• Breaking News

    Friday, April 3, 2020

    Assassin's Creed I'm only halfway through Origins but I'm already gutted that Bayek never got a sequel game

    Assassin's Creed I'm only halfway through Origins but I'm already gutted that Bayek never got a sequel game


    I'm only halfway through Origins but I'm already gutted that Bayek never got a sequel game

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    I am honestly pretty blown away by this game as I really didn't expect much given the souring of the AC reputation over the years, having not played any since ACIV (which I loved) and only started because I picked it up on sale - but god it is astoundingly good.

    Among many things, it really does shine with its protagonist. Bayek is one of the most legitimately likable video game protagonists I've ever played. His pure rage in the opening cinematic and exasperation during the tragedy at Siwa contrasts so believably with his joy and delight during flashbacks with his son, or when he's reunited with Aya, make him already more well rounded than the vast majority of video game heroes. It's completely believable when he reaches an extreme emotion on either end of the spectrum, which is of course due to great writing but also an incredible performance by the voice actor - seriously, this guy is fantastic. Bayek is truly noble and likable, to the point of apologizing when he loots tombs, which is just a genius touch. I actually believe he and Aya are in love when they're together which virtually never happens in games - even greatly written games like Uncharted with Nate+Elena or Red Dead with John+Abigail rarely convince me there's real love between a couple. His design is awesome too, and he actually stands out amongst a sea of fairly similar looking handsome white guy AC protagonists (and general AAA video game protagonists for that matter). For real, the beard and hair look awesome and I was so relieved that the game let me put them back on after he shaved.

    There's obviously the comparison to Ezio, which is totally apt given the parallels in their stories, but taking ACII in isolation and stacking it up to this, I honestly think Bayek way outshines Ezio as a single-game protagonist. Ezio is so beloved because we got three games with him where we saw his slow and meaningful evolution from brash, young and vengeance driven to old, wise and motivated mainly by a search for truth and meaning. It truly makes me sad that Bayek didn't get his trilogy like Ezio did. I don't know what the future holds but I just have a feeling that Ubi will not go for bringing back Bayek - what would you call the game, Origins 2? But I would adore it so much. And as I said, I'm only halfway through the main story and I feel this way.

    Bayek of Siwa, absolute mad lad.

    submitted by /u/queensinthesky
    [link] [comments]

    Amazing small details. Just dove into Origins... so this side mission I help this guy and save these kids. Guy offers to walk the kids to Memphis from Giza. So I followed. Sure enough, they walked all the way there. There’s wonderful little story treasures in this game. Any other gems out there?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 07:27 PM PDT

    Why does Syndicate FEEL so different from any other AC game, even comparing it to the post-revamp ones?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 08:09 PM PDT

    I played AC1 the year it came out, and actively played every other game up until the next gen came. I didn't buy an Xbox One before last year, and spent most of my time playing Odyssey then (after rushing through Origins).

    But, then after the corona outbreak I decided to try Unity and Syndicate.

    Unity was dope enough despite me haaating the story and characters; it felt like the most ambitious tribute to the series, putting everything into it.

    But then there's Syndicate...

    I loved London, had fun with the grapling hook, liked the train, and even found some if the characters cool. But even compared to Odyssey where you fuck everyone and fight monsters it felt SO DIFFERENT?

    I don't know what it is! Something felt rushed, and at times I even felt like I played a PlayStation 2 game. And again; I enjoyed it, but something felt really off? It felt so DEAD.

    Any thoughts? Theories? Why did it feel intensely different to me?

    submitted by /u/FlasKamel
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think of my haytham drawing?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    What setting would be cool for an AC game?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 08:14 PM PDT

    I had this thought today and I think exploring the World Wars would be cool like a AC3 thing where you play the bad guy and kill the archduke, then you swap to the good guy and hunt the bad guy. or in WW2 where you could be the end of Hitler how cool would that be? I wouldn't go any further into history than this though as it may bleed too much into the modern era.

    submitted by /u/BntyHntrMstr
    [link] [comments]

    Quality of Map > Map Size

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 04:33 AM PDT

    I'm really hoping to have an "Origins" sized map for AC 2020 (Vikings Era). Reasons are I think that a smaller map with less side missions yet memorable is much better than than hundreds of side quests that feel the same. I also want it to be smaller than odyssey's as I've realized there are many areas that are very visually similar but exist for show and size. Origins had more variety besides the extra desert region. Point is I want a smaller map than odyssey's with more quality things to do & more recognizable areas over visually similar areas that exist for size.

    This isn't a hate on odyssey post it's just what I want changed from odyssey.

    What do y'all want? Bigger map, more repetitive missions and areas or smaller but more unique

    submitted by /u/Timo-D03
    [link] [comments]

    what is your favorite assassins creed game? there are no wrong answers.

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 04:05 PM PDT

    title pretty much. been playing alooot of origins lately and i love it so much c: just curious what your favorite ac game is. sidenote i have played all but rogue unity and syndicate. touched on odyssey but im saving that for after origins.

    submitted by /u/j_blugh
    [link] [comments]

    Discovery tour is so awesome.

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 10:19 AM PDT

    I never thought I'd actually care about history until I found this feature in AC orgins. Extremely well put together and makes learning fun. Very cool

    submitted by /u/Rikehead
    [link] [comments]

    Secret societies other than the Assassins and Templars:

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 10:00 PM PDT

    Everyone knows of the Assassin's and Templars, some people know of Erudito and the Hermeticists, you may even know of the Instruments of the First Will. My point is that there are a great many secret societies in the world of Assassin's Creed. What do you think they've been up to while the Assassins and Templars have been fighting all these centuries?

    submitted by /u/jackalias
    [link] [comments]

    [Odyssey]Playing hard, normal enemies easy but hard enemies take forever to kill?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 09:03 PM PDT

    Im only level 12 but regular soldiers are easy, mercs my level arent too bad they just take some time to kill but some like boss units are kinda annoying. They hit super hard and can basically 1 shot me in a combo if theyre successful.

    Not sure if I need to get better gear or the game is designed this way? my char feels week and im going primarily warrior with a side of archer/assassin. I still havent really found matching stuff, heck I havent found rare boots yet...

    but i definitely feel weak. any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/TrynaBuySomeFriends
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's creed in the Wild West

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 09:00 PM PDT

    We play as Martin Shay Cormac grandson of Shay from Rogue he's born 1840 when we start story he is just a farm boy who only heard story's that his grandfather was a bad man when his farm is raided by outlaws he nearly dies and runs away to Mexico where he's looking for his father who fought in Mexican-American War when he does couple jobs he is approached by mysterious stranger who tells him he has information about man who raided his farm and he will tell him that information if he assassinate Benito Juárez after he sneaks into his tent he's captured by guards and goes infront of Benito Juárez who tells him that his father was templar turned assassin who helped in war and templars klied him he frees Marin gives him blade's that belong to Shay and his father and his father hat and tells him that he will find his answers in America he gets on his horse puts his father hat and we see title card "Assassin's Creed Outlaws" Tell me if you want to hear more and i would love your opinion

    submitted by /u/adamo22771
    [link] [comments]

    The Lost Tales Of Greece Are Probably The Most Fun I’ve Had In Assassin’s Creed Odyssey So Far

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 02:39 PM PDT

    I know that the Lost Tales get bad rep on here, but they are free quests - each offering a completely unique story and fun characters!

    I just want to say that in my personal opinion they are, dare-I-say-it the best quests in the game. Obviously there are some weaker ones, but overall they are fun distractions. You may disagree with me but I adore these little quests and I even laughed out loud a few times.

    Just know that from this point the spoilers begin!

    My personal favourites were Barnabas' quest & The Daughters Of Lalaia. I liked Barnabas' quest because of how many small islands and books you visited and mythological twists - from the "Baby Cylops" on one of the Volcanic Islands, to the "Sirens" and my favourite being Circe's. You can even recruit her! Not sure how many of you know this, but if you agree to get the wine, on the way there you probably will pass by the south entrance of the temple. There you can interact with a plant, by one of the pillars (there could be other locations as well) where Cassandra will comment "I should get this Moly, just in case as it works as an anti-toxin." (or something along those lines).

    Then get the wine and return. Drink the wine, but instead of the usual outcome of you blacking out due to the poison you will be unscathed and you can continue the conversation - either killing/screaming at her, recruiting her or just leaving the island. Circe is just a Common lieutenant tho, WHICH SUCKS, as you have the Mistress of Magic, Witch Of Aiaia herself and she's just Common. (Side note: I wish I could also get Medea onboard :( )

    Now for the Daughters Of Lalaia... it's pretty great. Not only is the quaint village of Lalaia absolutely gorgeous with all the tiny bridges, waterfalls and cherry blossom trees, but wow - that quest tho. You basically train a couple of women, help a blacksmith and prepare for an invasion (because the men went off to war).

    Basically from nothing you inspire the women to learn to fend off for themselves. Who said they couldn't protect their whole village by themselves? I just found the vibe of this whole quest very close to basically helping the "Daughters/Huntresses Of Artemis" (I even wore the Hunter robes then). I really don't know but something, for me, made this quest really rewarding and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

    Also I totally agree with u/Nisansa, that each mission represents a god from the Pantheon (The 12 Olympians).

    Divine Intervention - Athena The Show Must Go On - Dionysus Lightning Rod - Zeus Volcanic Sunscreen - Hephaestus The Daughters of Lalaia - Artemis A Poet's Legacy - Apollo A Brother's Seduction - Aphrodite One Really, Really Bad Day - Hermes The Image of Faith - Demeter Every Story Has an Ending - Ares A Friend Worth Dying For - Poseidon Old Flames Burn Brighter - Hestia (goddess of hearth and Olympic fire, no better fit!) The Heir Of Memories quests- Hera (goddess of family, and Layla is a descendant of Kassandra/Alexios so...)

    So that is my essay on my experience in The Lost Tales of Greece. What was your favourite quest from those? Hope this wasn't too rambly, and I hope you forgive the length but I wanted to express my opinion on possibly the best quests in the game. Keep in mind that I haven't played the DLC yet, but I bought the discounted Season Pass and my opinion may change. But yeah, thanks for reading if you made it this far :)

    submitted by /u/julesisacoward
    [link] [comments]

    I would love to see them add this feature to improve the game - Sieges

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 05:49 PM PDT

    Better battles

    I was doing a replay of AC Odyssey and after the fifth or sixth city battle, it got very monotonous. I'd love if they shook it up and you could do city defense or city siege depending on if you were attacking or defending. As an example, Skyrim had the sieges where you had multistage defense in the game.

    Also, given that its gonna be viking based, SHIELD WALL

    submitted by /u/PrinceIppolit
    [link] [comments]

    I have some plot questions regarding AC odyssey [spoilers]

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    So I got Assassin's Creed Odyssey last week and finished the main storyline including the tiresome artifact collecting quests. Anyway, the last AC I played was AC 3. Up until AC 3 I've played all AC titles before it. In AC 3 Desmond sacrificed himself to save the world instead of restarting it. Thanks to that I was pretty discouraged to play the AC titles after it because it doesn't feel right without good old Desmond. Turns out that every AC picks off after AC 3 so all AC titles are still on the same timeline(is this right?). I tried AC odyssey and it turned out pretty nice but it gave me a lot of plot questions. Just basing from layla's dialogue throughout the game, I'd assume she controlled bayek as well on origins. In AC origins, the main plot was basically the founding of the brotherhood. However, AC odyssey is set even earlier than that, over 400 years too early. Anyway, in odyssey, you play as a lost kid trying to kill the people that ruined your family while trying to bring all your family back. In the end, when kassandra met with the "Ghost" of the cult, she tells you about order and chaos and how both must exist together and when you touched the pyramid, it showed scenes from the past AC titles. I assume that order are the templars and chaos are the assassins and the world would be destroyed if one is destroyed. The cult was described as chaos but I see them as a pre-templar organization. Anyway, you choose whether you let the "Ghost" live or not(killed that bitch no regrets). Apparently letting the "Ghost" live is the Canon? So does the "Ghost" forms the templars? What does that make kassandra? An assassin? But at the end of your artifact collecting spree, your "dad" gave you the immortal stick that kept him alive and in the end of that quest, kassandra met with layla. If she was alive this whole time, were she with the assassins or is she with the templars? What was kassandra doing the whole time besides watching over Atlantis?

    submitted by /u/Aceze
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoiler] Thoughts on Assassin's Creed Origins's ending

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 06:53 AM PDT

    Okay, I have just finished playing Odyssey, it was a great game, but the ending of Origins still bugs me.
    I don't understand why they had to implement the part where you play as Aya in Rome and kill Cesar into Origins. At the end of the day, the assassination of Cesar is the biggest and most famous one in the history of mandkind, gives birth to the Assassin's Creed (which is a nice part of the story!) and they condense it into 10 minutes of gameplay, and make you play in a limited city which is not part of the main game.
    Furthermore, they could've just ended the game slightly differently, with Aya leaving for Rome. Then they could've made another game, with Aya as main character or side character(you would care more about her, having her known from a past game), set up an awesome game in ancient Rome and Italy, which would've been a perfect setting for a game, and lots of build up before killing Cesar. All in all, the series called Assassin's Creed puts the most famous assassination, into an ending of a game where nobody really expects it nor wants it. Result is, there's no build up to it at all, which doesn't really make you enjoy Cesar's assassination at the first place.
    It's a huge waste of what could've been another amazing game, and I don't understand why they decide to do that, because I don't think anyone requested it, knowing the game takes place in Egypt, and not Rome.

    submitted by /u/sachawolf1906
    [link] [comments]

    The quarantine has me back online playing AC UNITY but with no current club. Are their any active ones or is anyone looking to start one up again?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 09:06 PM PDT

    I've been able to get back into gaming since the Rona hit. So I thought why not start with ac unity. I'm on ps4 if your down lmk.

    submitted by /u/kingwwavy
    [link] [comments]

    Got the season pass for odyssey. Is there an order to how I'm supposed to play it?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    First time playing Odyssey. Haven't finished the main story yet as I've just been clearing the entire map of basically everything. I bought the season pass and on my add on screen, it says to download these:

    Legacy of the First Blade, Episode 1: Hunted, Episode 2: Shadow Heritage, Episode 3: Bloodline, The Fate of Atlantis, Episode 1: Field of Elysium, Episode 2: Torment of Hades, Episode 3: Judgement of Atlantis, and finally, The Secrets of Greece.

    submitted by /u/realbatman88
    [link] [comments]

    Odyssey Ultimate Edition is currently $30 on PS Store

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    What are your guys opinions on purchasing it? I haven't played a AC game in years, last I played was Unity. Just trying to figure out if it'll be worth the money seeing the massive price cut.

    submitted by /u/ProdigyPwner
    [link] [comments]

    A trick for exploring rainy, nighttime London in AC: Syndicate

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 03:21 AM PDT

    Ever since I got this game I've been disappointed that it doesn't have an animus hack like in AC3 where you can choose the weather and time of day for free roaming. London looks particularly amazing and atmospheric at night but for some reason this only lasts 5 minutes or so in-game before it quickly cycles back to morning.

    Today I finally found a workaround for this - go into progression tracker and replay the sequence 4 mission "overdose". This mission locks the map in nighttime with heavy rainfall, so just ignore the asylum and wander around the city instead. It looks and sounds stunning!

    submitted by /u/AllThingsBad
    [link] [comments]

    Question on how I sunk a Trireme?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 11:52 PM PDT

    Just got the game a week ago, absolutely love it just like I fell in love with the old AC's back in the day.

    Recently sunk a trireme and I don't know how I did it or how to do it again, any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Ereshkigal59
    [link] [comments]

    The biggest issue with Odyssey being an RPG isn't the RPG aspects themselves, but the type of RPG the game was based on.

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 10:10 AM PDT

    The way I see it, it pretty much seems that the developers simply thought: "Heeeey, The Witcher was a success, right? Because it's a full on RPG! We should go that way!" But the thing is... The Witcher has nothing to do with Assassin's Creed. There are so many ways AC could have implemented RPG elements without fucking up everything. Let's analyze what it did wrong and what it could have done instead:

    Instead of keeping to what made AC unique, they simply copied what other RPG games have previously done, but that just made the game worse. Some examples:

    • Taking away replayable missions/memories. Why the fuck. There's literally no excuse to take those away, even more considering the lore of the franchise. Only because it's an RPG you can't have sequences now, only chapters/acts? Since Origins it's been a thing.

    • Choices. You are literally living another person's life. Choices that change the ending doesn't make sense and the way they handled the different endings isn't even satisfactory in a non AC player's point of view. It's so emotionless and meaningless if you don't get the true ending. Not to mention most dialogue choices don't change the outcome of the scenes. It's pointless. Hell, even the damn horse is an illusion of choice. Why even add that choice? Ubisoft always seems to be that kid from middle school that tries to show off something cool, but it's all made up to fool the other kids into thinking he is interesting.

    The way they could have handled it is by having choices during side missions or choosing how to approach a target Assassination, like in Unity or Syndicate.

    • Having a gender choice. That ruined it because they clearly based the game on Alexios, even though Kassandra is the canon character. Why not have the game just as Kassandra and make it based on her personality? The game treats Kassandra as if she was an ordinary male mercenary, which isn't how a woman would be treated back in those days. It would be awesome to have, let's say, a general giving her a quest and doubting her skills, just so she could prove him wrong, thus earning respect and notoriety. That could have been explored in much better ways and they ruined it. Saying that most players wouldn't want to play just because you can't play as a male, as an excuse, is stupid.

    • The combat system. Oh, my Odin, the combat system. You're in Ancient Greece but can't use a shield? They nailed the shield mechanic in Origins just to take it away? The combat would be tolerable if enemies weren't damage sponges. That just takes away the feeling of realism. Not to mention that headshots don't kill enemies, even if you're on the same level as them. You have to use that ability which makes the arrow shine red and it sends the bodies flying meters away, which fucks up the immersion. It just looks silly.

    What they should have based it on instead:

    • AC Unity: I know what you're thinking, but hear me out. The game had many flaws, but if not for that, it would definitely have been a good way of seeing a balance between Assassin's Creed and an RPG. The Initiates website even had 10 Assassin classes that were based on your playstyles, the game had a really interesting customization. My only issue was the weapon animations, where a long sword, a sabre and a falchion, for example, would all share the same animations.

    Its stealth and parkour system which was improved in Syndicate was completely taken away in Origins. I have no clue why they would do that.

    • Horizon Zero Dawn:

    Rational person: "Hey, it's a good RPG, with dialogue choices, action based, instant stealth kills in most enemies, a well written female protagonist, and it was well received by the public. We should base AC Odyssey off of it!"

    Ubisoft: "The Witcher it is! :D"

    • Red Dead Redemption 2: yeah, I know. They came out the same year, but that shouldn't stop Ubisoft from learning with it for future projects.

    The hunting mechanic was great, apart from the leather having to be perfect in order to craft stuff.

    It felt historical. I could imagine a story about Assassins and Templars in such a setting. Ubisoft should definitely keep to what AC used to be.

    Focusing on less missions, but making them good ones with deep and interesting writing. Truly developing the characters.

    submitted by /u/TheWhiteWolf1120
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone stop playing an AC game partway?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 11:30 PM PDT

    I'm like 15 hours into Syndicate and I'm getting kind of bored. I moved on from Unity after about 7. The only games I beat completely were 1,2,3. I got bored with revelations, Unity, and now Syndicate. I'm wondering if I'll like Origins or Oddessy.

    submitted by /u/-mickomoo-
    [link] [comments]

    Why do the modern Assassins use antique Hidden Blades?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 10:42 AM PDT

    In the historical narrative, Hidden Blades are constantly being altered and upgraded, and are even broken and replaced quite frequently. So why is it that the modern day assassins use antiques that are either passed down or discovered in ruins? It seems like with their combined skills and resources they could be running around with some pretty advanced gadgets.

    submitted by /u/LibidinousBard
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment