• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 2, 2020

    Assassin's Creed I literally dont care about the setting, the story, what ever about the next game as long as it feels like an actual assassins creed game

    Assassin's Creed I literally dont care about the setting, the story, what ever about the next game as long as it feels like an actual assassins creed game


    I literally dont care about the setting, the story, what ever about the next game as long as it feels like an actual assassins creed game

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 10:21 AM PDT

    So with all my new found time off i went back and actually finished the assassins creed i started with syndicate, moved to origins, and finsihed with odyssey, and syndicate feels like the last true assassin game, i understand origin bayek was the first one to create and order so that was cool becuase you found where a lot of the traditions came from it made sense for it to not feel like one but slowly it did, but syndicate is just "Ancient Greek RPG" its barely an assassins game. I find the map of Odyssey to be filled with just to much dead space, and its so long and boring like tought shit if your in one coner of the map and have to get to the other there is like 5 minutes gone and even if it isn't that long it feels that long which is a problem. its a good game i like it but it just so not an assassins game, i dont want to have to spend half my over all play time running from point to point, i dont want to not have the hidden blade, i dont want to not play an assassin in AN ASSASSINS CREED GAME. Sweet fucking jesus i want the next games to have ACTUAL assassins.

    EDIT: I LIKE ORIGINS and I LIKE ODESSEY, Origins feels like a new chapter in AC gaming Odessey fealt like they decided they didn't fucking care about IP and just wanted to make an ancient greek game and went ahead even tho it didn't FIT ANY, if the next assassins game was like origins i wouldn't have a problem

    submitted by /u/Bionic_Ferir
    [link] [comments]

    What I’m hoping and expecting from AC VIKINGS

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 07:10 AM PDT

    So I think it's basically confirmed that next ac is a Vikings themed game and this is what I'm expecting/hoping for:

    • A less filler-ish story, something more like origins in terms of pacing and cutscenes, and less like odyssey which had so much filler.

    -Improved/overhauled stealth system which makes the AI better and more challenging overall.

    -combat mechanics will return from origins but obviously much smoother and added upon, shields are brought back and you have an option to dual axes.

    -Large kingdoms to infiltrate and lower class areas will look more like the witcher 3 neighborhoods.

    -A story about actual assassins.

    What do y'all want from this upcoming game?

    submitted by /u/Timo-D03
    [link] [comments]

    Small annoying details in syndicate

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 04:41 PM PDT

    Maybe I'm am the only one who cares about this, which is fine, but replaying syndicate I found some insignificant details that I find annoying.

    1. The twins both have two hidden blades, but rarely if ever, use them both in double kills. They just reused most of unity's animations with only one blade, instead of making new ones. I understand why they would reuse animations like that but why give them 2 blades if they never use them at the same time to take out multiple enemies. They basically only use them separately, which I find kinda weird. They could just have given them each a single hidden blade like in unity instead.

    2. The cane sword is a really cool weapon but when playing I hardly ever see them use the actual sword part of the weapon. It seems like they only use the small switchblade in the bottom of the cane and the top as a blunt weapon. Why aren't there more animations of them actually pulling the sword out. (Maybe they do sometimes, but in my playtime I don't think I have ever seen them do it.

    3. The stealth ring seems kinda obsolete to me. Really early in the game you can upgrade eagle vision to see enemies through walls which seems far superior to me. The stealth ring is mostly U.I clutter to me. The worst part is that if you want to disable it you also turn of counter indicators, shot warnings and health bars on enemies, which makes the game way harder since they don't really indicate that they are about to strike.

    4. That you can't wear the hood standing up. I know this might seem like a small thing but I love the hooded look and would like to wear it up all the time. Also the game constantly forces you into non stealth mode, which kinda irritates me. For example when ever you interact with a mission objective they exit stealth mode. It is not too bad as evie since she simply puts her hood down, but I seems so weird that Jacob is infiltrating an enemy compound, and then decides that he can't open a crate or turn a valve without putting on his hat only to take it off again. It would be much more immersive if he could interact with stuff and keep the hood up. Also I don't think we ever see them in a cutscene with their hood up, which could be fixed if the game registered which "mode" the player was in when starting the cutscene. That way scenes like the confessions would look better in my opinion since they would have their hood up.

    Again I know this stuff might not matter to most people but it is small details like this that tends to pull me out of the immersion of the game.

    Edit. Also don't get me wrong I really like syndicate. Same as in unity the stealth is my favorite of the entire series, these small details kinda just irritates me.

    submitted by /u/soer9523
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin’s Creed shouldn’t be restricted to just Assassin’s vs Templars

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 08:03 PM PDT

    A lot of people on this subreddit, and the community in general think that Assassin's Creed should only be about Assassin's vs Templars or else it is not an Assassin's Creed game. This opinion started to gain traction after Odyssey, with the idea that if there's no Assassin's and Templars, then it's not Assassin's Creed. The series shouldn't be restricted to just that. It's more about different ideas and philosophies, choice, 2 sides of the same coin.

    That's what I'm gonna break this down into. 3 categories that make an Assassin's Creed game. Not these "pillars" and other bullshit that OG Assassin's Creed fanboys forces this series to. The three categories are:

    Philosophy

    Choice

    2 sides of the same coin

    The requirements for Assassin's Creed is that the games meet the requirements of 2/3 categories. The grading system will be: 1 🗿= 1 point(some slight comedic sense. If it annoys you, I'll remove it. I don't have a problem with it).

    Let's start with Philosophy.

    Note: I will be making this into a series, starting from the first game. Alright no more interruptions.

    In Assassin's Creed 1, the philosophy isn't very present until Altaïr introduces the very foundation of the Creed. "Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted." This sets the philosophical idea for the rest of the series. As Ezio puts it, "To say that Nothing is True, is understand that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must shepherd our own civilization. To say that Everything is Permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our own actions. And that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious, or tragic." But Ezio will come up in the next 3 parts.

    Choice:

    On playing through Assassin's Creed 1. Choice also isn't very present in the game. Though I could be wrong. And don't get technical saying, "he chose to kill that guy in the temple, and expose the Assassins." No. That's arrogance and disregard for the Brotherhood's tenets.

    2 sides of the same coin:

    Assassin's Creed 1 shows this to a good extent. As Altaïr's story progresses, he starts to represent the idealistic Assassin. A defender of freedom and justice. Chaotic good. While the Templars and Al Mualim represent order, and control. Chaotic evil. It is done exceptionally well And is there when it is needed. Altaïr represents what the Assassins are. The chaotic good of the chaos coin. The Templars and Al Mualim represent the opposite side of said coin.

    Overall score:

    Philosophy: 🗿

    Choice: 0

    2 sides of the same coin: 🗿

    2/3. It passes. No surprise there. It's the first game in the whole damn series. If you have your own opinions, have something more to add, or noticed something that I missed, then please, feel free to voice them. This is also going to be a series. So please, give me some feedback and correct if I am at all wrong going forward.

    submitted by /u/oogaboogaNXS
    [link] [comments]

    AC Odyssey: Accidentally knocked someone out and now I can't stop.

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    AC Odyssey: Accidentally knocked someone out and now I can't stop.

    I was running from an angry mob consisting of broom-wielding civilians, guards, three mercenaries, two dogs, and one infuriated rooster (just a normal day) and in my frantic attempt to escape with my life, I accidentally fat-fingered the weapon swap button "T" while trying to use my overpower ability "R."

    I never use a secondary weapon due to one being too expensive to maintain (upgrade) right now (I may reconsider once I max everything out) - so in that moment I accidentally beat the sh*t out of a random man with a broom and he was knocked tf out; and WOW was it satisfying.

    After I escaped and collected my thoughts I realized that this was the magic I was looking for. I had forgotten all about hand-to-hand (hand-to-weapon?) combat because I always had a weapon in my hand!

    Fighting this way is like super useful and was like discovering avocados for the first time. When I fight hand to hand:

    1. I don't get any bounties because I don't actually kill anybody - Typically mercenaries are my primary source of income and rare materials however sometimes I just don't want to be bothered. I beat the crap out of an entire leader house, kidnapped the leader, and just rode around town with him on my horse for kicks - didn't get a single drachmae added to my bounty. Wow.
    2. I now have a way of handling unruly civilians without killing them - I never want to kill civilians but sometimes they get on my last nerves when I'm in the middle of real mercenary work and they are chasing, taunting, and trying to attack a god-like mercenary with a broom! Like really? REALLY? How much wine have you had!? Now I can just knock them out safely and give them time and a lump to reflect on their actions.
    3. It's more reliable when recruiting legendary Lieutenants for my ship - I don't have to worry about accidentally killing them anymore or timing my spartan kick. I can just beat them into joining my crew :)
    4. It's a new approach to the game - I forgot one of the reasons this was put into the game was for people who wanted to avoid killing as much as possible. I never thought about playing the game this way and may actually try it. Not to mention it's a good challenge when fighting three mercenaries at a time or an entire fort.

    This was a super fun discovery for me. I now find myself wanting more animations or abilities just for my fists or maybe brass knuckles (but those would be weapons).

    Has anyone else tried this or feel the same?

    Hip tossing an unruly civilian

    Kidnapping a knocked-out nation leader

    \"Convincing\" a legendary mercenary to join my crew

    submitted by /u/LeAristocrat
    [link] [comments]

    I don’t like how the main menus get changed to DLC with the new games

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 08:27 AM PDT

    In both Origins, and Odyssey, as DLC was dropped, the main menu's background would be changed over to something DLC related (A living Mummy for Curse of the Pharaohs, Poseidon showing Alexios Atlantis for Judgement of Atlantis, etc.) While I can understand this hypes up the new content, I hate that it doesn't change back to the original menu eventually. I haven't checked Origins in a while, but the mummy was still up months after. I wish the developers would add the option to choose which background is available.

    submitted by /u/BaneShake
    [link] [comments]

    Do the Assassin Creed series improving or starting to let down?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 10:24 PM PDT

    Do the Assassin Creed series improving or starting to let down?

    I wonder what do you guys think? I used to Love Assassin Creed, as it just began, I was hooked, I loved the knife kills, and sword fighting with all the block attack tricks. Now I have to say it is becoming more focused on quests and open world travels.

    I still like the games, yet I think the beginning games where much more exciting/interesting then the latest ones.

    What do you guys think? (I pasted the list of the games since it started on 2007)

    Assassin's Creed

    Assassin's Creed: Altaïr's Chronicles

    Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines

    Assassin's Creed II

    Assassin's Creed II: Discovery

    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

    Assassin's Creed: Revelations

    Assassin's Creed III

    Assassin's Creed III: Liberation[a]

    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

    Assassin's Creed: Pirates

    Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry[c]

    Assassin's Creed Rogue

    Assassin's Creed Identity

    Assassin's Creed Unity

    Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China[d]

    Assassin's Creed Syndicate

    Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India

    Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia

    Assassin's Creed Origins

    Assassin's Creed Odyssey

    Assassin's Creed Rebellion

    submitted by /u/ydfonzgaming
    [link] [comments]

    Black Flag, Unity and Syndicate Bundle on sale on On the Play station store for under $40?!

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 03:36 PM PDT

    I feel like the deal is too damn good to be true, but perhaps they are taking advantage of all the sweet time most of us have on our hands these days.

    The bundle is $39 and change for the three games.

    ***edit--delete the double 'on' in the title. Damn you dyslexia!!**

    submitted by /u/Jabelinha
    [link] [comments]

    AC2 wasn't that great and I don't really like Ezio.

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 11:48 PM PDT

    Alright before I get jumped in an alley.... I don't think he's a bad character. He's a great character.

    But I really disliked the writing of AC2. It may be because I was coming off of AC1 which is probably my favourite AC game.

    I truly felt like an assassin when I completed all the investigations (and I always did all of them, never just the minimum) and was able to form the plan myself and watch it play out perfectly. The Rafiq didn't spoil the planning, they merely filled in holes in my original idea.

    Sometimes you'd get in and realise "oh, that's not gonna work, time to rethink" and have to improvise (thank you Malik for teaching is the importance of backup plans!)

    I can name more characters from AC1 than I can any other game I've ever played.

    I can name more characters from AC1 than most movies I've seen!

    And each of them feels like a believable person.

    Malik is probably my favourite supporting character of all time. He's not in much of the game but what we see of him has meaning. He's used well as a teacher to Altair who in turn teaches Malik.

    Robert isn't evil. He's misguided. Throughout each kill Altair realises his enemies aren't evil just to be evil. They truly believe they're doing good.

    AC2's Borgia is a moustache-twirling, comically evil villain with vapid motivations. The Pazzi are grown man-children, and that other family is.... forgettable.

    The best part of AC2 for me were the tombs and codex pages. Being able to read about Altair's life and how his views on the world have changed through his study and reflection was awesome.

    Don't get me wrong. It has its moments. Ezio's speech during the Burning of the Vanities is just great.

    Ezio is a brash, arrogant, smartass that grows tremendously and seeing him grow was amazing.

    I loved how long the game takes! You don't just dismantle the entire Templar Order in a week. It takes years.

    That time spent with Ezio really shows and solidifies him as a great character.

    But I still cannot stand his personality until Revelations.

    It's not until he's the most like Altair that I like Ezio. In AC2 he's an arrogant smartass. In Brotherhood he's stubborn and brash. Sure he grows out of both but it's always there.

    submitted by /u/UnofficialOffice
    [link] [comments]

    What are some of your favorite Assassin's Creed quotes?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 06:26 PM PDT

    I think mine have got to be "I should have killed you long ago" (AC3) and Thatch's "Appear to be the devil and all men will submit" bit.

    And Malik's "NOVICE!" is always a classic.

    submitted by /u/Aur0ha
    [link] [comments]

    Climbing buildings in the older games.

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    I'm replaying the first assassins creed rn (nostalgia trip, it was one of my first ps3 games) and I forgot how different the climbing was. It's interesting how it's evolved throughout the series, in ac1 you have to figure out how to climb each structure like a little platforming game. You need to look for a ledge that's within reach, navigate around structures and slowly work your way up each story like a real life rock climber. Ezio is faster than Altaïr and has a little more freedom when it comes to climbing, but you still have to find ledges within reach etc. in the American games you just fly up buildings either ease, I remember playing ac3 with my brother and we'd get a kick out of how we'd be running down a street then make a wrong turn, and just end up on a rooftop. Unity/ syndicate seems much more inspired by free runners, and overall seemed realistic. The new games bother me because you can literally climb anything even sheer rock faces with no thing to grab.

    submitted by /u/TheArcticThing
    [link] [comments]

    miss the fights with hidden blades in ac2

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 06:15 PM PDT

    do you think you should come back?

    submitted by /u/AshamedTarget
    [link] [comments]

    Mayan/Aztec AC or Vikings?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 08:24 AM PDT

    Really wanting a Mayan/Aztec AC. If you enjoyed Origins I could see it playing close to that because of the history, architecture, and landscape vibe. Overall that is my biggest want with an AC. Vikings would be cool and all, but I really don't want a heavy sea thing again it's beyond slow and boring, and that's a large Viking thing.

    submitted by /u/JAKL-Noctium
    [link] [comments]

    [Warrior Academy] AC Odyssey | Advanced Movement ft IndianAssassin9000 [April Fool's 2020]

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 09:29 PM PDT

    Assassins Creed: The Remastered Collection?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 12:18 AM PDT

    Do you think that Assassins Creed will ever have a remastered collection? Similar to the Halo Master Chief collection (that now has non-master chief games included). I would love to play some of the early games with updated graphics and potentially smoother movements and such. Maybe on the next gen consoles? Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Grady__Bug
    [link] [comments]

    When do we get the first trailer or reveal to AC Ragnarok / Kingdom

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    What do you guys think? I hope soon, i cant wait anymore. Checking Youtube every day. Love the series.

    submitted by /u/Hypnotic39
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed V, Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, or Assassin's Creed: Ragnarok?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 11:38 PM PDT

    What title would you like the most and do you consider the most fitting for the rumored setting?

    submitted by /u/Judgeski2
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed 2 and the statues on Altaïr's armor

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    There's 6 statues with the Assassin's of each era in their memory. Should Ubisoft use them to make new games and use just as their described? This is something that I thought of it since the announcement of Origins. I mean, they described a character, what they used to kill and which important people he killed. I still think it would be awesome having this connection with AC 2.

    submitted by /u/RinkuMC
    [link] [comments]

    Odyssey- perfect wind-down game during stay-at-home

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 05:06 PM PDT

    Yeah yeah, shit story, filler map and boring quest design, we all know the complaints. OG AC is best, for sure.

    But I gotta say, deciding to replay Odyssey during work-from-home isolation time was a smart move and I am enjoying the replay so much. It's just such a fun hang-out game. A quest or two as a break between work tasks, or running around clearing forts while listening to a boring meeting- it's just such a nice thing to have around. A beautiful violent world to kill and run around in, it's a good friend during these times.

    And yeah a lot of the game is actually pretty freaking awesome. The run-up to and battles with the monsters are so great, especially the Minotaur. On a replay, planning out how to match my outfit to fit the mission is an extra bit of fun (this time I wore the the Theseus set in full while killing the Minotaur).

    I just relieved stress from a tough day by joining a conquest battle and using my minotaur axe to overpower kill every punk-ass Spartan in my way. So cathartic.

    Sure the last things I played before this was the Dark Souls series so I was definitely not in the mood for anything hard or serious or intense any more, and having a breezy fun beautiful open world role-playing as a bad-ass lesbo warrior chick is a nice break from reality.

    And I am a hardcore Ezio fanboy who will ACTUALLY at you all day about how the original game is great and means more. But so what. Yes I'd prefer the next games to more weighty and satisfying in the way the originals were but they won't be and that's fine- I look forward to sailing and fighting as a Viking when that game comes out on sale, probably after suffering my way through Sekiro during the next economic, biological or political crisis.

    submitted by /u/take5b
    [link] [comments]

    Idea for working WWII setting into Assassins Creed

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 07:17 PM PDT

    A lot of people seem keen on the idea of Assassins Creed set in WWII, but for me I think it's far too recent, a lot of problems arose in Syndicate because of the date and that was much earlier, so I'm thinking they could use the World War setting as part of a separate story within the modern day storyline. The modern day protagonist would be focussing mainly on a more historic period, we'll say 13th Century Japan as an example, during this time, in order to keep an ancient artefact from the Templars it was broken and both parts hidden in separate locations in the world, one in Japan and one somewhere else. Some time before World War 2 the Templars discovered one of these pieces and in 1933 it came into the possession of Adolf Hitler who used it's power to try and help the Templar Order gain world domination, seeing the power he'd gained from one piece he became obsessed with finding the second, having both pieces would surely garner enough power for him to control the entire population himself, so the Assassins had to stop him before this could happen, they assassinated Hitler and buried the artefact piece in a secret location without keeping any record in order to protect information from being leaked further down the line, obviously now they have the animus so they can get the information that way, but, as we know Layla had made her own animus that could access any memories just by using DNA fragments which is now in the hands of the Templars after Layla's death, the Templars are now desperately searching for the location of the body of the WWII Assassin so they can relive his memories and find the piece for themselves, with the Assassins finding out this information they now have the upper hand and you must relive the memories yourself, find the location of both pieces and finally destroy them for the good of mankind.

    This way we don't have to have the whole game set in WWII but there would be a setting and an Assassin there for us to roam around and get a feel for the period, the size of Assassins Creed games recently has shown that it's quite possible for them to have a large map with several cities within the WWII era as well as a full sized main game set in Japan, it would also be good to get a modern day story thats interesting again, and a desperate struggle between modern day Assassins and Templars to find the same artefact would be pretty cool I think, it would also be cool to be able to travel and play in modern day Japan and the other location during modern day story missions to retrieve the artefact. Sounds like a big game I know, but we're getting next gen this year and I hope we can get a game like this soon. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/DeathBat92
    [link] [comments]

    Revelations has the best movement.

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 08:36 AM PDT

    First things first I'm going to clear this up. I know that Unity is much smoother in terms of the parkour aspect of movement but in recent AC games (Unity-Odyssey) you cannot make precise jumps, or jump straight up and grab a ledge that is 6 feet above and pull yourself up. In other words I think that the movement system is getting worse as each game releases.

    The Hookblade is an excellent addition and after replaying 2 and Brotherhood recently, the speed of which you climb now is a noticeable improvement. It's also just fun to trip people over. I don't understand why the Hookblade gets so much flack.

    Zip lines are also damn near perfect. They'd be more useful if Constantinople had wider streets or taller buildings. I think it would cool to see this type of zip line return in a future game (and I don't mean Syndicate).

    Anyway, tell me what you think. I'm interested in your opinions and ideas.

    Edit: I forgot to mention the parachutes.

    submitted by /u/FluxGalaxies
    [link] [comments]

    Unpopular Opinions about the franchise

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 10:54 PM PDT

    I love the Assassin's Creed film, Ezio is highly overrated, I enjoy the tailing and eavesdropping missions, I really don't like Rogue and I hate Shay. Hate Origins, it had half assed RPG mechanics, Bayek was an uninteresting character with terrible dialogue and the story was boring. The combat was the worst, feeling incredibly floaty and unimpactful. I had to force myself to finish it.

    submitted by /u/iamthenight22
    [link] [comments]

    Playing like a Shadow in Chronicles China is kinda brutal

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    Currently on a Completionist Playthrough on the game with all the Achievements and one of them is playing through all the memories on Shadow Gold, meaning you can't be detected nor can you kill anybody except for your targets. I have to say I like how the Creed really transcends to the gameplay here, but it's also brutal as heck to get through certain parts lol. Definitely having a blast though. What do you guys think about the game?

    submitted by /u/MegaBoschi
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment