• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 26, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Origins made me realize why I can’t get into Odyssey

    Assassin's Creed Origins made me realize why I can’t get into Odyssey


    Origins made me realize why I can’t get into Odyssey

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 03:39 PM PDT

    I just started a fresh new playthrough of origins because I stopped playing and never finished it and holy crap the first cutscene made me realize why I can't get into Odyssey.

    The voice acting and story is night and day way beyond Odyssey. Bayek's uncontrollable rage when he kills the heron and especially the ibis is why I can't connect with Kassandra or Alexios. The characters in Origins are well voice acted and authentic while Odyssey I literally skip all of the dialogue because the VA is so cringe for me anyway.

    The world also in Origins feels way more alive and it oozes with atmosphere. Odyssey even though is bigger felt like I've been there and done that when I discover a new location. I think Origins more diverse cultures, different biomes and focus on quality over quantity is why I feel bored in Odyssey.

    Edit: I forgot to mention on the open world aspect, Egypt feels like a living breathing country while Greece feels like an elaborate theme park.

    Not to shit on Odyssey, it's a decent RPG, but the story's pacing and VA is what caused me to never beat it. The pace grinds to a screeching halt in the middle which is a shame because I love the beginning which had me hooked and I'm sad that they felt like they needed to pad the game to 50 hours.

    Origins feels more focused and the best part of all for me is that the story feels personal for Bayek. You can tell that Khemu's death haunts him for the whole game while for instance when Phoebe dies the protagonist is sad for a bit and then goes back to normal.

    I hope the next AC game doesn't focus on making giant open worlds with excessive amounts of playtime because it diminishes why I love the series, particularly 2, 4 and Origins, and that's because of the amazing characters.

    TL:DR: We need more AC game's like 2,4 and Origins where the focus is on telling a personal story with charismatic characters instead of a giant open world RPG focused on the big world and long playtime.

    submitted by /u/Domination1799
    [link] [comments]

    Slight Spoiler for FoA: No Layla, the Assassins do not fight for chaos

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 07:37 AM PDT

    Seriously, Bill Miles' standards when it comes to potential Assassins is ridiculously low. I understand Layla was a new character, and she's learning. But how is it, that in just 2 years, she went from being an ABSTERGO ASSET, to AN ASSASSIN? Nobody in the Brotherhood should trust her for a long time. Abstergo/Templars nearly wiped out the the Assassins almost 2 decades prior. And here comes Layla saying that the Assassins represent chaos. BULLSHIT. The Assassins want freedom, justice, independence, and PEACE. Yet she will get to hold the Staff of Hermes, with the Isu woman knowing full well that she can be corrupted by the Staff. Remember how Juno celebrated Desmond's death? That would be me if Layla died.

    submitted by /u/oogaboogaNXS
    [link] [comments]

    The opportunity Unity missed with the Napoleonic Wars.

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 02:30 PM PDT

    I've been thinking for a while, and I just replayed unity and so I'm quite disappointed with how they failed to make a trilogy for the Napoleonic Wars.

    As we know, Napoleon is already established as a character in Unity, and it's also heavily implied in ACII that he was aided in his conquests and building his empire by a piece of Eden. I would envision the game following Unity beginning with Napoleon becoming consul, and Arno agrees to help establish his friend in power and defend France. I would picture this game being set in Vienna, the Austrians after all were some of Napoleons most consistent opponents. As the game progresses and the Napoleonic wars progress as well, Arno begins to become disillusioned with his friends pretensions and ambitions. Throughout the game, Arno comes into contact with such people as Klemenz von Metternich, the future architect of the Congress of Vienna, and the Archduke Charles, the Austrian emperors far more talented younger brother, who was the first man to defeat Napoleon on the field of battle. Another character could be Andreas Hofer, the Tyrollean patriot who led the failed Tyrolese revolt against the French. The game culminates in 1809 following the Battle of Wagram, and Napoleon is at the height of his power now, when Arno decide for the good of Europe he has to attempt to take Napoleon down (in 1809 there was an attempt on napoleons life in the Schönbrunn palace, which failed). However, after a piece of Eden showdown, Arno fails and barely escapes with his life to the one place where he might get escape Napoleons reach: Russia.

    Here he tries to build a semblance of a new order in the Imperial capital of St Petersburg and uncover another piece of Eden with which he might use to bring Napoleon down, but his former friends agents and armies are not far behind. At the same time he must try and remove the pro French cabal surrounding the Tsar Alexander I. The Russian architecture would be so cool to climb all over, and Arno could even meet a family in one quest who very much resembles the characters from War and peace as a Tolstoy homage. When the piece of Eden is eventually found, Napoleon invades in 1812 to attempt to seize it. He needless to say, fails, and Tsar Alexander I expels Napoleon from Russia with Arnos help. The epilogue of the game is Arno briefly meeting with his old friend before he is exiled to Elba.

    Then I figure there would be a DLC based around Napoleons 100 days and his return from exile, you get to meet Wellington and other figures from Napoleons final stand.

    Does anybody else wish that they had taken this route? I remember when I first finished Unity that I was 100 percent sure this was the route they would take, and was quite disappointed when it failed to materialize.

    EDIT BEFORE THIS GETS DOWNVOTED TO OVLIVION: I've not played beyond syndicate, I'm not meaning for this post to be bashing any of the new stuff, I was just wondering if anybody else felt Ubisoft missed an opportunity with this.

    submitted by /u/animetimeskip
    [link] [comments]

    Imagine for a moment, if we went back to Medieval Times

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 10:51 AM PDT

    We've made a lot of huge strides in this Franchise, but let's be serious Assassin's Creed as a franchise has really become muddled. I just wish we could take all the good strides, such as the mechanics from Origins, the thriving cities like in Brotherhood, interesting NPCs like in AC:2, and go back to medieval times.

    The main thing I hated with Odyssey is you didn't FEEL like an assassin. There was no blending, no working for the greater good, just you being a mercenary.

    But the worst part is you didn't LOOK like an Assassin, sure you got a Hood that matches the Merc set, but come on, the robes are my favorite part of the ensemble.

    So here's my thought:

    We go to Medieval Times again, be some Assassin, make him/her a badass. Apparently bloodlines don't matter anymore so modern day Assassin can stay the same.

    Piece of Eden: Excalibur

    Location: England, Wales, and maybe a bit of Scotland/Ireland

    Fully customizable Assassin Robes, from head to toe, you get to choose your parts, Tassets, Tabard, Coif, hood, whatever. No bearing on combat but there are armor pieces that can be layered that do affect durability much like in AC2.

    Crafting system: As an Assassin you can craft gear to a degree but for really good stuff you'll need a blacksmith to improve gear. Level of improvement depends on skill level of blacksmith. Higher skilled blacksmith require higher reputation.

    Reputation: each city has a unique reputation depending on their major trade type. A city that exports mainly furs and game for example, will be much more impressed by your skills as a hunter, which will increase reputation faster over other actions. Increasing Reputation is vital for progression but could also alert Templars who could send out Hit Squads after you.

    Anyways that's a few ideas I was having.

    I just wish we could go back to simpler Medieval Times.

    submitted by /u/Mr_Stach
    [link] [comments]

    Assassins Creed: Origins is the first game I've ever played, and I loved the freedom I had!

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 07:36 PM PDT

    I was never much of a gamer; our house had a PS2 with DDR, a Nintendo DS, and I later got a decent laptop that I played Guild Wars 2 on. My roommate, on the other hand, has played her share of games (she's obsessed with Witcher 3 and has got every single trophy). So when I went to her place for spring break, we found we were both obsessed with how cool the Assassin's outfits were, watched that eye-candy/terrible movie with Michael Fassbender, and decided to finally play the damn games.

    After I figured out how to use the controller by messing around in a field in her game of Witcher, I was let loose with my fantastically crappy gaming skills. Until we got ahold of Origins, I played through Black Flag's prologue and had become intensely frustrated with how I kept climbing random sh*t I while "free running" from guards. Then I started Origins, and first of all the graphics were a whole lot better on the PS4, although Black Flag wasn't terrible, but damn was the setting in Egypt just super cool on its own. Being a beginner, I was again thrilled with difficulty levels (my fighting skills sucked, so I struggled at times even with it set on Easy), and the story/cut-scenes were great (T.T rip Khemu).

    Besides all that, though, I really liked the freedom I had in Origins. I watched my roommate play some God of War, and although it seemed fun as well, it just didn't have the exploration and flexibility I experienced in my 16 hours of playing Origins (I didn't get far lmao). I loved getting to explore Alexandria, solving the papyrus puzzles and getting cool gear, hitting all of the synchronization points, and scoping things out with Senu. In fact, I'm pretty sure I relied on Senu way too much, making sure I "tagged" every single guard/bandit in the area before heading in to complete the quest. I loved that I could hide in bushes, assassinate guards one by one so I stayed out of conflict, and I could climb every wall imaginable. The fact that I could choose to hack my way through everyone, or sneak around and avoid fighting (again, sucky combat skills) was amazing. Every time I died, I would think about a new way to approach the target, a different entry-way, knocking out the guards first, maybe a different time of day when they're asleep.

    I'm now mourning the fact that I can't keep playing because I'm back in my home state due to COVID-19. But hopefully I'll get to continue Origins, or another AC game, one day!

    TLDR - Origins was very pretty, had a great story, was fun to explore, and was fun for a beginner like me!

    submitted by /u/itikky2
    [link] [comments]

    What if we have an "authentic language" audio option?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 10:09 PM PDT

    I know that lore-wise the animus translates dialogues into the language a Subject is familiar with but I like the thought of playing with the ancestor's language, such as playing ac2 in Italian or Unity in French. However, switching audio language converted the modern day part into that language as well. How about an "authentic language" mode? We already had experienced it in AC3 with Connor speaking in his native language and switching to English when necessary. What if we have similar treatment to the older games? I know a remake is far from probable at this point but humor me.

    Imagine AC Revelations with Ezio speaking Turkish in Italian accent, but switching to Italian when speaking with Sofia, so we can see how Ezio feels at home when being around her.

    Or imagine AC1, with Altair speaking Arabic but switching to French/German when talking to targets in Acre. The third crusade era Levantine Assassins should be multilingual right? Else the whole eavesdropping / letter interception thing would fall apart.

    What's your thought on this?

    submitted by /u/HeavyBlastoise
    [link] [comments]

    Merchants in AC Brotherhood are super kind to you compared to other merchants.

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 07:48 AM PDT

    merchants in AC B when you don't buy anything "oh well another time" "maybe next time i'll have something you'll like? come back whenever you please" "I love you and hope you have the best day of your life this day and the next day, but not three days in a row"

    merchants in dark souls when you don't buy anything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2x9_hlyXFE

    submitted by /u/SupremeCommanderMimi
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished Assassin creed odyssey!

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 03:11 PM PDT

    One of my favorite games, thou I wonder why there is so much hate on Alexios.

    submitted by /u/ameenalter
    [link] [comments]

    Replaying the entire main series of AC

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 03:28 PM PDT

    Because I've got nothing else to do

    But I gotta say, Assassin's Creed 1? I'm kinda in awe of how good it looks, plays and feels. Also the PC side missions they added, archer assassinations and whatnot is a breath of fresh air. Also the eavesdropping and pickpocketing missions are far easier than I remember?

    But anyways, I'm halfway through memory block six. Damn this is such a fun game. I'll edit with reactions to AC2 when I start it up

    *stop saying I need flair when I have flair selected!!!!! *

    submitted by /u/JulietPapaOscar
    [link] [comments]

    I like Assassins Creed Unity

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 03:30 AM PDT

    I did get bugs, we all had some glitches, but 99.99% of the time they weren't some game detrimental game breaking horror, they were maybe some minor animation glitching or another similar thing. Therefore I may be a bit biased. I also concede that the game still has some few bugs and other issues, but it's basically fixed (on console at least). I also want to first get it out of the way that this game has other problems as well, and that some parts of the game are also another example of Ubisoft selling us lies (which was a bit of a let down, to say the least, and saddens me to this day when considering what could have been). However even with all this I consider Unity a net positive.

    This is all subjective (obviously) but I personally believe Unity was an admirable attempt at revamping Assassins Creed, that (while not perfect) it sent the franchise in the right direction, and that the franchise is worse off for having abandoned it along with many fans.

    I don't know if you all remember, but the fandom wasn't looking too hot before the announcement of Rogue and Unity. Assassins Creed 3 did not provide fans with a successor to ezio that they wanted, or (ironically) the freedom Assassins Creed is known for, while also killing off Desmond on top of that. Following this was Black Flag, which I loved, but I distinctly remember that others did not. The franchise had evolved as it went along, and with black flag it had evolved to a point where many fans no longer found that the game they loved lived within black flag. Being turned off by the large focus on naval combat/travel and more so being a brutal, pirating, killing machine rather than a stealthy and precise master assassin for a large portion of the game. Leaving fans an unsatisfactory continuation of the modern day to top it off by having you walk around an office in first person quietly hacking things through puzzles on a tablet. This dissatisfaction with the evolution/direction of the games post-revelations, in addition to some other things, left the franchise in need of saving in the eyes of many fans. Unity took on that challenge, using the promise of new gen capabilities.

    It was Assassins Creed rebuilt from the ground up in order to regain that original Assassins Creed essence which so many fans yearned for, while also ensuring they can take full advantage of new gen console gaming technologies. And, to be honest, I think it achieved that much. It brought us back to a more tight-knit, graphically impressive, and architecturally advanced European setting, traversing it with a more charismatic and evolving noble character. The way said character interacts with this setting has also had positive alteration: Parkour has been expanded in function and animation, combat has been revamped to provide more diversity along with challenge to incentivize stealth (the hidden blade is now also just that, a hidden blade used to kill only really when you want to remain hidden or your primary weapon would be inappropriate), stealth has been expanded with the introduction of features such as crouching-mode/cover-mode and a last spotted system, exploration/immersion is maximized with things such as the ability to enter 1/4 of all houses and having random crowd events appear weather the player acts on them or not, almost everything is connected via character traversable land/structures with low need to load into an area, etc., etc.

    Then there are the part of Unity which are less about rebuilding Assassins Creed and more so about innovating AC in the right direction. Things such as shifting primary weapon focus from just swords to a deeper use and understanding of other weapons, Customizing your Character to look/feel/act exactly the way you want them to with deeper systems of a light-rpg element which complimented AC's formula/feel/style. Especially in the way it helps you feel like you're growing as an Assassin. The Modern Day also shifted in the way we participate in it to accommodate the player for a Desmond-less modern day experience. All kinds of things which I wanted to see and felt like added to the overall AC experience in a refreshing yet respecting way. Things I'd want to see implemented similarly again in a future title.

    Multiplayer, too, has received this treatment, finally bringing it to the forefront of the game, rather than a footnote in every game featuring some alternate universe's version of what AC may be there. And while it is sad to see the mode entirely gone (as it was fun to hunt down and trick other real people) I find that it was the right call to give multiplayer the same gameplay and depth as the main game, letting players strategize together and help each other to overcome a more challenging objective or mission. If only it had provided more variety or fail-safes for when certain online things go awry as they tend to do.

    You may have noticed that I have kept from talking about much of the story or characters, and that's because I'm honestly not sure where I lie with my view on it. It is highly subjective and I can lean toward both the negative and positive camps concerning it. What I will have to say, however, is that the mission design/freedom found in unity can be truly amazing, the introduction/early-on of the game as well was quite amazing in building up promise of a good game and providing the very Assassins Creed vibe, and it definitely has its great moments/beats

    Overall I think that this game at its base core is a remarkable reconstruction of Assassins Creed, nearly unparalleled in some aspects by what came before, while bringing a fresh innovation into the franchise which was meant to send the franchise in the right direction looking forward (and was, in my opinion, an excellent step forward). It is indeed a tragedy what did end up happening though.

    "Reality is often disappointing" A quote some might understandably use in reference to AC upon this game's launch, but a quote I would use for what would follow the game's launch

    submitted by /u/JcraftY2K
    [link] [comments]

    Best protagonist in the action-adventure genre of Assassin’s Creed (non-rpg)

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    Yes, I couldn't put Bayek, Alexios and Kassandra in it because there weren't enough options in this poll.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/TheCascador
    [link] [comments]

    black flag how to complete kenway's fleet

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 06:51 PM PDT

    Firstly when you make a route safe, does it ever get dangerous again?

    secondly is there a way to complete these fleet missions? so they are done and dusted forever, or some kind of marker to know when you have completed them all and the rest are just reruns?

    submitted by /u/alixxxali
    [link] [comments]

    Would a Southeast Asia theme taking place in the 1700-1900s be a good idea?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 09:13 PM PDT

    I currently been playing Black Flag which is literally my first creed game outside bloodlines on the PSP. I really don't game anymore like I did in middle school. Black flag was a game I browsed from a friend and with my free time decided to try it out. Honestly really great game and would love to play the old games to see the other good maps and cities.

    But back with my topic. I didn't finish black flag yet and started it yesterday but the theme of the Caribbean, colonial rule from Spanish and English, and Pirates seems like it can carry over like a series to the other creed games. I know the main storyline takes place more in early Europe but is there a way they could connect Black Flag like a series. I think a Creed game taking place during the European rule of Southeast Asia would connect with black flag. Spain colonized the Philippines, France had indochina, Dutch indonesia, and British had China for a while. Even then China could play a big part in this game with its importance during this time period. I think a game in Southeast Asia could connect with Black flag really well and could be a very vast map.

    submitted by /u/Carrythefire19998
    [link] [comments]

    An idea for a modern day story that will never happen

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 08:48 PM PDT

    The story opens up in first person, in some enclosed space, an animus of some sort. Muffled voices of Layla and others can be heard. From the discussion, you get a general notion that they're in an area they're not supposed to be in, an Abstergo hideout perhaps? They open up the lid to your Animus, and are shocked to find a semi-conscious person inside. Turns out that opening that door triggered an alarm, and so without any time, they rush out of there, dragging you along to question you about this Abstergo operation. Throughout this, you're experiencing major bleedout effects from whatever era the main game takes place in, and even after their daring escape, you're unresponsive and incoherent. Unable to speak english properly, confused about where you are, etc. They realize that you were probably pulled out of the Animus too quickly, and so they plug you into theirs to see where it goes.

    Cue whatever era the game takes place in. You're playing a protagonist that is an ancestor of yours. You can hear the assassins mention how they share a striking simularity, the dna synchonization is off the charts, etc. The game has you investigate a cult of some kind based around a Piece of Eden called The Sarcophgus. It's nature is kept mysterious, and you eventually get hints that this cult wants to ressussitate a god or ancient king or whatever powerful figure fits the era and theme of the historical bit. They'll eventually succeed, but the reanimated figure is nothing like they expected. They're bumbling and naive.

    You eventually get ancient civilization info about how this PoE was meant to resurrect them after their Great Catastrophe in case they could not avoid it, however it never made it past human testing. Their triple helix dna was too complex for it and it was a case of too little too late.

    Right after this (and perhaps more often peppered out in the story) you can wake up from the animus and look around at the events going on around you. The assassins get attacked, and familiar distinctly british voices can be heard from the Templars trying to take you back. Cue another narrow escape by some of the assassins, with you in tow. This time you're more responsive, even able to speak. In fact, you have a very similar intonation to your ancestor. We all know where this is going.

    Back in the animus, you reach the end of the storyline, and find out where The Sarcophagus was hidden at the end. However this time instead of beating the Templars to it, the modern assassins realize that it's right next to the lab they found you in, and the Templars have already dug it up. Those two british voices from earlier? Starreck and Haythem Kenway. Turns out that this piece of Eden can clone people from DNA, and when used in conjunction with the Animus, it can make them live through their own memories, for perfect synchronization as well as the generation of extremely loyal and experienced agents. Naturally, you were a part of this program, and they needed something from your memories. The location of the dna of a powerful potential Templar?

    The last modern day bit would be a decisive strike on the Templar base, using combat against the grunts and stealth to avoid major Templars pulled from previous games. This part could easily be in 3rd person as your character is well established and skilled by this point. After this short jaunt, you take off with the Sarcophagus, hinting that you're heading for an important location (the location of Altair, Ezio, or other assassin's remains).

    submitted by /u/Dantalion_Delacroix
    [link] [comments]

    I still think origins should have been about Darius or before Darius.

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 08:52 AM PDT

    Just so assassins we saw in AC2's sanctuary like Wei Yu, Leonius, Darius can remain as actual assassin like we knew them as instead of some random people who fought templars they are now.

    So let me talk about this, if they made it so that Darius is the first assassin that established brotherhood, there aren't any problem. It would make sense that Wei Yu and Leonius also became assassin due to influence of brotherhood Darius already created. Darius was earliest known assassin, so I really don't understand why they had to go with story they made now.

    It could work this way too, we can still have Egypt and Bayek, but just make it so that the time period is few hundreds of years before Darius. Bayek is considered "forgotten" among modern assassins so it would make sense that he worked as assassin so early that no one remembers him.

    It just didn't make sense to me, assassins know about Darius who is way before Bayek and isn't even assassin, just some random guy who assassinated Xerxes with hidden blade, but they don't know about Bayek? Father of assassin brotherhood and Husband of legendary Amunet? Really?

    Story of origins also made assassins misinformed idiots because as we know, Cleopatra was assassinated by Amunet using snake but what actually happened was that Amunet never killed Cleopatra. She just gave her poison drink and let her kill herself with that.

    Due to timeline they set origins, all the assassins like Darius, Wei Yu, Leonius aren't assassins anymore. Just random people who fought templars who are for some reason, considered as assassins. Why? Because they used stealthy approach to assassinate templar? That make you automatically assassin?

    submitted by /u/Baron012
    [link] [comments]

    Today i finished the mainstory my first Assassin's creed!

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    -Syndicate, and what an amazing game! But i wish i could play as Henry after the mainstory was completed. What did you think of the game and the ending if you played it?

    submitted by /u/lill-mortum
    [link] [comments]

    Play only the story in Assassins Creed Origins?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 08:53 PM PDT

    I just wanted to see if anyone knew of a way to just play the main story line, without needing to do a dozen side quests to level up to the point you're not one shot by the guards in the next part of the quest.

    I get that all the side quests add ambiance... but most of them are really tedious and id rather just follow the main story which seems fairly well written even if i dont like some of the characters.

    I tried looking at the hacked animus things, but i can see how i can make my play-through harder or limit myself, but not the other way around. Like i can reduce the amount of xp gained, but not increase it, or limit the level cap, things like that.

    submitted by /u/Silberdrachi
    [link] [comments]

    What is The "Classic" AC Formula? (Or, From Odyssey to Syndicate)

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 04:57 PM PDT

    Hi all. I'm most of the way through Odyssey, which is my first ever AC game (apart from a couple of hours in the original a million years ago). Now I'm starting to think about my next AC experience, which I'm planning to be Syndicate because I got it free from the Epic Store recently.

    Aaanyway, from reading this sub and various forums, I know that Origins and Odyssey represent a new era of AC games and I also see a lot of references to the 'classic' AC formula, and how Origins and Odyssey are so different from that.

    So my original question was going to be 'What can I expect going from Odyssey back to Syndicate?', but now I'm thinking the better question is, 'What is this classic AC formula that everyone loves?' Is it something to do with being more mission-based and less open world? Stuff like that. Cheers!

    submitted by /u/pcglightyear
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought AC Origins Gold on PS4 sale

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 08:34 PM PDT

    I've just beaten Odyssey after picking up the AC series for first time in years. I bought ACIII, and couldnt get into the USA aspect after being so immersed in renaissance Italy so never finished it, and I also have Syndicate which I only played for a few hours at most. I havent touched the series since at least 2016 and that was AC II.

    Odyssey I've put 150+ hours into and I've absolutely loved it. I've a history degree with a focus on Europe in Ancient times, so the environment, peoples, mythologies, and and world made me love it. But I also understand how it's very different from the other AC titles, especially with the heavy mythology aspect and just overall power of the ISU to the regular humans. I love it for what it is, but less so as an AC game.

    All the postings on here have convinced me to buy AC Origins (that and the lock down and tons of free time I now have) as well as the deal of PS4 for the game/expansions. I'm glad I played Odyssey before hand though if Origins in better as everyone says it is.

    For those who played Odyssey and enjoyed it like I have, will I still enjoy Origins the same? Or do you think I'll enjoy it more? Or put in as many hours as I have with Odyssey?

    Thanks everyone for all the great posts making be want to and ultimately buy the game. I'm looking forward to playing it!

    submitted by /u/3w17h
    [link] [comments]

    My take on how we got where we are as a franchise following the Ezio Trilogy

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 03:10 PM PDT

    First I'd like to preface this by saying that a lot of this actually comes from Ubisoft's tendency to insist on reusing the foundations/engine/assets of one game they worked on to have an easier time creating another new game

    AC III: Ambitious conclusion to the "trilogy" attempts to follow up a highly regarded trilogy of games and keep the games from getting stale after having three fairly similar games as far as gameplay/mechanics/engine are concerned. Falls flat on it's face as it ends up doing things like keeping you from real free play as an assassin until quite a bit into the game, providing an inferior protagonist, and prematurely killing off Desmond, etc.

    AC IV:A natural progression from III in every way by improving and/or expanding a lot of III's elements. So much so that fan feedback leaves the game at an odd crisis crossroads of not feeling Assassin's Creed enough while still remaining somewhat repetitive with the previous installments

    AC Rogue: Using Black Flag as a base for a strategy of bringing one game exclusively to old gen to keep old-gen-ers happy and one built from the ground up for new gen so that it will not be held back by people who still use old gen consoles.

    AC Unity: An ambitious attempt at revamping the franchise, clearly rushed in order to maximize profit across both relevant generations that year alongside AC Rogue. Leaving the game unfinished with problems that could have been avoided along with some ill acceptance of changes that come with such a revamp/etc, only amplified by the former. Leading to upset fans

    AC Syndicate: The Uproar surrounding Unity caused Ubisoft to shy away from all thing Unity in this game while still having it rely on Unity as its foundation. Poorly received.

    AC Origins: Took a year off to reevaluate how to approach making the next game considering what's been happening and decides to take on this issue by taking a whole new approach to Assassin's Creed (probably inspired by other popular games around the time such as Witcher 3). Mixed reaction but over all definitely a net-approval by fans.

    AC Odyssey: In need of reusing the previous game, as per usual, and seemingly tired with making typical Assassin's Creed games (probably also being bolstered with the success of Origins) Ubisoft doubles down on the RPG aspects of Origins and further expands upon them with some of its own and other things in a story set before the origin with many new approaches to the gameplay and lore. Controversial reaction similar to, though far more extreme than, Black Flag where people generally tend to appreciate the game but state that it is not very Assassin's Creed.

    submitted by /u/JcraftY2K
    [link] [comments]

    Will we have a 2nd free weekend for Odyssey?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    I brought the game on 03/22 but didn't realize that I need to play it to get the Ezio outfit T-T Will they do something similar in the future so I can still get the outfit? I'm also starting to doubt should I be playing this on my PC. Tho I can defnitely get higher framerate but I would appreciate it if I can try it on my 65 inch 4k TV with my PS4 pro( vs my 1440p monitor).

    Anyone got a clue? Please advise, thanks!

    submitted by /u/KevinYang21
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anybody here that started out really loving Odyssey, but over time changed their opinion and started to dislike it (long term or short term)? If so what prompted this change?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 07:22 PM PDT

    After Origins (even though it remains one of my favourite games), I was shook by the vast change in style and gameplay the franchise took and was curious to see how Odyssey would turn out. Once it released I never fully got into liking the game. Many aspects turned me off, which are not the main topic here, but they are for instance the reptitiveness, the superpowers, the way it threw away the franchise and lore, the open world, the voice acting... and so many other things.

    I finished the game, got all the endings, did about 95% of all open world stuff and started the second episode of the first DLC before the game finally broke me and I couldn't continue my streak of 100%'ing all AC games. Don't get me wrong, sometimes when I started playing after long times of not playing I would enjoy the game enough to keep going for a few days, but once the repetitive gameplay loop sets in, it does make me feel ill to keep playing)

    My point is firstly that I never liked Odyssey (Even though I do like RPG games) and never came close to loving it.

    My second point is that: When Odyssey released, and for a good amount of time afterwords, a LOT of people praised the game and seemed like they genuinely loved it, however lately more and more posts started appearing saying things like "Odyssey is a wreck" or "Origins was so much better than Odyssey" and many other statements against Odyssey. In the past they would have been downvoted into oblivion or torn apart in the comments.

    That is why I want to know if there is anybody here that knows what it is like on both sides of the spectrum. Then I'd love to know what caused the change of heart.

    submitted by /u/Brainlasher
    [link] [comments]

    Does origins get better?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 05:00 PM PDT

    Played for about 3 hours is there some point in the game where it picks up (an upgrade or mission or something) and gets properly fun because wasn't really enjoying it and gave up but feel I might have missed something really fun

    submitted by /u/DeadlandPlacebo
    [link] [comments]

    Should Desmond have been killed off?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 10:47 PM PDT

    Initially, and up until recently, I've thought it was a dumb, mostly unnecessary move. However, now that I think on it more, I can see how the modern day portions of the story could have gotten stale should he have survived. What do you guys think? Was his story concluded well?

    submitted by /u/Baldurrr
    [link] [comments]

    Question about AC: Origins and assassinations. (Possible spoilers)

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 11:27 AM PDT

    Unless I missed the explanation, what's the significance of the feathers during assassinations?

    submitted by /u/LittleRobbieV1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment