• Breaking News

    Monday, March 2, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Main quests now in AC are about 50h long, which makes it inexcusable not to have like 2 or 3h of quality cutscenes and a good story that spans a long period of time like AC2-RV.

    Assassin's Creed Main quests now in AC are about 50h long, which makes it inexcusable not to have like 2 or 3h of quality cutscenes and a good story that spans a long period of time like AC2-RV.


    Main quests now in AC are about 50h long, which makes it inexcusable not to have like 2 or 3h of quality cutscenes and a good story that spans a long period of time like AC2-RV.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 07:36 PM PST

    Ubisoft is trying to make their games less focused on story and lore, even tho AC has one of the most interesting lores out there, with the potential for deep philosophical narratives and not just stabby stabby gameplay (which is awesome but why not have more? A good story doesn't hurt a game).

    Because of that we now have short cutscenes, with 2 mins max on average which is a very limited amount of time to convey the necessary character and plot developments.

    Remember the Origins cutscene where we meet Caesar?

    And he knows about Pompey being killed? And he meets Aya? And he meets Cleópatra? And Flavius appears? All this in two minutes. Rushed. Gamey.

    Now, I'm not saying we should have Death Stranding style of cutscenes.

    But what's the problem with ocasional taking a breath in the game and hold 5 minutes for quality character talks?

    In a 50 hour game, what's the problem with having 3hours of cutscenes? In a game that should be story based?

    At the same time, why are the story lines so short in terms of the character life? Fine. Ubisoft doesn't want any sequels.

    OK. But why not, then, cover a huge time span like the Ezio trilogy (which was about 35 h of gameplay)?

    You can still give freedom to the player during missions and have a great story running parallel to his actions. It doesn't have to be super restrictive like RDR2.

    I guess my main point is. Yes this is a game. But it started as a game focused on telling an interesting story.

    The writing sometimes was not great but the potential is there. You don't have to create themes, they're there. Freedom. Order. The place of humanity in the world. This is the core of AC. Just embrace it and you have what it takes to create a Red Dead Redemption 2 style of emotional narrative.

    submitted by /u/Brandomd
    [link] [comments]

    I really hope they make the setting interesting.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 06:54 AM PST

    As much as I'm looking forward to a viking themed AC, I don't see the appeal of running around tundras and forests. Here's to hoping we visit actual civilised areas and not be stuck with nordic "civilisation" and their straw huts, wooden walls, or some other barbarian architecture that we can't parkour in.

    submitted by /u/MaidsOverNurses
    [link] [comments]

    Gave Origins a second chance

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 07:18 PM PST

    Tried it back when it came out and returned it. I decided to play through Unity and Syndicate and then bought Origins again. This time it has totally grabbed me. I love the combat, world, and story. I think the plot basically being a kill list is simple enough to just play and enjoy without too much sense of urgency. There aren't too many characters introduced (unlike previous where I find myself forgetting half) and I've progressed fairly quickly. I just got to the fighting pits part and my progression has started to slow down. However, I'm so glad I gave this game a second chance.

    submitted by /u/KastorPip
    [link] [comments]

    Syndicate Charles Dickens memories are one of most interesting missions at whole Franchise

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 09:45 AM PST

    Like many people rand Syndicate very low, but i dont get it

    I think i enjoyed Origins and Black FLag slightly better, but neither of that games had as much interesting missions.

    Dickens memories are unique, mysterious, atmospheric, its not like "clean that fort", "kill that guy" "carry someone"

    I enjoy London a lot, this is not bad game by any means i am having a lot of fun with it

    submitted by /u/1982mathew
    [link] [comments]

    “Eagles are fine and all, but a pet monkey would be even cooler.” - Layla Hassan, AC Odyssey.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 09:31 PM PST

    A tease of what's to come, possibly after Vikings? India? Does it simply mean nothing at all? Discuss

    I think a pet monkey could have his own lil parkour system and he can jump around and slide through holes and shit

    submitted by /u/k0mbine
    [link] [comments]

    Horse skin won't show up.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 06:53 PM PST

    In Oddesey I claimed the horse skin Melaina because it was free and it won't show up in my in-game inventory. I started a new game when I got it so I haven't even killed the Wolf of Sparta. I play on PS4 and I don't know what to do. Can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/dark_jin69
    [link] [comments]

    Animus and DNA synch in AC Odyssey - Plot Holes?! What's Going On?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 02:58 PM PST

    [Spoiler of AC Odyssey, Reflections & AC III below]

    In AC Reflections (comic-book, 2017), we see templar Otso Berg accessing genetic data of the Assassin Ezio Auditore da Firenze, through an Animus Omega from Abstergo (the same as Black Flag and Rogue). These data were extracted from the genes of the Subject 17 (Desmond) after his death. In this part we see something curious, Berg achieves 78.5% accuracy in the data synchronized. Which means that the memories simulated there would be 78.5% faithful to those who Ezio really experienced at that moment. Which is not bad, let's admit... so, for who read Reflections, knows that Ezio's memories alongside his friend Leonardo da Vinci are faithfully and 100% fine in this comic, I mean, no corrupted memories (or choices :p).

    Source: Assassin's Creed Reflections, issue #1

    Source: Assassin's Creed Reflections, issue #1

    Comparing with the latest game in the franchise, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, where we have Layla Hassan using her brand new - and ultra-power - Animus HR-8.5, we noticed something funny, Layla achieves 76.3% synchronization (using DNA preserved in the Leonidas Spear), only 2% less than Otso on his adventures at Omega. And so we have choices in Odyssey, not just gender but also dialogues (and alternate endings).

    Layla Hassan laptop, AC Odyssey

    What's the point here? 2% less synchronization cause so much confusion like that? Or it's just because Kassandra/Alexios' memories are over 2,000 years old (431 BC)? If is the second case, so it means that, for example, in an advantage of ridiculous 400 years old (47 BC) we have great memories in Origins with Bayek and Aya? Because it's the same Animus in both cases, with minor adjustments in Odyssey, where Layla and Dr. Bibeau IMPROVED the machine. Great improvement, I would say LoL.

    And there's something else, if the point is "age of DNA", then I wanted to be a fly to know how they will insert choices again in the next game. Since everything indicates be set in Viking Age (hundreds of years after Odyssey and Origins). Come on, this Age is not so old...

    What do you guys think about it?

    submitted by /u/gui_heinen
    [link] [comments]

    I hope the next AC gets more "different" missions

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 01:22 PM PST

    Something that has bothered me in Origins and has gotten worse in Odyssey was the mission design.

    Most of the Missions felt like that the followed the same design structure. Like:

    -Go to an Location

    -Kill someone, Save someone or steal something

    -and then return to the Quest giver.

    Sure not every mission is like that but most of them follow this schema. Even most of the main missions.

    I really hope the next Title bring more variance in that like in the older titles. I wouldn't even mind if this means some of them got more "linear".

    What did you think about the mission design in the last AC Titels?

    submitted by /u/JKAC2013
    [link] [comments]

    New Assassin's Creed Game Ideas

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 09:01 PM PST

    What are some ideas you guys would like for an Assassin's Creed game?

    submitted by /u/dark_jin69
    [link] [comments]

    Codex Temporis Release Options

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 09:44 PM PST

    Am I a "real" fan?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 09:43 PM PST

    When I was younger, I got my hands on Assassin's Creed III, because I was in sixth grade and thought that was the coolest idea ever. Couldn't beat the Haytham segments because I wasn't an avid gamer, rage-quit, done.

    When I was older, I got Black Flag. Loved it, although I wasn't a huge fan of the sailing segments.

    Got Syndicate, also loved it, had a crush on Evie, finished it.

    Played Origins, loved it, I think Bayek is the greatest protagonist of any video game ever. This is when I really jumped on the AC train. Finished it, cried a little at "Papo. Jump."

    Got Odyssey. Loving it now. The world is beautiful, the side quests are fun, currently have a bit of a crush on Kassandra.

    My combined total hours of Origins and Odyssey triple the number of hours of III, Black Flag and Syndicate combined. Those two games are often referred to as "not real Assassin Creed games" because they stray so far from the original games. So am I a fake fan for liking Origins and Odyssey more than the "pure" games?

    For the record, I'm a very casual gamer, and my knowledge of the lore comes mostly from Wikipedia.

    submitted by /u/JurassicParker922
    [link] [comments]

    70 hrs of gameplay lost

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 09:23 PM PST

    My game crashed in the middle of a load screen, couldn't find any save file for it after rebooting. Xbox one X if that means anything, it's my boyfriend's Xbox and he won't let me hook the hard drive up to a computer to find the file(s) that way...please tell me I don't have to restart 😓

    submitted by /u/kayydear_
    [link] [comments]

    Can't find cutting ties mission. (AC3 remastered)

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 09:14 PM PST

    I'm in sequence 10 and Im in New York but I can't find the Ellen mission. Am I missing something? Do I have to complete the other homestead missions first?

    submitted by /u/NowImTheCrow
    [link] [comments]

    Syndicate stretched on 21:9

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 11:48 PM PST

    Hello,

    I recently bought the free version of syndicate, but when I went to play it using my 21:9 monitor, the game seems to be stretched horizontally and Jacob looks fat. I changed the in game settings to 21:9 and 2560 by 1080, but nothing changed. Is there a fix so that I can play with the correct fov? I heard people say to edit the ini, but I couldnt find instructions on how to do that. Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/stellarcurve-
    [link] [comments]

    Freedom Cry in Black Flag is something I've been definitely missing out on

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 06:11 AM PST

    I've just started Freedom Cry (I assume it was DLC as I didn't play it at all when Black Flag first came out until now with the Rebel Collection) and holy hell is it good so far. The twist with Adéwalé as your Assassin persona is something which I wasn't expecting and honestly it almost feels like a whole new Assassin's Creed game. I hope it doesn't disappoint me as the story goes on, so far I'm having a blast!

    submitted by /u/1323225MM
    [link] [comments]

    What's going on with the newer assassins creed games?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 04:27 PM PST

    So I've been playing assassins creed since the very first one and right now I'm currently playing black flag (I've also played rogue). I can't play the newer ones because of my pc specs but some of the things I hear about the games confuse me, Like:

    1. How does rpg style decision making work in the animus? Has the animus advanced to the point where it can simulate entire timelines and scenarios completely different from the memories?
    2. How are there monsters/myths? Isn't the point of using the animus to study history the way it truly happened? Or has the central narrative changed completely?

    I just want to know if these new "features" actually make sense lore wise. Assassins creed was my first and game franchise and I love it to death, I just hope Ubisoft hasn't ruined it for the sake of modernity and wider appeal.

    submitted by /u/Fawzee_da_first
    [link] [comments]

    What is your top pick for the time period of the next AC game (discounting Ragnarok)?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 09:07 AM PST

    Mine personally is Feudal Japan.

    submitted by /u/firepower98
    [link] [comments]

    Earning Helix Credits Quickly

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 08:14 PM PST

    Anyone know how to earn Helix Credits quickly without spending money? I'm a relatively new player and some of the stuff in the shop looks amazing.

    submitted by /u/dark_jin69
    [link] [comments]

    old fan thinking on playing Origins

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 10:26 AM PST

    I used to be a big fan of the game series because l like more the conspiracy part of games , i left the series at Unity as I dislike the focus on just assassin stuff.

    I'm considering playing origins but I want to know if the game about assassin stuff only like Unity or mixing the past and present like old games?

    thanks

    submitted by /u/AmanyWishes
    [link] [comments]

    Assassinscreed 1, windows 10

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 02:09 PM PST

    I want to play the game but I am having some problems.

    When I start a new game it just loads infinitely, did a bit of googling but found nothing that helped. Is there any way I can fix it without running it on a VM.

    submitted by /u/IkBeNbEn-
    [link] [comments]

    Painting in Assassin’s Creed Rogue?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 05:48 PM PST

    There is a painting that is a reward for Cormac's fleet, I believe it shows Anticosti with a red X, but when I got to the red X, there is nothing there, if it's just a dumb painting meant to trick the player, fine, but I'd like to know if it actually has a purpose

    submitted by /u/NOlifeGAMER04
    [link] [comments]

    AC3 remaster ... a few achievements didn’t pop up. Any advice?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 02:00 PM PST

    The achievements for completing sequence 6 and 7 didn't pop up.

    If I replay the final mission from each sequence will they show up?

    How can I prevent this issue from happening again?

    submitted by /u/ClayTravisScott
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed in Bohemia?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 05:22 PM PST

    So, me and my friend u/Fapoleon23 thought about this idea for a while and agreed that it would make a very good AC game. He also made a petition for Ubisoft to make this game which I will include below. The basic idea was out there before in like two threads that I found on the internet so it's not really new, and I think it has a big potential that Ubisoft should consider.

    The historical environment in which the medieval Kingdom of Bohemia was set in is a really good prelude for a scenario of an AC game, more specifically it was the time around 15th century when the Hussite wars against Catholic crusaders were happening. They were basically caused by execution of Jan Hus, who was a catholic priest and was fighting against corruption in the Catholic church, indulgence and other things. Upon his legacy, the Hussites were born, led by Jan Žižka they estabilished the Hussite Church while wiping out the Catholics from the lands of Bohemia. They succesfully repelled four crussades from numerous Catholic kingdoms when they split into two smaller Hussite fractions, one being more radical and agressive and the other more calm and peaceful, eventually fighting against each other. If you want to know more about this era there is some additional historical info under the petition and I will also include some wikipedia and Youtube links at the bottom.

    I think you know where I'm going with this; Catholics being Templars and Hussites being Assassins. On the surface it's a war against The Church, beneath it's a thousand year struggle of two different ideologies. Jan Žižka himself could make for an Assassin, as he was an excellent warrior, or he could act like a secondary character, maybe something like Lorenzo de' Medici in AC2. Again I think this narative is just amazing and perfectly fitting for the basic concept of Assassin's Creed games.

    If you'd like to see how this game could look like, check out Kingdom Come Deliverance, this game captures the atmosphere of medieval Bohemia pretty well in my opinion. So thanks if you read this far and let me know what you think about this, maybe correct me in some potential historical inaccuracies :D

    The petition

    Concept art (not mine)

    Jan Hus Wikipedia

    Jan Žižka Wikipedia

    Hussite Wars Wikipedia

    Video #1

    Video #2

    Video #3

    submitted by /u/Plantaznik47
    [link] [comments]

    Opinions on Unity and Syndicate?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 08:34 AM PST

    I'm interested to hear what people on this subreddit thought about each of the games, as I have played one and am playing another.

    submitted by /u/SirGeorgington
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment