• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 22, 2020

    Assassin's Creed Just finished the main storyline to origins

    Assassin's Creed Just finished the main storyline to origins


    Just finished the main storyline to origins

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    All i have to say is this, damn Abubakar Salim fucking killed it as Bayek, like holy shit that was one of the best performances i've seen in a video game.

    submitted by /u/flytalon
    [link] [comments]

    Origins is much more graphically impressive than Odyssey?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 04:57 PM PDT

    Initially I assumed the characters in origins simply looked smoother because they were less wrinkled and less detailed. After returning to origins for a little sandboxy fun in Egypt I noticed that odyssey actually downgraded quite a bit from Origins, there's almost zero cloth physics in Odyssey, the fire looks very bad compared to origins Origins as a whole has a more soft lit look to it, imagine sekiro but much less washed out, maybe this hid some of its own issues maybe not but either way it ended up looking much better.

    submitted by /u/Aeiexgjhyoun_III
    [link] [comments]

    Who would win in a fight? Petruccio Auditore or Kanen'tó:kon?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 09:56 AM PDT

    A Cute Interaction In Odyssey

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 05:42 AM PDT

    After a long night of raiding camps and misthios-ing around, the sun came up. Cassandra yawned and murmured to herself "Another sleepless night..."

    For some reason I found this incredibly adorable and wanted to share it with y'all. I really don't know how I triggered it, but I was finishing up the quest (mild spoilers) where you had to kill Daineria's cousin - Astra. I was just coming back and I just knew I had to share my discovery with the world!

    submitted by /u/julesisacoward
    [link] [comments]

    AC3 is a flawed gem

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 04:43 AM PDT

    Some background:

    So, I didn't know what to expect of AC3 before playing. I know many fans hated it at launch, saying that it paled in comparison to previous games, which worried me. Anyone who has been keeping up with my posting history has seen that out of the Ezio trilogy, I believe brotherhood is the only game that I would say is all around fantastic. What will this mean when I play AC3?

    My opinions:

    Well, I really liked the game. AC3 does have many flaws, no doubt. The horses are terribly controlled, Conner has a voice that comes off too monotonic, most of the world isnt fully utilized in the main story despite its size, the modern day ending has too much pushed onto the player to even feel satisfying, boat controls are the worst in the series, and the eagle vision is barely used.

    That being said, the things this game changes makes me like this game more than most others in the series. Why is that?

    The gameplay: They really found an excellent new movement system for Conner that runs much more smoothly than in previous games. Everything felt more reactive, especially the climbing. The implementation of tree parkour was fun and made travelling the frontier much more interesting than on horse or foot. The fact the we can now aim our projectiles anywhere now is a godsend as well. Darts became much more useful due to this. Fighting feels much more brutal since Conner's hatchet skills are more for effectiveness rather than style a la Ezio.

    I will say that the side quests are weirdly structured in the game and I would accidentally complete them more often than on purpose however. Some also do not have clear goals, such as the one with the camp that you must investigate, but cannot do until a later time, something they never tell you. In addition, the double wheel item selection is a downgrade from Revelations as you cannot see everything at once on screen it also limits the horse calling to a call, which is annoying.

    Characters: AC3 has my favorite set of characters in the series so far. Historical figures are implemented incredibly well into the story and I love how Ubisoft didn't sugarcoat the patriots, like history tends to do. I liked Conner's struggle to find actual support as every side that he aligned himself with betrayed him at one point or another, making his epilogue the more sadder.

    And I cannot talk about Characters without talking about Haytham, AKA my new favorite character in the series. As someone who played AC4 first, I found it sad that he became a Templar, but man this character has so much charisma that I was actually disappointed to stop playing as him in the beginning and incredibly happy that he came back in the end as a semi-permanent character. He is an asshole, but a lovable one lol.

    Story: Besides for the modern day ending, I loved this story. It kept me interested from beginning to end. I do think more scenes needed to be added into the story, however (how Haytham knew Conner was his son, a bigger divide in the Indian village on the red coats, etc) but those are only small complaints.

    Modern Day: This is the best modern day section in the series. It doesn't stay too long, has a wide variety in locale, is fun to play, and is reminiscent of the main gameplay so i have little complaints about it, except for when you are placing down the cubes in the main hub since their sections are too dark and look incredibly similar. Also, since I played Odyssey first, I knew about the catastrophe and hated how poorly it was explained. It definitely could have been integrated better into the story and in a non-pretentious matter

    Overall, I really liked this game and would replay this one day. Since I enjoyed black flag's Aveline dlc, up next for me is Liberation.

    submitted by /u/Monic_maker
    [link] [comments]

    Is unity worth a second playthrough?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 05:29 PM PDT

    I played unity 3 or 4 years ago when I borrowed it from a friend and enjoyed it. I finished the main campaign but didn't do the dlc or side content because I was only borrowing it. I'm wondering since it's on sale is it worth rebuying??

    submitted by /u/alphafire616
    [link] [comments]

    Would you have liked to have seen the planed Russian Revolution AC game?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 10:53 AM PDT

    Originally Ubisoft planed to make a "revolution trilogy" with AC Unity, AC Syndicate and a third game set in St. Petersburg during the Russian revolutions. While I personally prefer Unitys gameplay style over the new RPG style I hated the often ahistorical and strange Story of Unity, the Templars beeing behind the French revolution made no sense to me, so I don't know how I eould have felt about this third entry to the trilogy. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/Sigmarsson137
    [link] [comments]

    The father of understanding

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    I recently replayed assassins creed 2 and right when the Pazzi conspirators said "may the father of understanding guide us"(which is said often by templars.) the father of understanding is also mention in AC origins by Septimius during the fight with Aya. He said that Julio Caesar is the father of understanding. I asked myself who exactly is the father of understanding. Please leave your thoughts below.

    submitted by /u/zenka717
    [link] [comments]

    Would you want an Assassin's Creed remaster?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 10:46 AM PDT

    Would you want an AC1 remaster now or in the near future? If yes, what should it include? Should Ubi try to include new features or just stick to the old ones and redo the graphics for the real old school experience?

    submitted by /u/Mikilius
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on buying AC4?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    Okay, background. I'm playing my way through all the AC games on PS4 at the moment, and I've just finished AC3 Remastered. Originally I hadn't planned to 100% the games, but I managed one, and then another, and then another, and by now I've fully completed all the games that I've played and it seems a shame to stop there. The thing is, it looks like AC4 has a couple of multiplayer achievements. As I understand it, I could go to the trouble of paying a subscription for online stuff, and finding people to help me get those achievements, anxiety-inducing as that is. But I notice that AC3 Remastered is quite recent, and the Switch is getting a "Rebel Collection" edition which I presume has the multiplayer removed, going by previous remasters.

    So my question is this - do I hold off in the vague hope that for whatever reason, the PS4 gets that Rebel Collection too within a year or so, and I can 100% the game without multiplayer worries? Or do I just buy the regular game fairly quickly, and take advantage of the fact that AC4 and its DLC seem to have pretty big discounts at the moment? I understand that it may be totally pointless asking on here since it's unlikely anyone knows for sure, but... guesses more educated than mine, anyone? Thanks in advance, and sorry for the wall of text. (But not too sorry, because I've just come out the other side of Ezio's races and Connor's naval missions in recent weeks and the rage hasn't entirely subsided.)

    submitted by /u/MutterNonsense
    [link] [comments]

    Frustrating Exploration in AC Odyssey

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 05:43 PM PDT

    I just started playing AC Odyssey in this free weekend and i liked the game enough to buy it. But i'm really getting frustated with how exploration and mission triggers work in this game:

    I found a stranded npc in an island with no interaction available, i found it strange but i didn't think much about it. Then i went to another island an cleared a pirate camp there, there was an empty cage in the camp, but again i didn't think much about it.

    After that i accepted a mission that asked me to go the first island to talk to the stranded npc there. Suddenly, now there's an interaction with him, he's desperate and wants me to save his brother. His brother is in the other island i visited, and i have to clear the pirate camp again, but now his brother is in the cage to be rescued.

    I know the game is 2 years old right now and people probably complained about this already.

    I am just wondering how people who already played the game would go about this, is it's even worth exploring places if they have no mission icon on them? Should i just go from mission to mission ignoring the world?

    submitted by /u/iamnoreplicant
    [link] [comments]

    [Unity Spoilers] Theory: Napoleon Bonaparte was a Templar

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    Assassin's Creed Unity spoilers below

    So let's go back to the beginning of the French Revolution.

    At the end of Rogue, the assassin-turned-templar Shay Cormac, when told "Connor (AC3) and his assassins... The American Revolution undid your Templar business", he comments "Then perhaps we shall start a revolution, of our own."

    Fast-forward to Unity, we see that a small group of Templars: Aloys la Touche, Frédéric Rouille, Marie Lévesque and the leader François-Thomas Germain, had been pulling the strings of the French Revolution all along. Among other things, they had been starving the populace by cutting off grain supply, actively searching for incriminating evidence against the king and finally witnessed the result in the execution of King Louis XVI.

    Unfortunately by this time, the Master Assassins Mirabeau (the leader and inarguably the only effective council member of the French Brotherhood of Assassins) and Bellec had both died, leaving the Brotherhood handicapped.

    Germaine by the time of his death, had revealed three reasons why he caused the revolution.

    1. To avenge Jacques de Molay, a 13th century Templar executed by the then French king Philip the Fair. As he died, he cursed the king to the thirteenth generation of his bloodline. King Louis XVI was a direct descendant of him. As he was executed, Germaine says "You are avenged, Jacques de Molay."

    2. To bring the Templars to their former state. Germaine claims that the Templars are lost and corrupt, succumbing to power, nobility and title - "the lies (they) crafted to shepard the masses". They've fallen into their own traps of having people chase such things. Thus with the revolution came the outlash against people in high places, and he hoped that it would force the Templars back into the shadow, becoming the "secret masters they once were". Even after his death, he's satisfied and says that what he wants is inevitable. "It is not about power, it is about control" he said.

    3. Last but not the least, to let people have a taste of freedom and chaos, so they remember why they crave order. This is the entire purpose of the Templars, to bring order into the world. And this where my theory takes its wings.

    Germaine set into motion events that would dismantle the people's loyalty to the throne. He wanted to show that Louis XVI is a terrible leader, and for that he cut off food to the people etc. He succeeded, and the Revolution happened. In the aftermath, France was in ruin, and the price of bread was higher than ever. And that is when Napoleon Bonaparte stepped up to rule.

    Taste of freedom and chaos, check. And now someone just happened to step up and rule, and the people loved him for it? Either this is a huge coincidence, or Germaine's plan involved setting up a leader too, because that's what his idea was.

    Now when we meet Napoleon in the game, it is clear he's diplomatic and opportunistic but not a Templar, as he isn't after the evidence against the assassins that Rouille was after. However, him and Rouille are more like workplace rivals than bloodborne enemies, and if the Templars could reach Rouille, they could reach him too.

    Furthermore, in the Dead Kings DLC, Napoleon is not only aware of the pieces of Eden, but searching for them, which no one really does except assassins and Templars. I place my money on that he was recruited by the Templar order after the main story.

    His friendship with Arno Dorian doesn't matter, and may even be proof, as Templars have been successfully able to use assassins when they need to, as even Germaine manipulated Arno into killing the (good) Templar Lafrenière. Also as he comments, Arno believed he won as soon as he killed Germaine. He has never been one to see the big picture either. So Napoleon could slip from right under his nose.

    What about his exile? Who knows. But it's clear the Templars are in power today, and they couldn't really be so today if they lost then. So maybe he was cast out of the order.

    Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

    submitted by /u/hiinevitableimtony
    [link] [comments]

    AC Odyssey Cult of Kosmos ending: mystery, lies and resolution

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 06:19 AM PDT

    So total spoilers... I'm curious if anyone else had this experience.

    I guessed early on Aspasia was the Ghost of Kosmos. A powerful woman in the orbit of prominent Athenians with a network of spies who just happens to learn about your mother's location just around the same time as the rival island of Naxos led by a cultist suddenly starts attacking (not to mention she travels there with you and says she has some "business" to attend to just before the attack starts). This is when I first thought maybe it was her.

    I grew even more suspicious when upon returning to Athens during the plague Aspasia declares that she just sent Phoebe on a dangerous errand (by herself!) during a plague/riot. You of course find her killed by cultists who also just happened to be there.

    In your convenient absence Perikles has gone missing. You find him and Aspasia at the temple where he is murdered by Deimos. At this point I am already half expecting to be able to confront Aspasia about her transparent treachery, but no such option exists...

    As the story continues and I hunt more cultists I get more and more clues each of which further adds to the certainty that it is Aspasia. The mask even confirms the ghost is a woman long before you get the "it's a woman" clue.

    The letters paint a picture of a power-hungry megalomaniac entirely without principles...

    So when you finally confront the Ghost in Delphi, and of course it's Aspasia, Kassandra/Alexios' surprise is kind of jarring. As Aspasia spins a tale about how she was just trying to do good (???) and steer the Cult in a different direction and it was all Deimos' fault - really? REALLY? - there is no option to call her out on what seem to be obvious lies, no dialogue to confront her about the death of Phoebe and how she apparently used her to get you out of the way so Perikles could be assassinated. Her explanation that she never wanted Perikles harmed seems extremely hard to believe... The game frames all this as if she is being entirely sincere and letting her continue being the spider in the web is the 'good' choice, but it feels like you're being played like a piano.

    If this were the Witcher (or another more morally ambiguous game) this would be the part where you go "yeah I'm not buying this" and press for a better explanation. The actual text of the game presents no evidence to support Aspasia's claim that she is not a villain beyond her saying she isn't and we're supposed to just trust her on that.

    If you choose violence at this point it just ends in a weirdly pointless fight in which you easily strike down a basically defenseless opponent... no further revelations, no mask slipping "aha you got me!"-moment, no closure. The game really wants you to side with her.

    Now, I like strong female characters (played as Kassandra) and I'm not saying a woman should be painted as a villain just for being powerful and ambitious, but I also don't appreciate being gaslit and everything else in the story seems to be saying that she is lying to your face.

    Also there's no credit roll with either choice (nor is there one elsewhere) which makes it seem even more like an anti-climax.

    Anyone else feel like this about the Cult ending?

    submitted by /u/ninjadodo
    [link] [comments]

    Just got into Discovery mode in Odyssey..

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 06:46 PM PDT

    I just want to mention that i think Discovery mode is incredibly well done! Huge shout out to the developers as their work here is dope as hell. I hope that this mode remains a part of future installments.

    submitted by /u/giulez845
    [link] [comments]

    The Odyssey free weekend absolutely got me. 20 Hours in so far. Questions about first Assassin's Creed Purchase inside

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    I am definitely going to get Odyssey on this steam sale to finish the story... are the DLC's in the Ultimate edition worth the ~$20 extra? I have also heard that Black Flag is the best Assassin's Creed so I was thinking about purchasing it as well (only like $7 in the steam sale) in case Odyssey does not take me that much longer. What's the best bang for my buck that I can spend ~40-50 bucks right now?

    submitted by /u/MasterOfHavoc
    [link] [comments]

    Assassin's Creed Black flag PC update.

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 08:20 PM PDT

    Black flag just received a 300 mb update today. Does anyone know what's new?

    submitted by /u/SwordOfAltair
    [link] [comments]

    How did Ezio get his AcR robes?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 09:52 PM PDT

    So i just finished the entire ezio trilogy and damn what an amazing game. Ezio has made himself my favourite assassin in the span of a week and a half. It was such an amazing story but im still wondering how Ezio got his ac revelations robes. Was this ever explained? Or is it just random like, new game new robes.

    submitted by /u/carrot390
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to replay the present day sequences in Black Flag?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 02:30 PM PDT

    I realized that I missed a couple of achievements in Black Flag (probably due to playing while not connected to the internet), and in order to get them I need to replay one of the present day missions. But I can't access them from the game's progress tracker. Is there a way to replay those without starting a whole new save file?

    submitted by /u/JohnCarterofAres
    [link] [comments]

    Confused on Odyssey battles

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 07:33 PM PDT

    Do I have to be careful as to which castles and camps I defeat? Because I just entered a war and it was to be on the Athens side. I didn't notice me doing anything to join the Athens side but maybe I've been killing Spartans and not noticing? I've just been killing castles and their captains. I'm confused.

    submitted by /u/Koankey
    [link] [comments]

    This was a missed opportunity in Revelations

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 04:35 AM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/l2lOGhf.jpg

    Would've been the perfect time for "Ubisoft Presents" with Ezio's Family track playing, while on top of Galata Tower at the start of the game.

    submitted by /u/-Auditore-
    [link] [comments]

    The next AC setting I'd like to see

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 02:59 PM PDT

    I want a Julius Ceasar Rome setting. I've been playing a ton of Total War Rome 2. And it gave me the realization that working along Brutus to bring down Ceasar would be such a treat. Ceasar could be a Templar. It'd work quite well I think. I'm aware this may not happen. So what about a Spaniard type AC game? There's so many possibilities. I'm tired of going further back in time. Odyssey was far enough in my honest opinion

    submitted by /u/Redixer
    [link] [comments]

    VERY rough idea for a game set during the Russian revolution

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 12:23 AM PDT

    "We play as the assassin who was tasked with assassinating the royal family during the Russian revolution who is deeply affected by this act(when he was younger) and we play as this character when there older(say late late 30's-40's) who is a hopeless drunk that is disavowed from the order but is still scene as a powerful person(the killing of the royal family was considered a great accomplishment) and through the story(whether on there own or through a son/daughter character) they grow as a person and but especially early & mid game they take paid jobs for the assassins or some such group that are not honorable and are "sly" and maybe you end the game doing some honorable act that kills you but also inspires the order to change there philosophy(in this storu the assassins of Russia are corrupt and kinda bad)"

    It's currently 3:23 in the morning so I realise its very rough

    submitted by /u/riz_the_snuggie
    [link] [comments]

    What the hell happened to the AC Franchise?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 03:37 PM PDT

    Hi, I am an "Old School" AC fan, my last game was Black Flag and never really went into the Next-Gen games. I'm currently playing Odyssey and although I think is not a bad game, is not good enough to be called Assassin's Creed. I will resume the game as the battle of 300, an exciting scene on paper but poorly represented in-game. Sometimes when I pause it and open up the menu, I think I'm playing a free to play RPG rather than a 60$ (or 15$) Game.

    What do you guys think? My overall opinion is that Odyssey is not an AC game and Ubisoft should have split and made it a new IP.

    submitted by /u/RivianMage
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment