by /u/Dang-it-Bryce
    [link] [comments]

    Assassins' ringfinger sacrifice, let's discuss it.

    Posted: 20 May 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    In AC2, Leonardo says the hidden blade was designed to ensure commitment of its user so you have to cut off your ringfinger.

    But was it always like this? I know first hidden blade had nothing to do with finger sacrifice since Darius just puts it on top of his wrist. Is it just coincidence that blade requires finger sacrifice or did assassins modify the blade at some point of history?

    Bayek seemed to use the blade without his finger getting removed just fine until Eudoros assassination. So it makes me think if you are just careful enough, finger removal wasn't necessary at all.

    submitted by /u/Baron012
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished assassin's creed 1 my thoughts

    Posted: 20 May 2020 05:42 PM PDT

    Assassin's creed 1 is my favorite of the series. Altair's story is great, here's a guy who carries himself as the shit gets knocked down to newbie and becomes a total badass. Watching him going from a douchbag to humble guy was worth it. The best assassination was the fat merchant. I know it gets repetitive but I like having to investigate, something other assassin's creed titles were lacking. All in all it was fun going through the game again

    submitted by /u/ezio8133
    [link] [comments]

    What interesting/hilarious bugs have you guys encountered over the years that had you laughing in stitches?

    Posted: 20 May 2020 08:48 PM PDT

    I encountered a hilarious bug of Connor with a redcoat in the side alley of New York.

    https://gfycat.com/concernedsimilarladybug

    submitted by /u/SitrucD
    [link] [comments]

    I'd like to see replaying missions return in Valhalla.

    Posted: 20 May 2020 09:38 AM PDT

    All the way through to Syndicate you could replay individual story missions. But that feature was removed in Origins. I'd like to see it return, even if the optional challenges that used to be part of the story don't.

    Some of the missions in Origins were a lot of fun, and I've missed huge chunks of Oddysey dialogue because of fights or trying to follow someone who's moving too fast. But I'd rather not replay the entire game just for one mission or some dialogue.

    submitted by /u/FormFollows
    [link] [comments]

    The cluttered nature and abundance of generic camps, caves and other features makes the beauty of Odyssey's map fall into the background

    Posted: 20 May 2020 04:22 AM PDT

    Been replaying Odyssey since the Valhalla announcement. Playing through, I've started to realise the best looking regions of the map can be overshadowed by the shear amount of generic content. These otherwise great looking landscapes are reduced to being many 100 metre stretches between a bandit camp no different to any other and a cave with no interesting gameplay.

    I think if they reduced the shear amount of content and just scattered these things around, and instead put in each region a fascinating, handcrafted location with either a well written back story, side quest or interesting gameplay features then the encompassing land can be better appreciated as well for being the unique region in which that unique location was.

    Travelling around the petrified valley in Western lesbos with the huge Isu structures and the beast within that's been terrorising locals that wonder too close, or a lot of Makedonia where there is just for some reason far less clutter than the rest of the map, it seems so much more atmospheric and memorable even when not in the specific parts of these regions where the action takes place.

    Edit: Western, not Eastern

    submitted by /u/AdequateAppendage
    [link] [comments]

    How much Isu related content would you like to see in Valhalla?

    Posted: 20 May 2020 04:09 PM PDT

    I love the lore behind the isu, I love delving into their secrets and discovering new things about them. What do you guys think of them? What would you like to see regarding them or the pieces of eden in Valhalla?

    submitted by /u/StereotypicalItalian
    [link] [comments]

    Altaïr is by far the best character in the Assassin's Creed universe

    Posted: 20 May 2020 02:06 AM PDT

    So, i know a lot if people may argue that Ezio is the best, but in my opinion Altair is superior. A lot of the story of altair is hidden in novels and smaller games like bloodlines. Recently i decided to uncover the whole story of Altair and it left me shocked. At first altair might appear like a mediocre guy in ac1 but once you know the whole story he really becomes a brilliant character and everything makes a lot more sense. If you haven't done it before i recommend reading the novel and playing bloodlines. Then you will surely understand what I'm saying and appreciate Altair a lot more

    submitted by /u/KvasirTheOld
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve been playing AC: Origins for quite some time, and one of the many positives of the game is its well implemented Stealth System.

    Posted: 20 May 2020 01:04 PM PDT

    Assassin's Creed Origins is an engaging time sink. A great main character, decent story, and an immersive open world to explore. However it is the stealth game plays in Origins that really holds the aforementioned elements together.The elements of stealth in this game are; the enemy AI and placement, the environment, bow system, and tool system.

    Enemy AI & placement: I'm playing the game on Nightmare difficulty with Eagle vision, and AI is more than satisfying. The guards talk, sleep, exchange patrols, wave at incoming ships at docks, and also clear out dead bodies if you've failed to hide them. In camps and forts, there's always a guard cavalry making rounds at regular intervals on the central path, and sometimes they get down and patrol. Even if you scan the fort entirely and tag enemies, in my experience there were a couple of stragglers standing in some unnoticed spot or in the rooms that create complications. These made me to take a cautious approach, always double checking before dashing from cover to cover, and using my tools to create distractions if I'm doing a non-lethal/ghost approach to the mission.

    Environment: In camps and forts, you'll have plenty of vegetation to help in your stealthy approach with respect to higher guard density. However when you're infiltrating bandit camps in grotto and valleys, limestone quarries, and others, the terrain matters a lot. It will have less grass to hide in, and if it's a level 2 camp or level 3 cave systems, the enemies will be plentiful. Keeping an eye on guard movement, sleep darts, and doing the mission in night time helps a lot.

    Archery: The bows in Origins are wonderfully implemented. Predator bows for sniping, Hunter bows for mid-range kills, Warrior and Light bows for combat. Although I've spent the early parts of game using only Predator and Hunter bows, as I leveled up I was forced to rely on Warrior and Light bows as well, especially in combat and boss fights, which reflects good deigns. To the maximum extent I play non-lethally or getting in and out without getting detected, so I generally use bows as a last resort.

    Tool system: I use sleep, poison, and firebombs heavily during stealth. Correct me if I'm wrong but in the previous AC games, berserk, and sleep were quite OP, and you could put an entire area to sleep or make them crazy. In Origins, their effectiveness depends on the enemy level, which necessitates patience and strategy on the player's part. Using poison dart to weaken a target before killing him with a bow or lodging a well-timed firebomb and watch them burn. Using sleep darts on guards to clear a path to loot the treasure but also keeping an eye on them before they wake up, so you can make good on your escape. Tools are an absolute for non-lethal or ghost playthrough.

    There are couples of minor flaws in the system though. When enemies are in high alert mode, almost on the verge of detection, they take considerable time to cool down. It's better exit the area, use Dusk & Dawn skill to forward time and attempt once again, and smoke bombs redundant, I never used them once, and if you're playing full stealth, you're always extra careful.

    Overall, I find the stealth in Origins addicting to play. Lethal/non-lethal take-downs are fun but only killing your targets, looting the treasure, and escaping undetected is all kinds of awesome.

    submitted by /u/DunBanner
    [link] [comments]

    I just finished Assassin's Creed 2.

    Posted: 20 May 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    That game slapped. Absolutely phenomenal. Blast all the way through. Some of the stuff was a little frustrating, but the writing was solid throughout and all of the missions felt good. I even 100%-ed the game on my 360!

    However, I started playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, and my LORD, at least in the beginning it does not hold up to the previous game. The dialogue is bad, the game looks super ugly, and the controls are way worse than AC2. At least for the first few sections, but so far, ew.

    I'll still finish the game though. I want to hear Desmond's story. But God, I am not looking forward to it

    submitted by /u/thenotjoe
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment